Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

#HBC | Zyth

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:35 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Sweet, Ryu is scum.
Why?
#HBC | Zyth wrote:If Spak doesn't start posting, he needs to be the D1 lynch.
For someone has decided there's only one person they'll lynch today you sure seem to change your mind a lot.
Hehe as mich as I want to lynch scum, lynching a lurker is always priority in the early day phases.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:42 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Hehe as mich as I want to lynch scum, lynching a lurker is always priority in the early day phases.
That's very different from what you were saying here though. You were saying 'sure I'll vote for that lurker for now but I have my mind set on my 100% certain read, and won't be lynching anyone else'.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:43 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I realized that I asked the wrong question -- as it is possible to target GladOS with a non-killing power, I could theoretically use my power against it if that were to town's advantage.
Hm, are you not the protagonist from portal? If not, there may be another redirector whose purpose in the game is to get destroy GladOS. I was thinking by redirecting a night kill towards her.

I'm just speculating since I don't know the details of your role, but if you only have one half of the redirect, the exit, then yes you should use it on SirG. If you have the other half, the entry then you should use it on someone you think has a night kill.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:47 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Hehe as mich as I want to lynch scum, lynching a lurker is always priority in the early day phases.
That's very different from what you were saying here though. You were saying 'sure I'll vote for that lurker for now but I have my mind set on my 100% certain read, and won't be lynching anyone else'.
True. I changed my mind. My mind works in real time with the current data, not some by pre planned, uh, plan.

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@FrozenFlame: also thanks. So my view is the following:
There are basically 3 possibilities:
- FrozenFlame was lying about the setup, probably because he also has a degenerate role that he wants to hide. Unlikely as multiple DGamers could have contradicted him.
- FrozenFlame was telling the truth as far as he knew but he was mistaken and OS really included a Survivor. Also unlikely, a mod's preferences do not change overnight.
- FrozenFlame was telling the truth and SirGabriel is lying. Much more likely, claimed role is truly degenerate given mod-confirm and everything.

Also wanted to see how FF reacts and I like what I saw.

So I just want to be clear here and admit that it is fully possible that I was overconfident in my claim about what OS would/wouldn't do as a mod. I know he's a very strong game designer/balancer and thus projected some of my preconceived notions about what are/aren't degenerate and otherwise shitty roles onto what my expectations of OS were. To that end, I think the balance of likelihood between possibilities 2 & 3 of your list is far more equitable than you seem to have concluded at this point. Basically what I'm trying to say is that this revelation re: the Glados role has given me serious reason to believe that my understanding of the mod's preferences are not as well founded as I originally thought. Thus, I hesitate to say that OS deciding to include a survivor is an "overnight" change of preference. I'd be an asshole if I let my own overconfidence be treated like gospel re: the mod's tendencies and thus throw off the calculus of other players less familiar with the mod who might rely on those who have experience with the mod for guidance on thinking about the setup.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I have nothing to say regarding Dark Horse at this time.
@Anybody who may be familiar with the designers of this game: would it be within the realms of feasibility that Dark Horse has been prevented by some kind of restriction from posting?

plytho wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I have nothing to say regarding Dark Horse at this time.

In an earlier post yolo said dark horse had been prodded. So probably not a posting restriction.

plytho on a roll, nailed it

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:
plytho wrote:EBWOP: I think

On the other hand: could a wincon of getting half the votes three times be a thing?

There are.

It's a variant of Warlock/Politican.

Definitely a very real possibility that fulfilling the "get me to halfway lynched 3 times" request actually results in indy victory. Good awareness, though scum has just as much reason as town to be wary here re: potential indy wincons

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:@Frozenflame can you explain your noob scum read in Whale? I will not argue the liability angle but I read more town being goofy than scum. It's very laid back but doesn't look like an act to me.

I guess I see it as less of a deliberate "act" and more of just an example of forced levity. Like whats the point of posting a shitty "reads list" where you all yourself town and say you don't have any reads on anyone else? It's completely empty and worthless. The fact that he's done it before as scum just made me think he was falling into an old habit of just trying to fill empty interaction space with inoffensive meaningless content. This is not a hard read by any means though

What's pinging you? The myopic policy lynch advocacy on madge? The light buddying of you me and spak? Fear mongering us Dgamers by trying to suggest we always let indies slide and get bit in the ass later?

plytho wrote:
Why?
#HBC | Zyth wrote:If Spak doesn't start posting, he needs to be the D1 lynch.
For someone has decided there's only one person they'll lynch today you sure seem to change your mind a lot.

To quote noob noob from Rick and Morty, "God daayyyyyyyum"

plytho ain't pullin no punches

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:51 pm UTC

FrozenFlame: I have done that before. Especially on Mafiascum. You need to play with me more. What is your read on me, moody, and Spak?

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:52 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
mpolo wrote:I realized that I asked the wrong question -- as it is possible to target GladOS with a non-killing power, I could theoretically use my power against it if that were to town's advantage.
Hm, are you not the protagonist from portal? If not, there may be another redirector whose purpose in the game is to get destroy GladOS. I was thinking by redirecting a night kill towards her.

I'm just speculating since I don't know the details of your role, but if you only have one half of the redirect, the exit, then yes you should use it on SirG. If you have the other half, the entry then you should use it on someone you think has a night kill.

Damnit zen why you gotta go tell the scum bout how we can deal with Glados by forcing them to throw themselves at her? :evil: :evil: :evil:

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:FrozenFlame: I have done that before. Especially on Mafiascum. You need to play with me more. What is your read on me, moody, and Spak?
Eh, you're a slight town for me atm. That post of yours we've been discussing still kind of pings for me but I'm willing to believe I don't know your meta as well as I might think. I remember liking what little we've heard from spak but no read either way. Moody has admittedly slightly more content but null on that slot still as well

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:01 pm UTC

Go into the reasoning on me. Then talk to me about Red Ryu. Why are you not voting?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:02 pm UTC

Vote Count 1.7
Frozenflame (1): Gamma Emerald
Dark Horse (1): #HBC | Zyth
Madge (3): Madge, SirGabriel, Red Ryu
BoomFrog (3): Spak, Evil George Washington, Peaceful Whale
Red Ryu (2): BoomFrog, plytho
jimbobmacdoodle (1): Frozenflame

Not Voting (9): heuristically_alone, Bessie, Dark Horse, Znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, mpolo, Sabrar, moody7277, Maven89

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!

Deadline Clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/basketball?iso=20170913T235959&p0=198&msg=D1+End&font=sanserif

Swag.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:03 pm UTC

Oh you are voting Jimbob. I take that question back. Do answer me on me reasoning and Red Ryu.

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:12 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
plytho wrote:
True. I changed my mind. My mind works in real time with the current data, not some by pre planned, uh, plan.
:roll:

Please tell us who your top scum read is and why. In the mean time, explain why you changed your mind.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:12 pm UTC

Zen can I get a scumlist please?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:15 pm UTC

Oh I forgot you are waiting for Spak.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:29 pm UTC

If he doesn't post soon I may just post em cause im getting antsy.

Lol at plytho sweating over who my scum read is.
Lol at my mobile typos.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:31 pm UTC

By the way have been at work since 10am, work until 10pm doing a double so will just be skimming the whole day.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:41 pm UTC

@Zen: thanks for clarifying, it does look strange. I'll let FF answer this question first but I have an opinion about it and we can come back to it after.

BoomFrog wrote:@Sabrar, I can understand the Dgamers finding my style scummy but you should know me better then that. My wine this game has been minimal compared to my opening in Dark Tower
You're right about that, DT slipped my mind because I knew you were Town.

BoomFrog wrote:and I'm always trying to provoke people early game with really pressure (which is why we lynched scum D1 in X-men btw, so although you don't like it you have to admit it gets results).
Give me some credit. :roll: We lynched scum because I convinced you to switch.

BoomFrog wrote:Give me one specific thing that you still feel was a mistake in my play.
Haven't had the chance to fully reread you again, from my original read this is still outstanding:
Sabrar wrote:The first part of this does not follow from his approach (if he gives townie points for mpolo revealing info he shouldn't say scum!mpolo would be scared giving info as mpolo modded Shakespeare where BoomFrog already expressed these views).

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:04 pm UTC

Additional thoughts on people that were pretty neutral on my reads list:

Moody7277:I think moody’s moving down a bit. His posts are mostly defensive. Most are about his comment on mpolo’s claim. There’s zero scum hunting. He only asked 3 questions so far:
moody7277 wrote:I think that the reason two-scum teams have been common of late is that we haven't had the player base recently to support big enough games for a bigger scum faction (needs at least 12 I think?).

moody7277 wrote: Off hand, is English a second language for you?

moody7277 wrote:So, if your sure I'm scum, does my behavior towards mpolo imply he's scum as well?
Only the last one is about game content. It’s like he’s not interested. He’s going to have to post a stellar reads update. Because I don’t like what I’m seeing so far.

Jimbobmacdoodle: I don’t agree with his ‘reasonable reasons to apply pressure’ stance. But I generally like most of the other things he’s been posting. He seems to be making an actual effort to get caught up with the game and play. I also like that he has trouble reading me and isn’t lazily tagging me as scum.

Spak: Poor Spak, twice forgotten. His absence isn’t helping. Sliding towards the lurkers, but if we’re lynching lurkers Spak has a while to live still. At least the little content he has isn’t as terrible ar Red Ryu’s.

Sabrar: I agree with most of what Sabrar is saying and he’s not giving me strong pings. I disagreed on one small point but that’s well documented :) I look forward to his read on me. He’s still in the neutral bunch for me, to slowly rise to town unless he slips.

BoomFrog: still neutral, I’m not really seeing the scummines that some others are seeing

Madge: the possibility of her being indie has me slightly worried. I won’t be voting for her.

Mpolo: low on content. I hope we get to see a better reads list sometime soon. The first one feels flimsy.

Heuristically_alone: hasn’t posted since my reads list. Sliding down the list. Oh, he’s online now.

@Heuristically_alone: could you provide us with a reads list?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:09 pm UTC

Been out of town all weekend. Looks like I have quite a few pages to catch up on. I'll have some juicy reads for you all by end of day.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale: in his first game he was super-scummy and almost got killed. In his second game he was exactly the same kind of scummy so I thought he was Town (I know that others disagree but that's what it looked to me). I think he's too over-the-top for me to read properly. I don't get why he would post that joke list as town but I don't get most of his posts either. Hovering around 35% of being scum which technically puts him at the scummy side of neutral.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:17 pm UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:So I just want to be clear here and admit that it is fully possible that I was overconfident in my claim about what OS would/wouldn't do as a mod.
Thanks for the update. The role as presented is still very unlikely to be in the game so I'm going with the lying!SirGabriel option.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:True. I changed my mind.
Is you changing your mind a part of your pre-determined personality or are you letting your own thoughts through?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 pm UTC

Second break needs to be cut short, hurricanes suck at an insurance company.

I'll give a better response when I am off if work.

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:25 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Go into the reasoning on me. Then talk to me about Red Ryu. Why are you not voting?

Reasoning for jimbob I assume is what you're asking? Same as the post I voted for him in, I just don't think his posts are authentic and he doesn't seem to be scumhunting. Don't have much more to offer other than that. As I've said I'd be willing to hop on any of the slots I've listed as possible plays. We only have 2 days until deadline so I'm looking to build some momentum on something so we can atleast have a wagon or two to discuss

And I'm voting for Jimbob currently as you noticed and indicated by subsequent post

Sabrar wrote:@Zen: thanks for clarifying, it does look strange. I'll let FF answer this question first but I have an opinion about it and we can come back to it after.
Huh? What question am I supposed to be answering? I clearly missed something

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:38 pm UTC

@ Frozen

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
plytho wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Where did I comment that you should have remembered it?

I don't know, you'll have to ask Zyth :D
I just found it strange that your answer didn't match the question.
Why didn't you answer Zyth's question with "Where did I comment that plytho should have remembered it?"?

Sabrar wrote:Because I misread the question as 'why is it that you would remember the post and plytho would not'

lol what I'm saying is this.

>Frozen agrees with Sabrar's reasoning for not liking Whale's joke list (referring to the post from the previous game).
>In the same post, Frozen berates plytho for his own interpretation of the reference. It was clear that it (whal'es post) was a joke though and Frozen himself admits this in the very same post.

The post I'm referring to (bolded is mine):
FrozenFlame wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@FrozenFlame: what was your reason in agreeing with me? It must differ from mine.

Mostly just thought it was lazy "jokey" posturing. More of a noob tell than anything but you linking that behavior to past scum games only bolsters my apprehension here. Like what does he contribute by posting a read list saying lulz I'm town and herpa derpa idk about the rest of you? It seems like he's trying to force some levity or something which makes me think he feels uncomfortable and that he needs to be contributing something, yet doesn't make any attempt to scumhunt in those contributions.

plytho wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Yes. With a new player I don't expect a lot of changes overnight in his/her thought patterns so I assume Peaceful Whale's mind was at a similar place as last game when he was scum.
I really don't think so. In the last game he was responding to your comments on his reads list and posted an overly simplified list. This time I think he's just jokingly referring to that. The context is very different.

Really agree with Sabrar here. Plytho, on what basis do you think PW was joking here, and more specifically, how did you come to the conclusion that it was a throwback play on his past scum behavior? I feel like PW didn't even think that much about it, as if it WAS a callback surely he would've pointed it out himself. But he didn't and sabrar is the one calling him out on the meta read. So what about this "context" makes things different exactly?

I also asked you about it here.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:42 pm UTC

Frozen: No your reasoning for me.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:44 pm UTC

Sabrar (and plytho apparently). I know you hate ambiguity, but you really have to let me do things in my own way. It's fine to get clarification after the fact, not during. Patience.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:45 pm UTC

Why? If we assume for a moment that all lurkers are actually town (we have no way of knowing at this point either way of course), then lynching lurkers as a priority over likely scum will surely result in us losing? On the other hand, lynching scum (if we have a reasonable certainty of who it is) allows us to draw links to other players and hopefully identify the remaining scum, thus allowing us to win. To be clear, I'm not opposed to lynching lurkers, but when I have a good scum read, I think they're a much better choice.

Speaking of lurkers and scum, I think I've seen enough to post a provisional vote on Red Ryu. I will review it again if and when he posts an actual reads list.

Vote Red Ryu

He's had ample time to post at least something useful, prior to his apparent busy period, and when he does return, he spends most of it first asking questions, before moving onto wanting to lynch Madge, who had nowhere said she was indie, yet he decides to go after her as a matter of policy. He's still done absolutely no useful scum hunting, and aside from Madge, and one or two brief early comments, has expressed no personal opinions or original content which is really the damning thing. I may reconsider this in favour of some of my other reads, if his reads list is good, but don't bank on it.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:47 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Why? If we assume for a moment that all lurkers are actually town (we have no way of knowing at this point either way of course), then lynching lurkers as a priority over likely scum will surely result in us losing? On the other hand, lynching scum (if we have a reasonable certainty of who it is) allows us to draw links to other players and hopefully identify the remaining scum, thus allowing us to win. To be clear, I'm not opposed to lynching lurkers, but when I have a good scum read, I think they're a much better choice.
It's better to get rid of them early on. Lynching scum is tempting and comes with immediate reward, but it's not strategically optimal. Being stuck with inactives late in the game is a drag.

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:51 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Sabrar (and plytho apparently). I know you hate ambiguity, but you really have to let me do things in my own way. It's fine to get clarification after the fact, not during. Patience.

But I want it nooow :cry: :wink:

(I'll be patient and see how your way works.)

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:56 pm UTC

I'll try :P
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:59 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Lynching scum is tempting and comes with immediate reward, but it's not strategically optimal.
Don't see why. Plenty of connections can be uncovered.
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Being stuck with inactives late in the game is a drag.
How true.

Xivii's playstyle completely mirrors Zen's here. Reluctantly he goes into the slightly town-leans for now.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm UTC

Complete reread of plytho has to wait (though the longer I wait the harder it gets). However I'm liking his recent content much more than what I remember from earlier.

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:13 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Frozen: No your reasoning for me.

Other than that "This is scum" post that I thought was uncharacteristically aggressive/conclusive I think you've been fitting the town!Ran mold. Nothing out of the ordinary from what I've seen from you the last couple games we played together, namely Dark tower and the game on MS, and since you were town in those games I'm inclined to lean that your similar behavior here is reflective of being town. But as I've said I'm not leaning heavily, just not seeing any red flags.

@ Zyth and @ Sabrar:

Ok so it seems like yall are confused about me going after plytho for stating that PW was joking when he did his "lol I'm town and I don't know about anyone else" reads list, but in the same post I described it as "jokey" right?

When I said "jokey" I was really trying to get at the fact that it seemed like forced levity generally, not that it was an actual concrete "joke" throwing back to his last game where he was scum and did the same thing. I had no such meta knowledge that he had done the exact same empty read list bullshit in a previous game, so my description of the readlist being "jokey" was not me saying I thought PW was actually trying to make a joke by reference to an old game. I just thought it was being lulzy/derpy or whatever, but in a forced way. I asked Plytho why he thought it was a joke because I took his comment to mean that he had an understanding that PW was deliberately playing on something either meta related or related to the XKCD culture, or something along those lines. Does that clear that up?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:55 pm UTC

I used it as a reference to save telling me hat the only person who I knew was town was myself.(last game) I'm sorry that it's caused a lot of friction.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:00 pm UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:Frozen: No your reasoning for me.
Does that clear that up?
:thumbsup:

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:30 pm UTC

Get at me Boomfrog. Red Ryu posted, should be enough right?

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:34 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:I want to lynch you outright for this claim.

I follow a strict lynch all indies policy in forum mafia versus epic mafia where those claim are harder to fake.

Why would you claim this d1 as an Indy?

I'm not indie and never claimed indie. I didn't explicitly claim town on my first post (the one you quoted), but I claimed it on my second substantial post:

Madge wrote:RE: me and lynch protection: this power doesn't protect me from the lynch or make a lynch desireable for me. I win with town. If I get lynched it hurts my wincon because there are fewer townies in the game. Just in case that needed clarification.

If I was indie I would have claimed my wincon (OK, if I was SK or something I wouldn't have, obviously, but if I was SK or something I wouldn't risk drawing attention to myself by requesting votes: activating my power will help town - though obviously not as much as lynching well, so that's the priority)

Thanks Plytho for your post about Red Ryu and vote - I agree it's mighty suspicious how I'm being tunnelled on and at least one other person is getting into their head that I might have claimed or in any way implied to be indie.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:08 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Get at me Boomfrog. Red Ryu posted, should be enough right?

I should be working, but this game is too fun. Red Ryu is as off the charts as PW is.

I'd be happy with Red Ryu, JimBob, emerald, or Moody lynch but I think Red is my first choice. I'll take another look after work. Ideally, we have Red hammer Sir Gabriel.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 pm UTC

Vote Sir Gabriel

I don't believe his threat one bit.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Return to “Mafia”