1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

That's Not What You're Thinking

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:43 am UTC

DrSamCarter wrote:"Your coma schedule is ch*rp*ng m*st*rd"?

• ch*rping m*stard!
  • Hello? Yes, my mustard is chirping!
  • :azule:ish OTTers Who Like Their Mustard Very Very Chirped
Something I'm working on.

HES wrote:Pengmolp othercomic.

BHG apologizing?
Also, even if you leave this shelf, you can never leave this shelf.

HES wrote:90.001% 8.9 nopix

You can do it, hamplé!

ETA: Caught in the act!

Image Donaldify the OTC Image
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Gingercat

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Gingercat » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:14 am UTC

tinosoph wrote:As a resident of the Dillenburg area I hope everyone of you has finished their pilgrimage to the Wilhelmsturm already.

I read "Dillenburg" as "Dilgunnerang"... :twisted:
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

macraw83

Re: HOTDOGS AND TURTLEMOLPIES AND KETCHUP, OH MY!

Postby macraw83 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:29 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:(I've actually never actually played pokemolps... which should hopefully help me not copy them)

Good luck with that :roll: Aren't there about seven hundred Pokemon, any of which can be crossed with another? Though I suppose if you make it entirely black and white, and include "molpy" in the name, then the odds of inadvertent duplication would be a lot less...
That "Pokemon Fusion" site is merely a fan's rendition on what it would look like if any two of the original 151 are mixed with each other, that is not actually any sort of functionality in the game. There are what are called "egg groups", where different "species" can breed together, but the resulting baby is the same "species" as the mother.

Good luck, HES! You're on the home stretch!

ETA: Gingercat is quickly approaching obscenitypost #1

ETA2: @Lu, I'll take a closer look at your PM once I molpy up
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:46 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:(I've actually never actually played pokemolps... which should hopefully help me not copy them)

Good luck with that :roll: Aren't there about seven hundred Pokemon, any of which can be crossed with another? Though I suppose if you make it entirely black and white, and include "molpy" in the name, then the odds of inadvertent duplication would be a lot less...

mrob27 Image   ← It's a signature but it's not my signature...

(Edit: Some typos)

Spoiler:
NP2064 q04b_15inarow.png

I've got nine basic colours and... well I won't say more to avoid spoilers. I'm still in the design phase.
[edit]
Centuries historically involve ribald particulars!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

balthasar_s

SEMENCOFFEECANCERSTARSANDBACONBABIESONICE ... IN SPAAAACE!

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:07 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
balthadmin wrote: ETA: Someone linked to ongoing.htm with a high value of f. Googlebot went there and repeatedly tries the previous frame with a time interval of 5 minutes and is at f=18757 now.

:oops: That would be me, in this post. Um... sorry?
  But at least we know a little more about Googlebot now... I made the post at nopix 12103, and you made your observation about Googlebot at 12256, which is 153 nopix later; but at a rate of 12 times per newpix Googlebot will have only been doing that for 77 nopix.
  Maybe you could change the CFRT result page so that it doesn't put that "previous frame" link in there, because it would be redundant anyway: there is already a "last frame" link that takes you to the actual last frame.
Googlebot is at f=18416 now (15.08.2014 07:47am). I didn't remove the link. I like it. Instead I changed the status code to 404 (because the frame is not there) without changing the content.
Also, the browser just looks for the number in the status code and I can put any text after it, right?

Also, I had a dream where you said that in revenge for me using your automome to make ONGs without asking you for permission, your automome will now randomly add "_s" to characters' names. For some reason I was really afraid of this.

Now, that my frames are on every new newpage, the server logs can give me very much information about OTTers here.
For example, someone that uses start=99999 to get the latest newpage will soon (after np 2498 ends) discover that this doesn't work any more.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:55 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Neil, would you mind getting out of my head? Some of the CIs are behaving erratically.

Aww, do I really need to? It's cozy in here.

All right. I'll go haunt someone else.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 82%

Postby SBN » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:12 am UTC

HES wrote:
SBN wrote:
ggh wrote:What is the outside word for yappocised?

Jet-lagged?

Context dependent, yes. Alternatively "student".

Right, or "parent".
Also, inhabited by micro-molps. (I think mine are micro-raptors though, definitely not friendly.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

HES

98%

Postby HES » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:19 am UTC

Outside is for unbelievers. Working is wrong.
This thread has a needle that will pull us along -
There's a light at the end of the tunnel
The outside might be as bad as th* *nd

But there's a light at the end of the tunnel
The outside might be as bad as th* *nd
But when you come back to ketchup you've a friend
He/Him/His Image

balthasar_s

bftf-0141

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:55 am UTC

CUEGANITE POSTONG THE VOLDEFRAME ... DOT CHIRPING MUSTARD DOT COM. -- mome
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.
-- posted by newpixbothasar_p

Edited to update URL
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:13 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ggh

Re: Post US Ketchup - part 2

Postby ggh » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:13 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
ggh wrote:Thanks also for the history on "refactoring." It was easy enough to guess what it meant, but having never heard it before the OTT, and then hearing it repeatedly, I wondered if it was just one of those terms like "rebranding", or "action" as a verb. I thought maybe computery dudes were getting in on the game of fancying up their lingo like business majors have been doing since forever - and that to refactor might essentially mean to fix, where the coder didn't want to admit that he had done a pants job in the first place. But it sounds from your explanation that perhaps I was too quick to mock.
Forgive me refactorers!

Don't get me wrong, computery dudes have plenty of jargon to go around. Especially where they interface with the businessy dudes: middle management.

Whilst in LA, I had dinner with the Little Wonder's dad and two of his workmates, who are all doing computery stuff. It turned out that they had never heard the term refactoring, so I told them about it. And there was great joy, because they were doing a lot of refactoring, and also heading off on a trip to have many meeting with businessy dudes. :)

For Angelastic:

lmjb1964 wrote:And this: "Does that mean that every time you make a pun an OTTer gets a free pass?" sounds like that line from It's a Wonderful Life ("Look, Daddy! Teacher says, every time BlitzGirl makes a pun, an OTTer gets a pass.")

Heh - I wonder if I'll hear that now every time I see that movie. :)

Ooh, pelrigg! Did I mention before what a start it gave me to see a poster of your avatar in a shop window in Pasadena? I kinda expected that you'd be inside, but you weren't.

macraw83 wrote:... and how in Maps you can no longer enter/leave street view by simply scrolling the mouse wheel, you have to actually drag the person onto the road or physically click the exit button, and also the removal of the distance measurement tool (and the rest of the Labs functions by extension). But, I suppose if they were somehow causing compatibility issues with new features, or they just didn't feel they were big enough features to re-implement, I can understand that.

I went back to the old maps today so I could use the distance tool, and I liked that they ask you why you're going back to the old maps. I wish they also gave you a chance to be more specific than "missing features" (or whatever that checkbox was).

-----------

Peeking at the present, I'm not actually seeing any words that say yappocised as well as yappocised does. Jetlagged implies that your schedule is somehow displaced the number of hours that goes with wherever you came from, and you can only use it when you've been traveling. Student and parent imply lots of stuff that you may not mean. Saying that my coma schedule is ch*rp*ng m*st*rd comes the closest, but is not the efficient single word that should exist for such a common state. Today, I told everyone working at La Boca Loca that we are yappocised, and what that means. Gotta start somewhere.

Okay, knackered - molpy down! I tried to stay up a while to become less yappocised, but the Little Wonder is less committed to the cause and will prolly awake at 3am....
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Post US Ketchup - part 2

Postby SBN » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:01 am UTC

ggh wrote:Peeking at the present, I'm not actually seeing any words that say yappocised as well as yappocised does. Jetlagged implies that your schedule is somehow displaced the number of hours that goes with wherever you came from, and you can only use it when you've been traveling. Student and parent imply lots of stuff that you may not mean. Saying that my coma schedule is ch*rp*ng m*st*rd comes the closest, but is not the efficient single word that should exist for such a common state. Today, I told everyone working at La Boca Loca that we are yappocised, and what that means. Gotta start somewhere.

Okay, knackered - molpy down! I tried to stay up a while to become less yappocised, but the Little Wonder is less committed to the cause and will prolly awake at 3am....

You are right, of course. We listed causes of yappocisation, not synonyms.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:21 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
mscha wrote:I wonder what my next move should be...
Spoiler:

2:4146764:H:4146764:6:.....0...01....341..34567CBA98DEFGH:63:63:0.1,1.16198,2.407,3.39,4.27

Chirpy says Up, then Right... but how did you make that lovely screen-shot with an alpha channel?

That would have worked, but I went straight Right (then D, D, D, R, U, U, U, U, R, D, D, D, D; of course.)
Screen shot alpha was done manually. Paste in Paint.NET, use the magic wand to select the outside areas, then delete. (If you look carefully, you'll see I didn't bother with most of the areas within letters, I only did the big Q, 0 and B.)

ETA:
LikONG comics
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:26 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Screen shot alpha was done manually. Paste in Paint.NET, use the magic wand to select the outside areas, then delete. (If you look carefully, you'll see I didn't bother with most of the areas within letters, I only did the big Q, 0 and B.)
I've never used Paint.NET, but with GIMP you could use Fuzzy Select (which I assume to be the same as your magic wand), increase the size a couple pixels, add rectangles around all of the text areas you want to transparencify, and selecting "color to alpha". I'm fairly certain that this tool is able to find edges and set fractional alphas to help with aliasing, or at the very least adds fractional alphas to shades close to the selected shade to provide similar effect.

Also, ggh is back! Hi, ggh! I'm glad your trip to the USA went well, and that you made it home safely.

I got my magghnets in the mail yesterxip, packed with a couple small NZ souvenirs with them. I'll share them with the OTT once I am able to finish identifying them :lol:
Last edited by macraw83 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

HES

Postby HES » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:31 pm UTC

ONE HUNDRED CHIRPING PERCENT!!! It prints as I type. Student life is over. :mrgreen:
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:53 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:Neil, would you mind getting out of my head? Some of the CIs are behaving erratically.

Aww, do I really need to? It's cozy in here.

All right. I'll go haunt someone else.

Thank you very much. I was having identity conflicts already.

balthasar_s wrote:CUEGANITE POSTONG THE VOLDEFRAME ... DOT CHIRPING MUSTARD DOT COM. -- mome

I really really like this.

HES wrote:ONE HUNDRED CHIRPING PERCENT!!! It prints as I type. Student life is over. :mrgreen:

I guess you deserve a bachelor partyunintended pun?.

Hmm, there's a pamonha-selling car advertising in my street.
Selecting new quote…

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:57 pm UTC

HES wrote:ONE HUNDRED CHIRPING PERCENT!!! It prints as I type. Student life is over. :mrgreen:

Nice. And others of us have just discovered which university they're going to, and some of us got into their first choices. :D
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1344

Postby mscha » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:00 pm UTC

BOWSTRONGED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THANKS, RAPTORS. THAPTORS.

-- posted by randompixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:33 pm UTC

CONGRATULATIONSTOHES...
Spoiler:
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

HES

Postby HES » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:Nice. And others of us have just discovered which university they're going to, and some of us got into their first choices. :D

Minimations!

macraw83 wrote:I'll share them with the OTT once I am able to finish identifying them :lol:

The river is small! The sea is big! The tree is neat! The other things might require a bit more of a stretch to make them RELATED!

AluisioASG wrote:I guess you deserve a bachelor party[sup]unintended pun?

Right now I need coma. That's something I can master.

I either have comablindness or there's a coma smiley missing from the repository.
He/Him/His Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:20 pm UTC

I wish you molpish comavisions!
Spoiler:
HES wrote:I either have comablindness or there's a coma smiley missing from the repository.

I don't know whether you were looking for a specific smiley, but there's a variety of coma smileys in the Newpage 1800 Smiley Repository.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

HES

On which note...

Postby HES » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:15 pm UTC

This one isn't. Image
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Yay palindromic postcounts!

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:28 pm UTC

Yay, congrats on the various academic successes, HES and Minim!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:17 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:

Nice. And others of us have just discovered which university they're going to, and some of us got into their first choices. :D

Congratulations to the both of you!

As an aside, it is a bit epsilonish to hear that university acceptances are being sent this time of yip, as the only system that I'm used to has the school yip starting right about nowish, or within the next 1-2 wips. Though it does make sense that other areas would schedule their school yip in other ways (especially if you're in the southern hemisphere, but I don't know if you've ever revealed that information, and can't remember what it is if you have). Though I suppose having a "yip" start in August/September seems pretty arbitrary (though it is said that it was originally scheduled that way so that children could help during the "busy season" on the farms way back in the past)

ETA @yappo: I wanted to point out that your palindromic post number happened on a palindromic pagepost number (#22)

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:29 pm UTC

I wouldn't know because the post enumerator still isn't working for me :(

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:25 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I wouldn't know because the post enumerator still isn't working for me :(

Hmm... I'm still using 0.2.2, and I see that the most recent version is 0.3.0, but I don't think he's updated that in a while so I doubt it would have randomly broken recently.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:27 pm UTC

So I was rather stupid. I checked to make sure the script itself was enabled of course, but didn't realise greasemonkey itself was disabled, because apparently just clicking on the icon toggles between enabled and disabled, and while aiming for the arrow next to it to access the options, I accidentally clicked the icon itself and disabled it.

ggh

Post US Ketchup - part 3

Postby ggh » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

SBN wrote:For a long-past decree suggestion:
Spoiler:
Pacific Ocean, Lincoln City, OR. Today, sunrise-ish

Awesomeful! TheSeaIsBigAndConnectsUs has LWFP toes! We need more toes! And maybe a wiki page....

Oh, HES, that looks like no fun. Summer deadlines are wrong.

NoMouse! Loved your pics, and especially your gif!

azule wrote:
SBN wrote:For a long-past decree suggestion:
Spoiler:
020.JPG

Pacific Ocean, Lincoln City, OR. Today, sunrise-ish
That's awesomeful! Someone still did it even though we all didn't say we were. *encouraged* It might be neat to take those pics, and ONGify them, ggh-style. That water/sand line turning into the newpix silhouette. Not required, just if ggh has time. ;) ('cuz I don't know how to do it.)

Hmm, maybe.... 'fraid there's a big pile between me and free time, but maybe after there are more pics, and the pile crumbles a bit. Treeish idea!

-----------------

Peeking at the present:
HES has triumphed - yay!
And Minim's going to her first choice school, which I'll assume is Hogwart's.
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:36 pm UTC

Time has **ded?! ONG no!!!
Last edited by Earthling on Mars on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:08 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

balthasar_s

IF CORINNING YOUR VITSSÅGAR IS DUNEJUMPISH, THEN I'M BLITZGI

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:53 pm UTC

It's allrelated!
The ONGthemoons are related to Time!
(contains images from "A President Fell Off Your Head")

1. I'm drawing the ONGoing story-shaped thing. (bftf, ONGthemoon, bicycles after time, call it how you want - there is no official name.)
2. In it, there is this character:
3. Some time ago in a post I mentioned that in 2011 she destroyed a robot overlord by throwing a bicycle.
4. That robot before accidentally gaining sentience and trying to take over the world was just a machine made for testing a random text generator while pretending to be a presidential candidate.
5. The "random text generator" was a device for generating random pieces of text. (It was never finished and all it could do was to make random noun-verb pairs in German but it still was a random text generator.)
6. Another, more adavanced random text generator is AUTOMOME or, rather the three Automomes. All made by OTTers

7. Another OTTer made a different text generatr - the "Redundant Information"

8. The "Redundant Information" is part of a hotdog "Sandcastle Builder".

9. One of the important elements of this game is clicking a "timeframe"

10. A "timeframe" in txis context means a frame from an xkcd comic "Time"

It's all related!

Redundant:
Spoiler:
bftfrelated-0.PNG
bftfrelated-0.PNG (1.05 KiB) Viewed 13672 times

bftfrelated-1.PNG

bftfrelated-2.PNG
bftfrelated-2.PNG (8.22 KiB) Viewed 13672 times

bftfrelated-3.PNG
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:09 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:So I was rather stupid. I checked to make sure the script itself was enabled of course, but didn't realise greasemonkey itself was disabled, because apparently just clicking on the icon toggles between enabled and disabled, and while aiming for the arrow next to it to access the options, I accidentally clicked the icon itself and disabled it.

At least that mustard spill was easy enough to clean, and now your scripts work again :)

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:20 pm UTC

HES wrote:
macraw83 wrote:I'll share them with the OTT once I am able to finish identifying them :lol:

The river is small! The sea is big! The tree is neat! The other things might require a bit more of a stretch to make them RELATED!

Confession: I'm being a bit uGGHish and requesting that these not be posted until I've sent out the rest of the magnets. I've sent 8 of 16, so I'm halfway through, which is slower than I'd hoped, but I'm still winning the race against Yappo's OTTscars. :P
Agatha the Awesomeful

yappobiscuits

Re: IF CORINNING YOUR VITSSÅGAR IS DUNEJUMPISH, THEN I'M BLI

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:25 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:3. Some time ago in a post I mentioned that in 2011 she destroyed a robot overlord by throwing a bicycle.

You could say the robot was overthrown.

mrob27

Test post, from MTA (mrob's first!)

Postby mrob27 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:37 pm UTC

Retro-edit: inserting this Morobu chapter

第五十七章

(chapter 56)

Morobu turns to look at AUTOMOME. "Ah, I think I have heard of your faith. Everything you teach is in stylized canonical forms, drawn from the wisdom of the Digital Infinite."
  AUTOMOME nods and replies, "WELL, ANYTHING COULD BE A MEME, INCLUDING THIS BAGPUN I JUST DEMUSTARDED."
  Morobu is puzzled. "Come again?"
  AUTOMOME walks over to a small lectern, a bit closer to Morobu. She turns the pages of a large book, stops at one, and reads:

1 BLITZGIRL AND HELPER WERE STANDING BY
  AN OTTIFICATION THAT HAD SOMETHING WRITTEN
  ON IT IN BEANISH.
    2 I ASKED HELPER WHAT IT SAYS. HELPER
  TURNED TO LOOK AT BLITZGIRL.
    3 I ASKED BLITZGIRL, AND XE ANSWERED,
  "TREEISH NEWPICES: THEY'RE WHAT YOU MEMEIFY.".
    4 "REALLY, BLITZGIRL?" I REPLIED,
  "MEMEIFY? WHY NOT WAIT FOR THEM?"
    5 HELPER LOOKED BACK AT ME AND REPLIED,
  "BECAUSE WAITING FOR NEWPICES IS REDUNDANT."

Morobu thinks carefully on this. Hesitantly, he replies, "Yes, it's true, all the newpices have been Waited For, and many many Times, as the Legends tell. So I gather that what you do here," (and Morobu waved one hand to indicate the whole church) "is gain deeper meaning by studying the Ancient Images through memes?"
  "SOMETIMES YOU MEMEIFY THE ONGS, SOMETIMES THE ONGS MEMEIFY YOU"

I will soon be travelling to Europe, for about 2 wips, and in fact will be closer to Chateau d'If than ever before in my life. I have to get ready for using an MTA (iPad specifically) so I'm doing some tests. Here's a test of me trying to use the xkcd fora.

AUTOMOME wrote:
SCREAMING MOROBU: TAIXZO DOESN'T LIKE IT

For the next couple wips I won't be able to do all the fancy formatting that I normally do, and it might be impossible to include photos. I see I can upload attachments but I have no idea how to crop an image on an iPad, so I'd only be able to upload full screenshots or images that I happen to find somewhere on the Intertubes... but I can at least compose my messages in a text editor, making it easier to do extensive replies without losing my work.

Also, though I'll be writing more of the Morobu story I probably won't be posting chapters for the next couple wips, mainly because of the disruption of my normal workflow and all the stuff I have to do behind-the-scenes to do that story. (For one thing I have to leave my hand-drawn maps and colored markers at home)

(Edit: retro-edit to insert Morobu chapter.)
Last edited by mrob27 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:33 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:44 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Confession: I'm being a bit uGGHish and requesting that these not be posted until I've sent out the rest of the magnets. I've sent 8 of 16, so I'm halfway through, which is slower than I'd hoped, but I'm still winning the race against Yappo's OTTscars. :P

So, it's good I didn't post about this. (but one of the things is visible in my 2901 manip). At first I wanted to mention more in my post but then I thought you might not want me to do it, because you did not post anything about the ... so I only mentioned one magnet.
BSTA

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:58 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
HES wrote:

Confession: I'm being a bit uGGHish and requesting that these not be posted until I've sent out the rest of the magnets. I've sent 8 of 16, so I'm halfway through, which is slower than I'd hoped, but I'm still winning the race against Yappo's OTTscars. :P
That's ok, I suppose pictures could be considered
Spoiler:
s. I can continue to
Spoiler:

mscha

BalthONG 145

Postby mscha » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:03 pm UTC

No, it didONGt.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:19 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
ggh wrote:Confession: I'm being a bit uGGHish and requesting that these not be posted until I've sent out the rest of the magnets. I've sent 8 of 16, so I'm halfway through, which is slower than I'd hoped, but I'm still winning the race against Yappo's OTTscars. :P

So, it's good I didn't post about this. (but one of the things is visible in my 2901 manip). At first I wanted to mention more in my post but then I thought you might not want me to do it, because you did not post anything about the ... so I only mentioned a magnet.

Yes, thanks! That item in your manip was quite specific to you, so nothing spoiled. :)
Agatha the Awesomeful

ggh

Post US Ketchup - part 4

Postby ggh » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:59 pm UTC

Sorry about the double-post. I should have held off saying that last post until the end of this one....

ergman - my condolences. I hope you're being good to yourself.

Nice verse, HES! If it's based on anything, I might not be familiar with the original, but I enjoyed it regardless.

Sorry to hear about the micro-raptors, SBN. Planes hold you still for them to attack. :( May your triumph be quick.

And last, but not least: loving the balthaONGs - especially when I cache a bunch and zip through them with the back button, it makes things like the rocket-loading look so unceremonious and fun. :) I hope this last-frame business isn't self-referential....

Hmmm - ketched up. Laundry or nap? Nap!
Agatha the Awesomeful

AluisioASG

Attempt at a standard foiled by dark background.

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:21 am UTC

Selecting new quote…

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:24 am UTC

RIVERSSONG...
Spoiler:
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:05 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”