Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act III opens in chaos

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:24 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Thanks, I needed that chuckle.
My pleasure.

@mpolo: could we get official votals please
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:53 pm UTC

Votals: (There were a lot of pages, and not a lot of votes, so hopefully I didn't miss anything…)

dimochka (1): dimochka
DGames | Bard (2): Sabrar, Gopher of Pern
kalira (1): LaserGuy

About 23 hours remaining.
Last edited by mpolo on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:08 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image <-- Evil experiment

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:00 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Votals: (There were a lot of pages, and not a lot of votes, so hopefully I didn't miss anything…)

DGames | Bard (2): Sabrar, Gopher of Pern
Madge (1): LaserGuy

About 23 hours remaining.

LaserGuy changed his vote to kalira here. Other than that it looks fine.

SDK

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby SDK » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:03 pm UTC

plytho

I don't have much to say on plytho. If he is scum, he's probably Guild, but I'm getting townie feelings from most of his real work. Took him a while to get there Day 1, but he has been consistently good beyond that (including making up for it late in Day 1 with plenty of work and plenty of opinions despite the clusterfuck that was the Day 1 lynch - scum plytho definitely did not need to work so hard there). There are a couple posts that are strangely worded, and I think I noted those as feeling off, but at this point I don't think they're off because plytho's scum. His reads lists are generally way too solid to believe that at this point.

He treats Sabrar like a townie should here.

I also believe his push on Gopher (and the bits of discussion plytho and I have had on that subject) come from the right place. I said before that plytho was feeling a bit more disengaged than usual, but I think that's because he's made more shorter posts through Day 2. The content is there, and I think I must have been focusing on plytho's shorter posts defending himself and getting nitpicky with a few things. On reread, I'm not concerned with that - there's plenty of other content that is just fine.

plytho, in previous posts Day 3 you thought Bard was a strong town read. But then you go on to say:
plytho wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@plytho: if you had a Vig-shot who would you kill tonight?

Do you mean right now, gun to my head or do I get to make my reads first?

Right now I'd probably target Madge or Bard.
What changed between those posts (with less than 24 hours between them)?

plytho's Day 3 reads are all fantastic (by which I mean, they all appear to be properly town, looking at all the right things for the right reasons).

Yeah, plytho's town.

The list of possible scum is shrinking quickly. Lynching Bard is probably the best play.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:18 pm UTC

I'm terrible as usual. here's my read of plytho and kalira, sorry if messy. finishing laserguy now and then need to do sabrar, but with those two I'll have my town to scum list done.

plytho - [D1] finds sdk's claim weird, esp asking if anyone else has same claim re:bessie. questioning votals. says dethstalker shouldn't be autolynch. First reads list feels safe. more of a recap without actual explanations, and under questioning says it's not fully correct and confidence in it is low. mostly focused on gop argument vs. dethstalker townieness and sabrar vs. voting for dethstalker because of lylo risk. [D2] First post recap. Sticks to GoP as scummy but also looks at Yolo. decent read list but once again when questioned on it admits that it wasn't as good (re:sabrar's question about Yolo). Yolo then got demoted without any real explanation. Various levels of analysis of madge throughout. seems to see others with similar lists as townie. [D3] good response to gop and more questioning. more good responses to sabrar. overall d3 starting to look better, although a lot of it is conversation with gop. until the reads, which are also solid imo.
overall townie, improved over time.

Freezeblade/Kalira - [d1] thinks i'm roleplaying too much. knows about supernatural powers. so probably not guild. replaced by kalira. [d2] her first post with content is in line with my read of freezeblade. doesnt believe there is an sk (agreed). makes a good point about SDK not likely to be a part of the two anti-town factions. mentions the setup, like me (randomized and potentially duplicated roles). [d3] not that much content (not that i'm any better), with the biggest thing that jumps out is her desire to lynch laserguy over bard (which makes sense given her reads). I really can't see them both being scum because same team would be way too big a risk (especially given SDK's original claim) and different teams seems unlikely (though possible). Seems to be playing it safe, trying not to ruffle feathers, at least until the very last post.
overall neutral.

EBWOP: ninja'd by sdk, will read in a min.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:01 pm UTC

Rereading dimochka, he definitely does feel town. As others have pointed out, his reads were quite good Day 1, and he was looking at all the right things there. If he is scum, he's certainly not Guild. I wish I had a bit more than just a feeling here, but dimochka hasn't taken a very hardline on anyone but Gopher. Still probably town.

dimochka, you said you had some news from last night. Deadline's been extended, but if you plan to share, you should do it soon.

Rereading kalira, I don't see freezeblade posting this:
freezeblade wrote:I feel that it may work in the flavor, especially as my role PM hints at "supernatural powers" present in-game.
as supernatural scum, especially since it's already been brought up that there are two scum factions.

He also posts this
freezeblade wrote:SDK, for some reason, is pinging me much less this game than typically on D1, I don't know if that means they are more or less townie than normal, however.
which doesn't strike me as scum freezeblade in the slightest.

kalira herself posts a lot of words as usual, but asks some decent questions in there as well. Works through wagons and behaviour. On YOLOSWAG at a couple of key points - probably not Guild if she is scum. Not much really stands out to me apart from that, but it's all solid. Probably town. One thing to note: If Bard does flip town (and confirm LaserGuy town) this post won't look great.

So... yeah, we should lynch Bard. I'm down to three scum reads: Madge, LaserGuy and Bard. If Bard flips town, we're in a bit of trouble to wrangle up a good lynch, but we've got time to figure that out. Seems to me it's most likely that Bard and LaserGuy are supernatural while Madge is the last Guild? Not too sure about that, but I'm confident this is the best play.

Vote Bard.

If Bard flips town, Madge should be lynched.
- If Madge flips scum, Sabrar should be lynched.
- If Madge flips town then I'm not sure where to go from there. kalira is a possibility, as is Gopher, I suppose?
Hopefully it won't come to that.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:20 pm UTC

Hey duders! Sorry I wasn't as motivated to play as I was on D1. There are reasons for this, some which will be made readily apparent, some of which will not.

I'm pretty much resigned to my lynch at this point so this will prooooobably be my last post in this game barring crazy odds of surviving, lol.

You all know where I stand on things; good luck moving forward, dudes! If i'm not around in post-game, let it be known that I like you guys a lot; great, smart group of players.

Toodle doodles. :3

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:25 pm UTC

Are you independent? Supernatural serial killer? It's been fun, Bard. Hope to see you after the game.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:31 pm UTC

@Bard: I was extremely grateful when YOLOSWAG revealed himself before the official flip, at it meant that I didn't have to spend 3 days in suspense trying to figure out if I was right. Could you do me the same courtesy please? :wink:

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:48 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:The last bit of this post. This statement really doesn't seem like the kind of thing that a scum with a night chat thread would be saying. It's possible that she fabricated this entirely, but this feels a lot like the kind of tell that mpolo made in Wheel of Time where he forgot scum had daychat.

That’s a good point. Is there any reason you didn't link to this before?

I mentioned I had seen a towntell on her at some point in D2. I didn't disclose it at the time because I didn't feel it would be beneficial to do so.

plytho wrote:Still doesn’t make much sense to me. Losing a teammate is definitely worse than losing a power so I don’t understand how those priorities could work. I think the only way scum!Bard leaves townie!LaserGuy alive is if he also dies when you’re nightkilled. This is also the case for scum!Bard and rival scum!LaserGuy (which is likely the same from scum!Bard's perspective). So now I’m wondering why Bard would claim nightkilling you doesn’t kill him. I think that bit only makes sense for town!Bard. So either he is town and LaserGuy is too and he’s honestly claiming that. Or scum!Bard added that bit to his claim to lead to this conclusion?

I can't really say much beyond speculation at this point, but I can imagine that there are reasons why it would be beneficial for Bard to want to keep me alive for a little while even if he's scum.

plytho wrote:We have an extension now. Would you mind explaining your reads? What did you notice about me, Madge and kalira that you found scummy?

I've talked a bit about Madge already. Suffice to say, I find the bulk of her content very scummy. I don't really disagree with much that you and SDK have written on the subject already. As I said to Gopher, I don't know how strong to read the towntell I noted versus the rest of her content.

plytho wrote:kalira is apparently your top scum read right now, why? Because she's lurky and behind on the thread? Is she guild or supernatural?

I'm not sure I'd say she's my top scum read. Bard and Madge I think are both scummier in general, but there's specific reasons that I think make it more likely that they're town, if that makes sense. My main problem with kalira is that I don't really have a good read on her at all, and that's certainly in part due to the heavy lurking D3. Most of the other players I have some reason to believe that they may be town, so process of elimination kind of points to her.

As for alignment, there aren't really any interactions to point to either way. I do sort of think YOLO's remaining partner (partners, I guess is a possibility, though I really doubt it) was probably a lurker D1. His behaviour D1 went from very engaged pretty quickly to not caring and barely reading the thread by the start of D2. Obviously DethStalker was a contribution to this, but I think if he had a partner who he thought was pretty strong (SDK, for example), he would have happily bussed DethStalker but remained engaged. Given that he wasn't engaged, I think it's safer to assume his partner was a lurker. Of remaining players, that narrows the pool to basically {Madge, Znirk/Sabrar, kalira, dimochka}, with you and Bard being borderline. Znirk/Sabrar I think we can rule out. dimochka and Madge I have at least some reason to believe they are town, so that leaves kalira. Although I'm not sure that this is worth putting any weight into, if we assume that YOLO's partner is in the list of "my team kills from these people" (so that the other team won't crosskill his partner), namely {SDK, kalira, SirG, Bard, Madge, and BoomFrog} and cross-reference, we end up with YOLO's partner being {kalira, Bard, Madge}, of which I think process of elimination again points to kalira.

plytho wrote:You didn't really explain your read on me when I asked you before, only that I made that one post that looked scummy to you.

You and Gopher are actually similar in my mind in a lot of ways in terms of style and content, and produce similar sorts of scumtells. Certainly one big difference to me is that both BoomFrog and SDK, both town, independently came to the conclusion that you were scummy and Gopher was town in D2.

You've done something, which in isolation, isn't really a problem, but is a pattern that's pinged me a bit. You'd make a statement, someone would point out something that looked odd about it, then you'd immediately retract it. There's nothing wrong with this in principle. People make mistakes all the time. But it's happened a lot (eg. here, here, here, here, and here), which to me sort of feels like you don't really believe in a lot of things you're saying.

There's also a few individual posts that I didn't care for, like the one I mentioned, as well as this one, where the opening line has a sort of "I need to do a better job of manufacturing a case on Gopher" feel to it.

Gopher has some similar problems in his content, I agree. I just don't feel that it's quite the same level scumminess. I can imagine him being scum, but I think there's less to go off of.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:06 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Are you independent? Supernatural serial killer? It's been fun, Bard. Hope to see you after the game.

Sabrar wrote:@Bard: I was extremely grateful when YOLOSWAG revealed himself before the official flip, at it meant that I didn't have to spend 3 days in suspense trying to figure out if I was right. Could you do me the same courtesy please? :wink:

Agreeably, not knowing the flip going into the Night is a cruel mistress. In order to maintain the integrity of the sport however, claiming anything but Town is pretty much game-throwing considering the amount of time left, and saying "I'm a Townie" isn't nearly convincing enough, so I think it's best to wait for the flip.

Just curious, and just for fun; suppose I were scum, which faction do you think I am on? Supernaturals, Guild, or an Independent (assuming those are the only possible competing factions)?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:10 pm UTC

Supernatural.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:44 pm UTC

Not town at the very least. If I didn't already know there are two scum factions, I'd say independent, but I doubt we have independents in a game with two scum teams. Maybe a 3+1 setup with a Survivor? Or could it be that you're a Guardian Angel? If that's the case, I'm not sure why you wouldn't claim it, so I guess I'll be agreeing with Sabrar that you're likely supernatural. Some interaction with YOLOSWAG points towards Guild, so that's still a possibility, though less likely (especially if LaserGuy is on your team). Ultimately, I don't really care which it is so long as you're not town.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:24 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
plytho, in previous posts Day 3 you thought Bard was a strong town read. But then you go on to say:
plytho wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@plytho: if you had a Vig-shot who would you kill tonight?

Do you mean right now, gun to my head or do I get to make my reads first?

Right now I'd probably target Madge or Bard.
What changed between those posts (with less than 24 hours between them)?
I think that was me picking up on the flow of the thread. A lot of good arguments were being made for Bard to be scum. This was before my reread of him but I was in a (hypothetical) gun to my head situation.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:36 pm UTC

EBWOP

Specifically I came from a point where I couldn't imagine scum to make such a play and was ending up at a point where it became plausible.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:43 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
plytho wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:The last bit of this post. This statement really doesn't seem like the kind of thing that a scum with a night chat thread would be saying. It's possible that she fabricated this entirely, but this feels a lot like the kind of tell that mpolo made in Wheel of Time where he forgot scum had daychat.

I mentioned I had seen a towntell on her at some point in D2. I didn't disclose it at the time because I didn't feel it would be beneficial to do so.
Why not?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:25 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:
plytho wrote:

Why not?

I'm not sure what you want me to say. I didn't give it much thought at the time. I noted it and set it aside for later, and then sort of forgot about it until Sabrar mentioned he thought Madge was either town or SK, which twigged my memory.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:53 am UTC

Kalira, did you not see the discussion yesterday re: bessie and SDK? That was my argument. However, it is different today:

We lynch Laserguy, Laserguy is scum, Bard is scum and is potentially dead as well (depending on if they were telling the truth.)
We lynch Bard, Bard is scum, we get little information about Laserguy.
We lynch Bard, Bard is town, we know Laserguy is town.
We lynch Laserguy, Laserguy is town, if Bard is town as well, he dies, if Bard doesn't die, we know they are scum.

Much bigger risk. If Bard is town, lynching Laserguy will net us 2 dead townies, with another 2 possible during the night due to night kills, will leave us with 6 people, with a probably 3 scum. We would be in a losing position.

Bards last couple of posts really don't endear me to them. Seems very similar to what YOLO pulled.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:28 am UTC

Votals:

DGames | Bard (3): Sabrar, Gopher of Pern, SDK

5 people voting, 5 people not voting. 6 to hammer. Deadline is in about 8 1/2 hours.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:31 am UTC

Would love to see 2 more votes on Bard just to avoid any shenanigans.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:42 am UTC

Yeah, I don't see a better play today.

vote: DGames | Bard

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:58 am UTC

So, THE CASE AGAINST PLYTHO (this is a purely rhetorical device: plytho may or may not deserve to have a case made against them; I will comment on whether I think Plytho is townie or scummy overall as a result of my examinations and people are encouraged to weigh in).

(Aside: somehow, despite being the Friday before a long weekend, work has been going very quickly today. Whatever I have done by 4pm is what I post, and then consider me gone)

DAY 1

- skeptical that having votes at game start is townie, examines that pretty well. neutral/townie

- speculation about bessie's vote restriction (which doesn't exist according to her flip, so idk)

- big fight with sabrar about whether lynching dethstalker is better/worse idea because of his extra vote. i consider getting into a big fight on D1 a towntell but I have nothing to base that on. FWIW I think the two were talking past each other, but from reading Plytho and their Sabrar quotes, I'm more on Plytho's side.

- discussion of SDK role is all extremely consistent with his lyncher-esque claim which is very good

- reads list posted. suspects dethstalker of being newbie scum. likes jimbob. thinks YOLO is towny but hard to read. suspects to have figured out laserguy's voting shenanigans.

- really trying to help dethstalker. town being welcoming or scum helping scumbuddy???

- pinged by Sabrar1.0 using an adjective that was maybe inappropriate but seems to have been later revealed as roleplaying

- votes dethstalker because of lack of effort (pretty defensible given logic AND flip)

(aside: plytho posts a LOT. I chose the right person to tunnel on :roll: )

(aside: GoP looks scummy to me based on what plytho posts about him and quotes from him. Fishing for voting roles etc. Speculating two scum factions. Reading dethstalker as "newbie town" though that's only a mild tell itself. Plytho even states that if dethstalker is town, GoP may be his buddy)

DAY 2 note: Sabrar hereon becomes Sabrar2.0

- still stuck on gop's town read on dethstalker

- presses on YOLOSWAG with some good responses to his posts

- reads list: finds YOLO townie/neutral, seems to find SDK a "town-aligned indie" which is oddly - almost SUSPICIOUSLY - accurate. scum role cop? (justifies it based on reads)

- seems to tunnel on boomfrog, our dearly departed townie friend

- vote GoP

- updates read on SDK from townie-indie to town (maybe not a role cop after all?? or is that what he wants us to think?) - not sure why he felt that worth mentioning though in its very own post.

(aside: YOLOSWAG mentions Dethstalker was bussed: YOLOSwAG says themselves, boomfrog, and plytho were on the wagon - clearly YOLOSWAG was a busser but are boomfrog and plytho also? I doubt yoloswag would have mentioned 2 guild players and 1 non-guild player as lynch candidates so I suspect as a result of this that BF and Plytho are non-Guild)

(aside: have we looked through boomfrog's posts for breadcrumbs about tracking targets?)

Unfortunately not much to hang a hat on. Plytho posted a LOT, and despite that, nothing was really ground-breaking.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:06 am UTC

SDK wrote:Rereading kalira, I don't see freezeblade posting this:
freezeblade wrote:I feel that it may work in the flavor, especially as my role PM hints at "supernatural powers" present in-game.
as supernatural scum, especially since it's already been brought up that there are two scum factions.

Could you elaborate? Is this a meta read on freezeblade or don’t you think scum would post something like that?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:35 am UTC

Madge wrote:(aside: have we looked through boomfrog's posts for breadcrumbs about tracking targets?)
Here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:57 am UTC

Cheers for that Sabrar.

Based on what I did manage to read through, GoP is probably my favoured lynch target at the moment, unless something happened during this last two and a half days to clear him, but I don't think anything did.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:35 am UTC

dimochka wrote:I'm terrible as usual. here's my read of plytho and kalira, sorry if messy. finishing laserguy now and then need to do sabrar, but with those two I'll have my town to scum list done.
Any chance of getting this before the deadline? Or even just the list?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:44 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:Edit: my bard analysis post is at work and I don't want to re-create it from scratch. I'll post it when I get into work in about an hour and a half. I'll just add to it the answers to sabrar's questions.
This was forgotten as well.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:07 pm UTC

First of all, I targeted Sabrar N2. I won't currently say with what, but if I die at night it'll be clear.

Laserguy Read:
Spoiler:
first post concerned (or fake concerned) about bessie's well being. guesses 6 nontown - 2/2 scum pair, lyncher, survivor. feels townie for now, though 2 is too weak. when questioned mentions coaligned scum (??). explains thoughs of two factions and pushes back on proposed voting mechanics. explains antitown outlook on SDK (makes sense from his angle, if he ignores the idea of lyncher). reads list looks ok for a D1 list (where several people had low content). D1 mentions the game being taxing playing as town after two games as scum... didn't he have previous mafia experience? strange statement. [d2] points out yolo's strange ask to vote out of specific pool of people. analysis re:bessie (i actually see some of those points as valid, even with bessie's flip). more good points about bessie worrying about how people read her more than trying to scumhunt in other content. sees gop as scummy too. focuses too much on bessie and explaining his view of bessie imo. and reading into her play (she's generally just a nice player, in regards to dethstalker responses). explains yolo view switch. finds SDK's view of one scum team + SK strange (i do too... I thought at that point it was relatively accepted, though not proven). reading too much into the setup (roleblocker same team as rb immune). [d3] explanation re:bessie feels ok, but at this point he really should focus on other people. further explains his change of heart on yolo and read of sdk/bessie. d3 much less scumhunting. actually none until we get to the reads. labels madge as possible sk (i don't see how that would work whatsoever unless it's an SK without a kill). don't understand his read of plytho - @Laserguy feel free to explain how he's "coordinating". read of bard is strange. actually this whole post feels off. explanation re plytho/gop scumminess is ok. i feel like read on madge flip flops between "she's scum" and "she could be indie" a lot. don't see why he switched vote to kalira.
Overall D3 feels like it's significantly lacking in scumhunting and targets are switching a lot. I understand that it may be due to incorrect read on the bessie/SDK situation, but I still expect more at this point. I'll have to see what comes of the bard flip but at this point LG not looking good.

My bard reads list has been forgotten and is still on the work computer which I probably won't get to in time. Let me try to summarize.
Spoiler:
Bard looked ok D1, though I was heavily influenced by his claim about LG. D2 he was easy to jump on GoP given interaction with dethstalker. Also had few actual reads otherwise and didn't scumhunt much. Reads list came kinda out of nowhere, don't see reasoning for a lot of it. responds to my question. still no scumhunting - wants to vote for gop but willing to vote for yolo, without much explanation (yes there was discussion in thread but he's kinda following the pack here). admits tunneling on gop, but doesn't do anything about it. given sdk's claim d3, bard looks less likely to be town. somewhat agree with his response to SDK about claiming mason. Thinks SDK is indie (i think this might actual point to him being an indie himself, if not scum altogether, the way it's phrased). Don't believe his claim re: Laserguy being confirmed town. Would likely be same as SDK. somewhat feels like he's given up. though he is consistent with claim. brings up SKs out of nowhere. analyses this "relationship" between him and laserguy (not helpful imo). so he's somewhere between frustrated town by the role he's given and potential scum. But scum lean for the simple reason that several times he's tried to bring up ideas that didn't really align with his thoughts (mostly around the analysis of the relationship and bringing up SK). plus complete lack of scumhunting. I'm ok with his lynch.

Current list:
SirG
Sabrar
Plytho
SDK (still think indie is possible, but I can see how that claim would make sense)
Kalira
Madge
GoP
Laserguy
Bard

kalira

Postby kalira » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:15 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Kalira, did you not see the discussion yesterday re: bessie and SDK? That was my argument. However, it is different today:

We lynch Laserguy, Laserguy is scum, Bard is scum and is potentially dead as well (depending on if they were telling the truth.)
We lynch Bard, Bard is scum, we get little information about Laserguy.
We lynch Bard, Bard is town, we know Laserguy is town.
We lynch Laserguy, Laserguy is town, if Bard is town as well, he dies, if Bard doesn't die, we know they are scum.

Much bigger risk. If Bard is town, lynching Laserguy will net us 2 dead townies, with another 2 possible during the night due to night kills, will leave us with 6 people, with a probably 3 scum. We would be in a losing position.

Bards last couple of posts really don't endear me to them. Seems very similar to what YOLO pulled.

I get that -- if they re both town, it's a very bad move for us. However, I don't think both of them are town. I feel like this situation is somewhat different from bessie and SDK's because more people have been reading Bard and LG as scum. I can see I'm not going to make headway on that though.

I will take some time alone this Night and reread to see if I change my mind on LG, or if I get any better ideas on who might be scum. Need to make sure I'm not tunneling. Don't think I'm wrong that at least one of the two is scum, though. Yeah, for today, I still see Bard being scum, so we shall

Vote Bard
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:21 pm UTC

Leaving a will didn't really work out for me D1 so I'm not going to do that right now. I'll just mention that in case I die you should not look for any breadcrumbs that I may or may not have left.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:24 pm UTC

kalira wrote:Vote Bard

Damn it, I just got back to vote since I realized I haven't had a single vote not on myself all game. Doesn't really matter though, I agree with this lynch.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:29 pm UTC

@dimochka: I think you can safely hammer, unlikely that anything will happen in the next 30 minutes. Unless Bard is some bomb that explodes on being hammered... :D

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:30 pm UTC

Yeah probably makes sense. doubt anything incredible will happen now.

unvote
vote bard

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:35 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Small rule change: Because of vote-affecting powers, night will only fall if the mod calls it. If someone was over hammer and then gets unvoted before I come on, they will still be lynched.
Also, we can still talk.

@SDK: anything to add?

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:16 pm UTC

Oh, didn't realize that.

plytho wrote:
SDK wrote:Rereading kalira, I don't see freezeblade posting this:

Could you elaborate? Is this a meta read on freezeblade or don’t you think scum would post something like that?

I think it focuses attention on himself in a way that won't be desirable in the late game if he is supernatural. I guess you could say it's partially meta since some scum players might do this, but not many. Not that strong either way, really, just a point in favour of kalira.

mpolo

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act III loses another role

Postby mpolo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:31 pm UTC

KENT

Made she no verbal question?

Gentleman

'Faith, once or twice she heaved the name of 'father'
Pantingly forth, as if it press'd her heart:
Cried 'Sisters! sisters! Shame of ladies! sisters!
Kent! father! sisters! What, i' the storm? i' the night?
Let pity not be believed!' There she shook
The holy water from her heavenly eyes,
And clamour moisten'd: then away she started
To deal with grief alone.

KENT

It is the stars,
The stars above us, govern our conditions;
Else one self mate and mate could not beget
Such different issues. You spoke not with her since?

Gentleman

No. But take thee this! [Stabs KENT in the back.]

KENT

I have a journey sir, shortly to go;
My master calls me, I must not say no.

[Dies]

Curtain

DIRECTOR

Did anyone mention that this is the strangest production of King Lear ever brought to stage? And I'm counting the "happy ending" versions!

Sabrar

No, don't you see? We think Bard may be a ghost or an Albanian or maybe an Armenian. In any case, it is totally rational that we paid off a bit player to stab him in the back.

DIRECTOR

I see…

DGames | Bard is dead. Night will end on Monday. Note that in some countries, Monday is a holiday. If that's going to be a problem, let me know and I can extend the night if need be. Get your actions in, and/or start chatting, if that's in your role. Deadline clock.

Day End Votals:

DGames | Bard (6): Sabrar, Gopher, SDK, plytho, kalira, dimochka

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:29 am UTC

Since I answered a question about this in PM, I'm going to give some more info about how the randomization worked.

I found a setup for 15 people on Mafiascum and adjusted it for 16 (it was written to have a Night 0, but I let random.org make all the N0 decisions). That setup had certain roles and powers, usually connected with an alignment. These were randomly distributed (random.org).

Then random.org determined which of your three traits was going to be kept and which was to be given away. Then random.org decided who the given away trait would be given to.

Then I sat down to write the roles. The traits inspired powers/restrictions/voting weirdness as I saw fit, though there was some eye to balance at that point, though it remained fairly "random".

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:06 pm UTC

I think everything is in, but I won't be around right at deadline. Day start will be delayed a couple of hours so that I don't make mistakes by rushing it now.

mpolo

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby mpolo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:59 pm UTC

Enter EDGAR disguised as a mad man

EDGAR

Away! the foul fiend follows me!
Through the sharp hawthorn blows the cold wind.
Hum! go to thy cold bed, and warm thee.

KING LEAR

Hast thou given all to thy two daughters?
And art thou come to this?

EDGAR

Who gives any thing to poor Tom? whom the foul
fiend hath led through fire and through flame, and
through ford and whirlipool e'er bog and quagmire;
that hath laid knives under his pillow, and halters
in his pew; set ratsbane by his porridge; made film
proud of heart, to ride on a bay trotting-horse over
four-inched bridges, to course his own shadow for a
traitor. Bless thy five wits! Tom's a-cold,--O, do
de, do de, do de. Bless thee from whirlwinds,
star-blasting, and taking! Do poor Tom some
charity, whom the foul fiend vexes: there could I
have him now,--and there,--and there again, and there.

Storm still

EDGAR

Pillicock sat on Pillicock-hill:
Halloo, halloo, loo, loo!
Take heed o' the foul fiend: obey thy parents;
keep thy word justly; swear not; commit not with
man's sworn spouse; set not thy sweet heart on proud
array. [/i]Suddenly turns white as a sheet.[/i] Tom's a-cold.

Dies.

DIRECTOR

Did we just lose the only main character that was supposed to survive the play?

Madge

Looks like. But the silver lining is that DGames | Bard appears to have been up to no good.

dimochka

But dear SDK, he seems to have been a benevolent presence. I have found a wand among his personal effects. I think he was a white wizard.

DGames | Bard is dead. He was a member of the Stage Actors Guild of Armenia (or somewhere).

SDK is dead. He was a Wizard (like a doctor, but for supernatural kills).

Deadline coming. Go ahead and start… 7 players, 4 to hammer.

Role PMs:

Spoiler:
Welcome to our production of King Lear! You have been chosen to play the role of the Earl of Kent. Your witty nature will be a boon to the troupe. I am sorry about your unrequited, star-crossed love for LaserGuy. Hopefully that will all work out in the end. I'm a little nervous about your hanging around with <redacted>. They seem to be a bit shady.

You are a member of the Stage Actors Guild of Armenia. Disgruntled that so many non-members have been cast in this play, you have decided to take matters in your own hands. You win when all threats to your group are removed and you control the vote in the day. Each night, the Guild may choose one of their number to kill another actor. As you are witty, you should make jokes in thread (role-play this as you wish). Because of your star-crossed love for <redacted>, if he is lynched, you will take your own life. If the Guild decides to kill him, you cannot carry out this kill.

Welcome to our production of King Lear! You have been chosen to play the role of Edgar. While we know that you really wanted the role of Edmund, I hope you won't be too jealous of bessie. Ultimately it came down to the fact that you are so good looking. I hear that you have been dabbling with the occult. Perhaps you can use these abilities to help you in the recent unpleasantness.

You are town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated, however, because you are jealous of <redacted>, she must have died before the end of the game for you to win. You are also a Wizard, able to protect players at night from supernatural attacks. Being good-looking, you may twice in the game send me a PM to force another player to change their vote away from you (they will simply unvote in general). That player will not be able to vote for you for the rest of that day.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:11 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I think the setup is messy enough that LYLO/MYLO are going to be hard to define with certainty. So I'm not going to risk trying to call those.

Did the setup clear up for this to be announced?

Return to “Mafia”