Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

LaserGuy

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D2 - Rest in Pieces

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:38 am UTC

Request prod on moody

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:41 am UTC

EBWOP: Oh, nevermind, he has posted. Barely.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:13 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:How does this satisfy your concerns?

Original post for reference.
bessie wrote:Meta read on heuristically_alone: The style of this post is unlike previous games. Maybe he has a chat partner.

Explanation for reference.
bessie wrote:What I find different in Heury’s post is that he presents reads of five players in the same post, and early in the game. I looked over the three games in which we were both involved, and I found only one example of a reads list of that type (did not yet have the opportunity to read other games). And the way in which that post was organized felt different to me then his usual posting style.

heury’s posting style had changed, and my theory was that it had changed because he was being advised by someone, possibly a chat partner.

heury said he was playing on another site and was getting advice from players on that site.

I was satisfied with his explanation as to why his posting style changed.

What don’t you understand about this?

LaserGuy wrote:You end up giving him a town lean here, but later he's pretty scummy in your reads list near day's end. What happened in the interim?

What happened? Two and a half RL days and 140 posts.

8/12/17 10:33 pm bessie's reads list
flicky1991 – neutral
heuristically_alone – slight town lean
LaserGuy – leaning scum
moody7277 – town lean
Peaceful Whale – neutral indie
plytho – scum lean
Sabrar – town
Znirk – neutral leaning town

Rearranged:
Sabrar – town
moody7277 – town lean
heuristically_alone – slight town lean
Znirk – neutral leaning town
flicky1991 – neutral
Peaceful Whale – neutral indie
plytho – scum lean
LaserGuy – leaning scum

8/15/17 7:51 am bessie's town-scum list
town
bessie
Peaceful Whale
Znirk
moody7277
LaserGuy
Sabrar
heuristically_alone
flicky1991
plytho
scum

Many players changed places on my list. Why so interested in heury? Why not Sabrar? Why not LaserGuy? They moved more than heury did.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:31 am UTC

@LaserGuy: can you give us your updated town-scum list?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:43 am UTC

bessie wrote:heury’s posting style had changed, and my theory was that it had changed because he was being advised by someone, possibly a chat partner.

heury said he was playing on another site and was getting advice from players on that site.

I was satisfied with his explanation as to why his posting style changed.

What don’t you understand about this?

You saw a big enough change between one game and the next, with only a few days between them, to put forward this read unprompted. You don't often do this kind of read, so it must have made an impression... in the 10 or so games that I looked through when I was trying to figure out what the third game was, I couldn't find any examples of you doing something quite like this so early in the game. So I'm just a little surprised you were willing to let it go so quickly.

Many players changed places on my list. Why so interested in heury? Why not Sabrar? Why not LaserGuy? They moved more than heury did.

LaserGuy is town. After much consideration, Sabrar is probably town. heury is... probably not.

Sabrar wrote:@LaserGuy: can you give us your updated town-scum list?

LaserGuy
Peaceful Whale
Sabrar
bessie
flicky
moody
heury

Still working on detailed reads for everyone, so things may shuffle around a bit, but that's roughly where I'm at.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:49 am UTC

bessie wrote:I asked you because your post made me think of it. I had not previously considered one mafia and two recruits, although I had considered two mafia with a mafia supporter. And what kind of test did you think this was? And I like your answer and see that it wouldn’t work in a game this small (might work with a second killing scum faction like a serial killer).
Okay, I can accept that. As a wise person person once said (paraphrased), every content in the thread has a reason and should be the subject of analysis. Most often when a question is addressed to a specific person it's because it concerns some of their content. It seemed a bit strange to me that a question about the setup in general was asked from one player alone and my mind came up with all sorts of hidden intentions behind it.

@LaserGuy: if I may be so curious, what changed your opinion regarding me?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:55 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@LaserGuy: if I may be so curious, what changed your opinion regarding me?

A lot of my case against you hinged on plytho being your scumbuddy. His flip forced me to re-evaluate my read on you without that assumption.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:23 am UTC

I'm feeling good about flicky.
I need bessie to provide her detailed analysis that she promised here, I think that will help me decide whether I can trust her.
I'm feeling less good about moody due to the lurking.
I still think heury is Town but I'll need to reread him sometime.
I get some pings from Peaceful Whale's D2 content but it could be newbieness and his D1 was pretty townie.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:37 am UTC

flicky1991 wrote:My usual best opportunity for posting is in the evening once I'm home from work, and I'm going to be out all this evening - and deadline is around when I get home from work on Friday, so I've basically got Thursday evening as my only good time to do posts D2... I'll look in on the forum whenever I can but don't expect very much from me till then.
As indicated here, I'll be doing a proper post tonight (in around 8 hours' time probably).
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:10 pm UTC

Okay, so I was wondering if any night power results forthcoming, and there haven't been. The mafia recuitable is somewhat interesting, but since he didn't know who the mafia were nor did they know who he was, it is somewhat limited in information generating possibilites. Most of the discussion that did take place regarding the role seemed to me to be about the mechanics and balancing the role, which as I've said I'm blissfully ignorant on.

In terms of reads, I'm still "Do not vote" on Sabrar and bessie, and most willing to vote for heury.

Vote: heury

Could look at LaserGuy in detail soonish.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:29 pm UTC

I feel like a lot of these votes on huery are based on meta reads, well I'm useless there. But huery did react kinda weird to the apple comments I made.
(No comment)

I'm guessing Moody's vote on huery is trying to put pressure on him? I think there are 3 or 2 votes on huery right now. Huery has failed to react...

No one answered flickers question here...
flicky1991 wrote:
bessie wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Oho. I've never seen the Mafia Recruit role in play as far as I can remember so I wouldn't have known how to tell someone is playing like one...]
If you’re looking for some cheese to go with that wine you’re a little late.
I thought I understood what "wine" meant now but sometimes I see people using it in ways I don't understand...

Sabar kinda did, but I think it was a pun be Bessie, becuase plytho was the cheese and got killed, so you're too late. Just a joke I think.

I've got a new top three scum, I'm willing to vote for any of them.

Flicky, huery, and maybe moody.

I'm looking at lazerguy a tiny bit. Just a *tiny* bit.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I'm guessing Moody's vote on huery is trying to put pressure on him? I think there are 3 or 2 votes on huery right now. Huery has failed to react...

As far as I know, I'm the only one voting for heury D2. Votes reset at the end of the day if that was why your thinking this.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:34 pm UTC

@besiie how has your town scum list changed since the start of d2?
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:47 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:LaserGuy is town. After much consideration, Sabrar is probably town. heury is... probably not.
I agree with at least one of these statements, possibly more.

bessie wrote:To do:
Analyze lynch/votes.
Analyze flips. Who targeted Znirk? Why (power role or recruit)?
Update setup spec.
FoS everyone. :P

Lynch / vote analysis - I thought about this, but didn't get anything useful, because plytho and his teammates didn’t know each other. Maybe the D1 votes will tell us more after we get another flip.

Znirk’s flip – the first thing I thought of when I saw Znirk’s flip was wow scum managed to hit the cop. Znirk must have left some clues in his content that he was the cop. I’m rarely able to spot those types of tells (and I rarely catch breadcrumbs unless I know I’m looking for one). Theory is that if scum found a power role/cop tell, it was probably an experienced player, so Sabrar or moody. Skimming Znirk’s content, I found no PR tells (not surprising). But this caught my eye:
Znirk wrote:- Whale's reference to fear of "killing the apple": may just be role-playing creativity, but ... hm. Does Whale know another player's character name, and if so: how does he know, and why and what for does he drop it in the thread? Maybe a mechanic with two players looking for each other? Or some level of selective recruitability, like the nerd masons back in the last MMM? Peaceful Whale: it feels to me like there's something going on here, but not necessarily scumminess.
This made me wonder if someone read this as a mafia recruit hint. If mafia targeted Znirk because they thought he might be the recruit, it could be anyone (meaning that if that was being read as a hint it’s not very subtle).

Setup - plytho's role was pretty vanilla. Could we be dealing with two mafia goons + recruit? Znirk's role implies a protective role. Would mafia would need something to balance doctor + cop strategy by town? I'll need to come back to this tonight.

FoS everyone - I'll work on this too. :D

heuristically_alone wrote:@besiie how has your town scum list changed since the start of d2?
How about you post some content instead of active lurking?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:08 pm UTC

@Moody, what I meant is huery has been voted twice, (not counting that early joke wagon) and has pretty much failed to care. I hope he's working on a very detailed read list. I wonder if he just hasn't been able to come onto the fora lately. Idk.

Hmm, so, I bet we've got a doctor left, and our cop's dead. And then mafia probably has a roleblocker or a killer(?) (what's that called, cyclops could kill twice right?)

It makes since that recruit was cheese, becuase cheese is basically excrement of mold, so cheese is trying to get moldy!!! :lol:

Moody is (kinda) moving up towards townie side of my imaginary read list, huery's moved down unless he actual posts useful content. I'm glancing at flicky here and there, but they're not feeling all that scummy to me.
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:23 pm UTC

Thinking about this when I should be leaving for work. I’ll probably be thinking about this all day.
bessie wrote:Setup - plytho's role was pretty vanilla. Could we be dealing with two mafia goons + recruit? Znirk's role implies a protective role. Would mafia would need something to balance doctor + cop strategy by town? I'll need to come back to this tonight.

Scratch that, the cop can’t be protected by the doctor.

bessie’s latest setup speculation:
2 mafia goons
1 mafia recruit
1 town cop
1 town doctor
1 bulletproof townie
1 town backup
2 vanilla town

Hmm. Mafia is still too powerful. Substitute masons for vanilla town.

heury, are you working on a post or are you done here?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:28 pm UTC

bessie remains in the townie part of the list, analysis feels genuine. Will probably add to it later, but it's a bit of a balancing act.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:38 pm UTC

The doorbell rang. The doorbell!! Guest were coming. Yes, Timmy's friends were here. The loud and reckless boys. Yes, there would be snacking soon. Very soon.

Current vote totals:

(1) LaserGuy - Sabrar
(1) heuristically_alone - moody7277

Not voting -flicky1991, bessie, Peaceful Whale, LaserGuy, heuristically_alone,

7 Players Alive, 4 votes to reach majority and lynch.

Deadline in about 26 hours.

Submitting night actions now is recommended.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:42 pm UTC

I was thinking about who potential scum partners could be for each player if they flipped scum.

Bessie - If somehow Bessie flips as scum, I actually see myself as the most likely scum partner. Has put at the bottom of their reads list, but still feels like holding back on case against me. (If Bessie is scum I will eat everyone's shorts)

Flicky - Seems to be staying further back from Sabrar this game. In earlier games, I recall there being a little more interaction with Sabrar in earlier games.

Laserguy - most likely to have chat with moody. Read moody's.

Moody - I could see him having chat with Laserguy. At first it seemed a little bit like he was sheeping Laserguy's reads on me, but not Laserguy has taken some pressure on me (just a little) while Moody keeps it on. Could be coordinated.

Peaceful Whale- [edited out by order of MOD]

Sabrar - From what I can gather, Sabrar tends not to communicate often with his scum partner in thread, so I would say that Moody would most likely be his scum partner.

Edit: @bessie I've been working on this post at work. Don't tell my boss.
Last edited by heuristically_alone on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:45 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Peaceful Whale - Posted in forum games about [the game] (got reprimended for it there)

To minimize the damage done by outside discussion of the game. Please do not refer to any outside discussions of the game. I've sent a PM to Heuristically_alone instructing him to edit his above post.

Also any current player who hasn't read PW's outside discussion please try to avoid reading about it.
Last edited by BoomFrog on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:52 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:48 pm UTC

Might as well now vote too. I am well aware of the fact that my gameplay tends to make me look scummy, and it feels like Laserguy was talking advantage of that on d1. He took some pressure off me, which could be tactical.

VOTE: Laserguy
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:51 pm UTC

Okay, here's where I'm at:

plytho:
Trying to decide how to interpret plytho tunneling here. Best guess is that plytho had misread bessie early as promoting a 3-scum setup, and assumed that meant she was more likely mafia, and spent all of D1 tunneling her to try to attract her attention. When bessie became exasperated, read him as scum and voted for him, plytho realized he miscalculated and backed off. Taken with a grain of salt since it's a scum read, but plytho's comment on bessie here seems to support this narrative:

plytho wrote:Bessie: saving ‘the bess’ for last. I think I’ve explained my read on bessie already: I thought I noticed some possible scum tells early on (the early active lurker comment, and something about that setup spec didn’t sound right, particularly the refusal to respond). I figured I’d push the setup spec, figuring I may or may not get a scum tell out of it. Yeah, that didn’t happen. So, I don’t think scum!bessie, aware of what I was looking for, made me run in circles here. It’s most likely town!bessie not understanding what I meant. Or, much less likely, scum!bessie not understanding what I meant. The rest of her content is standard town bessie although I agree with Sabrar that this is a weird train of thought. Neutral-Townie

I don't see anything else in his content that looks like obvious signalling.

Znirk:

Reads list singles out heury, followed by Peaceful Whale and flicky as scum candidates, with supported justifications for each. Giving a few scum points to those three since there's plausible reasons for them to want to kill Znirk. I don't see anything hinting that Znirk is cop.

bessie:
Waded through the plytho/bessie debate again in light of plytho's flip and assuming that plytho was looking for his scumbuddies, I can kind of see how he might have interpreted the Rule #2 business as bessie hinting that she expects a three person mafia. I don't know that there is really anything there, but I'm noting for completeness. I'll throw a couple scum points bessie's way to be safe. The meta read bessie gave on heury is rubbing me the wrong way a bit, as I've hinted above. It's based on only two games' worth of data, both with heury town, and one of which has a counterexample. Backs off quickly and never brings it up again. There's an inconsistency that she originally said she looked over the three games she says she had with him, but when I brought this up later she said she'd only read two. On reflection, going to give her a scum lean.

flicky:
I don't care much for his contributions overall so far. Fairly light on activity, not a lot of scum reads. Reading over his Town game in bin Chicken, I see a lot of similarities in terms of playstyle, including posting a very thin reads list early in the game. Neutral, I guess.

heury:
Znirk's flip has made me take a closer look at heury. Don't love a lot of his content. A bit defensive to start, and makes a lot of these sort of one-off snipe comments that aren't really followed up on
Actually makes me worry about Laserguy a little already, like he is preparing an opening for a future possible lynch, which to me feels scummy

This comment is also odd because our first game together we interact a lot, and I was town.
Seems like Znirk has found a player to target and now is trying to create scum reads on them, which to me feels scummy.

Your vote on moody is for your read on what you see as useless content. What is it about your content that makes yours less useless than his?

bessie reads him as possibly having chat, which, well, maybe. Does a bit of role fishing on Peaceful Whale. Disappears for the last half or so of D1, shows up very late in the day, right after plytho starts begging for an alternate lynch with a vote for plytho to put that out of reach. Reads list here looks very mushy... there isn't really any good justification for the plytho vote, which makes it look very scummy to me. In D2, he's been around, but isn't answering questions. FWIW, also Town!Znirk's scummiest read.

Lots of scummy content, very little that looks townie.

Peaceful Whale:
Posting on the whole tends to point newbie town. There's a few red flags, like this post, where he asserts quite strongly that there are two more scum without really working through the details. Townie.

moody:

So little content it's hard for me to really say much about his reads. Is he voting Znirk over the "no lynch" thing? Or some other reason? Reviews flicky and heury and ultimately decides against voting for either in favor of plytho. Scum points if either flips scum. Has a few one-line posts in D2 that haven't really added anything to the discussion beyond a vote for heury. Feels scummy.

Sabrar:

In light of plytho's flip, I am leaning more toward Sabrar being town. I had figured Sabrar was working to try to deflect attention from scum!plytho, and read a lot of his case on me in that light. Lacking that, I think his tunneling on me is misguided, but I've seen him do this as town before (eg. GoP in Shakespeare). He's wrong, but I don't think he's wrong in a way that's inordinately scummy. Other than his case on me, most of his content looks pretty solid. Giving him a town lean.

Town
LaserGuy
Peaceful Whale
Sabrar
flicky
bessie
moody
heury
Scum

Vote heury

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:00 pm UTC

Thank you Heuristically_Alone, I've read the post. It was very minimal and fairly irrelevant.

Still don't use it as part of in game discussion. Thank you.

PW is already aware of his shame. I expect that is punishment enough.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:02 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Peacful whale - scum partner most likely to be flicky due to some bussy nature d1. Newbies I feel tend to bus a lot I feel and had put flicky as top scum read.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:10 pm UTC

LaserGuy's posts

Spoiler:
D1
post 1: 2nd joke vote on heury. says jester is a lose-lose.

personally, I think jester is an anti-town role, so his second point about losing a player is no great loss.

post 2: comments on heury being at L-2 with joke votes by saying scum would thereby out themselves. (agree with this)
post 3: compact reads with no one listed as really scummy, points out heury as odd. points out 3 scum setup would be "harsh" (something else I agree with
post 4: response to heury not reacting to joke votes, applauds him for some content.
post 5: responses to PW stuff
post 6: pokes PW about his Sabrar read
post 7: discusses Sabrar read with PW
post 8: previous game discussion with bessie
post 9: some responses to people.
post 10: Znirk not completely inactive
post 11: full reads list with heury and PW as most townie looking (but just barely) with flicky scummiest concluding with a vote on him.

LaserGuy's reads look a lot more suspicious leaning than I'm used to. Might just be indicative of careful town.

post 12: accuses heury of role fishing on the "apple" incident
post 13: fluff
post 14: responses to Sabrar's case on him. Apparently he's in the same situation meta-wise as freezeblade was for a while, and his point on vigging the Jester I find debatable. unvotes flicky
post 15: semi-fluff with a more definite town read of bessie
post 16: continuing the discussion with Sabrar: vigging the jester based on several conditionals, Sabrar overreacting to LaserGuy "attacking" plytho, Sabrar's improved opinion of flicky.
post 17: response to plytho's opinion of bessie.
post 18: detailed reads list. puts bessie and PW as town, puts plytho as most scummy (which turned out to be right) with a lot of scum leaners. votes plytho
post 19: defends town read on bessie. detailed case for a connection between Sabrar and plytho

Since we know that scum and the recruit didn't know who eachother were, this is not in and of itself evidence against Sabrar.

post 20: responses to Sabrar attacking the case in post 19.
post 21: responses to plytho.
post 22: reminded of a post similar to one quoted from bessie
post 23: to PW about nightless

D2
post 24: revised setup spec in light of recruit flip
post 25: further setup spec
post 26: mod questions
post 27: more interested in PW
post 28: comparison to previous game about mafia recruit
post 29: satisfied with Sabrar's apple response
post 30: response to Sabrar on his comment about town claiming just before being lynched.
post 31: further response on the role-fishing during the 'apple" incident. LaserGuy's way of putting it looks reasonable
post 32: poking heury about not responding to questions from Znirk
post 33: more education for PW
post 34: more poking of heury
post 35: questioning bessie about her read of heury
post 36: PS to post 35.
post 37: more responses to bessie and heury
post 38&39: fluff
post 40: response to bessie. town to scum list with PW and Sabrar on top, huery on the bottom for what he's said and me for what I haven't
post 41: change in opinion on Sabrar based off plytho flip

Has interactions with the full range of players. While reading through the whole Sabrar-LaserGuy debates, I was 30-50% sure one of them was scum, more likely that they're both town (heaven help us if that was a setup and they're both scum, but I figure that at 5% at most). Conclusion: likely town

town
bessie
Sabrar
LaserGuy
Peaceful Whale
flicky1991
heury
scum

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:25 pm UTC

@Sabrar,

Suppose I'm lynched tonight and flip town (and you survive the night). Who do you think would then be scum?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:33 pm UTC

So that's why plytho was tunneling on Bessie so hard, I thought he was trying to get her lynched, and then backed off becuase he realized t made him look scummy.

What does bussing mean? I can't find it it the Begginer's guide.
Spoiler:

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:39 pm UTC

Bussing is when scum call each other scummy, or even for vote each other.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:41 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:So that's why plytho was tunneling on Bessie so hard, I thought he was trying to get her lynched, and then backed off becuase he realized t made him look scummy.

What does bussing mean? I can't find it it the Begginer's guide.

"throw someone under the bus." When it's obvious to scum A that scum B is about to get lynched, scum A may build a case against and even vote for scum B in order to get townie cred.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:01 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:@Sabrar,

Suppose I'm lynched tonight and flip town (and you survive the night). Who do you think would then be scum?

Do you think whether or not he survives the night will change his answer?
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:13 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:

Do you think whether or not he survives the night will change his answer?

I expect it would, yes.

Are you going to answer these?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:41 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:I think znirk misunderstood me. I never said backing off was an indication of being scummy. What I meant was i feel mafia tend to act more open minded than town while town tend to find their preferred scum lynch and stick to it.

I think the problem that Znirk identified is that you were reading him as scummy for doing the thing that you say you expect townies to do--finding a read and sticking to it.

heuristically_alone wrote:Znirk- has active lurked most of the game (not that I am one to talk) didnt like the feel of fabrication from some of his reads

What about Znirk's reads did you feel was fabricated?

heuristically_alone wrote:Plytho- biggest scum read. Has felt like he has been trying too hard to appear as town to replicate his last astounding scum game

Could you explain what you mean by this? Are you saying that you were reading plytho as super townie, and therefore scummy?

Fabricated wasn't quite the right word. More like he was just sheeping other players' reads. Ironically his only original read was on me.

It felt like he was trying to replicate his "look at me I'm town" but it came across as less townie looking this game.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:48 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:No one answered flickers question here...
Sabrar answered it in the next post.

heuristically_alone wrote:Flicky - Seems to be staying further back from Sabrar this game. In earlier games, I recall there being a little more interaction with Sabrar in earlier games.
Not sure what point you're trying to make with this.

D2 READS

Sabrar - Lots of relevant questions about how the recruits work. Typical Sabrar behaviour. Looking fairly townie.
moody7277 - Just as little content as before. Scummy.
Peaceful Whale - No change from D1, still playing the same. Townie.
Heuristically_alone - No change from D1, still playing the same. Townie.
LaserGuy - I keep saying I need to review LaserGuy's scum games and not getting around to it. LG is looking a bit less townie now. But I don't know how much I'm being influenced by Sabrar's consistent scum read of LG. Neutral.
bessie - Lots of discussion. Now that there's no focus on arguing with plytho, her content is looking better. Quite townie.

TOWN
Peaceful Whale
Heuristically_alone
Sabrar
bessie
LaserGuy
moody7277
SCUM

Due to concerns about whether I'll get another chance for a proper read-through before D2 end, I'll put a vote in now:

Vote: moody7277

but this is subject to change. If moody7277 is scum I wouldn't be surprised if it's a moody/LG team going on my reads alone. There are some players moody has offered zero opinions on since his original read list so it's hard to summarise his connections, but his later "do not lynch" list was Sabrar/bessie/Whale... distancing from heury?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:14 pm UTC

moody + X, where X changes constantly depending on which of my reads I'm trusting most.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:19 pm UTC

Does anyone else think flickies read on huery is maybe too townie? She put him above Bessie... if he flips scum... that would look bad for flicky wouldn't it? Or would scum be trying to distance themselves at this point?
Spoiler:

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:29 pm UTC

I don't think her read on me is too townie :P

I'm reading all Bessie, Sabrar, and Peaceful Whale as townie (most townie from least townie in that order. Peacefule Whale possible indie).

The leaves Laserguy and moody as scumteam. I don't really have that strong a scum read on moody, but not a town read either. The question is out of moody and laserguy (and me I suppose), which town flip after the lynch would give us the most helpful information? I'm thinking we wouldn't get too much from the moody town flip.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:32 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:I don't think her read on me is too townie :P

I'm reading all Bessie, Sabrar, and Peaceful Whale as townie (most townie from least townie in that order. Peacefule Whale possible indie).

The leaves Laserguy and moody as scumteam. I don't really have that strong a scum read on moody, but not a town read either. The question is out of moody and laserguy (and me I suppose), which town flip after the lynch would give us the most helpful information? I'm thinking we wouldn't get too much from the moody town flip.

What about flicky?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:58 pm UTC

Well that's embarrassing.

At first I was reading flicky on the slight scummy side during d1, but now it is it is a slight town lean, but close to neutral. I could see flicky being mates with either laserguy or moody. I think we might get more from a flicky town flip than moody town flip. I still like the laserguy lynch the best.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:05 pm UTC

- Bit late I know but huge townie points to Znirk for the Galaxy Quest reference. You shall be avenged. :)
- I'm pretty sure that scum was recruit-hunting and not killing Znirk because of his reads (semi-lurkers are usually not the ones driving the lynch). Another scum-point to LaserGuy for that.
- In Shakespeare I became convinced BoomFrog was Town when so many of his thoughts aligned with mine. This time it's bessie who focuses on all the right points about the vote analysis/NK/setup speculation and does not spend too much time/content on dead-ends.
- When I find something weird with Peaceful Whale's content I always think of this and look away. I'm aware that at some point I need to stop doing it but not right now.
- I will finally reread heury.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:37 pm UTC

Why do oh look at that? Becuase I was so obviously misunderstanding the entire game and was a noobie? :cry: That's pretty mean Sabar.

But that's not it right?

I'm thinking flicky may have huery so up on the town list becuase he knows something... could he be a role detector or something? And does he know huery is town/power role? I don't know why else Huery would be above Bessie, (and maybe Sabar) Flicky is obviously right about Peaceful Whale though. :D
Spoiler:

Return to “Mafia”