Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:38 pm UTC

Current tally:

Code: Select all

Moody           6
Red Ryu         6
Gamma Emerald   5
SirGabriel      3
Dark Horse      2
Spak            2
BoomFrog        1
jimbob          1

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:39 pm UTC

I'm thinking there's a giant difference in regular play here with all of those role claims. They all make me uneasy but I'm just going to have to deal with them.

Gabriel needs to die at some point, there's normally no shared wins, one faction wins and that's it. It's entirely possible Gabriel is just a survivor and can win with other factions, it's possible he won't as well. His action to double a vote could possibly screw us over if the target isn't told about it, it could help us as well, but since he wins if he gets 3 targets killed than I doubt anyone else would win too.

Despite that, I'm going to have to accept Sir Gabriel not being today's lynch. I'm not going to vote for him, because I don't want to die. I assume the bomb would kill the hammer, it could also be a random kill of anyone on his lynch. Since we have a redirect, and there's a chance the person is town, then the best case scenario is mpolo uses Gabriel as his target destination. It could also serve as a good test for mpolo.

I also don't want to lynch Darkhorse today. We have replacements, Darkhorse can be replaced. He literally hasn't posted a single thing. The best case would be to lynch someone who is not going to be replaced but missing just as much, especially if they have scummy content. The best person for that is Gamma Emerald.

Gamma Emerald wrote:Hi, I am a he, jsyk. I've been slowly binging the comic this forum is dedicated to.
Probably will read Peaceful Whale's games later, just to see how he opens. For now I'm gonna
Vote FrozenFlame
Because he needs to die this time.
PEdit: co-lynched? is that what I think it is because I'm gonna try to abuse the hell out of it if it is. Is that lynching two people tied at votes at day end?


Gamma Emerald wrote:Ah.
I actually won a Lovers 8p by only lynching town that had scum partners.
Also mpolo's role sound Nexus/Mass Redirector-y. Maybe a decent lynch?

Gamma Emerald wrote:@Peaceful Whale: is that question directed to me?
@moody: it's more "this is a safe lynch if we need one", as it's not a super-vital role, like Cop.


His point for lynching Mpolo is that his role "isnt' super vital like cop". Not that it's a scum role, but literally that it's "not a vital role". This is incredibly scummy and seems to be acting from the perspective that mpolo is town.

Gamma Emerald wrote:@Zyth: I think his main issue is being called scum not being scumread. He just used bad wording.


This is the single post where he "contributes" and it's to defend the wording of H_A. That's it.

Gamma Emerald wrote:@Zyth: I've played with Ranmaru 3 times on mafiascum, including the game with Frozenflame.
As for Madge's claim it looks interesting. Madge, do you gain a shot of an ability each time or the ability to use it for the rest of the game?


Blatantly rolefishing Madge

Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh cool it seems sir G claimed indie? what type?


And again. That's it. Other than a single post where he defends HA, that's all the content we've gotten from Gamma Emerald. None of it is scum hunting, none of it is helping town, or even pretending to. It's just blatant role fishing. Red Ryu's content isn't half this bad.

Vote: Gamma Emerald

Evil George Washington/Zynth/Sabar/Bessie/Plythos/Peaceful Whale/Everyone come vote with me

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:40 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Accept to be the hammer: you get a townie point, now die and flip townie.
Nope, acceptance of being the hammer does not equal being the actual hammer when it comes to it. Wagons can change in the last hours/minutes.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:55 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
plytho wrote:Accept to be the hammer: you get a townie point, now die and flip townie.
Nope, acceptance of being the hammer does not equal being the actual hammer when it comes to it. Wagons can change in the last hours/minutes.

Ok, so there's a marginal scenario where someone accepts the hammer and the wagon changes where you result in someone surviving with a townie point. Still not something I'd call a good test.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:59 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Still not something I'd call a good test.
At least 5% more likely to produce a result than my joke-vote on FrozenFlame which was still better than the 0% chance any other joke-vote would have given. I take what I get.

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:00 pm UTC

Sabrar why are you not voting for gamma Emerald?

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby moody7277 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:05 pm UTC

4 top lynchables: red ryu, Gamma, Dark Horse, BoomFrog

Current tally:

Code: Select all

Red Ryu         7
Moody           6
Gamma Emerald   6
SirGabriel      3
Dark Horse      3
Spak            2
BoomFrog        2
jimbob          1
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:06 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:4 top lynchables: red ryu, Gamma, Dark Horse, BoomFrog

Current tally:

Code: Select all

Red Ryu         7
Moody           6
Gamma Emerald   6
SirGabriel      3
Dark Horse      3
Spak            2
BoomFrog        2
jimbob          1


Vote for someone

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby moody7277 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:13 pm UTC

Maven89 wrote:
moody7277 wrote:4 top lynchables: red ryu, Gamma, Dark Horse, BoomFrog

Current tally:

Code: Select all

Red Ryu         7
Moody           6
Gamma Emerald   6
SirGabriel      3
Dark Horse      3
Spak            2
BoomFrog        2
jimbob          1


Vote for someone


I'm already voting red ryu.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:16 pm UTC

I got it to work at work, thanks for the alt urls.

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:22 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
Maven89 wrote:
moody7277 wrote:4 top lynchables: red ryu, Gamma, Dark Horse, BoomFrog

Current tally:

Code: Select all

Red Ryu         7
Moody           6
Gamma Emerald   6
SirGabriel      3
Dark Horse      3
Spak            2
BoomFrog        2
jimbob          1


Vote for someone


I'm already voting red ryu.


Why do you believe he's scummier then Gamma Emerald?

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby moody7277 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:34 pm UTC

At this point, they are about equivalently scummy. I'd be just as happy to lynch Gamma if that was where everyone else were going.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:55 pm UTC

Zen, give me your read on whale thus far.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:00 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Zen, give me your read on whale thus far.


Also, all the other reads:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Read list is coming up for real this time.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm UTC

Plytho, I want you to address me directly on this.

Where exactly do you stand on Whale? I asked this earlier trying to get some discussion going but I don't think I ever got a confirmed answer. Do you think he is playing loose and goofy or do you think he actually playing silly as scum. I still would like an answer on this since this is a stance I'd like to see more nailed down.

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm UTC

Missed that from Zen, I'll wait on that then.

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:03 pm UTC

Vote Count 1.8
Frozenflame (1): Gamma Emerald
Madge (2): Madge, SirGabriel
BoomFrog (1): Spak
Red Ryu (3): plytho, jimbobmacdoodle, moody7277
jimbobmacdoodle (1): Frozenflame
SirGabriel (2): BoomFrog, #HBC | Red Ryu
moody7277 (1): Sabrar
Dark Horse (2): #HBC | Zyth, Evil George Washington
Gamma Emerald (1): Maven89

Not Voting (6): heuristically_alone, Bessie, Dark Horse, Znirk, mpolo, Peaceful Whale

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!

Deadline Clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/basketball?iso=20170913T235959&p0=198&msg=D1+End&font=sanserif

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:04 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:#HBC | Red Ryu - Several questions, nothing else apart from a PeacefulWhale vote.
@Red Ryu - is your vote a joke vote, or is there some reasoning behind it? If the latter, care to explain what you find suspicious about him?


I can address this now, I did it to start the game with some discussion before everything went upside down for me on work and other things.

Vote was never super serious, wanted to make it and see where that would lead for discussion and some other players in terms of stances on that players.

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:08 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Zen, give me your read on whale thus far.


Also, all the other reads:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Read list is coming up for real this time.


Plytho why are you voting Red Ryu over Gamma?

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:16 pm UTC

I don't like heuristically_alone's early posts in RVS or even past that. They are either empty or really don't tell me much about his stances nor really productive direction.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:16 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Plytho, I want you to address me directly on this.

Where exactly do you stand on Whale? I asked this earlier trying to get some discussion going but I don't think I ever got a confirmed answer. Do you think he is playing loose and goofy or do you think he actually playing silly as scum. I still would like an answer on this since this is a stance I'd like to see more nailed down.
I think he's newbie town. I don't think he's putting up an act. Pretty sure I've answered this somewhere.

Maven89 wrote:Plytho why are you voting Red Ryu over Gamma?
I'm fine with either lynch. Maybe Gamma is starting to look slightly scummier than Red Ryu but I'm a bit wary of the "vote this slot with me" thing DGamers seem to enjoy.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 pm UTC

Maven89 wrote:Heads up: Dgames mafia play is semi mean spirited, never take anything a dgamer says about play to be personal, we're all a bunch of uneducated braggarts who curse like sailors and insist players should crawl back into their mother's wombs to be aborted when we want to lynch them (I kid)(semi).

@Peaceful Whale: If you had to kill one person, who would it be? You must pick one persona and give a reason.

Sabrar wrote:
Maven89 wrote:3. It's probably useless to try and guess the setup beyond something basic until more roles are revealed, and even then it'd be difficult. We normally frown on it.
Why? It occasionally helps with catching scum when they reveal too much info.


Because players end up making decisions on information that's (essentially) pulled out of their ass. I also don't see why scum would ever reveal more about the setup than what's already been revealed, if they would do so, than they'd be making scum slips regardless. Most we really do for setup is try to figure out how many scum/independents there might be after we have a ballpark number (cult leader flipped, second mafia faction revealed, independent or two is gone), or maybe use it to argue that a claim is fake (ex: no way town would have a cop, doc, jailer and rb). But since this is a crazy power role game, even that could result in us shooting ourselves in the foot.

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@FrozenFlame, Sabrar - Why was PeacefulWhale's reads list scummy?
I've linked to it here. He did exactly the same thing as scum in Fridge Mafia.

Sabrar wrote:Yes. With a new player I don't expect a lot of changes overnight in his/her thought patterns so I assume Peaceful Whale's mind was at a similar place as last game when he was scum.


This is really weak.


moody7277 wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Him declining to use it N0 gives him some townie points.
Why do you automatically believe mpolo when he says he didn't use his power N0?


Because there haven't been any signs of power use chaos yet. We got one of those in Scooby mafia, and it actually helped to get a bunch of townies confirmed (although if I remember correctly the redirector himself was independently aligned). Obviously if he did lie about this, I'm going to vote him with extreme prejudice.

Unvote



Please explain what possible confirmation you expect us to have?

moody7277 wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Because there haven't been any signs of power use chaos yet.
How would you know with no claims? How could anyone tell for example if a Cop investigated someone else than his/her intended target?


Well, I guess I'm violating that whole "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" deal.


No. Please explain exactly what you expect us to have if he did use that role, and why we would have it.

moody7277 wrote:Let me see if I can describe what happened in Scooby mafia consicely.

mpolo had a cop
I had a tracker
Vytron had the redirect

mpolo got a scum result on another player
Vytron said he redirected mpolo from that player to me
I got the result that tracked mpolo to me (the way copping in that game worked meant I was a miller, but I digress)

Now, I know that something like this neat sowing circle is rare. My guess on why we haven't heard any claims is a combo of cagey players plus no interesting results. I figure that Sabrar making sure I'm careful about assumptions is a good idea.


This is dodging the question of why you automatically believe Mpolo is telling the truth. Unless you're saying you expect this to happen every time, and for everyone to out it, but you yourself say it's rare so I'm not sure what you're expecting.

plytho wrote:
Znirk wrote:-> Peaceful Whale: We played together recently. You were scum using your youth and newbitude as a bit of a smokescreen. Now that you can no longer claim to be an utterly confused newbie, what would you say are the most important things you have learned (to do, how to act, what to look out for) over the course of your first couple of games?
Peaceful Whale wrote:I think the most important thing is not looking like scum, it can distract from actual scum hunting, and maybe become a mislynch. Post good read lists (that one was a joke) and be helpful. Try to scum hunt, use your ability wisely.
The bolded (by me) part is the most important for scum, not for town. Town need to find scum and lynch them.


I am not a fan of Peaceful Whale's play, but in this post Zynth specifically asked him what the most important thing he learned from his previous game was, not what the most important thing for a townie in general. Since he followed up his "don't act like scum" line with "because you might get mislynched" (which, btw, is an incredibly important part of being town), I see whale's response to be null (dunno if that's slang here, it means neither towny nor scummy)

BoomFrog wrote:What a rollercoaster! My vote for Whale was initially to pile on the pressure and I found Sabrar's comment unfounded and scummy, but the link to the past* post was quite convincing. Which means my vote is now quite serious and Sabrar returns to neutral pending PW's flip.


I hate this sentence.

BoomFrog wrote:Scum points to FrozenFlame for agreeing with Sabrar unless I hear a good explination of his logic.


You're agreeing with Sabar? So you think Whale is scum, please explain why this would mean Frozenflame agreeing with Sabar that Whale is scummy makes Frozenflame scummy.

Sabrar wrote:Anyway, I think that anytime a player points out something in his own defense and says something along the lines of 'see that? surely I can't be scum, scum would never do that' then this automatically becomes a huge wine. OTOH if another player (preferably an Innocent Child :) ) comes along, points to the same thing on his own and says 'I don't think he would do that as scum' then the same evidence suddenly appears in a completely different light and will be attributed more weight.
I feel this also applies to such questions like 'why are you Town?' and 'show me where you hunted scum'. YMMV


I'm confused by your terms wine and OTOH. do player's really not defend themselves here? I think that's bizarre.

Spak wrote:I'm not a huge fan of people role claiming this early on, but I'm not sure if I'd call a role claim this early scummy because he could've been trying to find us a way out of RVS.



This is the pro-town reason he would do so, but from what I've seen this place has zero problem getting out of RVS. Claiming early when there's no need to, and claiming a role that seems scummy, is suspect. I also want to ask everyone else that's not from dgames: are bus driver's normally town here? On the mafia wiki, it says they're a pro-town role, but on dgames they're almost always scum. Hence, the player could think he could safely claim a "pro-town" role early on.

I don't want to lynch mr.polo for it (yet), I want him to respond and explain himself.


However, now that I've read up (forgive me, I'm not remembering everyone's names), Unvote: Mrpolo

Vote: Peaceful Whale

For the vast amount he's posted, he's revealed absolutely nothing and contributed nothing. He claimed he's post his reads, but then never did, instead he posted random nonsense hinting at a power role. I strongly, strongly suggest that he post his reads, who he thinks is scummy or town, and does so quickly, or gets lynched.

Second choice would be the guy with the Grinch avatar, his read list is incredibly contradictory. Third choice is the guy who talked about how he automatically believe that mpolo didn't use his ability.

I don't have town reads, but the closest is Zynth and Sabar, both of whom have not crossed any lines for me. I'd not recommend their lynches today at this time


I don't get this thought process of this quote chain.

You seemed to at the bolded imply that Whale's answer is townie, I strongly disagree everyone in mafia wants to survive regardless of role unless they role jester. You think is answer implies it was townie, in your own opinion with reasoning, but then turn around and say he's posting nonsense.

Look I get it, he's a liability in endgame discussion like FF says later, but if you think his answer was townie, why would we want to pressure him more on this? If it's to make him productive sure, but to lynch him over it? Why this kind of priority? Maybe this is due to me not really seeing strong scum actions from his posting, or maybe I suck at reading newer players.

I still do not follow this line of thought from the bolded to where your vote went.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:23 pm UTC

Maven89 wrote:Sabrar why are you not voting for gamma Emerald?
Why would I? Just because you told me to?

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:32 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Plytho, I want you to address me directly on this.

Where exactly do you stand on Whale? I asked this earlier trying to get some discussion going but I don't think I ever got a confirmed answer. Do you think he is playing loose and goofy or do you think he actually playing silly as scum. I still would like an answer on this since this is a stance I'd like to see more nailed down.
I think he's newbie town. I don't think he's putting up an act. Pretty sure I've answered this somewhere.

Maven89 wrote:Plytho why are you voting Red Ryu over Gamma?
I'm fine with either lynch. Maybe Gamma is starting to look slightly scummier than Red Ryu but I'm a bit wary of the "vote this slot with me" thing DGamers seem to enjoy.


I might find it later.

Also the whole, "Vote with me and be on my team" survivor tv show style stuff is a Dgames kind of thing. Some players try to be town leader.

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:33 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Maven89 wrote:Sabrar why are you not voting for gamma Emerald?
Why would I? Just because you told me to?


No, because of his content that I posted. Do you argue it's not scummy?

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:34 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
Maven89 wrote:Plytho why are you voting Red Ryu over Gamma?
I'm fine with either lynch. Maybe Gamma is starting to look slightly scummier than Red Ryu but I'm a bit wary of the "vote this slot with me" thing DGamers seem to enjoy.


It's to force people to respond to the push and state why they're not supporting it so if the person turns out scum there's plenty of evidence

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:40 pm UTC

Maven89 wrote:No, because of his content that I posted. Do you argue it's not scummy?
I agree it's scummy, it's just that moody is scummier. His read list is super bad, noone is more than slightly scummy, Red Ryu is 'neutral to slightly scummy' so should not be at the bottom, still he gets the vote purely because moody wants to survive.

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:49 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
TOWN
Madge
Evil George Washington
bessie
Maven
FrozenFlame
Zen
mpolo
heuristically_alone
Spak
BoomFrog
Red Ryu
Znirk
Gamma Emerald
jimbob
moody
SCUM


moody7277 wrote:town:
bessie, EGW, Zyth, jimbob, Madge, Maven, Sabrar

indie:
SirG

neutral:
FrozenFlame, mpolo, plytho, Znirk

lynchable:
BoomFrog, Red Ryu, Gamma Emerald, heury, PW, Dark Horse, Spak



Outside of Jimbob it's almost the exact same as yours

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:54 pm UTC

Could someone please summarize (or like to) the Moody push for me? He was way too quick to declare mpolo town but I remember other people having more points against him

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:57 pm UTC

What I found scummy about moody was the complete lack of scumhunting. He doesn't ask any questions.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:58 pm UTC

Maven89 wrote:It's to force people to respond to the push and state why they're not supporting it so if the person turns out scum there's plenty of evidence

I understand but it also feels like you're trying to get me off my current target.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:03 pm UTC

I hope to get more time on this, but the last summary from Maven has me convinced that Gamma Emerald is a good lynch target. We have a classic "active" lurk situation. Several posts are role-fishing. I hadn't noticed the point about the reason for suggesting me as a lynch candidate, as I am always leery of falling into an OMGUS attitude if I've been voted for a poor reason.

For now, then:

Vote: Gamma Emerald

Without specifying any more about my role's means of functioning, what is the feeling about using it? I could try to get a scum player to target GladOS, though this is not extremely straightforward to achieve. If there is confusion from results on the following day, of course I would be forthcoming with an explanation. What do you all think?
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:35 pm UTC

Maven89 wrote:Outside of Jimbob it's almost the exact same as yours
Define 'almost the exact same' because fmpov there are some huge differences.

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 pm UTC

plytho wrote:What I found scummy about moody was the complete lack of scumhunting. He doesn't ask any questions.


Looked through his post, this is definitely true.

plytho wrote:I understand but it also feels like you're trying to get me off my current target.


Honestly, I am. I feel Gamma Emerald has done all that the other lynch candidates have, but to a far greater degree.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:54 pm UTC

Well, looks like Gamma is here to defend himself so I'll see what that looks like before I switch.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm UTC

Spak wrote:
Madge wrote:Vote: Madge

I never vote D1 anyway, may as well vote for myself...

I've never liked self-votes, especially after RVS is over. It's a waste of a good tool in my opinion, and sometimes comes off as "Look at me, I'm not scared to have votes on me."

I don't like this. He seems to be deliberately ignoring the context to force this. scummy imo.
Maven89 wrote:Gamma Emerald: Done almost nothing, only noticeable post is to directly rolefish Madge. Scum, I want to lynch.

Directly rolefish? I just wanted to know how worth our time it was to activate their powers. If it was just one shot for each I wasn't going to waste my time with it.
Evil George Washington wrote:Moody --- Spak --- Red Ryu --- Gamma Emerald

I like that you suspect Spak too but why are you suspecting me? I want to know what you think is scummy/aligning with my scumplay because I don't think my play is really feeling that way.
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Has Gamma Emerald posted?

Have you read the game?
I might be okay with lynching Red Ryu just for this tbh
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Gamma Emerald - Very little content, and certainly less than Red Ryu, so I'm liking the idea of moving my vote to there, if others want to as well. He seems inordinately obsessed with the details of claims - see his discussion about mpolo's claim, Madge's claim (and subsequent role-fishing), and SirGabriel's claim. I have no issue with him answering a question directed elsewhere (in that I don't think it's a scum-tell). There's very little obvious scum-hunting - there was a tiny bit around Peaceful Whale, and maybe a bit around BoomFrog early on, over the claiming issue, but that looks like it.
...
@Gamma Emerald - did you believe that mpolo was more likely to be scum because of his claim, or town, or was it a neutral claim from your point of view?

Gamma Emerald has joined my "would lynch" pile. I'm happy to lynch any of Gamma Emerald, moody, Red Ryu, or SirGabriel.

My asking about Sir G's claim was because I had no time to look at it myself, sorry for trying to get info quickly. As for mpolo's claim, it's neutral for me.
Maven89 wrote:His point for lynching Mpolo is that his role "isnt' super vital like cop". Not that it's a scum role, but literally that it's "not a vital role". This is incredibly scummy and seems to be acting from the perspective that mpolo is town.
...
Gamma Emerald wrote:@Zyth: I've played with Ranmaru 3 times on mafiascum, including the game with Frozenflame.
As for Madge's claim it looks interesting. Madge, do you gain a shot of an ability each time or the ability to use it for the rest of the game?


Blatantly rolefishing Madge

I wasn't saying "I want to lynch mpolo", I was saying if we came to deadline without a good lead that might be an okay lynch. I come from a community which has issues getting lynches through on the first few days due to no one wanting to point fingers so my mindset is set to think about who would be acceptable lynches if that issue arises. As for "rolefishing", I didn't ask what powers Madge had, just whether the powers were single-use. Also I feel like something has been skipped in your analysis just by the fact I remember saying more than this. What were you looking for here?

Honestly I think most of these issues have arisen from the fact I haven't been around a whole lot. Unfortunately, I'm trying to not shit up my sleep schedule since I'm in college and have to be awake for classes, so pardon me for not being able to engage every second of the day. Just from catcing up from my last post my "4 I would lynch" list looks like
Spak: ignoring context when they look to be aware of it
Red Ryu: Seems to have skipped the beginning of the game
Maven: looks to be skipping around looking for scummy things instead of actually sorting me
Sir Gabriel: claimed Indie, and from what I've seen catching up, their wincon doesn't look like it's in town's interest to aid.

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm UTC

Vote Spak
This is my most definitive scumread rn so I'm voting here

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:13 pm UTC

@Bessie: I'm taking you up on your offer. I'd like you to do a reread of Moody.

@plytho: I agree, logistically we are not going to get Sir G lynched today, we are too close to deadline. However, ignoring the logistics it is superior to a regular lynch because the two outcomes are, lynch scum or misslynch town and Sir G. But to reiterate, it's not going to happen today, it's too awkward to organize this late.

Everyone should be ignoring Sir G at this point. A vote on him is wasted right now.

If Dark Horse isn't mod killed that's ridiculous.

Vote Moody

I'll explain why after Bessie does her analysis or if EGW asks nicely.

Top 4: Moody, JimBob, Gamma Emerald

(yes Red is off the list, yes I only put 3. My fourth won't be lynched and I don't want them to know I'm suspicious.)
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:22 pm UTC

Gamma Emerald wrote:
Maven89 wrote:Gamma Emerald: Done almost nothing, only noticeable post is to directly rolefish Madge. Scum, I want to lynch.

Directly rolefish? I just wanted to know how worth our time it was to activate their powers. If it was just one shot for each I wasn't going to waste my time with it.
In other words, you wanted to know how strong the powers are. That's what rolefishing is.

Your read on Spak is light but I like that you're not taking the easy way of voting for moody or Red Ryu.

Still:

unvote

Vote: Gamma Emerald
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:24 pm UTC

@BoomFrog: and when do you expect to share that name with us?


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bessie and 13 guests