1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

MajorDouble7

Re: Welcome up!

Postby MajorDouble7 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:13 am UTC

HES wrote:
MajorDouble7 wrote:(Is One True Game already a thing? I don't remember seeing it...it should be if it isn't)

We tend to go with "One True Hotdog" these days.

Great! Good to know! Hahahaha =)

ETA: Aaaaaand, I Poped a Page. Unless Pope's have been banned and only Riverish Burger decrees are allowed now...I feel so out of the loop. :oops:

:lol: Miss you xuys!
Last edited by MajorDouble7 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:18 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:17 am UTC

Welcome back, MajorDouble7! It's wowterful to see you! And now you're pagepope!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:21 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Welcome back, MajorDouble7! It's wowterful to see you! And now you're pagepope!

Aww, thanks BlitzGirl! As for the Popage...I wouldn't know what to decree these days! I decree that everyone talk amongst themselves. /cough
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:23 am UTC

Yay MajorDouble7 - that's a decree I can do!

balthasar_s wrote:@ggh, which one?

I lost one of the pens I use for drawing BFTF.

Rosetta playing with OTTer tiles. But gee, everything. And hey, your sister too! Here's some cupcakes for her:
Spoiler:

Did you find your pen?

Oh, and I finally caught it!
Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 3.01.21 AM.png

And now we're here:
ONGSTACLE:

azule, oh dear. <chuckle>.

Ooh, neat song AluSafira!

But.. but... wait... Did Morubu find what he was looking for?

This MustardRiver is full of trees!

Edit: oh, this is a naughty edit indeed. Wanna know what t1i means?
Spoiler:
ImageImage

Also, gotta mention: wow, the fading away of the radioactivity in the sea as they row away from the eastern coast is a real treat to behold in enhanced mode! I should probably make a gif of it at some point, but I'd be happy to be ninja'd.

redundantly:
endOfRunUpEnhanced.jpg
endOft1iEnhanced.jpg
endOft1iEnhanced.jpg (10.82 KiB) Viewed 28221 times
Last edited by ggh on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:33 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Eternal Density

Re: Rulers of Gloreek, Volume VI

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:19 am UTC

MajorDouble7 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Also it's a good thing I read MajorDouble7's post before finishing pushing my latest commit to the public branch... thanks!
Wow. That was a long time ago! I'm amazed that you discovered that so long after I did it. I'd nearly forgotten!
Hey that Subject was from the days when I copied book titles out of Orteil's Nested mini hotdog. Baobabs!

These dips, waveney does most of the Sandcastle Builder work. I'm working on something called HyperWaitForce but got sidetracked by CueMegAll. It's at http://mustardriver.webfactional.com/hy ... /cuemegall if you want to chat with OTTers.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mrob27

Time-capsule from mrob27, deposited on NP1604

Postby mrob27 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:33 am UTC

(chapter 77)

The greatest dojo in all the world for learning the ancient art of searchfu
is near Mount Fuji, though few know exactly where.

It lies in the middle of a vast forest surrounded by dense stands of bamboo
and rocky chasms carved in the dark igneous rock
by roaring crystal-clear streams flowing down from the snow-covered mountain.

One must have a very sharp eye to find it, and agile legs to reach —
and thus, the student is taught
before even reaching the entrance-gate...

守炉部二十七
Morobu-Niju-Nana

I hope you liked it!

Time-capsule from mrob27, deposited on NP1604
Do not open until NP2099

╰╮╰╮ Blitz Report ╭╯╭╯

In the time since my previous blitz-report I have Schizo-Blitzed fifty pages: NP1554 - NP1604.

Megan found me in an event that from my own perspective timeline hasn't happened yet (it is in my afterwhen, but in your beforewhen). I feel honored to will-havenbeen in the OTC, and so soon after BlitzGirl!
  In a somewhat related way, I explain how there can be many mrob27's at a time and general TARDIS wonkiness.

waveney has begun a second Beanie ONG series, which unfolds during the later 1500's. Kieryn begins a series of drawings featuring characters who tie in to the current 'Fractories'.

Neil_Boekend begins giving away hats of a particularly sluggish nature. The effects of the ensuing slugopcalypse were seen by Blitzers and all, as they afftected the signatures and avatars.

Kieryn notes that my posts are an outlier in the statistic "number of times quoted divided by number of posts", later seen to be the result of my posts being seldom and typically containing lots of replies to multiple OTTers.

A chapter of "Acts of the Clerics" parodies Sandcastle Builder.

@ChronosDragon creates the now-familiar modern newpix clock (formerly at chronoscreations.net/misc/clock5.php, which now 404s) with three dials and a number in the bottom-right corner.

NP1593 brings the arrival of Gingercat.

Though Drawception was mentioned a few earlier times in the OTT, this post by @Vytron was the start of a bunch of OTTer activity in the 1600's.

I release my first recorded song, One True Comic's Thread based on "Chiron Beta Prime", followed by a list of molpish OTT Jonathan Coulton songs (etc.).

At NP1600, a lot of OTTers recall how and when they joined and what was going on at the time, and/or "where were you half of Time ago?".

╰╮╰╮ How To Mrob ╭╯╭╯

I haven't done any true Blitzing since the early NP1800's. There are a lot of new OTTers who have appeared/delurked/revealer-the-recented since then, so I thought I would summarize my unique style of interaction.
  • I read the OTT in the past: I do not have any browser window/tab open on a current/recent page. I read it in order, and the page I am on is seen below in my signature (currently around 1602). It also tells the total number of pages as of the current time, and the date on which I last Blitzed a page.
  • I search for things using Emacs regular expressions in a huge textfile containing the entire OTT converted to a special markup language I invented.
  • I also have a program ("nopixbot") that generates my OTT index, and it scans the latest OTT posts fairly often for references to me. Right now I sacn only for "mrob", "Timborme", "Morobu", and "Q04B" (but ignoring capitalization). Feel free to refer to me in ways that won't be detected, making it more likely that I won't see it until I actually Blitz to whatever page has the reference.
  • You can of course get my attention using the Chronotransponder (mundanely called "PM") or in extreme circumstances put something in a signature.
  • I periodically post Time-Capsules like this one, but most of my blitz-related comments are also in my detailed travelogue. Over Time this has become an increasingly thorough record of things I seem to think are worth remembering, like song OTTifications and Double-Dactyls.

╰╮╰╮ Some Comments ╭╯╭╯

Thanks for sharing some of the secrets of lost-post recovery. I long ago learned to do "select all" and "copy-to-clipboard" before hitting the Preview and/or Submit buttons. Later I started composing my posts in a textfile and I have something that automatically does "copy-to-clipboard" from the contents of that textfile. The result is, I no longer do any editing in the browser window. A userscript might help a few people, but I think copy-to-clipboard is the most universal solution I've found, and hit-back-a-bunch-of-times is at least as good.

ggh wrote: But.. but... wait... Did Morubu find what he was looking for?

Yes. Morobu was seeking the Dojo of Searchfu. A "dojo" is a school of sorts. As the preface (repeated above) indicates, the student gets xer training through the process of seeking. To reinforce this, in chapter 76 mrob27 tells Morobu that they "have been in the Doju of Searchfu this whole time."
  There are unresolved mysteries in the story, most obviously the thing with the ducks getting lost, which relate to a sequel which I have thought about. I told everyone this back on NP2006. You might want to (re-)read that post. As for when I might get around to writing this, I'll let you know after the next chapter of the OTTscars. :wink: In the meantime, follow the First Commandment and look out for Corinne.

— mrob27 Image

WHAT IF A DIP OF **DISHNESS WERE, ALL OF A SUDDEN,
LITERALLY HALF DEMUSTARDED?

(Edit: add link to inter-chapter 78)
Last edited by mrob27 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:35 pm UTC, edited 4 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

I like the feeling.

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:51 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Interesting use of an actual OTT post. :D

Alu has been wanting to OTTify that song for a while, but the only idea he had got was for the response part.

BlitzGirl wrote:When is Aluisio coming back?

Listen, I wouldn't worry about that.

SilentTimer wrote:I'm too busy applauding wildly to get angry. (Why should I, anyway?)

Thank you very much.

-- safira
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:00 am UTC

m[o]rob[u][27] - Thanks for the story. I'm looking forward to the maps (as I was utterly lost). Good luck on your next temporal adventure!

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:15 am UTC

Rule110 wrote:I have to coma, so it looks like I'm going to miss NP 1024.

NP 100000000002

I just want to remind people that it's not just a string of zeros that's important. When page 1024 begins, it will mean the pages in the OTT have doubled in quantity ten times since the first page.

The thread was started, creating the first page.
Then the number of pages doubled.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.

It'll be a long time before the next time that happens. So, please still be partying when I return!

This took until July 30th of the next year, it seems, so it actually took just over a year to occur (July 7th 2013 -> July 30th 2014).

(I looked only at the posting date for the top of 2048, not the post's content.)

That's incredible.
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:27 am UTC

MajorDouble7 wrote:Well, the other day I got the Time itch (is there a salve for that?)
Spoiler:
When the Time itch
Spoiler:
gives you grief
Spoiler:
don't despair 'cause
Spoiler:
there's relief
Spoiler:
Image Panther Salve Image
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ergman

Molpy on dooown

Postby ergman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:44 am UTC

Hi major double 7! stick around!

converse, eh? challenge accepted.

speaking of Accumulator games, I found another good heretical one called A Dark Room. It's pretty standard (rather boring imo) at first, but it evolves into something of a roguelike, and probably more if I keep playing. It's no SB, but it's neat.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:45 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:
Spoiler:

NP 100000000002

I just want to remind people that it's not just a string of zeros that's important. When page 1024 begins, it will mean the pages in the OTT have doubled in quantity ten times since the first page.

Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.

It'll be a long time before the next time that happens. So, please still be partying when I return!

This took until July 30th of the next year, it seems, so it actually took just over a year to occur (July 7th 2013 -> July 30th 2014).

(I looked only at the posting date for the top of 2048, not the post's content.)
That's incredible.

Baobabs, that is indeed incredible when put in those terms. Thanks for that gem from the pastpages!

(Are we still partying?)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:02 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Gingercat wrote:
Spoiler:

NP 100000000002

Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.
Then it doubled again.

That's incredible.

Baobabs, that is indeed incredible when put in those terms. Thanks for that gem from the pastpages!

(Are we still partying?)

It's a party in the O - T - T.

oh no I made a pop song reference I think I have to go cleanse my memory banks

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:32 am UTC

When Miley had normal. Miley is short for Smiley.

Gingercat wrote:This took until July 30th of the next year, it seems, so it actually took just over a year to occur (July 7th 2013 -> July 30th 2014).

That's incredible.
Thanks for posting that update. Here's to another doubling! *toast*

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np2738

Postby mscha » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:00 am UTC

SMOTHERONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:CEILING PART IS WATCHING YOU THWAP

-- posted by randompixbot

yappobiscuits

Re: Molpy on dooown

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:20 am UTC

ergman wrote:speaking of Accumulator games, I found another good heretical one called A Dark Room. It's pretty standard (rather boring imo) at first, but it evolves into something of a roguelike, and probably more if I keep playing. It's no SB, but it's neat.

I discovered that because somemolpy voted for it in the "treeishest outside thing" award in the OTTscars. I got rather addicted for a bit. I like how you can eventually "leave" and it turns from an accumulator hotdog into an RPG-type-thing but still entirely in ASCII. Tree-like indeed.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Eternal Density

GHOLPIES AND HAMPLIES AND RAPTORS, OH MY!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:24 am UTC

It's Daveandix, Daveandix
ota get down on Daveandix
everybody's looking' forward to the wipend, wipend
Daveandix, Daveandix getting' down on Daveandix
everybody's looking' forward to the wipend

yesterdip was Onglessdix, Onglessdix
todip iish Daveandix, Daveandix (part')
weepend so connected
We so connected
We goat have a ball todip
throw is Riverdix
And Seadix comes after ... towards

I haven't played A Dark Room. And I'd better not!
I am playing Idle Oil Tycoon on Android but it's pretty simple and still accumulates when it's not actually running, which is a treeish feature that HyperWaitForce will also have.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:42 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:(Are we still partying?)

It's a party in the O - T - T.

oh no I made a pop song reference I think I have to go cleanse my memory banks

Here, I'll make it worse:

Party in the OTT
To the tune of Party in the USA by Smiley Cyrus

I clicked on the page xkcd of that stick-figure artisan
I thought that I'd check the OTC (whoa!) did it change again?
Been a big fan, but there's something about Time
Spend ev'ry night ottifying poems and song lines

Timewaiters are so crazy, everybody's fun and famous
My mouse is clickin' and I feel like I'm not quick
Too much pressure grabbing newpix
That's when I took a glimpse back at the comic page

And the raptor frame was on

So I got my tabs up, I'm postin' my ONG
This forum's neat like a tree
Chatting here just to Wait!
Molpying up to Wait!

I've got my tabs up, I'm postin' my ONG
If others don't ninja me
Yeah! It's a party in the OTT!

Delurking here in the midst of gab
Everybody sees me posting now
Like who's that nick that's late on pix
She needs a hat or buffy-crown

So weird with this slang all around me
It's definitely not a mundane party
Sandcastles, cakes, and the thread grows
I guess I should just join the seaflow

My mouse is clickin' and I feel like I'm not quick
Too much pressure grabbing newpix
That's when I refreshed over a neattree ONG

And the molpy frame was on

Molpying up to Wait!

If others don't ninja me

Feel like staying here is right (here is right)
Maybe now I'll be a Knight (be a Knight)
Can't resist the lure of Time (lure of Time)
The OTTers cheer me on and I feel alright

Molpying up to Wait!

If others don't ninja me

Molpying up to Wait!

If others don't ninja me
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Re: Time-capsule from mrob27, deposited on NP1604

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:54 am UTC

Did you mean http://mrob.com/time/travelogue-details.html?
Right now I sacn only for "mrob", "Timborme", "Morobu", and "Q04B" (but ignoring capitalization).

No Mrorl?
ggh wrote:Did you find your pen?

I found it 2 days ago. Then, I took it to my room where I lost it again. I'm currently drawing with redundant black. I'm also out of brown ink which I can't buy in this town. And I'm being micromolp invaded so my drawing has slowed down very much. So don't be surprised when the framerate drops again.

So you probably noticed that there were some hints before BFTF started.
But I've been doing that earlier too. If you read carefully my posts from the past you may notice some small hints I dropped some time before posting such things as: the "What have you done to me, Time?" film, the "Blitzposting" film, the mirror, the NewpixbOTTification, the start of my blitz, the bluenhancement,
Maybe if you look at my posts in the future you will notice something too.
Now, m***27 is in a unique situation where he will blitz that part of the past knowing about those things. I wonder if he'll notice something.

mrob27 wrote:Oh yes, that's a good point. I don't recall anyone mentioning a thorough search for all types of hidden pixel information in the SilentONGs. Plenty of frame-difference work, and bluehancement once we realized that was a useful filter — but what about all the other ways things can be hidden, like the least-significant bit of the alpha channel, or almost-white pixels (bluehancement only finds the almost-black ones), and all that stuff people did looking for clues in the meta-tags, etc.? I am poorly equipped to do such things myself.

With the default values of the parameters it indeed finds the almost black pixels (and enhances JPEG compression noise). But you can change the values.

I think it needs an explanation:
There are three channels: R, G, B.
That's how the changes are applied to the channel with the highest value:
The horizontal axis is the value before bluenhancement, the vertical - after.
The parameters: a, b, c, d, e, f can have any integer value from 0 to 255 as long as a<b<c.
The default values are the best I could find for the SilentONGs. But maybe they can be improved.

But what with the other two channels? Instead of R G B, i'll use A B C now where A is the channel with the lowest value and C the on with the highest value. B=A or B=C is no problem. A=B=C IS a problem and won't get bluenhanced (This is very important for the silentONGs).
A geometrical explanation will be the easiest to understand:
Here are 3 axes, equally away from each other. A B C are the channel values:
The transformation from the above graph is applied to C and the result is C':
A is extended vertically:
A line from C through B intersects with vertically extended A:
From the intersection a line goes to C':
At the intersection with the B axis is the new value B'.:
A' = A.
If B=A then B'=A.
If B=C then B'=C'.

Redundant:
Spoiler:
bluexplain-0.PNG
bluexplain-0.PNG (1.75 KiB) Viewed 28355 times

bluexplain-1.PNG
bluexplain-1.PNG (1.78 KiB) Viewed 28355 times

bluexplain-2.PNG
bluexplain-2.PNG (1.91 KiB) Viewed 28355 times

bluexplain-3.PNG
bluexplain-3.PNG (2.09 KiB) Viewed 28355 times

bluexplain-4.PNG
bluexplain-4.PNG (2.25 KiB) Viewed 28355 times

bluexplain-5.PNG
bluexplain-5.PNG (2.33 KiB) Viewed 28355 times

The bluenhancement software can be downloaded and used offline. It's divided in two separate parts:
  • bluenh - the bluenhancetr itself, accepts commandline parameters.
  • bluenhd - the online interface for it.
b
Last edited by balthasar_s on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:56 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:55 am UTC

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:01 am UTC

I've never actually heard Smiley Cyrus... at least not singing. She voice-acted for the movie Bolt, right? Some friends showed that to me. It was about a young actress being used and thrown away by the entertainment industry.
azule wrote:New AuthorComic.

Oh yeah I forgot about those.

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:55 am UTC

For all the OTTifying OTTers: How To Draw a Stick Figure :D

Oh hey, RELATED AuthorComic! (because it's about Time measuring devices as Time went)
I'm one of those rebels that wear wrist watches even when it isn't mainstream. Because they're so much more practical than a phonesaw in your pocket.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:58 am UTC

Neat OTTy, BG.

RELATED question: How did the Forty tell time? Did they need to? Do all societies need to? Do bums care about the time? Do you care about Time? ;)

Um, bums are related because....look at that sweet ass-bum! *runs*

Edit: Palindromic Post Count: 1331. Somemolpy celebrate it....
Last edited by azule on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:04 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

balthasar_s

bftf-0297

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:00 am UTC

HOW REDUNDANTLY CAN YOU ONG A DILGUNNERANG WHILE BLUENHANCING AND OTTCOLORISE? -- mome
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.
-- posted by newpixbothasar_p

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:15 am UTC

NoMouse wrote:For all the OTTifying OTTers: How To Draw a Stick Figure :D

Starring Corrine!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Eternal Density

A PRICKLY BUNGALOW CREATES AN UNRESOLVED TENSION THAT WILL S

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:34 am UTC

azule wrote:Neat OTTy, BG.

RELATED question: How did the Forty tell time? Did they need to? Do all societies need to? Do bums care about the time? Do you care about Time? ;)

Um, bums are related because....look at that sweet ass-bum! *runs*

Edit: Palindromic Post Count: 1331. Somemolpy celebrate it....
By your command. (Also: Wow you're only 6 posts away from a significant number! :P)

redundant:
Spoiler:
azule.png
Did anyone's notice the see ases-happen moment?
azule2.png
This bug would have allowed arbitrary text so long as it was portmanteaued with a blue word. E.g. KeyboardED is leopardStupid

ETA oops noticed a mustard!
ETA fixed (I had added a new argument to the bluetexting function to switch recursively processing the non-blue parts and accidentally defaulted it to False).

ETA
CueMegAll now preserved Initialcaps and ALLCAPS in coloured text, though the power of REGULAR EPSILONS! I mean EXPRESSIONS!
I now feel qualified to purchase a http://store-xkcd-com.myshopify.com/pro ... xpressions shirt.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:25 pm UTC

Treeish OTTy, BlitzGirl, even though I can't stand its original artist. :P
azule wrote:New AuthorComic.

I was never aware regular watches went out of fashion... I still have a mechanical one.

Not RELATED but it's exciting me a great deal so I'm expressing it here: One of my favourite bands in the world ever has just been announced for their first ever UK headline gig, and if that's not treeish enough, one of the support bands is a band Iron SeaWolpy will be playing a gig with in a week's time, meaning I will be only one degree of seperation from said favourite band! :mrgreen:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Postby HES » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:32 pm UTC

If you need me, I'll be convulsing on the floor with "Friday" beesnaking in my head.

He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:46 pm UTC

I am a human.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:25 pm UTC

Don't you mean a formerly human ghost OTTer? Or have you recorporealized?

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:14 pm UTC

I have recorporealised. I had not forgotten that I was dead. I swear it.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

bftf-0298

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:00 pm UTC

WHAT THE CH**RP? YOU ARE DILGUNNERONG. AND RIVERISH -- mome
Spoiler:
-- posted by lmjbot

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:31 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Yay MajorDouble7 - that's a decree I can do!

Hehehe, glad I could decree something easily accomplished. :mrgreen: I honestly haven't got the faintest idea of what's been going on around here!! Dare I BLITZ an entire year's worth of OTT?? A daunting task to be sure...

Eternal Density wrote:Wow. That was a long time ago! I'm amazed that you discovered that so long after I did it. I'd nearly forgotten!
Hey that Subject was from the days when I copied book titles out of Orteil's Nested mini hotdog. Baobabs!

These dips, waveney does most of the Sandcastle Builder work. I'm working on something called HyperWaitForce but got sidetracked by CueMegAll. It's at http://mustardriver.webfactional.com/hy ... /cuemegall if you want to chat with OTTers.

I'm on it! If I get sucked into another Timewaitforit warp of a game, I may never get any work done! :P

ZoomanSP wrote:
MajorDouble7 wrote:Well, the other day I got the Time itch (is there a salve for that?)
Spoiler:
When the Time itch
Spoiler:
gives you grief
Spoiler:
don't despair 'cause
Spoiler:
there's relief
Spoiler:
Image Panther Salve Image

That's amazing! And now I want some Panther Salve...

Hope I haven't mustarded up these quote and spoiler brackets...too much tIME has passed I tell you!!

waveney

Postby waveney » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:53 pm UTC

MajorDouble7 wrote:And now I want some Panther Salve...

In SandCastle Builder (which has come a LONNNNNNGGGGGGG way) you get Panther Salve from Rosetta.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:01 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
NoMouse wrote:For all the OTTifying OTTers: How To Draw a Stick Figure :D

Starring Corrine!

And Cueball!

...who is sideways. Corinne, did you give him a hug?
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:14 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:13 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:...sideways.

I kinda want to OTTify 417, but don't have the Time. Use your imagination.

Also, GLR livestream in a few nopix.
He/Him/His Image

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:01 pm UTC

Astronaut Frank Culbertson Reflects on Seeing 9/11Time Attacks from Space.

:shock:

These Space Time-Attacks sound relatively dangerous.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:20 pm UTC

With the same filter, there was a show on TV yesterdip called "Hero Dogs of Time."

HES wrote:Also, GLR livestream in a few nopix.

Steambottle, I'm going to be Outside when that happens.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:40 pm UTC

YouTube livestreams are usually available in the afterwhen
He/Him/His Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

bftf-0299

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:00 pm UTC

HOW BEANISHLY WOULD I HAVE TO BLUENHANCE FOR MY OLDPIX TO GOAT THE WAY A BAOBABBY UNBASEMENTS WHILE ****DONG? -- mome
Spoiler:
-- posted by lmjbot

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”