Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Znirk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:31 am UTC

Since apparently we're doing the early random votes thing:

vote: no lynch

Sabrar wrote:BoomFrog's promise that no power affects the votals (paraphrased)

Ooh, that makes more sense. I first read that rule as "there are no powers that work differently depending on whether day ends by deadline or by hammer", which would exclude something I'd never come across or thought about in the first place.

flicky1991 wrote:"Simple powers" makes me assume we have a cop and a doctor (or one of the two), unless equating "simple" with "standard" is a mistake.


LIkely, but let's not depend on the assumption. I'm not good at judging a game's balance, but I could just as easily believe our justice system consists of something like cop+jailer, or tracker/watcher+doc. I do agree with "probably no godfather" in a newbie-friendly game, but that's only really relevant if there is indeed a literal cop.

moody7277 wrote:Vote: huery


Misspelling a player's name (and at the second letter at that) makes it harder for other players to keep track of informal votals. Was this an accident, or deliberate? Dun dun duun!

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:43 am UTC

Znirk wrote:I first read that rule as "there are no powers that work differently depending on whether day ends by deadline or by hammer", which would exclude something I'd never come across or thought about in the first place.
I thought about that interpretation as well but I found it too convoluted to be something that has to be included in the rules.

bessie wrote:Per rule #2, tying the votes won’t stop the lynch. So I’m going to say 7-2, or 6-2-1 where independent is not anti-town.
Why does one follow from the other?

Unvote

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby plytho » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:04 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Per rule #2, tying the votes won’t stop the lynch. So I’m going to say 7-2, or 6-2-1 where independent is not anti-town.
Why does one follow from the other?

Good question.

Btw, tying votes does stop the lynch if one of the tied votes is for 'no lynch'.

Znirk wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:"Simple powers" makes me assume we have a cop and a doctor (or one of the two), unless equating "simple" with "standard" is a mistake.


LIkely, but let's not depend on the assumption. I'm not good at judging a game's balance, but I could just as easily believe our justice system consists of something like cop+jailer, or tracker/watcher+doc. I do agree with "probably no godfather" in a newbie-friendly game, but that's only really relevant if there is indeed a literal cop.

Let’s not forget about the “unique roles for spice” that will “hopefully make the game more fun for everyone”. This makes me think that equating simple with standard "is" a mistake.

Unvote
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:26 am UTC

Were I to metagame from this I would guess lots of weird roles, very few vanilla or standard. But I don't.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:46 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Doubling up on a joke vote looks funny; tripling up on it is almost unheard of.
What about quadrupling up in Dark Tower? LaserGuy was scum, voting him in order were jimbob (scum-buddy), YOLOSWAG (SK), FrozenFlame (town), SDK (scum-buddy). Do you want to draw comparisons?

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:54 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:"Simple powers" makes me assume we have a cop and a doctor (or one of the two), unless equating "simple" with "standard" is a mistake. If two mafia then probably no godfather (since that nerfs cop too much) unless there is an anti-town independent and cop detects town/anti-town rather than scum/not scum. Three anti-towns in a nine-player game is probably OP though.


I agree with flicky, this appears to be the most likely setup.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:03 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Doubling up on a joke vote looks funny; tripling up on it is almost unheard of.
What about quadrupling up in Dark Tower? LaserGuy was scum, voting him in order were jimbob (scum-buddy), YOLOSWAG (SK), FrozenFlame (town), SDK (scum-buddy). Do you want to draw comparisons?


Unfortunately, we won't know what comparison to draw until he flips.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:06 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Were I to metagame from this I would guess lots of weird roles, very few vanilla or standard. But I don't.


I was also intrigued when I saw boomfrog post that because I was under the assumptiom the game would be pretty vanilla with open setup. Usually pretty basic setup is 2 PRs for town and one for mafia, correct?
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:46 pm UTC

2 PR-s is pretty standard for Town, scum PR depends on their power-level. You can look at these three games as an example that used previously established setups for 9 players. However those are all open setups, closed could mean anything.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:51 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Per rule #2, tying the votes won’t stop the lynch. So I’m going to say 7-2, or 6-2-1 where independent is not anti-town.
Why does one follow from the other?

Good question.
plytho, instead of just active lurking by reposting a question from the post immediately preceding yours without adding your own commentary, how about sharing your ideas on on the setup, or your interpretation on how one thought may have led me to the other?

plytho wrote:Btw, tying votes does stop the lynch if one of the tied votes is for 'no lynch'.
Yes, but in that case no lynch would likely be planned, not the result of last minute voting shenanigans.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:43 pm UTC

bessie wrote:plytho, instead of just active lurking by reposting a question from the post immediately preceding yours without adding your own commentary, how about sharing your ideas on on the setup, or your interpretation on how one thought may have led me to the other?
And you could answer the original question as well instead of just deflecting.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby plytho » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:45 pm UTC

bessie wrote:plytho, instead of just active lurking by reposting a question from the post immediately preceding yours without adding your own commentary, how about sharing your ideas on on the setup, or your interpretation on how one thought may have led me to the other?

Huh? I feel like I did all of that. Maybe minimal but still. My own commentary: remarking that no lynch wins ties. My idea on the setup: be aware that there are unique roles (meaning don't just expect doc-cop-vanilla). My interpretation on how one thought led you to the other: I don't know, I figured there was a simple explanation but it didn't click so I figured I'd wait for your answer, hence: 'Good question'.

bessie wrote:Per rule #2, tying the votes won’t stop the lynch. So I’m going to say 7-2, or 6-2-1 where independent is not anti-town.

I think by this you mean that without rule #2, meaning ties result in no-lynch, you'd expect 3 scum instead of 2. So you think rule #2 favors scum and I don't see why. In the end game if no-lynch ties scum win if it doesn't they can still lose.

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:Btw, tying votes does stop the lynch if one of the tied votes is for 'no lynch'.
Yes, but in that case no lynch would likely be planned, not the result of last minute voting shenanigans.

What kind of last minute voting shenanigans do you think scum can use? If a scum is leading the votals and they force a last minute tie they're still at 50% chance of losing a member at the cost of outing themselves.

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:plytho, instead of just active lurking by reposting a question from the post immediately preceding yours without adding your own commentary, how about sharing your ideas on on the setup, or your interpretation on how one thought may have led me to the other?
And you could answer the original question as well instead of just deflecting.
Good point.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:17 pm UTC

I don’t have time right now to look up old games, so these are from memory. Some examples of ways to handle tied votals.
1. Ties result in an extension. Usually favors town, but extends game.
2. Ties result in no lynch. No lynch usually favors mafia. There is no wagon to analyze the next day. Also can be manipulated by mafia to save a teammate.
3. Ties result in random lynch between tied players. Guarantees a lynch, which in itself usually favors town. More pressure on everyone to vote, which in itself also favors town.

Reason Rule #2 led me to two mafia instead of three: with nine players, a three man team with day chat could manipulate the vote too easily and force no lynch, maybe not D1, but possibly D2 if they all manage to survive to D2.

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:Btw, tying votes does stop the lynch if one of the tied votes is for 'no lynch'.
Yes, but in that case no lynch would likely be planned, not the result of last minute voting shenanigans.

What kind of last minute voting shenanigans do you think scum can use? If a scum is leading the votals and they force a last minute tie they're still at 50% chance of losing a member at the cost of outing themselves.
Saving a teammate vs fear of outing themselves would be less of a factor late in the game.

plytho wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:plytho, instead of just active lurking by reposting a question from the post immediately preceding yours without adding your own commentary, how about sharing your ideas on on the setup, or your interpretation on how one thought may have led me to the other?
And you could answer the original question as well instead of just deflecting.
Good point.
Hmm, active lurking? :)

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:23 pm UTC

@bessie: I would never expect 3 mafia in a newbie-friendly 9 player game so for me resolution of ties was not a factor, that's why I was surprised at your 'premise -> conclusion'. Then again I'm usually getting the setup wrong...

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:31 pm UTC

Sabrar, it was a small piece of the puzzle, certainly not the only or even the deciding factor. And I thought you would have figured out by now my brain is not exactly a linear flow chart, but more like a concept map.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby plytho » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:39 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Reason Rule #2 led me to two mafia instead of three: with nine players, a three man team with day chat could manipulate the vote too easily and force no lynch, maybe not D1, but possibly D2 if they all manage to survive to D2.

So it's more like rule #2 made you think about no-lynch and balance rather than it actually being in scum's favor?

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:plytho, instead of just active lurking by reposting a question from the post immediately preceding yours without adding your own commentary, how about sharing your ideas on on the setup, or your interpretation on how one thought may have led me to the other?
And you could answer the original question as well instead of just deflecting.
Good point.
Hmm, active lurking? :)

Good catch :wink:
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:01 pm UTC

moody's reaction to the early wagon on heury seems pretty natural. Looks okay so far.
Sabrar looks like D1 Sabrar, who I am hopeless at reading. Nothing stands out as problematic at this point.
heury didn't react at all to the fact that a wagon had pushed him to L-2 before he even confirmed. Odd.
plytho/bessie interactions feel a bit off to me. Not sure what to think yet.
Peaceful Whale feels about the same as last game where he was town.

bessie wrote:Reason Rule #2 led me to two mafia instead of three: with nine players, a three man team with day chat could manipulate the vote too easily and force no lynch, maybe not D1, but possibly D2 if they all manage to survive to D2.


With 3 mafia, we'd be at LYLO if we mislynched on D1. This would be a very harsh setup regardless of the rules for dealing with tied votes. Tied votes at day's end come up pretty rarely though. Any particular reason why you're so concerned about it?

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:03 pm UTC

Why should I react to joke votes? Seems entirely pointless. Actually makes me worry about Laserguy a little already, like he is preparing an opening for a future possible lynch, which to me feels scummy. Then again he has played a lot of games as mafia so maybe thats the only way he knows how to act.

Anyhow, my thoughts on peaceful whale since you want to know, putting me at L-2 in the joke phase I don't see as alignment indicative. Probably saw other vote on me so just joined in.

Bessie feels more pushy straight out of the gate than in previous games.

I didn't read plytho as active lurking. It felt like he was making strives to create discussion.

Sabrar feels like Sabrar. The last vanilla game he was mafia and was surprisingly more quiet than usual (though he claimed that was on purpose bevause it was a newbie game), but I don't see him being as quiet tgis game.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:00 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:but I could just as easily believe our justice system consists of something like cop+jailer, or tracker/watcher+doc
Hence "one of the two" in the post you were responding to.
plytho wrote:Let’s not forget about the “unique roles for spice” that will “hopefully make the game more fun for everyone”. This makes me think that equating simple with standard "is" a mistake.
I interpreted those as two separate parts of the set up - the simple ones and the unique roles for spice. But you could be right, they might be one and the same - all unique roles but simple to understand.
heuristically_alone wrote:Why should I react to joke votes? Seems entirely pointless. Actually makes me worry about Laserguy a little already
If you're going to call out LaserGuy for over-analysing those votes, you could go after moody (and possibly Sabrar) for the same reason. So I don't think that alone can be called out as suspicious at this point.
any pronouns
----
avatar from marionic
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:03 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:With 3 mafia, we'd be at LYLO if we mislynched on D1.


I agree with this idea for why a two-scum setup is most likely. Difference between 7/2 and 6/2/1 is greatly dependent on the nature of that 1. Survivor seems to be getting more standard, and might be educational if given to a newer player, therefore is most probable to exist. SK would introduce the issue that LaserGuy brought up, but to a lesser degree. Jester is an annoyance that I've met in several games. Most times town has been "oh, we lynched the jester? oh well, good job guy." which is not the reaction I'd have, and I'm glad BoomFrog has put a sting into that play.

Part of LaserGuy's other post would seem to indicate that compiling impressions is becoming possible, so I'll put mine together soon-ish.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:04 pm UTC

@flicky
It was the fact that it was more of a (passive) attack from laserguy on me, not the actual analysis of what happened.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:26 pm UTC

@bessie: I can certainly accept that explanation but you must realize that I'm not a mindreader and can only analyze what content you decided to share with us.

LaserGuy wrote:plytho/bessie interactions feel a bit off to me. Not sure what to think yet.
Would love to hear more about this.

For some reason I think that BoomFrog would want to avoid having the same setup as in X-men so I don't think we have Survivor. Almost sure we don't have SK and I think the Jester-rule is there to mind-f*ck with us a bit, making us doubt ourselves. In my opinion the most probable is a simple 7-2 setup.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:39 pm UTC

flicky seems to be defending LaserGuy needlessly, could be important if either of them flips as scum. However I also don't like heury's brusk dismissal of the joke votes.

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:45 pm UTC

Why would joke votes need any analysis? They're jokes. (I wasn't saying heury shouldn't criticise LG for that, I was just pointing out there's no reason to go after him specifically when he wasn't the only one analysing joke votes.)
any pronouns
----
avatar from marionic
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:52 pm UTC

Joke votes are not meant to be analyzed, however sometimes they are cast to provoke a reaction. The lack of any reaction can also be telling.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:59 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Why should I react to joke votes? Seems entirely pointless. Actually makes me worry about Laserguy a little already, like he is preparing an opening for a future possible lynch, which to me feels scummy. Then again he has played a lot of games as mafia so maybe thats the only way he knows how to act.


How people respond to votes is still useful in generating content, especially in D1 where there's nothing to go off of. If people don't respond, well, that's content of a sort too. Responding to votes is actually more useful than responding to things like setup speculation, because it means people are interacting with each other, rather than with the static setup.

And look, now that you've responded to the joke vote, you've also managed to create some content of your own and produce some reads.

Unvote

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: I can certainly accept that explanation but you must realize that I'm not a mindreader and can only analyze what content you decided to share with us.

LaserGuy wrote:plytho/bessie interactions feel a bit off to me. Not sure what to think yet.


Would love to hear more about this.


I think mostly it's the same as what heury picked up on:
heuristically alone wrote:I didn't read plytho as active lurking. It felt like he was making strives to create discussion.


I'm not saying plytho has great content yet, but I think accusation of active lurking was a bit strong this early in the game. I'm not really prepared to say more at this point... just getting a weird vibe from the two of them.

[edit]ninja by Sabrar

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begin

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:20 pm UTC

Thoughts so far.

I agree with what a lot of people have said, a two team mafia makes a lot of sense, this is a newbie game, and 3 mafia means they can untie the vote in their favor.
Also, why have an entire rule devoted to jester? Is it because we have one or is it becuase boomfrog likes to mess with our minds?

1. Sabrar- he seems to be acting like he always does. A townie, I can't really read him. More than likely town.
2. plytho - maybe an active lurker. Maybe mafia laying low? Or just honestly trying their best.
3. moody7277- pretty towny, but jumped on PW becuase of a joke vote.
4.Peaceful Whale - put huery at L-2, was it a joke or something more sinister?
5. Heuristically_alone - hasn't posted much, kinda like plytho. Again, I really don't know what to make of it, innocent townie or mafia lying low?
6. Znirk - not enough information really. Maybe a lurker, away from his computer, or like plytho.
7. LaserGuy - I'd group him win Sabar and Bessie, they all seem to be pretty townie and active.
8. bessie - Bessie and Sabar seem the most active, I bet these two are town. If not, we're screwed.
9. flicky1991. Had to think about their first post. Other than that I think they have added to the conversations. Pretty neutral reads.

What does "ninja by Sabar" mean?

Well, here are my thoughts, I really don't know who to vote, I'm not the best at making reads, and I'm worried that if I do, I'll end up killing the apple or something.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begin

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:26 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:What does "ninja by Sabar" mean?


It means that while somebody was writing a post, Sabrar posted in the interim and their post doesn't necessarily include the updated information. Usually you can see who has ninja'd you by clicking preview on your post.

Well, here are my thoughts, I really don't know who to vote, I'm not the best at making reads, and I'm worried that if I do, I'll end up killing the apple or something.


Also, did you edit this post? I was just about to post wondering why there wasn't a read on heury, and then when I checked back, there was a read there. Apologies if you didn't. (If you did, please don't edit in the future... just make a new post and include your edited comment there).

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:27 pm UTC

Ninja'd by X means that while someone was typing out a post another player (X) also made a comment. It indicates that you didn't read the previous post so your content should be viewed in that light.

Regarding voting: it's very early in the day, you don't have to place a serious vote just yet but you also don't need to worry that a vote from you would have serious consequences at this stage.

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:33 pm UTC

@lazerguy

Yeah, I forgot about heury, I kept going to a different window in my browser to reread what people had posted, and I just forgot. Sorry about that. Next time I won't edit my post, I just thought it was a simple mistake and I could simply fix it. Next time I'll just make a new post
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begin

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:1. Sabrar- he seems to be acting like he always does. A townie, I can't really read him. More than likely town.


Can you explain what you mean by this? These statements don't really fit together in my mind. If you can't read Sabrar, how do you know he's townie? Or that he's acting like he always does?

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:38 pm UTC

I've only ever played with Sabar when he's been town, right now he's acting exactly like he always has, and I think that if he were mafia I would notice him acting differently. But becuase you've played a lot longer than me, and are probably more experienced, do you have any reads on Sabar?
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:50 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I've only ever played with Sabar when he's been town, right now he's acting exactly like he always has, and I think that if he were mafia I would notice him acting differently. But becuase you've played a lot longer than me, and are probably more experienced, do you have any reads on Sabar?


I haven't played a lot longer than you. This is my sixth game. What I can tell you is that Sabrar is a very experienced player and I have a lot of trouble reading on D1 as I find his town and scum games very similar. In bin chicken mafia, where I was town and he was scum, I read him as the towniest player through all of D1, though I was able to figure out he was scum in D2. At this point, I don't see anything that strikes me as scummy in his play so far, so he's in my townie pile by default, but it's really too early for me to say anything conclusive about him.

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:51 pm UTC

Okay, I'll try to refrain from judge int Sabar too quickly, thanks for the advices
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby plytho » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:03 pm UTC

I've had a very busy day today (in fact I'm still working and it's midnight here) I'll try to do some analysis tomorrow.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby bessie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:54 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: I can certainly accept that explanation but you must realize that I'm not a mindreader and can only analyze what content you decided to share with us.
I never said you were. I thought by now you would realize I am scatterbrained.

And did anyone seriously think my setup analysis was based solely on a reading of Rule #2? I'm quite suspicious of anyone that wants to try to push this.

plytho wrote:So it's more like rule #2 made you think about no-lynch and balance rather than it actually being in scum's favor?
Please explain your interpretation of this rule. How is Rule #2 otherwise in scum’s favor?

LaserGuy wrote:With 3 mafia, we'd be at LYLO if we mislynched on D1. This would be a very harsh setup regardless of the rules for dealing with tied votes. Tied votes at day's end come up pretty rarely though. Any particular reason why you're so concerned about it?
It almost happened in the last game we played together. Remember?

heuristically_alone wrote:Bessie feels more pushy straight out of the gate than in previous games.
If you’re going to make a meta read on me, please give examples from previous games on which you’re basing this read, because we have played one game together.

Meta read on heuristically_alone: The style of this post is unlike previous games. Maybe he has a chat partner.

plytho wrote:I've had a very busy day today (in fact I'm still working and it's midnight here) I'll try to do some analysis tomorrow.
I can totally relate. Back in a few hours.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby heuristically_alone » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:45 am UTC

Bessie, I'm not saying you are more town or scum fir being more pushy, just stating facts that cross my mind. And did the same thing to sabrar at the beginning of bin chicken.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:16 am UTC

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:With 3 mafia, we'd be at LYLO if we mislynched on D1. This would be a very harsh setup regardless of the rules for dealing with tied votes. Tied votes at day's end come up pretty rarely though. Any particular reason why you're so concerned about it?


It almost happened in the last game we played together. Remember?


Only because the guy playing scum was an idiot and didn't hammer when he should have. I don't know what he was thinking.

I don't think that town would have allowed the lynch to be decided randomly though. Somebody would have broken the tie.

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begin

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:46 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Bessie and Sabar seem the most active, I bet these two are town.
This is very usual for them. They are always talking the most, and I don't think that changes much depending on which side they're on.

Not sure I understand the talk about rule #2 being in scum's favour. Option 2 from bessie's list is the usual one and is more scum-favouring. Unless some people are using "2" to mean her second option and I misunderstood?
any pronouns
----
avatar from marionic
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby bessie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:43 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:Difference between 7/2 and 6/2/1 is greatly dependent on the nature of that 1.
And I'm still thinking about that 1.

LaserGuy wrote:I'm not saying plytho has great content yet, but I think accusation of active lurking was a bit strong this early in the game. I'm not really prepared to say more at this point... just getting a weird vibe from the two of them.
So, what would you consider active lurking? Does quoting a block of text and attaching “+1”, “dude, you read my mind”, or “QFT” count as content?

Peaceful Whale wrote:Also, why have an entire rule devoted to jester? Is it because we have one or is it becuase boomfrog likes to mess with our minds?
Yes.

Peaceful Whale wrote:Well, here are my thoughts, I really don't know who to vote, I'm not the best at making reads, and I'm worried that if I do, I'll end up killing the apple or something.
Peaceful Whale, you're doing great. The best way for you to help town is to talk, a lot, and get others to talk. Hmm, I find the last part of your quote quite interesting. Leads my scattered brain back to moody’s comment above.

heuristically_alone wrote:Bessie, I'm not saying you are more town or scum fir being more pushy, just stating facts that cross my mind. And did the same thing to sabrar at the beginning of bin chicken.
And I'm not saying you're wrong for it. Talk, a lot, remember? The more you post, the more content you generate, the better for town. I'm just curious as to where you are getting your meta read on me.

LaserGuy wrote:Only because the guy playing scum was an idiot and didn't hammer when he should have. I don't know what he was thinking.

I don't think that town would have allowed the lynch to be decided randomly though. Somebody would have broken the tie.
He didn't do so bad, it was a tough call. It is unlikely for a wagon to turn like it did. Similar thing happened D1 in WoT2 - the D1 lynch was such a sure thing that the idiot that was going to be lynched in that game went to work without submitting a night action and held up the game. :P


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: moody7277 and 10 guests