Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Peaceful Whale

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 am UTC

I'd like to vote for Ryu... but here I go

Vote:jimbobmacdoodle
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:11 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I'd like to vote for Ryu... but here I go
Why don't you?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:16 am UTC

Becuase we don't need that many wagons.
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:21 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Becuase we don't need that many wagons.
fair point. Why jimbob instead of moody or Gamma?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:41 am UTC

Zen's read-list

Meta-read on EGW is too general for my taste, logical conclusion would be that he can also always tell if EGW is scum which I doubt. Feels lazy.
Read on Maven is also lazy, just pointing towards others' opinions. This could be valid (liking all the things others did) however most players would still make an attempt to point out specific things they liked. Also this glosses over the fatc whether there was anything in his content she didn't like.
Her 'read' on Znirk and moody is non-existent. Znirk I could understand though others were able to form an opinion based on those few posts. moody is inexcusable from such an experienced player. He provided sufficient amount of content to analyze plus if Zen's unable to form an opinion of her own then she could always read the reads of other players and comment on what she agrees and disagrees with. Seems like he doesn't want to form an opinion on moody, especially when you consider this.

She has 4 reasons to find Madge scummy with regards to the first post.
i. As has been shown on plenty of occasions people miss content all the time. And actually Zen pointed out the indie solo-wins a full page
earlier so he's jumping to conclusions when she thinks Madge couldn't have missed it.
ii. This makes sense from Zen's pov if she doesn't consider xkcd-meta, just like the comment makes sense from Madge's pov because she's not familiar with OS-meta.
iii. Lol. Also not true. Madge already showed interest on me asking about GLaDOS.
iv. Disagree completely, also totally hilarious as Zen is using 'mostly' twice in her read of me.

The second quote is okay though it's more like standard Madge rather than agenda-y.
Not claiming Town in the first post should be null-tell, Madge knows full well that we like to lynch indies.

More later.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 am UTC

plytho wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Becuase we don't need that many wagons.
fair point. Why jimbob instead of moody or Gamma?

Mainly becuase I was asked to, and partly becuase I like moody, I don't think he's scum. (Besides my bais) Gamma I haven't really seen the scumminess all that much, but I could say the same with jimbobmacdoodle... they're all on people's lynch list, I don't think they're a good reason to choose on of them out of the others. jimbobmacdoodle is just already a wagon and more likely to get lynched.
Spoiler:

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:00 am UTC

I'm working from now (6 am) till 8pm so I won't have time to post except during a little break. Right now, my vote stands

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:26 am UTC

Vote Count 1.11
Madge (3): Madge, SirGabriel, Znirk
BoomFrog (1): Spak
Red Ryu (1): moody7277
jimbobmacdoodle (5): Frozenflame, #HBC | Zyth, Bessie, EGW, Peaceful Whale
SirGabriel (1): #HBC | Red Ryu
moody7277 (3): Sabrar, BoomFrog, jimbobmacdoodle
Gamma Emerald (3): Maven89, mpolo, plytho
Spak (1): Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (2): heuristically_alone, Dark Horse

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!

Deadline Clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/basketball?iso=20170913T235959&p0=198&msg=D1+End&font=sanserif

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:29 am UTC

Unvote
Vote: jimbobmacdoodle

To keep the train going. Still would prefer moody, I get the feeling that if he's scum then Zen is his buddy.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:50 am UTC

re: Red Ryu
#HBC | Zyth wrote:I do not at all believe Ruy was able to gain these reads over a 30 minute skim!
Why? You said it would take 5 minutes to read Seven Deadly Sins which had 350 posts. Are you that much better at fast-reading than Ryu?
#HBC | Zyth wrote:I don't know for what possible reason he could have had me as town at that point in the game.
Total wine.
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Fake hunting. Town would want to investigate into the context of Boom's posts on his own. Ruy here is just looking for some post to skim and make a conclusion over.
This is a prime example where she interprets a remark according to her own views without even considering other possibilities.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Clearly skimmed Madges post, assumed she was indy, and pushed for her lynch without looking into it further. Let's say that Ruy was town!Ruy skimming to try and catch up. I still believe he would actually take more thorough look at those he's pushing to lynch. This shows to me that Ruy doesn't have a townie's aversion to mislynching.
This I agree with.
#HBC | Zyth wrote:I also feel like some of his recent posts are being guided by mates, because they take on a different tone despite the fact that he's still clearly not caught up.
This also could be valid.

re: Spak
I actually agree with her points. I don't think they are strong enough without some more detailed explanation (e.g. not having content in first 2 posts is quite normal, though if the player just lurks afterward then it's another matter entirely) but the basis is okay.

re:jimbob
She again has issues with some wording without checking jimbob's previous games to get a feel for him. This reminds me:
I also think it is why players have a difficulty readying moody, because he naturally uses language like this a lot
Another soft defense of moody. What is this even based on? Does she suddenly know moody's natural style?

There could be some truth in her second point though again she takes it too far in my opinion, building jimbob's entire mindset from a half-sentence.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am UTC

bessie wrote:What am I supposed to respond to?
The ping I explicitly mentioned in the post you quoted.
bessie wrote:The bessie meta dig? Ok, my style is exactly what you expect, unchanged for at least the past say 18 months? Why are you pointing this out and making sure that I respond to it?
Nope, not that.
bessie wrote:And so I love my setup spec, but I’m not dropping it because I’m pandering to our guests. If it was one of our mods I would be all over it, with not only a faction breakdown but a guess as to every role in the game (and I have been known to get it right :P ). By dropping it until at least D2 I’m acknowledging that they know their mod better than I do, and it would be an active lurking waste of time.
That's the one. I'm not fully satisfied with your response per se, however I can think of at least 1 good reason why you'd be willing to drop it. We'll see if I'm right.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:58 am UTC

@EGW: wanna come back to moody with me? plytho also has similar ideas about Zen's attempt to divert the lynch.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 pm UTC

Unvote; Vote: Moody

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:01 pm UTC

Unvote
Vote: moody

Let's do this.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:04 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:I'm thinking we should vote Ryu or Spak. Which direction would you like to go in?

jim

@Ruy one more question: If you're so hard on lynching the indy, who do you expect to hammer? The player that hammers likely gets killed, as you're aware. Do you expect one of us to just sacrifice ourselves? How can you expect this when you're not even willing to do the same?

I said this earlier and I mean it.

I would have easily volunteered if not for my role.

You still raise a good point but I detest the kind of easy pass people are giving the indy claim. ZoZo did the same thing to feed onto the fact Ryker didn't want to die in a DGames mafia game once. I'm aware of the mod confirmation earlier on the bomb role. We can't force someone, wish we could or at least someone who is willing to at somepoint.
You do realize everyone has some sort of role. You seriously expect for someone to just take the hit? IF you're honestly going to push for the lynch, you need to determine who is going to hammer beforehand.

It's a judgement call based on factors.

If I was the scarecrow role from OS-Stars I would take one for the team easily.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:05 pm UTC

Unvote

plytho wrote:@all: If you're online and not voting for Ryu, moody or Gamma (or jimbob,
I guess :| ) you're playing against town!

Madge, Spak, Red Ryu I saw you, why are you playing against town?

Spak

Postby Spak » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:17 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Unvote

plytho wrote:@all: If you're online and not voting for Ryu, moody or Gamma (or jimbob,
I guess :| ) you're playing against town!

Madge, Spak, Red Ryu I saw you, why are you playing against town?

Because I'm on page 8 and desperately trying to catch up :/ IRL really screwed me over today and I'm sorry that my activity has been nonexistant, but I NEED to have a fair vote before the phase ends and let people know where my head is at. I don't have class from 1-3 today and don't have any more discrete homework due until Friday, so I should be able to catch up then.
"As a friend, it is my duty to inform you that your life appears to need more justice."
~Drake Redcrest, 2005

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:20 pm UTC

Spak just vote Moody. Today is deadline and he isn't posting.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:26 pm UTC

Plytho and Sabrar: Thoughts on Spak right now?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:31 pm UTC

My personal rule is to always believe a player when they claim IRL reasons, it's simply not worth lying about it to just a win a game. Spak is not a lynch-target for me today, we have way better candidates. Will reevaluate him D2.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:38 pm UTC

He's one of multiple lurkers/people having trouble keeping up. Your post about his normal (more active, tunneling) style has me thinking towards lurker scum but his IRL explanation mitigates that somewhat. I like that he wants to take the time to make a proper assessment.

Ninja by Sabrar

Spak

Postby Spak » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:45 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:The only thing that is slightly pinging me is her refraining from setup speculation just because DGamers said it would be waste of time. It's very unlike her to pander to the whims of others (paraphrased). To note: her D1 tunnels are usually right when she's Town.

I'm not sure if I'd ping her for that. It's a good thing to take note of, but we know the mods that came up & balanced the setup very well and I think she just decided to take our word for it because our Mafia setups are different from you guys' meta-wise.
Maven wrote:I've noticed we don't use meta the same way you guys do.

+1 for this post
BoomFrog wrote:In my experience a player who post nothing the first day after being prodded would be replaced N1, so that is my expectation with Dark Horse. Since on smashboards apparently scum can lurk through several days I can totally understand why you'd still be for a Dark Horse lynch.

Well, the reasoning for that is primarily because we don't have a large enough playerbase to replace in, and modkills would give us an even number of townies. So it's kinda a lose-lose for Town if there's a lurker and no replacement.
bessie wrote:Another possibility, you are recycling other players’ reads to make your own, either because you are newbie town overeager to contribute, or you are indie/scum and you don’t have the experience to fake your reads.

I appreciate the analysis that went into this post a lot and it's very useful in the case of scum!Whale to find connections, but I'd lean towards not considering a relatively new player's reads scummy based upon the fact that they sound a whole lot like other people's reads. I had a town game where I had reads almost identical to another SB player called J (and someone brought this to everyone's attention, causing me to almost get lynched). It's more of an inexperience tell, unless you know the player has a lot of games under their belt. Then it starts to get a little suspicious.

I'll post more later. Page 9 here we come (after my classes from 9-1).
"As a friend, it is my duty to inform you that your life appears to need more justice."
~Drake Redcrest, 2005

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:47 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Spak just vote Moody. Today is deadline and he isn't posting.

You do know I have to sleep sometime, right? Usually 2300-0730 UTC-5.

First off, I don't mind being viewed as scummy by people. As some of the xkcd regulars have said, the default read on me seems to be somewhat scummy. We've got several good candidates, so that you'll most likely be around to me eventually (points to sig) if not D1. As for the whole questions for people thing, I've just never been into it. I'll analyse a wagon or do post-by-post on people all day long, but I don't know what data I should be getting from poking people so I just don't. These two points may be correlated. :?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:59 pm UTC

Thought on available votes: I feel like we don't have Dark Horse, SirGabriel and Heuristically_alone (where did he go?) available

mpolo thinks he won't be around again before deadline but he's wrong.
mpolo wrote:I'd like to be able to help us get to consensus, but I'm not seeing a lot of consensus to support. It's 7am here. I will be offline at least until 10 — if the hospital has public WLAN, I will check in then. After that, I will probably be under anesthesia until afternoon (i.e. after deadline).
Deadline isn't until 6am thursday in your (our) timezone. (15 hours from now)

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:06 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote: We've got several good candidates, so that you'll most likely be around to me eventually (points to sig) if not D1.
I don't understand this sentence. If there are several good (lynch?) candidates shouldn't it be less likely for us to get to you?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:10 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
moody7277 wrote: We've got several good candidates, so that you'll most likely be around to me eventually (points to sig) if not D1.
I don't understand this sentence. If there are several good (lynch?) candidates shouldn't it be less likely for us to get to you?

I figure that the set of {me, red ryu, gamma} is what is going to be the lynches for D1-3 (hopefully not in that order :P ) depending on coppings and viges of course.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:14 pm UTC

3 madge
4 jim
4 moody
2 gamma

With mpolo, it makes 5

@red ruy, sirG isn't happening today, will you join me?

@plytho, sabrar i understand your paranoia, but jim is scum.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:16 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:@plytho, sabrar i understand your paranoia, but jim is scum.
bring the evidence

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:19 pm UTC

Gah. Sorry, RL blew up on me today in a major fashion.

Somewhat blindly,

unvote

vote: moody

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:19 pm UTC

Lol is it selfish of my to want moody to be town? Moody will you magically be town please.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:26 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I'd like to vote for Ryu... but here I go

Vote:jimbobmacdoodle

But why do you want me dead? :(

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:27 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Spak just vote Moody. Today is deadline and he isn't posting.
And Jim?

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:28 pm UTC

Ruy, sirG isn't an option at this point and we need every available vote for a lynch.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:29 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
plytho wrote:

I figure that the set of {me, red ryu, gamma} is what is going to be the lynches for D1-3 (hopefully not in that order :P ) depending on coppings and viges of course.
It looks like you haven't been paying attention, or you know we won't lynch jimbob after you flip.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:31 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Moody will you magically be town please.
Already knowing he can't be? You're the one who likes to guess the mindset of others, guess what mind-set the above implies.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:33 pm UTC

What's jim at right now?

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:35 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:What's jim at right now?

With mpolo he'll be at 5

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:36 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Moody will you magically be town please.
Already knowing he can't be? You're the one who likes to guess the mindset of others, guess what mind-set the above implies.
I have no reason to think hes town. He's not even defending himself.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:36 pm UTC

I'll be around to switch if need be today,

Vote: Jim

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:38 pm UTC

I have zero investment of keeping either moody or Jim around from what I did read.

Would still like Sir or Madge to die though, can we pretty please just switch to the indies?

Return to “Mafia”