Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:46 pm UTC

Vote Count 1.3
Frozenflame (1): Gamma Emerald
Sabrar (1): SirGabriel
heury (1): #HBC | Zyth
Maven89 (1): Spak
Gamma Emerald (1): Frozenflame
Peaceful Whale (2): Red Ryu, BoomFrog
mpolo (1): Maven89
Dark Horse (2): Evil George Washington, plytho

Not Voting (10): heuristically_alone, Peaceful Whale, Bessie, Dark Horse, Znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, mpolo, Sabrar, moody7277

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!

Deadline Clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/basketball?iso=20170913T235959&p0=198&msg=D1+End&font=sanserif

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:50 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:"I would like to declare that I withheld N0" would be sufficient to clear up any potential confusion if he died and we started wondering about how he used his power. Therefore he revealed a little too much detail so was slight tactically poor.


Trying to help in case I die.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:16 pm UTC

Got a few minute before going to bed. My thoughts on PeacefulWhale echo plytho's and heuristically_alone's. PW has only had one full game (and was scum), plus one partial game (as town). His play feels a little more like the second game, so would naturally indicate scum on a meta basis, but I'm being cautious about this because with only one game to look at, I cannot say for certain that his play style is definitely his "scum play style" or his "town play style" as opposed to his "how he always plays play style". I could see the similarities to his previous game being because that is how he "always" plays. Hence, I want to see more content from him, so that I can judge him more fully. From my point of view, the thing that bothers me the most about him is that he's spent basically his whole time talking about himself and not about what he thinks about others.

Elsewhere, heuristically_alone's comments about Zyth's/Zen's town claim are also similar to mine. To respond to something Zyth said in response to the concerns - of course everybody claims town automatically. Consequently, there's no need to go out of your way to emphasise it (note that PW is doing the same thing, but across multiple posts, as bessie highlighted). In your case, it was a little more subtle, and although it definitely could be coming from a townie, it could also be an attempt to subtly impress on other players the idea that you are definitely town, if they aren't thinking critically enough.

I've got time for a few more individual reads:
heuristically_alone: As noted already, his thoughts on Zen/Zyth and PW are very similar to my own, so big townie points there. Can't point to anything else specific, but I generally like his tone.
Maven89: Only one post, with nothing much worth commenting on (although see my earlier question directed at him). Actually, never mind, I'm shouting role-fishing here - his question at mpolo assumes a role that mpolo might or might not have based on mpolo's limited claim, then asks for why he claimed that role so early. An obvious response to that would be "I did/did not claim that role - I am more such and such a role" or whatever. Small scum lean as a result.
moody: More active than I think I recall him usually. Not sure what to make of that. Seems a bit preoccupied with mpolo's claim early on, but has at least attempted to get a complete reads list down already, so leaning okay on him now for effort.
PeacefulWhale: See above. Needs to actually look at others and not talk only about himself (shouting "I'm town" all the time does not help even if you are town).

Bed time. I'll try to find some time tomorrow to finish this off, but no promises.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:08 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:"I would like to declare that I withheld N0" would be sufficient to clear up any potential confusion if he died and we started wondering about how he used his power. Therefore he revealed a little too much detail so was slight tactically poor.


Trying to help in case I die.

That's the first time all game I've seen you think like a townie.

I know you don't want to try and scum hunt because you think you're bad at it, but you get good at things by bring bad at them first. So start scum hunting and learn by doing. I understand that you are a smart kid and you are used to impressing people on your first try. Fear of failure is a crippling problem if you let it become a habit. Give yourself permission to be bad at something, you don't have to impress us, you just have to be willing to try and fail.

unvote

Vote Dark horse


Although JimBob is my current top scum read I'm willing to let him have more time to post before I decide if he's actually scum. DarkHorse needs to post.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:11 am UTC

Fake quotes to ping the lurkers:
Madge wrote: Boomfrog is the best!

Dark Horse wrote:I should really post more.

You don't have to read the whole thread before you post. Just tell us how far you read then post your thoughts for that point in the thread.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:18 am UTC

Heads up: Dgames mafia play is semi mean spirited, never take anything a dgamer says about play to be personal, we're all a bunch of uneducated braggarts who curse like sailors and insist players should crawl back into their mother's wombs to be aborted when we want to lynch them (I kid)(semi).

@Peaceful Whale: If you had to kill one person, who would it be? You must pick one persona and give a reason.

Sabrar wrote:
Maven89 wrote:3. It's probably useless to try and guess the setup beyond something basic until more roles are revealed, and even then it'd be difficult. We normally frown on it.
Why? It occasionally helps with catching scum when they reveal too much info.


Because players end up making decisions on information that's (essentially) pulled out of their ass. I also don't see why scum would ever reveal more about the setup than what's already been revealed, if they would do so, than they'd be making scum slips regardless. Most we really do for setup is try to figure out how many scum/independents there might be after we have a ballpark number (cult leader flipped, second mafia faction revealed, independent or two is gone), or maybe use it to argue that a claim is fake (ex: no way town would have a cop, doc, jailer and rb). But since this is a crazy power role game, even that could result in us shooting ourselves in the foot.

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@FrozenFlame, Sabrar - Why was PeacefulWhale's reads list scummy?
I've linked to it here. He did exactly the same thing as scum in Fridge Mafia.

Sabrar wrote:Yes. With a new player I don't expect a lot of changes overnight in his/her thought patterns so I assume Peaceful Whale's mind was at a similar place as last game when he was scum.


This is really weak.


moody7277 wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Him declining to use it N0 gives him some townie points.
Why do you automatically believe mpolo when he says he didn't use his power N0?


Because there haven't been any signs of power use chaos yet. We got one of those in Scooby mafia, and it actually helped to get a bunch of townies confirmed (although if I remember correctly the redirector himself was independently aligned). Obviously if he did lie about this, I'm going to vote him with extreme prejudice.

Unvote



Please explain what possible confirmation you expect us to have?

moody7277 wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Because there haven't been any signs of power use chaos yet.
How would you know with no claims? How could anyone tell for example if a Cop investigated someone else than his/her intended target?


Well, I guess I'm violating that whole "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" deal.


No. Please explain exactly what you expect us to have if he did use that role, and why we would have it.

moody7277 wrote:Let me see if I can describe what happened in Scooby mafia consicely.

mpolo had a cop
I had a tracker
Vytron had the redirect

mpolo got a scum result on another player
Vytron said he redirected mpolo from that player to me
I got the result that tracked mpolo to me (the way copping in that game worked meant I was a miller, but I digress)

Now, I know that something like this neat sowing circle is rare. My guess on why we haven't heard any claims is a combo of cagey players plus no interesting results. I figure that Sabrar making sure I'm careful about assumptions is a good idea.


This is dodging the question of why you automatically believe Mpolo is telling the truth. Unless you're saying you expect this to happen every time, and for everyone to out it, but you yourself say it's rare so I'm not sure what you're expecting.

plytho wrote:
Znirk wrote:-> Peaceful Whale: We played together recently. You were scum using your youth and newbitude as a bit of a smokescreen. Now that you can no longer claim to be an utterly confused newbie, what would you say are the most important things you have learned (to do, how to act, what to look out for) over the course of your first couple of games?
Peaceful Whale wrote:I think the most important thing is not looking like scum, it can distract from actual scum hunting, and maybe become a mislynch. Post good read lists (that one was a joke) and be helpful. Try to scum hunt, use your ability wisely.
The bolded (by me) part is the most important for scum, not for town. Town need to find scum and lynch them.


I am not a fan of Peaceful Whale's play, but in this post Zynth specifically asked him what the most important thing he learned from his previous game was, not what the most important thing for a townie in general. Since he followed up his "don't act like scum" line with "because you might get mislynched" (which, btw, is an incredibly important part of being town), I see whale's response to be null (dunno if that's slang here, it means neither towny nor scummy)

BoomFrog wrote:What a rollercoaster! My vote for Whale was initially to pile on the pressure and I found Sabrar's comment unfounded and scummy, but the link to the past* post was quite convincing. Which means my vote is now quite serious and Sabrar returns to neutral pending PW's flip.


I hate this sentence.

BoomFrog wrote:Scum points to FrozenFlame for agreeing with Sabrar unless I hear a good explination of his logic.


You're agreeing with Sabar? So you think Whale is scum, please explain why this would mean Frozenflame agreeing with Sabar that Whale is scummy makes Frozenflame scummy.

Sabrar wrote:Anyway, I think that anytime a player points out something in his own defense and says something along the lines of 'see that? surely I can't be scum, scum would never do that' then this automatically becomes a huge wine. OTOH if another player (preferably an Innocent Child :) ) comes along, points to the same thing on his own and says 'I don't think he would do that as scum' then the same evidence suddenly appears in a completely different light and will be attributed more weight.
I feel this also applies to such questions like 'why are you Town?' and 'show me where you hunted scum'. YMMV


I'm confused by your terms wine and OTOH. do player's really not defend themselves here? I think that's bizarre.

Spak wrote:I'm not a huge fan of people role claiming this early on, but I'm not sure if I'd call a role claim this early scummy because he could've been trying to find us a way out of RVS.



This is the pro-town reason he would do so, but from what I've seen this place has zero problem getting out of RVS. Claiming early when there's no need to, and claiming a role that seems scummy, is suspect. I also want to ask everyone else that's not from dgames: are bus driver's normally town here? On the mafia wiki, it says they're a pro-town role, but on dgames they're almost always scum. Hence, the player could think he could safely claim a "pro-town" role early on.

I don't want to lynch mr.polo for it (yet), I want him to respond and explain himself.


However, now that I've read up (forgive me, I'm not remembering everyone's names), Unvote: Mrpolo

Vote: Peaceful Whale

For the vast amount he's posted, he's revealed absolutely nothing and contributed nothing. He claimed he's post his reads, but then never did, instead he posted random nonsense hinting at a power role. I strongly, strongly suggest that he post his reads, who he thinks is scummy or town, and does so quickly, or gets lynched.

Second choice would be the guy with the Grinch avatar, his read list is incredibly contradictory. Third choice is the guy who talked about how he automatically believe that mpolo didn't use his ability.

I don't have town reads, but the closest is Zynth and Sabar, both of whom have not crossed any lines for me. I'd not recommend their lynches today at this time

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:23 am UTC

Honestly, I don't want to kill anyone, if I really had too, it would be one of the lurkers, becuase they're lurking. I don't know which one.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:27 am UTC

I guess I'm "Grinch Avatar". I'm not going to pull my quote out of that wall while I'm on my phone.

I agree with Sabrar after Sabrar posted his extra evidence. Frozenflame agreed with Sabrar before the extra evidence. When Frozenflame agreed, it was with no real reason and feels jumping on a wagony. Did that explain my seeming contradiction?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:30 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Honestly, I don't want to kill anyone, if I really had too, it would be one of the lurkers, becuase they're lurking. I don't know which one.

It's almost guaranteed that there are non-lurker scum. Pick somebody who's posted significantly.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Madge » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:42 am UTC

OKAY, so, this whole "topic reply notification emails not working" thing and a busy day yesterday means I have 5 pages to catch up on are you friggin' serious??? So I basically skimmed the whole thread. I'm hoping to keep better track of it, but the email bug is really screwing me over.

Anyway, I'm not gonna lie. This post sucks. I just haven't had time to actually read anything closely. I've got stuff to do today but don't want to let the thread run even MORE away from me. i'll try and be better - we'll see =/

Oh, and I generally don't like to do reads. I don't get anything out of them because I"m bad at scumhunting and they take me a hell of a lot of time. Once we have some good data - flips, night results (anyone in a sharing mood rn?) - then I'll be ready to find contradictions and all that fun stuff. But until then, I kind of suck.

Expect a post from me every day or so. Last week at work was kind of madness but hopefully next week will be better, because if I have another "madness" week then I'm going to really struggle to keep up with the thread.

firstly: I am, apparently, a "half-jester" so can I please have people vote for me at the end of the day? I have a power that only activates when at the end of the day, I have at least half of the votes required to lynch on me. I can only use it three times, and it gets more powerful each time, so I want to get some "easy" uses out of it. So I need 6 votes at the end of the day today. (In practise I think this is going to be a hard thing to do, because it basically requires 25% of players to be voting for me instead of someone who is actually scummy).

If you're voting for me to activate my ability, please make sure you don't let me get too close to lynch - scum can hammer me after all. Also, if the majority think it's a bad idea (because... you know, of everything I've said so far), then we won't do it. It doesn't affect my wincon, it just allows me to be more useful to town by having my powers available.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:00 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Elsewhere, heuristically_alone's comments about Zyth's/Zen's town claim are also similar to mine. To respond to something Zyth said in response to the concerns - of course everybody claims town automatically. Consequently, there's no need to go out of your way to emphasise it (note that PW is doing the same thing, but across multiple posts, as bessie highlighted). In your case, it was a little more subtle, and although it definitely could be coming from a townie, it could also be an attempt to subtly impress on other players the idea that you are definitely town, if they aren't thinking critically enough.
.
lol I see. That's silly.

---

@Gamma, I thought you were someone I knew.
@Gamma, what was sneaky about Ranmaru telling us who he was? Do you know him from else where?

---

Regarding Whales reads list,

It seemed pretty obvious that it was a joke. Even with the link from the previous game that Sabrar provided, I don't see it as scummy.

--
Regarding Whale overall,

Their past few posts seem like they are intentionally trying to be in the spot light. Not sure what that's all about. @Whale I hope you weren't demotivated by my early vote on you. It seemed like you came into this with excitement, but it feels now like you've given up.

---

Regarding mpolo's claim,

I like it. I don't think it is the claim that a mafia member would make, which would leave town or indy. I think it would be a really bad play to make as indy. No one wants their abilities redirected, especially scum. Scum would want to get rid of a town/indy polo as soon as possible. So as indy, this move wouldn't make much sense. Also as someone else stated (moody, I think), if he did indeed use his ability n0, this would have a high chance of eventually coming out as we progressed through the game. Furthermore, if mpolo did use their ability n0, they would have no idea which abilities they were redirecting, so lying about it d1 would be a huge risk because their n0 targets could easily call bs.

@Maven, what do you think of this reasoning?

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby moody7277 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:02 am UTC

Maven89 wrote:[questions about my opinion of mpolo's claim]


Basically, mpolo's claim looks to be a "statement against interest", meaning that he's claiming a role that at this point doesn't look useful for town. Without a good info base you could give a cop a false town reading on scum instead of bouncing scum's NK back onto scum. As far as what I would expect to see if it were deployed, I figure there would be some confusion among the reactions of actors and targets. Since we haven't had any reports of results more than "I did nothing N0", mpolo's statement is not likely to be corroborated. I'm willing to put this aside now, was only answering now since you brought it up.

ETA: Yeah, what Zyth said.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:04 am UTC

Madge's claimed ability would be interesting for scum to have a claim, almost like a fake jester to avoid getting lynched.

Another reason I think PW is town. As scum, he put on the appearance of wanting to learn to scumhint and asked lots of questions and actually put forth quite a few reads. PW looks more lost here than he did as scum and now that he has to try to do real reads as town, doesn't know where to begin.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:28 am UTC

I think Peace Whale is putting his foot in his mouth far too many times to be a strong candidate for mafia. He also seems eager and aloof, while being playful. I think this supports the thought that he is newbie town with no hidden motives. If he lost as scum and also got pegged on his reads in that game, then I would think he would have learned from his mistake and be more cautious. I look forward to his reads list.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:32 am UTC

Zyth: Who did you think Gamma was and why?

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:56 am UTC

soup, cause he said he knew Frozen and he talks like soup and has a soup-like avatar

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:01 am UTC

His avatar does seem like one Soup would use. I miss that guy.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:13 am UTC

Zyth, talk to me baby. Have any reads? Anyone of interest you want to talk about?

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:18 am UTC

I'm reading isos right now and will make a read post later once I get some questions answered. In the mean time, can you figure out moody's alignment for me? I'm having difficulty.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:27 am UTC

Sure, I'll do a re-read and give my conclusion on Moody.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:47 am UTC

@h_a why did you ask me if you and Whale were equally scum in my eyes? I don't think you followed up on that.
@h_a could you explain your back tracking.

--

@moody what does SDK mean?
@moody what did you mean by the bolded bit here: "14-4-1(SK)-1(survivor) is my guess on setup, based on Sabrar's numbering. Maybe the survivor position is a jester, or one of the town places swinging over to that. "
Town converting into a Jester?
@moody why did you base your setup numbering on Sabrar's instead of using your own?
@moody is there a reasong you didn't consider the possibility of two scum teams?
@moody was your guess on why I initally scum read h_a correct?

--

@plythos why do you think that line you bolded of Whale is scummy rather than misguided?

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:00 am UTC

Moody's posts before his reads list is all talking about the setup. Mostly responding to people asking him questions. His reads list comes out of no where, he hasn't really asked people or prodded anyone to get those reads, so there isn't really a thought progression there. His reads list is weak, but I see that people say he's also new. I really can't say I have a bead on him, he needs to actually drop setup talk and scum hunt so we can all have a better idea on his alignment.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:01 am UTC

Moody: How as your read progressed on myself, and others? (Give reasoning too)

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:22 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:@h_a why did you ask me if you and Whale were equally scum in my eyes? I don't think you followed up on that.
@h_a could you explain your back tracking.


Well you switched your vote to me, so I was curious if that meant you found someone more possibly to be scum, or if you thought us both equally as scum and switching your vote is your way of showing who all the scum are.

I don't think I was back tracking. At the beginning, I found what you said as scummy, but not reading you as scum. Then your followup is what pinged me at wanting to lean on scum reading you. However, at this point I still want to keep you as neutral as I feel this is most likely just the way you play.

On moody: his meta seems pretty typical, an early reads list mostly with information going off of what other players have said. Doesnt usually spend much time on prodding or asking questions. He does seem a little more active than past games this early on though.

On Evil George Washington: I like his playstyle. Keeps pressure on players and asks follow up questions. Lots of active scum hunting. A dangerous player if he ends up rolling mafia.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:26 am UTC

Moody: HA says you are more active this time around as opposed to other games. Why is that so?

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:27 am UTC

Sir Grabriel, good to see you. Please respond to my question I asked earlier.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 am UTC

Maven89 wrote:I'm confused by your terms wine and OTOH. do player's really not defend themselves here? I think that's bizarre.
OTOH = on the other hand
wine comes from WIFOM (wine in front of me)
There is a stickied thread called 'Rules and Noob Guide'. You can find most of the abbreviations and terms explained there that you'll encountee on this site.
Obviously people defend themselves but more to the effect of explaining their actions or mindset when making a post rather than pointing towards specific things they said that would imply their townieness.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:41 am UTC

Sabrar. What are your reads right now? Curious.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:42 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:@Maven, what do you think of this reasoning?
Why ask Maven specifically? Is this a reply to something I missed?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:46 am UTC

Moody isn't new. He's extreamly experienced and always cagey regardless of alignment. I'll try to reread him if I have time but I'd say he is the hardest person to evaluate on our site (besides perhaps myself).

Do you two have any insight on Red Ryu? Is he always like this? How about Dark Horse?

Btw, Madge is probably town.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:47 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar. What are your reads right now? Curious.
I have one read I'm fairly sure about and that is Madge not being scum. The rest will have to wait until this evening when I can do this from a computer but moody and Peaceful Whale look scummiest to me.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:53 am UTC

Red Ryu is playing how I would expect.He's not a good liar so I think it'll be easy to read him if he's scum. Need more from him though.
Dark Horse I would have expected to have posted already. I don't want him (or others) to slip under the radar.
Why is Madge Probably town?

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:57 am UTC

What does Cagey mean?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:06 am UTC

Actually PW might be Town just for the fact that it's likely he'd have more experienced scum-buddies than last time who'd advise him. Or he could be SK.

By the way SDK is a player's name here and not an abbreviation.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:13 am UTC

Cagey means they keep their thoughts hidden well. He never reveals much. Like a good poker player.

Madge is town for the same reason as Mpolo, she revealed to much of her role too freely. Scum Madge would have been more cagey. :D Of course theoretically the towniness of that move is lessened after I explained it, but I believe she seriously didn't read much of the thread so I'm still giving her credit for it.

SDK is a very good player who has a style similar to how Zyth started the game.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Madge » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:35 am UTC

Vote: Madge

I never vote D1 anyway, may as well vote for myself...
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby bessie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:38 am UTC

Great, lots of content! I’ve never played a game this large. It’s going to be a project keeping up. So, picking up where I left off (end of page 2!).

Sabrar wrote:I never make long posts from phone. I'll be at work an hour from now, I'll answer then.
Not true! You can and do make lengthy phone posts when sufficiently provoked. :P

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Thanks! I think it might have been because I was using a really obscure email address. In the future I'll try again with a gmail address.
It may take more than that. There is a problem with the forum email and you won’t receive a confirmation email if you try to create a new account. You’ll need the assistance of one of the forum moderators. We can discuss this further after the game if the problem isn’t fixed by then and you decide to stick around (as I hope you do!).

plytho wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Is whale playing up his posts?
What do you mean? I don't understand the expression.
Deliberately misleading us by pretending to be more naïve than he is.

plytho wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:What's with the woofs and barks?
It's doggo. I took a bit in high school, but I'm not completely fluent. It's a tonal language so words can mean different things depending on how you say them. For example, "Woof!" means "yes", but "Woof!" means "no".
As per fundamental rule 8 “you must post in English when typing a post” :wink:
Doggo is an internationally recognized language, and they’re speaking the English dialect anyway. :D

Not happy with this post by jimbobmacdoodle.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Evil George Washington - didn't like his complaint about wall posts, but then his subsequent quick-fire multi-posts (which I don't like personally). I think his pressure on Sabrar is not reasonable, particularly the lack of vote part, given how early in the Day it is.
If applying pressure is unacceptable, what would you consider reasonable D1 content?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Gamma Emerald - suggests mpolo to be a safe lynch. Seems a bit random a comment, if I'm honest. Not sure, but perhaps trying to plant an idea in town's mind, that we should lynch him, but without pushing too much?
I don’t understand your comment. Gamma Emerald did more than plant an idea, he straight out said mpolo would be a safe lynch. Are you trying to plant an idea about Gamma Emerald?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:#HBC | Zyth - As noted above, I like what bessie and others(?) have said about his opening post basically trying to announce he is town, but without explicitly saying it. Semi-subtle manipulation attempt? He also seems to be jumping on minor bits of terminology and blowing them out of proportion (see heuristically_alone initial vote reasoning).
And what’s wrong with jumping on minor bits of terminology and blowing them out of proportion? You just described the greater part of my playstyle. :D

moody7277 wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Him declining to use it N0 gives him some townie points.
Why do you automatically believe mpolo when he says he didn't use his power N0?

Because there haven't been any signs of power use chaos yet. We got one of those in Scooby mafia, and it actually helped to get a bunch of townies confirmed (although if I remember correctly the redirector himself was independently aligned). Obviously if he did lie about this, I'm going to vote him with extreme prejudice.
Why are you so certain mpolo is telling the truth? And why the detailed speculation on how his power may be useful for town? You seems to be very important to you that we all view mpolo as townie with a useful power. Why not let mpolo come back and defend himself?

plytho wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Yes. With a new player I don't expect a lot of changes overnight in his/her thought patterns so I assume Peaceful Whale's mind was at a similar place as last game when he was scum.
I really don't think so. In the last game he was responding to your comments on his reads list and posted an overly simplified list. This time I think he's just jokingly referring to that. The context is very different.
Interesting defense of Peaceful Whale. Adding it to my notes. And here too.

FrozenFlame wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Scattered brief thoughts, based on a skim read, because I should be working: PeacefulWhale looks more like his second (i.e. scum) game than his first (i.e. town) game currently, but I want to see more before I definitively label him one way or the other. Red Ryu looks like they're not putting much effort in. Not sure what to make with Zyth's assertions about being so good - not sure I get the points he's making about PeacfulWhale or heuristically_alone, but I don't have time to look more thoroughly into them.

Are you sure the bolded isn't just you buying some time to see how the group ends up treating PeacefulWhale for that move so that you can posture accordingly and avoid being scrutinized for following the pack? Cause thats how that reads to me
:thumbswayup:

plytho wrote:I came to the conclusion that it was a throwback because I remembered it from the last game, I hought it was a funny response then. So when I saw it again here I thought 'joke'. So I don't think he thought much about it either.

This is basically Peaceful Whale's second proper game. In his first game he messed up D1 and was replaced (or modkilled?) in his second game he was scum. Comparing his behaviour now to that scum game and calling out similarities as scum tells doesn't really work without a proper town game to compare it to.
More defense of Peaceful Whale. Noted.

heuristically_alone wrote:The issue is more of I thought of stating in my initial post to zen that it was kinda scummy, but worried that could make me look scummy, so didn't. And then get told I am scum for assuming he is town. Actually makes me laugh a little.
Why are you worried about appearing scummy? If you’re town, the best thing you can do to help town is to talk, a lot, and get other people to talk, and not worry about their reactions, because any reaction gives us more information. This is a strange comment, especially because you said this in the same post:
heuristically_alone wrote:Haha are you kidding me? And you call yourself experienced. Town players act scummy all the time. Sometimes on purpose.

heuristically_alone wrote:
bessie wrote:Thanks for pointing out your town win rate. So what’s your win percentage as scum? Or was the purpose of that post just to declare your townines?

Careful bessie. He might think you are assuming he is town already.
I would think he might suspect the opposite.

Ok, there went an hour. I’ll post what I have so far and continue with page 4 in my next post.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:46 am UTC

@bessie: you know I reserve my righteous indignations specially for you (especially when you threaten to NK me). :lol:

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:@Maven, what do you think of this reasoning?
Why ask Maven specifically? Is this a reply to something I missed?

He's scum leaning mpolo because of his claim.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:14 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:@h_a why did you ask me if you and Whale were equally scum in my eyes? I don't think you followed up on that.
@h_a could you explain your back tracking.


Well you switched your vote to me, so I was curious if that meant you found someone more possibly to be scum, or if you thought us both equally as scum and switching your vote is your way of showing who all the scum are.

Why would this be significant? If I found you equally scummy, what would have changed for you?


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests