Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Peaceful Whale

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D3 - Salt and Sugar Preserve Us

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:16 pm UTC

So, what do we do? Hope?
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:26 pm UTC

Well, apparently I got hit with some chile action last "night" as I was roleblocked and the endorphins have left me temporary lovers with heury (either random or someone with a twisted sense of humor). Not sure if it was a good guy or bad guy since some people were seeing me as scummy and might have wanted to keep me from "mischief".
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:36 pm UTC

Wait, what? Chile pepper? Endomorphins? What do you mean in love with heury? Do you try to save him now or something? Can you kill him? What happens?! YOU ARE THE ONLY POSTER SO FAR! TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED! :evil:

I'm kinda worried about this, it's too easy for scum to win, we need to get this lynch right.
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:54 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Wait, what? Chile pepper? Endomorphins?

Basing the identification of what happened off the flavor from the associated PM and my knowledge of what capsaicin does.

What do you mean in love with heury? Do you try to save him now or something? Can you kill him? What happens?!

No kill, but if huery dies anytime between now and the start of D4, I go too, and vice versa.

YOU ARE THE ONLY POSTER SO FAR!

Yeah, funny about that. Must be being Friday night. And for future reference, your hammer of LaserGuy looked scummy as hell.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:28 am UTC

I know, I thought he was scum, but I was wrong. When I realized I had hammered him it was too late. I didn't really want to be that guy. It doesn't matter really now, it's too late to change anything.

So if we kill huery we get to kill you too? One free kill!!! Does anyone think they're both scum? That would be sweet if they are. Two birds, one stone.

Can the person who made you love huery choose who you fall in love with? If they can I would bet one or the other is town. Maybe to make people think a little bit more before lynching either of them, is it worth killing a townie to get scum? If we knew one of them were townie maybe.

I think our only chance is to get lucky with tonight's lynch and hopefully kill scum. Whatever happened last night hopefully happens again. That way scum can't jump a vote.
Spoiler:

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:44 am UTC

Speaking of low activity, I'm going to be traveling Friday to Tuesday so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to check the game. If there are important questions that go unanswered then I will extend the day but I expect that won't be necessary.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:48 am UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:Possible reasons that there was no kill:

1. Scum withheld kill
2. A second bullet proof player
3. Doctor save
4. Backup bullet proof?

5. Mafia submitted kill on LaserGuy and were too late to change it?--jossed

6. Whatever happened to me was in lieu of their kill?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:10 am UTC

I can confirm that Moody and I are lovers until d4. Quite the suprise to receive that notification. I'm assuming that that player probably finds me and moody the most scummy and is planning on getting us both killed today.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:16 am UTC

I feel like that's something Sabar would do. So, I'm guessing that moody won't vote for huery and vice versa, as it would probably mean their deaths. Can we have a compromise and you two just vote for yourselves? :lol:

Jokes aside, is town!moody willing to kill himself to kill scum!huery? Or the other way around?

(Why do people do this?
(__status__)!(__player__)
Spoiler:

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:19 am UTC

Edit: that player = whoever targeted moody and I.

I am pretty confident that moody is one of the mafia, but in interest of saving me I maybe better to find scum partner. I understand though in MYLO that letting us both die is the better chance of killing scum and then start d4 with likely 3 players, making it more likely to find scum.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:53 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Possible reasons that there was no kill:

1. Scum withheld kill
2. A second bullet proof player
3. Doctor save
4. Backup bullet proof?

@MOD If there were some sort of universal back up for bullet proof and they were targeted with night kill, following laserguy's lynch, would the back up role immediately begin and therefore save them from the lynch?

The first 2 seem rather unlikely
Heury, interesting to see you as the first poster. And you’re posting without being prodded. And you have a question for the mod. And it’s about game mechanics. I think the last time I saw you ask the mod a question like this was in X-Men when your night results were in conflict with another claim. So what’s up? Night results not what you expected? Are you trying to figure out what happened to your night action?

Sabrar wrote:- Backup bulletproof is unlikely as they probably would have inherited Cop.
- Second bulletproof also unlikely.
- Scum withholding is not going to happen.
- Town could have Jailer instead of Doctor (theoretically Roleblocker is also possible but unlikely).
- There could have been a second Recruit (I doubt it).
Perhaps we have a Super Backup.

Peaceful Whale wrote: YOU ARE THE ONLY POSTER SO FAR! TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED! :evil:
Can you explain what you mean here?

moody, that's an interesting claim. I need to think about it a little.

moody7277 wrote: And for future reference, your hammer of LaserGuy looked scummy as hell.
+1, etc.

heuristically_alone wrote:I am pretty confident that moody is one of the mafia, but in interest of saving me I maybe better to find scum partner. I understand though in MYLO that letting us both die is the better chance of killing scum and then start d4 with likely 3 players, making it more likely to find scum.
I am pretty confident that at least one of you is town. If there are two remaining scum, I don't see how this would balance if you are both town. I need to think about the setup a little.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:03 am UTC

I've never posted because I was being prodded. I was just so busy that I didn't get a chance to post until others were asking me to. Mere coincidence. And now I have more free time and happened to have time to think about things at start of the day before others can ask the questions. Also I didn't use an action last night.

"One of you is town"
it is unclear who you are referring to.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:54 am UTC

Seeing that this is endgame I support a full-claim today as that could clarify up a lot of things, potentially giving us multiple confirmed townies. The downside of course is the usual giving scum info, however with only 1 night left (most likely) I don't think it matters too much.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:23 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:"One of you is town"
it is unclear who you are referring to.
You are interpreting my statement as “bessie is confident that [heury, moody] is town”. Maybe I meant that one of you had to be town because I don’t believe that there’s room in the setup for both of you could be scum.

Either way, I am confident that at least one of you is town, so if we have two remaining scum, we should look elsewhere for today’s lynch target.

Sabrar wrote:Seeing that this is endgame I support a full-claim today as that could clarify up a lot of things, potentially giving us multiple confirmed townies. The downside of course is the usual giving scum info, however with only 1 night left (most likely) I don't think it matters too much.
I'm thinking about this, trying to figure out if town will benefit more than scum. I think what will happen with a full claim is that we will probably narrow it down to two lynch candidates, and it will be a coin toss anyway unless we continue scumhunting today.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:04 am UTC

- I think a coin-toss is still better than nothing.
- I didn't advocate stopping the scum-hunt. The two can be done side-by-side.

PS: if we narrow it down to two candidates wouldn't that mean that we found the 2 scum? :D

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:- I think a coin-toss is still better than nothing.
- I didn't advocate stopping the scum-hunt. The two can be done side-by-side.

PS: if we narrow it down to two candidates wouldn't that mean that we found the 2 scum? :D
No. Because we will have one possible candidate in [heury, moody] and one possible candidate in another group. Oh hell, you want me to just claim first? I think you know my role.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:16 am UTC

I'd prefer an order of moody, heury, Whale, flicky, yourself, me. But I'm interested in your claim if you think it doesn't matter when you do it.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:18 am UTC

BTW, Peaceful Whale's two posts at the top of this page are so different in style, I'm tempted to read him scum just for that.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:27 am UTC

I'm good with you determining the order (even if I don't agree with it), and with you going last. If it makes any difference to your plan, I have two results.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:37 am UTC

Now I know what your claimed role will be and it surprises me quite a bit, though on some level it makes sense.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:03 am UTC

My first posts are like that becuase it had been a while since the new day started, huery and then moody were the first to post. And then moody says something about being in love with huery... I was pretty confused at that point. However thanks to Bessie and Sabar we now have a plan..
I'm pretty sure that's what it is. So, why do I have to wait to do a role claim? Is it to put pressure on huery and moody? Becuase we can lynch huery/moody wouldn't that be the best way? Unless moody/huery has a power role or we're pretty sure one of them is town...
Spoiler:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:29 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:So, why do I have to wait to do a role claim?

Scum needs to claim something and if they don't know what roles are already in play this becomes much harder for them. Say for example that scum claims Backup. If there is a true Backup then this will immediately out them as 2 Backups don't really work mechanically. However if town!Backup already claimed then obviously scum won't false-claim it. Therefore the idea is that we force the scummiest looking players to claim first.

@bessie: please modify the order by putting either heury or moody before yourself.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:52 am UTC

So, if I went first and I claimed _____, X could say, "hey, I'm _____", and then I'd look scummy. Right?
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:57 am UTC

And we'd be able to guess that one of those people was scum.
Spoiler:

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:10 pm UTC

I am fine with a full-claim.

Peaceful Whale wrote:So, if I went first and I claimed _____, X could say, "hey, I'm _____", and then I'd look scummy. Right?
There's that, and there's also the possibility that someone will claim something that's inconsistent with what someone else claims - e.g. one person says "I have this ability and used it on player X on night 1 and player Y on night 2", then someone else says "I'm a watcher and I watched player Y on night 2 so I know no-one used anything on them".
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:26 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I'd prefer an order of moody, heury, Whale, flicky, yourself, me. But I'm interested in your claim if you think it doesn't matter when you do it.

You got it. I'm Saran Wrap. I had a one-shot multi-person protection ability that I tried to use N2 on Sabrar, bessie, PW, and myself. It came with the caveat that if scum were on the list, it wouldn't work. Being roleblocked meant it was spent for naught.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:43 pm UTC

I am pudding. Vanilla towie. I have no night action, and the only night action that has been taken place on me is last night's that made me lovers with Moody.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:06 pm UTC

Rennet all my apple mentions? That was me trying to breadcrumb my role. I remember reading it from somewhere and thought, "hey cool, maybe I should try to tell everyone I'm apple, but subtle so scum doesn't realize"
As apple I can heal one person every night. I can't target myself and can't target the same person two nights in a row. My target doesn't know that I saved them. If you want I can tell you who I saved. I was not the cause of no lynch N2.
Spoiler:

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:13 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I was not the cause of no lynch N2.
"No kill", you mean, not "no lynch".

I am rice, each day I can make two people lovers for a day. I've been giving conditions based on who is lynched, but D1 my condition for a plytho lynch involved Znirk so it didn't take effect. D2 I made moody and heury lovers in the case where LaserGuy was lynched (LaserGuy and moody were my first choice).

moody, why did you think the lovers effect was connected to chilli?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
----

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:15 pm UTC

@Peaceful Whale: is there a flavor justification on why the apple can save others? Also, how can be sure that you weren't the cause of the no-kill during the night?

Ninja'd: first question to flicky as well.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:17 pm UTC

EBWOP

@flicky: does your ability roleblock?

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:18 pm UTC

Rice is used in weddings, so I wed two people each day.

Sabrar wrote:@flicky: does your ability roleblock?
No.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
----

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:18 pm UTC

Does scum with flicky's ability seem too strong for a 3/6 setup?
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:23 pm UTC

@sabar, an apple a day keeps the doctor away! :mrgreen:

I like huery's it's VANNILLA pudding!!!!! Get it? That's why he's a vanilla role.

(If I sound like a kid it's becuase I'm 13 :P)
Spoiler:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:33 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Does scum with flicky's ability seem too strong for a 3/6 setup?
Absolutely.

@Peaceful Whale: thanks, I was aware of that saying. Could you also please answer the second question?

@moody: why do you think you were notified of being roleblocked? Such roles usually don't receive this feedback.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:43 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@moody: why do you think you were notified of being roleblocked? Such roles usually don't receive this feedback.

Mod decision? I had a notice that if the power didn't work I wouldn't be notified and thus was kind of surprised by the flavor text I got with the whole chile thing. My guess is that if someone on my protect list had been killed because someone else was scum, I wouldn't have been told.

flicky1991 wrote:moody, why did you think the lovers effect was connected to chilli?

It's how capsaicin works. You get a burning, painful sensation when you eat them, which causes your brain to order up endorphins that make you feel ecstatic.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:48 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:moody, why did you think the lovers effect was connected to chilli?

It's how capsaicin works. You get a burning, painful sensation when you eat them, which causes your brain to order up endorphins that make you feel ecstatic.
That's not what I meant. You wouldn't have said the ability was to do with chilli if there wasn't something that indicated that in the notification.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
----

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:09 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
moody7277 wrote:

That's not what I meant. You wouldn't have said the ability was to do with chilli if there wasn't something that indicated that in the notification.

"Chile" was my inference/guess based off the flavor text in the notification and my culinary knowledge.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:22 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Now I know what your claimed role will be and it surprises me quite a bit, though on some level it makes sense.
I am interested in knowing what did you thought my role was. I've been leaving you hints since D2.

I am soup. I gain the powers of the dead. I received Znirk’s result when I received his power. Sabrar is town. Last night I got a town result on moody.

I was the night kill target.

moody7277 wrote:You got it. I'm Saran Wrap. I had a one-shot multi-person protection ability that I tried to use N2 on Sabrar, bessie, PW, and myself. It came with the caveat that if scum were on the list, it wouldn't work. Being roleblocked meant it was spent for naught.
Are you sure you were roleblocked? Maybe it just didn't work because there is scum on that list.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:33 pm UTC

@bessie: after you said you had 2 results I knew you'd claim Super Backup. I haven't looked at breadcrumbs earlier.

I'm vanilla yogurt, VT.

Lots of analysis later when I'm at a computer, I have 12% of a plan.

@flicky: can you target yourself?

@Peaceful Whale: who did you target N2?

@bessie: why are you sure there's no GF?

Return to “Mafia”