Hangafia - Game over - Perfect Town win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

ThinkSweet

Re: Hangafia - Day 4 - Death of Iron Man

Postby ThinkSweet » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:06 am UTC

So at the moment the main person I'm finding Scummy is SPACK. If his role is scummy enough for Infina_ to need to double check with someone then it's probably at best an indi role, at worst a Mafia who's lying and in the middle a Mafia role who is anti scum and will make us have to weigh up which type of scum is worse.

More than half of us left have claimed town roles and I believe them so far, but of course that might not matter if the cult can still recruit. I'm going to have a look at the people who I have down as Neutral in my notes since they're the most likely to be actual Mafia (after SPACK).

Jar'O'Jam
Spoiler:
Has been quite lurky for the whole game, getting modprodded on D1 & D2. When he does post it's usually short and a bit cryptic (and not a posting restriction). Posted on D2 to claim being the Tiger previously. Popped in on D3 to ask where the PA was. Finally posted something closer to an opinion, basically finding SK a bit scummy for posting that they'll happily bandwagon. And that's it. In my last analysis post I put Freezeblade as kind of neutral since there wasn't enough content to analyse, and J'o'J has even less! So officially on my scummy list unless they can post something amazingly townie and useful in the next couple of (RL) days.

SDK
Spoiler:
On D2 was pro a mass-claim of D1 roles. Claimed was Sid, commuter. Claimed their new role had added an extra win condition to the basic 'win with town'. This is either a lie and the new role was a Mafia role, or it's the one remaining town role I haven't been able to work out yet. Proposed people whose new role had been previously claimed (like the new Sid) should claim to confirm that roles were actually being moved around and no new roles - a pretty bad idea imho. Wanted to start a wagon on a former Mafia and picked EH for lying about Nebu's claim, so unlikely to be in EH's Mafia. Offered to switch to Madge as just wanted the day to end, not the most townie thing to say but then D2 was pretty long due to basically being a repeat D1.

In the first post of D3 still thought EH was the best lynch option. Later said would be happy with Madge, EH or me. Voted EH for the second day in a row. Said their bandwagon offers were because the role changes had made them not care about the game anymore, but said they'd 'help out'. Is playing ambivalently for Town, but I can't really see them being in EH's team as the continued voting would go against the play to win rule. So leaning Town for me at the moment.

Also
SDK wrote:Cult can't recruit. Making it a factional ability like that means town needs the mafia in order to deal with it. If they can, then I really don't care. They can win and I'll try my best to forget this game ever happened.
I just wanted to put this in because I agree (with the first part anyway). If SPACK's role actually is a Mafioso who can detect Cult then it seems more likely that Cult have an inherited recruit. Which sucks because it means we need to re-evaluate everyone on a daily basis just in case they were the latest cult recruit.

moody7277
Spoiler:
Started D2 by talking about their role change, didn't explicitly claim but pointed out they'd breadcrumbed (Mike Tyson). Gave 'provisional town status' to Vytron, madge & fb. Had been ambivalent on a Van lynch until RR confirmed the Carlos claim. Posted thoughts on all players and said they'd vote Me, EH or Az. Followed SDK to vote EH just after he'd admitted being D1 Mafia. Was not convinced by the SPACKlick bandwagon. Felt madge & fb were more townie once vytron flipped town. D3 voted EH again, also suspicious of Infina and would vote madge but preferred not as her kill could be useful to town. Gave information about the Tyson role after Fogman's daykill. Posts have been pretty townie so far and again voted for EH two days, so unlikely to be his scumbuddy. Leaning town but a bit less so than SDK for me.

So, my guess is that SPACKlick and Jar'O'Jam are the remaining two Mafia (if it's Moody & SDK, they probably deserve to win for bussing EH so badly!). Unless J'O'J can post something convincing, I will probably vote for them on the chance SPACK actually can help against cult. Because I have no idea who the remaining cult is. Az didn't really seem to mention anyone in a suspicious way D2 (apart from saying he didn't agree with the Van bandwagon). I'm going back to check Madge's interactions D3.
</rant>

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:08 am UTC

EBWOP:
If his role is scummy enough for Infina_ to need to double check with someone then it's probably at best an indi role, at worst a Mafia who's lying and in the middle a Mafia role who is anti cult and will make us have to weigh up which type of scum is worse.
</rant>

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:27 am UTC

Think sweet: do you mean weiyaoli was double checking? Wei and Van were talking yesterday.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:34 am UTC

Yes, Sorry! I meant Wei.
</rant>

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:03 am UTC

I guess my main concern with spacklick being scum is why the hell Wei's flavour cop resulted in anything other than a lynch.

It's irritating. My preferred lynch order would probably be along the lines of JoJ, SPACKLICK, moody/infina/SDK currently. But I don't want to waste a lynch on someone who's lurky as anything.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:06 am UTC

EBWOP: and specifically what worries me about Spacklick/Wei/van is that spacklick might have been cult and got an extra night to recruit.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:44 am UTC

Alright, I was giving SPACKlick a chance to claim. He's Kingsley, and from his lack of a post today, it seems like he's given up? We were debating yesterday whether Kingsley from a flavour PoV made sense as a mole firstly, and then secondly whether we should leave an anti cult scum around (if he was telling the truth about his cop). I asked for the PM with Van just in case Vytron, who had claimed Kingsley before had told them anything about what the role did.

I copped JoJ last night, but I think I was roleblocked, presumably by the claimed Silent Monk role.

So,

Vote: SPACKlick
And you thought I was crazy...

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:34 pm UTC

Wei, I'm going to post a couple of things I daychatted to Infina. Hope it clears somethings up

SPACKlick wrote:I worked out how to answer, because I've already said it. Day 1, Page 10.

SPACKlick wrote:I believe Vytron has also been switched. ... Looking at my secondary goal and loss of cop I would suspect my role was in the team Vytron was in and that team had a mole in it.

I need to check with Dr Ug if I can post the quote from Vytron I want to post.

SPACKlick wrote:So yeah, Dr Ug came back to me and I'm allowed to quote vytron and make the comment I want. I hate checking with Dr Ug about my posting as it really slows my post rate.

Vytron wrote:Okay, whatever, with the status of the game I guess this doesn't matter anymore: I lied about that, I was in fact told who my scumbuddies were. Dr Ug has made sure that I don't disclose them, and that's why I know Nebu is lying

I think Vytron, on switching in may have confused conditions of his Old role with restrictions at the time of Role Change.

Van is the cult member. I don't know if they have been able to recruit or not.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:28 pm UTC

Firstly. Wei, why did we not lynch him yesterday? What possible good does leaving a confirmed scum alive do?

Secondly. What is that last post supposed to say, SPACLICK? Why should we not lynch you?

unvote

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:51 pm UTC

Was waiting a day to see how SPACKlick's claim panned out. There was a slim possibility he is a mole/cult!cop, so was giving him another night to see what happened.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:22 pm UTC

How exactly does your flavour cop describe him? Is he Kingsley himself or Kingsley aligned?

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:37 pm UTC

VectorZero wrote:How exactly does your flavour cop describe him? Is he Kingsley himself or Kingsley aligned?

The result was something along the lines of "either an international cop or a gangster", so I assume Kingsley.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:07 pm UTC

Christ, I don't know how to resolve this other than by lynching him.

For the flavorblind: I believe SPACKlick is soft claiming Kingsley to be a town-aligned scum. In the Hangover 2 he was a gangster who was revealed to be an undercover cop for Interpol looking for Chow.

The problem is obviously that SPACklicks claim is consistent with an anti cult cop.

I have NO idea how I would try to balance a game with two mafias where the leader of one mafia was town aligned.

If Van was culted, either it was by Az night 1 or by Az's N1 recruit N3, assuming Az recruited Madge the night he was killed. There's a moderate chance (that is, possibilities for inheritable cult recruitment suggest) killing Van would cut off the cult completely, assuming Spack is telling the truth. Grrr.

SPACKlick: please vote for then unvote for each living player in turn.

Van

Postby Van » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:59 pm UTC

Uh, apologies for completely missing EH's scumminess, I guess. I really don't know how he was KG, that kind of blows my mind.

VectorZero wrote:I guess my main concern with spacklick being scum is why the hell Wei's flavour cop resulted in anything other than a lynch.
I argued that I wasn't sure SPACKlick was town, but I felt like his claimed cult cop made lynching him a bad idea. Cult normally sucks ass to find, but with a role swap on top of it, D1 reads were entirely useless. So yeah, I would have definitely have left an anti-town cultcop alive.

And then there's this:
SPACKlick wrote:Van is the cult member. I don't know if they have been able to recruit or not.

Yeah, no.
This is such a stupid false claim, even. Why in the hell would Az target someone who was listed at the top of town lists on D1 in a 26 player game? That's almost, but not quite, as horrible of an idea of listing who you think is the most townish person. (Unrelated, but I've been irritated about that since D1) Or if you think I was culted after D2 (if the recruit passed on), that's even dumber, since I had to fullclaim on D2 and get RR to confirm me, which made me into an even bigger NK magnet.

VectorZero wrote:I have NO idea how I would try to balance a game with two mafias where the leader of one mafia was town aligned.
It isn't possible in a normal game, but it is in this one. He could have had win conditions like Vytron (win with town, or keep scum-madge alive). Also, what exactly is his vote spam supposed to do?
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:34 pm UTC

Id prefer not to say until he responds.

Any thoughts on JoJ/kalira/moody/SDK?

(With Spacklick now confirmed Kingsley, SDK voting EH over Spacklick is less impressive.)

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:38 pm UTC

EBWOP: SPACKlick, why did you kill RoadieRich and cop Van?

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:50 am UTC

Van wrote:
VectorZero wrote:I have NO idea how I would try to balance a game with two mafias where the leader of one mafia was town aligned.
It isn't possible in a normal game, but it is in this one. He could have had win conditions like Vytron (win with town, or keep scum-madge alive). Also, what exactly is his vote spam supposed to do?

Forgot to respond to the other bit here. It's less that SPACKlick has an implausible win con as the two mafia groups would be considerably different, when they are otherwise symmetrical.

SPACKlick: do you control your groups kill? Do you have any restrictions on who you can target?

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:37 am UTC

Votals:

SDK (1) - _infina_
SPACKlick (3) - weiyaoli, Vectorzeo, Van

kalira has been modkilled due to inactivity and lack of ability to replace

kalira was the wedding singer, town, flavour poster.

11 player remain, 6 to lynch, 3 to lynch at deadline.
Deadline is set for Friday.
Where did my old signature go? :(

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:03 am UTC

unvote

Gonna wait and see what happens. Would be nice to get input from everyone. Would definitely want to get JoJ either talking or mod killed before deadline: if he is scum, I'd be tempted to try a Van lynch.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:46 am UTC

Per request
vote ThinkSweet
unvote
vote Frogman
unvote
vote _infina_
unvote
vote Jar'O'Jam
unvote
vote weiyaoli
unvote
vote Van
michaelandjimmi SDK
unvote
vote moody7277
unvote
vote ConMan
unvote
vote VectorZero
unvote
vote SPACKlick
unvote

I think I know what this request was supposed to test, I don't think the form of it works.

I copped Van because I thought I was going to end up daychatting with him today and wanted to know I could trust him.

I don't know why RoadieRich was killed.

And I hate to do this on this day but sorry to do this but My course has taken away most of my internet time I'm afraid I need to ask for a replacement.
I will try and keep responding till a replacement is picked.

Vote Van

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:51 am UTC

I ... Don't think you're getting a replacement given kalira was just mod killed.

That's unfortunate. Things are going to unwind pretty quickly if you get mod killed.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:52 am UTC

EBWOP: sorry. Just for the sake of completeness: you didn't vote for SDK. Was that a typo?

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:59 am UTC

unvote
vote sdk
unvote
vote van

Yep, was a typo

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:53 am UTC

i don't know why RoadieRich was killed.

You are Kingsley but you don't know why the mafia kill happened?

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:15 pm UTC

Van only makes sense as a recruit N1, I think. The only time Madge could have been recruited was N2, since why else would they kill the cult leader? N3, it's possible I guess, if the recruit was inherited, I think Van had a good chance of being NKed though at that point so it's not that likely to me. I think at this point we might have to hope that the recruit isn't inherited, since there is no way without a NK under town control (and it would have to be accurate too) we can kill 2 cult at a time (since no cult flipped last night).

Time to work out who could be scum together with EH and SPACK I guess.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:44 pm UTC

Always possible madge was lying about the kill.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:56 am UTC

Votals:

SDK (1) - _infina_
SPACKlick (2) - weiyaoli, Van
Van (1) - SPACKlick

Van

Postby Van » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:57 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:I think I know what this request was supposed to test, I don't think the form of it works.

I copped Van because I thought I was going to end up daychatting with himher today and wanted to know I could trust himher.

I don't know why RoadieRich was killed.

And I hate to do this on this day but sorry to do this but My course has taken away most of my internet time I'm afraid I need to ask for a replacement.
I will try and keep responding till a replacement is picked.

Vote Van
Seriously?

1. You get semi-outed in thread by weiyaoli.
2. weiyaoli and I chat about you and decide cult cop is valuable enough to not out you on D3, and say as such in thread
3. You decide to ask me to daychat with you tomorrow
4. Night falls, and you decide to cult cop me because we're going to talk on D4. Presumably, this is to make sure you can trust me with the revelation of ... something you think I already know!
5. You get a positive cult cop on me
6. D4 starts and you announce this offhandedly, without even voting for the confirmed scum that you just copped

There's literally no logical consistency between any two things you're claiming.
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:02 pm UTC

I don't have any better options I can vote for Van. I don't want to encourage voting for the cult today but wouldn't be unhappy to see cult dead.

Van

Postby Van » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:35 pm UTC

Er, what? You don't want to lynch cult today? If not cult and not the other KG member, then who?

If you were pro-town and didn't want to lynch cult, the best thing to do would be to say "I'm a mole, so and so is scum."

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:22 pm UTC

So, Kingsley himself is supposed to be a godfather? Maybe that confusion over scum versus cop is to serve as the usual immunity to copping (alternates of nights to other cops). Also, scum having the ability to detect cult is useful as: a. they are just as opposed to cult as town are, b. it gives something to trade with town. I agree that SPACK seems to be flailing in his last few posts. Are we not lynching him to wait for mod action, or do we lynch him and try to find cult on our own?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm UTC

I've been explicitly told "there are no replacements" so I'm trying to play to avoid the modkill but I doubt I'll be able to keep up.

Van wrote:Er, what? You don't want to lynch cult today? If not cult and not the other KG member, then who?

I'd much prefer to lynch the other member of Kingsley's gang.

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:16 pm UTC

SPACKlick, if you're claiming scum traitor, can you at least take the time to detail your role and how it works? Do you know the other mafia members? How does your role interact with the mafia, if at all?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

frogman

Postby frogman » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:20 pm UTC

This definitely strikes me as flailing. If you were going to give us reasonable information you would have already done so.

Vote: Spacklick
yeah yeah yeah

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:46 pm UTC

To respond to SDK I'm going to re-quote myself

SPACKlick wrote:I worked out how to answer, because I've already said it. Day 1, Page 10.

SPACKlick wrote:I believe Vytron has also been switched. ... Looking at my secondary goal and loss of cop I would suspect my role was in the team Vytron was in and that team had a mole in it.

I need to check with Dr Ug if I can post the quote from Vytron I want to post.

SPACKlick wrote:So yeah, Dr Ug came back to me and I'm allowed to quote vytron and make the comment I want. I hate checking with Dr Ug about my posting as it really slows my post rate.

Vytron wrote:Okay, whatever, with the status of the game I guess this doesn't matter anymore: I lied about that, I was in fact told who my scumbuddies were. Dr Ug has made sure that I don't disclose them, and that's why I know Nebu is lying

I think Vytron, on switching in may have confused conditions of his Old role with restrictions at the time of Role Change.

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:08 pm UTC

And you have Vytron's previous role, then?

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:12 pm UTC

I mean... how can that possibly even work? You can't disclose who they are, but you can vote for them, right? You can still answer unrelated questions about them, right?

Based on behaviour or whatever else you like, who do you think Electric Haze's most likely scum buddies are? You don't even have to answer this question if you don't want to - just cast multiple votes without any words attached if it makes you happy.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:34 am UTC

mod prod/kill on JoJ please. Hasn't posted since about 3 days before end of previous day.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:50 am UTC

Jar'o'jam has been modprodded.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:44 pm UTC

SPACKlick: are you a miller?

Return to “Mafia”