Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Evil George Washington

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:25 am UTC

Sabrar: No. I have never played here before, first time. Zen and I were actually going to play a game here yet we never got around to it. I only have this account and Amidamarru. (You can see in the sign up thread I say that is me) I'm not sure why FrozenFlame confused me for someone in Dark Tower. It interested me and I have started reading Dark Tower to see why. We had only played in a game on MS, that is true.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:33 am UTC

Sabrar what do you get out of nitpicky mistakes like that?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:36 am UTC

Maven89 wrote:He already gave away his role
If you believe this then you must realize that he is no threat. Meanwhile if we lynch actual scum we can get rid of a night-ability that is harmful to us (roleblock, redirect, w/e).

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:40 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Sabrar what do you get out of nitpicky mistakes like that?

Possible connections. PW made his read original list without including his scum-buddy in the most recent game.
Also seeing how the player reacts can potentially help to determine whether it was an honest mistake.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:42 am UTC

Sorry for not posting earlier and posting more tonight, I got busy.

plytho wrote:Bessie, I am frickin serious, sorry.

You said BoomFrog was role fishing but (as Zyth also noticed) PW posted this:
Peaceful Whale wrote: I have a way of telling if someone is scum or not

So there's not a lot of fishing to be done. So when you said
bessie wrote: I recommend that for now, you do not claim or discuss your power.

After he pretty much already claimed it felt like you were trying to hide this info.

Now I'm thinking you missed that post?
Well then you’re pissing me off. I saw it. Quit fishing for information on Peaceful Whale’s role mechanics and targets.

plytho wrote:I have an unanswered question for bessie in this post. I also refer everyone thinking I’m scummy for my early defense of PW to that post.
Sorry I meant to answer this and don’t know why it slipped past me.
plytho wrote:Your ‘many many posts defending PW’ comment that I rolled my eyes at is between post 10 and 11. There’s the initial comment. 4 posts with me answering direct questions about it and my first reads list. I’m confused why this comes across as me overly defending PW. I made one point and answered questions about that one point. I don’t see what your problem is with that?
Half of your initial 10 posts were defending Peaceful Whale (or defending your defense of Peaceful Whale), and you don’t think that’s many many?
plytho wrote:I’m pretty sure I didn’t say the bolded (by me) part. I think I remember H_A saying something like that.
You keep going back to this:
plytho wrote: I'm thinking it's more same person, same joke rather

plytho wrote:So, bessie, do you think PW’s ‘reads list’ is a scum tell or a joke?
I think it is most certainly an overeager newbie attempting to make a joke. That does not preclude it from being a scum tell.

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote: Is Dark Horse inactive a solid direction in your eyes?
I’m not sure what you’re asking me, can you clarify please?

heuristically_alone wrote:Been out of town all weekend. Looks like I have quite a few pages to catch up on. I'll have some juicy reads for you all by end of day.
Guess he means end of day on Mercury.

Peaceful Whale wrote:Hmm, a character the kills anyone who voted for them, is that a suicide bomber? Or do they kill 2-4 people and die themselves?
The link explaining the role of suicide bomber has already been provided for you here. Reminder that in your previous game, one of the things that you did to appear newbie town was to “misunderstand” a lot of roles.
bessie wrote:GLaDOS is not a suicide bomber. In our previous game, you asked questions about almost every role that was mentioned in the game. The roles you brought up where you didn’t ask for explanations were roleblocker and role cop (the scum powers), and that inconsistency was one factor that outed you as scum (see here and here for examples). This might be an honest mistake but there’s also a possibility that suicide bomber is your role.

Spak wrote:
Madge wrote:Vote: Madge

I never vote D1 anyway, may as well vote for myself...

I've never liked self-votes, especially after RVS is over. It's a waste of a good tool in my opinion, and sometimes comes off as "Look at me, I'm not scared to have votes on me."
She’s self voting to try and activate her power.

Sabrar wrote:Actually interested if his replacement will come up with something new to save themselves so I'd like to not lynch him today.
WTF? How do you think a replacement could possibly dig themselves out of that claim? I don’t think I could do it.

Evil George Washington wrote:Usually there would be a replacement or search for replacement 24 hours after a prod.
It’s been 24 hours, even counting the weekend as half time. So… scum chat or shitty posting restriction?

Maven89 wrote:Despite that, I still want him lynched. The longer we keep him the more it throws the game off. If we keep him alive, then we're sacrificing a future day lynch. Night actions or any other events might pinpoint scum, but if Gabriel is alive there's we'd have to abandon it in order to kill him. The mafia aren't going to night kill him. Gabriel has got to go.
This makes a lot of sense. But as others have said, who’s going to willingly hammer?

Madge wrote:I'm not on board with lynching SirG (definitely not with being the hammerer), but that's mostly because Around Here indies tend to be relatively harmless and/or broadly pro-town. Does OS tend to have "dangerous indies" in their games?
Overswarm is not from Around Here. The consensus among the DGamers is that indies are neither relatively harmless nor broadly pro-town.

Still screwing around with this, but here's my current list:

town
Evil George Washington
mpolo
Madge
Maven89
#HBC | Zyth
Sabrar
FrozenFlame
Znirk
BoomFrog
heuristically_alone
moody7277
Spak
Peaceful Whale
plytho
jimbobmacdoodle
#HBC | Red Ryu
Gamma Emerald
SirGabriel
Dark Horse
scum

Ninja'd by a bunch.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:49 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Sabrar what do you get out of nitpicky mistakes like that?

Possible connections. PW made his read original list without including his scum-buddy in the most recent game.
Also seeing how the player reacts can potentially help to determine whether it was an honest mistake.

I am continuously astounded by your reference ability.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 am UTC

I still support a Dark Horse lynch too by the way.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:57 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:I am continuously astounded by your reference ability.
This is nothing. Just wait until he goes full throttle on D3. :D

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:08 am UTC

bessie wrote:WTF? How do you think a replacement could possibly dig themselves out of that claim? I don’t think I could do it.
Madge did it in WoT1, though I helped her a lot.

@Zen: thanks, I'm just wired in a weird way.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 am UTC

Quick post to give my preferred lynches following fast catch up:
Moody, Red Ryu, SirGabriel (although I agree, how do we get anyone to hammer?). Unsure about a fourth slot.

I will try to fill that last slot on my lunch break.

I should be around until roughly 11pm tomorrow UTC+2, so can switch votes up to then. I don't know what my ability to post in more depth is going to look like otherwise after lunch today.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:19 am UTC

bessie wrote:It’s been 24 hours, even counting the weekend as half time. So… scum chat or shitty posting restriction?

I meant 24 hours after a prod without responding to it / posting. (Sometimes it can be 48 hours but usually that's with longer deadlines) I think it may be a combination of rule 1 of activity and deadline section and rule 3 of special notes section. It's possible he's working on it in the background but doesn't want us to let us know the progress so that it doesn't influence the game.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:20 am UTC

3. I would like to actively encourage everyone to pressure players that are inactive and punish them by lynching them if necessary. I will replace players that need to be replaced, but the town shouldn't let that be an excuse to let players get away with staying quiet.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 am UTC

Madge wrote:Thanks Plytho for your post about Red Ryu and vote - I agree it's mighty suspicious how I'm being tunnelled on and at least one other person is getting into their head that I might have claimed or in any way implied to be indie.

While I appreciate your gratitude, I’m a bit confused. I corrected RR on your claim but I didn’t change my vote. My suspicion of you has increased because of the indie possibility.

Plan for Madge: She’s supposed to be town with 3 powers that need to be charged with votes. Risk: she’s actually indie that needs three half lynches to win.

If we get her the 6 votes she needs now she can prove her helpfulness with her power. If she proves it she’s more likely town and we can do it again. Risk: She’s indie that needs three half lynches to win but also gets powers? Solution: don’t do the third half lynch

Bigger risk: she only needs two half lynches to win and made up the third so we’d feel safe to do the second. How devious is Madge?

Ooh, bessie posted:

bessie wrote:Half of your initial 10 posts were defending Peaceful Whale (or defending your defense of Peaceful Whale), and you don’t think that’s many many?
Yeah it’s a bunch but what bothers me about your emphasis here is that you make it sound like I go out of my way to keep talking about this while I’m just answering questions. There’s a big difference between me talking about pw without being prompted and me answering questions about my stance on him. I feel like your ‘many many’ accusation implies the unprompted, that bothers me.
bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:I’m pretty sure I didn’t say the bolded (by me) part. I think I remember H_A saying something like that.
bessie wrote: I’m saying he’s falling back on what he did last game because it’s all he knows.
These are not the same but I don’t think getting into this is useful.
bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:So, bessie, do you think PW’s ‘reads list’ is a scum tell or a joke?
I think it is most certainly an overeager newbie attempting to make a joke. That does not preclude it from being a scum tell.
So it’s Sabrar: scum tell, you: could be scum tell, me: not scum tell, all the rest follows from this :)

bessie wrote:Quit fishing for information on Peaceful Whale’s role mechanics and targets.
I’m doing nothing of the sort.

Four lynch candidates:
Dark Horse, Red Ryu, Gamma Emerald, moody7277
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:33 am UTC

I'd rather people use their votes for major wagons instead anyway. That way we have information not just from the major lynch wagon but the counter wagon that lost.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:34 am UTC

Wow, this thing blows up when I'm in RL night.

Barely keeping up at this point.

I would say that SirGabriel is not the biggest priority right now. I don't believe "pure survivor" as a win-con, since if he convinced us that was the case, it is a fairly easy win-con. No idea what he would have as a win-con, though.

I am pretty much agreeing with the consensus that Spak, Red Ryu and Gamma Emerald are the worst at the moment, though Spak has been lurking hard enough that I completely missed his posts, so I have little feeling at all about him other than lurkitude.

With moody, a lot of people that I am tending to trust find him suspicious, but I need to try to get a tunnel re-read on him to see if I agree on that front. I'm not sure how my time is going to go there.

Real Life: I go in to the hospital for an overnight stay tomorrow. I don't know if they have public WLAN there, so I may be offline for those 36 hours or so. I will try to get a vote down beforehand (and send night action in case I get held an extra day or something like that). Because of the operation, I will not be going away for the weekend, and my participation should stabilize.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:42 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:I still support a Dark Horse lynch too by the way.
The only problem with that is we can't force him to hammer SirGabriel.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:47 am UTC

I'm not worried about that. We can take care of Sir Gabe D2, possibly having Peace Whale hammer if we need him to. Today, we lynch Dark Horse.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:47 am UTC

Sabrar, let's move to Dark Horse. Unvote; Vote: Dark Horse

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 am UTC

I'd be fine with that but don't you want to wait until others also post their list?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:52 am UTC

I wanted to move my vote now to something I see have increasing support so it can have momentum. I'm going to sleep soon so I'd rather have the vote out so people can come to Dark Horse. If any of you guys could tally the lists for me during the day that would be awesome, as I work at 4pm later in the day.That way if there happens to be more support for someone else then I can at least see what I need to switch to.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 am UTC

So if you'd like you can wait and decide based on the list if you want.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:The only problem with that is we can't force him to hammer SirGabriel.

Why is this a problem, though? Do we want him only to die via Gabe?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 am UTC

No, but it'd be preferable if we could get rid of 2 non-town players at once. Unfortunately I totally agree with plytho, actual scum won't cooperate so it might not matter anyway.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:05 am UTC

Alright, well I'm going to sleep now. Talk to you all later.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:16 am UTC

I said I'll hammer if we need to, I'm not all that important.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:43 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I'm not sure I care to invite right now, Madge is the one who needs the votes to get her/his ability right? Anyone else who's got something like this? I'll vote for you :P unless it's like a nuke...
Don’t rolefish!
Madge wrote:I will happily vote for the lynch leader to hammer regardless of if I get my 6 votes or not (I will be awake at deadline! It's in fact during my usual lunch break! How very courteous, deadline-setter!).
How about we don’t get too close to deadline for the hammer?

I still need to review my four most townie reads from my list 9 :shock: pages ago.

Evil George Washington
Maven89
Peaceful Whale
Bessie

Nothing they’ve said has pinged me in any way so they’re still on the strong townie side. I’ll see if I have time to reread them properly but other things might take priority.

Btw I’d like Sabrar, BoomFrog, Zen and FrozenFlame to explain how ‘forcing’ an unwilling player to hammer SirG is supposed to work?

Peaceful Whale wrote:I said I'll hammer if we need to, I'm not all that important.
I don’t think that’s a good plan for now. I’d like scum to be afraid of redirects for at least a couple of nights before we sacrifice a townie on the bomb. Also, saying you’re not all that important isn’t a good thing for a townie to say. It makes it easier for scum to find and kill power roles.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:49 am UTC

Should I say that I'm super important?

"Hey scum! Kill me!!!" :P
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:52 am UTC

plytho wrote:Btw I’d like Sabrar, BoomFrog, Zen and FrozenFlame to explain how ‘forcing’ an unwilling player to hammer SirG is supposed to work?
I've just agreed with you that it won't work.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:33 am UTC

plytho wrote:Red Ryu: has an irl reason for his current lack of posting but early posts are stilll the worst. Still my top lynch target if we can’t count on DH being replaced.
Was this what you meant to write (i.e 'if DH is not replaced I want to lynch Ryu')? If DH is replaced then suddenly Ryu will not be your top lynch target?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:35 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:This might be useful for people who have issues accessing the site.
flicky1991 wrote:DGamers might not be aware but this forum exists at three URLs:

forums.xkcd.com
fora.xkcd.com
echochamber. me

It's possible your work doesn't block all three (e.g. my mobile internet blocks both the xkcd ones but not the echochamber one).

Thanks flicky!

I'll try these today.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:37 am UTC

bessie wrote:Sorry for not posting earlier and posting more tonight, I got busy.

plytho wrote:Bessie, I am frickin serious, sorry.

You said BoomFrog was role fishing but (as Zyth also noticed) PW posted this:
Peaceful Whale wrote: I have a way of telling if someone is scum or not

So there's not a lot of fishing to be done. So when you said
bessie wrote: I recommend that for now, you do not claim or discuss your power.

After he pretty much already claimed it felt like you were trying to hide this info.

Now I'm thinking you missed that post?
Well then you’re pissing me off. I saw it. Quit fishing for information on Peaceful Whale’s role mechanics and targets.

plytho wrote:I have an unanswered question for bessie in this post. I also refer everyone thinking I’m scummy for my early defense of PW to that post.
Sorry I meant to answer this and don’t know why it slipped past me.
plytho wrote:Your ‘many many posts defending PW’ comment that I rolled my eyes at is between post 10 and 11. There’s the initial comment. 4 posts with me answering direct questions about it and my first reads list. I’m confused why this comes across as me overly defending PW. I made one point and answered questions about that one point. I don’t see what your problem is with that?
Half of your initial 10 posts were defending Peaceful Whale (or defending your defense of Peaceful Whale), and you don’t think that’s many many?

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote: Is Dark Horse inactive a solid direction in your eyes?
I’m not sure what you’re asking me, can you clarify please?

heuristically_alone wrote:Been out of town all weekend. Looks like I have quite a few pages to catch up on. I'll have some juicy reads for you all by end of day.
Guess he means end of day on Mercury.

Peaceful Whale wrote:Hmm, a character the kills anyone who voted for them, is that a suicide bomber? Or do they kill 2-4 people and die themselves?
The link explaining the role of suicide bomber has already been provided for you here. Reminder that in your previous game, one of the things that you did to appear newbie town was to “misunderstand” a lot of roles.
bessie wrote:GLaDOS is not a suicide bomber. In our previous game, you asked questions about almost every role that was mentioned in the game. The roles you brought up where you didn’t ask for explanations were roleblocker and role cop (the scum powers), and that inconsistency was one factor that outed you as scum (see here and here for examples). This might be an honest mistake but there’s also a possibility that suicide bomber is your role.

Spak wrote:
Madge wrote:Vote: Madge

I never vote D1 anyway, may as well vote for myself...

I've never liked self-votes, especially after RVS is over. It's a waste of a good tool in my opinion, and sometimes comes off as "Look at me, I'm not scared to have votes on me."
She’s self voting to try and activate her power.

Sabrar wrote:Actually interested if his replacement will come up with something new to save themselves so I'd like to not lynch him today.
WTF? How do you think a replacement could possibly dig themselves out of that claim? I don’t think I could do it.

Evil George Washington wrote:Usually there would be a replacement or search for replacement 24 hours after a prod.
It’s been 24 hours, even counting the weekend as half time. So… scum chat or shitty posting restriction?

Maven89 wrote:Despite that, I still want him lynched. The longer we keep him the more it throws the game off. If we keep him alive, then we're sacrificing a future day lynch. Night actions or any other events might pinpoint scum, but if Gabriel is alive there's we'd have to abandon it in order to kill him. The mafia aren't going to night kill him. Gabriel has got to go.
This makes a lot of sense. But as others have said, who’s going to willingly hammer?

Madge wrote:I'm not on board with lynching SirG (definitely not with being the hammerer), but that's mostly because Around Here indies tend to be relatively harmless and/or broadly pro-town. Does OS tend to have "dangerous indies" in their games?
Overswarm is not from Around Here. The consensus among the DGamers is that indies are neither relatively harmless nor broadly pro-town.

Still screwing around with this, but here's my current list:

town
Evil George Washington
mpolo
Madge
Maven89
#HBC | Zyth
Sabrar
FrozenFlame
Znirk
BoomFrog
heuristically_alone
moody7277
Spak
Peaceful Whale
plytho
jimbobmacdoodle
#HBC | Red Ryu
Gamma Emerald
SirGabriel
Dark Horse
scum

Ninja'd by a bunch.

Is Dark Horse inactive solid for town to lynch? And if so why would you consider him #1 scum?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:45 am UTC

@Red Ryu: I know full well how time-consuming and frustrating it is to delete the unnecessary parts of a big quote but could you please make an effort anyway? It would help with the readability of your content and the thread in general.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:49 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
plytho wrote:Btw I’d like Sabrar, BoomFrog, Zen and FrozenFlame to explain how ‘forcing’ an unwilling player to hammer SirG is supposed to work?
I've just agreed with you that it won't work.

But you thought it could work before. Why was that?

Sabrar wrote:
plytho wrote:Red Ryu: has an irl reason for his current lack of posting but early posts are stilll the worst. Still my top lynch target if we can’t count on DH being replaced.
Was this what you meant to write (i.e 'if DH is not replaced I want to lynch Ryu')? If DH is replaced then suddenly Ryu will not be your top lynch target?
It's not, should be "unless we can't count on DH being replaced."

Sabrar wrote:@Red Ryu: I know full well how time-consuming and frustrating it is to delete the unnecessary parts of a big quote but could you please make an effort anyway? It would help with the readability of your content and the thread in general.
I agree, maybe copying the link to the post you're talking about is easier?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:01 pm UTC

plytho wrote:But you thought it could work before. Why was that?
Actually I never thought that (this also contributed to my unwillingness to lynch SirGabriel). I admit I phrased this poorly due to being in a hurry. Pressuring someone to hammer the bomb is a good way to 'test' that player which we cannot do with a complete lurker.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:10 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
plytho wrote:But you thought it could work before. Why was that?
Actually I never thought that (this also contributed to my unwillingness to lynch SirGabriel). I admit I phrased this poorly due to being in a hurry. Pressuring someone to hammer the bomb is a good way to 'test' that player which we cannot do with a complete lurker.
Is it, though? I don't see how?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:Quit fishing for information on Peaceful Whale’s role mechanics and targets.
I’m doing nothing of the sort.
There is absolutely no need to rolefish PW, his claims regarding it are so all over the place that they cannot be all true at the same time.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Is it, though? I don't see how?
There are players who are willing to take one for the team. Acceptance of being the hammer vote is a townie-point, though nothing more.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:26 pm UTC

My thoughts on lynching Dark Horse are that we shouldn't today. If we don't, one of three things will happen tomorrow: either 1) Dark Horse will be replaced, in which case we can judge by the replacements content, 2) He continues to lurk and not post, in which case, we should lynch him tomorrow (I can't believe the mod would not replace somebody after a full day without content, unless that player has explicitly specified that they won't be posting, or they are participating in scum-chat or similar), or 3) Dark Horse returns and starts posting, explaining why they didn't post on D1 (RL issues, posting restriction, crazy tactic, whatever). I don't think lynching them at this point is the way forward as town!replacement should be able to produce useful content.

I'm looking at what the players that others want to lynch have said to try to fill my fourth scum slot. Here are my thoughts on those I've read:
Spak - I actually quite like his arguments and points he makes. Although he's not posted much, what he has posted is quite reasonable. It would be good to get some more reads from him on other players, but he's a town lean for me.
Gamma Emerald - Very little content, and certainly less than Red Ryu, so I'm liking the idea of moving my vote to there, if others want to as well. He seems inordinately obsessed with the details of claims - see his discussion about mpolo's claim, Madge's claim (and subsequent role-fishing), and SirGabriel's claim. I have no issue with him answering a question directed elsewhere (in that I don't think it's a scum-tell). There's very little obvious scum-hunting - there was a tiny bit around Peaceful Whale, and maybe a bit around BoomFrog early on, over the claiming issue, but that looks like it.
Red Ryu - updated, based on his more recent posts. I like his comments directed at EGW over lynching Dark Horse, mainly because he indirectly suggests himself as a possible lynch target instead. His reads are a bit meh. In particular, he puts moody as his second-choice lynch target, but posts absolutely nothing about him.

@Gamma Emerald - did you believe that mpolo was more likely to be scum because of his claim, or town, or was it a neutral claim from your point of view?

Gamma Emerald has joined my "would lynch" pile. I'm happy to lynch any of Gamma Emerald, moody, Red Ryu, or SirGabriel.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:28 pm UTC

EBWOP: I will have a chance tonight to check-in briefly, and then hopefully have a bit of time tomorrow evening and move my vote onto whichever wagon we are wanting to lynch (as long as it's one of my four). In the meantime, I will continue monitoring the thread on and off for the next few hours, and can respond to brief questions, hopefully.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:34 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
plytho wrote:Is it, though? I don't see how?
There are players who are willing to take one for the team. Acceptance of being the hammer vote is a townie-point, though nothing more.
So, not actually a good way to test a player? Refuse to be the hammer: null. Accept to be the hammer: you get a townie point, now die and flip townie. The people whose test result you can use D2 have a null result. The people whose result is 'townie point' are dead.

Return to “Mafia”