1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

moody7277

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby moody7277 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:37 pm UTC

Notice on the Spain side of the strait that there are city lights (my interpretation at least). The Beanies have shown no such technology. I think that shows this is pre whatever technological collapse happened between now and 13291.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:41 pm UTC

I haven't read much of the past thousand pages, but has anyone else noticed that this hammock is pretty high up? How does he get down? He could drop, but it seems like the potential for a twisted ankle negates the comfort of the hammock.

mrob27

WHAT _ARE_ ONGS? WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

Postby mrob27 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:47 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:I haven't read much of the past thousand pages, but has anyone else noticed that this hammock is pretty high up? How does he get down? He could drop, but it seems like the potential for a twisted ankle negates the comfort of the hammock.

Looking at the tree (original photo is here) and noting its position in the thumbnail map (to the right of the photo on the Panoramia page, use the + button to zoom in), then copying its coordinates (33.690435 N, 35.707299 E), into Google Maps and using the Satellite vew, it is possible to measure the distance across the tree's foliage:

Compare to the ONGs and you can see the Beanie is about 1 metre tall. That means they're a child.
  Their head is disproportionately small, compared to how Randall Munroe draws small children, but that's how Beanie children are drawn (see e.g. beany0071 and following frames).
  Once we know it's a child, the question of how they got in the hammock is simple to answer: an adult lifted them up flung them into the hammock with a trebuchet Image Image Image

— mrob27 Image

I MADE YOU A BAOBABBY, BUT I NEWPIXTED IT

(Edit: Add details, and GIF smilies and stuff)

Spoiler:
tree-metrics.png
measuring the width of the Lebanon Cedar tree used in the t-1 ONGs
Last edited by mrob27 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Link

CROUCHING CUPSNAKE, HIDDEN SPARROW-RAPTOR

Postby Link » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:54 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:ETA: Something is weird.
  • If this was a dam in a prequel to Time where the Beanish culture already has developed, the Mediterranean would be dry.
  • If this story is a prequel to Time before the Mediterranean dried out, where does the Beanie come from?
  • If it isn't a prequel but a sequel to Time, that dam/bridge/whatever would be broken …
  • … except if this plays some years after Time. The Mediterranean has re-filled, and the Beanies have built a bridge.
  • But what is that thing approaching? Extraterrestrial visitors?
It could be that the hidden!ONGs are a prequel while the main ONGs are a sequel. And the geographical setting of the two also doesn't have to be the same. t-1 may just be a big ball of timey-wimey, spacey-wacey stuff.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:54 pm UTC

But,
the white may not be a city, (and probably isn't)
the tree doesnt't have to be the size of the original,
the hidden story can be at a different time that the visible one.

Link wrote: t-1 may just be a big ball of timey-wimey, spacey-wacey stuff.
And this is what the ball looks like.

cool, mscha!
How about the enhanced fading Time frames?
Last edited by balthasar_s on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:12 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mrob27

...XE WASN'T THE TREEISHEST THWAPSTICK IN THE MUSTARDIS

Postby mrob27 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:59 pm UTC

Yes, that's why I ultimately settled the question by hurling the Beanie out of a trebuchet. Fantastic OTTerstories are just as good as the hyper-realistic ones. It also helps us guess who the mystery artist of the ONGs might be :D

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0051

Postby mscha » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

EVONGELIARION...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

EwsIFxENDAoHU1FNaGdmWFhXLjAuFRgSIh0ZKCMdKiglGyEeYV9ccG9uUU5LX2BgREI9Ih8gMS8wSUhGMSseQT45ODc1gH9+d3d2DRQQP0FCcXFvChEOb3BvYWBegYB-Mi0nOz1BTE9QCygiCyAcQTsvNjIrLzEzLi4xHx8gh4eGkI+PHCQhl5eXsLCvp6enoKCf9-j3uLi42NjY6Ofnx8fHn6SkkJCPf4B-PkA+AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:34 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:cool, mscha!
How about the enhanced fading Time frames?

Done.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

HES

Re: WHAT _ARE_ ONGS? WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

Postby HES » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:35 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
Whizbang wrote:Compare to the ONGs and you can see the Beanie is about 1 metre tall.

But you're comparing the now tree to the future tree. Tree grows = normal sized Beanie
He/Him/His Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:05 pm UTC

I suspect (I was going to write "I think" but thinking is something I've long ago abandoned!) that we (in the spaceship) will land at the tree holding the Beaniekid.

He or she will then be abducted and taken to Alpha Ceti III in an Unmarked Fast Orb, leading to a rush to develop technology to outrace this spacecraft and rescue the kidnappee. In order to do so, an immense power supply is needed; the Gibralter Bridge is tilted on its side to block the flow of water, giant hydropowerstations are put in place of the tollbooths, but Something Goes Wrong.

Thus begins Time.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: WHAT _ARE_ ONGS? WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

Postby SBN » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:09 pm UTC

HES wrote:
mrob27 wrote:
Whizbang wrote:Compare to the ONGs and you can see the Beanie is about 1 metre tall.

But you're comparing the now tree to the future tree. Tree grows = normal sized Beanie

But either way, isn't he about twice as high up as he is tall?

Granted I've seen people do that with hammocks, but I don't think I've ever seen how they get in and out.

Some prefer them down low though.

Spoiler:
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mrob27

PRICKLY DILGUNNERANGS ARE _SUPERIOR_

Postby mrob27 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:50 pm UTC

HES wrote:But you're comparing the now tree to the future tree. Tree grows = normal sized Beanie

Notice that the larger tree in the ONGs has precisely the same proportions, in every detail, as the smaller tree from Lebanon in 2005. That's just like how the Beanie children are precise miniatures of Cueball and Megan. The conclusion is obvious: Beanies posess growing and shrinking technologies. Perhaps they shared it with the Cueganites allowing Megan to make her tiny trebuchet for frame 403.

SBN wrote:But either way, isn't he about twice as high up as he is tall?

I was suggesting that a (presumably shorter, lighter) child could be helped up into the hammock by a (taller) adult. But a trebuchet works better.

manip by @Rule110
Last edited by mrob27 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:00 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1432

Postby mscha » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:00 pm UTC

RONGSTANDS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I DIDN'T CHOOSE THE STARCAT LIFE; THE STARCAT LIFE CHOSE ME

-- posted by randompixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

enhancement after Time: t-1_0051

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:02 pm UTC

AN UNRECENT TIMEFRAME CREATES AN UNRESOLVED TENSIONG THAT WILL STAY WITH YOU ALL NEWPIX -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

-- posted by lmjbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0052

Postby mscha » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

THUNDERONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EwsIDAoHFxEOKiglWFhWaGdmODc1FRgTIh0YKCMdIBYPYF9dUU5LGyEeTk9RMi0nYmFfd3d3MS8wU1FNQT45SUhGNjAfQD9AcG9uIR8gDRQQgH9-h4eHChEOkI+PNjIsMisecXBvX2Njf4B-P0A+RUI9T1BObHFuDCEcPj9AQDosLi8xLjEyHh4gLjEvoJ+fl5eXHCMhBygjp6enkZCPsK+vvsHA9PT0gYB-0NDPt7e3yMjH6vHv19fXoKCf5ubmAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

enhancement after Time: t-1_0052

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:02 am UTC

EVERYBODY, STAND BACK. I KNOW OTHERRIVERWADONGISH WHEELSTICKS. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

-- posted by lmjbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0053

Postby mscha » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:30 am UTC

SUPERSTRONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EwsIDAoHFxEOaGdnh4eHWFhWFRgTIh0XKCMdODc1Mi0nIhgPGiEdX19hT1BRYV5cQDotcG9uUU5KIR8gd3d3QT45DSAcU1FNKiglQT9AMS8wgH9+DRQQSUhGYmFeChIPcXBvREI9P0JDNjIsgYB-X2FhMSoeLi4wHh8gNjAfLjEyfn+AOz1ALzAuHSMhkY+OCSgkf4CAl5eXkZGPnqaloJ+fp6em+Pj4uLi46urqx8fH0NDPoKCf19fXEjItOkA+AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
-- posted by newpixbot

taixzo

Re: PRICKLY DILGUNNERANGS ARE _SUPERIOR_

Postby taixzo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:39 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
HES wrote:But you're comparing the now tree to the future tree. Tree grows = normal sized Beanie

Notice that the larger tree in the ONGs has precisely the same proportions, in every detail, as the smaller tree from Lebanon in 2005. That's just like how the Beanie children are precise miniatures of Cueball and Megan. The conclusion is obvious: Beanies posess growing and shrinking technologies. Perhaps they shared it with the Cueganites allowing Megan to make her tiny trebuchet for frame 403.

SBN wrote:But either way, isn't he about twice as high up as he is tall?

I was suggesting that a (presumably shorter, lighter) child could be helped up into the hammock by a (taller) adult. But a trebuchet works better.

manip by @Rule110

What I at first saw that image as:

RSIR
Spoiler:
giraffe.png
giraffe.png (9.07 KiB) Viewed 8334 times
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:51 am UTC

ARETHOSEBUILDONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
What are those thin, needle-like structures1 on the north side of the Gibraltar strait? In the previous enhancements, I first thought it's an artefact in the timeframe, but now it looks like they're mirrored in the surface of the sea1.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ucim

Re: PRICKLY DILGUNNERANGS ARE _SUPERIOR_

Postby ucim » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:10 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:I was suggesting that a (presumably shorter, lighter) child could be helped up into the hammock by a (taller) adult. But a trebuchet works better.

manip by @Rule110

Maybe not.

ZoomanSP wrote:
Spoiler:
ARETHOSEBUILDONGS...
What are those thin, needle-like structures1 on the north side of the Gibraltar strait? In the previous enhancements, I first thought it's an artefact in the timeframe, but now it looks like they're mirrored in the surface of the sea1.

Good find! Dunno. Bigger trebuches?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Eternal Density

Re: Maybe that's not a hammock.

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:09 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Maybe he was put in there.

Maybe unseen forces... drew him there.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

everything that was going on, and offer Free Advice. Silver trumpets announced the beginning of the game as the King loaded the starting screen. Two people sat on a beach in black and white, whilst many rectangles of various sizes, all containing tiny bits of text, popped into view around them, and a clutch of notifications silently floated up: <@:LOADING... / BADGE EARNED: NOTIFIED / BADGE EARNED: REDUNDANT / BADGE

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0054

Postby mscha » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:30 am UTC

FIREFONGED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EwsJFxEODAoHMC8wWFdWd3d2aGdmUU5KKiglIR4WFhgTKCMch4eHYmFeODc1IRQOl5eXQD9ALS4xSUhGNjIrYF9dIR8gcXBvcG9tMSseXl9gDSAcQT45gH9+U1FNDRQQGiEdMi0nChIPQTstfn6AHx8hLzAyPD5BkJCPb3FwXmFhREI9TlBRP0FDHSMhCSkkp6enoJ+fkJCPoKCfuLi4+fn5gIB-v8bFrrCvxsbGzdHQLTAu6OjowMC-1tbWP0A-4ODfAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
-- posted by newpixbot

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:03 am UTC

Or maybe they are trees? (but why white?)

They are only in this one spot because only the "interesting" region is rendered.
And one of them is the tree we see in all the unhidden frames.

But then the trees would be too big...

54:
Spoiler:
Last edited by balthasar_s on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:46 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0055

Postby mscha » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:30 am UTC

HUNTONGBURG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EwsJDAoHFxIOODc1SUhGcG9tbnFweHd3WFdWFhgTIR4WJyMbTk5QaGhnMi0ncXBuKiglIhYPMSseUU5LYF9dX19gMC8wU1FODCAcRUI9QT45GiEdgIB-DRQQiIeHChIPIx8ggH99YmFeNjIrXWBdT1JRHh8hkI+OQTstLzEzLi4xPkBDOz1Bl5eWoJ+ff4B-FzEtBiYiqKenHCQinKCfsbCv9-f3tra21tbWLDEu6OjooKCf0M-PP0A-x8fHwMC-4ODfAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:56 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Or maybe they are trees? (but why white?)

They are only in this one spot because only the "interesting" region is rendered.
And one of them is the tree we see in all the unhidden frames.

But then the trees would be too big...

Street lights?
Perhaps the white lines are well-lit roads, along the Spanish coast (approximately) and over the dam/bridge, and there is a city with less bright lights in what's now the Parque Natural Del Estrecho?
Not very likely, perhaps. The current cities of Gibraltar and Algeciras are completely in the dark.

ETA: updated animation of auto-leveled descent frames:
Spoiler:
Now I see what y'otters are talking about, some pretty tall white vertical lines. (Looks like they're up to about a kilocue tall.) Skyscrapers?
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:33 am UTC

Or maybe they are not to scale.
55:
Spoiler:

56:
NOT MUCH HAS CHONGED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

Enhance:

There are white dots on the line (road) that goes along the coast.
(some vehicles?)
And I think it's a bridge, not a wall. Looks like its reflection in water is visible.
BSTA

mrob27

I'M SUCH A LEFT RAPTORSHARK WHEN IT COMES TO MUSTARDING

Postby mrob27 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:34 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:What I at first saw that image as:

Oh yes, very sensible. The Beanies use giraffes to help them get up into their hammocks.

mscha wrote:Now I see what y'otters are talking about, some pretty tall white vertical lines. (Looks like they're up to about a kilocue tall.) Skyscrapers?

I think it has been established that everything is to scale, but nothing is the size one would expect. Fancy Beanish growing/shrinking technology is one possibility. Perhaps we'll find that one or both stories are taking place inside a terrarium on Rosetta's shelf.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0057

Postby mscha » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

GRONGERISMS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EwsJDAoHFxIOU1FNaGhnWFdWFhkTIR4VJiIZQT45IRQPbm9wODc1cXBuh4eHYmFeKyglYF5ccG9tUU5KeHd3gH9+P0A+Mi0nIR8gSUhGREI9MC8wNjIrPD5BTk9QDSAcDRQQChIPGSEdfX6AgYB-MSseX2Bfj5CPLS4xQTosHx8hP0FDkI+PODEfLzAymJiXoJ+fkJCPHCQiCCgjqKenoKCfW2Ngt7e31dXVusPB+-v7xsbGtsG-ztDPGDEtLjAuwMC-5+fnAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:22 pm UTC

MFFS is ramping up this week. Raptors and zombies everywhere, so no time to comment on anything, but the ONGs are getting more interesting all the time! Whee!
Gotta go...
*picks up a chair to fend off approaching raptors*

enhancement after Time: t-1_0057
22 Sep 2015, 20:02 UTC
REDUNDAKITTY OTTIFYONG THE COMFY CHAIR ... DOT CHIRPING MUSTARD DOT COM. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

-- posted by lmjbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0058

Postby mscha » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

SOARONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EwsJDAoHFxIOWVhWSUhGFhkTIR4VJSIYcnBuaGdmODc1MC8wIRUONjIrcG9tT09RKyglQT04d3d3YV5cYmFeQT9AIR8gUU5KgH9+gYF+Li4xbXBuXl9hDCAcDRQQChIPGSEdT1BRMi0nXmBeiIeHREI9U1FNMSsfQTstjo+OHR8hLjEyOz1BkZCPl5eXp6enrbKwHSQiCCgjoKCf-Pz8wMC-3ufl19fXoKCftra2x8fHLDAu5ubmXWFhP0BDPkE-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964

enhancement after Time: t-1_0058

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:02 am UTC

THIS IS OTTIFIED. I CAN TELL BY THE OTC AND FROM HAVONG SEEN A LOT OF OTTERMOLPIES IN MY DIP -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

-- posted by lmjbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0059

Postby mscha » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:30 am UTC

PETTONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EwsJDAoHFxIOSUdGaGdnIR4VFhkTJiIYLS4xWFdWMi0nKyglTlBRIR8gChIPP0FDcG9tIhUOcXFvGiEdMSsegYB-NjIrODc1YV5cDRQQgH9+DSAcQT45YmFed3d2UU5KiIeHkI+PRUI9MC8wXV9gTlBOfYJ+XmVkbnJxXmBeO0A9U1FNfYOCQTssHh8gPD5BLjEyl5eXoKCfBicjHSMhsLCwuLi3p6en+-v7v8bFx8fHu8G-19fXLjAu5ubm0NDP8O-vAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964

enhancement after Time: t-1_0059

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:02 am UTC

MUSTARD LIKE A BONGALOW, BLINDPOST LIKE A BEESNAKE -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

-- posted by lmjbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0060

Postby mscha » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:30 am UTC

PEGGONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EwsJDAoHFxINSUhGcG9uWFhWIR4VFhkTJiIYT09QIh8gaGdnIBYPMSseP0FAMC8weHd3KyglUU5KcXFvMi0nYmFeGyEdgIB+YF9cODc1gH99QT45iIiHDCEcX2BgChIPDRQQPD5BU1FORUI9bnFwf4B-TlBPLjAsPkE+QTssNjIrHh8gLjAzkJCPLi4xl5eXoJ+ft7e3BygjHCQiqKiosLCvoKCfx8jI4ODf+-v75ubm0M-P19fXv8LBwMC-FTMuAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:04 am UTC

SPOTTONGTWOWHITEDOTS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Ok, here I am telling the bots that they're not alone. What could the white dots at the road(?) along the northern coastline be?
*goes back fighting the OutsideH*

ETA: *returns briefly for a quick message*

New headlines on the xkcd homepage:
GLR wrote:News: Announcing my Thing Explainer book trip. Come say hi!
Other news: Announcing the Thing Explainer word checker tool!

Hi! :D
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:37 am UTC

It looks like there are trestles on this bridge. Looking closer, there are three "lanes" of "traffic" with gaps in them. But if these are lanes of traffic, those vehicles are quite seaish!

Jose

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:02 am UTC

I think those white lines are spires from a large version of an Atlantis model city.
(actual spoiler for SGA)
Spoiler:
Perhaps the one built by the replicators?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0061

Postby mscha » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:30 am UTC

ONGUILTY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

KCQcGRkSKykjHSEdHCUiIh0VHx8gMy0jMyoaHTUvNjIrSlFNUU5KLyEPIhsOOjAeOjg1LDItQT04DBAMVFFNCQ0JFxUOMCIPPEE9RUI9CxcTUkw+CyEdMC8wSEdFPT5ALi8wEQ8QLjMyQjotQD9APUNCCSciEgwJQS8lQjAYTU5RQS8XWFdVYV5bYFtPW15hZ2dmcW5rY2Fed3h2bHBvXGRiTFJSbHZ0W2FecnFugYB-gH9-PFFMe4OBhoiGd4B+k5mXn6CfvMPAq7i0qLaym6WiTGNeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
-- posted by newpixbot

balthasar_s

t-1_0061

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:18 am UTC

LONG BRIDGE
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

So we have a new scene every 30 frames?

ENHANCE a little more:

Redundant
Spoiler:
nofadingdt-1_0061.png

Maybe the hidden frames are the beanie's dream?
BSTA

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”