Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:21 am UTC

@Peaceful Whale

It would have been strategically optimal for you to have kept your role secret. It's best if you choose yourself who to use it on, so that scum can't predict your target.

I'm not claiming a cop guilty on you. I'm not sure where you got that idea. At this time, I lean town on you.

@mpolo

mpolo wrote:Still on page 3 trying to catch up… My reason for claiming was to get the information out there that there might be redirectors involved. As town, I would rather that we know that sooner than later. My role is pretty low-utility early on, possibly useful as the game goes on. I am standard town. though. More after I slog through 6 more pages of posts…
If you're not able to get fully caught up, you should at minimum check out SirGabriel's claim. I think you'll find it alluring.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:22 am UTC

I lied about posting a reads list tonight. I forgot I was waiting on a response from Spak before proceeding.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:26 am UTC

Updated thoughts on Moody?

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:28 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Updated thoughts on Moody?

Me? Not my target for today. I'm confident he'll be readable tomorrow.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:31 am UTC

Oh my that's a wall and I should be working.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Are you saying that we are more prone to base our reads off of meta or more prone not to base our reads off of meta? It seems like the latter would be the case.
Exactly.
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Could you give an example on how you ought to lessen the impact?
Giving out less scum-points for it than normal.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:BTW it's really disconcerting that you keep making broad generalizations about dgames players and broad generalizations about xkcd players. Just based on this game alone, it's clear that there is a wide variety of play styles, opinions, and philosophies on both sites.
The environment shapes the play-style. DGamers vote early and often, xkcd-ers less so. I feel that this is a generalization that mostly holds up.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:As I said before, it is very easy to alter one's play style.
Not for everyone.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:The reason why I didn't care to look into Whale's previous game, as you suggested at start, was because, no, I wasn't really serious.
Good to know, still don't like it. Personal preference.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:It's really strange to me that you weren't able to pick up on that.
You're a totally unknown quantity to me. It's much easier to ask than to assume.

Reacting to rest later.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:34 am UTC

Zen: Yes you. Why haven't you been as active as I would expect this game? (You were in early game but less so after that)

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:36 am UTC

Also, if you are going to wait for Spak, please at least work on the reads list / research while you wait so when he does answer you can post the reads in a timely manner.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby bessie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:38 am UTC

Aargh, these last few reads are slow going, and now I’m starting to get ninja’d by the players I’m reading.

Evil George Washington – I had some initial concern that he was going to be difficult about the wall of text thing, and I’m not overly happy about the rapid fire multiple posts. But other than that, I like his style. I like the authoritative pushing other players for content, and holding them to answer questions. He was a little guarded in his early opinions, but not in an anti-town way, as he did not hold back from answering direct questions, he just waited to be asked (he reminds me of someone else that I like to play with a lot :D ).

My comments on his reads lists here and here, because he asked.
Evil George Washington wrote:Peaceful Whale - I think Peace Whale is putting his foot in his mouth far too many times to be a strong candidate for mafia.
I don’t agree with this, I think that he’s putting his foot in his mouth because he’s trying too hard to act townie, but I am also considering that maybe he is trying too hard because he is town. I can see this game being quite intimidating for newbie town, not just newbie scum.

I don’t agree with the read on plytho. I have the same thoughts as you about Znirk. I’m kinda surprised you don’t have anything on FrozenFlame, not even a prod. Agree with the scum lean on jimbob but for slightly different reasons. I think that the concerns about moody are valid. I’m still thinking about BoomFrog.

jimbobmacdoodle – Current scum lean. Read my latest comments on him here. I’m going to put off commenting further until he posts some more content, which I’m sure will be soon and plentiful, because jimbob doesn’t generally lurk as scum (or at all, and he did say he would be unavailable this weekend).

I may need to save my two most difficult analysis/reads (three really, I need a real analysis of BoomFrog) for tomorrow because I’m running out of steam. Let me see if I can come up with anything before I fall asleep.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:47 am UTC

bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:(and Peaceful Whale has soft claimed a townie power)

I was about to call you scummy for not pointing this out in your reads list :)

bessie wrote: As already stated, I’m suspicious of your reasons for wanting to keep Peaceful Whale in this game,
I'm fine with this
bessie wrote: and I don’t like your willingness to jump on any wagon to ensure this.
Not with this.

BoomFrog wrote:plytho - Same points as before, put h_a and PW too high on his lists. Now all his content is focusing on clarifying details of past posts, and analyzing PW. No actual scum hunting. - scummy
ha ha h_a is just as high on your list :)
#HBC | Zyth wrote: @plytho, this answers your question as well. Let me know if it clears it up.
It does, thanks.

That concludes my quick responses based on content since my reads list. I’ll be back later today after proper reading (or sooner to answer easy questions).
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Crossover Mafia | N0

Postby Madge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:48 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:GLaDOS is in this game. She is a passive "bomb" -- upon detonation she will kill whoever killed her. This cannot be prevented from bulletproof, protection from abilities, or redirects.
This is what we know of GLaDOS. Obviously she's going to PGO whoever NK-s her but the lynch situation is not clarified and could be interpreted in multiple ways.


I swear there was something else because I remember reading it. Can't seem to find anything else. Maybe I just inferred it as being "obvious", or maybe YOLOSWAG edited their post (if it was edited before anyone posted, it won't show up as an edited post)?

(If SirG is feeling charitable and I'm wrong, he can contradict me and then at least we'll know I was wrong...)

I am feeling kind of unsettled that I "remember" something that nobody else remembers.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:51 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Also, if you are going to wait for Spak, please at least work on the reads list / research while you wait so when he does answer you can post the reads in a timely manner.

Go to sleep boi.

Pedit: @Madge: Did you check the scum chat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:51 am UTC

Same post as before, fixed.

bessie wrote:(and Peaceful Whale has soft claimed a townie power)

I was about to call you scummy for not pointing this out in your reads list :)

bessie wrote: As already stated, I’m suspicious of your reasons for wanting to keep Peaceful Whale in this game,
I'm fine with this
bessie wrote: and I don’t like your willingness to jump on any wagon to ensure this.
Not with this.

BoomFrog wrote:plytho - Same points as before, put h_a and PW too high on his lists. Now all his content is focusing on clarifying details of past posts, and analyzing PW. No actual scum hunting. - scummy
ha ha h_a is just as high on your list :)
#HBC | Zyth wrote: @plytho, this answers your question as well. Let me know if it clears it up.
It does, thanks.

That concludes my quick responses based on content since my reads list. I’ll be back later today after proper reading (or sooner to answer easy questions).
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:53 am UTC

Zen: I also want to know why you haven't been using our town bro relationship to the fullest. I'm going to sleep very soon.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Madge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Pedit: @Madge: Did you check the scum chat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?


Ohhhh riiiiight, the scum chat where me and my scumbuddies got given a detailed description of how the bomb role works??? THAT one?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Madge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 am UTC

^that's sarcasm in case anyone was wondering
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:58 am UTC

Bessie: I think you are have good points about Peace Whale. It's why I asked him to state who he got the reads from and why. The only thing that I would worry about him is his lack of presence since early game. On Frozen Flame, he's null to me. I still have a question to him that he missed, which I re-posted. I like your style too and I would not want to annoy you especially since you seem to have a busy life and it's understandable that you may need to wall to catch up.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby bessie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 am UTC

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:(and Peaceful Whale has soft claimed a townie power)

I was about to call you scummy for not pointing this out in your reads list :)

Any guesses as to why I'm not happy with BoomFrog, and now you, for bringing this up? Here's a hint:

Peaceful Whale wrote:I've got a way to prove I'm town, who do we trust the most? Right now I'm think Bessie. (Bassicly who is the towniest, and who do we trust)

I'm worried about whoever I target will be killed by scum, and then my ability would be wasted.
plytho just moved (farther) down on my list.

Ninja'd a few times.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:05 am UTC

I'm going to sleep. I have work from 10am until 6pm tomorrow. (Today rather) Good night/morning.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:06 am UTC

Madge wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Pedit: @Madge: Did you check the scum chat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?


Ohhhh riiiiight, the scum chat where me and my scumbuddies got given a detailed description of how the bomb role works??? THAT one?


Yes that one. Or the one where you and your scumbuddies were discussing it and it was just assumed that last vote gets blown up. Having read it there, you just assumed it was in the op.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:07 am UTC

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:(and Peaceful Whale has soft claimed a townie power)

I was about to call you scummy for not pointing this out in your reads list :)

Any guesses as to why I'm not happy with BoomFrog, and now you, for bringing this up? Here's a hint:

Peaceful Whale wrote:I've got a way to prove I'm town, who do we trust the most? Right now I'm think Bessie. (Bassicly who is the towniest, and who do we trust)

I'm worried about whoever I target will be killed by scum, and then my ability would be wasted.
plytho just moved (farther) down on my list.

Ninja'd a few times.

I really don't understand, please explain?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby bessie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:10 am UTC

Are you frickin serious or are you trying to piss me off?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:14 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:-Don't understand what was gross about h_a's post.
-Don't understand why he agreed with my post on h_a when no one else did.
-His explanation for why he agreed with you completely contradicted his response to plytho.
- It's a personal thing, but I don't like the "And not the yummy sweet kind that tastes of cotton candy." part of it. It bothers me.
- Because your reasoning is on point if you do not take into account the possibility of multiple scum-teams and the fact that you interpreted too much into h_a's post.
- I don't see this. His response to plytho comes from an 'after' mindset but he had a different reason to agree with me initially.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:If we were going to push a lurker, I didn't think Dark Horse would be someone that we could get anything out of. I wanted to push one of the lurkers that had actually showed intent to play the game.
This does clear it up but it doesn't explain your shift away from h_a.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Regarding my play style: I usually get flack for this, because it makes people paranoid, but I literally choose a random play style (among a set of them) before the start of the game.
Will check out the examples at some point (won't be in the near future). Interesting way to play, that's for sure.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:16 am UTC

Bessie, I am frickin serious, sorry.

You said BoomFrog was role fishing but (as Zyth also noticed) PW posted this:
Peaceful Whale wrote: I have a way of telling if someone is scum or not


So there's not a lot of fishing to be done. So when you said
bessie wrote: I recommend that for now, you do not claim or discuss your power.

After he pretty much already claimed it felt like you were trying to hide this info.

Now I'm thinking you missed that post?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:-Don't understand what was gross about h_a's post.
-Don't understand why he agreed with my post on h_a when no one else did.
-His explanation for why he agreed with you completely contradicted his response to plytho.
- It's a personal thing, but I don't like the "And not the yummy sweet kind that tastes of cotton candy." part of it. It bothers me.
- Because your reasoning is on point if you do not take into account the possibility of multiple scum-teams and the fact that you interpreted too much into h_a's post.
- I don't see this. His response to plytho comes from an 'after' mindset but he had a different reason to agree with me initially.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:If we were going to push a lurker, I didn't think Dark Horse would be someone that we could get anything out of. I wanted to push one of the lurkers that had actually showed intent to play the game.
This does clear it up but it doesn't explain your shift away from h_a.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Regarding my play style: I usually get flack for this, because it makes people paranoid, but I literally choose a random play style (among a set of them) before the start of the game.
Will check out the examples at some point (won't be in the near future). Interesting way to play, that's for sure.


The third game I posted would take 5 min to read. Just read it. Forgot how short it was.

I don't understand the "after" mindset. Why was it ok for you to remember Whale's post, but not for plytho to?

h_a is scummy, but not sure fire. If it were up to me, we'd just lynch the person I want to immediately. But I know ppl like to wait until the deadline to lynch, so I'm just utilizing time and scum hunting other players.

I just remembered I was going to explain why h_a making the same remark in past games makes it more likely he's scum. Will do so tomorrow. Sleepy time.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:22 am UTC

*I just read it.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:35 am UTC

Phone-posting, to give a quick update as to where I'm at.

@bessie - I am very busy all of D1, with family and travelling. In all likelihood, it will be this way until Monday, so I promise to do a full and detailed reads list around then (if not sooner), and respond to the things I've missed. The reason I didn't respond to all your questions was because I was rushing and using my phone, so didn't go back to look things up. I just remembered the one question, so I responded to that.

As to what is reasonable early on day 1 - pressure for poor questions or bad reads certainly is, but not for different play styles, in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of the whole SDK-style aggressively push someone for some incredibly minor point, although I accept it can work against some players. It must goes against my naturally cautious, build up an opinion slowly over time approach.

Based on what has been said about setup, I very much doubt that SirG is being truthful about his win condition. A straight-up survivor is at odds with the belief of DGamers on its own, but combine that with an automatic mod-announced protection, it really doesn't seem right. And he has an alternative win condition? The survivor bit on its own seems way too easy to achieve, so having two options is even sillier.

Not going to try to justify these reads, because they are half-formed impressions based on my ongoing read:
Town-leaning: bessie, EGW, Madge, PeacefulWhale, Zen/Zyth, Znirk
Scum-leaning: Red Ryu, SirGabriel, moody, plytho
No opinion on yet: everybody else
Insufficient to even give a passing judgment: mpolo, DarkHorse

About the only person I'd be comfortable lynching is Red Ryu, unless I get more time to reread. I'm also happy to vote Madge, to activate her, although the tiny nervous part of me says that Madge is actually playing us.

I'll try to look more at things on my lunch break.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:10 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Why was it ok for you to remember Whale's post, but not for plytho to?

a) PW's original joke list was made after my inquiry so I have more connection to it
b) I like to reread previous games when I'm bored
c) my mind retains useless trivia like that all the time

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:29 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Why was it ok for you to remember Whale's post, but not for plytho to?

a) PW's original joke list was made after my inquiry so I have more connection to it
b) I like to reread previous games when I'm bored
c) my mind retains useless trivia like that all the time

You only answered half the question.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:37 am UTC

Where did I comment that you should have remembered it?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:45 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Where did I comment that you should have remembered it?

I don't know, you'll have to ask Zyth :D
I just found it strange that your answer didn't match the question.
Why didn't you answer Zyth's question with "Where did I comment that plytho should have remembered it?"?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:48 am UTC

Because I misread the question as 'why is it that you would remember the post and plytho would not'

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:46 am UTC

bessie wrote:SirGabriel – I have no reason not to accept his claim for now. SirGabriel, please don’t waste your vote. If you have no candidates, vote for Madge, and move your vote toward deadline if we need it to hammer.

Fine with me.

Vote: Madge

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Based on what has been said about setup, I very much doubt that SirG is being truthful about his win condition. A straight-up survivor is at odds with the belief of DGamers on its own, but combine that with an automatic mod-announced protection, it really doesn't seem right. And he has an alternative win condition? The survivor bit on its own seems way too easy to achieve, so having two options is even sillier.

Yeah, I thought it was weird too. But why would I falseclaim such an easy wincon?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:49 am UTC

SirGabriel wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Based on what has been said about setup, I very much doubt that SirG is being truthful about his win condition. A straight-up survivor is at odds with the belief of DGamers on its own, but combine that with an automatic mod-announced protection, it really doesn't seem right. And he has an alternative win condition? The survivor bit on its own seems way too easy to achieve, so having two options is even sillier.

Yeah, I thought it was weird too. But why would I falseclaim such an easy wincon?
Because that way we're not worried about your actual wincon?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:57 am UTC

Apologies for doing this in bits, work became crazy suddenly.

Maven: First action is to put pressure on mpolo. His reasoning is solid (though redirection does not necessarily mean bus-driver), especially given the background given in his later post. I don't agree with jimbob that it was role-fishing.
In his second post he makes a number of good observations and some off-handed comments which I would like to see explained at some point. Next he follows up on previous points, and corrects himself without outside prod. He seems to be limiting his interactions to a few people. Cautious about Madge, good response to jimbob, reasonable reaction to GE's rolefishing (though I'm not a fan of communicating through gif-s). Change of heart on PW due to read-list. I think I can guess the reason but I would like to have his explanation on it as well as it seems sudden in itself.
It feels to me that he didn't engage a wide range of players, but I have no problems with his content. Leaning Town, looking forward to a read list on more players.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby mpolo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:04 am UTC

I have read through page 8 now. Here are some notes I took:

Spoiler:
Evil George Washington: Good exchange with Sabrar


Sabrar: Good exchange with EGW

Zyth/Zen: Started out a little weird with the "pronouncements" of scumminess. I like a lot of the later content, though.

Madge: Claims a semi-jester role. Probably not out-and-out scum.

Peaceful Whale: seems to be newbie town, though possibly trying too hard to be townie. Which means I have no read on him. Finally a reads list. Wants to lynch the lurker

heuristically_alone: slightly suspect post early on (automatically assuming another is town); this was enough for Zyth to declare him scum, but that's pretty minimal evidence.

Gamma Emerald: wants to lynch me :(

jimbobmacdoodle: objects to early pressure against Sabrar, which is a little weird.

FrozenFlame: some insightful comments about jimbob. I liked post 256 as well.

plytho: defense of Peaceful Whale

Maven: tries to pull Peaceful Whale into the game

bessie: very typical play. I find myself agreeing with her very often. Nervous because she is so often town.


I haven't seen the post by SirGabriel I'm supposed to respond to.

Town lean (unordered):
Evil George Washington
Sabrar
Zyth/Zen
Madge
FrozenFlame
bessie

Neutralish:
Gamma Emerald
Peaceful Whale
Maven

scum lean:
plytho
jimbobmacdoodle

There are several more where I don't have any good feeling or didn't stick out in my admittedly very quick readthrough. Pending answer from YOLOSWAG, would prefer to lynch an "active lurker" to someone who hasn't posted at all so that I can even have a feeling about them. (Somewhere in the back of my mind was a statement from YOLOSWAG that we have to deal with lurkers ourselves, though. If that's true, then everything changes.)

More after I read the last two pages…
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:09 am UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:The town must stay active and be willing to punish inactive players if they hope to succeed.
From the first post.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:12 am UTC

mpolo wrote:There are several more where I don't have any good feeling or didn't stick out in my admittedly very quick readthrough. Pending answer from YOLOSWAG, would prefer to lynch an "active lurker" to someone who hasn't posted at all so that I can even have a feeling about them. (Somewhere in the back of my mind was a statement from YOLOSWAG that we have to deal with lurkers ourselves, though. If that's true, then everything changes.)

OP special notes wrote:3. I would like to actively encourage everyone to pressure players that are inactive and punish them by lynching them if necessary. I will replace players that need to be replaced, but the town shouldn't let that be an excuse to let players get away with staying quiet.

Bolded (by me) part puts us in the should or shouldn't we lynch Dark Horse position we're currently in.
The fact that we now have 3 replacements might make replacement more likely but it's all up to the mods.

ninja by Sabrar
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:36 am UTC

moody: initial thoughts here, not much has been added since. He compares Madge's claim to Jester and throws suspicion on her because of setup-info. However due to majority lynches Madge's claim is unlike Jester as it's not anti-town to have those votes on her if we otherwise have a clear-wagon. Him forgetting that Smalltown had 2 scum-teams can be genuine as he was Town there, so probably null-tell.
Still reading him as scum.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:42 am UTC

mpolo: don't like the early claim, especially as redirection is not a pro-town power imo. The reason for claiming could be true. Very much interested in his detailed reads to see how original they are. Slight scum-lean for now but really there's not a lot to analyze.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:59 am UTC

Skipping PW and plytho for now because I need more time and a less hectic environment.
Skipping SirGabriel because I want to hear from FrozenFlame first (though I do have a strong opinion about the subject).

Spak: little content, needs to post more. He sheeps EGW's read on me after it has been dropped. Non-committal about mpolo, asks one question from plytho. Otherwise its mostly fluff. His case on BoomFrog is wrong because he didn't have the background (you can check Shakespeare to see why). I'm getting active-lurking pings from him, slight scum-lean until content improves.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests