and contributing to my conference!
… and the OTTerCönnchen!
- Live Streaming
- Dress Code
- How To Hold A Remote Speech
- It's two days now: Thursday 12 February and Friday 13 February 2015.
(This closes the Poll to determine the most molpish date for the conference.
- How to hold a speech (Don't Panik!)
- Holding a speech at the conference (computery stuff)
- Wiki page, including the list of participants
- The Big Picture – the context of the conference
Dear fellow OTTers,
congratulations: complete sustainabilization is here.
Not an accidental one.macraw83 wrote:For a minute I was wondering if there would be an accidental OTTer meetup […]
This is the “next conference” I'm speaking of:
– including Blitzers, Lurkers, and Basementees –
to a scientific conference
about sustainable online communities
– including a social event –
in Bochum, Germany,
February or March 2015.
In other words, I am inviting you
Yes, this is for real.
How can this be?
- I am a professor for <computery stuff> at the Sustainable University².
- I love the OTT. It's flutterbeewingish.
- GLR did not intend to create the OTT. Noone did.
It's a wonder – a singularity.
- The world needs more of this kind.
Let's OTTify the world!
- I have a scientific project where I'm trying to create a sustainable online community.
The OTT is a sustainable online community.
I want to understand how the OTT works.
That's what the first part of OTTifying the world looks like.
- So let's come together and do science.
(Don't forget: We are all GLR: scientists and artists.)
After that, let's stay together for a while and be molpish.
- Place: The Sustainable University, 51.44703 7.27386,
Hochschule Bochum, Germany, Europe.
Time: some day(s?) in February or March 2015, whatever fits best for the participants.
(Details will be announced here as soon as they have been determined.)
- If you are interested, please let me know, and tell me which days in Feb/Mar 2015 would be molpish / less molpish / steambottlish for you.
The sooner we can determine the number of participants, the better we can organise it.
- Money is always a problem.
Some of us will need money to take part; some of us won't.
What I can do is to pay a fixed fee to every invited speaker.How this helps to solve the money problem for all interested OTTers is left to the gentle reader as an exercise.Spoiler:@HES: See, I'm hiring you.
- For details, please send me a PM or an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Encryption is encouraged: (public key)
Code: Select all
pub 1024D/21439422 1998-08-23
Key fingerprint = 9E7C 0FC4 8A62 5536 1730 A932 9834 65DB 2143 9422
uid Peter Gerwinski (Hochschule Bochum) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
uid Peter Gerwinski <email@example.com>
sub 2048g/FB5B2015 1998-08-23
- For RELATED discussion, suggestions, planning etc. please post here.
²: The Hochschule Bochum (Bochum University of Applied Sciences) is a riverish university in Bochum, not to be confused with the Ruhr-Universität¹ Bochum.
Yes, there are many universities calling themselves “The Sustainable University”. Ours is not (yet) the most visible one. But wait for it.
Also: 101010 posts!
I have encountered it here, but I couldn't find anything about it anywhere else.
Spread the news.
Use your time-travelling abilities to inform the Blitzers.
Try to reach the basementees.
Post here whom you have contacted, so we don't spam anyone.