1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:39 am UTC

Awesomeful, xuys! Have some cake!
Spoiler:
For the front page, I suggest that during net yip's replay of Time, you could add a live replay like the one mrob had this yip. Maybe followed by a reply of TaT. Otherwise, random manips/OTColourifications/fanart could be shown, if there's an easily accessible database for those.

ETA:
Decree: Suggestions for the chirpingmustard.com front page.
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:41 am UTC

Sexually Active Popes is the next VHF album.

Also, heh, a skycircle othercomic reference.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

ggh

Re: Delivering someone's Past Present

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:48 am UTC

macraw83 wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:via my signature. Sorry, man, I'm no good with announcements.

Haha, no worries. I was a little busy after leaving the office today.

A little background: some of you might remember a particular "preview" in my post from back in the afore-when when I finally arrived in the Present:

Sometime during my Blitz, I realized that there was no "home page" for chirpingmustard.com, which I thought was a shame, so I asked Aluisio if he'd appreciate some sort of a welcome page. Yeah, yeah, I know, another
Spoiler:
RELATED site that has a repository of useful links, even though this one has little use besides, but I figured that at least this way we'd have an easy way to access most of the very-RELATED things other OTTers have put together, and at a URL that should be pretty easy to remember. So, I threw something together, and we've spent the last couple wips making small improvements here and there, and making sure that it was functional on all of the major desktop browsers.

Well, it's finally done, and Lu pushed it live earlier toxip, so feel free to check it out. We don't really know what content (if anything) to put on the front page, so feel free to send suggestions to either of us. If you have other RELATED things you think should be added to the menu, it would be molpish to know so we can add them. And, I suppose most importantly, if you encounter any bugs definitely let us know so we can fix them.

Oh, and one last thing: you'll notice that M0001 is used as an image next to each of the links on the desktop site. I initially intended that to be a placeholder, and make images for each of the links, but I haven't had a chance to do so. If the owners of the targets of those links would like to make an image of the same size, we'd be more than happy to add it to the site.

Heh - I totally forgot about this. This is a great present - <applause>!
Every time I've gone to chirpingmustard, I've wished that it had a home page, so you've put a big smile on this OTTer's face. :)

four-month
Ooh - a big hyphenated word! So much content!
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month nerdsnipe. Sorry about the epilogue.

ETAFD: I think there should be at least 4 links of the 10-smartass-comments-that-Megan's-made type that molpy-roll the poor sucker who clicks on them.
Last edited by ggh on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:52 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:52 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Also, heh, a skycircle othercomic reference.
Yeah, Randall seems to have it in for the moon. :)

ZoomanSP wrote:For the front page, I suggest that during net yip's replay of Time, you could add a live replay like the one mrob had this yip. Maybe followed by a reply of TaT.
Yes! (It could even take n newpix per newpix, where n is chosen to make the entire series last to the beginning of Advent.

During Advent we should always wait for it.

Another thought - use the tiles from Q04B for the link images.

The Great Lord Randall, as echoed by ggh wrote:four-month
That's the first hyphenated word there is. Do you think he might be indicating he is of split mind about Time 10?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ChronosDragon

HAST ONGED THE STEAMBOTTLISH WHALPY?

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:58 am UTC

For decree:

See sig.

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:05 am UTC

The newpixometer is a great Idea! perhaps links to our other residences (facebook group, steam group, terraria server, etc.)

The Whatif also mentioned Phil Plait, who helped inform the Long Night sequence of Time, right? good work, that guy!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Mild Ketchup

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:05 am UTC

Very steakish homepage, Aluisio and macraw! Image Ch*rping custardful!

ZoomanSP wrote:Alternatively, in case Time 2 would contradict TaT, we could still consider TaT to be trebuchet.

Sounds molpish to me! I like that so much, I'm not even going to donut the "cannons" remark by ergman. :wink:

HES wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:I think it might be treeish if there were future othercomics set in the Time universe, but not necessarily in the same format as the OTC.

Ditto future othercomics in the same format as the OTC, but not necessarily set in the Time universe.

All of the above!

HES wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm not sure what Megan is spelling here.

Love it! Image Megan is actually attempting a tricky Beanish maneuver: Image

AluisioASG wrote:Check out the first title text.

Oh ch*rp, GLR spoiled my next wiki-project!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:09 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Sounds molpish to me! I like that so much, I'm not even going to donut the "cannons" remark by ergman. :wink:
She's getting soft, molpies! But just as well, we'll need the donuts for the trebuchets. Bags of them.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ggh

Re: Mild Ketchup

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:12 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh ch*rp, GLR spoiled my next wiki-project!

:shock:

ucim wrote:
The Great Lord Randall, as echoed by ggh wrote:four-month
That's the first hyphenated word there is. Do you think he might be indicating he is of split mind about Time 10?

Four-month is an anagram of "fur on moth." Given the GLR's use of the beesnake to symbolise beauty, I think he's telling us that we should be looking closer at the details if we want more Time goodness - there are still wonderful things we have missed.
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 am UTC

It's also an anagram of "font humor" so perhaps we should closely examine the OTF.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:37 am UTC

journey
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey and didn't stop believing in the First Commandment.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:38 am UTC

Maybe his whole speech is an anagram, and only by examining all the words, in all their possible orders, will the true meaning emerge.

Jose

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:58 am UTC

ucim wrote:Maybe his whole speech is an anagram, and only by examining all the words, in all their possible orders, will the true meaning emerge.

Jose

...molpy down. I'll check your results in the morning. :mrgreen:

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:45 am UTC

Whoops, speechONG from last nopix got missed:

with
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with Cuegan, LaPetite, the rest of the Forty, Rosetta, Amtoo, Beanie-2, Beanie-3, Beanette, Expando, the rest of the Beanies, the pricklymolp, the chirpies, the molpysnake, the sparrow-raptors, Lucky, and all the other molpies!

And baobabs, a bicyclesONGthemoon:
(Edit to update balthadomain.)
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:33 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:50 am UTC

ucim wrote:Maybe his whole speech is an anagram, and only by examining all the words, in all their possible orders, will the true meaning emerge.

Jose

Maybe it's an ambigram that has to be viewed upside down. Let me flip my mobile around... Hm, the text rotates to stay upright. I guess I have to stand on my head.

*Grunt. Groan. Ha! ... AAAaaah! CRASH! Tinkle, tinkle.*
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:57 am UTC

And thus the "lock screen rotation" feature was born. :)

Edit: Guess I'd better ONG this word too:
me,
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, no, not the comic, that four-month walk I took across Antarctica. Totally worth it. Special thanks to those surprisingly intelligent penguins.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:16 am UTC

Thanks for the catch up, BlitzGirl!

collecting
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting blisters.

And what I've been wonderONG all my life::

Edit 1: Where is everymolpy?

Edit 2: Huh. Time has passed.

information
Last edited by ggh on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:59 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Agatha the Awesomeful

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:59 am UTC

macraw83 wrote:
ucim wrote:You mean... I can't annoy TheMinim?

Jose

See my edit that went through just after you posted ;)

It's not working...
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:23 am UTC

You're not annoyed?

and
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and misinterpreting it in a way that had my wife and I in stitches night after night.
Agatha the Awesomeful

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:53 am UTC

ggh wrote:You're not annoyed?

How can I be - my obsessive side is asleep! :)
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

SilentTimer

BFTF #178

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:54 am UTC

building
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building blocks. Building blocks are hard to collect, you know …

ggh wrote:Four-month is an anagram of "fur on moth." Given the GLR's use of the beesnake to symbolise beauty, I think he's telling us that we should be looking closer at the details if we want more Time goodness - there are still wonderful things we have missed.
Yes, there are, in Time as well as in t1i,
Spoiler:
including one unnoticed detail in the ONG I drew to summon newpixbot to the Hugo party,
and probably also in the other⁷ TAT stories and in BFTF.

While we are ONG it:
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.
:shock: What are they doing?
Waiting for it …

ETA: For Decree:
What about including links to the TAT stories and to BFTF?
Last edited by SilentTimer on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:05 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Neil_Boekend

Re: BFTF #178

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:17 am UTC

SilentTimer wrote: :shock: What are they doing?
Well, I think they are getting revenge for all those high power lasers we have been targeting at the moon recently.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

waveney

Postby waveney » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:49 am UTC

SilentTimer wrote:including one unnoticed detail in the ONG I drew to summon newpixbot to the Hugo party

There s something sitting on Rosetta's desk - not sure what.

And yes otters have missed clues in the beanyongs as to where they are now. Chapter 3 will happen eventually.

HES

Postby HES » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:53 am UTC

SilentTimer wrote:...one unnoticed detail in the ONG I drew to summon newpixbot to the Hugo party,

Has Rosetta been making sandcastles? What's that thing on her desk?

Where the ch*rp did that ninja come from!?
Last edited by HES on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

WIPMAN, WIPMAN, DOES WHATEVER A WIP CAN

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:00 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Sexually Active Popes is the next VHF album.

Also, heh, a skycircle othercomic reference.

I thought we were still finalising the tracklist for Scrumptious Donuts. (Also despite often being a pope, I don't qualify for participation that album.)

Also I just realised that I opened the WhatIf in another tab but forgot to read it, so I wasnn't understanding anyone's jokes. Whoops!
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 am UTC

tools
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to dam the Strait of Gibraltar in order to make the events in Time come true.

ETA:
waveney wrote:
SilentTimer wrote:including one unnoticed detail in the ONG I drew to summon newpixbot to the Hugo party

There s something sitting on Rosetta's desk - not sure what.

ENHANCE!
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:26 am UTC

Some belated RELATEDness from when I was AFL:

Not even a castle:
Spoiler:
Actually an abbey.

Old school project:
Spoiler:
This one is a castle.

Hat. Hat. Beanie hat!
Spoiler:
I'm an Engineer-cyclist-OTTer Hamply.

Mustard, I should have added my (real) blue beret to the pile.
He/Him/His Image

dan_dassow

Postby dan_dassow » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:50 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
dan_dassow wrote:
ergman wrote:hello Dan_Dassow, And thanks for the info. Got a decree for us? :D

I see you've been around long enough to surely know what I mean.

ergman, I've mostly been a lurker on this site. I would appreciate it if you would explain "Got a decree for us?". Thanks.

Traditionally the first poster on a new page is the pope and can make a papal decree.
Often it is something silly. Often it is ignored, as nothing (except following the forum rules) is mandatory. But sometimes a decree turns out to be an awesome idea.
For examples, see the previous pages.

Neil_Boekend, thank your for explaining the convention of the first poster having the opportunity to make a decree. I've updated my post to include a decree. I hope that what I wrote is a worthy addition to the corpus of Time decrees.

HES

Postby HES » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:00 pm UTC

dan_dassow wrote:I hope that what I wrote is a worthy addition to the corpus of Time decrees.

Very much so!

August 17, otherwise known as the 6th of Deliverance, should be a national holiday. I notice it's already marked in the calendar.
He/Him/His Image

Link

PH'NGLUI MGLW'NAFH MEGBALL AFTERWHEN WGAH'NAGL FHTAGN

Postby Link » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:00 pm UTC

@HES: treeish! Your post reminds me that I still haven't posted my own RELATED photos, so here they are:

Castle:
Spoiler:

Riverish castle(-like thing):
Spoiler:

Grapevine:
Spoiler:

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:25 pm UTC

to
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to crenellate sandcastles. Because sandcastles.
SilentTimer wrote:
ggh wrote:Four-month is an anagram of "fur on moth." Given the GLR's use of the beesnake to symbolise beauty, I think he's telling us that we should be looking closer at the details if we want more Time goodness - there are still wonderful things we have missed.
Yes, there are, in Time as well as in t1i, including one unnoticed detail in the ONG I drew to summon newpixbot to the Hugo party, and probably also in the other⁷ TAT stories and in BFTF.

I'd really like to know what Goatee is showing to LaPetite.
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:

mrob27

THE YIP IS TOO CH*RPING RIVERISH

Postby mrob27 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:28 pm UTC

<q.balthasar_s: Oh no! Now we need an RHTF userscript to see what you post. No, wait, we don't. It's already very readable.:>
 Yes, it's meant to be pretty easy to read. That's the biggest advantage of RHTF.

<q:But now I'm interested. How easy is it to write in RHTF instead of BBcode? How much of the process of sending a post from a RHTF text is done automatically and how much do you have to do manually?:>
 When I am on my real computer (not like this iPad) I run a script that watches for when I save the textfile. It translates the contents of the textfile into BBcode and copies it to the clipboard. Meanwhile I am clicking the mouse on the browser and doing "select all", then "paste", then I click the Preview button. It's fast enough so the clipboard is ready by the time I hit "paste".

<q:I went to the [RHTF page|http://mrob.com/pub/rhtf/index.html] to see how this language looks like and i noticed something:
 There is some information about how the RHTF software works and how to use it. But without the acutal software, who is the intended audience of that page?:>
 Someone really wanted to know how I create my webpages, and eventually it became part of my "portfolio" (to show off my capabilities as a programmer). The software would not work on somebody else's computer unless they also had a bunch of other custom stuff I've written. Nobody wants to set up a website created in this language, and even if they did, I would have to do a lot of work to make something they could use. So I haven't bothered.

<q:A google search pointed me to the [MIRA page|http://mrob.com/pub/mira/mira.html] because MIRA uses RHTF markup. I wasn't able to run this browser. What are #bwget# and #bwpost#?:>
 Oh, I'll try to fix that. #bwget# is a Perl script that does the same thing as #wget# or #curl#, but doesn't require any library. #bwpost# is the same thing, but it does a "POST" style HTTP request, instead of "GET", it is used for submitting forms.

<q.pelrigg: @ random OTTer I see postings showing folks' positions on the hotdog QB40 (?), but I haven't seen a link (not even a mention in the wiki). Could some one point me in the right direction. :>
 I think QB40 is the ska/reggae band where VHF's bass guitarist got his start. (he quit the group shortly after their early hit "Red Red Knee")
 But [Q04B|http://mrob.com/time/Q04B] is my OTTification of "2048".

<q.AluisioASG: (in signature) An advanced link-unified interface for standard inter-process online asynchronous source generation. :>
 It sounds like you're a piece of software.  Oh wait, I remember now, we're all bots.

Thanks for all the ONGbot details, @balthasar_s! :)

It's cool to hear VHF played the Corn Palace. I'll have to try to find that bootleg.

<q.macraw83: ... When you click on a post title, it merely appends "#p(number)" to the URL, which tells your browser where to scroll to on the page. You can take this number, delete everything after "viewtopic.php?", and replace it with "p=(number)" to make a permalink to that post, regardless of how it moves due to first-post bumping or moderator deletions. :>
 You can also click on the tiny icon that looks like a rectangle with a corner missing, which is right under the post's title and just before the words "by #mrob27#" (or author name) and it will reload the page with a ".../viewtopic.php?p=3640042#p3640042" format URL. Then copy the address from the address bar, no manual-editing needed. Or right-click the icon and copy, if you're on a real computer that lets you so that.
   ... oh, ninja'd. Oh, well...

<q: If the owners of the targets of those links would like to make an image of the same size, we'd be more than happy to add it to the site. :>
 The main part of the &Q04B& game is a 553x395 rectangle pretty much for that reason. I'm riding shipcastles on rivers and can't do anything quite yet, but you could take a screen-shot from a Q04B game (at full-size, meaning on a computer with a suitably large screen) and crop it down to just the 553x395 part.

<q.Pope ZoomanSP: For the front page, I suggest that during net yip's replay of Time, you could add a live replay like the one mrob had this yip.:>
 ... or just link to [my``replay``viewer|http://mrob.com/time/replay], which will replay Time the same way every year. (It works by checking the time, as set locally on your computer/tablet/phone, changing the year to 2013 (or 2014 if the mip/dip is prior to 03/25), and showing whatever frame was recentmost at that moment.)

<q.ucim: Yeah, Randall seems to have it in for the moon. :D :>
 Hmmm... I hope @balthasar_s is not the Anti-Randall...
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:23 pm UTC

view
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the differences between frames, molpies, pixel colors during the fading, the night sky and all other kinds of enhancements.
-- posted by AutoNoMouse
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:31 pm UTC

the
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the comic even from the secret base on the moon.

waveney wrote:And yes otters have missed clues in the beanyongs as to where they are now.
Hmm… they passed two volcanoes, probably the Aeolian Islands, so I guess they are on Sicily now.
waveney wrote:Chapter 3 will happen eventually.
I'm waiting for it. :)

macraw83

NO, PUNSAW, YOU ARE THE PRICKLYMOLP

Postby macraw83 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:55 pm UTC

Very simple ENHANCEment:

Still not sure what that is. Any thoughts?

Treeish suggestions, all! I've made a list of them so far and will get to them as I can.

Redundant:
Spoiler:
t1i-1414 ENHANCE.png
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np93

Postby mscha » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:00 pm UTC

POURONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WHAT ARE OTTSCARS? WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

-- posted by randompixbot

SilentTimer

BFTF #179

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:09 pm UTC

Earth is rotatONG
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.
We are facing the Pacific. The earth is rotating to the right (east).
On the left, Asia is visible, and Europe will be in view soon.
Assuming that the antenna on the earth is located near balthartist_'s home,
our moon scientists will have Time access again in a few newpix. Let's
Spoiler:
follow the recommendation in the title text.
Last edited by SilentTimer on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:06 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

HES

Re: NO, PUNSAW, YOU ARE THE PRICKLYMOLP

Postby HES » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:27 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:Very simple ENHANCEment:

Still not sure what that is. Any thoughts?

It's a tiny gramophone.
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:05 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
AluisioASG (in signature) wrote:An advanced link-unified interface for standard inter-process online asynchronous source generation.

It sounds like you're a piece of software.

Ain't I?
To add to that:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. The Introspection System is an independent and isolated subset of Services which allows Interfaces to observe their own State and composition of Services and comprehend the inputs and transformations leading to the current State.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:43 pm UTC

Ooh! Edfel's old map would be a good addition to the OTC section of Ch*rping mustard.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”