1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ggh

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ggh » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:07 am UTC

HOW AWESOMEFUL IS IT, REALLY, TO BE ON A CASTRAFTLE DURUNG A BLUEHANCEMENTSTORM? -- ongomome

balthasar_s wrote:I recreated it.

Pretty awesomeful indeed!

Edit: Yay! Vatican milliner's favourite customer! Give your body a present - maybe ask for a massage or give yourself an extra half hour of sleep, or somesuch.

Also, SilentTimer, is that molpy a house mouse? It looks too cute to be anything else....
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

HES

Postby HES » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:19 am UTC

Unfortunately our clocks are destined to do the opposite next wipend
He/Him/His Image

DrSamCarter

Postby DrSamCarter » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:52 am UTC

HES wrote:Unfortunately our clocks are destined to do the opposite next wipend

Whereas ours will soon do the opposite of the opposite. I'd better find out when.

A massage AND extra sleep would be good. Unfortunately I am temporarily* temporally challenged. I need more Time. We'd all love more Time. In the meanTIme we are also thankful for the good Time and other types of Timeishness we've had since Time *nded.

I guess we just continue to

Spoiler:
Wait for it.

* oh, I HOPE it's only temporary.

svenman

Postby svenman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:08 pm UTC

I recently came across othercomic 755 and suddenly it was floodishly clear to me what I had to do.

Not quite redundant
Spoiler:
0755_interdisciplinary.png
Apologies to Sustainabilizer.
0755_interdisciplinary.png (60 KiB) Viewed 29300 times
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0747

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

I'M GOUNG TO ONG OTTIFICATIONS LIKE I'VE NEVER ONG'D OTTIFICATIONS BEFORE. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the grapevine?
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot Image

ETA:
ggh wrote:HOW AWESOMEFUL IS IT, REALLY, TO BE ON A CASTRAFTLE DURUNG A BLUEHANCEMENTSTORM? -- ongomome

Pretty awesomeful indeed!

Indeed.

However: Don't eat the plants! They are blue!

ggh wrote:Also, SilentTimer, is that molpy a house mouse? It looks too cute to be anything else....

Yeah! Image (A yellow-necked mouse, to be precise.)
Er… you seem to know everything.
Are you Ms. Frizzle?

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0748

NO MOLPIES WERE HARMED IN THE MAKUNG OF THIS MEME. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the Beanie on the stretcher?
Spoiler:
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

balthasar_s

Re: TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0747

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:08 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:Er… you seem to know everything.
Are you Ms. Frizzle?

She is! The hair is blue!

SilentTimer wrote:TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0748

Mustard! It was supposed to be:
TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0748
21 Mar 2015, 17:00 UTc

I forgot to copy one line in post.awk and the post time was lost. It's now fixed.

ETA:
mrob27 wrote: That's a ch*rping good question, and you can blame Stanisław Lem for the univowelity. Mrorl is my OTTification of "Trurl", one of the characters in Lem's Cyberiada, and Balthacarius is the OTTification of the other main character, Klapaucius. I did check with @balthasar_s to choose names that sorta-kinda made sense in Polish, because my writing is meant to be as much an OTTification as a tribute to Lem's work.
It's still not easy to read in Polish. Polish has this property that if you see how a word is written then you know how to read it. So at least I know how it should sound. But it doesn't mean that it will be easy to read. At least for me. But I don't pronounce the polish "r" properly.
When talking with mrob about the names I forgot to notice that Balthacarius has 4 syllables while the original has 3.

How do you pronounce "mrob"? On the conference I noticed that everyone else was pronouncing mrob differently than I did. And not only mrob, but also other OTTer names, for example ucim.

They pronounced my name differently than I usually do. I stressed the second syllable. Because in Polish most of the words have the second from last syllable stressed. They stressed the first. The last time I heard my name pronounced like that was when I was 7.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Eternal Density

Molpishness is RELATED

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:10 pm UTC

Off the the waterpark with family!
Related because... it should be molpish? And water.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:26 pm UTC

Ooh, I think the Madness has started. Looking at the last page, I saw a big laughing smiley for yappo, SBN's avatar is yappo's smiley, and Marsh'n was something too, maybe SBN. Now, they've reverted except for SBN's. Methinks it would be a good time for an Intro to Mirror 101 course. I confess, I'm hoping to enjoy the mods' shenanigans, but I realize that they're not for everyone, so let's get together now on how we get the best of both worlds. :)

ONG!
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment ...again.
In the basement?
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:48 pm UTC

Wow it really doesn't seem that long ago since the last Madness! Time is raptorish (it flies).
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

I bought LEGO.

Postby HES » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:52 pm UTC

They all look fine to me, but it is due. Maybe some pre-madness shenanigans?
He/Him/His Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:18 pm UTC

Maybe something's epsilon with my leopad. I see this:
image.jpg
Corrupt cache, I guess. On the plus side, I just learned how to take a screenshot. :) I wish i had captured the one by yappo - dunno where it came from. It was a bit jarring.
Agatha the Awesomeful

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0750

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 am UTC

ALL YOUR OTTSCARS ARE BELUNG TO THE GLR -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the flymolps?

Help addams!

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:01 am UTC

strange. All seems normal to me, but I have to admit I'm a bit excited by whatever they do end up doing. Some website goofery should be an entertaining change, and I feel like we're sustainable enough what with the mirrors that people who don't like it don't have to deal with it.

previewedit: so that's where the OTTscars have been.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

HES

Postby HES » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:36 am UTC

mscha wrote:</basement>Wowterful, ggh!<basement>

ETA: for old Time's sake:

300 Image

Holpy molpy. 135.55... now coma
He/Him/His Image

ggh

Re: TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0747

Postby ggh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:05 am UTC

SilentTimer wrote:

However: Don't eat the plants! They are blue!
hmm, does that mean I can make tequila from them?

SilentTimer wrote:
ggh wrote:Also, SilentTimer, is that molpy a house mouse? It looks too cute to be anything else....

Yeah! Image (A yellow-necked mouse, to be precise.)
*looks up yellow-necked mouse* *finds they are larger with bigger ears* Ah, perfect! Size and ear size both seemed a bit off to me when I guessed house mouse.

May edit in more....

Yup, ETA:
balthasar_s wrote:
mrob27 wrote: That's a ch*rping good question, and you can blame Stanisław Lem for the univowelity. Mrorl is my OTTification of "Trurl", one of the characters in Lem's Cyberiada, and Balthacarius is the OTTification of the other main character, Klapaucius. I did check with @balthasar_s to choose names that sorta-kinda made sense in Polish, because my writing is meant to be as much an OTTification as a tribute to Lem's work.
It's still not easy to read in Polish. Polish has this property that if you see how a word is written then you know how to read it. So at least I know how it should sound. But it doesn't mean that it will be easy to read. At least for me. But I don't pronounce the polish "r" properly.
When talking with mrob about the names I forgot to notice that Balthacarius has 4 syllables while the original has 3.

How do you pronounce "mrob"? On the conference I noticed that everyone else was pronouncing mrob differently than I did. And not only mrob, but also other OTTer names, for example ucim.

They pronounced my name differently than I usually do. I stressed the second syllable. Because in Polish most of the words have the second from last syllable stressed. They stressed the first. The last time I heard my name pronounced like that was when I was 7.
Wow, what a kind and gentle way of saying that we're pronouncing your name wrong. :) I too have been putting the accent on the wrong syllable. I'm trying to do it correctly now, but I'm not sure if I am. b'lTHAZer? b'lTHAHsar? I guess I'll hear it when the conference video comes out. (Or you could make us another film :) ) Gee, I wonder what the implications are for the hybrids like balthabiker.... I pronounce the others, em-rob and you-sim (or hoe-zay).

Baobabs, HES, that's really quick for that puzzle!
Agatha the Awesomeful

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1811

Postby mscha » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:00 am UTC

GRONGER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:LOLI LOEV ROT13

-- posted by randompixbot

AluisioASG

‮Re: 1190: "Time"‬

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:27 am UTC

No one ever complained about attachments not working on my mirror :(
Last edited by AluisioASG on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:31 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

addams

Postby addams » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:28 am UTC

Hell-o Time;
I'm so glad you are still here.

You are like having a Large Loose Knit Family....
On a different Planet, circling a different Star.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:26 am UTC

addams wrote:You are like having a Large Loose Knit Family....

That is so charmingly true!

This is just a quickie to say I'm still here; many things I want to reply to but they'll have to wait for reketchup. Just from recent memory, I had put the accent on the first syllable of Balthasar. I pronounce my username "oo-chihm" (like the serbo-croat word for "I teach" and "I learn"; you have to imagine the twiddledee on the c) and my own name (in English) as "hoe-zay" or (in Spanish) as "hoh-seh" When macraw83 Gloriously Entered into the Present, I did learn that I was mispronouncing that one too. I imagined "mack-raw", but it is correctly pronounced as in the AotC, the seeking left as an exercise to the reader. :)

I think I found myself in the GGOM (ggh giant OTTer mashup), but the Pope I found could also be suitable for the original. I have a list of my own found OTTers but it's not handy right now. The puzzle is on my to-do list; I suspect people are doing it in the basement.

At mrob's request I have altered the Ecclesiastical calendar to use GET rather than POST; as a result when you click on the form to get a calendar, it will supply a reusable and editable URL so you don't have to go through the form every time. (You can even leave the last part out... the part with the "&submit=submit") The Second Scribe has yet to enter the latest BlitzDixen however. I'll have to pelt her into submission. Wait for it.

Awesomeful blut lighting balty, and I'm following the rest of the baltOngs with great anticipation! And steakish new balthacarias epicsodes mrob!

There's a song up there I haven't been able to listen to yet; it's also on my "It list". So, there will be much joyous first-commandmenting. (I feel like a Ginsu knife commercial!)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0751

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:00 am UTC

I'M IN UR NINJA, MUSTARDUNG UR OUTSIDE -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the seaish tree?

Help addams!

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:11 am UTC

the mrONGbdex story continues.

Code: Select all

"I am not any replica-Mrorl from a machine! I'm the real Mrorl -- I built that bot only to find out what you've been making lately in your workshops here, behind drawn curtains. I made that wish-granting bot and hid inside it, and had it bring itself to you pretending to be a gift!"
   "Come now, that's ridiculous!" said Balthacarius, pouring the little candies into a hopper. "Mrorl may be clever, but there's no way he'd know all the little things I'd ask for during my work session today."
   "He cer-- I mean, *I* certainly did! You go on and on about your famous colour palettes, and your choice of components is a bit limited, though precise and exacting. I had all of those ready inside the bot's belly, and there are quite a few more bits that you didn't ask for, which you'll see if you examine it!"
   "Are you trying to tell me that my friend and bot-building companion Mrorl is nothing more than a spy? A plagiarising pretender to his title of Great bOTTifactor to the dominion of Zubycal? You insult him! Take *that!*"
   And once again he pressed the little button labeled "S^{2}M^{2}", letting the Skittles and Smarties and M&&Ms fly.
   "*That's* for slandering my good friend Mrorl!" and he watched Mrorl helplessly take the full rainbow of percussive confectionary, until gradually he appeared to be clad not in stainless steel but in a thick crust of sugar.
   After a bit the ceiling and wall turrets stopped, and Balthacarius switched off the main guns. "Now I'll be off to my storehouse out back for some more ammo. But don't you worry, I'll be back..." And he left back up the stairs, and down a hall. As soon as Mrorl heard the house's back door slam he writhed and twisted, which had no visible effect, then began transmitting sound, radio, and gravitodynamic vibrations on many different frequencies, until he managed to trip a relay in the control panel and depower the magnets, setting him free. Mrorl crept back inside his machine which promptly went back out the front door and galloped off across the valley towards home. Balthacarius meanwhile was up by an upstairs window, watching all of this via security cameras and stifling his own laughter so as not to be heard.
   The next day he went to pay Mrorl a visit. It was a gloomy and silent Mrorl that let him in. Balthacarius could see that Mrorl still bore the marks of a thorough pelting. Though the fora showed that he had gone to some trouble during the night retro-editing his posts (to molpify the more egregious instances of *duck*, *frog* and so on), the bOTTifactor's skin still had little bits of candy in the deeper seams and around most of the structural bolts.

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

ETA:
ggh wrote:Wow, what a kind and gentle way of saying that we're pronouncing your name wrong. :) I too have been putting the accent on the wrong syllable.
I'm not saying it's wrong. That's how almost everybody pronounced it when I was living in Germany. It's even written how it's written in German. So it's normal that people pronounce it like in German. In Polish it's written Baltazar. I'm okay with people accenting the first syllable. And it's probably easier for English speakers. It's just that it's a long time since I heard it.

Also, it WHYDTM,T?:
"[...], We will follow one ot them, Balthasar, and watch him drown deeper and deeper into the madness of Time. [...]"

ggh wrote:Gee, I wonder what the implications are for the hybrids like balthabiker....
No implications. These are English (and OTTish) newwords so they should be pronounced to sound correctly in English (and OTTish). In Polish newwords you would move the accent to the second from last syllable.

AluisioASG wrote:No one ever complained about attachments not working on my mirror :(

I did. More than once.

I pronounce my username "oo-chihm"
So I think I pronounced it correctly. Or almost correctly. What kind of "ch" is it? I pronounced it like the polish "ć".

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

bftf-0748

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:00 am UTC

I'M IN YR BLITZYCLE, DEMUSTARDONG YR STEAKISHNESS -- ongomome
Spoiler:
-- posted by lmjbot

mrob27

VARBAL KANGAMOLPIES ARE *SUPERIOR*

Postby mrob27 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:17 am UTC

ggh wrote:I'm wishing more and more for a handy flipbook of t1i

Oh, that would be good. I'll start looking at how to add t1i to the replay viewer. As you may recall, it is set to automatically ONG frames at 1-yip anniversaries, so it will soon springnpir..v back to life for the 2d Timeiversary.
  But due to the overlapping nature (a part of t1i was being ONGd 1 yip after a part of Time) I will probably need to extend the viewer's user interface a bit.

To be honest, the posting of bOTTeriada doesn't even feel like a bot to me; I have no sense of its timing and I just read it like any other bit of serialized fiction we post here.

I think that's mostly because it's all-new content. If bOTTeriada were to be re-posted in the future, the denizens of our afterwhen, i.e. our future selves, may perceive it as being more bottish (as distinct from bOTTish).

balthasar_s wrote:When talking with mrob about the names I forgot to notice that Balthacarius has 4 syllables while the original has 3.

Uhhh... oops. I hope five isn't right out... because I pronounce it with five syllables /ˌbôl⋅θəˈsä⋅ri⋅əs/, approximately...
How do you pronounce "mrob"?

By those who gave the name to me, it was pronounced /ˈemˌräb/, that is, like the way Americans say the name of the letter "M" followed by "rob". But when I pronounce words like mrobly, mrobolpies, or mrobdex I usually drop that initial /e/ to combine the two syllables together (/mräb/), thus: /ˈmräbˌlē/, /mräbˈōlˌpēz/, /ˈmräbˌdeks/. I would guess that is a little closer to how @balthasar_s says it (places and people with names starting in "mr", like Mroczek, Mróz, Mrożek, Mrocza, seem to be pronounced that way.)

AluisioASG wrote:No one ever complained about attachments not working on my mirror :(

Every time I have checked, including right now, contingency.chirpingmustard.com is a fairly simple page telling me that The Raftcastle is currently offline.
  There was that time recently when you suggested we could help you test safira. I couldn't figure out what the user name and password was supposed to be, so I asked by PM. Your reply was a riddle that I could not solve. I gave up. :(

mrob27 Image

YOU HAVE BRADVAK MOST OF A RIVERISH MOLPANZEE.
PLEASE PICK YOUR BOTCASTLES WITH GREATER CARE.

npir..v(no pun intended, really! ... [cue incoming vitssågen-molpies])
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

balthasar_s

Re: VARBAL KANGAMOLPIES ARE *SUPERIOR*

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:26 am UTC

mrob27 wrote: I would guess that is a little closer to how @balthasar_s says it

Yes, but I quickly switched to how others were saying it.

Every time I have checked, including right now, contingency.chirpingmustard.com is a fairly simple page telling me that The Raftcastle is currently offline.

http://1.mirror.chirpingmustard.com
BFTF replay
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

Cloudy_the_Conqueror

Postby Cloudy_the_Conqueror » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:45 am UTC

Spoiler:

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0752

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:00 am UTC

I WAITED HALF A MINIP FOR ONE UNGING PIXEL. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the Zombeanie?
Spoiler:
… the molpy?
Spoiler:
Maybe addams did.
(There's one in the bush.)

Help addams!

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:04 am UTC

you people have made up your own language.

the hell.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:08 am UTC

Balthasar, from now on my inner voice will read your name correctly, with the accent on the second-last syllable. :)
Spoiler:
Then another inner voice jumps in: But it's written the German way, so the correct pronunciation is on the first syllable. This triggers an **dless discussion between my inner voices. Maybe I should just look at the glyphes.

svenman wrote:Image

Yeah! :) I like it very much. Thank you!
Spoiler:
I must find a way to smuggle this into the conference proceedings.

addams wrote:You are like having a Large Loose Knit Family....

So far away.
Answers take a lifetime.
Use proper time?

ETA: Welcome forward, suffer-cait! :)
I hope you enjoyed your cake.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:34 am UTC

http://mrob.com/time/automome/ott-snowclones.txt wrote:

Code: Select all

# 20150312: Add the Balthasar version of *AUFGEMOLPT* as an intransitive verb; move some of the regexes up to the first regex section.
# 20150315: Add ENAP. Add words inspired by @ucim:
#   adjective: HIERBAN/NIEHIERBANAL/NOOTAHIERBANAL/NIETHA
#   adjective-negative: HIERBAN, VARBA
#   character: TANTAM, VRATHNA, NOOTANO
#   interjection: HALA, KEIPU
#   noun-mineral: GLIE/GLEI, KANA
#   noun-mass-neg: HANIAM
#   noun-mass-pos: KALINIAM
#   noun-singular-neg: VREMKA
#   preposition: COSI
#   noun-unique: RHETHATM
#   place: TIENISO, VRATHKALICHI
#   verb-tr: BRADVA/BRADVAII/BRADVAK
#            BRADVAKEL/BRADVA/BRADVAK/VARBRADVAKI/NUVI BRADVAII
And I thought that this is some kind of puzzle. I don't think I will add it. Too confusing for me.
BFTF replay

SilentTimer

t1i – The Recursive Story

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:00 pm UTC

One year ago, SilentTimer wrote:

*** STARTING THOUGHT TRANSMISSION FROM THE PAST ***

March 2014.

Cueganzzle are crossing the plain.
With trees.
And other plants.
And molpies.
And lots of mustard.

They are crossing the whole plain now, almost running, so I must draw everything now. A new background every two frames.

Oof.

Hopefully I can relax a little when they will be heading back to the bluecave. Back from their current destination which is :shock: the forest!
Spoiler:
The forest.
Immediately after “They are in a resolution between that of the landing scene and that of the bulk of Time. Hopefully this will make it easy to scale The Fourty up and down to match it.” SilentTimer wrote: Hmm… it is not easy to scale The Fourty, including Cuegan, to match the resolution of the forest. I need to get out of the forest as soon as possible!
And now I'm back there. Image
Dozens of Cueganzzles to draw. All in that resolution.

*sigh*

*draws*

Okay. Image is telling her story.

It's a complicated story.
Image wrote:We were five. We discovered this cave with those remarkably deformed plants in front of it.

Two of us went into the cave, just a few steps. Then they felt bad. They became ill. Nausea.

They recovered, and we continued with our work. But some days later, the nausea came back to one of them. I did what I could, but I couldn't save him. He died. We buried him in front of the cave which has killed him.

Then the nausea came back to the other one who was in the cave. He felt that he would die, too.

He decided to go back into the cave, as deep as possible, to find out as much as possible about that weird place. He went in, took a lot of notes, and even made some drawings.

But on the way out he collapsed, just a few steps before the exit. We could see him, but we knew that we could not reach him without sharing his fate.

We left that place, to share our findings with our colleagues, and to discuss how to proceed.

We returned with special equipment to save the remains of our friend. And his notes.

His notes. His final gift.

Her drawing style is different from GLR's one, but all characters, including herself, must remain recognisable. I must preserve GLR's achievement that most Beanies look alike at first view, but they are in fact distinguishable individuals.

Let's try …

*draws*

From right to left: Beardo, BrokenBean, BuriedBean, Ms. Frizzle, BraveBean.
(In fact they didn't have names, back then.)

Megan wrote:Neat.
Yeah, that will do.

The landscape is the same as in the long pan. It should be recognisable.

The raptor² is hunting beesnakes, but it also enriches Ms. Frizzle's drawings by adumbrating a raptor¹ flying over the trees¹.

Hmm … Cuegan just sitting there is not realistic. They'll comment on what they see. (Fortunately, Ms. Frizzle is fully concentrated on drawing, so she doesn't say any comments in Beanish.)

Also, this is a good opportunity to show what La Petite is doing in the meantime. (Fortunately I know how long hair looks like when it's wet.)

*draws*

Okay.

That's it for today. Tomorrow there'll be one of my favourite frames – a scene which sums up pretty well what's going on.

Good night.

*** END OF THOUGHT TRANSMISSION FROM THE PAST ***

The Making Of t1i
previous chapternext chapter
Last edited by SilentTimer on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Help addams!

Sustainabilizer

Re: t1i – The Recursive Story

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:19 pm UTC

Happy 1000000000, SilentTimer! Image

I didn't find appropriate cake, but maybe you like cheese?
Spoiler:
Blue-cave aged cheese?
Is that a drawing of a slope on that cheese?
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:31 pm UTC

suffer-cait wrote:you people have made up your own language.

the hell.

Also, if you look at the top of NP (page) 2256, there's a big picture you can look for your avatar in. :)

Speaking of which:
ucim wrote:I think I found myself in the GGOM (ggh giant OTTer mashup), but the Pope I found could also be suitable for the original. I have a list of my own found OTTers but it's not handy right now. The puzzle is on my to-do list; I suspect people are doing it in the basement.
You have found yourself, therefore you must keep looking for yourself.

I was thinking that maybe I should start a wiki page on found OTTers and OTTerphernalia as they are discovered. Should I? And if so, where should I locate this page? Artwork? Games?

ETA: baobabs, Sustainabilizer, your cheese takes the cake!

AmazONG:
Spoiler:
Pretty sure some of my friends are saying that too.

ETA2: and I just noticed that SBN has gone back to being a wolpy for me.

and he watched Mrorl helplessly take the full rainbow of percussive confectionary
:)
Last edited by ggh on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:15 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Agatha the Awesomeful

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0753

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

IF WE MAKE IT BACK ALIVE, YOU'RE NEVER KETCHUPPUNG ANYTHING AGAIN. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the new scene?

Help addams!

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Re: bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:09 pm UTC

the mrONGbdex story wrote:Zubycal

rot13 wrote:Mholpny

I guess Zbycl didn't have enough vowels.

Ah, I see it was first mentioned here.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:59 pm UTC

[s]mrob27[/s] balthasar_s wrote: So I think I pronounced it correctly. Or almost correctly. What kind of "ch" is it? I pronounced it like the polish "ć".
I use the 'ch' in 'chair', but more correctly it is the 'c with a whatever' that is in the Serbo-Croatian word for "I teach" or "I learn", for which I don't have an easy way to type. Somebody who speaks Serbo-Croat could say better what it's supposed to sound like.

But in any case most of the pronounciation is in my mind anyway. I don't think anybody has called me that out loud. :)

mrob27 wrote:
ggh wrote:To be honest, the posting of bOTTeriada doesn't even feel like a bot to me; I have no sense of its timing and I just read it like any other bit of serialized fiction we post here.
I think that's mostly because it's all-new content.
I think that's it right there.

ggh wrote:You have found yourself, therefore you must keep looking for yourself.
Touché.

Jose
edit to correct quote attribution, and to discover that, mustardly, strikeouts are not allowed in quote attributions.
Last edited by ucim on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:08 pm UTC

[/basement]

Hello up there!
Two things:
  1. Epilogue mustard! Not sure what's going on. I blame increased solar activity.
  2. Not really RELATED, but: https://youtu.be/feR12pQ8dXc

[basement]
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:24 pm UTC

Hi Mscha! Interesting how there's still epilogue mustard.
Attachments
cakeong.png
http://xkcd.mscha.org/viewer/17

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:10 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:And if you do math, you don't say you're doing maths... oh wait. :lol:

ETA = Edited To Add

azule wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:here's a distribution map Google found for me:

That appears to be highly political in distribution. Do the trees have voting rights?

I suggest we leave politics out of this, seems to drive some people barking mad. Soon someone's being called a sap and someone else is being called shady and someone fires up their chainsaw and CUTS THE FOREST TO THE GROUND...

What was I talking about?

(I actually like trees. Please don't chainsaw them. Unless they're being obnoxiously political.)

I couldn't let this one go... BlitzGirl? Chainsaw? Er... didn't you just make at least three puns in that?
IS THIS HOW IT ALL BEGINS?

Just sayin'.

ETADPBYXAPTF1:
jetpac wrote:
HES wrote:[quotes BG above]
yeah, but, er, mathematics has an "s" on the end. You don't do mathematic. Anyway, a language doesn't have to be consistent to be correct :wink:

Good thing, too, since English is about as far from consistent as a language could be.

Or maybe as far from consistent as a mashup of multiple language families could be?

1 Er, big? No: Edit To Avoid Double Post But You Xuys Are Posting Too Fast
Last edited by Marsh'n on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ergman

just incase it wasn't him...

Postby ergman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:16 pm UTC

oh, there was a mscha post and now there aint. it just said "deleted." Probably I should say anything, since he deleted it for a reason likely.
ignore this.

[deleted]

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:19 pm UTC

Not only it said deleted but there was also a "last edited at ..." - it means that there was another post after it. and then the first post was edited, and then the second one deleted. and then the first one deleted.

I do things like that when testing bots.

Is mscha testing bots?
BFTF replay

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”