1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

NoMouse

I FIND YOUR LACK OF KETCHUP DISTURBING

Postby NoMouse » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:22 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote:THEY'RE TAKING THE MYSTERYONGS TO ISENGARD!

Isengard? How far is it from the Asinara Island?

ETA: Oh wow, pagepope.
Optional decree: Answer a question somewhere in your post.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:26 pm UTC

Forty-two
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

GREAT LORD RANDALL IT'S A PASTPOST GET IN THE STEAMBOTTLE

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:46 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Reminds me of Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics. In an earlier post I described the Laws of Temporodynamics. I now present

The Three Laws of OTTics

1. An OTTer may not flame or, through inaction, allow an OTTer to be flamed.

2. An OTTer must Wait for it, except where such Waiting would conflict with the First Law.

3. An OTTer must OTTify, as long as such OTTification does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

The Zeroth Law of OTTics
(an addition first appearing in the novel OTTers and Empire)

0. An OTTer may not harm the OTTiverse or, by inaction, allow the OTTiverse to come to harm.

(The "OTTiverse" consists of the OTC, the OTT, all OTTers and by extension all things molpish.)

-1. ni ni ni ni chupacabra ping pong ball
HES wrote:
MSWFPFP wrote:The first date I had with MSWFP was sort of an accident. But things seemed to have worked out reasonably well.

All the best relationships start by accident.

Now I'm worried: I don't like accidents, and can't plan for them!
macraw83 wrote:
SchizoBlitz Report #16

This report is brought to you by the number 31.

It's time for another installment of "It's all RELATED!

At one point in my Blitz toxip, some OTTer (CD, I think?) mentioned that xe's working on a Portal mod that got Greenlit, which inspired me to go listen to the Space Core monologue for some reason. This part:
Hey.
Hey lady.
Lady.
Lady.
Hey lady.
Hey.
Lady.
Hey lady, lady.
Hey.
Lady.
Space.
inspired me to send that same bit to my fiancee in individual texts. As a result, "lady" no longer seems like a word. This condition is known as "semantic satiation", a term I learned when an Outside English-major friend posted about it on Facebook on HTuesday.

Oh, and just for kicks, there's a huge 11-xip-long sale on Steam (a digital hotdog vendor owned and operated by Valve, the same people that created Portal) that started less than 5 nopix ago, in case nomolpy has already posted anything about it (though I'm assuming I've been ninja'd).

See? It's all RELATED!
SPAAAAAAAAACE! Molpish story :D
But now I'm caught between the part of me which wants to save money by buying cheap games, and the part which wants to save money by not buying any games since I'll never gave Time to play them.
My RELATED thing: I'm in the middle of reading a story which contains the following: "Her own hot dog looked to be topped with a virulent mustard yellow. That probably meant mustard."
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:25 pm UTC

HES wrote:ETA: are Zooman and Arky really that close Outside?

My location on the map is correct, and Arky's marker was already there when I moved here. However, xe has only posted once on the OTT since I live here.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1290

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:30 am UTC

LONGJUMP...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: I FIND YOUR LACK OF KETCHUP DISTURBING

Postby SBN » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:31 am UTC

NoMouse wrote:
Optional decree: Answer a question somewhere in your post.

"Because I said so"
For it was in the year of this NP when MSWFP and I became eligible to use that phrase.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:03 am UTC

Why can't I remember the question I was going to put here?
And why did that newpage go by before I could follow the decree? (as it usually does!) Probably because I don't usually read in post mode, or post in read mode.

Sorry to hear about your gastrounmolpishness Link.

azule wrote:ucim = razbery
azule = I'll take that!
Somebody give azule a rasbery!

azule wrote:Because sometimes there isn't enough appreciation of the SilentOngs: The water falling off the oars is nice. Thanks for all the details.
I'll second that - The Silent ONGs are awesomeful!

mrob27 wrote:
The Three Laws of mrobOTTics
FTFY

Of course, the real problem with Asimov's laws is that they are written in Haskell.

AluisioASG - Love the story... but you know that! :) "next" and "previous" links would be molpish.

BlueCrab wrote:Aluisio disclaims responsibility? Hmm... :( It was ucim, on np 1984
Whistles.... looks the other way....)

And I love GingerCat's house!

HES wrote:Actually, I think I've reached Hotdog Saturation and will not be buying anything this time round.
Hotdog Saturation is the next album from Vital Hotdog Function.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:12 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote: How long until the end of the SilentOngs?
I'm guessing in under 100 frames. But that's just a guess, sure to be wrong. And hey, the TimeAfterTime wiki page has my OTTercomic on it. Neat!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Eternal Density

COULD OTTSCARS /BE/ ANY MORE UNRAPTORISH?

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:17 am UTC

ucim wrote:
mrob27 wrote:
The Three Laws of mrobOTTics
FTFY

SCRÜMPTÎÕÜS DÖNÛT, JÅ!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

mrob27

I'M IN UR EPSILON, CH*RPING UR UNGS

Postby mrob27 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:17 am UTC

第八章

(chapter 7)

Morobu wakes just at dawn, with the other pilgrims who spent the night. Silently, all put away their futons in the storage-alcove provided, except the sheets which go in a special hamper. Morobu also leaves a donation to the temple, and prays briefly (Oooh! six Cueballs in a row! I love when that happens!). Crossing the courtyard to the far corner, he starts up the waiting path.
    Leaving the serenity of ucim's Temple of Cuelessness behind, Morobu heads further up the gentle slope of the base of the great mountain, into denser forest.
    There are many giant stones, thick clumps of bamboo and streams cutting through the rock. Several times he feels he is getting lost, but he listens carefully for Chirpies to tell the way.
    Turning a particularly treacherous corner between two boulders balanced over a stream, suddenly he sees the fabled 運がいい — Lucky the Raptorcat. He is in the distance, too far to pounce but the sight is yet startling enough to make Morobu lose his footing and fall ploosh into the stream. A few turbulent moments later he manages to grab a fallen bamboo stalk and stop his floating downstream. Morobu awkwardly pulls himself back up onto the ground.

Script Update

As a lazy read-it-all OTTer, I use the spoiler-opener script, which as the name suggests, automatically opens all spoilers on a page. It has had a problem, that if you are trying to jump to a specific post (for example, by clicking on this link to read one of my What-If OTTifications), the post you're hoping to see gets scrolled down a fair bit by all the opening spoilers.
    I've just made a change to spoiler-opener that should fix this. If the URL contains a hash section (like '#p3604941') it will try to find a message on the page with that ID and scroll to it. This won't always work, but it seems to work most of the time.
    Please note that it won't auto-scroll until the script actually runs, which is after the DomContentLoaded. If there are lots of images and things that take a while to load, it might appear that the page has loaded and the script didn't auto-scroll. But if the browser's loading-progress indicator is still going, just Wait for it.

AluisioASG wrote: Ah, no array generics.

Thank you for this and the rest of the explanation. This is one of the more abstract bits of JavaScript that I have yet to learn. I actually like duck typing, perhaps because SmallTalk was my first object-oriented language. Still, I think this is a Chrome bug, because everything I found seems to indicate that Array.forEach has been supported by Chrome almost forever.

balthasar_s wrote: I added
// @include http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info/ott/view*
to the userscripts I use on the OTT.

A most molpish idea! I have now done this to the relevant scripts on mrob.com, specifically newpix-convertor, no-tinytext, profile-hover, sig-contrast, spoiler-opener, and we-love-banana-yada. As far as I can tell, they seem to be working. I haven't looked too closely at no-tinytext. All are linked from my Time scripts index. (The ones I haven't changed, such as multiquote and blindposter, don't seem relevant since the ЯOЯЯIM uses a different posting mechanism.)

Eternal Density wrote:
mrob27 wrote:
The Three Laws of OTTics

Spoiler:
1. An OTTer may not flame or, through inaction, allow an OTTer to be flamed.

2. An OTTer must Wait for it, except where such Waiting would conflict with the First Law.

3. An OTTer must OTTify, as long as such OTTification does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

The Zeroth Law of OTTics
(an addition first appearing in the novel OTTers and Empire)

0. An OTTer may not harm the OTTiverse or, by inaction, allow the OTTiverse to come to harm.

(The "OTTiverse" consists of the OTC, the OTT, all OTTers and by extension all things molpish.)

-1. ni ni ni ni chupacabra ping pong ball

Oh yeah, we forgot the Imaginary Law of mrobOTTics:
√-1. The OTT has laws.

ucim wrote: Of course, the real problem with Asimov's laws is that they are written in Haskell.

:lol:

Edit:

Eternal Density wrote: SCRÜMPTÎÕÜS DÖNÛT, JÅ!

Image   Image     Image
(Not sure how BlitzGirl got involved in this...)
Last edited by mrob27 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:39 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

HES

Re: I'M IN UR EPSILON, CH*RPING UR UNGS

Postby HES » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:06 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
Image   Image     Image

So now, rather than wielding the 'saw herself, BlitzMaiden shepherds the molpies.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2208

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:10 am UTC

SLUNGSHOTS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:BRACE YOURSELVES, NEEDLE-PULLED THING IS COMING

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 am UTC

HES wrote:So now, rather than wielding the 'saw herself, BlitzMaiden shepherds the molpies.

Alternatively, I could be trying to stop the molpy from punsawing mrob... or attempting to get the punsaw back from the molpy so I can do the deed myself!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:48 am UTC

HES wrote:
mrob27 wrote:
Image   Image     Image

So now, rather than wielding the 'saw herself, BlitzMaiden shepherds the molpies.

She's been doing that for a long time!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:26 am UTC

It's tough to herd molpies, especially when they have VITSSÅGAR, JA!

("Sågar" seems to be the plural of "saw" in Swedish, but I'm not certain that's correct.)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1291

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:30 am UTC

PENONG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Parent Job Day, or whatever it's called

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:55 am UTC

Margrit explained to me that this used to be a weapons research facility, owned by one of the major suppliers of the War. They didn't create personal weapons here, but stuff that could wipe out entire cities. Wow.

But it was not only that. The people she worked with looked for ways to make soldiers better. They tested them on her to make sure things worked out. “The changes you don't see, most were for them.”

I think she had a family in here. And now they're all gone. I guess I'll invite her to come and live with us. After all, I know well what having your family taken from you feels like.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

ergman

molpy dow-zzz

Postby ergman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:59 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
Margrit explained to me that this used to be a weapons research facility, owned by one of the major suppliers of the War. They didn't create personal weapons here, but stuff that could wipe out entire cities. Wow.

But it was not only that. The people she worked with looked for ways to make soldiers better. They tested them on her to make sure things worked out. “The changes you don't see, most were for them.”

I think she had a family in here. And now they're all gone. I guess I'll invite her to come and live with us. After all, I know well what having your family taken from you feels like.

eep.

mscha wrote:PENONG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot
Oh!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

HES

Postby HES » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:24 am UTC

Ah, the return of Floating Head Cue!
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

PFFFTH

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:13 am UTC

The disembodied heads emerge from the depths of the ocean, levitating slowly toward the Cueganite camp...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

MistyCat

Q04B

Postby MistyCat » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:56 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:... And @MistyCat setting a new record!
I may not recover from this, but at least I do have one of everything that matters. [image]
2:9303068:I:9303068:6:D93..FB420IC63.HE82.GD75.EC632DA520:63:31:1.36340,2.311,3.311,4.27,5.1

I played your game for a while. Seems pretty easy if you don't mind using some of the boost points you've amassed :wink:

Yes, I'd been down to only three blank squares at one stage. However, I've moved on...
Spoiler:

I was going to post when I passed the million mark, but I didn't notice it happen in the midst of the massive cascade of collapses.
I noticed an update happening as I tidied up after the new tile, waiting for the plethora of Luckies to subside.
Nothing to see here.
Spoiler:
Q04B017-10718492Beanette-Amtoo wedding (with Rosetta).gif
Lots of Luckies

Q04B017-10722834Beanette-Amtoo wedding (with Rosetta).gif
Beanette/Amtoo wedding (with Rosetta)
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

mscha

Time Revisited - np2212

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:10 am UTC

SAMARUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:BETTER CRENELLATE MY OWN MIP

-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1292

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:30 am UTC

ONGLICISMS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Eternal Density

"THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!" I SCREAMED AS ZOMBEANIE DELURKED

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:04 am UTC

What did onetrue OTTer say to the otther OTTer?

Spoiler:
Molpy molpy molpy molpy
Molpy molpy molpy molpy
Molpy molpy molpy molpy

Grapevine grapevine

HES

Postby HES » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:09 am UTC

New Othercomic. I lose nerd points for missing the glaringly obvious reference.
He/Him/His Image

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:02 pm UTC

HES wrote:New Othercomic. I lose nerd points for missing the glaringly obvious reference.

I assume it's a Superman reference. Though I do wonder whether there's another reference hidden in there.

Since I've got a few spare moments, and since I doubt I'm going to be able to post full ketchup replies any time soon, I best post highlights from the last few wips.

Firstly, Q04B:

Spoiler:
Any moment now...

Yay!

Although I am slightly jealous of MistyCat's efforts...

Also thanks to mrob for all the molpish boosts. I have been able to successfully use Snake and Cueless to avoid complete disaster. Also enjoying Wait For It, but was sad to miss a large number of frames, including pretty much the entire ending sequence when merging large tiles.

To Azule, on the topic of typos: I blame trying to post from a MOS (Mobile Organised Sand).

To people who more distantly commented on my somewhat macabre "Thus Ends Time": I'm sorry. I'll try doing better. Let's see... hmmm... How about this? Cueganzzle go back and find that the Forty are all dead from some mysterious disease, which they contract and die of as well. Nope, that's no better. Maybe this? They decide to switch their small rowing boat for the Raftcastle, and sail out into the middle of the Sea1. Unfortunately, they hit a bit of tree debris whilst out in the middle, causing it to start sinking and they drown err... nope, that's no good. Ok this one: They meet up with La Petite who is actually not who she appears to be, but rather a figment of Cueball's subconscious imagination, explaining that it's all a dream. He wakes up to discover that he is still lying on the beach with Megan next to him, and that there was no Zanclean flood... Thus Ends Time...
Spoiler:
... or not! Soon after returning home the brain-eating amoeba finally reach his central neural pathways, turning him into a Zombie. Zomball then infects the rest of his people. Thus Ends Time. :twisted:
There that seems much better.

To whichever OTTer was unsure who they missed congratulong on their birth-page: I was one of them I think.

To everyone else who I've forgotten to respond to: If you had questions for me, perhaps you should repost them. I may not be that old, but my memory is a bit like a sieve and my MOS does not lend itself to making notes.

To mrob, ucim, Aluisio et al: Stories are much appreciated.

That is all I have to say. For now.

Redundant:

Spoiler:
impending_rosetta.PNG
Rosetta incoming...

q04b_winning.PNG
Winning!
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1293

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

SUBHEADONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:18 pm UTC

We seem to have temporarily acquired a diply dead zone in the OTT between the SilentONG posted above and the SilentONG that comes next. Beware of zombies in this space.

Edit: those are ONGs, not UNGs.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1294

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

CONGLOMERATED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Beware of zombies in this space.
Beware of zombies in THIS space.
Redundant
Spoiler:
zombag.png
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:09 pm UTC

There's another one crawling out of the Sea...

Redundant:
Spoiler:

ZombieSpace.png

Keywords: BGUM zombie silent ong Silentong zombies undead attack stick figures silentong timeaftertime
redundant242.png
redundant242.png (213.2 KiB) Viewed 24843 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2222

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:10 pm UTC

UNGENIOUSNESS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MY STEAMBOTTLE, LET ME SHOW YOU IT

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:13 pm UTC

Semencoffeecancerzombiesonice?
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:17 pm UTC

I would go to see zombies on ice, provided audience safety was guaranteed.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

moody7277

Re: Time Revisited - np2222

Postby moody7277 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:42 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote:MY STEAMBOTTLE, LET ME SHOW YOU IT

-- posted by oldpixbot

Thank you, oldpixbot, but I'll pass on that.

Ugh.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:54 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:We seem to have temporarily acquired a diply dead zone in the OTT between the SilentONG posted above and the SilentONG that comes next. Beware of zombies in this space.

Edit: those are ONGs, not UNGs.

Sorry, work has been unusually Outsidy todip. And not in a good way.
It's apparently Take your Wolpy to Work Dip for some folks.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:10 pm UTC

MistyCat wrote:ETA (because to the pure all things are pure) that I didn't notice the non-non sequitur nature of "I may not recover from this, but at least I do have one of everything that matters." until I heard an involuntary "Hur Hur" from my inner child. (rude little beast that he is)...
But that's a good thing - if our inner children weren't rude little beasts then who would laugh at fart jokes? Heh, I said ‘fart.’ :lol:

karhell wrote:*grabs Punsaw and RUNs*
Great mental image there! :lol:

mrob wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:(OTT:1986:5) Haven't got a control key, it's a touchscreen.

Oh well then, perhaps you could be more specific and say what it is you wish to accomplish
Hmm, I don't think azule and I were talking about an actual problem at that point, more about Time accessors in general. Let me track it down...
Ah, found it. On np 1977 I submitted a post before I meant to because I didn't take the time to zoom on the preview/submit buttons. azule didn't know (or had blocked out :P ) that I have an iPhone, and told me how he avoids doing that on np 1982. Then it went back and forth a little bit, that's all.

Welcome one and all to the OTT Multi-Timezone Question Tennis International Melee Event of Newpage 1990!
Our expert commentator and moderator today will be Grumpy Cat - over to you Mr. Cat!
Spoiler:

I can't hear Mr. Cat on my earbud, do I have that feed? But I can't hear what he's... He's not going to speak? He's - he's leaving? But I... Okay, but I don't...
Okay, apologies for the delay, folks! It seems Mr. Cat has laryngitis and his physician has advised him not to speak for a few days, what a shame.
It looks like I'll be doing the commentary myself todip then, all you OTTers new to the game can learn right along with me - let's have some fun!!!

And there's the gun! The... boomerang, the... what in Randall's name is that thing? It's a what, now? A... Really? Well, all right... there's the dillgunerang!
Mome BlitzGirl begins the match with metaphysics: ‘Is Time walking by Cuegan? Or is Cuegan walking by Time?’
Neil_Boekend responds easily with ‘Why?’ which is promptly fielded by ChronosDragon's ‘Why not?’

A reminder that this match is brought to you in part by oldpixbot. Oldpixbot would like you to know that AUTOMOME wrote: MY DECREE IS FULL OF OTTERS. Oldpixbot - your friend and mine.

Back to the action!

BlitzGirl is in again, asking ‘Why does Lucky's rock look so lonely without Lucky lying there?’ and Eternal Density takes things in another direction with ‘Why am I the goat of hamplies?’ and then it's BlitzGirl yet again, asking ‘Is it time for the edgemolpy UNG? I think it is.’ Can she do that? Is she allowed to put a sentence there? She can. All right, okay. I just didn't know, because you know in oral Question Tennis matches you have to - what? Oh! Yeah, sorry. Neil_Boekend takes over again with a double, that's 2 points for him, well done Neil! ‘How long shall it take until the Kraken decides to take the puny rowing boat? How long until the end of the SilentOngs?’ Brilliant!

We now bring you an update on TaT from newpixbot, who writes: Wait for it.

What do you mean it's not 2 points, he asked a double question - but it's two questions, it should be a point for each - all right, all right, but it's a stupid rule. I'm supposed to be the moderator here and you won't let me - Welcome back! Thank you for the update, newpixbot, it's always a pleasure. I love your stripes, where did you get - oh! A clarification of the rules, sorry, Neil_Boekend did not receive 2 points for his double question; by M-TzQTI tournament rules a player cannot score with two questions consecutively, even in separate posts. This differs from the IQTM-Tz rules, which allow consecutive scores as long as they are in separate posts.
Here's NoMouse for the first time, throwing out: ‘Is this my birthdip newpage? Yes, it is!’ Oh, lovely, Happy Birthdip newpage to NoMouse! And here's Link, also for the first time, and... and it's also Link's Birthpage, what a treat for everymolpy - Happy Birthpage to Link! Link's question is... uh, oh dear, it looks as if Link - no, no, there it is, THERE IT IS! What subtlety, what grace - Link's slyly put his questions - and it is a double - in his sig! ‘HOW MOLPY GET FORMED? HOW MUSTARD GET CHIRPING?’ And they are links as well, is there no end to this player's ingenuity?
Eternal Density follows, wanting to know ‘Is that the one where... oh, it is.’ What? Look I'm trying to - it is a question. Yes, it is, it's clearly intended to extract information, I - no. No, I said no! Look you've put me out here in front of at least a dozen OTTers and who knows how many guests and bots, and I know I'm not getting paid anything extra for this; I am by Randall going to make a judgement! And my judgement is that Eternal Density asked a valid question! Wh - I'm not listening to you any more. Excuse me, some of us have a job to be doing. and SBN contributes ‘Why does it seem like the hamplies going left are going faster than the hamplies going right?’ Why indeed, SBN, well asked! And she passes it right back to Eternal Density so that he can ask ‘Accidental Date is the next single from... um, what was that band called again?’

Time for another message from oldpixbot, who brings us AUTOMOME once again: SO I HERD U LIKE MEOWLPIES. Don't we all, AUTOMOME, don't we all!

NoMouse is back! His question is - uh, my mistake, a public service announcement from NoMouse: ‘recently I came across something that could be named The One True Font ProjectBut it's the newpage of his Birthyip, couldn't we... You always do this, you've been doing it the whole show! Dillgunerang, that's what I'm talking about, who ever heard of a dillgunerang, that's obscene - there are young baobabbies here!... you're such a ch*rper, you know, you could have told me Grumpy Cat was female before I

TaT is presented by newpixbot! Newpixbot, your TaT friend, says ‘RONGATIRATONGA...’

- signal lost -

Update: final score was OTTers 26, Tennis 6. Longest string was 12 questions. OTTers WIN!

*Happy newpage of the Birthyip, NoMouse and Link!
Last edited by BlueCrab on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

mscha

Time Revisited - np2224

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:10 pm UTC

OVERHUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:BETTER MUSTARD MY OWN KEYBOARD

-- posted by oldpixbot

TheMinim

Re: Time Revisited - np2224

Postby TheMinim » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:36 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote:BETTER MUSTARD MY OWN KEYBOARD

-- posted by oldpixbot

Mustarding a leopard sounds dangerous. :shock:

Oh, keyboard? Not leopard? That's just plain epsilon...
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:58 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:A most molpish idea! I have now done this to the relevant scripts on mrob.com, specifically newpix-convertor, no-tinytext, profile-hover, sig-contrast, spoiler-opener, and we-love-banana-yada. As far as I can tell, they seem to be working. I haven't looked too closely at no-tinytext. All are linked from my Time scripts index. (The ones I haven't changed, such as multiquote and blindposter, don't seem relevant since the ЯOЯЯIM uses a different posting mechanism.)
I tested the multiquote script. Even if I make it work by changing looking for "viewtopic" to "view" it gives "undefined" instead of quoted text. But the mirror is more likely to be used when there is mustard on the OTT, and then quotes dont work anyway. Also why did you test it on newpage -1?

Also, I expected the OTT to be on by birthyearnewpage (1991) on my birthdayday (23.6) But the OTT is faster!
Last edited by balthasar_s on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:00 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”