Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

LaserGuy

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Sat May 13, 2017 1:17 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Laserguy, what would be the difference between 2 groups of 2 co-aligned scum, and a 4 man scum team? Sabrar already asked this question, but it seems you have ignored it.

Apologies, I must have missed it. I was referring to a sort of arrangement where two scum teams have shared win conditions but do not have full knowledge of each other. For example two scum teams who had chat amongst their players but lacked chat between the teams or even lacked knowledge of each other's abilities or perhaps players. I don't remember the details because I only skimmed through that game when it was mentioned in Diablo, but I believe that the Scooby Doo game had a similar sort of arrangement.

4/3/3 is surely a losing position for town is it not? I suppose if towns lynches perfectly and scum repeatedly crossfire it may not be, but I think the odds of a town win in scenarios where they lack the majority needed to hold the lynch are very rare and essentially luck-based.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat May 13, 2017 1:42 am UTC

DethStalker wrote:(Im character)
Thou, a noble, hated. Thou? Shall thy?

You move your lips but I hear only the babbling of a brook. This is not communication. Tell me, what are your opinions of the other players? Speak now or be forever silenced.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sat May 13, 2017 1:56 am UTC

Vote DeathStalker

swag

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sat May 13, 2017 2:02 am UTC

@Sabrar

After SDK said "oh someone else got Bessie confirmed in their role PM" and mentioned it in thread, I thought you had that info and thus questioned Bessie because you wanted a (would-be) confirmed townies opinion on the playerlist you thought was of interest.

It interests me that you chose to ask for opinions on several players who were scum in your previous game where town got rolled. Clever of you regardless of alignment here.

@jimbob

Eh, that's just what came to mind. I wasn't consciously thinking about a second mafia team vs SK when I made that post, I just saw the flavor and thought 'oh multiple kills, multiple scum kills'. I've played in 3 games here and one had a second mafia team so from my point of view it's not such a rarity.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat May 13, 2017 2:14 am UTC

Greetings all, like BoomFrog, I did not expect this game to start so soon. I just finished another 11 hour work day and am catching up now, so I will post content as I have it. If I haven’t addressed something directed at me, it’s probably because I missed it or haven’t read that far yet. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

DethStalker, welcome to the forums! We’re always happy to have new players. I noticed your post count is still “1”. Until your post count reaches “5” you will have some posting restrictions. Posts in Forum Games and in the Mafia forum do not count to increase your official post count. Please go to this thread in the General forum and make four additional posts. So, do you have any experience playing mafia? You don’t need to post in character, or in verse, but we would like you to post something.

DGames Bard, visitor from another land, companion of noble YOLOSWAG, it is a pleasure to meet you too! I hope you enjoy your time with us, perchance enough to stay awhile.

Gopher of Pern wrote:My comment about the vote mechanics was mainly about the one or two visible vote manipulations: dethstalker having an extra vote on them, and bessie having an automatic vote on me.

Wouldn't it be better for town to know the details of them?
Is dethstalker simply a guilty looking townie who has 1 automatic vote on them? Or does someone have a secret vote on them?
Does bessie get an automatic vote on me? Is she a compulsive voter? Can she choose to change her vote?
Re my earlier challenge to you, I would consider moving my vote, but as yet I have been presented with no compelling reason to do so, as I see no evidence that you are a better actor than I and deserving of the lead role. Perhaps your efforts could be put to better use in hunting scum than in fishing for a potential power I may possess.

BoomFrog wrote:Let sleeping Bessie's lie.
Woof. :)

More later. Or hopefully sooner.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat May 13, 2017 4:41 am UTC

TOWN
bessie as Edmund - Vouched for by a man of low character, but I won't hold it against her.
Gopher of Pern as King Lear - Lacking in good sense but not in morals.
freezeblade as the Duke of Cornwall - In the townie club.
Sabrar as Regan - Forging ahead.
#HBC | YOLOSWAG as the Doctor - Sensible but savvy.
SDK as Edgar - Intriguing but more is expected.
Madge as Oswald - I humbly beseech you to post more m'Lady
plytho as Goneril - Overwhelmed by the ambiance perhaps?
dimochka as Cordelia - Get to the point before the point gets to you.
DGames | Bard as the Earl of Kent - well spoken but unhelpful.
BoomFrog as The Fool - Only a fool would speak the truth.
SirGabriel as the Earl of Gloucester - Superficial isn't super.
DethStalker as the Duke of Burgundy - Going to be lynched if he doesn't provide real content.
LaserGuy as the King of France - Enthusiastic examination of excrement is still the work of scum.
jimbobmacdoodle as an Officer - Far too concerned with nothings.
Znirk as a Servant - Digging in the mud is only going to get you dirty.
SCUM

Vote: Znirk
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 13, 2017 4:50 am UTC

bessie wrote:Re my earlier challenge to you, I would consider moving my vote, but as yet I have been presented with no compelling reason to do so,
Doth my humble request not mean an iota to you, then? I'm truly hurt, mylady.

Jumping on the jimbob wagon I concur with my esteemed colleagues that his list of 5 seems uncharacteristic of him and reassures me of my earlier read.

@BoomFrog: are you planning to claim indie anytime soon? If so, now's the time given this community's eagerness to fall back on a 'safe' lynch of an unknown factor with no better targets.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 13, 2017 5:07 am UTC

EBWOP
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:It interests me that you chose to ask for opinions on several players who were scum in your previous game where town got rolled. Clever of you regardless of alignment here.
As others have already guessed this had nothing to do with that particular list.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sat May 13, 2017 6:10 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Laserguy, what would be the difference between 2 groups of 2 co-aligned scum, and a 4 man scum team? Sabrar already asked this question, but it seems you have ignored it.

Apologies, I must have missed it. I was referring to a sort of arrangement where two scum teams have shared win conditions but do not have full knowledge of each other. For example two scum teams who had chat amongst their players but lacked chat between the teams or even lacked knowledge of each other's abilities or perhaps players. I don't remember the details because I only skimmed through that game when it was mentioned in Diablo, but I believe that the Scooby Doo game had a similar sort of arrangement.

4/3/3 is surely a losing position for town is it not? I suppose if towns lynches perfectly and scum repeatedly crossfire it may not be, but I think the odds of a town win in scenarios where they lack the majority needed to hold the lynch are very rare and essentially luck-based.

Of course it's going to be a losing proposition. Town should not have a good time if they lynch town twice in a row, and scum hit only town. But thats the worst possible scenario, and town still have the majority block there, so it is still winnable.

Boomfrog, any reason why you put yourself on the scummier side on your own list?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 13, 2017 8:26 am UTC

bessie's lack of reaction on SDK's reveal is noteworthy.

@YOLOSWAG: do you always vote without explanation or just when you're SK?

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Sat May 13, 2017 9:19 am UTC

I have a busy weekend ahead so I won't be able to compile a reads list before Monday. I will be reading and I'll try to reply when something pings me but don't count on it.

Gopher of Pern wrote:
SirGabriel wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:I think it would be a good idea if anyone who knows their own abilities to change votes, should declare them early, so town can compensate for them.

That sounds like a terrible idea. That would basically be telling scum who will be most dangerous to them in endgame. A stitch in time saves nine.

Also, I think I dropped my wallet, has anyone seen it?

I don't deny that it could help scum. But it could help town more. After all, if scum go after the people who have vote manipulations, it leaves the docs/cops/vigs alive. Although, it is not specified in the game setup if there are vanilla town.

Are there any powerless roles in the game? i.e. Vanilla town, without any powers or abilities?

Every cloud has a silver lining you know.

I was going to say, the cops/docs/vigs will stand out if the vote manipulators are outed but I realize that's why you're asking about vanilla townies.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Ok, so there are now two votes on DethStalker, including my own. I am going to guess at one of the following, since my guesses in the last game were apparently pretty accurate.
1) Somebody has a secret vote power, that is somehow compulsive.
2) DethStalker always appears to have an additional vote on himself. This may or may not actually count.
3) The vote by bessie is in fact targeting DethStalker, and the vote on Gopher is a phony.
4) My vote on DethStalker is actually two votes for some reason, probably related to a passive ability from DethStalker.
5) Probably something else entirely.

I think it's 2. Considering:

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:An interesting point to note is that mpolo explicitly said in this post that there were 9 people not voting, when there were apparently 7 votes + the "nobody" on DethStalker down.

But as others have pointed out, some of these options you're proposing seem out there, especially 4.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat May 13, 2017 11:14 am UTC

I completely agree that not all my suggestions are all that likely, but I'm surprised to see how quickly people are completely ruling things out and find it interesting that I'm apparently judged to be suspicious for even suggesting one or two of them. In particular, whilst I think 1 or 2 are the most likely (probably 2), I could see bessie's power being something like, "you must always have a vote on somebody, but it shows up as being on somebody else" (hence 3), or DethStalker always appears to have a vote on them, if they have none, while my ability is a double-vote under certain circumstances (note - I'm not claiming this, but it's possible from everybody else's point of view).
BoomFrog wrote:Far too concerned with nothings.
Why do you dismiss my topics of focus as "nothings" at this point?
LaserGuy wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:SDK's confirmation of bessie this early on strikes me as odd. It may of course be a complete fabrication, and I can't help but feel slightly suspicious. Initially I wondered if he was in fact a lyncher for bessie (or her character). mpolo had lynchers in the last Shakespeare game, where there were hidden characters, who won as long as their target died before them (actually, we joined town and had to win with them to be precise). SDK would claim to know that bessie is town, in the hope that scum might bump her off for him with no effort.
I don't follow this line of reasoning. Surely the worst thing for a canonical lyncher would be an explicit townie read on their target. How would they then lynch them? Such a move would make their target more difficult to lynch and more easy to be killed by mafia, a dreadful result for the lyncher.
A confirmed townie is one of the most likely players to get killed by a night kill, and that would fulfil the lyncher win condition from the last Shakespeare game. Lyncher!SDK might believe that it is going to be almost impossible to get a lynch on bessie (what with her having a really townie meta), so is hoping scum will do his work for them.
LaserGuy wrote:The opening flavor is suggestive of two kills, and four or five more experienced people seemed to accept this as the likely scenario. It seems perfectly reasonable to me. Do you have reason to believe otherwise?
No comment at this point and your question struck me as role-fishing. My question wasn't about why you thought two scum teams were likely, it was about why they were likelier than SK/scum.
Gopher of Pern wrote:Also interesting to note, jimbob mentioned that mpolo explicitly said 9 people not voting, but mpolo didn't mention how many not voting in the latest votals. I'm not sure what to make of that.
I noted that as well, although thinking about this more makes me realise that a secret-voting player would show up as not voting, so it doesn't really imply anything, unless mpolo never lists the names of the players not voting (if he did it would be obvious who the secret voter is).

mpolo, can you confirm the number of players not voting in the next votals, please.

Detailed reads will follow tomorrow.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 13, 2017 11:46 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I completely agree that not all my suggestions are all that likely, but I'm surprised to see how quickly people are completely ruling things out and find it interesting that I'm apparently judged to be suspicious for even suggesting one or two of them.
Ok, if you're serious let's talk about this on a comprehensive basis.

- Votals were included with D1 start-post, no indication that there were any N0 actions. DethStalker appeared with 1 vote with no player listed as having voted for them. bessie had a vote on Gopher of Pern.
- There are no hidden aspects to roles, so if you have to 'guess at one of the following' then it is clearly not related to your ability so you can't be 'double-voter under special circumstances', making your later defense have no merit.
- So now we can already exclude 4 because neither part makes sense.
- 3 is ridiculous (or needs bastardry in the game) as there can be no 'phony' votes unless the official votals do not show the correct situation. However mpolo denied this in his reply to my inquiry earlier.
- 1 is possible but requires a role that a) compulsively votes at the start of the day and b) is not revealed with probably c) can't vote normally. I find it this too much to believe, I think individual vote-related powers/restrictions would modify at most 1 aspect of the process and not 2/3.

So now we see that you produced a list that at a simple glance can be reduced to a single element (2 if you include 'everything else') and that makes your 'experiment' of voting DethStalker even more interesting as in hindsight it provided the platform upon which you could theorize about implausible scenarios.

On a related note: I'll be heartily considering to lynch DethStalker on D2 for balance reasons if daystart votals will once more contain an additional vote on him, as he's a complete liability in LYLO situations if Town, therefore I do not think that is the case. OTOH don't think that scum would be outed so easily as well, so thoughts welcome on this matter.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat May 13, 2017 1:48 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I wasn't consciously thinking about a second mafia team vs SK when I made that post, I just saw the flavor and thought 'oh multiple kills, multiple scum kills'. I've played in 3 games here and one had a second mafia team so from my point of view it's not such a rarity.

I assume you're referring to Smalltown Werewolf? The aliens weren't exactly a second mafia team. The only game I can recall actually having two mafia teams is Hangafia, and that was a very large game (as was Smalltown, for that matter).

Also, can someone find one of the stage crew and get them to fix that loose floorboard I just tripped over?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat May 13, 2017 2:37 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Boomfrog, any reason why you put yourself on the scummier side on your own list?

Would thou trust a man who proclaims himself an honest man? Tis but a jest, don't take it too seriously.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat May 13, 2017 2:47 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:Laserguy:
LaserGuy wrote:Second, I find SDK's assertion of bessie to be town to be most alarming, as it will require some heroic effort to keep her alive if this claim is true.

Scum:laser ersatz-daychatting to suggest his team should go for town rather than second scumteam?

In all seriousness though, this is drivel. Sir LaserGuy's comment is entirely valid objection to the declaration of a confirmed townie D1. Secondly scum likely don't know if there are other scum or not and there seems little need for them to stratagize about that D1. There is plenty to object to in LaserGuy's performance, but this isn't part of it.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat May 13, 2017 2:59 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:bessie's lack of reaction on SDK's reveal is noteworthy.
No, it’s not really. Honestly, I just haven’t had an opportunity to give it the attention it deserves. My mother-in-law is behaving as expected, so I consumed too much alcohol at dinner and was not in a state to compose a coherent post. In retrospect, I nonetheless should have posted, because unlike other inferior actors, even incapacitated I always give a superior performance.

SDK wrote:Are you asking this because bessie is town? Because she is. Good to know that someone else got that confirmation in their role PM too.
Ah, my dear dear brother Edgar, rival for our father’s attention, why would you even make such a claim? My first instinct is that it is one of your famous D1 antics, made to provoke reaction among the players and amuse the spectators. Interestingly, you did not back off your claim later, but you in fact doubled down on the claim in later posts. I do not believe that if you indeed do have this information, that it is a pro-town act to revel such information in your second post (and it is your second post because confirmation posts count, a debate which I would eagerly take up with any who so challenge this proclamation, at a time when it would be appropriate to current game content and thus not be considered active lurking). But I also find it a curious claim as scum, because it doth “confirm” a townie. Could the true purpose be to set up an obvious NK target, and to provoke all appropriate town powers (doctor, watcher, etc) to use their power on said target, thus leaving scum free to select another target unimpeded and unobserved? This too seems somewhat dubious, which leads me to a third possibility, that SDK has an independent win condition, and this may be an attempt to deflect the mafia kill, because it would not be in the best interests of mafia to kill a target that would confirm another player as town when the role pm is revealed. I will need to ponder these possibilities a bit longer. I begrudgingly admit that SDK is one of the finest actors to grace our stage, and he does not miss his cues during a performance, so any claim he makes is for a carefully thought out reason.

Sabrar and everyone else, I’m working on my replies, but I need to go out for a few hours. I am not deliberately ignoring any content…yet. I’ll post in bits and pieces until I catch up.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 13, 2017 3:12 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Honestly, I just haven’t had an opportunity to give it the attention it deserves.
Were it not for your previous post that touched upon a few matters at hand but left this particular issue entirely untouched I would accept your explanation quite readily. Alas this leaves me to ponder.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat May 13, 2017 3:26 pm UTC

Sabrar, I needed to pick and choose as time allowed. Discuss SDK, or Gopher, or something else? Something’s going to get picked, something’s going to have to wait. And I’m not so much prioritizing as I am posting things as they come to me.

Sabrar wrote:On a related note: I'll be heartily considering to lynch DethStalker on D2 for balance reasons if daystart votals will once more contain an additional vote on him, as he's a complete liability in LYLO situations if Town, therefore I do not think that is the case. OTOH don't think that scum would be outed so easily as well, so thoughts welcome on this matter.

Some quick thoughts on DethStalker. I think that if DethStalker is town, I need to think about this statement, because it unfortunately makes sense. But this alone would not be enough for me to lynch him, because a townie producing superior reads and content would be worth the risk. So what do we know so far about DethStalker?
1. He did not read the xkcd Forum Rules, stickied at the top of every subforum.
2. He did prepare and take care of the posting restriction before the game started, even though he was tagged by SDK and given instructions how to do so in the sign up thread so had ample opportunity.
3. He has still not responded to further instruction and assistance given by me near the top of this page.
4. He has managed to make three posts with no content.
5. He has not responded to any questions.

Conclusion, DethStalker, you are already a liability; you need amaze us with some spectacular content soon. We’re trying to help you out here. If you’re new to the game, please ask any questions you may have.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat May 13, 2017 3:32 pm UTC

So far, two things have stood out to me: DethStalker's complete lack of content, and SDK's claim to know bessie is town. There's not much to say about the former that hasn't already been said, but regarding the latter, one of the rules seems very relevant:
mpolo wrote:12. Every ability in the game is either standard or a minor variation of an otherwise standard ability

I can't think of any role other than Mason that could confirm the towniness of another player at game start (unless of course it is known that there are only two factions, in which case any scum can confirm the towniness of any townie), nor can I think of any role where such a confirmation would count as a minor variation of the standard ability. And Mason doesn't fit for several reasons: outing your Mason partner at the start of the game is generally a bad idea, it doesn't fit with SDK's claim to have a scummy-looking town role, and it wouldn't explain why he would be unsurprised at others having a similar confirmation of bessie's towniness.

I have no idea why SDK is lying, but I'm almost certain that he is.

Unvote

Vote: SDK

And just in case he happens to be a jester,

If there is a jester in the game, would a jester win end the game?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 13, 2017 4:08 pm UTC

And with that splendid performance SirGabriel suddenly takes a deep dive and goes right to the scummy side of my list.

@bessie: I still think reacting to SDK right away would have been a more natural response but I'll try not to dwell on it too much.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat May 13, 2017 4:16 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:On a related note: I'll be heartily considering to lynch DethStalker on D2 for balance reasons if daystart votals will once more contain an additional vote on him, as he's a complete liability in LYLO situations if Town, therefore I do not think that is the case. OTOH don't think that scum would be outed so easily as well, so thoughts welcome on this matter.
Wait, are you seriously suggesting that we lynch somebody just because they might have an extra vote on them that might cause us problems in a potential LYLO situation? If DethStalker is scum, this actually works in towns favour. In other words, we shouldn't lynch DethStalker just because they might have an additional vote. We should lynch them because they are scummy. FoS Sabrar for apparently not caring about the alignment of a player. I could see this ability being given to town, scum, or even some indies.

I'll come back to the vote shenanigans bit later.

Also, what is it about SirGabriel's last post that you don't like? I don't see it on first skim through.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat May 13, 2017 5:16 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Wait, are you seriously suggesting that we lynch somebody just because they might have an extra vote on them that might cause us problems in a potential LYLO situation? If DethStalker is scum, this actually works in towns favour. In other words, we shouldn't lynch DethStalker just because they might have an additional vote. We should lynch them because they are scummy. FoS Sabrar for apparently not caring about the alignment of a player. I could see this ability being given to town, scum, or even some indies.

Good point. Unless we are reading DethStalker as scum, the extra vote shouldn't influence the lynch. If he's town we're just getting closer to lylo so you're not doing anything to avoid it.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Sat May 13, 2017 5:44 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:It seems though that a public ability that sticks out as much of a sore thumb as Bessie's seems almost unfair for a scum role,
Please elaborate. What do you think bessie's ability is and why is it unfair to be given to scum?

Well, considering the nature of Bessie's vote ability (unless I'm completely misinterpreting this), which seems to be that they can vote prior to the day starting (among perhaps more qualities, but I am not here to phish), they must reveal themselves in order to use the ability (or perhaps its by force, I can't say for certain). Of course, attention and scrutiny will immediately be brought to their slot as a result, which in my opinion is not something a scum-aligned slot would want (it also makes them potentially dangerous for an end-game situation if they are not trusted). When you compare this to the other vote manipulation mechanic at play, to my understanding, whoever is responsible for that vote is not in a position to be scrutinized because their name has yet to be revealed to us.

SDK wrote:Welcome to the game, Bard. The proof of bessie's innocence lies in my role PM, though I will give no further details on that for the moment. Where did you get the idea that people were calling her town based on the votes in the beginning

Thanks for having me, ol' chap! I won't pry into role pms and the like, it's all smoke and mirrors in the face of hard and true mafia.

Although, I am curious, now that I think about it. Why did you confirm Bessie as town via role pm right out the gate? While I understand that we all have different approaches for different reasons, you have painted a bigger target on Bessie's head going into this coming night phase (confirmed town via your role pm and has a vote ability!)

Anyway, basically, I misinterpreted the 'votals' (I was unfamiliar with general lingo of this forum as well as how vote counts, or votals, are structured). I thought perhaps people assumed Bessie was Town because she was being voted for prior to day start (didn't really understand why people were assuming she was Town right away so I tried to put 2 and 2 together), but in fact Bessie was the one voting for someone else prior to day start. Just a misinterpretation of the facts; I am now properly acquainted with the structure of the voting format.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Sat May 13, 2017 5:57 pm UTC

Blargh, trying to play catch-up on a phone has temporarily caused my heart to sink, but I will not allow my brothers and sisters in arms to face this evil alone! Give me a moment to more collectively involve myself in this endeavor.

Additionally, I work long hours on weekends (unfortunately) so I will not be as active on the weekends, but will catch up asap!

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat May 13, 2017 6:10 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:If there is a jester in the game, would a jester win end the game?

If there is a jester in the game, a jester win would end the game.

Votals coming -- I was out today, and want to eat dinner first.
Image <-- Evil experiment

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Sat May 13, 2017 6:28 pm UTC

Ok, I am mostly caught up. It seems people are already addressing SDK's claim more heartily...should have done a complete read before posting! Still, I agree with others that SDK's approach is an oddity.

@Bessie - Greetings! I like the content being produced in this game so far, it reminds me of DGames. Lots of smart people here catching on to things quick while turning over all the stones. If time allows, I will give another game a shot!

Anywho, I agree that Dethstalker really needs to produce significantly more content despite claiming being "hated" (I assume he means that he forever takes once less vote to lynch). I don't think it's a good idea to jump to conclusions about his alignment just yet and feel we still have time to discuss the finer details of his slot. If he continues this path, he is certainly a liability. I do agree with Plytho and Jim regarding Sabrar's motion to kill off dethstalker on policy.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat May 13, 2017 6:55 pm UTC

Votals:
DethStalker (2): #HBC | YOLOSWAG
Gopher of Pern (2): bessie, jimbobmacdoodle
dimochka (1): dimochka
SDK (2): Gopher of Pern, SirGabriel
freezeblade (1): SDK
#HBC | YOLOSWAG (1): Sabrar
LaserGuy (1): Znirk
Znirk (1): BoomFrog

Not voting: freezeblade, Madge, plytho, DethStalker, DGames | Bard, LaserGuy

I hope that's right…

I think the setup is messy enough that LYLO/MYLO are going to be hard to define with certainty. So I'm not going to risk trying to call those.

Small rule change: Because of vote-affecting powers, night will only fall if the mod calls it. If someone was over hammer and then gets unvoted before I come on, they will still be lynched.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 13, 2017 7:49 pm UTC

Seems like the esteemed gentleman with the many names has not learned to interpret my carefully chosen words in their entirety, rather has taken lessons in diverting attention away from themselves. I said I would consider an action a long time away in the future and invited others to share their opinion before committing myself to anything rash. You chose to interpret this as me pushing an agenda. This is not the townie jimbob that I'm used to meet.

Unvote
Vote: jimbobmacdoodle

plytho wrote:Unless we are reading DethStalker as scum, the extra vote shouldn't influence the lynch.
We're in a 3-2 scenario with town!DethStalker having an extra vote on him. The remaining 2 scum vote for him, Town has only 3 votes among them, final votal will be 3-3, no lynch due to rule 10, automatic loss for us. Without DethStalker there it is LYLO and we can still possibly win. Surely that's not hard to see?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Also, what is it about SirGabriel's last post that you don't like? I don't see it on first skim through.
Will reveal it in due time, but to give you a hint it is related to the lottery numbers 3,5,12,17,47 and the Public Utility Commission of Texas.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat May 13, 2017 8:04 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
plytho wrote:Unless we are reading DethStalker as scum, the extra vote shouldn't influence the lynch.
We're in a 3-2 scenario with town!DethStalker having an extra vote on him. The remaining 2 scum vote for him, Town has only 3 votes among them, final votal will be 3-3, no lynch due to rule 10, automatic loss for us. Without DethStalker there it is LYLO and we can still possibly win. Surely that's not hard to see?

I did not express myself well. I meant the extra vote on DethStalker should not make him a lynch target tomorrow. Unless there is a reason to think he's scum. Like, if he's in my top three scum the extra vote might make me more likely to try to lynch him, because worst case we lynch a townie with a handicap. But if there are stronger scum reads we should lynch them.

In your example, say we lynched town!DethStalker D2 instead of scum than we would end up in a 2-3 scenario all else being equal and lose anyway.

DethStalker

Postby DethStalker » Sat May 13, 2017 8:07 pm UTC

Thou, shall I say? Questions? Thy, hated, is one of all. Hated, hated I say!

DethStalker

Postby DethStalker » Sat May 13, 2017 8:08 pm UTC

(I'm going to get a PFP later going to post farm for a bit)

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sat May 13, 2017 8:11 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@YOLOSWAG: do you always vote without explanation or just when you're SK?
I really wanted to make a joke here but I hate when Townies allude to being scum. I do it regardless of alignment.

DethStalker wrote:Thou, shall I say? Questions? Thy, hated, is one of all. Hated, hated I say!
Who do you believe to be wicked?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 13, 2017 8:15 pm UTC

plytho wrote:But if there are stronger scum reads we should lynch them.
True, that's why I'm just open to the possibility rather than snapvoting him tomorrow and why I want others' opinion on the matter.
Personally I think this 'ability' creates an imbalance in the game and would not include it without serious consideration but that's what we have to live with and we need to talk about the consequences.

@YOLOSWAG: thanks for the serious reply.

DethStalker

Postby DethStalker » Sat May 13, 2017 8:17 pm UTC

@#HBC(dash)yoloswag

TO simply believe? No! Thy knowledge to be, or not to be, to think or not to think; is must a false hoax!

A hoax I say!

DethStalker

Postby DethStalker » Sat May 13, 2017 8:20 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
plytho wrote:But if there are stronger scum reads we should lynch them.
True, that's why I'm just open to the possibility rather than snapvoting him tomorrow and why I want others' opinion on the matter.
Personally I think this 'ability' creates an imbalance in the game and would not include it without serious consideration but that's what we have to live with and we need to talk about the consequences.

@YOLOSWAG: thanks for the serious reply.

Thy vote? Thy understood, not a bit, shall thy?

Balance: Of good and evil;of ying and yang; isn't balance. Thee, being hated, for a "snapvote"? Thee, just a fellow noble; shall thy?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat May 13, 2017 8:21 pm UTC

I’m still reading/analyzing the thread and just making the odd post as I have time.

Madge, you need to post. Your lack of content is second only to DethStalker, with dimochka running a close third.

mpolo wrote:If there is a jester in the game, a jester win would end the game.

This is not the answer I expected, and it makes me suspect there is not a jester in the game, because I can't see a mod putting in the work required to set up and run a game and having it end on D1.

I'm only home for a few minutes and need to go out again. Can someone try to milk some actual content from DethStalker? I see he is on line.

Multi-ninja'd. Role playing, Shakespeare quotes, etc are encouraged (and appreciated!) but do not substitute for actual content.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 13, 2017 8:22 pm UTC

@DethStalker: I apologize but I'm unable to decipher your meaning. Please speak in plain terms so that I may answer your question (if you had any).

DethStalker

Postby DethStalker » Sat May 13, 2017 8:28 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@DethStalker: I apologize but I'm unable to decipher your meaning. Please speak in plain terms so that I may answer your question (if you had any).

Decipher? Thy mean if'nt simple; all thy; a misunderstand.

TDLR;
(That would be Krul [VGF])

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 13, 2017 8:42 pm UTC

@DethStalker: I have no idea what kind of games you've used to play in but here this attitude will only get you lynched. It is simply not productive. Grats if you randed Jester in your very first game.

Return to “Mafia”