Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Evil George Washington

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:24 am UTC

Please answer questions addressed to you. I have some for you, and Znirk had also asked you a question.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:31 am UTC

I never make long posts from phone. I'll be at work an hour from now, I'll answer then.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:35 am UTC

I really want to hug Sabrar's ava.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:36 am UTC

I do not approve of your avatar Zen.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:42 am UTC

Lots of fun stuff going on. I just started a new job this week so I'm a bit busy but I'll catch up soon. I haven't even read the last few posts above this one.

@Sabrar: It's too early to be clarifying things. That's not how we catch scum.

@Moody: :D

vote Peaceful Whale
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:48 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@Sabrar: It's too early to be clarifying things. That's not how we catch scum.

While there's merit in this, clarifying things also allows us not to get sidetracked because of difference in meta and focus on the correctTM way of scum-hunting.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:58 am UTC

I'm going to sleep. I usually work 4-10pm weekdays and 12-6 weekends est. I hope to see answers from Sabrar, good night.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:25 am UTC

Gamma Emerald wrote:@Zyth: I think his main issue is being called scum not being scumread. He just used bad wording.

Please don't tell me you rolled scum.
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:
Bark bark?

Is whale playing up his posts?
Woof! sniff sniff Woof!

Peaceful Whale wrote:
What's with the woofs and barks?
It's doggo. I took a bit in high school, but I'm not completely fluent. It's a tonal language so words can mean different things depending on how you say them. For example, "Woof!" means "yes", but "Woof!" means "no".

Sabrar wrote:Unvote

Should be in bed. :(
Are all DGamers on US time? That would suck.

I'm glad we likely have no Jesters, otherwise Zen would be a prime suspect. More in the morning.
You think I'm scummy but not scum? This is worse than what I was getting on h_a about. It's weird that you find me scummy, but that it doesn't allude to me being mafia.
Maven89 wrote:1. No one but Zynth would say Zynth was the best Dgamer
Uh, at least 5 different people have stated otherwise. Yea maybe 4 of those were my alt accounts, but my mom said so and that's what counts.

((alt accounts, that's what counts. #bars))
bessie wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Hi guys, as YOLO stated, my name is Zen. It will just be easier if you refer to me as Zyth though. When I tried making an account it kept saying that I was a spammer >_>. Anyways, I'm Dgames' best player. I've won 90% of the games that I've been town and I usually have most of the scum team pinned down by the end of D1, usually within their first few posts. (For example, Peaceful Whale is scum). At my worst, though it can take up through Day 2.
Hi Zyth (Zen)! There have been some issues with new user registrations since July. You also need to make five approved posts before you can post links, which may be why your posts were flagged as spam (posts in certain subforms, like the mafia subforum, do not increase your post count). Try making five posts in this thread. If that doesn’t work, and if you like our community and decide to stick around, I’m sure the forum moderators can help you get your account cleared so that you can post as the username of your choice.
Thanks! I think it might have been because I was using a really obscure email address. In the future I'll try again with a gmail address.
Thanks for pointing out your town win rate. So what’s your win percentage as scum? Or was the purpose of that post just to declare your townines?
It was to declare that scum should be afraid of me and that town will win this game.
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Scum can't be misguided because they'd know you aren't scum. Pretty straight forward.
Why? We could have two scum teams.
Fair enough.
Evil George Washington wrote:I do not approve of your avatar Zen.
Not mine, but I dig it. Nice posts btw. Except for the no-walls nonsense. Let's be town bros.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:40 am UTC

Znirk wrote:-> Sabrara and Gamma Emerald: You guys seem to have history with Frozen Flame?
My only 'history' with him is me modding Dark Tower.

Regarding my mechanical vote for FrozenFlame: I'm waiting a bit to see if anyone else wants to have a guess, otherwise I'll explain it tonight. It relates to a low-probability scenario anyway.

FrozenFlame wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Time for a reads list!!! :P

Town:
PW

Not-So-Sure:
Everyone else

Now this is scummy.

:slow nod in agreement:

@FrozenFlame: what was your reason in agreeing with me? It must differ from mine.

Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar mentions that Peace Whale's reads list is scummy, but he doesn't vote him.
There are some players who vote often to apply pressure and consider it part of their tactic. There are a lot of players who don't do this (at least on this site). I'm in the latter group. I'm not going to place a serious vote 3 hours into D1.
Evil George Washington wrote:He asks Zen a question about his vote on Peace Whale, but he never follows up.
Untrue. My unvote was my follow-up. To explain the usual convention on this forum: once there is a single serious vote on anyone then the RVS (random voting stage) is considered to be over and it is customary to remove any joke-votes still in place.
Evil George Washington wrote:He doesn't care to actually find scum, nor does he care about what Zen's answer to his question would be.
And you're basing this on what exactly?

#HBC | Zyth wrote:You think I'm scummy but not scum?
Exactly, that's what Jester looks like in my opinion (though I have been wrong about this a couple of times in the past)

As all the cool kids are doing it, here's my usual IRL schedule (all times in UTC+2):
Spoiler:
Sleep: 12am-5.30am
Work: 8.30am-6pm
Evening free time: 9pm-12am
In the morning I'm checking the thread on phone. Also I have imsomnia so you might catch me in the middle of the night but no promises there.
Weekends are unpredictable, I'm generally free in the evening though.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:18 am UTC

I guess I'm late to the game. But not as late as Dark Horse, jimbob and Madge.

This is my 5th game of mafia, I've only played here.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:D1 Begins! D1 ends Wednesday, September 13 at 11:59:59 PM!

Could you provide a deadline clock?

It looks like deadlines will be terrible for me, count on me not being around for the final 6 hours.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:52 am UTC

Quick check-in: I missed the day start before I went to bed last night, so sorry for the delay. My usual posting times vary from game to game, but I am on UK time (currently UTC+1), tend to post mostly from phone on the bus to or from work, with brief posts at work when my code's compiling, and sometimes a larger post in the evening. D1 for me this game is going to be pretty light - I have family visiting and will be away at the weekend and at deadline.

I'm not going to attempt to do any setup speculation in this big a game with an unfamiliar mod. The only thing I would have said was no survivors pr similar, based purely on what some have said before in Dark Tower (I think), which FrozenFlame has confirmed already. I'm assuming two scum teams, but one might just be a Serial Killer or similar.

Scattered brief thoughts, based on a skim read, because I should be working: PeacefulWhale looks more like his second (i.e. scum) game than his first (i.e. town) game currently, but I want to see more before I definitively label him one way or the other. Red Ryu looks like they're not putting much effort in. Not sure what to make with Zyth's assertions about being so good - not sure I get the points he's making about PeacfulWhale or heuristically_alone, but I don't have time to look more thoroughly into them.

@Maven89 - why is bus driver not a pro-town role? (No time to look up the role, but I vaguely recall it as being perfectly reasonable to have as town).

No more time. Will try to find some time at lunch to post more reactions.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:53 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Please answer questions addressed to you. I have some for you
I could only find the one (relating to my vote on FrozenFlame). Could you point out the rest?

moody7277 wrote:Him declining to use it N0 gives him some townie points.
Why do you automatically believe mpolo when he says he didn't use his power N0?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:56 am UTC

Mpolo’s claim is weird. I think it makes more sense for town to claim than for scum though.

Gamma Emerald wrote:Also mpolo's role sound Nexus/Mass Redirector-y. Maybe a decent lynch?
Gamma Emerald wrote:@moody: it's more "this is a safe lynch if we need one", as it's not a super-vital role, like Cop.
I don’t understand what you mean by ‘safe lynch’, could you explain?

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Is whale playing up his posts?
What do you mean? I don't understand the expression.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:
It's doggo. I took a bit in high school, but I'm not completely fluent. It's a tonal language so words can mean different things depending on how you say them. For example, "Woof!" means "yes", but "Woof!" means "no".
As per fundamental rule 8 “you must post in English when typing a post” :wink:

I'm not getting any strong scum vibes from anyone for now.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:51 am UTC

Spak wrote:Now back to Data Structures and Algorithms lol.
A man after my own heart! Could you however participate more in the discussion instead of just providing an introduction?

Maven89 wrote:3. It's probably useless to try and guess the setup beyond something basic until more roles are revealed, and even then it'd be difficult. We normally frown on it.
Why? It occasionally helps with catching scum when they reveal too much info.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
bessie wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Scum can't be misguided because they'd know you aren't scum. Pretty straight forward.
Why? We could have two scum teams.
Fair enough.
@DGamers: how often do you have 2 scum-teams? Is it reasonable for Zen to forget this?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:33 pm UTC

Skim read author-by-author on my lunch break:
bessie - her one post is pretty standard bessie style. I like what she point out about Zyth (pointing out own townieness, assuming one scum team), and to a lesser extent about PeacefulWhale (repeatedly emphasising his newbie status, similar to his previous game where he was scum).
BoomFrog - nothing worth commenting on at this stage.
Evil George Washington - didn't like his complaint about wall posts, but then his subsequent quick-fire multi-posts (which I don't like personally). I think his pressure on Sabrar is not reasonable, particularly the lack of vote part, given how early in the Day it is.
FrozenFlame - Useful setup background, and his reaction to Zyth's comment suggests not to take Zyth's claim seriously. Nothing else stands out, apart from the below question.
@FrozenFlame, Sabrar - Why was PeacefulWhale's reads list scummy?
Gamma Emerald - suggests mpolo to be a safe lynch. Seems a bit random a comment, if I'm honest. Not sure, but perhaps trying to plant an idea in town's mind, that we should lynch him, but without pushing too much?
#HBC | Red Ryu - Several questions, nothing else apart from a PeacefulWhale vote.
@Red Ryu - is your vote a joke vote, or is there some reasoning behind it? If the latter, care to explain what you find suspicious about him?
#HBC | Zyth - As noted above, I like what bessie and others(?) have said about his opening post basically trying to announce he is town, but without explicitly saying it. Semi-subtle manipulation attempt? He also seems to be jumping on minor bits of terminology and blowing them out of proportion (see heuristically_alone initial vote reasoning).

Lunch time's up, and still too many people to go through. *Sigh*.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:42 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@FrozenFlame, Sabrar - Why was PeacefulWhale's reads list scummy?
I've linked to it here. He did exactly the same thing as scum in Fridge Mafia.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:45 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@FrozenFlame, Sabrar - Why was PeacefulWhale's reads list scummy?
I've linked to it here. He did exactly the same thing as scum in Fridge Mafia.
Do you seriously think that looks scummy?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:56 pm UTC

Yes. With a new player I don't expect a lot of changes overnight in his/her thought patterns so I assume Peaceful Whale's mind was at a similar place as last game when he was scum.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:11 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:

Because there haven't been any signs of power use chaos yet. We got one of those in Scooby mafia, and it actually helped to get a bunch of townies confirmed (although if I remember correctly the redirector himself was independently aligned). Obviously if he did lie about this, I'm going to vote him with extreme prejudice.

Unvote
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:14 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Yes. With a new player I don't expect a lot of changes overnight in his/her thought patterns so I assume Peaceful Whale's mind was at a similar place as last game when he was scum.
I really don't think so. In the last game he was responding to your comments on his reads list and posted an overly simplified list. This time I think he's just jokingly referring to that. The context is very different.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:22 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Because there haven't been any signs of power use chaos yet.
How would you know with no claims? How could anyone tell for example if a Cop investigated someone else than his/her intended target?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:23 pm UTC

plytho wrote:This time I think he's just jokingly referring to that.
Might be. Why would he do that though? What is the purpose behind reminding the others of how your scum-play looked like?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:31 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
How would you know with no claims? How could anyone tell for example if a Cop investigated someone else than his/her intended target?

Well, I guess I'm violating that whole "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" deal.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:43 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Good point :wink: I'm also wondering what 'signs of power use chaos' look like.

Sabrar wrote:
Might be. Why would he do that though? What is the purpose behind reminding the others of how your scum-play looked like?
I don't think there's a big purpose behind it. Just like me replying 'good point' to your previous quote isn't an attempt to signal my scumminess from last game. It's a call back to a joke from last game (allowing bessie to accuse me of active lurking etc.)

I'm not saying I'm convinced PW is town, far from it. Just saying I don't see any evidence in that quote.

What I do find scummy after reading him again is his response to Znirk's question:

Znirk wrote:-> Peaceful Whale: We played together recently. You were scum using your youth and newbitude as a bit of a smokescreen. Now that you can no longer claim to be an utterly confused newbie, what would you say are the most important things you have learned (to do, how to act, what to look out for) over the course of your first couple of games?
Peaceful Whale wrote:I think the most important thing is not looking like scum, it can distract from actual scum hunting, and maybe become a mislynch. Post good read lists (that one was a joke) and be helpful. Try to scum hunt, use your ability wisely.
The bolded (by me) part is the most important for scum, not for town. Town need to find scum and lynch them.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:07 pm UTC

Let me see if I can describe what happened in Scooby mafia consicely.

mpolo had a cop
I had a tracker
Vytron had the redirect

mpolo got a scum result on another player
Vytron said he redirected mpolo from that player to me
I got the result that tracked mpolo to me (the way copping in that game worked meant I was a miller, but I digress)

Now, I know that something like this neat sowing circle is rare. My guess on why we haven't heard any claims is a combo of cagey players plus no interesting results. I figure that Sabrar making sure I'm careful about assumptions is a good idea.

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:49 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:It still was a neutral tell, but now that I see you forcing assumptions onto me, that is a slight scum lean. It's practically putting words in my mouth. And not the yummy sweet kind that tastes of cotton candy.

This is gross af

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Scum can't be misguided because they'd know you aren't scum. Pretty straight forward. I'm not putting words in your mouth, I'm looking at the mindset behind your words, and your post indicated that you were of the mindset that I am town -- something you shouldn't yet have evidence for unless you're scum or peeked me n0.

:thumbswayup:

Gamma Emerald wrote:@Zyth: I think his main issue is being called scum not being scumread. He just used bad wording.

I think you're using bad wording because I have no idea what you're trying to say here. What's the difference between someone "calling you scum" and "scumreading you"? Like what are you actually distinguishing?

moody7277 wrote:vt

Did you just... try to shittily hide a VT claim breadcrumb or something? Or did I miss something?

Peaceful Whale wrote:Well, there's another vote for me. I should just pretend I'm scum, it appears I'm more towny then. :cry:
Peaceful Whale wrote:What does playing up my posts mean.

Not scum, you'll regret lynching me.

Seriously though, I can roleclaim if that helps.

Jfc you are such lynchbait. Jumping immediately to "you'd better not lynch me or else!" and similar emotional appeals kind of reveals you still aren't completely out of newbie class yet. Especially the offer to roleclaim under minimal pressure in a 20 man game lol

This lends credence to Sabrar's argument that your "joke" reads list putting you as town and everyone else as LOLidk is you being noob scum falling into the same comfortable habits.

Maven89 wrote:How this game is going to go now that Dgames is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP9QaXL5fTI

hahahahahahaha if we had more of the old guard in here this would be sooooo on point

Maven89 wrote:Sounds like a bus driver, which is not a pro-town role. I see no strong reason for him to roleclaim this. So please explain why you felt the need to out yourself so early?

Vote: Mpolo

Kind of have to agree here but we are in an OS game and there could certainly be some town utility with a role like that. I agree though the early claim is particularly curious

Evil George Washington wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Now this is scummy.

This is scum. Vote: Sabrar

This is some uncharacteristic early aggression from you Ran. I'm gonna play the you here and ask you to elaborate on this

Sabrar wrote:@FrozenFlame: what was your reason in agreeing with me? It must differ from mine.

Mostly just thought it was lazy "jokey" posturing. More of a noob tell than anything but you linking that behavior to past scum games only bolsters my apprehension here. Like what does he contribute by posting a read list saying lulz I'm town and herpa derpa idk about the rest of you? It seems like he's trying to force some levity or something which makes me think he feels uncomfortable and that he needs to be contributing something, yet doesn't make any attempt to scumhunt in those contributions.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Scattered brief thoughts, based on a skim read, because I should be working: PeacefulWhale looks more like his second (i.e. scum) game than his first (i.e. town) game currently, but I want to see more before I definitively label him one way or the other. Red Ryu looks like they're not putting much effort in. Not sure what to make with Zyth's assertions about being so good - not sure I get the points he's making about PeacfulWhale or heuristically_alone, but I don't have time to look more thoroughly into them.

@Maven89 - why is bus driver not a pro-town role? (No time to look up the role, but I vaguely recall it as being perfectly reasonable to have as town).

No more time. Will try to find some time at lunch to post more reactions.

Are you sure the bolded isn't just you buying some time to see how the group ends up treating PeacefulWhale for that move so that you can posture accordingly and avoid being scrutinized for following the pack? Cause thats how that reads to me

You're right though that busdriver CAN have protown application when used intelligently but generally, disrupting the predictability and certainty of night actions tends to be anti-town since the scum don't generally need to rely upon people actually being able to do what they say they're doing to get ahead. Swapping targets at night has high disinformation potential which makes it a more useful pro-scum power, but again it is certainly not ONLY a pro scum role. Just better suited to it.

Sabrar wrote:

Asking the right questions :thumbswayup:

plytho wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Yes. With a new player I don't expect a lot of changes overnight in his/her thought patterns so I assume Peaceful Whale's mind was at a similar place as last game when he was scum.
I really don't think so. In the last game he was responding to your comments on his reads list and posted an overly simplified list. This time I think he's just jokingly referring to that. The context is very different.

Really agree with Sabrar here. Plytho, on what basis do you think PW was joking here, and more specifically, how did you come to the conclusion that it was a throwback play on his past scum behavior? I feel like PW didn't even think that much about it, as if it WAS a callback surely he would've pointed it out himself. But he didn't and sabrar is the one calling him out on the meta read. So what about this "context" makes things different exactly?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:02 pm UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:Did you just... try to shittily hide a VT claim breadcrumb or something? Or did I miss something?

That was some unfortunate typographical gremlins. I'm sure you saw from the sign-ups there aren't any Vanilla townies.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:16 pm UTC

What a rollercoaster! My vote for Whale was initially to pile on the pressure and I found Sabrar's comment unfounded and scummy, but the link to the past* post was quite convincing. Which means my vote is now quite serious and Sabrar returns to neutral pending PW's flip.

Townie points to Evil George for his reasonable at the time pressure on Sabrar. Townie points to Zyth for recognizing Evil George's towniness.

Scum points to FrozenFlame for agreeing with Sabrar unless I hear a good explination of his logic.

Scum points for Gamma Emerald for pushing a lynch on mpolo for trying to be helpful.

Not mafia points for mpolo for trying to be helpful to town with his claim even if it was tactically a poor choice. Feels a bit Indy though.

Scum points to JimBob for agreeing with all the wrong things. Attacking EGW for his reasonable attack. Attacking Gamma Emerald too weakly (smells like scum fishing for support). And attacking Zyth basically just for scum hunting. After typing all that out I've moved JimBob to second scummiest.

*this is not a bread crumb
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:17 pm UTC

Ninja'd by frozen flame but I've got to start work so I'll read that monster post later.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:19 pm UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:
plytho wrote:

Really agree with Sabrar here. Plytho, on what basis do you think PW was joking here, and more specifically, how did you come to the conclusion that it was a throwback play on his past scum behavior? I feel like PW didn't even think that much about it, as if it WAS a callback surely he would've pointed it out himself. But he didn't and sabrar is the one calling him out on the meta read. So what about this "context" makes things different exactly?

I came to the conclusion that it was a throwback because I remembered it from the last game, I hought it was a funny response then. So when I saw it again here I thought 'joke'. So I don't think he thought much about it either.

This is basically Peaceful Whale's second proper game. In his first game he messed up D1 and was replaced (or modkilled?) in his second game he was scum. Comparing his behaviour now to that scum game and calling out similarities as scum tells doesn't really work without a proper town game to compare it to.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:21 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Not mafia points for mpolo for trying to be helpful to town with his claim even if it was tactically a poor choice. Feels a bit Indy though.
Why do you think mpolo is trying to be helpful with his claim? And why do you think it was tactically a poor choice?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:27 pm UTC

EBWOP: I think I know why it's helpful, but I also think it's not wrong tactically.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:09 pm UTC

Vote Count 1.2
Frozenflame (1): Gamma Emerald
Sabrar (2): SirGabriel, Evil George Washington
heury (1): #HBC | Zyth
Maven89 (1): Spak
Gamma Emerald (1): Frozenflame
Peaceful Whale (2): Red Ryu, BoomFrog
mpolo (1): Maven89

Not Voting (11): heuristically_alone, Peaceful Whale, Bessie, Dark Horse, Znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, plytho, Madge, mpolo, Sabrar, moody7277

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!

Deadline Clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/basketball?iso=20170913T235959&p0=198&msg=D1+End&font=sanserif

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:28 pm UTC

Maven89--one post with some useful tips, votes mpolo based off role.
Red Ryu--votes PW, questions my setup spec and Gamma's joke vote. barky interactions with Zen (likely non sequitur)
Evil George Washington--shady name, small intro then votes Sabrar for his reaction to PW's "reads" list. not sure how I feel about the snap reaction.
Gamma Emerald--joke votes FrozenFlame, several short responses, some tangentially related.
Spak--votes Maven, looks like the same kind of joke votes we do. no other posts
Frozenflame--mod info, counter votes Gamma Emerald, pro Sabrar on the PW "reads" list, wide range of interactions.
heuristically_alone--had one kind of scummy phrase end of his first post. blames Zyth's scum read on meta.
BoomFrog--post awarding points seems an interesting variant of reads, mostly in a negative direction
Sabrar--joke votes FrozenFlame, small defense of PW regarding Zyth's read, sarcastic remark on PW's "reads" list, response to EGW's vote based off said remark, bit of a debate with me over mpolo's claim in which he takes the more cautious position.
Peaceful Whale--playing a bit goofy, had the ridiculous "reads" list, a bit dismissive of the reads against him. offers to roleclaim in his most recent post. A bit faint yet, but I'm not sure I like what I see.
Bessie--one post covering a lot of ground. no issues with her so far
Dark Horse--no posts
Znirk--nice question list so far, nothing since
jimbobmacdoodle--some reads, PW looks scummy, doesn't like Zyth.
plytho--a bit fluffy to start, some responses, claim not to get scum vibes is a little twitchy, defends lack of read on PW, some more responses.
Madge--no posts
SirGabriel--joke votes Sabrar, gets a SDK-like read off of Zyth's early posting (so glad I'm not alone on that), no result from N0.
mpolo--claim redirector power, didn't use N0, and that's it.
Zyth--claims ultra-accurate scumdar. votes PW, then heury. taking most pessimistic view of any of heury's responses.

One cultural difference I notice with the Smashboards players is their more shoot from the hip style.

town leaning:
bessie, BoomFrog, FrozenFlame, Gamma Emerald (slightly), Sabrar

neutral:
EGW, Red Ryu, mpolo (barely above insufficient data), SirG (barely above insufficient data), Znirk (barely above insufficient data)

scummy:
heury (slightly), PW (slightly), plytho (very slightly)

insufficient data:
Madge, Dark Horse, Zyth*, jimbob, Maven, Spak

*put her here because I'm getting a SDK-like vibe of Zyth, and I suck at reading SDK.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:Please answer questions addressed to you. I have some for you
I could only find the one (relating to my vote on FrozenFlame). Could you point out the rest?

I meant in the same post. I usually ask multiple questions in one post. You already answered them, thanks.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:52 pm UTC

Sabrar: I was basing the third sentence on my two points I already gave. You mention the list is scummy but you don't really do anything about it. When you unvoted, was that still 3 hours in to the game? If you don't vote, what do you do? What have you done that is hunting for scum? How is your unvote a follow-up to Zen's response to you? What did you glean from his answer?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:59 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Not mine, but I dig it. Nice posts btw. Except for the no-walls nonsense. Let's be town bros.

Sure. You can be the Picasso to my George Washington. Home Movies

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:03 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
Why not let heuristically_alone explain his issue himself?

The issue is more of I thought of stating in my initial post to zen that it was kinda scummy, but worried that could make me look scummy, so didn't. And then get told I am scum for assuming he is town. Actually makes me laugh a little.

Bessie wrote:Thanks for pointing out your town win rate. So what’s
your win percentage as scum? Or was the purpose of that post just to declare your townines?

Careful bessie. He might think you are assuming he is town already.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Unvote

Should be in bed. :(
Are all DGamers on US time? That would suck.

I'm glad we likely have no Jesters, otherwise Zen would be a prime suspect. More in the morning.
You think I'm scummy but not scum? This is worse than what I was getting on h_a about. It's weird that you find me scummy, but that it doesn't allude to me being mafia.

Haha are you kidding me? And you call yourself experienced. Town players act scummy all the time. Sometimes on purpose.

Yes but I don't know if you can really count his throw away game as town. Fridge mafia is really is the only way he knows to play, so while his playstyle is the same, I could see him saying similar things as town, so I don't want to jump the gun on him quite yet.

Sabrar wrote:

I see plytho thought the same. Perhaps PW is not yet an experienced enough player to think about why he should post something, so instead just posts. I think it helps to point out that PW is rather young, not even in high school yet.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:04 pm UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:This is some uncharacteristic early aggression from you Ran. I'm gonna play the you here and ask you to elaborate on this

No, this is in character for me. I elaborated in my post after voting. How is this different from how I usually open early game? Funnily enough, I see you being more active then usual. I'm glad to see that.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:09 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:-> Evil George Washington: Please describe in what ways you differ from generic store-brand George Washingtons.

I'm the real deal while they are generic impostors. I really have no other answer. Check out Home Movies: History for my inspiration on choosing this name.

Return to “Mafia”