Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

kalira

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby kalira » Thu May 25, 2017 5:49 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:I think BoomFrog is referring to last game where SDK accidentally hammered Carlington on D2.

And then again on YOLOSWAG Day 3. Though that was no accident. :twisted:

Ah, thank you for context. I read last game, but did not recall that.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

SDK

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby SDK » Thu May 25, 2017 5:51 pm UTC

BoomFrog's unanswered questions (plus one new one).

SDK wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:SDK has been extremely unhelpful so close to deadline

What would you like me to do that I haven't been doing?

SDK wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Note in case of my death: If DethStalker is non-mafia then lynch SDK. If SDK is mafia take a hard look at Yoloswag.
BoomFrog wrote:Also, if DethStalker is non-mafia then JimBob is also probably non-mafia.

Why? I can see the connection between me and YOLOSWAG, but I don't see the connection between DethStalker and me or between DethStalker and jimbob.

What does DethStalker flipping mafia tell us? I mean, I'm not holding out much hope that he is either, but surely you've considered that as an option, townie as you are.

BoomFrog wrote:The proclaimed master SDK,
So astut, and sharp of wit,
To err so​ frequently begs suspicion
Is it malice or mere ignorance

To what errors do you refer?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

kalira

Postby kalira » Thu May 25, 2017 5:52 pm UTC

EBWOP: So what you're saying is, it's SDK's fault we got a game with such convoluted voting. Total FoS.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu May 25, 2017 5:54 pm UTC

DGames | Bard wrote:Well, I don't see the lynch swinging in any other direction, regardless of what Yolo posts, but I'll take any information I can get.

I think GoP is so much scummier; lots of focus on self preservation, isn't looking for scum with his vote.

I do understand the reasoning behind multiple votes on Yolo though. Albeit a comrade of DGames lore, I feel there isn't much else to do but see him off.

Herr Yolo, in the 11th hour of thine death, what is thy will

Just so it's clear, I do expect answers from you to each of the points in my previous post. I've lived in the streets long enough now to know how to grill a rat.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu May 25, 2017 6:02 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:Well, I don't see the lynch swinging in any other direction, regardless of what Yolo posts, but I'll take any information I can get.

I think GoP is so much scummier; lots of focus on self preservation, isn't looking for scum with his vote.

I do understand the reasoning behind multiple votes on Yolo though. Albeit a comrade of DGames lore, I feel there isn't much else to do but see him off.

Herr Yolo, in the 11th hour of thine death, what is thy will

Just so it's clear, I do expect answers from you to each of the points in my previous post. I've lived in the streets long enough now to know how to grill a rat.

Waiiiiiit a minute, where is this animosity coming from?

To be frank, I've been skimming a bit, so I probably missed your posts. I know you've voiced suspicion of me, but not sure what it entails to. >_>;

Give me a minite to find the post you are talking about.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu May 25, 2017 6:04 pm UTC

I have a confession to make: I got kind of lazy day 2 as a result of getting pretty busy with other things, so I haven't given this game my full and complete attention. Not a good look for a first impression, I know, but yeah. :x

If there's any posts I missed that addressed me though, lmk and I'll respond to it! I'm an open book. :3

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu May 25, 2017 6:06 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
plytho wrote:Is Gopher the only one that doesn't get what I mean or does nobody else understand why I find him scummy?

Please do explain, because I don't get why anyone is on Gopher and I don't remember seeing a proper case (though it's possible it's been made and I forgot).

See below.
Sabrar wrote:You bring up those two points in your first read-list. I'm biased as hell but I think you might be misinterpreting Gopher's query about voting related powers in the same way you misinterpreted Sabrar1.0's push for lynching DethStalker for mechanical reasons.

Reading this:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Re: vote manipulation. Yes, I wanted to know what votes were on. I changed my mind, and didn't explain myself well. I was talking about obvious ones, like dethstalkers, bessie's, laserguys and dimochka's; vote manipulations that don't hurt town. Really, whats the difference between knowing what they are now, to knowing what they were then? It would have got that discussion out of the way early. Plus, I wanted to see people's reasons for wanting / not wanting to know people's vote powers. I was also under the mistaken assumption of everyone having powers. Thank you for making me point that out, by the way.

I think you might have a point. I may have been misreading it. [after looking it over I'm still concerned]
I read:
Post 1: Everyone, tell us your voting powers.
Post 2: Srsly it’s good for town.
Post 3: Actually I was only talking about the visible ones.
Which I found inconsistent, ergo scummy. (This was my first point.)
After I (admittedly way too late), pushed this again, the above quote seems more or less consistent with all three posts. Come to think of it (TUNNEL) I don’t remember seeing Gopher saying he changed his mind in those three posts. If Gopher changed his mind, he didn’t mention it when he did. I feel if town change their mind, they say it out loud, while scum might change their mind and pretend they don’t.

Also, looking closer at post 2, Gopher is implying that the vote manipulations he's talking about would be from people who can't be cops/docs/vigs, which to me implies stronger powers than the two visible ones he mentions in post 3. Looking at the flips, most people have a voting (dis)ability and a main power.
Also, also, if you're under the assumption of everyone having powers you were definitely not just talking about those two visible ones.

So yeah, my first point is that Gopher was inconsistent about his question for voting powers. I don’t have a problem with the question in itself (if properly nuanced, like in his most recent statement), I have a problem with the inconsistencies in the defense.

Sabrar wrote:You seem to back down on the town-read of DethStalker.
You bring up a new issue here. On a (renewed) first glance I think you have a valid point here, Gopher appears to be inconsistent.
No new points in these two posts where you end up voting him (and in-between you don't talk about him at all). This seems lazy (especially given the next link).
Finally you want to push him further by returning to previous points.

Overall your case seems to stand on (mostly) weak legs, though there are a couple of good points there as well. Could be scum-on-scum given the setup.

The link to the ‘new issue’ I bring up doesn’t seem to work. I assume it’s about the DethStalker read. (if it isn't, let me know) Where my summary of the situation is:

Post 1: I think DethStalker is town but if he flips scum look at bessie ("very informative")
Post 2: (after DethStalker flips scum) Huh? yeah, I didn’t mean bessie.
Post 3: also I expected DethStalker to become active in the last 36 hours.

In this case, my issue isn't with Gopher's town read on DethStalker, it's with his inconsistencies in his defense.

I understand that you might think these are weak legs to stand on but for some reason they keep pinging me.

bessie wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Re: vote manipulation. Yes, I wanted to know what votes were on. I changed my mind, and didn't explain myself well. I was talking about obvious ones, like dethstalkers, bessie's, laserguys and dimochka's; vote manipulations that don't hurt town. Really, whats the difference between knowing what they are now, to knowing what they were then? It would have got that discussion out of the way early. Plus, I wanted to see people's reasons for wanting / not wanting to know people's vote powers. I was also under the mistaken assumption of everyone having powers. Thank you for making me point that out, by the way.

It’s been pointed out before. Here.
Sabrar wrote:Based on how the mod described the setup I would assume that everyone has a posting restriction and a vote-related ability/restriction. Some might not be as obvious as others.
Plytho contradicts him in the next post.

I think Gopher's more concerned about his own assumption being pointed out rather than the general idea that not everyone has vote powers.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu May 25, 2017 6:06 pm UTC

Votals:

Gopher of Pern (3): SirGabriel, plytho, DGames | Bard
Sabrar (1): #HBC | YOLOSWAG
SDK (1): LaserGuy
#HBC | YOLOSWAG (6): Sabrar, BoomFrog, SDK, Gopher of Pern, Madge, kalira
LaserGuy (1): bessie

Seven to hammer. 1 not voting. Less than an hour left.
Image <-- Evil experiment

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 25, 2017 6:13 pm UTC

Feels bad man.

I will take this noose with honor, however. Kind of sad you guys are lynching me, I thought I was obviously Town this game, but guess not. Feel like Town's getting rolled again. I can't believe some of the posts that have actually been made today and excused.

Post almost done, avenge me.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu May 25, 2017 6:15 pm UTC

DGames | Bard wrote:I have a confession to make: I got kind of lazy day 2 as a result of getting pretty busy with other things, so I haven't given this game my full and complete attention. Not a good look for a first impression, I know, but yeah. :x

If there's any posts I missed that addressed me though, lmk and I'll respond to it! I'm an open book. :3

I made this post earlier today and it is 100% about you.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu May 25, 2017 6:24 pm UTC

plytho wrote:So yeah, my first point is that Gopher was inconsistent about his question for voting powers. I don’t have a problem with the question in itself (if properly nuanced, like in his most recent statement), I have a problem with the inconsistencies in the defense.

And that's fair enough. I personally think his biggest mistake was in post 2 where he didn't think all the way through the implications of those roles. The reason I think that's a mistake, though, is because I'm reading him as strongly town otherwise. Can you tell me what from his other content you find concerning?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 25, 2017 6:43 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:SDK has been extremely unhelpful so close to deadline

What would you like me to do that I haven't been doing?
I thought I answered this, although maybe not since by the time I read it night had fallen. I expected you to have gone into SDK stage 2 and build a case for why you thought someone was scummy. As I recall right after you posted this you also did state your case against Madge. Although I disagreed with it, it was what I had been expecting you to do earlier.

SDK wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Note in case of my death: If DethStalker is non-mafia then lynch SDK. If SDK is mafia take a hard look at Yoloswag.
BoomFrog wrote:Also, if DethStalker is non-mafia then JimBob is also probably non-mafia.

Why? I can see the connection between me and YOLOSWAG, but I don't see the connection between DethStalker and me or between DethStalker and jimbob.

What does DethStalker flipping mafia tell us? I mean, I'm not holding out much hope that he is either, but surely you've considered that as an option, townie as you are.

If DethStalker were town then you went after two different townies D1 (counting madge who I think is townie). That plus my other pings and my townie reads on others puts you as scummy in that scenario.

JimBob defended DethStalker pretty strongly, I would feel that scum!JimBob would have not argued against lynching a townie, especially not so strongly for fear of making a connection. Some scum players would have, but my metaread of scum!JimBob is that he would not.

If Dethstalker flipped town I expected you to not be his scum buddy and me to not be killed. I did put that in my prose-bomb to you.

SDK wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:The proclaimed master SDK,
So astut, and sharp of wit,
To err so​ frequently begs suspicion
Is it malice or mere ignorance

To what errors do you refer?

Your case against me at the end of D1 got basically every assessment of my motivations wrong. And you (I'm pretty sure) were wrong about Madge. Basically everything important that you'd weighed in on at that point except that first post about Dethstalker being scum. If YOLO flips town you've still made a lot of mistakes (and my flip would your D1 assessment of me was wrong), hence the dying wish to see you hung.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 25, 2017 6:48 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
plytho wrote:I'm thinking there's no way town would behave any way close to that as town would be more open to trust people and take their advice, while you are saying there is no way scum could behave like that because they need to blend in. I guess I see where you are coming from now.

You've never been mafia before. In many ways it's actually way easier to trust people as mafia - you know who your team is and you know who is town.

By the way, why did you say this?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 25, 2017 6:50 pm UTC

Since deadline is coming soon. If YOLO is town and SDK is scum I think plytho is likely his buddy. This current plan is a method to look like he's putting pressure on plytho without actually any danger of a lynch since plytho is "cleared" if YOLO flips town. I'd change my vote to plytho if we weren't literally minutes from deadline.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu May 25, 2017 6:52 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
plytho wrote:So yeah, my first point is that Gopher was inconsistent about his question for voting powers. I don’t have a problem with the question in itself (if properly nuanced, like in his most recent statement), I have a problem with the inconsistencies in the defense.

And that's fair enough. I personally think his biggest mistake was in post 2 where he didn't think all the way through the implications of those roles. The reason I think that's a mistake, though, is because I'm reading him as strongly town otherwise. Can you tell me what from his other content you find concerning?
(You might have a town tell on Gopher from experience that I don’t have yet.)

One thing I noticed scrolling through his content just now is that he apparently needs to mention he’s townie in two posts.

Other than that I'm not getting pinged by anything. But I sort of expect competent scum to be able to produce good content so when I find some flaws in that content I go for them. I think a big challenge in mafia is figuring out the difference between scum slips and town mistakes. Right now I'm reading Gopher as scum slipping while you read him as town making a mistake.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 25, 2017 6:56 pm UTC

Deadline's soon, so's my post. Cleaning something up first.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu May 25, 2017 6:59 pm UTC

SDK wrote:No time to properly finish this. Overall, plytho's been feeling much more disengaged with the game than I'm used to, especially in Day 2 where I first picked up on it (that was the weird thing I was trying to put words to). There's also the weird way he treated bessie (and me by extension). Either way, I'm comfortable enough with my read on him that proving out this team with a YOLOSWAG lynch seems the thing to do.

BoomFrog wrote:Since deadline is coming soon. If YOLO is town and SDK is scum I think plytho is likely his buddy. This current plan is a method to look like he's putting pressure on plytho without actually any danger of a lynch since plytho is "cleared" if YOLO flips town. I'd change my vote to plytho if we weren't literally minutes from deadline.
It looks like I’ve become a pawn in SDK vs BoomFrog. No matter how YOLO flips I’ll have one of them gunning for me :shock: .

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 25, 2017 7:00 pm UTC

Attention scumbags everywhere.

I want scum to win this game. I've been lynched for YOLO'ing once again, but I hope to assist all scum with my final will. What I'm trying to tell you is that if my team doesn't pull this out (though I think we have a good chance with how things are going), that I want you to win. Check my last game Dark Tower where I helped the scumteam the entire time (They never even thanked me. How rude. I consider it a win in spirit.) like I did here. I always side with scum anytime I roll non-Town; I'm being sincere here and you can trust me.

I have a traitor in the thread. My team also still has a strongman and is looking damn good. Other team, I'm going to suggest the following pools for each of us to minimize the amount of crosskills.

I propose my team kills from SDK, kalira, SirG, Bard, Madge, and BoomFrog.

I propose the other team kills from Sabrar, GoP, plytho, bessie, dimochka, and Laserguy.

This is MORE than enough wiggle room in each pool to keep other scum around so we can all collaborate to kill as many innocents as we possibly can.

I highly encourage all the scum and non-Town in this game to unite against the Town and kill them. So 3rd parties, please stop aligning with Town all the time and join the dark side. This game is more than winnable, just look at my lynch today despite the blatant scumposts that were made left, right, and up and down the thread this day phase.3rd parties, please help us out and stop just helping Town all the time. It's much more entertaining and hilarious to kill innocents.

Remember that I HAVEN'T claimed which team I'm on in this post, so edit your reaction to this post accordingly and make not sure not to slip. I waited 'til the end of the Day to minimize the amount of immediate reactions, but I'm hoping this can help you guys out D3 onwards.

I'm 3/4 on this site now. Do I have Carlington beat? What's troublesome though is that I think I'm going to get scumread when I finally roll Town.

Scum for life. Born a scum, die a scum.

Farewell.

mpolo

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II, night: How to deal with missing actors

Postby mpolo » Thu May 25, 2017 7:01 pm UTC

GLOUCESTER

Hark, the duke's trumpets! I know not why he comes.
All ports I'll bar; the villain shall not 'scape;
The duke must grant me that: besides, his picture
I will send far and near, that all the kingdom
May have the due note of him; and of my land,
Loyal and natural boy, I'll work the means
To make thee capable.

Enter CORNWALL, REGANa doctor, and Attendants

CORNWALL

How now, my noble friend! since I came hither,
Which I can call but now, I have heard strange news.

DOCTOR

There is means, madam:
Our foster-nurse of nature is repose,
The which he lacks; that to provoke in him,
Are many simples operative, whose power
Will close the eye of anguish.

CORNWALL (Aside)

Thou shouldst but take the role of my dear Regan, good doctor.

GLOUCESTER

O, madam, my old heart is crack'd, it's crack'd!

DOCTOR

Aside

I never explected this role. I'll just go with what I know.

Aloud

Madam, sleeps still.

GLOUCESTER

O, lady, lady, shame would have it hid!

DOCTOR

So please your majesty
That we may wake the king: he hath slept long.

GLOUCESTER

I know not, madam: 'tis too bad, too bad.

EDMUND

Yes, madam, he was of that consort.

DOCTOR

Be by, good madam, when we do awake him;
I doubt not of his temperance.

CORNWALL

Nor I, assure thee, Regan.
Edmund, I hear that you have shown your father
A child-like office. For you, Edmund,
Whose virtue and obedience doth this instant
So much commend itself, you shall be ours:
Natures of such deep trust we shall much need;
You we first seize on.

EDMUND

I shall serve you sir,
Truly, however else.

GLOUCESTER

For him I thank your grace.

CORNWALL

You know not why we came to visit you,--

DOCTOR

Please you, draw near. Louder the music there!

GLOUCESTER

I serve you, madam:

Shoots Doctor with a very anachronistic pistol.

The will of the masses I cannot resist.
Seven have said that he is evil, yet I had wont had killed the King.
Your graces are right welcome.

Exeunt

DIRECTOR

Hmm... YOLOSWAG wasn't the ideal stand in for Regan, was he?

bessie

Perhaps you should have just cut that scene.

DIRECTOR

And tamper with the Bard's work? Never!

#HBC | YOLOSWAG has been lynched. Role information in the morning. It is night. Those who can communicate by PM may do so. Those who have powers should submit them. Deadline for night is Sunday afternoon, UTC+1. (I set this an hour earlier than usual because of my probable availability.)
Last edited by mpolo on Thu May 25, 2017 7:14 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mpolo

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II, night: how to deal with missing actors

Postby mpolo » Thu May 25, 2017 7:13 pm UTC

Final Votals:

Gopher of Pern (3): SirGabriel, plytho, DGames | Bard
Sabrar (1): #HBC | YOLOSWAG
SDK (1): LaserGuy
#HBC | YOLOSWAG (6): Sabrar, BoomFrog, SDK, Gopher of Pern, Madge, kalira
LaserGuy (1): bessie

mpolo

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act III opens in chaos

Postby mpolo » Sun May 28, 2017 3:01 pm UTC

KING LEAR

Make no noise, make no noise; draw the curtains:
so, so, so. We'll go to supper i'he morning. So, so, so.

THE FOOL

And I'll go to bed at noon.

A band of RUFFIANS enters, and hangs the FOOL and exits before anyone can react.

KING LEAR

They have hang'd my fool.

Enter GLOUCESTER

GLOUCESTER

Come hither, friend: where is the king my master?

KENT

Here, sir; but trouble him not, his wits are gone.

GLOUCESTER

Good friend, I prithee, take him in thy arms;
I have o'erheard a plot of death upon him:
There is a litter ready; lay him in 't,
And drive towards Dover, friend, where thou shalt meet
Both welcome and protection. Take up thy master:
If thou shouldst dally half an hour, his life,
With thine, and all that offer to defend him,
Stand in assured loss: take up, take up;
And follow me, that will to some provision
Give thee quick conduct. Come, come, away.

Exeunt all but EDGAR.

EDGAR

When we our betters see bearing our woes,
We scarcely think our miseries our foes.
Who alone suffers suffers most i' the mind,
Leaving free things and happy shows behind:
But then the mind much sufferance doth o'er skip,
When grief hath mates, and bearing fellowship.
How light and portable my pain seems now,
When that which makes me bend makes the king bow,
He childed as I father'd! Tom, away!
Mark the high noises; and thyself bewray,
When false opinion, whose wrong thought defiles thee,
In thy just proof, repeals and reconciles thee.
What will hap more to-night, safe 'scape the king!
Lurk, lurk.

Enter EDMUND, white as a sheet.

EDMUND

Yours in the ranks of death.

Dies. Curtain.

DIRECTOR

Whose idea was that? If Edmund's dead, then Edgar has no motivation to run out and be Tom a Bedlam. And we lose a big swordfight at the end. At least BoomFrog waited until after his last line to kick the bucket. Very unprofessional, this bessie.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG is dead. He was a member of the Stage Actor's Guild of Albania and a roleblocker.

bessie is dead. She was a mason.

BoomFrog is dead. He was a Tracker.

10 people remain alive. 6 to hammer. Deadline on Thursday: 18:00 European Summer Time

Votals:

None

Role PMs

Spoiler:
Welcome to our production of King Lear! You have been chosen to play the role of the Doctor. Being confident and perfectionist will give you great success. I'm a little nervous about your hanging around with <redacted>. They seem to be a bit shady.

You are a member of the Stage Actors Guild of Armenia. Disgruntled that so many non-members have been cast in this play, you have decided to take matters in your own hands. You win when all threats to your group are removed and you control the vote in the day. Each night, the Guild may choose one of their number to kill another actor. In addition, you have the personal ability to role-block another player each night. Being confident means that you will always have a vote down. To Unvote someone, you must vote for someone else in the same post. If you are forced to Unvote, you will vote for yourself until you change that vote. Perfectionism is a role-playing restriction. Try to point out other people's mistakes (even in grammar and spelling). If you yourself have made a mistake, you will need to be extremely apologetic and self-correcting.

Welcome to our production of King Lear! You have been chosen to play the role of Edmund. I know you are bitter about not getting the lead part, but buck up, this role will let you show your dramatic chops. With the recent unpleasantness, your friendship with <redacted> may be just what the troupe needs.

You are town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You are a Mason together with <redacted> and can communicate at night by PM. You know that <redacted> is also a townie. Dramatic is a role-playing restriction. Try to be "dramatic" when you can in your postings. You are a little bit bitter about Gopher of Pern getting the lead role. You will start each day voting for him, but can change this at will.

Welcome to our production of King Lear! You have been chosen to play the role of the Fool. I'm glad that you are so enthusiastic for the role. However, you're going to have to overcome your laziness. Your skills as a Boy Scout may well save our troupe from the dangers lurking.

You are town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You can follow another player in the night to see who he visited. However, you are not capable of following supernatural beings, at least when they perform a kill. [You can see other supernatural actions, just not supernatural kills.] Due to your enthusiasm, you are totally into the Method Acting – you will try not to break character ever (role-playing restriction). Due to your laziness, you will get not receive the results of your investigation until the last 24 real-life hours of a given day.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 28, 2017 3:13 pm UTC

Do Albania and Armenia represent different teams?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun May 28, 2017 3:18 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Do Albania and Armenia represent different teams?

I think the group is so confused, they don't know where they're from. There's only one Stage Actors' Guild involved in this production.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 28, 2017 3:23 pm UTC

@SDK: full claim please.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun May 28, 2017 3:31 pm UTC

Still two night kills, so unless someone claims vig, we most likely still have one more Stage Actor's Guild member left, plus the supernatural team.

Did BoomFrog ever claim a tracker result? If not, we should look through his posts from the end of D2 to see if he breadcrumbed anything.

What does everyone think about doing a mass claim today? At the very least, I would like Bard and SDK to claim, as they're the two who claimed to have info about other players in their PM.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 28, 2017 3:38 pm UTC

Against mass-claim just yet because of the randomization of roles.

kalira

Postby kalira » Sun May 28, 2017 4:17 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@SDK: full claim please.

SirGabriel wrote:What does everyone think about doing a mass claim today? At the very least, I would like Bard and SDK to claim, as they're the two who claimed to have info about other players in their PM.

Mass claim usually doesn't go well for town, but I'm willing to consider it. So I'm confused. SDK claimed the way his role interacts with bessie makes her highly likely town, but unless I'm mistaken, bessie didn't confirm she knew the same abt SDK? Or was that all just smokescreen for them being masons together? I don't necessarily want SDK to full claim right now, but I *do* want him to tell us if he was bessie's mason partner.

I'd like Bard to claim before SDK.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 28, 2017 4:56 pm UTC

kalira wrote:I don't necessarily want SDK to full claim right now, but I *do* want him to tell us if he was bessie's mason partner.
After thinking about it a bit I agree with the above.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 28, 2017 8:19 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I am also somewhat skeptical of Sabrar's motives to push everyone on to one of the two main wagons.
So what do you think were my motives?

Also please react to this post by bessie.

Aside: figured out why some links were broken. If you sort by author then position of posts will change overtime and software won't find it. If you sort by date then this won't occur.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 28, 2017 8:56 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:Did BoomFrog ever claim a tracker result? If not, we should look through his posts from the end of D2 to see if he breadcrumbed anything.
No claim. Originally 24 hours before deadline was 4pm UTC 05/23.
This could have been the result of BoomFrog tracking YOLOSWAG and seeing him kill Sabrarv1.0 however this contradicts it. He mentions that he has other suspects as well but makes no apparent move to anyone else other than plytho. I don't think he had a useful result.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sun May 28, 2017 9:34 pm UTC

Well, I'm surprised that Boomfrog is dead, and their role. Less so about bessie.

I must have thought something was up with bessie due to her having night chat. It was just mason chat. However, she did say explicitly that she didn't know if SDK was town, which contradicts her role pm. So, if SDK isn't her mason buddy, then who is? bessie has SirGabriel at the top of her townie list.

Boomfrog, if only you'd explained yourself. You have three secret town club members? Gah. Plus, you were totally wrong about YOLO being supernatural, even if they were scum. I just can't get a good read.

So, my suspicions are directly on Bard and Laserguy now. What information would Bard have that he would want to protect Laserguy? Probably not mason (although, we shouldn't discount the possibilty of 2 mason groups). They were both at the bottom of bessie's list as well.

I'll look through SirGabriel later today. They could be a third member of the guild.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 28, 2017 10:03 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:I must have thought something was up with bessie due to her having night chat.
Where did you state this previously?

What happened between this and this? In the first you still find bessie scummy, in the next you have her in the top half of your list.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sun May 28, 2017 10:32 pm UTC

SDK
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun May 28, 2017 11:23 pm UTC

Quick post before work: I targeted someone other than SDK but I got no useful result. So I'm still pretty useless right now. Let's hope things improve.

More later. That last post before day end was a doozy though. I was thinking if we could analyse the two "target" lists that got posted but realised that both lists are just as likely to have scum team #2 in it, and we're looking at one person from scum team #1 being in the list of team #1's targets. So it's going to be slightly beneficial to lynch from team #1s targets but I think reads and night actions are going to be so much more useful it's not really worth talking about.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon May 29, 2017 1:01 am UTC

Madge wrote:Quick post before work: I targeted someone other than SDK but I got no useful result. So I'm still pretty useless right now. Let's hope things improve.

More later. That last post before day end was a doozy though. I was thinking if we could analyse the two "target" lists that got posted but realised that both lists are just as likely to have scum team #2 in it, and we're looking at one person from scum team #1 being in the list of team #1's targets. So it's going to be slightly beneficial to lynch from team #1s targets but I think reads and night actions are going to be so much more useful it's not really worth talking about.

That's assuming you can trust what scum says. Why would you talk about it if you think it's not worth talking about?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon May 29, 2017 1:30 am UTC

Because I was ruminating on it the last few days and I didn't see anyone comment on it yet (might just have been skimming too quickly though?). I feel like it's in scum's interest to tell the other people to kill people who aren't their allies, so I don't necessarily think they'd be putting their scummate on the "other guys kill from this list" list.

Looks like my 2-2 theory is blown out the water though.

I'd be happy to do a mass claim but I am just going to throw this out there, I'm going to look mighty scummy I think. But I think lots of people will look mighty scummy because of how all this has shaken out.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon May 29, 2017 1:31 am UTC

(like, there are roles that are duplicates of each others, one-shots of powers other people have as multi-shot, etc)

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon May 29, 2017 5:54 am UTC

I don't think it's in town's best interest to have me confirm or deny being masons with bessie. If I am, that confirms me town and gets me killed. If I'm not, that confirms that they should look elsewhere. If you'd like to ask more politely with some reasoning attached, I'd be happy to consider it.

Also Gopher, you shouldn't be speculating on such things. It is not in town's best interest to determine bessie's buddy before it's time.

More later.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 29, 2017 6:36 am UTC

I believe it is in the best interest of town if the mason-buddy claims. This is assuming that s/he doesn't have any additional powers (reasonable given bessie's flip). Reasoning: s/he is currently Vanilla/Innocent Child. Won't have any night results and all advantages of being a mason are lost already. Claiming now also lessens the chance of a counterclaim, or lessens the impact of a mislynch if there is a counterclaim. If scum leaves him/her alive we still have a confirmed townie. If s/he is killed then there is more chance that another townie has a useful result. Also could draw both NK-s (and still could be protected by doc if not). Furthermore we could see who was attacking a confirmed townie.
So in my opinion there are quite a few advantages of the other mason claiming and only 1 drawback (lessens the chance of scum cross-shooting).

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 29, 2017 6:37 am UTC

SirGabriel wrote:What does everyone think about doing a mass claim today? At the very least, I would like Bard and SDK to claim, as they're the two who claimed to have info about other players in their PM.

This seems very premature to me. If someone has a result that would strongly implicate another player, let them claim it. Otherwise, I think a mass claim would mostly just be revealing to scum which players still have strong power roles. Worse, it might allow the scum teams to figure each other out and better avoid cross-kills.

Madge wrote:More later. That last post before day end was a doozy though. I was thinking if we could analyse the two "target" lists that got posted but realised that both lists are just as likely to have scum team #2 in it, and we're looking at one person from scum team #1 being in the list of team #1's targets. So it's going to be slightly beneficial to lynch from team #1s targets but I think reads and night actions are going to be so much more useful it's not really worth talking about.

I think YOLO's post is mostly nonsense/wine. I doubt he would reveal any information that would actually be useful to town (presence of traitors, for example). I spent good bit of time combing it over for anything that might have been a hidden message for his teammate(s) (who to target or whatever), but came up empty.

I do think we may need to reconsider the general policy of holding players at L-2 until the end of the day in light of this though. It may be better to go for hammers on people when we're fairly certain, rather than potentially allow the scumteams to covertly communicate.

Gopher of Pern wrote:Boomfrog, if only you'd explained yourself. You have three secret town club members? Gah. Plus, you were totally wrong about YOLO being supernatural, even if they were scum. I just can't get a good read.

Pretty sure BoomFrog was reading YOLO correctly as Guild.

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:I am also somewhat skeptical of Sabrar's motives to push everyone on to one of the two main wagons.

So what do you think were my motives?

Putting everyone onto one of the same wagons doesn't make the wagons easier to read. I'm not sure why you would have ever thought this was the case. Votes, wherever they are placed, provide information, but urging people to jump onto one of the wagons late--and not caring which one we choose!--makes the wagons harder to interpret because you'll have a bunch of people just bandwagoning because they were instructed to rather than because they had a strong read. As I mentioned to Bard earlier, I think it's likely that scum--the other scumteam--was probably pushing one wagon or the other. Just because we hit scum doesn't mean that the people on the wagon were all, or even mostly, townies.

Sabrar wrote:Also please react to this post by bessie.

bessie wrote:Here's why I think LaserGuy is scum. Because it seems to me like he is trying to act townie. I’ve been thinking about something that Boomfrog said in the last game about newbie scum having trouble acting townie because they lack experience. If LaserGuy is scum, he’s never been town. What first gave me the real feeling that LaserGuy was trying to act townie was when I was doing my read of Gopher of Pern and I sorted his posts and extracted all the comments about me. Lined up like that, they read like LaserGuy’s bessie is scum and bessie is scum V2 posts. Gopher of Pern was the player that had the most suspicion on me, it seemed like LaserGuy took all his reads on me and used them to make his own read.

This next bit will probably be used against me as a sure scum tell, but what the heck, I can be night killed so I need to get all my thoughts out there. I think that LaserGuy is trying to act like me. Everyone knows I have a townie meta. This part is not wine. It’s been going on for so long that it’s turned into a joke. I went on about it here a year and a half ago. (Note: Found this. Here’s a post from that game where I tried to help out a newbie.) I’m notorious for tunneling. Always have been. No link this time, read any game.

I don't know that there's really any way that I can comment on this that isn't just going to sound like wine (part of the reason why I don't comment on people's reads of me in general). Mostly, I'm kind of indignant that people seem to think I have no idea what I'm doing and would need to copy someone's reads or imitate someone's meta rather than play for myself.

bessie wrote:I hammered on him mercilessly. I made lists of his post times and the gaps. I analyzed every word he said. Even LaserGuy commented on it in that game. There’s also the odd thing that he is finding scum tells that he applies only to me.

The fact that she didn't do this at all this game is one of the things that made me so suspicious of her, and one of the reasons why I focused on her doing things that I let slide with other people. My problem was that she didn't sound like bessie (hence my "Who are you and what have you done with bessie? thing), and these weren't things that I associated with bessie in particular doing. Though, that said, I have commented on other people doing similar scumtells (I've pointed to posts from Madge and freezeblade as looking active lurky, Bard's posts as mostly fluff, etc.)

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:compose this,

That wasn’t even that good and mostly copied, so surely BoomFrog is scummier because his was all original.

My interest in her Shakespeare quotations was not that she was active lurking. It was that she started acting extremely weird about it as soon as I brought it up. Here's the exchange in full:
Spoiler:
bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:In that quoted post from Hamlet, what did you mean when you were saying that you couldn't play against your wincon? Why did you choose the soliloquy where Hamlet was contemplating suicide?

Well all right then. I’m really impressed that you know your Hamlet, which is my favorite play. I’m really disappointed that you’re taking away one of the things I was most enjoying about this game. But to paraphrase Boomfrog, it’s time to stop getting distracted and find scum. My post restriction is optional. My vote on Gopher of Pern is not.

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote: In that quoted post from Hamlet, what did you mean when you were saying that you couldn't play against your wincon? Why did you choose the soliloquy where Hamlet was contemplating suicide?

Role playing fun which fulfills my post restriction (quite well in this case). But don’t worry, I’m over it. Happy?

LaserGuy wrote:Ooooooooh.... I hit the mark here, didn't I? No, I really think you should answer the question. Actually... you've been dropping these quotations all game. Shall we revisit them all? How about this one that I mentioned above?

MacBeth gives this speech in response to hearing about the suicide of his wife and co-conspirator. I think she went mad and jumped out off a balcony. Why was this what came to mind upon DethStalker's demise?

bessie wrote:One more comment about the time wasting I am allegedly doing. This is role playing/post restriction. I told you I’m over it. Or are you trying to distract me into a discussion of Macbeth so I waste my time not scum hunting? Ok, Macbeth Act V Scene 5 for those that wish to follow along. What does the imagery of this passage tell us about Macbeth’s mental state? Do you believe Macbeth feels any remorse for his wife’s death? What does this tell us about Macbeth’s philosophy of life and death?

LaserGuy wrote:I understand that it's a role playing/post restriction. Does that mean it isn't content? Why is it that as soon as someone started to analyze those quotes, you reacted so strongly? I'm not asking you to analyze the plays. You are obviously very familiar with the flavor, far more than I. Familiar enough that I assume you must know the context in which those quotations are set. I'm not interested in MacBeth's mental state in Act V Scene 5, I'm interested in your mental state on May 14 and May 20.

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote: Instead of doing player analysis, you settled on a lot of active lurking.

I’m being accused of active lurking by a guy that demands I comment on my mental state on May 14 and May 20?

As soon as I asked her about it, she immediately said she would stop doing it and didn't answer my question. When pressed, she got agitated and still refused to answer. I still don't understand what her problem with this whole matter was... I mean, obviously it was nothing given her flip, but her behaviour here really didn't make any sense. I had figured that she had a post restriction similar to freezeblade in Shakespeare II, where he was required to make "aside" comments that revealed true information or feelings cleverly hidden in spoiler. The Shakespeare quotes themselves, in the context of what she was talking about, looked extremely suspect, so I was trying to figure out if she had a similar sort of post restriction where she was burying real information inside Shakespeare quotes.

Sabrar wrote:Aside: figured out why some links were broken. If you sort by author then position of posts will change overtime and software won't find it. If you sort by date then this won't occur.

That's a nuisance. Thanks for the head's up.

Return to “Mafia”