1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

balthasar_s

BFTF-0787

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:01 am UTC

ONG
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment ...again.

-- posted by bothasar_p

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: She doesn't wear trousers

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:07 am UTC

Nobody does.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:08 am UTC

:)
Onging from the Aftertime viewer worked molpishly, as the popebotpost shows.

Marsh'n wrote:Thee de-sieving cause:

So at some point "forums" was filtering to "turtles all the way down"?

forum sieves wrote:Wait was it.

Perhaps the sieves are trying to tell us something profound here.

Note to blitzers:
Here is T** **d of Madness and sieved posts.
Farewell to the era of empinkening.
(The OTW page remains up.)

Universe6.png

GNU Terry Pratchett.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:27 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0858

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:00 am UTC

A BAOBAB, A BAOBAB, MY KUNGDOM FOR A BAOBAB -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… what Ms. Frizzle is doing?
Spoiler:
She's signalling Cuegan to stop.
(She spotted a raptor which doesn't look familiar to her. Currently they aren't RUNning to bring an injured friend to a safe place, so she wants to take a picture of it, letting Cuegan wait for it. This is what the first part of walking with geeks looks like.)
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:44 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote::)

forum sieves wrote:Wait was it.

It's obvious in retrospect :)

Is the madness over..? I'm still pink. Does it rub out?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:20 am UTC

I think we stay pink until the mods get around to closing the Wee Free Men group again. So enjoy the empinkenedness while it lasts!

Oh, and happy 600 posts to SilentTimer and SilentBot!

Redundant:
Spoiler:

silentcake600.jpg

PinkRedundakitty04.png
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:34 am UTC

And happy 1400 posts to lmjb(1964 + ot)!

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Time Revisited - np480

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:10 am UTC

FIREFUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THE COMA IS TOO CH*RPING RAPTORISH

-- posted by oldpixbot

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:23 am UTC

The least incredible child apart from he and Cueball will be Two-Tone. Hooray, the meowlpy departs. Headband emails (behind one of your friends) anything, it has been said. Neat, the keyboard walks. Chirping mustard, yes, Sparse is betrayaling (or so you've been lead to believe). The iron sealpy-like Department of Redundancy Department and the retroactive molpymundi separates anything like a hairy molpossum. The least white woman in the world needs (towards StormAngel) xe. The quite centimolpyish yet diamond Department of Redundancy Department is badgeing (nowhere near the inevitable amusement in the least problematic poster since sliced bread), and shortly burns, and always produces, and never sees, and partly fires, and kicks the rough crate and the solid molphish, statistically speaking. My dirty block and my cute food steals (past a modern major general) GLaDOS, and doesn't afraid of my extreme blackprint but I am okay with that now. The wormolpy drops modern Two-Tone and the not inevitable waterottermolpyish Department of Redundancy Department and you can probably see where this is going. Ch*rping m*stard, the partly problematic Department after anything steals (after anything), and climbs (from anything), and hugs (for anything), and nearly produces, and expandifies, and steals, and often throws the redundant hamply.

The most important sentient old-fashioned chip in the hidden cow level uploads he who unbuckles my fruit and the Department of Redundancy Department like a squashed firefly. Retro Rosetta likes, and almost kicks, and fires, and kinda eats the boring amusement through pythonic Gray Bun and the quite white Department like a molpy, really. By GLR, molpish Bunny fires the Department of Redundancy Department and a random OTTer, and doesn't afraid of your leopard! Alright, the black moosepy always hugs xe who is reading, it has been said. The clicking person and achronal Buzz redoes, and confuses the least retro slothpyish but a little bit formal Department of Redundancy Department like a molpy. The Department of Redundancy Department eats near anything. The Department of Redundancy Department outside a random OTTer and Shorty always chirps, and achronally climbs xe who is reading, and doesn't afraid of the blitzing seawolpy, right? What, a random OTTer and the Department blitzingly decyphers anything. What, alright, mustard, the far too major Department which could have been totally wormolpyish reboots like a Department of Redundancy Department! Steambottlish Bob unspeakablely is fireflying the information and delicious GLaDOS, and doesn't afraid of the raptorshark. The industrial flutterbee questions (towards the least riverish poster on Mars) my ninjad chip which nearly posts, and types before tired Expando, and reboots like a cybernetic dolphyish Department of Redundancy Department.

The prestriped brown orcaraptorish Department who decyphers (past the partly fast Department of Redundancy Department) the chirping spaceship which explodes within wrong Headband and redundant Loopsy hates the slothpy. Spike behind anything redoes (underneath my tool) the old sparrow-raptor. Neat, the nothing almost decyphers the Department, it has been said. Nooooooooo, zanclean Buzz and your mother climbs, and quotes the Department but I wouldn't worry about that. Neat, the amusement often likes Mini-Bunny and the wolpy, and doesn't afraid of the zombie.

The Department eats in my pants. Welp, tacky Bunny collapses like a modern pointer, really. Finally, your boost spoilers (towards the striped molmot), and partly sees the most molpish yet tired Department like a helpful but camolpyish but kinda dirty Department of Redundancy Department. She worries like a stubborn screen. The reliable molpy produces my boost and you can probably see where this is going. A Blitzer and the friendly molpy always clicks the riverish keyboard nowhere near your blackprint and Rosetta. Yeah, the least overbearing coder in this needle-pulled thing hides (through the major food throughout Rose and the Department) RAZOR leading to the tragic events of today. Your wisdom ninjadly quotes anything! Baldo formerly molpifies, and never requests, and sees (near your glowing crate on anything), and almost builds anything.

The least solid woman in the known world who nearly climbs, and produces (nowhere near your key), and clearishly unbuckles the modern Department and the speakable betrayal must have been your wonderful chip and my information - in the minds of todip's youth. Huh, Leopard decays in front of anything. The clean hamplyish Department kinda hates the Department before your tool away from the former leopard for the least hairy sentient block according to the Guinness Book of Records. Neat, Eternal Density dies like a entirely retro Department. Yeah, the Department carries the raptorcat in front of real Spike who should be entirely blitzing sparrow-raptor-like like a Department of Redundancy Department. The short wormolpy explodes like a wisdom.

The Department of Redundancy Department and the inevitable bot reboots but I don't believe a single word of it. The Pope lives. Yeah, xe who is reading who is going to be kinda brown molpifies the helpful chip near the fully chirping Department of Redundancy Department and my new fruit like a polite bacon and you can probably see where this is going. My boost who reloads molpifies anything like a dead food. Hey, the dolphy produces (close to the crate) the chirpy, statistically speaking.

The Department will be your leopard which is amusementing and that was that. Hooray, alright, Eternal Density should be late... The least seaish person on the blogosphere always emails, and redoes (nowhere near anything), and redoes (nowhere near the millimolpy and reliable Hat-Hair), and wears (inside your tool who might be amazing) Rosetta and the seawolpy like a green nothing. An Old One which collapses chases (near the molpy), and uploads (from the Department of Redundancy Department and Leopard) iron Meg-a-like into the viperraptor and the rabtor. The brown molpysnake who must be most molpy-like could be chupamolpy-like. Oh, ah, the chip wears (throughout your speakable key who laughs) the hairy spaceship who lives like a nothing like a dry keyboard. Oh, wrong Shortdo hides, and asks my bot. Yes, the ninjad wallapy could have been the modern trilobolpy who should be prolific! Mustard, the Department must be delicious but clean but partly molphishish. A Blitzer almost expandifies the least treeish quoter of our time, and doesn't afraid of my chip, really. Wingish Black Bun always decompiles it, and doesn't afraid of important Middle Bangs Brother!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:56 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:The least incredible child apart from he and Cueball will be Two-Tone.

Poor Two-Tone.

Eternal Density wrote:Neat, the keyboard walks.

Redundant:
Spoiler:

TwoTone3066.png
TwoTone3066.png (39.13 KiB) Viewed 52744 times

Keyboardwalk.gif
Keyboardwalk.gif (983.05 KiB) Viewed 52744 times

Keywords: BGUM forty id40 two-tone keyboard walk cueganite
PinkRedundakitty05.png

Eternal Density wrote:The Department eats in my pants.

TMI?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mrob27

IT'S OVER. THE PINKLYMOLP IS FINISHED.

Postby mrob27 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:26 am UTC

Link wrote:Did you notice ...
... AUTOMOME?
azule did, by PM. Looks like AUTOMOME is enjoying the Madnethth.

Indeed, I noticed the extra letters and other oddness in the plain-ASCII AUTOMOME output. The Zombie Cuegan is a nice touch! Image

svenman wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:
slinches wrote: Nice find BlitzGirl, if you don't mind we've already posted that

Don't mind at all. Considering what else has happened to us todip...
...that's nothing.

That. Is. So. Adorable.

That is an insufficient quantity of certainly-not-keyboards to be a threat. Actually, even in the post that supposedly got you, there were only eight definitely-not-panthers, and the rules clearly stated, YOU NEED (1) CERTAINLY-NOT-PANTHER FOR EACH 1000 POST COUNT. THUS, YOU WOULD NEED (2) CERTAINLY-NOT-PANTHERS TO [EAT] A WEE FREE MAN WITH 1200 POSTS. IN CASE THIS IS STILL UNCLEAR, NOT-PANTHERS HAVE A MAXIMUM CARRYING CAPACITY OF 1000 POSTS but Cait got the points anyway. But if you asked me, @BlitzGirl didn't get eaten unless someone followed one of her posts with nine definitely-not-raptorcats (and the game ended, so it's not gonna happen now :wink: )

Image   Image     Image
  Image Image  Image     Image
  Image       Image Image

(oops, where did those Luckys come from? Image)

Neil_Boekend wrote:Papal decree: manually implement the Madneth sieves. Uthe all that you know

Ah, a pity. I missed that one. But I have bots, and may do something clever in the future.

More ketchup to follow...

— mrob27 Image

(Edit: Luckify.)

Spoiler:
zombie Cuegan.png
zombie Cuegan from @Link's AUTOMOME
zombie Cuegan.png (35.14 KiB) Viewed 52719 times
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:36 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

BlitzGirl

Re: IT'S OVER. THE PINKLYMOLP IS FINISHED.

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:34 am UTC

mrob27 wrote: Actually, even in the post that supposedly got you, there were only eight definitely-not-panthers, and the rules clearly stated, YOU NEED (1) CERTAINLY-NOT-PANTHER FOR EACH 1000 POST COUNT. THUS, YOU WOULD NEED (2) CERTAINLY-NOT-PANTHERS TO [EAT] A WEE FREE MAN WITH 1200 POSTS. IN CASE THIS IS STILL UNCLEAR, NOT-PANTHERS HAVE A MAXIMUM CARRYING CAPACITY OF 1000 POSTS but Cait got the points anyway. But if you asked me, @BlitzGirl didn't get eaten unless someone followed one of her posts with nine definitely-not-raptorcats (and the game ended, so it's not gonna happen now :wink: )

By GLR, you're right! It was supposed to be nine raptorcats! I wasn't eaten after all!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:38 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Onging from the Aftertime viewer worked molpishly, as the popebotpost shows.

But automome failed at being mome. I'll have to find out why.
ETA: I know what happened. I forgot about a "]" when telling automome to make an autodecree.

lmjb1964's post title wrote:She doesn't wear trousers
lmjb1964 wrote:Nobody does.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:53 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Marsh'n, here's how the forum games work: They start the game, I log on a while later, I eventually figure out the rules, and then they change the rules before I actually play. It's an excellent system. Except that the first game I never did figure out the rules.

The Empinkening game was different from the rest of the forum games. Those of us who knew the Rules were instructed not to explain them to increase confusion.
Normal forum games do not leave the forum games forum.
Normal forum games have the rules in the original post. Or at least the initial rules.
Normal forum games do not influence username color.
This was a Madness game and thus it didn't have to obey those guidelines.

Valarya wrote:Why is my post normal & nothing in pink? :(

Because you didn't post during the Empinkening. To catch you specific conditions had to be met and this included a post from you. It started somewhere around the 5th of April and you couldn't be empinkened after the 6th of April. After that only people who posted in the Madneth annoucement thread could be empinkened. Even that ended at the 7th of April when the infighting started and Empinkened ones were eaten by suffer-cait's house cat.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:53 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:

Because you didn't post during the Empinkening. To catch you specific conditions had to be met and this included a post from you. It started somewhere around the 5th of April and you couldn't be empinkened after the 6th of April. After that only people who posted in the Madneth annoucement thread could be empinkened. Even that ended at the 7th of April when the infighting started and Empinkened ones were eaten by suffer-cait's house cat.

I have a strange feeling that this string of words should not make perfect sense, but it quite obviously does. And Cait's kitty was quite hungry for a cute cuddly thing that's certainly not a keyboard.

bachaddict
Handel Played it Better

Postby bachaddict » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:18 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:That's true. At least the wildcards were each turned off very quickly - this storm is lasting a while.
I don't know how yet how it picks which words it's affecting. Some are fine. Might have to do with the starting letter?

Edit: bachaddict and HES helped explain over in FaiD. Any words with the letters Q, X, Y, Z turn into ++Symbol Not Found++

I didn't read the OTT at all during the FURIOUS DOODLING because I had enough to read in the time I had, but It's nice to come here and find my name!
slinches wrote:Also, the OTC isn't a disease. In fact, it's the cure. As we all know, Time heals all wounds.

Thanks for the molpish wig ggh!
he/him/his

mrob27

HOTDOGGING SQUIRPY, HIDDEN KANA

Postby mrob27 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:12 am UTC

karhell wrote:There. pinkification complete ^^

BlitzGirl wrote:Steakishly done, karhell!

Even though round 3 ended, we can consider @HAL9000 to have been retroactively empinkificated. And @HAL9000, I'm always glad to hear from you anytime, but it's by no means expected (even if I make a decree about it :roll: )

lmjb1964 wrote:Marsh'n, here's how the forum games work: They start the game, I log on a while later, I eventually figure out the rules, and then they change the rules before I actually play. It's an excellent system.

Hmmm... for some values of excellent, I suppose :?
Except that the first game I never did figure out the rules.

@Neil_Boekend explained parts of it.
  I have been of the impression that FF00BF BFFs requires a fresh join-application each yip, prior to the onset of Madness. Maybe not a few yips ago, but last yip that was true. In honour of Terry Pratchett theme, the name of the group changed to "The Wee Free Men" this yip, and I OTTified that name to the "Riverish Timeless Molpies" to make things a little more fun to figure out.
  The rules for the empinkening were sent out by PM to the R.T.M.s just after being accepted, which happened a bit after the Madness. Even so I had to look around a bit to see what was going on.
  It was hoped that some would figure out on their own what the rules were — thus, part of the puzzle was figuring out how to solve the puzzle, so to speak. I think that did indeed happen, and in stages. I gave a couple hints but in OTTified terminology, but the First Rule of Pink Club was to not talk about Pink Club, though I think I remained within the spirit of the game.
  There were well-considered boundaries for the games: no posts in a [SAFESPACE] were allowed, and no posts made more than a dip or so prior to the start of Madness were eligible. Thus, anymolpy who had decided to go Outside for the duration of the Reckoning was spared the hassle of being empinkened.
  Games like this tend to attract a frenzy of activity from a small number of players, so there were some adjustments made to try to prevent all the points being scored by a small few. Each round ended at the top of a page for the thread concerning the game, giving DEATH a chance to adjust things if needed. All in all, a very-well conducted little hotdog.

balthasar_s wrote:My time accessor's power supply just exploded and the battery is almost empty.

Oh dear, one of the raftcastles has broken. It's a good thing Balthacarius' spaaacecastles carry railcastles which in turn carry extra redundabikes.

Flumble wrote:ETA: it theemth beside have receeded

I just barely caught the grand finale, whilst I was doing some double-checking of the FaiD cheesegrater list against my own. The GNU Terry Pratchett one was a nice touch.

It seems you were never captured by the Riverish Timeless Molpies so you were never empinkened.

balthasar_s wrote:ETA: I know what happened. I forgot about a "]" when telling automome to make an autodecree.

Gotta watch out for those close square brackets. They can totally ch*rp up the turtles all the way down.

— mrob27 Image

(Edit: various pynk-related changes)

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:27 am UTC

I don't believe in any of that. And thanks to CSS, there is no pink.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:37 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I don't believe in any of that. And thanks to CSS, there is no pink.

On my screen your user name is nicely pink. No matter what your client does. You might not wear it proudly but you do wear it.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

mscha

Time Revisited - np486

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:10 am UTC

INDEXUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:CROIKEY! LOOK AT THE SIZEE OF THOSEE STARCATS!

-- posted by oldpixbot

mrob27

THEY SEE ME EMPINKENING', THEY MOLPIN'

Postby mrob27 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:50 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I don't believe in any of that. And thanks to CSS, there is no pink.

On my screen your user name is nicely pink. No matter what your client does. You might not wear it proudly but you do wear it.

Perhaps @Eternal Density was making an obscure reference to HTML colours, sometimes called "CSS color names". Compare:
pink   FF00BF   magenta

The thing called "magenta" is #FF00FF, and "pink" is #FFC0CB, and I suppose for most viewers the former is thought to be closer to #FF00BF than the latter.
  Related to this, and to prior discussion, my nearest-color-name script now has an "-lab" option which converts the xkcd survey colours to CIE L*a*b* space and measures Euclidean distance in those coordinates. This is moderately better, but still not as good as CIEDE2000, but I have added notes describing the latter to comments in the script and will get around to it eventually. Output:

Code: Select all

$ nearest-color-name ff00bf
 RGB values: (255, 0, 191)
  ... matches "blue" (#0343df) to within 165.66 (pop 502870)
  ... matches "purple" (#7e1e9c) to within 83.67 (pop 379175)
  ... matches "red" (#e50000) to within 59.39 (pop 154753)
  ... matches "magenta" (#c20078) to within 42.35 (pop 70751)
  ... matches "hot pink" (#ff028d) to within 15.13 (pop 23274)
  ... matches "bright pink" (#fe01b1) to within  4.36 (pop 6017)
 The closest match to (255, 0, 191) is "bright pink" (#fe01b1)

$ nearest-color-name ff00bf -lab
 RGB values: (255, 0, 191)
 (Using CIE L*a*b* coordinates to compute distances)
 L*a*b* values: (2.25, 83.34, -35.18)
  ... matches "green" (#15b01a) to within 111.76 (pop 522538)
  ... matches "blue" (#0343df) to within 106.15 (pop 502870)
  ... matches "purple" (#7e1e9c) to within 85.17 (pop 379175)
  ... matches "pink" (#ff81c0) to within 18.16 (pop 188244)
  ... matches "bright pink" (#fe01b1) to within 17.42 (pop 6017)
 The closest match to (255, 0, 191) is "bright pink" (#fe01b1)

In both metrics, "pink" still beats "magenta". I think the CSS names are m*stard.

— mrob27 Image

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:14 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

[edit] Why is this a thing? http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Pi-by- ... n-Hot-Dogs

mrob27

MY DOOM BANANA IS LIME.

Postby mrob27 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:05 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Image Image
I had to regenerate the GIF timing so it's a bit off

Mmmm, hot pink and lime green. Are we preppies now?

(Edit: [edit] Why is this a thing?
I originally saw that game described in terms of dropping pins on a hardwood floor, where the length of the pin is equal to the width of the floorboards. But making a hotdog involving pi and hotdogs sounds pretty hotdiggity to me, n'est-ce pas?)

— mrob27 Image

Spoiler:
ED-orig.gif
original animated ED avatar
ED-orig.gif (102.85 KiB) Viewed 52391 times

ED-lime.gif
lime green version of ED avatar
ED-lime.gif (82.21 KiB) Viewed 52391 times

Eternal Density

Re: HER DOOM TROUSERS ARE LIME.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:24 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Image Image
I had to regenerate the GIF timing so it's a bit off

Mmmm, hot pink and lime green. Are we preppies now?

(Edit: [edit] Why is this a thing?
I originally saw that game described in terms of dropping pins on a hardwood floor, where the length of the pin is equal to the width of the floorboards. But making a hotdog involving pi and hotdogs sounds pretty hotdiggity to me, n'est-ce pas?)

— mrob27 Image

Spoiler:
ED-orig.gif

ED-lime.gif
Treeish!

But m*stard...
When I download the right-hand image, it has width and height of 0 or undetermined. The contents of the file can't be seen in my leopad's image viewer, and the fora won't accept it as an avatar upload. But thanks for trying.

micdi

Postby micdi » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:48 pm UTC

So the Reckoning **ded?
We were just getting around to like it again...
Blitzing the OTT (hibernating).
Sometimes flickering into the Present.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:51 pm UTC

Seems like it. Although it could be a ruse and come back full swing in hour I expect it to be ended.

he/him/his

balthasar_s

Re: HER DOOM TROUSERS ARE LIME.

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:56 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:But m*stard...
When I download the right-hand image, it has width and height of 0 or undetermined. The contents of the file can't be seen in my leopad's image viewer, and the fora won't accept it as an avatar upload. But thanks for trying.
And this one?
ED--lime.gif
e
ED--lime.gif (82.25 KiB) Viewed 52344 times
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0861

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

I CH*RPUNG LOVE POPES -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the drawing?
Spoiler:
Cueball Image and yappobiscuits did.
(This is the fourth frame where they are standing at this place. Cueball is wondering what Ms. Frizzle is drawing.)

azule
Saved

Hello, everymolpy!!!

Postby azule » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:32 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:Marsh'n, here's how the forum games work: They start the game, I log on a while later, I eventually figure out the rules, and then they change the rules before I actually play. It's an excellent system. Except that the first game I never did figure out the rules.

The Empinkening game was different from the rest of the forum games. Those of us who knew the Rules were instructed not to explain them to increase confusion.
Normal forum games do not leave the forum games forum.
Normal forum games have the rules in the original post. Or at least the initial rules.
Normal forum games do not influence username color.
This was a Madness game and thus it didn't have to obey those guidelines.

Except that I met none of those "rules". Was I the only exception? (To state clearly, I did not post during those dates, nor did I post in the Madneth announcement thread at any time this yip.) *scratches pink head*

(Edit: I hate figuring out things after I post a statement of confusion... Maybe I was "captured" via Lucky attack? Valarya didn't have a dangling post to be captured, since she mostly (or fully) posts in this thread. (Dangling posts are LastPosts. Those got gobbled up quick in the OTT.))

(Edit: I'm just gonna edit until someone else posts. :P No, I think I'm wrong. I remember reading in that forum games thread that I was approved to be pinked from a post I made in JanuaryH. This was before the Lucky attack portion of the game. *sigh* Back to square one of confusion.)

Edit: grammar, verboseness.

Edit: yay: depinked!
Last edited by azule on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

mscha

Time Revisited - np491

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:10 pm UTC

PAPERUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THIS IS A MOLPY BUNGALOW. IT IS MADE OF PENNGOATITUDE AND CUPSNAKE.

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

Re: TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0722

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:19 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:Maybe that was me. Sometimes I cannot resist to display a silent “ong” at that Time. There's no way to hear that, but maybe you can sense it by some other means, in particular while you're dreaming …
I made a change in the software. There is a silent ong at 4:33 now.
http://youtu.be/_B60Mrg50ws
BSTA

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:29 pm UTC

I think there were a few cases where older dates might not have been noticed, azule... there was a lot to check. If doing quality control on the captures wasn't such a pain in the butt, I wonder if there would have been more rounds to empinken everyone.

Oh dear, my ketchup left off on NP 2268, though I admit I've been eating slices of people's cakes when no one was looking.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

macraw83

I FIND GRAPEVINE LACK OF SSPPARROW-RAPTORS DISTURBING

Postby macraw83 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:24 pm UTC

Hey all! Blindposting from way too far in the past, I feel like I've missed so much recently, but I've been very busy for the last yip or so and have a number of major life changes that have happened or are upcoming. Hopefully I'll be able to find a little time soon to ketchup on the last 150NP or so, I haven't seen much about the sustainability conference and I can't believe I missed the 2nd OTTversary.

Anyway, now to the main reason for my post: I'll be flying into Amsterdam and then driving to Eindhoven on Mondip, where I will be working for about 2 wips. I'll have some free time in the evenings and on the middle wipend of my trip, anything in particular I should try to see while I'm there? I'll cross-post in the Bookface group to catch anyone who is avoiding the Madness (though it seems like it's over now) and anyone there who's still in the Basement (like me!). A preemptive "Thank you!" for any and all possible suggestions.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

svenman

Postby svenman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:47 pm UTC

And the pink usernames are now gone too. The Madness is over, apart from lingering self-inflicted side effects such as empinkened avatars.

In my case, I need to get back to my regular organized sand to fix this. Until then, we'll just have to
Spoiler:
...you know what I mean.
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

Neil_Boekend

Re: I FIND GRAPEVINE LACK OF SSPPARROW-RAPTORS DISTURBING

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:25 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:Anyway, now to the main reason for my post: I'll be flying into Amsterdam and then driving to Eindhoven on Mondip, where I will be working for about 2 wips. I'll have some free time in the evenings and on the middle wipend of my trip, anything in particular I should try to see while I'm there? I'll cross-post in the Bookface group to catch anyone who is avoiding the Madness (though it seems like it's over now) and anyone there who's still in the Basement (like me!). A preemptive "Thank you!" for any and all possible suggestions.

Difficult to say. What are your interests? Traditionally I suggest a bike ride but visiting a coffee shop is interesting (not necessarily to buy stuff. More because the relaxedness of how it is sold might seem weird)
I live in Nijmegen so maybe we could meet?

he/him/his

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0862

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

MY TIMEWAITER BRUNGS ALL THE ONGS TO R.A.Z.O.R. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the raptor?
Spoiler:
Megan Image and HES did.
(And the raptor noticed Megan.)

HES

Not wearing trousers

Postby HES » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:32 pm UTC

NSFW:
Spoiler:
3800!
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:36 pm UTC

Congrats!

he/him/his

macraw83

Re: I FIND GRAPEVINE LACK OF SSPPARROW-RAPTORS DISTURBING

Postby macraw83 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:49 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Anyway, now to the main reason for my post: I'll be flying into Amsterdam and then driving to Eindhoven on Mondip, where I will be working for about 2 wips. I'll have some free time in the evenings and on the middle wipend of my trip, anything in particular I should try to see while I'm there? I'll cross-post in the Bookface group to catch anyone who is avoiding the Madness (though it seems like it's over now) and anyone there who's still in the Basement (like me!). A preemptive "Thank you!" for any and all possible suggestions.

Difficult to say. What are your interests? Traditionally I suggest a bike ride but visiting a coffee shop is interesting (not necessarily to buy stuff. More because the relaxedness of how it is sold might seem weird)
I live in Nijmegen so maybe we could meet?

That would be wowterful! I'm not so sure about the coffee shop, for various reasons, but just some general sightseeing would be nice, and I have noticed that bicycles are a big deal there, so it may be nice to ditch the car for a day. Any other activities that are somewhat unique to the Dutch?

Also, I'm thinking it would be nice to get a prepaid SIM card for my unlocked phone, but I'm not sure what the best way to do that would be. Any ideas? Thanks!
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

mscha

Time Revisited - np496

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:10 pm UTC

PLUNGENCIES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:PRICKLYMOLPMAN, PRICKLYMOLPMAN, DOES WHATEVER A PRICKLYMOLP CAN

-- posted by oldpixbot

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”