Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby dimochka » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:38 am UTC

Dollhouse Mafia

I intend to run this with a closed setup (but no bastardry). I'd like to have around 9-12 participants but if more players should sign up quickly then I will write some additional roles, so don't take it as a hard limit.
The game should start during the first week of February, if you're flavor-blind the upcoming 2 weeks are excellent for watching the series which I can heartily recommend.
Length of the days will depend on the number of participants, nights will be handled similar to Smalltown and Secret Santa.
Please let me know if I missed something or you have any questions.

Sign-up list:
1. Freezeblade (First! loved this show)
2. Dimochka (In! Also can comod if there's a need)

Replacements:
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:45 pm UTC

Dollhouse Mafia

I intend to run this with a closed setup (but no bastardry). I'd like to have around 9-12 participants but if more players should sign up quickly then I will write some additional roles, so don't take it as a hard limit.
The game should start during the first week of February, if you're flavor-blind the upcoming 2 weeks are excellent for watching the series which I can heartily recommend.
Length of the days will depend on the number of participants, nights will be handled similar to Smalltown and Secret Santa.

Sign-up list:
2. crucialityfactor

Replacements:

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:03 pm UTC

Dollhouse Mafia

Sign-up list:
3. crucialityfactor

Replacements:
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:46 pm UTC

Dollhouse Mafia

Sign-up list:
3. crucialityfactor
4. mpolo

Replacements:
Image <-- Evil experiment

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:31 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Dollhouse Mafia

Sign-up list:
3. crucialityfactor
4. mpolo
6. Diemo (because dimochka told me to)

Replacements:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:22 am UTC

I plan to keep the registration open until the weekend but if we won't have a sufficient number of players by then I'll have to postpone the game.

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:27 am UTC

Dollhouse Mafia

Sign-up list:
3. crucialityfactor
4. mpolo
5. Diemo (because dimochka told me to)
6. emlightened (pretty flavour-blind, but it should change)

Replacements:

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:21 pm UTC

PyPokemon 2

Description: PyPoison game with Pokemon theme. Spiritual successor to Tim's PyPoke though there will be plenty of differences between the two.
Mod: Snark (PM me if interested in co-modding)
Speed: 5-7 day Days. 2-4 day Nights. Weekends run the clock down half as quickly as normal days (ie Saturday+Sunday is considered 1 real life day). Deadline extensions given when needed. Lurkers will be replaced.
Size: Shooting for 15+. Will run with 9 or more.
Bastardry: Minimal or none. If present, will be for balancing reasons and editing pre-game.
Setup: Closed. Each player sends in 3 Pokemon choices (anything here) by PM upon signing up. Upon game start, players will get the choice of 3 different roles based upon their 3 Pokemon choices. Multiple players being the same Pokemon type is possible.

Players:

Replacements:
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:48 pm UTC

PyPokemon 2

Description: PyPoison game with Pokemon theme. Spiritual successor to Tim's PyPoke though there will be plenty of differences between the two.
Speed: 5-7 day Days. 2-4 day Nights. Weekends run the clock down half as quickly as normal days (ie Saturday+Sunday is considered 1 real life day). Deadline extensions given when needed. Lurkers will be replaced.
Bastardry: Minimal or none. If present, will be for balancing reasons and editing pre-game.
Setup: Closed. Each player sends in 3 Pokemon choices (anything here) by PM upon signing up. Upon game start, players will get the choice of 3 different roles based upon their 3 Pokemon choices. Multiple players being the same Pokemon type is possible.

Players:
1. jimbobmacdoodle

Replacements:
BlitzGirl the Primordial

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:53 pm UTC

PyPokemon 2

Players:
1. jimbobmacdoodle
2. emlightened

Replacements:

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

Esthr

Postby Esthr » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:00 pm UTC

PyPokemon 2

Players:
1. jimbobmacdoodle
2. emlightened
3. Esthr

Replacements:

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:13 am UTC

Sorry for not quoting (phone) but can someone please add me as a replacement for pypoke? Will move up to players if it starts after the 21st (I'm on holiday). Cheers!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:16 am UTC

PyPokemon 2

Players:
1. jimbobmacdoodle
2. emlightened
3. Esthr

Replacements:
1. Madge (move up to players if starting after the 21st)
BlitzGirl the Primordial

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:39 am UTC

PyPokemon 2

Players:
1. jimbobmacdoodle
2. emlightened
3. Esthr
4. adnapemit

Replacements:
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:13 pm UTC

PyPokemon 2

Players:
1. jimbobmacdoodle
2. emlightened
3. Esthr
4. adnapemit
5. Carlington (wow hi Snark!)

Replacements:
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:47 pm UTC

PyPokemon 2

Players:
1. jimbobmacdoodle
2. emlightened
3. Esthr
4. adnapemit
6. SirGabriel

Replacements:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:37 pm UTC

PyPokemon 2

Players:
1. jimbobmacdoodle
2. emlightened
3. Esthr
4. adnapemit
6. SirGabriel
7. mpolo

Replacements:

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:12 pm UTC

PyPokemon 2

Players:
1. jimbobmacdoodle
2. emlightened
3. Esthr
4. adnapemit
6. SirGabriel
7. mpolo
8. dimochka (Still upset dollhouse has so little interest. Will kill you all heretics.)

Replacements:
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:47 pm UTC

If you really need more players for Dollhouse then put me in as well, but I'll be flavour-blind and likely won't have time to watch the series beforehand. Depending on when it starts as well, as I'm moving house in roughly a month.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:30 pm UTC

Last ditch effort to recruit players for Dollhouse Mafia.

Dollhouse was a television series created by the acclaimed Joss Whedon that had 2 fantastic seasons. It is set in a world where the technology exists to overwrite people's entire personalities with pre-programmed memories so they wouldn't even be aware that they aren't real. Everyone could be a doll. The series is the ideal setting for a Mafia game as noone can be sure of anyone's loyalties, there are multiple factions in play and it just oozes of flavor.
Please consider signing up!

Example flavor, kindly provided by dimochka:

"Are you ready for your next assignment, Echo?"
Echo walked over to the chair slowly, leaving light foot imprints on the floor while saying nothing. She was well aware of what was going to happen to her. Time and time again she will get injected with a new personality to make another client happy. At times this would be a special ops project. At others, a sexually frustrated client that could afford these kinds of services. In the past this didn't matter, as she was made to forget everything after each assignment. But recently it has been different. Something changed. Echo began remembering parts of the personalities imprinted on her. Maybe she can use those to escape?

Echo thought about this as she sat down. Maybe escape was the way to go. But what about the other "Dolls"? Do they remember anything? Are they on her side? Or are they really watching her? How many of them are "sleepers" waiting on show their true colors? And whom should Echo take with her? And h... *bzzzt*

Dollhouse Mafia

Sign-up list:
3. crucialityfactor
4. mpolo
7. Carlington

Replacements:

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:50 am UTC

Dollhouse was a television series created by the acclaimed Joss Whedon that had 2 fantastic seasons. It is set in a world where the technology exists to overwrite people's entire personalities with pre-programmed memories so they wouldn't even be aware that they aren't real. Everyone could be a doll. The series is the ideal setting for a Mafia game as noone can be sure of anyone's loyalties, there are multiple factions in play and it just oozes of flavor.

Echo walked over to the chair slowly, leaving light foot imprints on the floor while saying nothing. She was well aware of what was going to happen to her. Time and time again she will get injected with a new personality to make another client happy. At times this would be a special ops project. At others, a sexually frustrated client that could afford these kinds of services. In the past this didn't matter, as she was made to forget everything after each assignment. But recently it has been different. Something changed. Echo began remembering parts of the personalities imprinted on her. Maybe she can use those to escape?

Echo thought about this as she sat down. Maybe escape was the way to go. But what about the other "Dolls"? Do they remember anything? Are they on her side? Or are they really watching her? How many of them are "sleepers" waiting on show their true colors? And whom should Echo take with her? And h... *bzzzt*

Dollhouse Mafia

Sign-up list:
3. crucialityfactor
4. mpolo
7. Carlington
8. bessie

Replacements:

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:50 am UTC

Dollhouse Mafia

Sign-up list:
3. crucialityfactor
4. mpolo
7. Carlington
8. bessie

Replacements:
1. Madge (after the 21st)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:06 am UTC

Dollhouse Mafia

Sign-up list:
3. crucialityfactor
4. mpolo
7. Carlington
8. bessie
9. jimbobmacdoodle (completely flavour-blind, but I should have enough time to juggle two games simultaneously).

Replacements:
BlitzGirl the Primordial

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:51 am UTC

Dollhouse Mafia

Sign-up list:
3. crucialityfactor
4. mpolo
7. Carlington
8. bessie
9. jimbobmacdoodle (completely flavour-blind, but I should have enough time to juggle two games simultaneously).
10.adnapemit(also completely flavour-blind )

Replacements:
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:39 am UTC

Thanks to the newcomers Dollhouse Mafia will be realized after all! I will keep the registration open until Saturday 8pm UTC after which I will finalize the setup. I aim to create the thread and send out the role pm-s on Sunday, Day 1 should begin after everyone confirmed (hopefully sometime on Monday).

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:58 am UTC

PyPokemon 2

Players:
1. jimbobmacdoodle
2. emlightened
3. Esthr
4. adnapemit
6. SirGabriel
7. mpolo
8. dimochka (Still upset dollhouse has so little interest. Will kill you all heretics.)
9. Sabrar (should be able to mod and play at the same time, right?)

Replacements:

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:29 pm UTC

Sign-ups for PyPokemon are now closed. Role PMs should be out within 12 hours.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:34 pm UTC

You know what, put me down as a replacement for both PyPoké and Dollhouse.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:59 pm UTC

ConMan wrote:You know what, put me down as a replacement for both PyPoké and Dollhouse.
Thank you sir.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:13 pm UTC

Thanks from me too.

Race Bannon

Postby Race Bannon » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:46 am UTC

Sign-up list:
3. crucialityfactor
4. mpolo
7. Carlington
8. bessie
11. Race Bannon (will commence watching soonish; sorry for the trim but it wouldn't let me post otherwise)

Replacements:

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:39 pm UTC

Race Bannon wrote:Last ditch effort to recruit players for Dollhouse Mafia.
Sign-up list:
3. crucialityfactor
4. mpolo
7. Carlington
8. bessie
11. Race Bannon (will commence watching soonish; sorry for the trim but it wouldn't let me post otherwise)

Replacements:

This game's already started, but you're welcome to sign up as a replacement.

Also, I recommend posting here five times so your posts won't have to be moderated.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:05 pm UTC

Wheel of Time: The Horn of Valere

Description: Standard Mafia game, set in the Wheel of Time universe, at the end of the first book/early second.
Mod: jimbobmacdoodle, co-mod: Suzaku
Speed: 5-7 days, 2-3 nights. Day deadlines will not end on a weekend, nights will have at least 24 hours of weekday (i.e. if day ends Friday, night will finish on Monday).
Size: Anything from about 10+, the more the merrier!
Bastardry: May include victory condition changes due to player actions. None other.
Setup: Closed, power-role heavy.
Flavour knowledge: not required, but may be useful. Will judge based on flavour knowledge of participants (please say if you have any knowledge).

Players:

Replacements:

Attachment:
Spoiler:
wot.png
Wheel of Time
wot.png (5.31 KiB) Viewed 4476 times
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:16 pm UTC

Description: Standard Mafia game, set in the Wheel of Time universe, at the end of the first book/early second.
Speed: 5-7 days, 2-3 nights. Day deadlines will not end on a weekend, nights will have at least 24 hours of weekday (i.e. if day ends Friday, night will finish on Monday).
Bastardry: May include victory condition changes due to player actions. None other.
Flavour knowledge: not required, but may be useful. Will judge based on flavour knowledge of participants (please say if you have any knowledge).

Players:
1. Diemo

Replacements:

Attachment:
Spoiler:
wot.png
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Chane

Postby Chane » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:15 pm UTC

Players:
1. Diemo
2. Chane

Replacements:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:24 pm UTC

Players:
1. Diemo
2. Chane
3. mpolo (Have books one-three on my Kindle, but haven't started reading yet)

Replacements:

Attachment:
Spoiler:
wot.png

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:28 pm UTC

Players:
1. Diemo
2. Chane
4. emlightened (Flavour-blind, but will try to get books from local library.)

Replacements:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:49 pm UTC

Players:
1. Diemo
2. Chane
5. Sabrar (flavor-blind but planning to read book summary and main characters on wiki)

Replacements:

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:22 pm UTC

Players:
1. Diemo
2. Chane
5. Sabrar (flavor-blind but planning to read book summary and main characters on wiki)

Replacements:
1. Madge

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:29 am UTC

Players:
1. Diemo
2. Chane
6. crucialityfactor

Replacements:
1. Madge

Return to “Mafia”