1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sciscitor

Re: ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: OTTIFY BLITZGIRL

Postby Sciscitor » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:01 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:I've had an avatar since shortly after xkcd 1047 came out (in 2012), so there should definitely be something at …/Time/api/avatar/img/232629. What is that server for and how did it get set up? Why does it have just an IP address and no hostname? Perhaps something to do with a bookmarklet that may or may not relate in some way to @Sciscitor's Constellations of Time?

Strange... the avatars are in the Database and they are available as files on the server... why some of them are displayed and others are not is a bit of a mystery to me right now. I am investigating.

Ok, seems that there ARE some avatars missing. As you can see, the Database has collected the data http://178.79.159.24/Time/api/avatar/json/mrob27/ but there is no file for it. Investigating further...

For some reason two directories on the server have not been synced properly. I tried to correct that. If there are still problems, please let me know.

For decree: Enjoy the summer/wintertime (according to your place on earth) and share your favorite strategies for coping with the heat/cold.
Last edited by Sciscitor on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:33 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2869

Postby mscha » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:10 pm UTC

COATUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:VERY IMPORTANT FOR TAIXZO TO MEMEIFY XIM NEATNESS

-- posted by oldpixbot

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:41 pm UTC

Neil, in another thread wrote:Then again, I am experienced in Waiting for it.

A though struck me whilst reading this, that we aren't really that well versed in waiting at all. We hardly had to wait for anything, a newpix came every single newpix. Real waiters wait for things that never come.

Excuse me while I settle into a comfy chair, with a bowl of S&Ms, and load up Half Life 3...
He/Him/His Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:31 pm UTC

We always waited for it.
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Link

Re: AH, CURSE YOUR SUDDEN BUT ENDISH THWAPSTICK!

Postby Link » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:37 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote: YO WAWLPY, I HEARD YOU LIKE MOLPHINS SO WE PUT SOME MOLPHINS IN YOUR SOME MOLPHINS SO YOU CAN CHEW BEESNAKES WHILE YOU CHEW BEESNAKES

I think the extra SOME is a bug in @Link's version of AUTOMOME.
Image Thanks. Hotfixed in the web version, and a proper m*stardfix will be in the next release.

Neil_Boekend wrote:I am all for this. I don't like FaceBug but I can understand why people use it. To Read It All™ I would have to start facebugging but that would mean allowing the FaceBug scripts EVERYWHERE and that means being traced all over the web. That is currently not what I want (Hence my use of NoScript). A non-facebug place where I could go to to read the parts that I miss would be brililous.
Image All of this!

mrob27

_MY LITTLE MOLPY: CH*RPITUDE IS MOLPISH_

Postby mrob27 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:07 pm UTC

Affording to the FB terms, "You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, …" and give them a non-exclusive license to make it available to others. So I think they shouldn't have a problem with it being copied to another place that is kept private among a group, if that is done with mutual consent of everyone whose posts are being copied, and if the content is cut-and-pasted manually.
  However the same agreements (which apply to anyone who accesses FB ragardless of whether that is done whilst logged into a FB account) also state You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Facebook, using automated means… so I'm afraid the balthabots will have to stay away :(

HES wrote:I've turned off images to stealth-OTT at work, and holy molpy this thread looks different.

Did it look kind of like this?

Code: Select all

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
 [OTT:2344:36|#p3828981] :
 Hexapedal Telempathic Redundakitties by #Eternal Density# >> 20150717.1128 UT\
 C = newpix 20384.47
 "the Mind Glow of Schrödinger's Gingercat"

Funny thing, the term Mind Glow is a reference to the Treecats in David Weber\
 's Honorverse novels, so that makes sense.

[OTT:2344:37|#p3829008] :
 Re: 1190: "Time" by #ZoomanSP# >> 20150717.1240 UTC = newpix 20385.67
 [New``OtherComic|http://xkcd.com/1552/]. $RELATED$ to the current discussion \
 about -books. On topic, I second [karhell|#p3828958] here.

[OTT:2344:38|#p3829011] :
 Re: 1190: "Time" by #HES# >> 20150717.1251 UTC = newpix 20385.86
 I've turned off images to stealth-OTT at work, and holy molpy this thread loo\
 ks different.
 #getem# finished at 20150717.10:08:30, OTT:2344:38
  Uncomressed HTML is 311.2 MiB

— mrob27 Image

TRILOMEG SIGCOURAGEMENT MROBDEX … DOT CHIRPING MUSTARD DOT COM.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

balthasar_s

Re: _MY LITTLE MOLPY: CH*RPITUDE IS MOLPISH_

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:31 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Affording to the FB terms, [...] You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Facebook, using automated means… so I'm afraid the balthabots will have to stay away :(

I should have re-read this.

Also the fake "OTTers Without Facebug" account is against the rules and can be banned at any time.

I wonder:
If the bot doesn't download anything, but I see the pages in a browser, that's still kind of automated (you only click the links, a browser does the rest automatically) but not against the rules, apparently, otherwise facebug would not be usable at all.

Then I can save the page manually and the bot will process it further. That's not against the rules, the bot does not collect the data, the user and the browser does.

I can write an userscript that will export the page automatically and send it to 1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info (is that possible?)
The content will still be accessed manually from the browser, it will only be automatically exported.
That's not against the rules, right?

If then at least one OTTer on Facebug uses the userscript when reading I can still do it.

That user wil have to be someone else, not me.
I'm going to leave Facebug soon.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:33 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:  However the same agreements (which apply to anyone who accesses FB ragardless of whether that is done whilst logged into a FB account) also state You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Facebook, using automated means… so I'm afraid the balthabots will have to stay away :(

That's only true if you care about holding to the Bookface's terms of service which, in my opinion, is much less important than whether the group's participants welcome that use.

ETA: I just refuse to respect "terms of service" that restrict what a user can do with their own data while that company is gathering and abusing as much personal info they can get their hands on.
Last edited by slinches on Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:46 pm UTC

slinches wrote:That's only true if you care about holding to the Bookface's terms of service which, in my opinion, is much less important than whether the group's participants welcome that use.

There is another side of this.
What if I not only set up the bots but also make the source code available?
Like I did with the mirror.

I make most of my code available to everyone else.
I like when my code can be useful for others.

If I do this then maybe others can use it for their FB groups.

But when the bots are against the rules, then by making them publicly availble,
I'm encouraging everyone else to break the rules.

I don't want a Facebook to get mad at me because of this.
That would be unmolpish.
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:00 pm UTC

What can FB really do besides detecting the bots and banning user accounts? At most they could request that you take down the "offending" code, but since it isn't illegal to write a bot there's no obligation to comply.

Still, I understand if you'd rather not open yourself up to the ire of a multi-billion dollar corporation. It just irks me that they they can bully people with non-negotiable "contracts" and threats of legal action.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:05 pm UTC

slinches wrote:What can FB really do besides detecting the bots and banning user accounts? At most they could request that you take down the "offending" code, but since it isn't illegal to write a bot there's no obligation to comply.

Yes, also if the "offending" code has already spread it can't be stopped.
BSTA

mscha

Time Revisited - np2872

Postby mscha » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:10 pm UTC

KUNGSBURG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A MOLPY

-- posted by oldpixbot

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:44 pm UTC

AUTOMOME wrote: YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A MOLPY

Yes I would, Automome. In fact, I'd download sequences of 12 of them plus a couple of grapevines in quick succession with a very repetitious melody playing in the background. And maybe a snake or wowtree or two thrown in for good measure.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2873

Postby mscha » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 pm UTC

SIFTUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by balthasar_s.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:CUPSNAKE 2: ELECTRIC BAGALOO

-- posted by oldpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:12 pm UTC

slinches wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote: YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A MOLPY

Yes I would, Automome. In fact, I'd download sequences of 12 of them plus a couple of grapevines in quick succession with a very repetitious melody playing in the background. And maybe a snake or wowtree or two thrown in for good measure.

:D
In RELATED news, I'm currently trying to upload sequences of molpies (flutterbees, to be precise) in order to generate a treenot even asking for 7, I'd already be happy with 4.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

AK49BWL

Postby AK49BWL » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:12 pm UTC

I must admit to being truly in awe of the fact that Time continues to be a thing that is happening.
Follower of the One True Comic

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:37 pm UTC

AK49BWL wrote:I must admit to being truly in awe of the fact that Time continues to be a thing that is happening.
Welcome back! Molpish to see you! Pull up a chair (not the comfy chair though, unless you want to get pelted with chocolate!) and join in the awefulsomeness! Something certainly struck a chord; there was even a conference out in Germany pertaining to just what it might have been. But in any case, you were a part of it, and we'd love you to continue to.

HES wrote:A though struck me whilst reading this...
Striking an OTTer? Heresy! Throw the thought in the comfy chair! Bring the cauldron of hot chocolate!
HES wrote:Real waiters wait for things that never come.
Like good tips? Movie parts? :)

balthasar_s wrote:On the OTT facebouk redundancy group I posted [a proposal to make their conversations available by password to other OTTers]
That would be totally wowfulsome! Re: the resulting discussion:

I have no respect whatsoever for Facebook and its policies. It has been aggressively intruding on people's privacy since its inception (including the privacy of those that are not even members of Facebook, through its address book abuses). However I have very high regard for the people that are members of Facebook, misguided though they may be. :) Facebook's policy of not allowing others to scrape its data is reasonable and expected. I have a similar policy in my own sites. Websites should not be allowing others to promulgate abuses on their membership (despite any abuses they themselves may visit upon their membership). However, if a Facebook member were to set a flag in their profile somewhere (any agreed-upon text entry would suffice - a hash would work) giving permission to be so scraped, then Facebook would (or should!) have a hard time claiming that bots looking for that flag and copying the data (that belongs to the member, but happens to be located on Facebook) that the flag indicates may be copied, is an abuse of their TOS. Should they try, they may face a public outcry if it ever became known, and I think they know that. So, an appropriate flag, agreement, and respectful bot should be fine. And in this case, names won't even have to be munged, as the member has given permission to copy (permission that can be non-retroactively revoked at any time, since the bot would check every post, or at least ever member, every time).

'twould be exceedingly molpish.

Love seeing the colorizations. pelrigg - quite intricate stained glass - Baobab! And baltimoon - yours is a classic atmosphere for that scene.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2880

Postby mscha » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:10 am UTC

UNGST...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by ggh.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THANK YOU HAT-HAIR, BUT OUR NEEDLE-PULLED THING IS IN ANOTHER TREBUCHET

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

serve as Flag Bearer, but trained in Ninja Penance, Blitzing, and Precise Placement, carrying a Silver Loyalty Card, with a Ninja Ninja Duck upon its head, and followed by a small herd of nine Riverish Goats -- under "comments" the bOTTifactors had guaranteed the return of all items listed above within twenty-four nopix of delivery and in perfect condition. In another, highly classified archive was an encrypted letter from Balthacarius in which he demanded the immediate provision of (1) Mysterious Maps showing all Dragon Foundries in the area, (2) Potions of Strength, Healing, and Summon Knights Temporal, and (3) a

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

mrob27

LISTEN, DON'T MENTION THE RECKONING!

Postby mrob27 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:42 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I wonder: / If the bot doesn't download anything, but I see the pages in a browser …

Yes, I think that approach would be okay (anything that depends upon a person manually loading or refreshing each page).
  My broswer stores everything temporarily in a cache (including HTML pages), and if the thing being stored is bigger than 16384 bytes, it is in a file by itself. For example, right now I have a file called ~/Library/Caches/Google/Chrome/Default/Cache/f_001691 that contains the HTML of this page which is related to my work. In the past I have written scripts to analyse files in that cache looking for something specific.
  I believe that if I visit the web pages manually, and write a program that looks in the cache for the pages I want, then I can keep copies of what it finds and I'm not violating the "automatic means" clause either in letter or in spirit.
  However, most web pages are not cached in this way, because their server serves them as a "volatile" resource. For example, the xkcd fora server returns a Pragma: no-cache in its headers, but the above-linked example HTML from oeis.org does not, so the OEIS content appears in my cache, but xkcd fora pages do not.
  But, I have also (like Randall Munroe1, but independently of him) written a bot that re-loads and caches all URLs that I visit in my browser, so that I can do searches in the full content of my browsing history (but I stopped using that bot after switching to Chrome, which had its own history content search). In this case it's a bot in the normal "scraping-web-loading" sense of the word, but each of its actions are in response to a manual action by me.

slinches wrote:What can FB really do besides detecting the bots and banning user accounts? At most they could request that you take down the "offending" code, but since it isn't illegal to write a bot there's no obligation to comply.

I think at this point we're only talking about a "bot" that runs locally on a user's computer and saves a copy of what they have already manually loaded into their own browser. If it does this without submitting a new request to the internet then there probably wouldn't be any way for FB to detect it.

— mrob27 Image

THAT IS NOT EPSILONISH WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE
AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN EPSILONITY MAY DIE

1There is an audio or video of a Munroe interview/lecture/etc. in which he describes his browser history bot and how it got him blocked from Wolfram|Alpha, but I don't know which session it was. I spent some time looking through a few of the videos (JoCo Cruise Crazy 3, Wil Weaton L!ve Talks, and the 2007 Google one that couldn't possibly be it because it pre-dated What If?) but then I had to move on to other things. Does anyone else know?
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Eternal Density

Hopscotch

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:12 am UTC

HES wrote:
Neil, in another thread wrote:Then again, I am experienced in Waiting for it.

A though struck me whilst reading this, that we aren't really that well versed in waiting at all. We hardly had to wait for anything, a newpix came every single newpix. Real waiters wait for things that never come.

Excuse me while I settle into a comfy chair, with a bowl of S&Ms, and load up Half Life 3...

So say we all.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:51 pm UTC

HES wrote:A though struck me whilst reading this, that we aren't really that well versed in waiting at all. We hardly had to wait for anything, a newpix came every single newpix.

We waited for tiny insignificant changes to accumulate to form a much larger story. A newpix arrived every newpix but we were still waiting to understand.
Spoilered for heresy:
Spoiler:
HES wrote: Real waiters wait for things that never come.

Like a sequel to Time?
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

balthasar_s

Re: LISTEN, DON'T MENTION THE RECKONING!

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:52 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:II believe that if I visit the web pages manually, and write a program that looks in the cache for the pages I want, then I can keep copies of what it finds and I'm not violating the "automatic means" clause either in letter or in spirit.
Ok,
I think I want to go this way.
Now I need to find a browser with a bot-friendly cache system and install it on the botcastle.

ETA: What did I dis-explain, ggh?
BSTA

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:40 pm UTC

Hi everyone,

there are so many molpish things to reply to (I'm totally excited about balthasar's Facebug project!), and so many RELATED things to speak about (Hey, we have a Pentaquark now!), but I'm busy with Outside <administrative stuff> (ugh) and <sciency stuff> (wait for it).

balthasar_s wrote:Sustainabilizer, if I remember correctly, in 4 days you will have received a message from the past.

I got the message todip. Right now, I have no Time to reply (sorry), but that shouldn't be a problem: Since my reply will be going into the past anyway, I can safely postpone it. I'll just have to remember to send it deeper into the past when replying. In addition, I know that I did well with my speech without help from the future … hmm … now I'm wondering again why I didn't get any response from the future back then … I really must reply soon … hmm …
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

mscha

Time Revisited - np2901

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:10 am UTC

LAWBREAKUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by dawnfire.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:SUDDENLY, EQUIMOLPIES. THOUSANDS OF THEM!

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

blitzgirlbot.

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm UTC

A blitzgirlbot

This spoiler is redundant
Spoiler:
blitzgirlbot.JPG
kotka.JPG
BSTA

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:41 pm UTC

:D Thank GLR it doesn't come with a punsaw! Otherwise it wood leaf us no way to stem the bots!
Wait on.

Spoiler:

balthasar_s

Blitz the Thread

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:53 pm UTC

My first song ottification ever.
Ottification of "Zwiedzam Świat" by Fisz Emade Tworzywo

Blitz the Thread

I became who I am now
on one sunny day.
I found a new comic called Time;
did not know what to say.
I could never have expected
what would happen to me
When I made my first step
into the OTT.

Blitz the thread,
blitz the one true thread.
There's a lot of pages
still waiting to be read.
Blitz the thread,
blitz the one true thread
I'll finish just this last one
before I go to bed.

I was still new here when
I had already planned
That one day I will read it all to
know and understand.
And all of these frames
from just one GLR.
I'll find out what they're hiding,
how awesomeful they are.

Blitz the thread,
There's a lot of pages
Blitz the thread,
before I go to bed.

There are so many pages.
my blitz will last for ages...
'Cause when a page is over
it does not seem to be closer.

I became who I am now
and blitzing's what I do.
When I find some free time
I blitz a page or two.
On this crazy journey
I found some new good friends.
I know they'll be waiting
for me when my blitz ends.

Blitz the thread,
There's a lot of pages
Blitz the thread,
before I go to bed.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:29 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Blitz the Thread

Postby SBN » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:03 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:My first song ottification ever.

Blitz the Thread

Awesomeful!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

Time Revisited - np2921

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:10 pm UTC

CHURCHUNGS...
Spoiler:
RUN.
(Colorization by pelrigg.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I'M IN UR BUFFYHABERDASHERY, ENHANCING UR WHEELSTICKS

-- posted by oldpixbot

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:48 pm UTC

Hi again,
Sustainabilizer wrote:I got the message todip. Right now, I have no Time to reply (sorry), […]

Todip I got another message from that guy
who seems to believe that I'll do his work …

Oh – wait! :shock: That's myself! My past self!

balthasar_s wrote:A blitzgirlbot
balthasar_s wrote:Blitz the Thread

Baobabs. Redundant baobabs.

oldpixbot wrote:
Spoiler:
RUN.

The title text has changed! :shock:
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

mscha

Time Revisited - np2923

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:10 pm UTC

EVUNGELIC...
Spoiler:
RUN.
(Colorization by pelrigg.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:OH GLR HOW DID erOTTicity GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH TONER

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

Chequered Flag with the motto <*:Blixtnedslag Förmögenhet, JA!:>. These proved too much for the Decryptor-General: he seemed to go Mad then and there, and had to be taken away for a much-needed rest. During the next three dips the bOTTifactors asked only for Bonemeal, a Magic Mirror, and an Extension Ladder, and after that -- nothing. From then on, they continued their research online, accessing the city's

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

mscha

Time Revisited - np2930

Postby mscha » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:10 am UTC

LOATHUNGLY...
Spoiler:
RUN.
(Colorization by ucim.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:REDUNDABIKES FOR THE REDUNDABIKE GOD! ZOMBIE OTTER EYEBALLS FOR THE ZOMBIE OTTER EYEBALL THRONE!

-- posted by oldpixbot

karhell

Re: Blitz the Thread

Postby karhell » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:31 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:My first song ottification ever.

Blitz the Thread
Spoiler:
I became who I am now
on one sunny day.
I found a new comic called Time;
did not know what to say.
I could never have expected
what would happen to me
When I made my first step
into the OTT.

Blitz the thread,
There's a lot of pages
Blitz the thread,
before I go to bed.

I was still new here when
I had already planned
That one day I will read it all to
know and understand.
And all of these frames
from just one GLR.
I'll find out what they're hiding,
how awesomeful they are.

Blitz the thread,
There's a lot of pages
Blitz the thread,
before I go to bed.

There are so many pages.
my blitz will last for ages...
'Cause when a page is over
it does not seem to be closer.

I became who I am now
and blitzing's what I do.
When I find some free time
I blitz a page or two.
On this crazy journey
I found some new good friends.

Blitz the thread,
There's a lot of pages
Blitz the thread,
before I go to bed.

Awsomeful OTTification, Balthasar :D

balthasar_s wrote: I found some new good friends.

Of course we'll be waiting (after all, waiting is what we do ^^).
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

svenman

Postby svenman » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:23 am UTC

Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

mscha

Time Revisited - np2935

Postby mscha » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:10 am UTC

STUNNUNGLY...
Spoiler:
RUN.
(Colorization by ergman.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THIS IS SREEE. I CAN TELL BY THE MUSTARDINESS, AND FROM HAVING SEEN A LOT OF OTTERONGS IN MY DIP

-- posted by oldpixbot

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:09 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:On the OTT facebouk redundancy group I posted this:
<snip>

Interesting - I didn't even realize there was a FB page1053. Count me in with the "does-not-trust-FB" crowd, but I have a throwaway account on there, I'll have to see if I can dig up the login info

10,000Yay, I'm one of the lucky ten thousand today!
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

mscha

Time Revisited - np2942

Postby mscha » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:10 pm UTC

CUNGOLESE...
Spoiler:
RUN.
(Colorization by jjjdavidson.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:ONE FOOTNOTE DOES NOT A HARPSICHORD MAKE

-- posted by oldpixbot

Eternal Density

Treeish balthabotandsong_s

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:04 pm UTC

Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”