1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Neil_Boekend

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:51 am UTC

Beanish grafitty?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0115

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:30 am UTC

FIGHTONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

g1soiGI4d1MncU4kgl01gmNCVTocZkUbZkgkXEIkVDwjXkEdSzEORjIdalVBWUY0OSMLSDUiZEw0NygZPTElQC8gPzAfQS4ZHBcTEwwICQgGCRAPGRMNKB0TLicgKyMaNiwielMeck0cdlc1UjYPblAua1E3RjsyLyAPFissJDEzExssJRkNNBoGTEE3iEIAbDIARSoKJwgBAgcZMB8QfGBFYD8hAhgZAxkkBCkpFy8yCUE-BTAvBjMyAgkiAiAfC0lHNwYCWScARxgAeDYARwcDWBYBWQcEaxYDaigAdhgEdScBgjwAkiUIhRMKagoGdwgIegAQAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:24 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:ALSO ACTUALK SPOILER
Spoiler:
NoMouse, I see a little mustard on the lmjbhat.

Spoiler:
Oh, I see, I read that 1 as 4.

Whoa, Beanish graffiti!
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0116

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

DOGHONGED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

gloph2I7elMdd1MncU4ld1g2UjYPck0bZkgkZUUbXkEdVTocb1AtXEIkVDwja1E2RjIdSDUiaVZFNygZSzIOWUY0QS4ZZU01LiAPPzAfQC8gEwwIChANCQgGGRMMHBcTKB0TKyMaLicgSDwxNiwiPTElXU5BNBoFFiwtfWhXJRkNDRsrgl40OSMLh0IAJDAzbDEAajsXAgYYTkE2RSsLJggAMB8QAgkifmA-AhgZBCkpAiAfAxgkFjEzBTAvBjQzCEA+RxgAaigAWScAeDYAOAYCWRcBWAcECkhGgjwASAcDaxYDdScBdhgEhRIKkiUJagkGdwkIegERg2hRaToj.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:02 pm UTC

Molpy‽
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

NoMouse

MOOLPIES AND M&MS AND RAPTORFELINITY, OH MY!

Postby NoMouse » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:03 pm UTC

Wow, what is that?!

ENHANCE2!

For some reason, it reminds me of this:

ETA: And there's a molpy in the non-enhanced ParallelONG too!

Redundant:
Spoiler:
t-1_0116_enhance_enhanced.png
(This enhancement looks like Portal in Doom 1 graphics)

t-1_0116_molpy.gif
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:23 pm UTC

Could it be the same little doodad in both scenes?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:28 pm UTC

It looks like a little hole opens in the ground in 115, and then that thing comes out of it.

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:42 pm UTC

So probably not a portal gun, then ?
(or the camera can use the Force >.>)
(Also, I'd totally play Portal with Doom's graphics ^^)
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

HES

Postby HES » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:55 pm UTC

karhell wrote:(Also, I'd totally play Portal with Doom's graphics ^^)

That almost certainly exists somewhere
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:13 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:It looks like a little hole opens in the ground in 115, and then that thing comes out of it.

To me it looks more like the molpy is coming out of the shadow. In 116 the light reflects on it and then we can see it.

Of course that isn't a molpy. Our mouseless friend is almost right. It is a robot terrorist. There is a whole army of the little devils and they have invaded the city. They are currently testing the Straight bridge to start invading Morocco. As a defensive the Moroccan government decides to blow the bridge. The little devils on the bridge perish, but they are many. Like lemmings they drop themselves inthe Straight untill they can walk across, blocking the Straight. All the surviving devils invade Morocco. The Algerian government decides to nuke Morocco to stem the invasion. It succeeds but the American Nuclear Launch computer system detects the explosion and nukes Algeria. This triggers the Russian system and they nuke EVERYTHING.

A thousand years later the survivors settle in the now-empty Mediterranean sea. Thus begins Time.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:16 pm UTC

Animation of the first 6 frames of the current scene:
Spoiler:
Indeed, in the fifth frame, you already can see something appearing.
I'm not sure what the camera is doing. It appears to be panning down and left a bit, but I can't explain why the shadow is moving up on the side of the wall.

ETA: indeed, the wallpy is simply coming out of the shadow.
Spoiler:
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:38 pm UTC

I don't think I could tell regular graffiti from beanish graffiti.

At first I assumed that thing was a stick figure corpse with some colorful dress. But that doesn't really explain why it would be sliding towards us.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:47 pm UTC

I think that robolpy is coming from behind the concrete wall with the orange graffiti. I don't have the chance to measure it precisely but using the distance it traveled between frame 115 and 116 to guess where it would have been in frame 114 indicates it would have been behind the wall.

he/him/his

NoMouse

THAT'S NOT A TARDIS; _THIS_ IS A TARDIS

Postby NoMouse » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:01 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Of course that isn't a molpy. Our mouseless friend is almost right. It is a robot terrorist. There is a whole army of the little devils and they have invaded the city. They are currently testing the Straight bridge to start invading Morocco. As a defensive the Moroccan government decides to blow the bridge. The little devils on the bridge perish, but they are many. Like lemmings they drop themselves inthe Straight untill they can walk across, blocking the Straight. All the surviving devils invade Morocco. The Algerian government decides to nuke Morocco to stem the invasion. It succeeds but the American Nuclear Launch computer system detects the explosion and nukes Algeria. This triggers the Russian system and they nuke EVERYTHING.

A thousand years later the survivors settle in the now-empty Mediterranean sea. Thus begins Time.

That made me laugh really hard. :lol: Where can I like this post?

NoMouse

HELLO, I'M LOOPSY. BASICALLY, UNBASEMENT!

Postby NoMouse » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:24 pm UTC

It's been a lONG time since I posted an ONG!
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

ENHANCE!

ENHANCE2!

I have no idea what that is. Robot terrorist sounds most likely to me right now. Or maybe a graffiti robot.

RSIR:
Spoiler:
t-1_0117_enhance_enhanced.png
t-1_0117_enhance_enhanced.png (10.63 KiB) Viewed 9145 times

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1045

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

BRONGER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I AM BEST TYMIVERSARY, THE BEST TYMIVERSARY EVER!

-- posted by randompixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:03 pm UTC

Yeah, I think you're on to something... robot terrorist... with lunch. Don't put all your eggs in one skynet.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:55 pm UTC

Obvious, isn't it? Definitely a poodle wearing an orange sweater and a white ballerina skirt. Oh, and short sword on one shoulder.

I know I ought to make up a background story to make this scenario plausible, but when the narrative part of my brain heard this request, it went and hid under a blanket. Better not disturb it.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:19 pm UTC

It looks like the thing is riding a balthacycle. And we don't really know the scale of things yet. For all we know, that's the normal size of inhabitants, and the graffiti and bricks are of a scale that meshes with the bridge over the Strait, whose lighted regions are in the several hundred q long ballpark.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0118

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

ACCORDONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

gVopd1MnhVowhmtSUzYPZUUccU0dcU4kZkgkblAtXEIkZU00VTocVDwjWkY0SzEORzMdSDUiUT8wNygZTUE2QS4ZJRkNCQgGEwwHGRMNBw8QHBcTKB0TLCMaLichNywiPTEkSDwyXUEddlAed1c1j2QwQC8gOSMLExonFissa1I4JjE0PzAffGFHT0AcLyAPRioKZTkUNBsHMB8QAgYZalVDRxkAAhgZAxkkBCopFjAyAiAfBjQzBTAvCEA+AgkiJgcBNwcCWCYAC0dEeDYARwcCWQgEVxcBaxYDgjwAbTIAaSgAdhgEdScBjiUHiUIAhBMKaQkFdwkIfAEQAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:35 pm UTC

As predicted, the pan has stopped:

001122333444445550555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555544444333332222211111000

Sustainabilizer wrote:Prediction:

1110000molpy0

Almost right:

1110molpy0molpy0
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:50 pm UTC

MOLPY!!! Or...something.

mikrit wrote:Obvious, isn't it? Definitely a poodle wearing an orange sweater and a white ballerina skirt. Oh, and short sword on one shoulder.

I know I ought to make up a background story to make this scenario plausible, but when the narrative part of my brain heard this request, it went and hid under a blanket. Better not disturb it.

Neil's nuke theory is mostly right, but the blast leaves alive a small colonies of poodles. They survive, but the radiation mutates them. They develop language, culture, and a really bad fashion sense. They have to do battle with other mutant bands, but the only thing they can handle with their little paws are short swords. The various groups of mutants continue to battle until the only ones left are a race of humans that have been reduced to stick figures by the radiation. The stick figures eventually recolonize the area using materials found from the remains of Ikea stores. Thus begins TIme.

ETA Whatever that thing is looks really cute. Who's a cute little robot terrorist? You're a cute little robot terrorist!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

NoMouse

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SACRIFICE FACEBUGS

Postby NoMouse » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:19 pm UTC

In the current enhaned frame, I see a trashcan lid, a traffic cone, a bottle of mustard, a pair of blue pliers and some other random stuff I've not been able to identify yet, moving together across the ground. What the actual ch*rp? :shock: :D

ETA:
Here's how I see it:

RSIR:
Spoiler:
t-1_0118_enhance_enhanced.gif

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:37 pm UTC

ENHANCE!

It seems to be setting up to do something. Is that a flame?
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

NoMouse

I'M NOT A CASTRAFTLE BUT I ENHANCE ONE IN THE SEA

Postby NoMouse » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:50 pm UTC

It's definitely changing shape (or the pliers, cone, mustard... move relative to each other), probably a Transformer. Now the question is - is it a good Transforemer or a bad one?

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0119

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:30 am UTC

PROLONG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

d1MngVswd1c1ck0ddlEeg2E7ZkgkZUUccU4lVTocXEIlZUw0XUEdVTwjSDUiRzMdQi4aPzAfQC8gPTEkNygZOSMLRSoLEwwICQgGHBcSGRMNKB0SLichNywiLCMaARAPFyssUzYOb1AuAxkkAhgZbDEAJDM1Ii8xTDIOJgcBJRkNMxsHAgYZLyAPWUUza1E3aVRCSTwxRxkAAggiMB8QBCopFy8xBjQzBTAvAiAfBRoyCEE-NwcBWCYAaSgAeDYARwgCWBYBWQcECkdFaxYDgjwAdScBiEIAdhgEiSUFagkGhRIKdwkIegAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Time After Time: t-1_0119

Postby SBN » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:51 am UTC

mscha wrote:ENHANCE!

Where did it go?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:22 am UTC

Redundant:
Spoiler:
1582ott.png
Wait I can fix this. Picture a beanie in a hammock.
1582ottr.png
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:41 am UTC

Nicely ottified. I'm impressed with the beanish graffiti too. Whoever it is that put this together has an eye for language and art. Combined with 3D animation skills, that should narrow the list down quite a lot.

Any guesses?

ucim

Re: FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SACRIFICE FACEBUGS

Postby ucim » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:06 am UTC

NoMouse wrote:Here's how I see it:
Ch*rp! Now I can't see it any other way!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0120

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:30 am UTC

SHILLONGSWORTH...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

dlInd1Eeck0dZUUccU4lUzYPZkgkXUEdb1AuSzEORSoLOSMLVTscVDwjLyAPNygZQS4aMB8QJRkNNBsHGRMNLCMZEwwICQgGHBcSKB0SgV43YD8SXEIla1E3WkY0SDUiPzAfRzsyBBARLicgNywhPjEjdlc1ZUw0TkA0FyssJTM1aFRBgmJARzMdQC8gRxkAIi8xAgYZDB0pAgkiAxkkBCopBTAvAhgZBjQzAiAfFzAyCEE-C0lHJgcBaSgAbDIAOAcCeDYAgjwASAcDVxcBaxYDikMAWCYAdScBdhgEWAcEjSMHagkFdwkIhREKewAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:28 am UTC

slinches wrote:Nicely ottified. I'm impressed with the beanish graffiti too. Whoever it is that put this together has an eye for language and art. Combined with 3D animation skills, that should narrow the list down quite a lot.

Any guesses?

It really, truly, demonstrably wasn't me.
I lack the skill, the ability, the dedication, the capability, the opportunity and the Time, and I'm lazy. LAZY. LAZY
Spoiler:
I mean really lazy.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

balthasar_s

Re: Time After Time: t-1_0119

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:19 am UTC

SBN wrote:Where did it go?
Redundant
Spoiler:
whereditgo.png
whereditgo.png (20.3 KiB) Viewed 8584 times
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0121

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:30 am UTC

IMPOSONGNESS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

dVIngV44dlY1cU4lcU0dgWJBXUEeZUUcZkgka1VBVDocUjYPXEIlbFI3VTwjSDUiRzMdQS4aPzAfPjAjNygZNyMMNBsHCQgGEwwHGRMNHBcSKB0SLCMZLichOCwhb1AuWUUzTDIOQC8gRSsLJRkNARAPFyssiEMAZUw0Ii8xRzsyAxkkAhgZJDM1MB8QAgYZAgkiLyAPYD8SWCYACBwtBTAvBCopBjQzGDAyAiAfC0lGJwcBCUE-aSgARhkAbDIANwgBSAcDWAcEWRYBdScBeDYAgjwAaxYDdhgEkiMJhRIKaQoFdwkIegEQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Re: THAT'S NOT A TARDIS; _THIS_ IS A TARDIS

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:21 am UTC

NoMouse wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Of course that isn't a molpy. Our mouseless friend is almost right. It is a robot terrorist. There is a whole army of the little devils and they have invaded the city. They are currently testing the Straight bridge to start invading Morocco. As a defensive the Moroccan government decides to blow the bridge. The little devils on the bridge perish, but they are many. Like lemmings they drop themselves inthe Straight untill they can walk across, blocking the Straight. All the surviving devils invade Morocco. The Algerian government decides to nuke Morocco to stem the invasion. It succeeds but the American Nuclear Launch computer system detects the explosion and nukes Algeria. This triggers the Russian system and they nuke EVERYTHING.

That made me laugh really hard. :lol: Where can I like this post?

Your post is suitable substitute. Thanks!

NoMouse wrote:Here's how I see it:

Can't unsee

he/him/his

HES

Re: FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SACRIFICE FACEBUGS

Postby HES » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:37 am UTC

Traffic cone? No no, that's Ketchup.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0122

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

COUNSELONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

dFEocU4lgV87cU0edVY1a1E3YD8SZUUcZkckb1AtXEIlUzcPXUEdVTocVDwjRzMdSDUiPzAfQS4aQC8gPjAjSTwxNygZNSMNEwwHCQgGCBAOGRMNHBcSKB0SLCMZLichOCwhZVJBEx8gSzIONBsIMB8QFywtJDM0Ii8xRSsLJRkNLyAPiEIAWkY0ZUw0AgYZGC8yBjQzAhkZBCkpAxgkBTAvAyAfAggiCUE-CkhFOAYBWCcAeDYAbDIAJgcBRhkARggDVxcBagoFaxYDgjwAaSgAdhgEdScBjiQHhBgIWQcEdwgIhQwMewEQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:00 pm UTC

Beanie! And it speaks! Common Beanish, if I'm not mistaken.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ergman

:p

Postby ergman » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:21 pm UTC

whoah, that thingy is on the move.
Hey, progress in the regular ONGs! I imagine that's beanish for: "get up! We have a large bridge to build!"

My money is still on Chronos Dragon for this. He also hasn't been around for a while. Neither has Aluisio though, and this is confusing enough that he might have had some part in it.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”