1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

THAT SPELLS DISASTER TO ME

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:43 pm UTC

Does that tank have brakes?

ETA: replaying:
What do y'otters think is going to happen?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

ergman

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ergman » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:31 pm UTC

maybe it'll start dumping some goop up in there, blocking the straight. Or maybe it will release a swarm of beavers, to the same end.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:35 pm UTC

The truckpy has been standing still for at least 7 frames now, so I'm not too worried about the brakes.
But what about that hose it's extending? Is it going to dump chemicals? Or is it about to fill up with water?

Spoiler:
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:47 pm UTC

bachaddict wrote:Five months and more than 80 NPs since I last opened the OTT. Cool to see Time going on!
Does anyomolpy want to update me on what cool projects are happening?

Hi, bachaddict! I didn't recognize you! The new ONGs are puzzling and fascinating. Give a few theories while you're here!

mrob27 wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:I think the bucket was coffee for the little diskworld-type demon powering the seismograph. See, in the future durable technology is no longer green, it is red. It is powered by little demons that we lured from their dimension to ours with coffee.

There is a slight problem though, the large demons from that dimension (the size of an office building) also like coffee and don't like us taking away their workforce. […]

You mean these guys?
Spoiler:

You neglect to mention that while these larger demons do like their coffee, they find cancer and starsand totally irresistible. By altering the composition of the black pixels appropriately, the beanies hope to stave off the demonpolcalypse. Later, other ingredients were added for reasons that are difficult to explain to a family audience, and snow was added in a last ditch effort to combat the heat, but all was lost and forgotten to the sands of Time…

Earthling on Mars wrote:(Is that on the wiki? It ought to be on the wiki. There's another one on that page too, and I thought I remembered an enhancement of the whole frame.)

I doubt a single ENHANCEment would show all the writing. Here I have enhanced it once to show the writing in the dry areas, a second time to show the writing in the brine lake areas:

Spoiler:

— mrob27 Image

(P.S. My favourite manip from that period was always this one by @higgs-boson, OTT:1171:14, even though they mis-spelled molpy…)

:azule: this demon theory is sounding better all the time.
Spoiler:
And how do you know it was a mis-spelling? Maybe it was moply shit they ran into. Totally different than molpy shit. :)

ucim wrote:Some enhancements of recent enhanced new ONGs.
#165:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's a giant popsicle, and is being moved into a giant factory to have its stick attached. On the right is a stick of recycled butter; is this perhaps our own Buttermongery we're looking at? So anyway, they cook the wagonwheel pasta in the Mediterranean sea using the radioactive waste from the power plant that used to control the dam, and they put the popsicle in it instead of the recycled butter. As this is revolting, France revolts and the seismometer registers the combined stomach rumblings of the entire country. Uneaten, the pasta clogs the dam, the sea drains, the pressure builds, and the stage is set for the Beginning of Time.

No, it's not a stick of butter. It's a spaghetti box that was tipped over on its side, and those yellow things are the spaghetti spilling out of it. Seriously, though, it does look like it's on its side and the yellow things are spilling out of it.

I haven't seen anymolpy mention what's happening on the left side (as we're facing it) of the truckrobot. In frame 163 you can see something protruding from that side of the tank; in the next frame it's moved further away from the tank. By frame 166, you can see it looking like an inverted U sticking out about from the top of the tank. In frame 176, you can see something white on the left side by frame 178, you can see what looks like a large black hose hanging off of the tanker, with one of those white L-shaped things attached to it like you see on the extra wheel. I think it is either drawing water up, or discharging something into the water.

It also looks like there's some sort of flat thing underneath the tank that you don't see at the beginning, but that might just be the angle.

I've been previewed-ninja'd by mscha, but I'm gonna post it anyway. ETA 2 And by mrob, on the previous page. That's what I get for not reading very thoroughly.

ETA It's still nice getting ninja'd!
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:44 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mrob27

BE VEWY VEWY QUIET, I'M DEMUSTAWDING ROBOLPIES

Postby mrob27 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:05 am UTC

I like the idea of a moply, because then we can have a Moply of Awesomeness, and perhaps even a Wearer of the Moply of Awesomeness!

lmjb1964 wrote:I haven't seen anymoply mention what's happening on the left side (as we're facing it) of the truckrobot. […]

Just the "broken wheel" idea. After frame 166 @NoMouse, OTT:2386:33, wrote "Is the truck losing a wheel and is there a spare wheel conveniently leaning against that wall?". The idea was supported after frame 175 by @mscha, OTT:2387:29, who wrote "Looks like it's a wheel changing robolpy, probably about to fix the right rear wheel." Then my reply suggesting there was a hose, and then @NoMouse, both before what you called ninja'ing by @mscha. But your summary is much more complete.

I agree, it looks a lot more like spaghetti sticking out of a tipped-over giant spaghetti box. Maybe the spaghetti is for the giant demons.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0179

Postby mscha » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:30 am UTC

DISPONGE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

a2JZcmhdd2xiZFxUV1VLUk1GR0pGPURDQU5TP0xTOTc0KDc3OD5BTVFMS1VWjoFzmYl5oY9+qZaEuKKPh3pte3Bl---+6820---nVVtVO0E+YVhPzrSf-+7QRkI9UkY6Qjs1SzRAXGBVKzEtNjIuNjASJyQcJC4xGyUlHTAtNC0xGSEeGC0xMi4rGjQ2KCgoFhwhFRocCBcYJxwlCiYlTCQ4CR4hCyEZDTxBBjY7JyoFRTYWFxUIRjUqVUcNeWITa1cNGgshGAgbIx0aJRATCw4RBgcIEQ0KMg4oTCoxSRIxSxk2QwIfiG0SDhALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: BE VEWY VEWY QUIET, I'M DEMUSTAWDING ROBOLPIES

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:42 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:I like the idea of a moply, because then we can have a Moply of Awesomeness, and perhaps even a Wearer of the Moply of Awesomeness!

lmjb1964 wrote:I haven't seen anymoply mention what's happening on the left side (as we're facing it) of the truckrobot. […]

Just the "broken wheel" idea. After frame 166 @NoMouse, OTT:2386:33, wrote "Is the truck losing a wheel and is there a spare wheel conveniently leaning against that wall?". The idea was supported after frame 175 by @mscha, OTT:2387:29, who wrote "Looks like it's a wheel changing robolpy, probably about to fix the right rear wheel." Then my reply suggesting there was a hose, and then @NoMouse, both before what you called ninja'ing by @mscha. But your summary is much more complete.

I agree, it looks a lot more like spaghetti sticking out of a tipped-over giant spaghetti box. Maybe the spaghetti is for the giant demons.

mrob27 wrote:I like the idea of a moply, because then we can have a Moply of Awesomeness, and perhaps even a Wearer of the Moply of Awesomeness!

Oops. :oops: Well, NoMouse's post doesn't specifically suggest the black thing is a hose. Yours does, of course, pretty plainly. For some reason, though, when I read your post the first time, I saw you mention something that existed separately from the four wheel of the tank, and I was thinking about the wheel thing leaning against the building. I was probably multi-tasking and didn't read your post very thoroughly. :( I shall clarify in my post...

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mrob27

BAGPUNS... IN SPACE!

Postby mrob27 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:46 am UTC

I still think your description is better because it's more unified, complete, and coherent. I, too, have been missing things from time to time; in my case it's because of the higher volume of posts and trying to ketchup too quickly. This is all part of the OTT experience and in no way diminisheth the awesomeful moplies or their wearers.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0180

Postby mscha » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:30 am UTC

SITATONGAS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

a2JZcmhdd21iZFxTVVtVWFZLUk1GR0pGQU5TP0xTOkE+OTc0PURDKDg4Nz5BTVFLS1VWh3ptmYl5oY9+qZaFt6KP-+vO---+---ne3Flj4ByYVhP6820Qjs1zLOeUkY6TTJARkI8LUFANjIuKzEtNjARGyUlHDAtJC0xNCwxXGBVKCUcLkA-CTxBGSEdGC0xGjU2Mi4rKCgoFhwhJxwlFRscCiYlTCoxGQshCBcZCR4hBjY7DCEXJyoERDUWRjUqeGEUalcNGAgbVEYOIxwZCw4RFxYIEg0LMg4oBgcHSRIxJRETTCQ5Sxk2QQIeDRANiG0SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0181

Postby mscha » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:30 am UTC

UPHEAPONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

a2NZcmhdd2xiZFxTWFZLUk1GR0pGQU5TP0xTOUE+OTc0Nz5BPERDTVFKS1VWh3lsmYl5oZB+qJaEt6KPzLOdVVtW-uzP---+---oeXBlYVhPKDg4j4FzLkFARkI8UUU56s20SjNBKzEtNjIuNjESKCgoHDAtGSEeJyQcQjs1JC4xLkA-GS0xXGBVGjU2NS0yGyUlMi4rTCkxFhwhCiYlGQshJhwlCR4hFRscCEFFBjY7DDxACiEaJyoFRDUXRjUqeGEUalYNh20SCw4RIxwZVUcNFwgbCBcZEg0KBgcHFxUIDRALMQ4oJRMRSBIwSxk2QwgfTCQ4AAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ggh

Re: BTTBAA: 867

Postby ggh » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:45 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
mrob27 wrote:
mscha wrote:How do you get into those buildings?

See the posts with the yellow and black chequered patterns? Two of them mark the edges of a portal to the past (or future) like that in the balthafilm Takie Czasy. You go through the portal to a time when the buildings had not yet been built. There is another portal "inside" the building so you can then return to a later time when the building exists.
  Protip: Have some extra self-powered robotwheels lying around, in case your future self steals the ones you were using.
Or maybe you go through the portal and you're inside?
If it can work as a time portal there is no reason for it not to work as a space portal too (?)

Hmm, I never tried to use it as a space portal before...

Wait for it, I have to check something...

oh, neat.

Okay, that's pretty awesomeful!
But why is your alpha channel so good?

On Friday I concluded my note in someone's leaving card, "Be a happy molpy."
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0182

Postby mscha » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

LONGHAND...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

a2NZcmhdd2xiZFxUWFZKUk1GR0pGQU5TP0xTOTc0PERDMD1BTVFKS1VWVVtWmYl5qZaEoY9+t6KPjoFzenBl---+6syz---p-+3QhnlsLkFBOEE+Qjs1zbSeYVlPRkI8UkY6SzlBXGBVKzEtMi4rNjEuKDg4GyUlHDAtJyUcNjATLkA-GSEeJS4xNCwxKCgoTCkxFhwhCh4hFRscJhwlCBcZCEBEBjY7CiYlHiIFVEYMRDUWByEeJyoERzUqGjQ2GgshalcNhmwSeGERIxwZFwgbGC4yEg4LFhQJDRALCw4RMg8oTCM4BgYHSRIxSxk2JhETQgQfAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0183

Postby mscha » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

PROLONGATE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

a2JZcmhdd2xiZFxUVFtWWFZLUk1GR0pGP0xTQU5TPERDOTc0LkFALT1BOUE+TVFKe3FmmYl5oY9+qZaE---+-+zP---nhnlsYVlPQjs1uaOQRkI8zbSeS1VWjoFyUEU46cuySzlBKDg4KjEtNjEuGyUlJyQcHDAtNjESMi4rNSwxJS0xLkA-GSEeXGBVGC4yGjQ2KCgoTCkxFhwhCh4hFRscRjYqMg8oJhslGgshBjY7CiclJyoFRTUWHiEFBiEeCBgZeGEValcNhmwSIxwZVEcNFwgbCw4RFhQJEg0KDhAMSRIwJhISSxk2TCQ4QQQfBgYHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:08 pm UTC

I've marked some recurring word parts on the sign.
I'd guess the yellow word is a preposition and the orange letter is perhaps an article. Could the purple bit be a suffix, like a verb tense indicator?
I should have marked the words that occur on the roadsign too (the first word and the last in the second line) but I didn't. Oops.

ETA: Ah, Hammock Girl has returned with the water. Has she had a swim? I'm guessing yes; the tall beanie has frozen in his tracks - I bet she is stunning. :)
Spoiler:
recurring.jpg
redundantGurmukhi.jpg
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:21 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:I still think your description is better because it's more unified, complete, and coherent. I, too, have been missing things from time to time; in my case it's because of the higher volume of posts and trying to ketchup too quickly. This is all part of the OTT experience and in no way diminisheth the awesomeful moplies or their wearers.

And I was so distracted by missing your other post, I forgot to say that this:

gave me many many warm fuzzies moplies molpies. :D

ggh wrote:I've marked some recurring word parts on the sign.
I'd guess the yellow word is a preposition and the orange letter is perhaps an article. Could the purple bit be a suffix, like a verb tense indicator?
I should have marked the words that occur on the roadsign too (the first word and the last in the second line) but I didn't. Oops.

Steakish! But what language is the redundant sign in? Ah, never mind, just saw the file name. :) That's two things I learned from you todip; I didn't know what "alpha channel" meant.

ggh wrote:Ah, Hammock Girl has returned with the water. Has she had a swim? I'm guessing yes; the tall beanie has frozen in his tracks - I bet she is stunning. :)

Yes! She'll look at him and see him gazing at her, throw down her bucket, and they'll run into each other's arms, with this playing in the background. The seismograph will stop working since they haven't replenished the pixels, so no one will know a catastrophe is coming. Thus end the Beanies, but these two won't care because they'll be consumed by passion.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:51 pm UTC

Ah, romance! Finally.

So, do I get it right: ggh's redundant sign is in Punjabi? But the first, red, word is the same as the first, red, word in the ONG sign? And the same color and font... But no other character is the same, I think.

Oh, right, ggh is a known image trickster. I forgot about that for a moment. Well done!
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:57 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:But what language is the redundant sign in?

Here's an incomplete analysis.
Spoiler:

Redundant:
redundantGurmukhi-decoded-1.png
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1534

Postby mscha » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:00 pm UTC

AUFKLÄRONG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by ggh.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:REMAIN CALM AND MINDGREP PUNSAWS

-- posted by randompixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0184

Postby mscha » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

TONGRAMS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

a2NZZFxUc2hdWFVLR0pGP0xTQU5TPURDOTYzL0FATVFMh3ptmYl5oY9+qJWEsp2LuaOQzbSeeW5jUkxG---+RkI8---oOkE9VFpWXGBVYFhP--DSLT5BjoFzUUU4S1VWNiwxSDhB-t7C6820KDg3KjEtNjEuGyYmJi0xHDAtJyUcGSEeMi4rQjs1NjASLUA-HiEEKCgoTCoxFhwhJRwlFRscCR4hCBgZGQshCiclBjc8GjQ2TCQ5VUcLBiEeRjYqRDQWDA0RFwgbIxwZeGEUalcNMg8oGC0xEg0KFhMJBSs3SRIwShk2JRETBQYGJysEDhAKhWsSAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

balthasar_s

BTTBAA: 879

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:28 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Okay, that's pretty awesomeful!
But why is your alpha channel so good?
You mean the alpha of the inserted part?

That's because it was bigger and scaled down.
Original:
Spoiler:
You'll notice that on this scale alpha isn't that good anymore.
zrowerem.png
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:57 pm UTC

Ooh - you cut out all those spokes by hand... I was wondering if you had shot yourself on a greenscreen or something. Anyways, lovely job!

Laura Mae - perfect! Maybe if we all play that soundtrack as loud as we can on our computer speakers and think dirty thoughts we can summon our wayward fox....

Don't get nerdsniped with my redundasignage! I didn't translate anything properly; I just kept trying different fonts, looking for something curly. When that one popped up, some of the letters didn't appear, but by substituting some capital letters I could get something. Spaces came out as question marks, so I had to use invisible letters instead. This was my input:
Spoiler:
IdddtolDdddyou
thatdddI'm
reDunDAnt.

Whydddyoudddno
Believedddme?
What I thought was kinda neato though is how the e just looks like a diacritic. I wonder if all those marks in the hidden ONGs are behaving similarly....

ETA: Heh - I think you may have called it June Bug....
Agatha the Awesomeful

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0185

Postby mscha » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:30 am UTC

ORONGEMEN...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

ZF1UYVhOV1NMTVFMU0xGR0lGRkI9Nz5BPURDP0xSQU5TPEE9OTYzKDU0e3FmmYl5qpeFoY9+zLOduKOPhnlsamNa---+6syz---od21ic2hdj4F0U1lVSlRW-+-R-d3CUEU2Qjs1SzVBGC4xJi0xP0ErNisyKjEtKCgoGjQ2GyYmJyQcHTAtGSEeMi4rFhwhNjEuTCkyCR4hFhscJhslMg8oGAshBSg1CBgaFwgbDjxBBjg8CSYkHiIEBiEeRjYqDAwRIxwYQgIdSRIwShk2TCQ5RDIVFhILDhAOEg0KJRESNi8QBQUFKSsFY1EOa1cOhWsSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

Eventually the King found the Newpix itself and a tiny satisfying *#+1#* flitted up. "Oho! A simple clicking game with boosts! These bOTTifactors will be in the furnace before noon!" and the King continued Clicking, and the hotdog responded -- but less and less readily.

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0186

Postby mscha » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:30 am UTC

FONGERPICKS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

R0pHPEE9OjYzKDUzPURDP0xSQk5TTVFMhnlsoY9+mIh4qpaFuaOQzLKdVlNMe3FlU0xGV1dTc2hdd21i---+amNaj4FzSVRVR0I8TTNBJT1BQjs1UUU6-d3C---oZF1VYVZLJi0x-+-R6s2zMi4rNjEuKjEtKCgoGycmJyUcGSIeHTEtFhwhJxolGwshGC0xBBApFhscCR4hCBgaBiEeCCQjNjARRDQUeGIUTCQ5VkgLDAsSIxwZMg8oFggaRzAnShk2SRIwRAYeUSU7RjUqJhESGTM1FhMLBjc8BSo2CEJFEg0KBQUFKSsFHiEFalcMDRAOhWsSAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964

time after Time: t-1_0187

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:28 am UTC

HILLISH SLITHERMOLP IS THE LATEST SONGLE OFF OF THE LATEST VHF ALBUM. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

-- posted by lmjbot

enhancement after Time: t-1_0187
14 Oct 2015, 8:28 UTC
THE MOLPOSSUM IS TOO CH*RPONG NEAT -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

-- posted by lmjbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0188

Postby mscha » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

REONGAGE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

TVFMd21il4d3oo9+qpeFuaOPx6+ZamNaWVdTRklGU0xGVlNMc2hdQk5TP0xS---+6820-d3BenBlh3puPUNDjoFzZF1VR1JWOjYzOD9AO0E9RkI9Qjs1---n3cGpYlZLXmBe-+-RTjFAKDczUUU71bukCzxBJy4xGS4yGicmJykoFhwhNzItMy0qJzEtGCIeKCQdHTAsGjM1Bis1CR4gFhsbGgshFQgaAxApPkAkCBgZByQiMREnJBwYBiEfTCQ5DQkSShk2SRIwUSU7Ry8mNjAPRDEWEg0KRjYqJhASFxYGBjg9QwMfBQQFDRENYVAMHiEDKSsEgWgRAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

NoMouse

UNBASEMENTING IS A ART

Postby NoMouse » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:06 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:(...)
Oops. :oops: Well, NoMouse's post doesn't specifically suggest the black thing is a hose.
(...)

Indeed, I did not even notice any black thing behind the truck at that time. And only after your debate, I realized that what I thought before was a wheel slowly coming off the truck was actually this hose. Now the question is - will it be pumping water from the sea or dumping whatever-could-be-stored-in-the-tank in the sea?
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0189

Postby mscha » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

SQUINTONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

TVBLRUhG-+-R---9Qk5UPENEoZB+-d3C---nVllWY1xUc2hdeG1ifHFlV1NMhnlsi31xlIV2a2NaR1JWOTc0Nz9BO0E9Qjs1RUI9UUU77c+13cKqYFRKXmBeJzY0x6+ZUDJBU0xFrJiGuaSQ1bukJy0xKCgoGy4yGicmFhwhGgshHTEtFhsbMBEnGzQ1CR8gCRgZODItMy0pFQgaKSMdGiAfByUiJDEtRjUqBiEfTSkzP0AkDhENTCQ5IxwZSRIwShk2JhETDQgSEQ0LRC8WNS4NBAQFZVMNFxUIJygEHiIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:04 pm UTC

Brightened-up versions of the latest two enhanced frames. I was wondering how the hose was controlled, now I see.

Clearly, the tank is going to suck up the water from the OTTer swimming pool it has backed up to. All the OTTers will climb out of the (now dry) pool and go off to a small island in France, where they will spread the word that the sea is big, and does what it wants. Nobody listens to them, but it turns out the OTTers are right when the dam breaks. Thus begins the *nd of Time.

Spoiler:
brightened_enhanced_t-1_0189.jpg

brightened_enhanced_t-1_0188.jpg
Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:28 pm UTC

But what's going on with the Beanies? I thought she was going to run into his arms, but she ran past him and is now standing on something big looking like something bad happened....
Agatha the Awesomeful

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:51 pm UTC

And hey, there's a...structure-thing in the B&W ONGs!

ggh wrote:But what's going on with the Beanies? I thought she was going to run into his arms, but she ran past him and is now standing on something big looking like something bad happened....

Yeah, Tall Beanie was probably thinking, "Hey! She wants me! She coming towards...wait, what?"

If I had the time, I would play the same soundtrack, but with a needle-scratching-the-record sound at the end as she runs past him.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:00 pm UTC

Oh, you shippers! The seismograph needs more black pixels, and she just realized that there are no more. The tank took them and will be dumping them into the OTTer pool, where they will spill into the big, making it seaishier.

Thus begins the *nd of Time.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

lmjb1964

Re: Time After Time: t-1_0189

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:11 pm UTC

RUNNONG BACK AND FORTH
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

-d3B---n---9-+7QQk9URUhGTlBJY1xVamNahnltfXFlc2hdWFdUVlNMPENDlIV3in1xeG1iPEI+R1JWNz5BOTg2REI+Qjs1YVhPZWVix6+a7tC2rJiGJTc01LqjU0xFUTNB3cKqu6WRGzQ1UkU7Jy0xMy0pJygoFhwhHTEtGiUlCRgZFhsbCCYjDB8gFy8wGgshFQgaoY9+JDItGiAfMBEnTCQ4ODItKSMcBSEfRzUqRzAnP0AjSRIwDQgSShk2USU6IxwaEQ0LJBMQRDMTQAEeBAQFNS8MFxYGJygEHiIDYlEQDhEOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!

Edite to fix link 'n stuff. First time I ninja'd NPB in a very lONG time!

ETA: A brighter version. I see the gate is still open.

RSIR:
Spoiler:
light-remapt-1_0190.png

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:03 pm UTC

She has just realized that she forgot her beanie on the pile of stuff, and runs to fetch it. Because a Beanie may not appear in public without their beanie, so that their stunningly beautiful hair shall not cause impure thoughts among onlookers. (This rule does not apply to Rosetta, who is a leader and does what she wants.)

So, the seismo-Beanies are on their way to a more public place. It looks to me as if they were going to catch a cable car - except that going by cable car isn't so clever during an earthquake.

Or, maybe what looks like a beanie is really a hard hat or helmet. Useful in an earthquake zone (but uncomfortable in a hammock (although potentially useful in an extremely high hammock)).
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

mrob27

HOW IS LEML FORMED? HOW THE 2ND SCRIBE GET MUSTARDY?

Postby mrob27 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:40 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:Now the question is - will it be pumping water from the sea or dumping whatever-could-be-stored-in-the-tank in the sea?

Neither. A miniature black hole, like the one in this device is going to be dropped into the water, forming portals to Mars as part of a Netherlands conspiracy to drain the oceans. As it turns out, only the Mediterranean will be drained, because secret agents opposed to Holland's plan for global domination have sabotaged the project somehow, and replaced the other black holes with Folger's Crystals black pixels.

HES

Postby HES » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:00 pm UTC

mikrit wrote:(This rule does not apply to Rosetta, who is a leader and does what she wants.)

Well, Rosetta was indoors. Clearly the rule is there to protect one's hair from the vicious Mediterranean winds.
He/Him/His Image

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:05 pm UTC

HES wrote:
mikrit wrote:(This rule does not apply to Rosetta, who is a leader and does what she wants.)

Well, Rosetta was indoors. Clearly the rule is there to protect one's hair from the vicious Mediterranean winds.

Short Beanie's hair does look a little tousled. And Rosetta must have gone outside without her beanie at some point, because she definitely had the wind-blown look.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0191

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:30 am UTC

STRONGULATIONS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Q09UREhGRlJWU0xGWFdUamNac2hdh3pteG1iZVtPU1JKPENDQ0I+i35xO0I+fXFlOD9BQjs1OTg2V19gTlBIY11VUkU8kYJ1WGBgaGZiJTg1UjRBGzU2PCsxJy0xJycoJxYkGiUkFhwhJTIrFy8wCCYkDB8gFhsbCRgZNkAxGiAfODIsGgshMy0pFQgaKAojOBYqNwsoPRUxDQgSRxYuSRAxShk2TCQ4USU6EQ0LKSMdIx0aRzUqDhEORy8lIhQQU0klRDcPMywSBAQEHiIEJygEGBcFNzMGVUcOZFMNBSEfHTEtx6+a-vDUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

WE'VE SECRETLY REPLACED ROSETTA'S HAIR WITH FOLGER'S PIXELS

Postby mrob27 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:11 am UTC

Rosetta's hair is big and does what it wants. Rosetta herself is mostly just doing the hair's bidding.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:13 am UTC

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like she is streaking?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”