The White Tower
- Speed: 5-7 day Days. Pseudo nightless (max 1 day Nights). Days will not end on weekend, (i.e. a Friday start will see a Monday finish). Deadline extensions given when needed. Lurkers will be replaced after modprod.
- Bastardry: May include alignment or win-condition changing roles. Some hidden mechanics may be present. The mod will speak no word that is not true. What conclusions you draw from that is up to you. Unlike Aes Sedai, the mod will not deliberately try to mislead you though!
- There are no spoiler-reading or PM-listening type roles.
- No role is guaranteed to be sane.
- No role may self-target or target dead players unless otherwise specified.
- Role reveals are made the morning following death.
- As the game is pseudo-nightless, please try to send night actions before the end of the day. Backups and simple conditionals are allowed.
- Votes and questions must be posted in bold and on a new line, like this:
You must unvote to change votes, in bold and on a new line, like this:
- When someone gains a majority of the votes, they are automatically lynched, and daytime automatically ends whether or not the mod or a co-mod is online to declare day-end. Posting after the hammer vote is not allowed, even if the hammer-vote was accidental. If you see that a hammer vote has been placed, please delete any post you were going to post. It is ok to post simply to indicate that a hammer vote was placed.
- If deadline is reached and no player has a majority of the votes, then the person with the most votes is lynched. If the votals are tied, then the player with the most who reached that total first will be lynched, unless all players have voted and exactly 2 people have been voted for. In that special case, there will be no lynch. If you don't understand this, please ask for clarification.
- You can vote "No Lynch". If "No Lynch" gets the majority of the votes (or wins a tied votal), no one will be lynched.
- No posting in this thread unless you are playing in it.
- No talking about this game except in this thread or in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
- No editing your posts. For any reason, at any time unless explicitly told to do so by the mod or co-mod.
- Do not lurk! Lurkers risk being replaced.
- You may post in thread until a hammer vote is placed or the mod or a co-mod declares the day over. The mod will not declare day over until after the deadline.
- If all players explicit say they are happy to end the day early, e.g. because of an unbreakable tie, the mod may end the day before the deadline.
- You may not quote directly from your role PM or anything else from the mod or co-mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
- Only use bold text for voting, unvoting, asking the mod questions or stating important information (e.g. being away for 2-3 days). FoSses and similar may also be in bold.
- No reading spoilered posts for this game in the discussion thread.
- Mod statements (apart from these rules) will be posted in bold.
- You’re alive until the mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
- Once you die, you may no longer post in this thread, but you may read spoilers in the discussion thread. That is your consolation prize.
- Any exceptions to these rules will be explicitly stated in a player's role PM.
Private Message rules:
- You can ask the mod questions by PM if you'd rather not ask in thread.
- No PMing other players concerning this game unless your role specifically allows it and you CC the mod and co-mod in every
- Flavour will be posted in italics.
- As lynching wasn't a particularly common thing in the Wheel of Time universe, a lynched or otherwise killed player may for purposes of flavour not be killed, but may be thrown into a dark cell, exiled, or otherwise removed from the scene of action. In any case, the mod will refer to them as being "dead" for clarity in bold.
- Characters mentioned in flavour may not be present in the game.
- The mod may include hints as to night actions in the flavour text, but then again may not.
- The game is set primarily during the events of the 4th book, and possibly onwards, depending on what happens in the game. Apologies for any unexpected spoilers!
- Unlike the previous game, most or all players will not have characters that feature in the books.
- The Wheel of Time wiki here is a good source for flavour information, should you want any.
CarlingtonLynched D5 moody7277 MadgeLynched D3
- Gopher of Pern
SirGabrielDied N4 ahippoLynched D2 JudeMorriganDied N2 DiemoLynched D1
Co-mods: SDK, kalira
Role PMs are being sent out now. Please post confirmation that you have received yours. Once all players have posted confirmation, the mod will post D1 flavour and the game will begin.