Rick and Morty forever and forever a hundred years

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Flumble
Yes Man

Rick and Morty forever and forever a hundred years

Postby Flumble » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:22 pm UTC

It's a cartoon show with a scientist granddad alcoholic and his anxious grandchild who go on adventures in all of time and space the multiverse. It doesn't (regularly) have time travel, Rick just has a spacecar and a dimension portal gun. Also everyone's eyes are black specks on white –it never stops weirding you out.

Now you gotta ask yourself: should I binge-watch the whole two seasons tonight or cease living altogether because life is meaningless without it? Just kidding, it's rhetorical; of course you're going to watch the series right now, or else Rick will destroy our galaxy because he feeds on our Rick and Morty Brainwaves©.

There's a couple of episodes available for free if you're interested and lacking other means to watch it: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/pilot/

© I totally stole that concept from last episode. But unlike Rick, I'm not a hypocrite about it.

Tyndmyr

Re: Rick and Morty forever and forever a hundred years

Postby Tyndmyr » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:27 pm UTC

The pilot is actually a little rocky. Pretty much everyone I know was sorta "eh" at first, but rapidly grew addicted as they got further in. It's particularly good if you're a ravenous fan of sci-fi, etc, because they have a pretty blistering pace of blowing through sci fi conceits.

Flumble wrote:Now you gotta ask yourself: should I binge-watch the whole two seasons tonight or cease living altogether because life is meaningless without it?

Nobody wants to exist, nobody has a purpose, everyone's going to die. Let's go watch TV.

Tyndmyr

Rick and Morty

Postby Tyndmyr » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:50 pm UTC

Best thing on television. Seriously. Watch it. Finishing up season 2 right now, and it's basically a fast paced demented sci fi cartoon.

KnightExemplar

Re: Rick and Morty

Postby KnightExemplar » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:41 pm UTC

The show is very intelligent, but the jackass effect is a bit too strong for me. I can only watch a one or two episodes at a time tops before Rick pisses me off. I typically watch it online when I'm in the mood... but I guess I'm into more pleasant things now.
First Strike +1/+1 and Indestructible.

Flumble
Yes Man

Postby Flumble » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:57 pm UTC

They just had to do it: end the second season with a cliffhanger though no cliffhanger has occured in any other episode. :roll:

I feared the last episode was going to feature the kind of squanching Squanchy was doing earlier, but it turned out to be just a regular wedding. As regular as can be when it's in an R&M episode.

Tyndmyr wrote:Nobody wants to exist, nobody has a purpose, everyone's going to die. Let's go watch TV.

WHAT'S LEFT TO WATCH WHEN THERE'S NO MORE EPISODES OF RICK AND MORTY ?? :shock:

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:42 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:They just had to do it: end the second season with a cliffhanger though no cliffhanger has occured in any other episode. :roll:

I feared the last episode was going to feature the kind of squanching Squanchy was doing earlier, but it turned out to be just a regular wedding. As regular as can be when it's in an R&M episode.

Tyndmyr wrote:Nobody wants to exist, nobody has a purpose, everyone's going to die. Let's go watch TV.

WHAT'S LEFT TO WATCH WHEN THERE'S NO MORE EPISODES OF RICK AND MORTY ?? :shock:

Venture Bros. And rewatching Rick and Morty.

For a year and a half.

*grips chair tightly*

FearoftheDomo-Kun

Postby FearoftheDomo-Kun » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 am UTC

Just started watching, almost through first season.

This is really frickin' good.
So glad to meet you, Angeles

Isaac Hill
Systems Analyst????

Postby Isaac Hill » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:23 pm UTC

Saturday, April 1, [as] aired the Season 3 premiere with no advance notice instead of their regularly scheduling programming. They're airing it every night this week at 10pm. I caught it last night, though my cable guide still said Bob's Burgers.
Spoiler:
I'm glad original Summer was OK. When new Summer was trying the alternate universe goggles, she just mentioned board games, with no mention of Cronenbergs. I thought maybe that meant original Summer had died, so new Summer wasn't seeing her reality.

I wonder if they foreshadowed the eventual series finale:
Spoiler:
Rick finds a parallel universe where that Mulan movie spawned a franchise, and the sauce was never discontinued.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:24 am UTC

Season 3 started for real on Sunday.

I feel like it bounced back a bit from the premiere's effort to sort of burn down everything from the preceding season. (I'm just kind of burnt out on high body counts, with no real stakes for the main characters, personally).

Dan Harmon talking about the philosophy of the show brought me back to the show a bit too, but also makes me feel slightly bad for watching it because it kind of seems like Harmon is aging 5 years for every season of tv he puts out...

Summer as more of an active, driving force is refreshing.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 am UTC

It's currently on an infinite loop on the adult swim website.

"WHAT IS MY PURPOSE"
"You pass butter"
"OH MY GOD"
"Yeah, join the club"

So, I'm loving any episode that has music at the end. Did not know that Mazzy Star had more than one song (Look on down from the bridge). Special props to For the Damaged Coda, and Do You Feel It. Added that comma in to make it less confusing, if you have a problem save it for the semantics dome.

Isaac Hill wrote:I wonder if they foreshadowed the eventual series finale:
Spoiler:
Rick finds a parallel universe where that Mulan movie spawned a franchise, and the sauce was never discontinued.

Nope:
Spoiler:
It turns out Rick knew all along that he was a cartoon, that every horrible thing that ever happened to him in an infinite different ways is just for our sick entertainment, that if his multiverse ever stopped being so hilariously awful it'd all end in an instant.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:06 am UTC

I'm so annoyed with myself and how much over thinking I can do over this vulgar, cartoon, comedy show.

The micro-verse battery still bothers me.
Spoiler:
Why put people in it? all ethics aside, It's just infinite extra steps to really, really, really inefficient solar power.
Rick can put together a sentient robot just to pass butter,
with like, 5 of those he could build a solar array in a few in micro-verse decades, that would put out way more electricity than any number humanoids stepping on boxes.
Also, they're in there long enough for spider peace to be achieved, but only a few months pass inside the ...nano-verse? inside the teeny verse.
I'd sketch out an equation, but I feel dumb thinking it through this much.

This last season has leaned further into a
Spoiler:
Simpson's style, one resetting year timeline.
I'm spoiled by cartoon series with long running arcs, and timelines planned out in detail, and put work into subtle signs of change and aging...

There's clearly continuity, and more than a year's worth of stuff has happened. Way more counting time spent in the teeny verse, the frozen time at the end of season 1, and everything implied or shown in Morty Mind Blowers.
The series started at a somewhat defined point in time, with Rick moving in, Morty age 14, and Summer age 17. None of their ages have changed, and they're in the same school grade, and wearing the same outfits.
Even tho' the first episode of season 3 Rick updates his ranting to "97 years Rick and Morty!" and one of the Morty Mind Blowers had Morty in front of a cake with "13" candles on it
... what if unlocking the multiverse also created a looping timeline

It might say something kind of sad that The Citadel of Ricks is exclusively Ricks and Morties?
Spoiler:
I mean, the reason for it is that the name of the show is Rick and Morty and it's a cartoon show based around Justin Roiland's funny voices. As the wordbuilding expands tho', what are the implications that across multiverses, none of the Ricks had any other relationships significant enough to bring in there? The Jerryboree had Beth's second husband. There's got to be other timelines where Rick had other children, or grandchildren. Again, Morty has (and presumably, all Morties have?) been alive for 14 years, how consistent has his brainwave pattern been able to cancel out Rick's brainwave patterns?
What kind of infinite are the infinite timelines?
There's no cascade effect when they jump to universe where they both died.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:50 pm UTC

The short answer is that The Citadel is actual one in an infinite number of citadels. THIS citadel is the one filled with only Rick and Morties. In most timelines,
Spoiler:
Beth has the abortion so neither Summer nor Morty exist
, so most citadels are Ricks, with maybe the occasional Squanchy or Unity.

As for the microverse battery, solar panels and wind farms and such need to be maintained and repaired, and robots can't repair themselves nor adapt. It'd make more sense to constantly uplift the microverse people, teaching them about fission and so forth for far more energy output, but they move through time faster and could invent things faster than Rick could and might overtake him.

Also, take a look at the name of that episode, "The Ricks must be Crazy." This is a reference to the movie "The Gods must be Crazy," that is, Rick is a god. It's entirely possible that an earlier draft had Rick as a messed up version of OUR god, stealing energy through prayer and sacrifices, and OUR universe is also a microverse battery powering God's electric toothbrush.

cephalopod9

Re: Rick and Morty forever and forever, 97 years

Postby cephalopod9 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:22 am UTC

Is there anything in the actual show to suggest... anything quantifiable about the timelines? Rick says "most timelines have a Rick,
and most Rick's have Morty". I don't think it's most universes
Spoiler:
where Beth doesn't become a parent, but most of the interesting ones, where Beth is a surgeon for humans, or Jerry is a famous actor, are ones where they didn't settle down in their late teens. Even the interesting universes that the Smiths browse through are pretty normal compared to most cross sections of the Rick and Morty multiverse.
It's sort of unclear how the mutiverse applies to the citadel. If there were infinite citadels, there'd be infinite citadels that
Spoiler:
weren't destroyed by Rick in the season 3 premiere, and it'd be pretty easy for them to come after Rick 137-C ... or whatever body he jumped into...

It is clear that the citadel represents a small portion of all possible Ricks. The Ricks and Morties are all male for example. (outside of a Gravity Falls easter egg) These characters definitely would not get along with female versions of themselves.
CorruptUser wrote:As for the microverse battery, solar panels and wind farms and such need to be maintained and repaired, and robots can't repair themselves nor adapt.
The butter robot is self aware. Why wouldn't one of those be able to repair other robots? What would it need to adapt to?
Spoiler:
Rick made the universe, and the planet. With just a robotic solar array, they wouldn't be any need for an ecosystem, or even an atmosphere with weather. Robots would be way more stable than a humanoid population.
Disease, war, ideological shifts, changes in population, economics, and so many other factors would cause inconsistencies in the battery's output.
and again, that's for a ludicrously, incomprehensibly inefficient system. The planet's sun gives off energy through fusion, a small portion of that energy filters through the planets atmosphere, a fraction of that energy is converted by plants into chemical energy, a small portion of that chemical energy goes through the food chain to create the people, who also have to work to feed, clothe, shelter and reproduce among themselves, and then they step on boxes.
Even imagining the box stepping is extremely efficient electricity production, that's so, so , so sooo much less than if even like, 0.01% of the sunlight hitting a similar planet is converted directly into electricity.

CorruptUser wrote:Also, take a look at the name of that episode, "The Ricks must be Crazy." This is a reference to the movie "The Gods must be Crazy," that is, Rick is a god.
Yeah, the desire to lord of people is a clear motivation of Rick's, and there's a number of ridiculous flourishes, like the antennae headband to make himself look "like an alien", when he already looks nothing like the people he's visiting.
Also, it's a cartoon show.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:30 am UTC

Re-Microverse
Spoiler:
Setting up robots which self repair and build solar panels is *work*. It'll take hours of planning and testing, after you create the microverse.

Setting up a universe to spawn life is barely any twerking over one that won't, then convincing them you're a god is a hilarious afternoon that's more pleasure than work.

Rick is a lazy asshole.

That's why it's inhabited with sentients. It's the lazier solution.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Flumble
Yes Man

Postby Flumble » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:28 am UTC

Also Rick knows he's in a cartoon show, so he'd better have some interesting inventions and adventures or the show will be canceled and he won't exist anymore.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:43 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Re-Microverse

Rick is a lazy asshole.
true, I can't say it's out of character.
It still leaves the question of whether you could even break even with this kind of system. There's sort of a long running misconception in speculative fiction that being an alive, walking around, person somehow generates energy rather than uses it up.
It also leaves the question of whether there's any value in thinking this over, which there probably is not.

The show has kind of an interesting blend of attention to continuity, and contempt for continuity.
Spoiler:
Who's to say Rick didn't replace Beth,
and then erase his memory of replacing Beth? Does it matter if across the multiverse there's inevitably going to be both outcomes?

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:48 am UTC

So I saw this the other night.

Judge Morty. The animators created an animated re-enactment of a real, actual court transcript, and it sounds like some sort of overly long deleted scene from the Tales from the Citadel episode.

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:02 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:The short answer is that The Citadel is actual one in an infinite number of citadels. THIS citadel is the one filled with only Rick and Morties. In most timelines,
Spoiler:

Now that we know more...that would only address Summer, Morty's appear to be quite common.

That said, the "can only swap universes 3 or 4 more times" does appear that *something* is different about most of their families, sufficiently so as to make dropping in impossible. There's a lot of Ricks. A lot of Mortys. A lot of Jerries. Must be something else.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:11 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Re-Microverse
Setting up robots which self repair and build solar panels is *work*. It'll take hours of planning and testing, after you create the microverse.

Re-re-re-microverse (and also Pickle Rick spoilers)
Spoiler:
Rick made a functioning exoskeleton out of rat guts while he was a pickle and it never once failed on him during the many ensuing gunfights. Not to mention the battery operated laser-deathcannon and all the traps he set up in that episode. Now that I think about it: did any of Rick's gizmos (other than the battery) ever fail?
Seems like building a self-repairing solar array wouldn't take that much time for this sort of guy.
"It's like he's his own alt account. Saves all the logging in and out."/poxic
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:06 am UTC

there's a definite trend of over engineering under... thinking things through?

look at his ridiculous robot arm in The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy
Spoiler:
All those moving parts! just to grab the gun! which is an action a normal hand on a normal arm can do
and then! it doesn't even bring it to where his other hand can reach it!

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:02 am UTC

His inventions occasionally fail. Like that time in Vindicators III where
Spoiler:
He (very drunkenly) built a device that would only work if Nub-Nub activated in, but it failed to detect that it was Morty in the device

Also, we only see the versions where he succeeds. There's infinite realities, so an infinite number of Pickle-Ricks exist, and an infinite number of them died outside without any rain to save him, an infinite number got eaten by rat before they could build their suit, etc. It's toyed with in that Blips and Shitz episode, where it turns out at the very end we were watching a different Rick and Morty try and save Fart while our Rick and Morty spent all day in an arcade. Or maybe a different Rick and Morty and Jerry were in the beginning?

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:52 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:It's toyed with in that Blips and Shitz episode, where it turns out at the very end we were watching a different Rick and Morty try and save Fart while our Rick and Morty spent all day in an arcade.

Huh, I don't recall that reveal, although it wouldn't be out of character for the series.
"It's like he's his own alt account. Saves all the logging in and out."/poxic
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:11 pm UTC

Unless, of course, we weren't watching a different one.

Not like Rick would care which Jerry he got back.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:38 am UTC

I always wondered why Rick didn't do something to make Jerry less Jerry. Like, invasive brain surgery sort of thing.
He might be lazy, but it's way less convoluted than the season 3 premiere. Best answer is that rick is his own enemy in so many ways, and avoids even the evil solution because being happy bores him.

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:10 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:I always wondered why Rick didn't do something to make Jerry less Jerry. Like, invasive brain surgery sort of thing.
He might be lazy, but it's way less convoluted than the season 3 premiere. Best answer is that rick is his own enemy in so many ways, and avoids even the evil solution because being happy bores him.

Well, it *also* took care of other problems plaguing Rick. He certainly seemed to greatly enjoy sticking it to the Federation and the Citadel.

Of course, arguably it lead to the problems we see in the Citadel now. So, that definitely plays into Rick being his own worst enemy. But he *definitely* planned the convoluted path in order to get rid of old enemies, which is extremely consistent with his character. Invasive brain surgery seems...probably boring to him. It'd "solve" Jerry, but the rest of the family would be unhappy with it, and it'd result in a lot of hassle. There's a strong implication that Beth prefers to select Jerry or someone like him, and it's likely that Rick's going to be unhappy with the result either way.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:12 am UTC

Destroying the citadel wasn't ricks plan. Just the federation. But then seal team Rick got involved...

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:07 pm UTC

Fair, that was kind of a bonus for him. The federation was the plan.

I wonder what Rick actually wants. I mean, he seems happiest when wreaking havoc in some clever fashion, sure, but that's fleeting. And he's constantly going on expeditions to get stuff for his work, but I'm not sure what his endgame is.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:25 pm UTC

You assume he does have an endgame. If he did, he wouldn't be so adverse to therapy. He just doesn't care, and is doing whatever he wants because nothing he will ever do could ever make a speck of difference in the infinity that is the multiverse.

Isaac Hill
Systems Analyst????

Postby Isaac Hill » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:32 pm UTC

In the season 3 premeire, only protagonist Rick had drool on his chin. I don't know if they've been doing that since the beginning, but it'd be worth keeping an eye on in older multi-Rick episodes.

Tyndmyr wrote:I wonder what Rick actually wants. I mean, he seems happiest when wreaking havoc in some clever fashion, sure, but that's fleeting. And he's constantly going on expeditions to get stuff for his work, but I'm not sure what his endgame is.
He wants szechuan sauce. Until he gets some, he'll do things that give him a combination of adrenaline rush and ego boost.

cephalopod9 wrote:The micro-verse battery still bothers me.
Spoiler:
Why put people in it? all ethics aside, It's just infinite extra steps to really, really, really inefficient solar power.
Rick can put together a sentient robot just to pass butter,
with like, 5 of those he could build a solar array in a few in micro-verse decades, that would put out way more electricity than any number humanoids stepping on boxes.
Also, they're in there long enough for spider peace to be achieved, but only a few months pass inside the ...nano-verse? inside the teeny verse.
I'd sketch out an equation, but I feel dumb thinking it through this much.
Spoiler:
Butter-bot went from creation to crippling existencial crisis in about 5 seconds. The Morty-bot decoy from Rickmancing the Stone didn't fare much better. Maybe a Rick-designed bot could power the microverse, but would it? Rick probably has an easier time getting self-preservation with organics.

cephalopod9 wrote:It might say something kind of sad that The Citadel of Ricks is exclusively Ricks and Morties?
Spoiler:
I mean, the reason for it is that the name of the show is Rick and Morty and it's a cartoon show based around Justin Roiland's funny voices. As the wordbuilding expands tho', what are the implications that across multiverses, none of the Ricks had any other relationships significant enough to bring in there? The Jerryboree had Beth's second husband. There's got to be other timelines where Rick had other children, or grandchildren. Again, Morty has (and presumably, all Morties have?) been alive for 14 years, how consistent has his brainwave pattern been able to cancel out Rick's brainwave patterns?
What kind of infinite are the infinite timelines?
There's no cascade effect when they jump to universe where they both died.
Spoiler:
I assume that any universe where Rick didn't have Beth, or Beth didn't have Morty, meant that Rick was captured/defeated due to unconcealed brainwaves, and never joined the Citadel. Though, I would like to see a universe where Rick married someone else, having a daughter similar to, but not identical to Beth, voiced by Lecy Goranson.

Tyndmyr wrote:
CorruptUser wrote:The short answer is that The Citadel is actual one in an infinite number of citadels. THIS citadel is the one filled with only Rick and Morties. In most timelines,
Spoiler:

Now that we know more...that would only address Summer, Morty's appear to be quite common.

That said, the "can only swap universes 3 or 4 more times" does appear that *something* is different about most of their families, sufficiently so as to make dropping in impossible. There's a lot of Ricks. A lot of Mortys. A lot of Jerries. Must be something else.

Spoiler:
If Beth aborts Summer, she probably doesn't stick with Jerry long enough to have Morty.
The "3 or 4 times" is more about that becoming a lazy and unsatisfying ending than anything in-multiverse.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:58 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Unless, of course, we weren't watching a different one.

Or maybe it was our R&M that went on the journey to save fart while a different group dropped off their Jerry.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:06 am UTC

Rick says "that's my one armed man" about the mcnuggets sauce. What's that a reference to?

Tyndmyr wrote:
CorruptUser wrote:I always wondered why Rick didn't do something to make Jerry less Jerry. Like, invasive brain surgery sort of thing.

Well, it *also* took care of other problems plaguing Rick. He certainly seemed to greatly enjoy sticking it to the Federation and the Citadel.
I'm trying to think of a time he solves problems through direct mind control or brain alteration, besides his own constant intoxication. He does build an inception machine but again
Spoiler:
it's circuitous, over complicated, and unnecessary at almost every level. He could just give Morty's math teacher, like a $20 bribe.
There's Morty's Mind-blowers, but that's just taking stuff out.

CorruptUser wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:Unless, of course, we weren't watching a different one.

Or maybe it was our R&M that went on the journey to save fart while a different group dropped off their Jerry.

At the end of the Fart episode
Spoiler:
Rick loads up the spaceship trunk with some green rocks,
which are later implicated as a source of the parasites when he sits down to breakfast with Mr. PoopyButthole
Which a lot of viewers take mean both episodes take place in a dimension different from "our" Rick C-137, and it may or may not make any difference.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:39 pm UTC

I'm going with the theory that the first Jerry/Morty/Rick are from a different dimension while the ones with Fart and the total Rickall are from our dimension. Ok, not ours, but the C-137 Rick, whichever dimension they are currently in, and whichever dimension Morty is actually from if he's not the C-137 Morty.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:14 pm UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:Rick says "that's my one armed man" about the mcnuggets sauce. What's that a reference to?

The Fugitive is an American drama series created by Roy Huggins. It was produced by QM Productions and United Artists Television. It aired on ABC from 1963 to 1967. David Janssen starred as Dr. Richard Kimble, a physician who is falsely convicted of his wife's murder and sentenced to receive the death penalty. En route to death row, Dr. Richard Kimble's train derails over a switch, allowing him to escape and begin a cross-country search for the real killer, a "one-armed man" (played by Bill Raisch). At the same time, Dr. Kimble is hounded by the authorities, most notably by Police Lieutenant Philip Gerard (Barry Morse). - Wikipedia

White Whale would also work.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”