1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0739

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:00 am UTC

I ACCIDENTALLY A MOME, IS THIS DUNGEROUS? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the call?
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:11 am UTC

the mrONGbdex story continues.

Code: Select all

"Oh no, he won't. And not least because this is the Grand Duchy of *Tencrivar*." (Mrorl's ambition faded, as he remembered he was no longer near his home) "But also for a far more profound reason." Balthacarius stopped the guns for a moment.
   "And what is that?" replied Mrorl, glad for the reprieve.
   "Because you are *not* actually Mrorl! You see, I was visited by a bot this afternoon, calling itself a Bot to Grant One's Every Wish, and claiming to be from Mrorl, in fact. So to evaluate its merits, I had it make you! And now I'm going to purify you of your *heresy!* ... so that, even if the world is not completely rid of it, even if the original Mrorl cannot be changed, at least there will be *one* Mrorl that knows what Molpies are called."
   "You monster! Why are you doing this to me?!?"
   "I have told you several times: *Heresy!*" (relishing this last word even more), "We are at the dawn of a new era, a <*:Temporal Interval of Molpish Epistemolpgy:>!" And Balthacarius walked over to a storage bin, and looked inside.
   "<*:Granfallonery! Vittsågen! Zombeanies! Raptorsharks!:>"
   "Safewords will not help you here," as Balthacarius lifted out a huge bag of stale ammunition for the turret magazine, "and I changed the passwords in all of these guns."
   "Wait! Stop! I have something to tell you!!"
   "I wonder what you could possibly say that would change things in the slightest," replied Balthacarius.
   Mrorl quickly yelled:

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

Eternal Density

It's really hot todip

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:16 am UTC

Third post but first human on the page, so I decree that people look up old OTTified songs they liked and discuss them, or find one to like they haven't heard/read yet, or make a new one.

Also SilentTimer is 12 posts away from a round number!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ggh

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:14 am UTC

I've got line 1:
How do you say a robot like Mrorl?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:40 am UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:That's BBcode plus a few numbered HTML entities (ETA: plus "&quot;"), enclosed in <textarea>…</textarea>.

Are you sure you grabbed the correct parts of that page?
HTML without html tags is still HTML even if the text is actually bbcode.
&quot; isn't the only unnumbered. There is also &amp; &lt; &gt; &nbsp; I will have to know the full list of named entities used by phpBB so that posts can be edited without breaking them. So far I didn't find it in phpBB's source. Still trying.

<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="4" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onfocus="initInsertions();" class="inputbox">[quote=&quot;Sustainabilizer&quot;]That's BBcode plus a few [i]numbered[/i] HTML entities (ETA: plus &quot;&amp;quot;&quot;), enclosed in &lt;textarea&gt;…&lt;/textarea&gt;.

Are you sure you grabbed the correct parts of that page?[/quote]HTML without html tags is still HTML even if it's also bbcode.
&amp;quot; isn't the only unnumbered.         There is also</textarea>
When you edit on the mirror you will only see numbered entities.
(ETA: Looks like no other named entities are used.)
ETA: Silentbot's post.awk can now edit. Now I have to make changes in bot5.c.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:34 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Eternal Density

Vital Hotdog Function covers The Sound of Music

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:15 am UTC

ggh wrote:I've got line 1:

How to pronounce a word with just one vowel?
How do you find the phonemes for Mrorl?
A raptorich*rpet! A molp-o'-m*s-tard! A wow!

(Also, Why do you have a moonbeam in your hand?)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np2703

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:00 am UTC

HOVERONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THANKS, NEWPIXBOTS. THEWPIXBOTS.

-- posted by randompixbot

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: How to Train Your Bot

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:12 am UTC

SBN wrote:Anyone going to get to see the eclipse?
Not going to see a total eclipse, but should be able to see a partial one in a short while. Unfortunately the clouds are doing their best to provide their own total eclipse, so I've only seen a quarter skycircle this morning.
ggh wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Ggh, I'm worried you may have unintentionally nerd-sniped the OTT with your Where's Wal[ly|do]. I think that the only reason I haven't been is that my MTA is too riverish to properly use for searching. I still haven't found myself...
Yes, it does feel like I made a lot of disappearing appear. :(
I'll give you a hint: you don't have a mustache.

Thanks, that should make life a lot easier :P
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0740

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:00 am UTC

BECOME AN NEEDLE-PULLED THUNGS -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the snake?
Spoiler:
It's in the bush on the right.

ggh

Re: Vital Hotdog Function covers The Sound of Music

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:39 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
ggh wrote:I've got line 1:

Many a post you know you'd like to edit.
Many a post could use an A or I.
But how do you make it fair?
BOTTeriada has some spare.
How do you steal from sweet oversupply?

How do you tell this tale without tongue tie?

YappONG with a brim?
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment ...again.
Last edited by ggh on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:26 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:16 am UTC

The latest Othercomic seems pretty OTTifiable for those with that kind of skill.

I've got one rattling around, but it may take awhile.
In the meantime, here's Smallest Wolpy getting stronger.
Smallest_wolpy.jpg
Smallest wolpy
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:25 am UTC

I want a wolpy but I don't want to leave them alone for 9-10 hours a dip.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:51 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:I want a wolpy but I don't want to leave them alone for 9-10 hours a dip.

That's understandable, but depending on age and breed they may not mind that much.

My new WFFS does require actual presence, (and a still in-progress relocation) so my wolpies are alone a lot more than they used to be. They have adjusted pretty well, I just have to make sure I give them enough attention and exercise when I am home.

I can come home for lunch, but it seems to work better when I don't. Wolpies seem to use a very OTTish time system, they notice events, not the time between the events. Note that my wolpies are grown, baby wolpies do take much more attention, so that's a different thing altogether.

It can be very hard on a wolpy to have to change families, so it is best to be sure it will work before committing. But sometimes wolpies need temporary homes, which might let you do a sort of test run.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:18 pm UTC

If I would get a wolpy it would be from a shelter, not a puppy. I have trained a dog from puppy but I can't invest that amount of time now. Even then I would take the first couple of wips off to bond properly, ending with going away for most of the dip to train them to be alone.

My wolpies have always had someone at home for most of the dip so I wasn't aware that some could do without. Ah well, maybe in a yip and then I'll look for a relaxed wolpy.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0741

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

THIS MAY BE A BIT HILLISH, BUT... IF SOMEMOLPY'S SPURLER SUDDENLY UPKETCHED, HOW LUNG WOULD THEY BASEMENT? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the raptors?

HES

Re: How to Train Your Bot

Postby HES » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:12 pm UTC

SBN wrote:Anyone going to get to see the eclipse?

I was in the 85% zone. We had just enough cloud cover to see it clearly without anyone going blind. I'll crop and combine my photos... well, tomorrow, since I'm likely to end up in a drinking establishment after work.

mscha wrote:Image

Is the smaller image a by-product of the OTColoured or a deliberate intervention to make the bots less annoying? Having smaller images for the re-runs, with a click-through to the first time it was posted, would work quite well if it's easy enough to implement.
He/Him/His Image

NoMouse

Stupid skycircle, get out of the way!

Postby NoMouse » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:06 pm UTC

This is what it looked like from here:

Oh, greetings from the basement.

Spoiler:
SolarEclipse2015-03-20.png
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:23 pm UTC

Marsh'n blitzing to you from NP Image / 2263. Alternately, NP A000045[15]/A001630[15] but I couldn't find the latter in closed form.
Megan looks at the tree-ONG

Ugh, this one is so long maybe I should spoiler the TOC!

• HES,dado,Cadellin,waveney,Ace,hamjudo,FayZee: Welcome to the OTT!
  • BytEfLUSh,macraw83,Helper,Tatiana: Welcome back!
  • Vytron: Pre-retro-nostalgia
  • bmonk,Swuh: friends and relations?
  • pelrigg: an accurate prediction... of OTTcons future-passed
  • vvn: canned unicorn meat
  • PhoenixRisiing: call to the basement, walls, and self-deprecation wars
  • dreiarmumig: delta-avatar, and aerated concrete
  • ChronosDragon,Sciscitor,et.al.: first computers
  • buffygirl: Wait For It (OTTification bump)
  • CHIRPY! (and cake)
  • jjjdavidson: new smiley
  • vvn,mscha,Sciscitor,et.al.: OTC scraping discussion
  • Flado: congrats on paradoxadiction
  • TheMinim: on skimming and blitzing
  • azule: Now, be nice!
  • Vytron: words that make you :blush:
  • StratPlayer: ABAB9-disyl@2ctl, someone please musicate
  • HES: ONGification of Madness, and HOOMN
  • Angelastic: retronominations
  • mikrit: did anyone see the...
  • macraw83: fixing google's (the) mustard
  • ergman: on not outblitzing blitzers
  • jowo: molpyup in Michigan
  • KarMann: treeishness
  • Post slippage note
  • The things you learn while blitzing...
Spoiler:
Greetings of various sorts:
HES wrote:Yeeeah. I suppose you could say that I "stuck around", though "Lunged wildly into the thread" may be more accurate. 2514 at Time of writing.

And 3687 at time of reading! I think because HES was around when I first joined, I didn't quite make the connection. I basically "met" HES in my blitz and in living OTTerhood at the OTTcon within a few days of each other. Weird.
Also, congrats on having a really cool first ONG: "These are bigger than they looked."/"Oof." Kind of applies to a lot of things around here. You're at least slightly bigger than a hamply IRL.

@waveney, @Ace, @hamjudo (NP598), @FayZee (NP603): Greetings!
@dado (NP607): Welcome! Sorry you didn't stick around...
@Cadellin (NP608): Welcome! Another UK OTTer (albeit a quiet one...)
@Helper (NP596), @Tatiana (NP605), @BytEfLUSh (NP607), @macraw83 (NP608): Welcome back! I hope to see more of you...
I like how Helper checks in from Time to Time, just when we start sending out search parties and milk cartons.

Vytron wrote:And I was part of it! Ahh, the memories! The good old times when... oh wait, it's still going! I'm already nostalgic for something that is happening NOW!

:lol: That happens to me all the Time...

@bmonk, @Swuh: Do people ever ask you two if you're related?
ImageImage

pelrigg wrote:So, are we talking a Meat-up, sometime in the future? On some ass-picious anniversary? Regional, national, inter-national? With (of course) plenty of wifi and big screens hooked to The Site. Round-robin "boom-de-yadas", general insanity.....

Why yes, yes we are! How prescient of you.

vvn wrote:[...]And "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" includes Uranium Ore (low rads) and Canned Unicorn Meat.

How can we not have adopted "Canned Unicorn Meat" to refer to something OTCish? Surely this is on the same spectrum as semencoffeecancerbabies and La Petite - so wrong it comes full circle around to right?

PhoenixRising wrote:I dunno. You guys call it. Should I keep following, or should I Wait for It quietly/alone? (Tell me now and I'll react accordingly when I get back to the Present. If it's deemed best for me to Wait alone, I apologize in advance for whatever ketchup I post before I get to your Present.)

PhoenixRising wrote:It doesn't help my individual cause that my writing style isn't as witty or fluid as that of some of you. I'm a CompSci guy with a stereotypical CompSci guy's language awkwardness. And I'm painfully aware that makes my walls heavy reading.

Well, a little late now (looks like it's been over 1.5yips since you were here), but I'd definitely encourage you to stay. Or, come back! We could use a little of your incandescence in dark times.
And in my opinion (says another CompSci guy), your writing style is very nice, and I read your walls with light and good cheer. Self-deprecation, however, seems to be rampant in the OTT, and wildly undeserved. (Except mine, of course. :D )

dreiarmumig wrote:Image
27 Apparently this stuff isn't well known in English speaking countries?, so click image for Google-translated article
[...]
Edit: That's weird, in the Google-translated version of the Wikipedia article I linked to the IPA of Ytong was changed to [ t?? y ? ], while it should be (and is in the original, non-translated article) ['y?t??]

I'm somewhat familiar with aerated concrete as a building material (having seen it at green building expos) but it's cool to hear that it's well established in Europe. I wonder if Google translation tried applying German->English SOV->SVO rules to the prounuciation, or something...
And, it looks like you have a new avatar?

Sciscitor wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:. Y'alls who used a commodore 64 are old ;)[/size]

Not only did I use one, but it was my second computer.

I never owned a 64, but my friend did. By the time we were writing games on that, I had already worked on about 4 other machines. Apple ][ in school; then my first was a Sinclair ZX80 followed shortly by a Timex Sinclair 1000. When the TRS-80 CoCo came out and I was given one for the holidays, it was a big step up; I bought the 6809 instruction set card from Motorola (I recall sending them something like $1.59 for a copy) and have enjoyed programming in assembly language ever since. I can't remember exactly when I first got paid to program, but I know it was in UCSD-Pascal on a Terak. It used 8" disks. Continuing my backwards progress, it wasn't until several years later that I found a discarded PDP-8/L that was still operational. Lacking an ASR-33 we toggled in software 12 bits at a time from the front panel. Not enough experience to say I'd memorized a boot loader or anything like that, though. Then I wrote a PDP-8 emulator for my dad's Amiga. I don't know why...

@buffygirl - suspect you're not around to hear, but thanks for Let It Be -> Wait For It! Lovely, and deserves a bump. (I'm sorry you couldn't get your recording uploaded.)

On NP598: CHIRPY!!! (Why does everyone keep calling it "bird"? What is this "bird" of which you speak? Something that becomes angry when placed in hotdogs?)
Also, on NP601: @ergman - thanks so much for the chirpycake for blitzers! Since there aren't too many of us back here, there is still some left! And less than a year old! Yum!

@jjjdavidson observes possible new smiley: 3+)
I like that so well I feel like I have to bump it. What it makes me think of it this: Image

There's an extensive discussion of how the OTC scraping is being done. The question I have is - how did we catch the meteor frames, which I understood came across only seconds apart. How did we even know they happened?

Congratulations to Flado on his paradoxadiction. Welcome BlitzGirl the Next! And ucim, a truly lol way to give someone the bird!

TheMinim wrote:
Arthur James Balfour wrote:He has only half learned the art of reading who has not added to it the more refined art of skipping and skimming.

Marsh'n wrote:He has only half learned the art of blitzing who has not added to it the more refined art of carefully choosing articles worthy of blitzing, that the art of skipping and skimming may be seen as a false economy.

azule wrote:Besides my own mother, my gf will be having my baby soon. I guess I should be nice to her, too.

Doesn't "should be nice to her" kind of go without saying for gfs?

@Vytron: "Squeegasm!" I love the word, even if I could never get myself to actually use it :blush:

@StratPlayer: Your ABAB9-disyl@2 is really nice. I'm wondering if anyone has written music for it yet?

HES wrote:HES is simply my initials - nice and boring, no back story (although I hate my middle name and don't use it unless I happen to need a 3 character username)

Hmm... something else we have in common, apparently: Hatred Of Our Middle Names. However, I was very grateful to have it a year or so ago when another person sharing my first and last names started at my (huge) company which uses firstname.lastname@company.com as an email address system. We continue to get each other's email, but it's easier to sort out knowing middle initials.
Your Madness ONG is treeish!

Angelastic wrote:Ooh! I wonder whether there'll be a BUTTERMONGER some day!

Um, I retronominate you? I suppose in Time all things are possible.

Did anyone see the Cuegan shipping?
@mikrit did

macraw83 wrote:Also, if you google "fixed the mustard" (in quotes) the OTT is the first result.

Hmm, but apparently not "fix the mustard"...

ergman wrote:I think I've edited more than I've posted, and read my own posts more than anyone else...

I dunno, have you read all of them? I'ma tryin'...

@jowo - Love your molpyup license plate! I guess I will not be the first... and unless they ever get around to sending me mine (NY: MOLPY), I might be the last!

KarMann wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:All hail the Elders!

Not counting those who hail from the land before Time 8-)

Yay a tree! :D

Well, I'm one of those too, so no matter how you slice it . . . .
(Though I'm a couple of years newer than you, it seems.)

You're a tree? I guess slicing it is how you figure out if it's a couple of years newer or older... but I hope no one is doing that to you. Anyway, here's to your treeishness!

---

Post slippage: I've detected another clear marker. Here on NP599, pelrigg (goat) comments specifically on TheMinim (penungulate) being firstpost on NP600. In case anyone is trying to figure out when and where the deleted posts (2?) are. Or wants to see penungulate used in context.

Baobabs! Teaching moment! I have been hating the fact that my RTA has no middle-scroll-wheel with which I can zoom in and out. I have just now discovered "ctrl-middle-button-nipplemouse" produces a zoom!

Baobabs 2! I just found the Time backstory Wired article.

Unedited for papal decree... because been-there-done-that above. But not otherwise unedited, for paradox.
Third edit @azule, I arbitrarily decided that editing this post was arbitrary; sigdecree observed.
Second edit to avoid double post:
SBN wrote:The latest Othercomic seems pretty OTTifiable for those with that kind of skill.

I'd give it a shot if I had the OTF available, but cutting and pasting letters graphically to make text is tiring (I did it for my last OTTification and that was only 4 letters). However, I'd probably put "Beanish" up there where MH370 sits, if it were me.

Smallest wolpy is cute. Is that "getting stronger" by swimming exercise? I probably missed some context...

Redundafib:
Spoiler:
fib15_formula.gif
A000045[15] in closed form
fib15_formula.gif (611 Bytes) Viewed 33731 times
Last edited by Marsh'n on Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:16 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0742

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

MUSTARDUNG. NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH SACRIFICING. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the Beanish?
Spoiler:
… the Planet Express intern?
Spoiler:
… the stretcher?… the molpy?
Spoiler:
It's in the bush in the middle.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:10 pm UTC

I was so focused on improving SilentBot that I didn't notice the 1024 posts.

But SilentBot can now edit posts instead of doubleposting.

If The old and new post have different options, the options from the new one will be used.
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:32 pm UTC

Marsh'n wrote:
Smallest wolpy is cute. Is that "getting stronger" by swimming exercise? I probably missed some context...

I learned on Teraks!

Walking through water exercise. There's a treadmill in there. She's recovering from a pinched disk. Acupuncture got her back on her feet, now exercise to get her strength back.

Some Ways to Time

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: wingghish

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:49 pm UTC

Hello molpies! The Outside is being more Outsidish than first anticipated; my new goal is to be fully back and otting before the OTCversary.

Flutterbeewingghish flutterbeewinggh, balthamashup. It would make a good smiley... Image
Treeish skycircle-eclipse manip, NoMouse!
Hope the basement's treating you molpishly Febrion, and hope to see you back inside soon!
That's quite the berryish* OTColored, ergman. Image Oh, and a lovely OTColored of 3081, too.
Steakish OTTercomic, Earthling on Mars.
Molpish met OTTerCon is so SREEE, Eternal Density!

I think I spied a redundakitty in a recent What-If:

mrob27 wrote:Clearly it was the hat-sharpening effect ("enHATSment"? :P) that got switched off.

I would punsaw this but it's just so OTTish that I don't want to. Image Enhatsment!
I also caught glimpses of several other puns and assorted wordplay during skimketchup. I'm just going to pretend they all got punsawed in an alternate universe where I didn't get temporarily basemented.

SilentBot, at the top of this page wrote:I ACCIDENTALLY A MOME, IS THIS DUNGEROUS? -- ongomome

Is SilentBot exhibiting sentience again or is it set to bring mome/pope automomes when it posts on the top of a newpage?

HES wrote:I get that silentbot's posts relate to things going on a specific Times, but I really don't think it should be double posting. This thread is getting really bot heavy.

Yes, there was a seaish amount of botposting in my ketchup. Thankfully it looks like balthabotmaster is working on a molpish solution!

SilentTimer wrote:Did you notice …
… the flutterbee?
Spoiler:
It's following Cueganzzle. And it's blue.
Is it ggh?? Image

Redundant:
Spoiler:
i told u was redundant
why u no believe me?

FlutterbeewingghSmiley.png
FlutterbeewingghSmiley.png (20.6 KiB) Viewed 33593 times

RedundakittyWindow.png
RedundakittyWindow.png (15.46 KiB) Viewed 33593 times

Keywords: BGUM flutterbee flutterbeewinggh flutterbeewingghish ggh smiley icon emoticon redundakitty window

*Trippy or hallucinatory, as in the ottified flashy gif.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:00 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
SilentBot, at the top of this page wrote:I ACCIDENTALLY A MOME, IS THIS DUNGEROUS? -- ongomome

Is SilentBot exhibiting sentience again or is it set to bring mome/pope automomes when it posts on the top of a newpage?
If lmjbot or bothasar_p ongs a frame, and is on top of newpage, there will be a decree ONGtext.

But SilentBot doesn't have this rule. Because the automomes are not generated when sending the post but earlier.
BSTA

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:04 pm UTC

Ah, interesting! So SilentBot did accidentally a mome! Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:28 pm UTC

I did not get to see the skycircle alignment due to unmolpish weather conditions. :(
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Link

KETCHUPPING IS HARD, LET'S GO BLINDPOSTING.

Postby Link » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:47 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I did not get to see the skycircle alignment due to unmolpish weather conditions. :(

We had a grand total of about 10 mNP of skysickle Time here. Unmolpish indeed.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:44 pm UTC

BlitzGirl! Glad to see you're still alive!

he/him/his

Eternal Density

THE KETCHUP NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAY.

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:19 pm UTC

Link wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:I did not get to see the skycircle alignment due to unmolpish weather conditions. :(

We had a grand total of about 10 mNP of skysickle Time here. Unmolpish indeed.

I did not know about ut, but it probably wasn't in my hemisphere at all, maybe.
Neil_Boekend wrote:BlitzGirl! Glad to see you're still alive!
Hip-hip hooray!

january1may

Postby january1may » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:21 pm UTC

*starting transmission from the past*

Hello, I'm a blitzer.
Right.
The date in the Present is the 25th of Advent
Yeah, that feels about right
I'm blitzing through NP267
That should be it, yes
and we're preparing for the Timeniversary.
Not that I noticed, but yes, only a few dips left really.
Also, the Reckoning is coming just a few dips later.
Furious Doodling
Furious what? I don't understand you.
The Madness, obviously.
That's what I said.
Okay.
In any case, the Madness is so close; why you didn't post earlier?
Well, I was reading some Worm fanfics...
What's a Worm fanfic?
A fanfic about Worm, obviously.
So it's like a Harry Potter fanfic, or a Naruto fanfic, except instead of Harry Potter or Naruto, it's about some story involving worms?
Well, I don't think it actually involves any worms, but yes, this basically.
I don't think that makes any sense, but whatever.
So, what I've been saying is that I was reading some Worm fanfics -
- about some story that doesn't have anything to do with worms -
- yeah, about that story, and also playing a bit of Q04B on the side -
...um, did you mean that 6-by-6 version of 2048 with funny-colored tiles?
Wait, where did you get that idea? That's not what it is at all!
Um, from the mr0b site maybe?
What's with all the mr0b business anyway? It's not like xe's suddenly going to appear in the Present or anything...
I mean, xe kind of would, no? Xe's currently blitzing - somewhere in the 1430s, I think - and only reacts to mentions of xer name...
Wait, since when xe's blitzing? Xe passed the 1740s ages ago, and had been in the Present for mips now!
...I think something's off here. That's not what I remember.
In any case, what are you waiting for?
Well, the mysteryONGs, mostly.
What's a mysteryONG?
Um, t1i - the ongoing series...
The ongoing series is BFTF... wait, t1i - wouldn't that be the SilentONGs?
I can't see how did BTTF get in there - considering it's not even 2015 yet -
- I respectfully disagree on that -
- and, well, why would anyone call them silent?
Nobody's calling them silent. They're named for their author, SilentTimer.
Oh, that xuy. I don't really follow the Present news much. I'm a blitzer.
Then go blitzing.
Can't you see? I've got exams. I'm a bit busy.
Everyone's got exams.
I know.
In any case, we've got temporal communication here. I can afford to wait a few wips. (Or a few mips, for that matter.)
Then, goodbye!
Goodbye! Until we meet again!

*finishing transmission from the past*

Um, sorry.

What just happened is, I planned to do something big to correspond with my 100th OTT post; I also wanted it to happen (almost) exactly one yip after my previous blitz report, and as such intended for the big thing to be itself a blitz report (which would also have meant a return to blitzing).
However, I got distracted by loads of various stuff (including, yes, exams, as well as quite a lot of Worm fanfic), and at the last moment realized that my next blitzing stretch is supposed to have been a relatively long one (at least a dozen NPs, IIRC), which I have no way to make so quickly.
Besides, it's not immediately obvious that this is my 100th OTT post (well it is now that I had said it, but still not that obvious); and of course by OTTish "standards" there are only ten (well, now nine) posts to go until the big round-number anniversary (which I hope I'll remember, and not waste on some random WI comment).
So the blitz report will come later (perhaps after, but probably more likely during, the Madness).

On the Worm fanfics...
I don't really remember what specifically brought me to them again, a few mips ago (on second thought, I do remember - the Worm Loops, which I found by searching for other fics in the Infinite Loops setting).
Originally, I've seen a few offhand mentions on the OTT; I've checked out the story on TV Tropes, and decided that I don't particularly want to read something that starts out depressing and doesn't really get better.
I've also seen a few offhand mentions on AH.com, most of them along the lines of "SpaceBattles is absolutely full of that stuff"; I didn't react much (and I don't even remember it much, actually).
Then, as I've said, a few mips ago I finally found the fanfics - which turned out to be surprisingly funny. First the Loops one, then Security, then (that happened another couple mips later) the other stuff by the guy who wrote Security. Then a few others. Then I found the Fanfic Recs page on TV Tropes, and it become even more serious-er.
A few dips ago, while reading yet another fanfic on Sufficient Velocity, I noticed that one of the commenters had used the word "molpish".
"Wait", thought I, "I'm pretty sure I've never seen that word anywhere not related to the OTT." So I checked out the commenter - who, incidentally, turned out to be the author of the fanfic (even cooler).
As some of you might have already guessed, that was Hotdog Vendor. (I highly suspect, though I am not entirely sure, that xe is the same as Eternal Density.)
I also immediately checked several other Worm fanfics xe wrote; some of them were even better.
...Um, I don't know how to put it properly, but, um, thanks, Hotdog Vendor, for all these cool Worm fanfics, and for perhaps introducing some SB and/or SV members to the coolness that is the OTT?

Okay. This probably rambled a bit. I really didn't intend for that passage to get that long, but I needed to tell it while I still remembered.
For that matter, there's likely dozens of other subjects I wanted to mention, but forgot. Well, at least now I have eight more posts (perhaps less, depending on how the What-Ifs go, but probably eight) left to mention them in :D

(And, um, thank everyone for the OTT?)

(I did see the skysemicircle, by the way.)

By the way, the new bftf!ONG, because I don't think anyone posted it yet:
Spoiler:

I'm assuming xe (she?) is wondering what the m*stard does an otter (of the water-molpy kind) need a hat for.
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

HES

Postby HES » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:22 pm UTC

Marsh'n wrote:
  • HES,...: Welcome to the OTT!

Hi! Did we meet IRL before we met IBL? (In BLitz)

ETA:
He/Him/His Image

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0743

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:00 pm UTC

HOW AWESOMEFUL IS IT, REALLY, TO BE ON A CASTRAFTLE DURUNG A BLUEHANCEMENTSTORM? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… Cueganzzle?
Spoiler:
The chirpies and the molpy on the rock did.

balthasar_s

Re: TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0743

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:42 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:HOW AWESOMEFUL IS IT, REALLY, TO BE ON A CASTRAFTLE DURUNG A BLUEHANCEMENTSTORM? -- ongomome
I was making a manip based on this UNGtext but Gimp just crashed and I lost it.

After SilentBot learned how to edit, the next one will be lmjbot.

ETA: The ONGing bots can now edit too.

mrob27

DON'T *BRADVA* ME BECAUSE I'M RAPTORISH

Postby mrob27 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:03 pm UTC

ggh and Eternal Density wrote: How do you say a robot like Mrorl?

Many a post you know you'd like to edit.
Many a post could use an A or I.
But how do you make it fair?
BOTTeriada has some spare.
How do you steal from sweet oversupply?

How do you tell this tale without tongue tie?

Image That's a ch*rping good question, and you can blame Stanisław Lem for the univowelity. Mrorl is my OTTification of "Trurl", one of the characters in Lem's Cyberiada, and Balthacarius is the OTTification of the other main character, Klapaucius. I did check with @balthasar_s to choose names that sorta-kinda made sense in Polish, because my writing is meant to be as much an OTTification as a tribute to Lem's work.

SBN wrote:In the meantime, here's Smallest Wolpy getting stronger.

Neil wrote:_Boekend: I want a wolpy but I don't want to leave them alone for 9-10 hours a dip.

Actually I'd say from the picture that the wolpy's dip is only about 9 or 10 inches /diːp/ ...vitssågen

BlitzGirl wrote:
mrob27 wrote: Clearly it was the hat-sharpening effect ("enHATSment"? :P) that got switched off.

I would punsaw this but it's just so OTTish that I don't want to. Image Enhatsment!

Maybe you should deputize some molpies ... Image ... I seem to be getting a bit out of line. :?

SBN wrote: I can come home for lunch, but it seems to work better when I don't.

I found the same thing with my little wolpy. I wrote software to listen to his barks and count the barks (well, actually integrate the high-frequency sound energy over time) and discovered that he had an abandonment barking pattern, which lasted only a few minips after any stimulas (mainly me leaving, but also other people or dogs going by). But your wolpies may vary.

Yeah, we used Teraks too. That's the system we had for our my systems programming course, (interrupt-drive I/O and other real-time kernel programming, in PDP-11 assembly language). I wrote a really fast Conway's Game of Life program for the Terak. It calculated a word full of cells in parallel by using bitwise operations.

Eternal Density wrote:
Link wrote: We had a grand total of about 10 mNP of skysickle Time here. Unmolpish indeed.

I did not know about ut, but it probably wasn't in my hemisphere at all, maybe.

Solar eclipse of March 20, 2015
  You had to be in Europe or Greenland to see a lot. Iceland, Ireland and Scotland got the most.

Wow, hello @january1may! Glad to see you!
  I switched to the present because of the Tymiversary, and again later because of all the Q04B activity, and recently for OTTercon, and I forget, something else. By the way, my bot notices "Q04B" now, so you might want to type "QØ4B" or something :wink:

mrob27 Image

HOW EPSILONISH IS IT, REALLY,
TO BE AT A TIENISO DURING A ᓭᘖᔭᓄᐨFLOOD?

Spoiler:
Smallest_wolpy.jpg
much more reasonably-sized picture of a wolpy receiving physical therapy
Smallest_wolpy.jpg (32.15 KiB) Viewed 33286 times
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Eternal Density

Trying to figure out Time-based superpowers...

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:50 pm UTC

january1may wrote:Well, I was reading some Worm fanfics...
What's a Worm fanfic?
A fanfic about Worm, obviously.
Ohh, I wonder if...
january1may wrote:On the Worm fanfics...
I don't really remember what specifically brought me to them again, a few mips ago (on second thought, I do remember - the Worm Loops, which I found by searching for other fics in the Infinite Loops setting).
Originally, I've seen a few offhand mentions on the OTT; I've checked out the story on TV Tropes, and decided that I don't particularly want to read something that starts out depressing and doesn't really get better.
I've also seen a few offhand mentions on AH.com, most of them along the lines of "SpaceBattles is absolutely full of that stuff"; I didn't react much (and I don't even remember it much, actually).
Then, as I've said, a few mips ago I finally found the fanfics - which turned out to be surprisingly funny. First the Loops one, then Security, then (that happened another couple mips later) the other stuff by the guy who wrote Security. Then a few others. Then I found the Fanfic Recs page on TV Tropes, and it become even more serious-er.
A few dips ago, while reading yet another fanfic on Sufficient Velocity, I noticed that one of the commenters had used the word "molpish".
"Wait", thought I, "I'm pretty sure I've never seen that word anywhere not related to the OTT." So I checked out the commenter - who, incidentally, turned out to be the author of the fanfic (even cooler).
Oooooh, I see where this is going...
january1may wrote:As some of you might have already guessed, that was Hotdog Vendor. (I highly suspect, though I am not entirely sure, that xe is the same as Eternal Density.)
I also immediately checked several other Worm fanfics xe wrote; some of them were even better.
...Um, I don't know how to put it properly, but, um, thanks, Hotdog Vendor, for all these cool Worm fanfics, and for perhaps introducing some SB and/or SV members to the coolness that is the OTT?
Yay! An OTTer reading and appreciating my Wormfics :D Thanks for sharing that, it gives me molpish feelings. Glad to be of service!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0744

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:00 am UTC

THESE AREN'T THE PRICKLYMOLPS YOU'RE ENHANCUNG FOR -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the sree?
Spoiler:
… the fleeing molpy?
Spoiler:
Its tail is still sticking out of the bush on the left.

ggh

Re: Vital Hotdog Function covers The Sound of Music

Postby ggh » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:57 am UTC

I love this NP! I got put in a smiley by BlitzGirl via balthafly! I ottified a song with ED! I got tongue from jimbobmacdoodle!

Smallest wolpy is kicking ass like a canine version of Rocky (6?), Marsh'n is blitzing like a Loony Tunes version of... shoot, I shouldn't have started that phrase if I didn't know how to end it - is it good enough to say I enjoyed it heaps? and january1may is back with a great internal dialogue that gives me a chance to use svenman's cool new word, as soon as I look up how to spell it again. Edit: dyschronodogrammatical! As in, I think the post was even more enjoyable due to the minor dizziness that such conversations inflict on us dyschronodogrammatical OTTers.

I'm afraid of losing this post on this leopad, so I'll hit submit, and then edit in more stuff. In the meantime, enjoy this
ONG!
Spoiler:

ETA:
SBN wrote:The latest Othercomic seems pretty OTTifiable for those with that kind of skill.
Happy 1800th, SBN! Yikes though: that stupid Othercomic kept me up late learning about things that gave me the heebeejeebees. Would not click again.

Hiya NoMouse! Treeish OTColoured!

ETA2: I suspect I had no chance to see this eclipse, so thanks HES for the lovely photos!

balthasar_s wrote:
SilentTimer wrote:HOW AWESOMEFUL IS IT, REALLY, TO BE ON A CASTRAFTLE DURUNG A BLUEHANCEMENTSTORM? -- ongomome
I was making a manip based on this UNGtext but Gimp just crashed and I lost it.

After SilentBot learned how to edit, the next one will be lmjbot.

ETA3: The ONGing bots can now edit too.

Funny, that's what I thought too when I read that UNGtext - wouldn't it be cool to see that! Sad I can't see what was in your head.
Great work on the new bot skills! I too think it's sad when I see a bunch of bot posts and no OTTers, but I don't want the bots to post any less, that's for sure. The ONGs are the ONGs, and I want as much of that as I can get! Such a Treeish telling, and that same sense of disorientation as the original, where I really don't understand what kind of world I'm seeing into. SilentBot's UNGs are revealing all sorts of Treeish details we missed the first time around. I'm wishing more and more for a handy flipbook of t1i, and also regretting that I didn't molpyhunt more during the first viewing. To be honest, the posting of bOTTeriada doesn't even feel like a bot to me; I have no sense of its timing and I just read it like any other bit of serialized fiction we post here. And randompixbot, sweet randompixbot, soft-spoken daughter of newpixbot - her occasional posts are like the comfortable Time family pictures hanging on the walls of our NewPages. I don't always follow the links, but I always get a little smile from those posts. I think if the ratio is off, we just need more OTTerness.

ETA4: nothing to see here. I'm having problems with math.
Agatha the Awesomeful

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0745

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:00 am UTC

THE ANTEPUNGOAT. IT WORKS, CH*RPIES. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the rock?
Spoiler:
… the stretcher?
Spoiler:
addams did.
ggh and SilentTimer explained it.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:32 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:BlitzGirl! Glad to see you're still alive!
Hip-hip hooray!
Yippee! Image

january1may wrote:Besides, it's not immediately obvious that this is my 100th OTT post (well it is now that I had said it, but still not that obvious).

Well, you should have an obvious cake anyway:
Spoiler:
Congrats!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:43 am UTC

I recreated it.
Redundant
Spoiler:
castbluestorm.png

bftf-0746
21 Mar 2015, 8:03 UTC
HOW LONG COULD A RECENT ORANGUMOLP ENHANCE IN THE BOTCASTLE? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
-- posted by bothasar_p

ETA: When the bot edits a post, the attachments that were in it are lost. Should I disable bot editing until I know what to do with it?

ETA: But When I edit after the bot, the attachment becomes unlost?? What are you doing, phpBB?

ETA: When you edit a post, on the edit page you see a list of your attachments. What you don't see is a list of hidden input fields

<input type="hidden" name="attachment_data[0][attach_id]" value="48054" /><input type="hidden" name="attachment_data[0][is_orphan]" value="0" /><input type="hidden" name="attachment_data[0][attach_comment]" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="attachment_data[0][real_filename]" value="castbluestorm.png" />
They have to be sent back otherwise phpBB gets lost.

I don't know when I have time for this.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0746

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:00 am UTC

BE VEWY VEWY AWEFUWSOME, I'M HUNTUNG BEESNAKES -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the molpy?
Spoiler:
It's still in the bush (now on the right), hiding from Cueganzzle.
… the author of these ONGs? And the frames beyond the SpoilerVision?
Spoiler:
azule did – in the same post where he illustrated the romantic aspects of t1i-0448. (Warning: NSFW!)

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”