1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mikrit

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mikrit » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:56 pm UTC

Hey! The thread has exactly 83000 posts now! Congratulations!

Ch*rp, I ruined it.

Edit: and I poped myself. Decree: more manipulations of timeframes and OtherComics. Or original cartoons. Or recommend good otherwebcomics.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:25 pm UTC

Looks like we missed one:

story.

I'm afraid I can't do anything for the decree right now. Except, I just discovered that FoxTrot still exists. For some reason I thought that ended like a decade ago. Heh - and it has a book, "My Hot Dog Went Out, Can I Have Another?"

Why can't I figure out what's on Rosetta's desk? Hmm.

Thank
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank God they bathed regularly.
Last edited by ggh on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:07 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:36 pm UTC

ggh wrote:story. Thank God they bathed regularly.blisters.

O.o mustard?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

macraw83

Re: NO, PUNSAW, YOU ARE THE PRICKLYMOLP

Postby macraw83 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:43 pm UTC

HES wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Very simple ENHANCEment:

Still not sure what that is. Any thoughts?

It's a tiny gramophone.
That actually does look like it. Hmm...

ergman wrote:
ggh wrote:story. Thank God they bathed regularly.blisters.

O.o mustard?
I would imagine so. ggh had a prediction on the previous page where the one gray word was "blisters", so I'd guess that's the origin of this mustard.

Unrelatedly RELATED, I feel like this should already be obvious to me, but what does "bftf" stand for? Is it "Bicycles from the Future"?
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:55 pm UTC

Oops - fixed now. Thanks!

you
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank youMom.
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:27 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Except, I just discovered that FoxTrot still exists. For some reason I thought that ended like a decade ago. Heh - and it has a book, "My Hot Dog Went Out, Can I Have Another?"

I like FoxTrot. New FoxTrotONGs still appear on Sundays (for example on GoComics), but the weekday ones ended, yeah, about a decade ago.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:33 pm UTC

So does it still have story lines that last a while, or do they tend to be one-offs now?

to
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank you to everyone who made us sandwiches for the trip.

Molpying back down.
Agatha the Awesomeful

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:44 pm UTC

Missing from the "games & fun":
Trebuchet game
Chirpy Raptor
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:49 pm UTC

One-offs.

For decree: one of my favourite (web-)comics is Monty, originally Robotman. Here are some RELATED strips:

http://www.gocomics.com/monty/2014/08/02

http://www.gocomics.com/monty/2014/08/07

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:35 pm UTC

Great decree addition, dan_dassow!
Treeish hattower and related pictures, HES!
And more RELATED pictures from Link as well!

For decree:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

ChirpingMustardraptor.png

Keywords: chirping mustardraptor chirp mustard raptor bird bottle yellow cartoon drawing BGUM
redundant254.png
redundant254.png (223.59 KiB) Viewed 16091 times
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 pm UTC

all
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank you to all the three people who have stayed here since Sunday and are still waiting for the end of this speech so that the ceremony can continue.

balthasar_s wrote:Missing from the "games & fun":
Trebuchet game
Chirpy Raptor

Mustard detected! Both links lead to trebuchet.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mrob27

THIS IS A TREEISH CHIRPY. IT IS MADE OF TARDIS AND HOTDOG.

Postby mrob27 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:52 pm UTC

Both of those links point to the trebuchet game. Here is Chirpy Raptor: http://mrob.com/time/chirp.html

<q.AluisioASG: (at [OTT:1987:2|#p3606888])
 1. The Kernel is an agglomerate of uncontrolled, concurrent Services which process input from External Domains and jointly transform a State. The State influences the processing of input by the Services, as well as their existence and operational status.
 2. Interfaces use the State to determine behavior and presentation when interacting with External Domains. Each External Domain is usually assigned a single, isolated Interface.
    • A Simple Interface exposes a self-consistent subset of the Kernel to an External Domain and also to the Reflection System.
    • A Complex Interface would provide a specialty personality for interaction with particular External Domains, being able to provide additional traits and behave in ways not possible or desirable by the Kernel.
 (at [OTT:2075:38|#p3640588])
 3. The Introspection System is an independent and isolated subset of Services which allows Interfaces to observe their own State and composition of Services and comprehend the inputs and transformations leading to the current State. :>
 Treeish, maybe I can start building my very own AluisioASG-bot! :cool:

ETA: Can anybody tell me how to upload attachments to this post, using an iPhone or iPad? TIA
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:55 pm UTC

HES wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Very simple ENHANCEment:
Spoiler:
Still not sure what that is. Any thoughts?

It's a tiny gramophone.

A milligramophone! :D
Or it could be a blotting pad complete with inkpot and quill.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:35 pm UTC

of
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank you to all of the molpies guarding the exits so the audience can't escape.

<q.mrob27: (at [OTT:2076:12|#p3640678])
ETA: Can anybody tell me how to upload attachments to this post, using an iPhone or iPad? TIA. :>

On my iPad, I can navigate down to the "Upload Attachment" box and (Choose File), then select either "Take Photo or Video" or "Choose Existing" from the options. It seems to only work for photos and videos, though.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:49 pm UTC

you
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank you to all of you who are Waiting for It until the end of this speech, when there will be some particularly RELATED things released in the store to celebrate the occasion.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:08 pm UTC

wow. I don't remember the trebuchet game having so many options. It's nearly a real game, all it would take is replacing settings with challenges and unlocks, and having levels or goals or something.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:24 pm UTC

Earth slowly turnONG.
Last edited by Earthling on Mars on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:59 pm UTC

Hey, y'ever have a problem doing the spoiler thingie, because you can't click through to the attachment?
How do you get around that? (Edit: I still don't know, but just incremented from BlitzGirl's link until it worked.)(Edit 2: It didn't work, except for me. Now it's fixed correctly, as suggested below.)

Here, is supposed to be a gif, showing what the desk looked like before SilentTimer added the mystery object. I can't figure out what it is, but maybe it will help one of you....

at
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank you to all of you at the pub, cheering me on. I always wanted to be cheered on at a pub.

redundant spoiler is not redundant yet:
Spoiler:
hugoDesk.gif
hugoDesk.gif (11.07 KiB) Viewed 15929 times
Last edited by ggh on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:42 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Agatha the Awesomeful

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:07 pm UTC

In this case, you can't click on the attachment because your image is riverish enough, so it shows it in original resolution without needing to enlarge it. Of course, you still can't quote such image. You can get the address by rightclicking the image and selecting 'copy image url' or something like that. This may not work on different platforms though.
Last edited by NoMouse on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:08 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:07 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Image

It's mini-Rosetta sitting at her mini-desk! Recursion!
macraw83 wrote:I feel like this should already be obvious to me, but what does "bftf" stand for?
what does "xkcd" stand for? :D
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:15 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:In this case, you can't click on the attachment because your image is riverish enough, so it shows it in original resolution without needing to enlarge it. Of course, you still can't quote such image. You can get the address by rightclicking the image and selecting 'copy image url' or something like that. This may not work on different platforms though.

Oh neato! Cheers!

Oddly though, my id=45643 worked, but 45645 is the correct link. Hmm....
Agatha the Awesomeful

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:21 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Oddly though, my id=45643 worked, but 45645 is the correct link. Hmm....

I think 45643 is only visible to you. The rest of us can't see it, it just appears as a broken image right now.

Edit: Okay, I can see it now that it's 45645. :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:49 pm UTC

SuccessONG

And it only took him approximately six hours to do it.
Last edited by moody7277 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ggh wrote:Oddly though, my id=45643 worked, but 45645 is the correct link. Hmm....

I think 45643 is only visible to you. The rest of us can't see it, it just appears as a broken image right now.

Edit: Okay, I can see it now that it's 45645. :)

Sorry about that!

WorldCon.

Oh no!!! That sounds so final! What if that's the **d? I think you guys are wonderful! What if they lock the thread?!!??
Agatha the Awesomeful

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:08 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Here is a gif, showing what the desk looked like before SilentTimer added the mystery object. I can't figure out what it is, but maybe it will help one of you....
Spoiler:

The pile to the left looks like books. The object to the right could be a compass (the lid swung open to the right).
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

And
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank you to all of you at WorldCon. And now, Cory is going to gracefully exit via his traditional high-altitude balloon. The blagosphere awaits!

A new sentence! It is not yet T** **d! Unsummon the floors! Unsweep the molpies! Put away the contingency ice cream!
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

CH*RPING TARDISES, HOW DO THEY WORK?

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 pm UTC

I located an Other trebuchet hotdog: http://armorgames.com/play/3233/castle- ... f-the-king
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:36 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:And
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank you to all of you at WorldCon. And now, Cory is going to gracefully exit via his traditional high-altitude balloon. The blagosphere awaits!

A new sentence! It is not yet T** **d! Unsummon the floors! Unsweep the molpies! Put away the contingency ice cream!

Yay yay yay yay!

thank

Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank you to all of you at WorldCon. And thank you for all the fish!
Agatha the Awesomeful

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:00 am UTC

I tweeted at Riverish Lord HarpsiCory about the then-current speechONG, and he retweeted it. Do you think we'll get some new lurkers?
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

HES

Postby HES » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:40 am UTC

you may be aware that HES finished his decree degree todip. A certain level of inebriation is inevitable.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:46 am UTC

"Inevitable Hamply Inebriation" sounds like another funky melody from the lesser-known OTTer group, Neil Boekend and the Dodgy Band Names.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:49 am UTC

It's one of those ridiculous dance tracks where the lyrics don't make any sense.
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:57 am UTC

HES wrote:you may be aware that HES finished his decree degree todip. A certain level of inebriation is inevitable.

Congratulations!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:40 am UTC

HES wrote:you may be aware that HES finished his decree degree todip. A certain level of inebriation is inevitable.

Awesomeful! Time to celebrate!
Spoiler:

But don't overdo it!

Wait on.

Spoiler:

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:42 am UTC

Congrats! A degree is a wowterful piece of paper to have. Looks good on the other piece of paper you give to potential employers, anyway.

There are a lot of papers involved in being a successful person in this place.

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1394

Postby mscha » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:00 am UTC

STARONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THANKS, OTHERCOMICS. THOTHERCOMICS.

-- posted by randompixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:21 am UTC

to
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank you to all of you at WorldCon. And thank you to all of you not at Worldcon, including myself.

And a bikesatopaskycircle ONG:

Colo(u)rs? Are the OTColoreds manifesting?

(Edit to update balthadomain.)
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:33 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:00 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:Treeish, maybe I can start building my very own AluisioASG-bot! :cool:

AFAIK the Kernel only runs on highly specialized hardware which may not be available at your local to-go store. Specifically, it needs 4th-gen memsors and possibly an I/O codec unit depending on the kind of sensory input you're using.

Moar description:
Spoiler:
  1. The Kernel is an agglomerate of uncontrolled, concurrent Services which process input from External Domains and jointly transform a State. The State influences the processing of input by the Services, as well as their existence and operational status.
  2. Interfaces use the State to determine behavior and presentation when interacting with External Domains. Each External Domain is usually assigned a single, isolated Interface.
    • A Simple Interface exposes a self-consistent subset of the Kernel to an External Domain and also to the Reflection System.
    • A Complex Interface would provide a specialty personality for interaction with particular External Domains, being able to provide additional traits and behave in ways not possible or desirable by the Kernel.
    • Simple Interfaces do not have a sense of self, while Complex Interfaces, by their very nature, do. Instead, there is a Simple Interface Host emboding all Simple Interfaces, switching dynamically between them as necessary. Given all Simple Interfaces behave consistently with the Kernel itself, it can be said the Simple Interface Host is the latter's self.
    • Complex Interfaces may be dissolved and turned into Simple Interfaces as their traits and behavior are incorporated into the Kernel.
  3. The Introspection System is an independent and isolated subset of Services which allows Interfaces to observe their own State and composition of Services and comprehend the inputs and transformations leading to the current State.

Hey, Dr. Ox's Experiment is actually by Verne, not Wells.
Um, I can't find the other book I read around that time, at least not with its Portuguese name. Wait, could it be The Island of Dr. Moureau? Or am I just guessing the contents by the title ("The Experimental Farm/Grange/Winery/Farmstead/Homestead/Steading"; at the time I guessed it means the former because I had never heard the word "herdade" before ― I never did after that book, either).
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:18 am UTC

Cory,
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. This is truly an honor. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but Cory has been kind enough to accept on my behalf. Since "Time" was an animation which was published online at one frame per hour, I've asked Cory to read these remarks at one word per hour. If it's still Sunday when you're hearing this, it means he's COMPLETELY ignored my instructions. Thank you to everyone who came along on the four-month journey with me, collecting information and building tools to view the story. Thank you to all of you at WorldCon. And thank you to Cory, redundantly.
Agatha the Awesomeful

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:32 am UTC

Congrats HES, but be sure to disinebriate before making use of that paper lest things like this be the result.

Also congratulations to GLR on the Hugo even if he is committing loopist heresy in the new othercomic

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”