Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 am UTC

@Zyth: Convincing on Spack and Gamma, l have to think more about Red. I already agreed with most of the rest.

I'm only 60% on Jim and town Jim is more useful then town Moody. I still think Moody is a better lynch.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:09 am UTC

... Do I have to? Why don't you go beg Bessie or Sabar or boomfrog? Why me? Do you think I'll just follow blindly? (Probably). At least wait for some of the other gets back.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:12 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:The myopic nature of his post is out of line with the mindset of a townie. By myopic, I mean that Boom was the only player he brought up in that post. There were so many things going on at that point. This is such a post-heavy game with lots of exciting routes to explore. Spack lacks the inquisitive nature that such an environment should bring about. It is as I said before with Red Ryu's Spak read; Spak's Boom read is pick-n-choosy, not a read that naturally comes about through townie exploration.

I agree to this. I didn't see it because I needed time to think of him in the terms of the big picture, of his whole play. Right now, all he has is that post that you mention only focuses on one read, and his other posts which were lacking in scumhunting while going for the appearance of bringing out content. I would expect him to be active and thorough, a Bessie Jr. I'm pretty sad to see there is little support for him.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:18 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:... Do I have to? Why don't you go beg Bessie or Sabar or boomfrog? Why me? Do you think I'll just follow blindly? (Probably). At least wait for some of the other gets back.

Why do you resist so hard? If you are having trouble scumhunting, why not let us borrow your vote? I think the time for waiting is over.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:51 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:... Do I have to? Why don't you go beg Bessie or Sabar or boomfrog? Why me? Do you think I'll just follow blindly? (Probably). At least wait for some of the other gets back.
You implied that you weren't going to vote for someone unless they asked.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:54 am UTC

Oh ffs

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
Red Ryu
FrozenFlame wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Sweet, Ryu is scum.

What's pinging you? The myopic policy lynch advocacy on madge? The light buddying of you me and spak? Fear mongering us Dgamers by trying to suggest we always let indies slide and get bit in the ass later?

Everything this, and more!

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:I gotta go will read up on Boomfrog when I get back. I don't know how many indies DGames has been boned by before they realize all indie claims should die.

Whale is goofy town.
Feel good about Zen and FF, possibly Spak as well.

I do not at all believe Ruy was able to gain these reads over a 30 minute skim! I don't know for what possible reason he could have had me as town at that point in the game.

@Ruy: What possible reason could you have had me as town at that point in the game?

I also think his Spak read is completely made up. Spak has done zero zip nada nothing! This is such a far fetched and random user to id as town. This comes off to me as one of scum's pick-n-choose type of reads.

I gained Whale from his overall behavior, this has not changed.

You and FF have been better on the proactive and in FF's case I can see where he is coming from most of the time.

Spak? I said this before, his read on Frog I very much agree with and is something I noticed. I like how he got there and what he noticed from it. To me it was a very solid obervation.

"But Sabrar does it to!!!1111"

Where and when, I've asked you already, maybe even multiple times but I'm so tired I'm not rereading right now. I do not think Frog's voting habits and directions with reads make sense to me.

"But Ruy skimmed!!!"

Yeah I did on mobile even skipped pages trying to single out what bigger content people were talking about or what I noticed, until today I've been stuck with no internet at work and limited time outside of it. I've fixed most of that today and still will be limited because hurricane. No shit I asked for people to give me context, reading on this mobile site is a lot harder than on Smashboards.

So have at it with me if you really want to rumble instead of some random focus on Dark Horse. He's viewed and not posted and the mod has done nothing? Ok and even I would concede an inactive nothing else lynch day 1 is better day 1 than later. You and Ran have this odd focus on him as viewing and not posting instead of other players who did post and at least would leave "something" behind. Maybe it is a game mechanic or just the mods doing something new with the rules. I'm aware of special note 3, honestly for me as a mod. That seems like a really crappy thing to do to one of the players that signed up to make them lurk and be silent all game.

I'd rather lynch one of the two indy, or most likely indy, claims than them run around or one the inactives with something like heuristically_alone.

So here is what I want from you right now,

1. How is Spak being selective? In what sense, I don't at all see how you could stick to this from what he did. Where did Sabrar did the same thing? I've been reading earlier and still have no clue what you are talking about.

2. What makes DH the obvious best play? The mod is obvious hinting hard at this, but what makes this clearly a case of best liability and how exactly does this hold people accountable? If everyone dog-piled, so what? It's easy to jump on and parrot that same kind of reasoning.

3. If not Dark Horse then where? Jim, Gamma and Moody I take it?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:06 am UTC

Vote Count 1.10
Madge (4): Madge, SirGabriel, Znirk, Peaceful Whale
BoomFrog (1): Spak
Red Ryu (1): moody7277
jimbobmacdoodle (2): Frozenflame, #HBC | Zyth
SirGabriel (1): #HBC | Red Ryu
moody7277 (4): Sabrar, BoomFrog, Evil George Washington, jimbobmacdoodle
Gamma Emerald (3): Maven89, mpolo, plytho
Spak (1): Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (3): heuristically_alone, Bessie, Dark Horse

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!

Deadline Clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/basketball?iso=20170913T235959&p0=198&msg=D1+End&font=sanserif

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:08 am UTC

Grumble Grumble , don't just ask me questions for the sake of asking questions. Most of those are answered on this page and the last.

I was active in Flavorless and you lynched me there. How is this different :evil:?
How did you agree with Spak's Boom read if you weren't even able to find the posts he was referring to? You asked for someone to point out Boom's post in the very post you gave Spak a town read.
What do you think of the possibility of DH being a HepAlien? @George, your opinion as well.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:11 am UTC

As a mod of flavorless, Ryu had the advantage of being detached from the game, meaning he had accurate reads. Did Ryu play similarly in Flavorless?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:14 am UTC

With Hep, the mod did sort of influence the game in a way. It possibly could be. If he continues to lurk into D2 and nothing has been done, we need to lynch him. Funny thing is I remember you saying Reyth (from Time Travellers) was Hep Alien.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:16 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:As a mod of flavorless, Ryu had the advantage of being detached from the game, meaning he had accurate reads. Did Ryu play similarly in Flavorless?

What I'm saying is that he town reads me here for activity, but scum read me there when I had the same level of activity, so I don't buy his read.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:17 am UTC

I would have to re-read to see what his actual reason was, still wondering how you read him in that game. (From a player perspective)

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:21 am UTC

He was really townie. I was able to follow his thought flow and he seemed like he was invested in the game. I wouldn't use that against him though, because his play changes depending on how busy he is.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:23 am UTC

I'm thinking we should vote Ryu or Spak. Which direction would you like to go in?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:24 am UTC

What's a hep Alien?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:25 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:I'm thinking we should vote Ryu or Spak. Which direction would you like to go in?

jim

@Ruy one more question: If you're so hard on lynching the indy, who do you expect to hammer? The player that hammers likely gets killed, as you're aware. Do you expect one of us to just sacrifice ourselves? How can you expect this when you're not even willing to do the same?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:27 am UTC

I think your Jim section isn't as convincing as your Ryu or Spak section.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:27 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:I'm thinking we should vote Ryu or Spak. Which direction would you like to go in?

Are you serious? We are in real danger of not getting a lynch if we fragment the wagon more. I think you need to account for xckders not being used to needing to hammer.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:30 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Grumble Grumble , don't just ask me questions for the sake of asking questions. Most of those are answered on this page and the last.

I was active in Flavorless and you lynched me there. How is this different :evil:?
How did you agree with Spak's Boom read if you weren't even able to find the posts he was referring to? You asked for someone to point out Boom's post in the very post you gave Spak a town read.
What do you think of the possibility of DH being a HepAlien? @George, your opinion as well.

I'm not sure what you are refering to for lynching active you in flavorless in the sense of what it matters here.

You need to reread page 11, like seriously reread what I posted. I think Spak's reasoning for what he had a problem with Boom was solid, I also reread so yeah I saw it now, but further up I said possibly town, in that post in the post where I said I liked spak for what he put forward and it looked good at that point I wanted to reread if it looked solid from what I could gather. I would rather keep Spak around and lynch someone else. It was a good point in further considering I do not like Frog I'm more willing to like him more even more so with how Frog has been moving around with wagons and votes.

Refresh me on HepAlien.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:31 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:As a mod of flavorless, Ryu had the advantage of being detached from the game, meaning he had accurate reads. Did Ryu play similarly in Flavorless?

What I'm saying is that he town reads me here for activity, but scum read me there when I had the same level of activity, so I don't buy his read.

Zen, it's been a while, a long while since that.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:35 am UTC

Boomfrog: What do you mean by that? Describe to me how you would expect XKCD'ers to play out tomorrow. (Town and Scum)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:38 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:

jim

@Ruy one more question: If you're so hard on lynching the indy, who do you expect to hammer? The player that hammers likely gets killed, as you're aware. Do you expect one of us to just sacrifice ourselves? How can you expect this when you're not even willing to do the same?

I said this earlier and I mean it.

I would have easily volunteered if not for my role.

You still raise a good point but I detest the kind of easy pass people are giving the indy claim. ZoZo did the same thing to feed onto the fact Ryker didn't want to die in a DGames mafia game once. I'm aware of the mod confirmation earlier on the bomb role. We can't force someone, wish we could or at least someone who is willing to at somepoint.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:43 am UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:

jim

I said this earlier and I mean it.

I would have easily volunteered if not for my role.

You still raise a good point but I detest the kind of easy pass people are giving the indy claim. ZoZo did the same thing to feed onto the fact Ryker didn't want to die in a DGames mafia game once. I'm aware of the mod confirmation earlier on the bomb role. We can't force someone, wish we could or at least someone who is willing to at somepoint.
You do realize everyone has some sort of role. You seriously expect for someone to just take the hit? IF you're honestly going to push for the lynch, you need to determine who is going to hammer beforehand.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:45 am UTC

I’m catching up now.

Sabrar wrote:Current tally:

Code: Select all

Red Ryu         9
Moody           7
Gamma Emerald   7
SirGabriel      4
Dark Horse      4
Spak            4
jimbob          3
BoomFrog        2
Maven           1

Not contributing: Spak, Frozenflame, heuristically_alone, Peaceful Whale, bessie, Dark Horse, Znirk, Madge, SirGabriel
I posted a town-scum list, I meant for the bottom four to be my lynch list: Dark Horse, SirGabriel, Gamma Emerald, Red Ryu. If we leave off Dark Horse or SirGabriel (as replacement candidates) you can add jimbobmacdoodle.

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: I'm very disappointed that you still didn' react to my ping here. Also, who is your D1 tunnel? It would appear to be plytho based on your extensive interaction with him but he's not low enough in your list. Are time issues your only problem?
I’ll try to reply to this and to any other questions anyone has posted for me tonight. Time has been an issue for me, because even though I have devoted at least as much time to this game as I usually do (perhaps even more), it hasn’t been sufficient for my playstyle, as explained here.

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Is Dark Horse inactive solid for town to lynch? And if so why would you consider him #1 scum?
Because he’s been prodded, several days have passed, YOLOSWAG acknowledged that he had nothing to say about Dark Horse, and there are replacements available (and at least one of them has been actively following this game, no I don’t have inside information he made a Gojoe post).

Possibilities:
1. Dark Horse did not respond to the prod, and for whatever reason the mods haven’t replaced him yet.
2. Dark Horse asked for a replacement, and for whatever reason the mods haven’t replaced him yet.
3. Dark Horse has a posting restriction and can’t post. Overswarm seems to have a pretty good reputation for game design so I hope he didn’t put a shit role like this in the game.
4. Dark Horse is lurking on purpose for whatever reason, and the mods are allowing it.
5. Dark Horse is not lurking, he is participating in chat.

At this point, even if Dark Horse is replaced D2, his replacement is going to have to deal with his D1 behavior, and there is a decent possibility that his replacement will be lynched anyway, on D2 or even later, because of the lingering D1 suspicion. We already might have to think of a way to lynch SirGabriel, and there are others that are lurking. So that may be 2-3 lynches already, and the lynch is going to become more valuable every day. If we’re going to waste a lynch, it should be early when there’s a higher probability of a mislynch anyway. If we have three lurkers on D3, we may not be in a position to waste a lynch on a lurker. And lurkers don’t vote, but are counted in the total needed for the hammer. Without knowing how the mod is going to handle this, I really don’t know what to do about it. I’m going to do a reread tonight and see who my strongest scum read is.

Ninja’d by like a dozen posts. Reading now.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:47 am UTC

Bessie, I need your vote soon. Let's vote Red Ryu. How long will your re-read take?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:00 am UTC

Zen, I need you to work with me here.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:19 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Zen, I need you to work with me here.

You work with me for once. Just trust me for once. Remember Werekill?

jim is the strongest scum player of the 3. We take him out and the rest falls apart. I just have a feeling about this.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:27 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:What's a hep Alien?

OS had a role where the player had two accounts, the second's name was HepAlien. It was an account that OS made specifically for the game and had it sign up as if it were its own player. None of us knew they were actually being controlled by the same person. Here's the role:

Spoiler:
Welcome to Superhero Mafia, Circus. You are Twoface, mafia dual player.

You don't know where all these superheroes came from, but you don't care. You've got enough petty muscle to take most of 'em out if chance allows it. You just gotta be careful not to stick your head out too far.

You've already been given this info, but here's a recap. You are given two accounts for this mafia game. One of them is for “Two Face” and the other for “Harvey Dent”. They function as two separate players, but when one of them dies, the other dies as well. They both get their own votes, are affected separately by actions, etc., etc., and you control both. Your mafia partner is not told about this other account, so it's up to you to explain.

Two Face account:

Active abilities
Coin Flip Kill- Each Night, choose a player. Heads they live, tails they die. The moderator will flip a coin and show if they die. (literally)

Bullet Proof- You cannot be killed via a Night Action.

Mafia communication:
You may speak with your mafia partner Nabe (Scarecrow, mafia janitor) in the quicktopic here:
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/tWyuJccF6rj

Safe Claim name possibilities: Charles Xavier, Cat Woman, Aqua Man, The Flash, Wonder Woman

Win Condition: You win when all threats to your faction are eliminated or it is otherwise impossible for your faction to lose.

Harvey Dent account:
Investigate- Each Night, choose a player. You will be told their alignment and name.
You will show up as Town in all investigations.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to your faction are eliminated or it is otherwise impossible for your faction to lose.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:29 am UTC

So I was speculating that the mod isn't replacing DH because it's actually another player in the game.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:So I was speculating that the mod isn't replacing DH because it's actually another player in the game.
That doesn't explain why the player would not post with the DH account.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 am UTC

I do remember Werekill, yet do you remember Dabuz? Also how do you expect to lynch Jimbob with just myself? I'm trying to go towards options that other people have listed in their bottom 4.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:34 am UTC

Sabrar, what are your thoughts on Zen's post? Would you like to move over to Red Ryu?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:36 am UTC

@DGamers: how many hours before the deadline do you usually agree on the final lynch-target? Can all DGamers be expected to be around deadline and switch if needed?

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:37 am UTC

Usually players are pretty active around the deadline.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:39 am UTC

George we will be able to get it through once you come aboard. Whale will see our unity and join us because he no longer has to choose which parent he wants to live with. Frozen is already on jim. As scum start to fight the wagon, our town bros will join us.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:45 am UTC

I giggled at that. I realize that near deadline it's hard to get a hold of people, and it's causing me to worry and stress. Hold me Zen.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:45 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar, what are your thoughts on Zen's post? Would you like to move over to Red Ryu?
I think Ryu is a good compromise but I still think moody would be better. Regarding Zen's reasons I'm getting the feeling that he does the same as with his early push onto h_a, namely seeing things that aren't there. I have some issues with his other reads as well so I'm currently not in the mood of relying on them.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:48 am UTC

From my town-scum list, my current lynch candidates would be Gamma Emerald, Red Ryu, and jimbobmacdoodle. Red Ryu has posted the bulk of his content since I made that list, but from a quick skim nothing is standing out as townie to me. BoomFrog asked me to reread moody, and I’m trying to get to it, but he currently is not one of my top lynch candidates. jimbob’s felt scummy to me this game, and I don’t like this:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Red Ryu's content has taken a significant positive upswing, so I no longer want him lynched.
Why? Is it now Red Ryu is an actual real lynch candidate so he needed to move that vote? There are so many posts right now I’m trying to get a feel for the way the wagons were forming today but it’s three pages of content and I suppose I’m not getting the same feel that I would if I were following it in real time. Really not liking jimbob's content today.

vote: jimbobmacdoodle

Would switch to Red Rhu or Gamma Emerald.

For the record I should be available from 6-9 pm PDT, the three hours before deadline, but not before so I’ll miss the hammer if it happens while I’m at work.

Ninja'd again by about 5 posts I think. I feel like I'm getting nowhereexcept farther behind.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:50 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:I giggled at that. I realize that near deadline it's hard to get a hold of people, and it's causing me to worry and stress. Hold me Zen.
There's no need to worry. Trust me. I can see it. Let us unite. bessie will join us to. We can do this.

Sabrar wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar, what are your thoughts on Zen's post? Would you like to move over to Red Ryu?
I think Ryu is a good compromise but I still think moody would be better. Regarding Zen's reasons I'm getting the feeling that he does the same as with his early push onto h_a, namely seeing things that aren't there. I have some issues with his other reads as well so I'm currently not in the mood of relying on them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L4bRXL94Ws (Game of Thrones S7 Spoilers)

ninja edit: :)

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:53 am UTC

Bessie I would really love it if you and I could have a conversation some time.

Return to “Mafia”