2016 Secret Santa: A Very Aussie Christmas
Mod: Madge & dimochka
Speed: 4 day Days, going for Nightless with max Night length 24 hours, obviously with extensions around Christmas and other busy times. Weekends count as half time.
Bastardry: Possible naive roles or other concealed mechanics, though no spoiler reading or alignment changing. Possibly very poorly balanced.
- No posting in the game thread unless you are playing in it.
- No talking about this game except in the game thread or in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
- No player may read discussion spoilers about this game, even when they are dead. There are no spoiler reading roles.
- No editing your posts. For any reason. At any time.
- Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. Consideration will be given for weekends.
- Players lurking excessively will be replaced or, if replacement is not possible, modkilled. See above.
- Any player who is modkilled for rule violations (not lurking) will automatically lose.
- You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night a the mod posts a day-end post (this will not be before the official deadline, but knowing Madge could be quite a bit after it), or a hammer vote is cast, in which case it is automatically night, whether or not a mod has made a day-end post. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.
- You may not post, nor quote directly from, any PM from a mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
- You may not play to lose, or act in a way that is clearly against your win condition.
- You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
- This is a game; it’s meant to be fun. Personal attacks or other offensive behaviour towards other players will not be tolerated.
- In general, days will last for 4 days. Nights will last for as long as it takes us to process night actions. Weekends will count as half time.
- Adjustments will be made to accommodate holidays, or for other reasons if the mod deems it necessary.
- In-thread deadline announcements from the mod override these rules.
- Requests for extensions will be considered in exceptional circumstances only.
- Deadlines are 'soft', meaning that posting and voting may continue after the deadline until the mod calls night.
- Remember there is no talking after a hammer vote is cast.
- Votes and questions for the mod must be posted in bold and on a new line, like this:
You do NOT have to unvote to change votes, but it makes things easier and will be very much appreciated if you do. You can unvote in bold and on a new line, like this:
- When someone gains a majority of the votes, they are automatically lynched and it becomes night, as above. Posting content after the hammer vote is not allowed, even if the hammer vote was accidental.
- If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then the person with the most votes at the deadline will be lynched.
- If the votals are tied, then the person who hit the tied number of votes first will be lynched, unless all players are voting solely for the tied players, in which case there will be no lynch.
- You can vote not to lynch anyone by casting a vote for "NL" or “No Lynch”. “No Lynch” will be treated exactly the same as any other player for determining votal results, except that "No Lynch" always wins ties.
- You’re alive until you are hammered in a lynch, or a mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
- Once you die, you may no longer post content in this thread. You may post death flavour or a ‘Bah! You killed me,’ post that reveals no information.
- Dead people may not read spoilers.
- Dead is dead. This is Christmas, not Halloween or Easter!
Private Message rules:
- You must include the mods in any PM you send related to this game.
- You can ask the mods questions by PM (at any time) if you'd rather not ask in thread.
- No PMing other players concerning this game unless your role specifically allows it.
- Any night actions must be sent by PM before the end of the day prior or within 24 hours of nightfall. If sent as part of a factional chat, please indicate the action in bold on a new line, as with voting. If you don’t do this and we miss your action, tough.
- You can send backup actions but don't make the conditions too complicated.
This means that I will tell you only what I think you need to know about the setup. You may ask me questions, but I may not answer.
I will not lie about the setup
Setup: Every player sends in a role, which is then randomly assigned to another player. The mod assigns alignments randomly to roles but alters the roles as necessary to maintain game balance. The mod may add factional abilities in addition to submitted roles. Most types of roles or powers are allowed: Christmas/holiday-themed or not, day actions or night actions or passive abilities, etc.
Claiming the role you sent in is strictly prohibited. If you do this you will be immediately modkilled with extreme predjudice.
Note that this includes hinting about it, giving information about it, saying 'I sent that role' in response to a claim.
And for the benefit of some of our sneakier, more legalistic players: I will modkill you even if the information is false, so don't try to 'reverse claim' either
Restrictions on submitted roles:
- No roles that specify a win condition or would only work with certain win conditions.
- Dead is dead - No roles with resurrection powers.
- No flavor-writing/influencing roles.
- No roles causing false role-reveals - hiding details is fine. (Naive miller/Naive godfather roles are acceptable, but the reveal will include both that the role was a miller/godfather and that the player did not know. Ditto sanities)
- No spoiler-reading roles.
- No alignment-changing roles.
- Roles may be edited (perhaps severely, or even replaced entirely) due to game balance, if the role doesn't follow the guidelines mentioned, or if the mod has some other reason. In the case of editing, the original author will not be informed.
- Gopher of Pern - town - WINNER
- Sabrar - town - WINNER
- jimbobmacdoodle - town - WINNER
moody7277killed n2 - town - WINNER
Djehutynakhtmpolo - town - WINNER
Carlingtonlynched d3 mafia - LOSER
adnapemitlynched d4 - SK - LOSER
SirGabrielkilled n1 - town - WINNER
- SDK - town - WINNER
- bessie - town - WINNER
matt96killed n3 - independent - WINNER
RoadieRichlynched d1 - mafia - LOSER
emlightenedlynched d2 - town - WINNER
kalirakilled n1 - mafia - LOSER