Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:39 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:I have no reason to think hes town. He's not even defending himself.
Then why do you push against his lynch?

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:39 pm UTC

Same with Gamma but would rather put it somewhere productive like the first two, or four because lynch all indies.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:40 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Would still like Sir or Madge to die though, can we pretty please just switch to the indies?
In case you forgot Madge is still Town.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:40 pm UTC

Thanks Ryu.

@sabrar, I'd never make it so obvious I were buddies with someone btw, especially over someone who has a high chance of being lynched.

The fact the moody and ruy were so easily wagonable tells me that if they are scum, their mates were willing to abandon them. The resistance to jim feels much more right.

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:41 pm UTC

@Maven, page 16 I asked you a question half of the way down about a quote chain of yours, can you answer me?

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:42 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Would still like Sir or Madge to die though, can we pretty please just switch to the indies?
In case you forgot Madge is still Town.


I think you mean indie pretending to be town.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:42 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:I have zero investment of keeping either moody or Jim around from what I did read.

Would still like Sir or Madge to die though, can we pretty please just switch to the indies?

Why are you still bringing up SirG? That is a terrible idea.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby moody7277 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:42 pm UTC

plytho wrote: It looks like you haven't been paying attention, or you know we won't lynch jimbob after you flip.


I'm not sure what's pulling the jimbob wagon to start with.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:44 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:I think you mean indie pretending to be town.
Nope, but thanks for playing.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:44 pm UTC

Sabrar and Plytho, what is your exact read of Jimbob right now exactly?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:45 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:@sabrar, I'd never make it so obvious I were buddies with someone btw, especially over someone who has a high chance of being lynched.

The fact the moody and ruy were so easily wagonable tells me that if they are scum, their mates were willing to abandon them. The resistance to jim feels much more right.

1. Delicious wine.
2. What's your metric?

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby moody7277 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:46 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Moody will you magically be town please.
Already knowing he can't be? You're the one who likes to guess the mindset of others, guess what mind-set the above implies.
I have no reason to think hes town. He's not even defending himself.


The two reasons I can see people think I'm scummy are that I don't do the "ask people questions" thing, which is a style attribute, and that I trusted mpolo's initial claim more than consensus says I should. That's it. Or am I missing something?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:47 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar and Plytho, what is your exact read of Jimbob right now exactly?
here
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:48 pm UTC

Can you describe his play in one sentence to me?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:49 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar and Plytho, what is your exact read of Jimbob right now exactly?
I think he's scummy but I almost always read him that way. I tunnelled the hell out of him in Shakespeare D1 where we were both Town.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:51 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:@sabrar, I'd never make it so obvious I were buddies with someone btw, especially over someone who has a high chance of being lynched.

The fact the moody and ruy were so easily wagonable tells me that if they are scum, their mates were willing to abandon them. The resistance to jim feels much more right.

1. Delicious wine.
2. What's your metric?

Youre the one that likes meta, Id never and have never done such a thing. If I were scum at this junture, then moody would undoubtably be town. Id be playing in a way similar to I am now that causes town to mislynch moody on their own, leaving my hands being scott free and with all the power and townie points d2.

2. The prevote tally thing we did, obviously.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:51 pm UTC

Is that not the same case with Moody though? Remind me what your issue is with Moody and compare it with your Jimbob read.

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:52 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:@Maven, page 16 I asked you a question half of the way down about a quote chain of yours, can you answer me?


In a few hours

unvote

vote: moody

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:52 pm UTC

Not too many posts, made a couple of good observations, people seem to have some issues with him but I don't see why those could only come from scum.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:53 pm UTC

EBWOP: haha, all the ninjas, that was my one sentence
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:54 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Moody will you magically be town please.
Already knowing he can't be? You're the one who likes to guess the mindset of others, guess what mind-set the above implies.
I have no reason to think hes town. He's not even defending himself.


The two reasons I can see people think I'm scummy are that I don't do the "ask people questions" thing, which is a style attribute, and that I trusted mpolo's initial claim more than consensus says I should. That's it. Or am I missing something?
You haven't given enough hard stances either, when there's so much content to go on. And it seems like you have no care to live. When I don't see people defending themself, it makes me think that they don't think they have a chance because the points being made against them are true.

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:55 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:I have zero investment of keeping either moody or Jim around from what I did read.

Would still like Sir or Madge to die though, can we pretty please just switch to the indies?

Why are you still bringing up SirG? That is a terrible idea.


All indies must die, I stand very adamant on this when I know as an indy and mafia I've abused pretending to be a "town siding indy" to try and get away with it until I could win in end game with my win con.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:59 pm UTC

Maven89 wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:@Maven, page 16 I asked you a question half of the way down about a quote chain of yours, can you answer me?


In a few hours

unvote

vote: moody
Would like your thoughts on my gamma points (which was an indirect response to your post) as well.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:01 pm UTC

I have noticed Jimbob has not been posting, Zen. I need to re-read him.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:01 pm UTC

unoficcial vote count:
Madge (2): Madge, SirGabriel,
BoomFrog (1): Spak
Red Ryu (1):moody7277
jimbobmacdoodle (5): Frozenflame, #HBC | Zyth, Bessie,Peaceful Whale, #HBC | Red Ryu
moody7277 (7): Sabrar, BoomFrog, jimbobmacdoodle, Evil George Washington, plytho, Znirk, Maven89
Gamma Emerald (1): mpolo,
Spak (1): Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (2): heuristically_alone, Dark Horse

Correct me if I'm wrong!

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:All indies must die, I stand very adamant on this when I know as an indy and mafia I've abused pretending to be a "town siding indy" to try and get away with it until I could win in end game with my win con.
I'm with you on the indies must die point. Not sure about Madge=indie. And there is a big problem with the SirG lynch plan especially D1.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:03 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:2. The prevote tally thing we did, obviously.
I see your point but I don't agree that the conclusion is automatically true.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:05 pm UTC

I don't trust Madge.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:07 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:I don't trust Madge.
Care to elaborate?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:13 pm UTC

Meaning I am null on her and would not rule out the possibility that she is indy. Especially because OS has had harmful indies like a serial killer in his setups before. Yet you guys said it would be obvious if she was scum, right? How would you expect her to play as scum?

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Madge » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:17 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Unvote
Vote: moody

plytho wrote:@all: If you're online and not voting for Ryu, moody or Gamma (or jimbob,
I guess :| ) you're playing against town!

Madge, Spak, Red Ryu I saw you, why are you playing against town?


Because I can change my vote in 12 hours' time to ensure a lynch, and in the meantime I don't risk losing valuable votes on my wagon to activate my power in case hammer happens while I'm asleep.

How would I play as scum? honestly less scatterbrained, more focused, putting more of an effort in. definitely not claiming, when I have to claim as scum I sort of clam up and try and think of several plausible options and then pick the most plausible one when I get cornered into a claim. I don't think there's a time I've been scum and have made a fake claim like this.

Not indie, for the record, but I don't think I'll be able to convince people of this until I die. If/when I get to use my first power that might make me look a bit townie as it's the sort of power that won't be much use to an indie anyway.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:18 pm UTC

I didn't say that, I said this, but I haven't been playing here all that long.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:29 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:@plytho, sabrar i understand your paranoia, but jim is scum.
bring the evidence
You've been dodging all day.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:29 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:@plytho, sabrar i understand your paranoia, but jim is scum.
bring the evidence
You've been dodging all day.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
FrozenFlame
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:26 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby FrozenFlame » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:03 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
plytho wrote:Btw I’d like Sabrar, BoomFrog, Zen and FrozenFlame to explain how ‘forcing’ an unwilling player to hammer SirG is supposed to work?
This question is still open for BoomFrog, who will answer D2 (hold him to it if I'm not able to) and FrozenFlame.


Pretty simple really, though "forcing" is definitely most accurate in quotes lol

Step 1: We determine who we think is scummiest and tell them "Hey you, you're gonna hammer SirG for us because we think you're scummy anyway and this way we can kill two birds with one stone."

Step 2: We wagon SirG up to L-1 and then say "Hey scum pick, vote now or else"

Step 3: Scum pick either casts the hammer within whatever limited window of time we give the slot, or that player doesn't. If the player casts the vote as instructed, yay the plan worked good job everyone no need to go to step 4.

Step 4: If player refuses to cast hammer vote on SirG, we lynch the ever loving shit out of them.

Here's why Step 4 is a thing. If you're town and the rest of the game tells you "Hey we are convinced at this point you are scum. We have literally decided we are going to lynch you. But instead of being a terrible town player who was bad enough to get misread and subsequently mislynched, we're offering you a shot at redemption. Hammer SirG for us so that you can redeem yourself by helping the town remove an indy slot, and also removing yourself from the game because you're a big scummy question mark. Atleast you can lessen the blow the town is going to feel from your shitty town play getting you lynched. You can atleast make a bad situation for the town somewhat better by guaranteeing an anti-town slot goes down with you." you better damn well bite the bullet and hammer SirG. If you don't you're an obstinate, selfish, irrational little fuckwad and you're literally sabotaging the fuck out of town by refusing to take the trade that mitigates town damage in a bad situation that you're essentially culpable for because you failed in your duty to play well enough to get town read.

If you're scum in this scenario, obviously you have no incentive to fall on the sword for the town. Why let them kill two birds with one stone? So you refuse to hammer.

Essentially, since any reasonably townie ought to recognize that in the face of being mislynched, they better serve the town by hammering SirG for us and eating the bomb, anyone who refuses to hammer SirG in such a scenario can be safely concluded to be anti-town because refusal in such a scenario is blatantly anti-town play. And if you're town and refuse you're literally just a selfish asshole who doesn't understand what it means to be a team player and mitigate damage when you have the meaningful choice to do so.

So yeah ultimately we can't FORCE anyone to hammer anyone barring some crazy power role. But by employing basic logical deduction re: the choices a slot has if the town is demanding that sacrifice from you, we essentially get one of two results: Lose a townie to kill an indy, or, lynch a scum for refusing to cooperate instead. If the scum decides to suicide to kill the indy for us, which I wouldn't really understand why but it's possible, that's even better for us.

Hope that sufficiently answers the question.

plytho wrote:@all: If you're online and not voting for Ryu, moody or Gamma (or jimbob, I guess :| ) you're playing against town! That includes the people currently voting for Madge. Get on a wagon! You can jump back to Madge once we're sure we'll get there.


DEADLINE IS TODAY FOLKS! LISTEN TO THIS MAN!

Sabrar wrote:@EGW: wanna come back to moody with me? plytho also has similar ideas about Zen's attempt to divert the lynch.


I'm not sure what stellar case has been presented against moody that makes you immune from this accusation being levied at you as potentially attempting to divert a Jim lynch?

I'm not saying that if jim flips town that we ought not take a look at who Zen may have been trying to drive away from but still, I think this post lacks the perspective I would expect from a player of your alleged caliber

plytho wrote:
plytho wrote:@all: If you're online and not voting for Ryu, moody or Gamma (or jimbob,
I guess :| ) you're playing against town!

Madge, Spak, Red Ryu I saw you, why are you playing against town?


lmao ok I'm starting to develop a crush on plytho, loving this call out shit

#HBC | Zyth wrote:The fact the moody and ruy were so easily wagonable tells me that if they are scum, their mates were willing to abandon them. The resistance to jim feels much more right.


Definitely feel you on this. I'd much prefer a jim or gamma wagon than either of those two

moody7277 wrote:I'm not sure what's pulling the jimbob wagon to start with.


TBH I'm a bit surprised that so many other people have been willing to join me on Jim but I completely stand by my read on him as being inauthentic and not genuinely scum hunting. Nothing of Jim's I've read all game came off as meaningfully insightful or helpful. Just feels like he's going through the motions to maintain a bare minimum presence. Doesn't stick his neck out at all

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:
plytho wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:I have zero investment of keeping either moody or Jim around from what I did read.

Would still like Sir or Madge to die though, can we pretty please just switch to the indies?

Why are you still bringing up SirG? That is a terrible idea.


All indies must die, I stand very adamant on this when I know as an indy and mafia I've abused pretending to be a "town siding indy" to try and get away with it until I could win in end game with my win con.


Ok bro we get it, indies are bad and we shouldn't give them a pass to mid/late game. You're preaching to the choir here. Relax for a second and realize that letting an indy live thru D1 isn't going to lose us the game nor prejudice the town in any substantial way. I'm all on board with taking the slot out by D3 latest but let's not pretend that if we don't deal with SirG right now the fucking sky is going to fall on us. It's day one, we're fine. He claimed warlock variant anyway so we have a 3 day minimum padding before his role does anything catastrophic, and given SirG's apathy here, (he's literally quitting because people want to lynch him for claiming indy? Like wtf? Have you never played mafia before? Who taught you that claiming indy D1 was EVER a good idea? lmao) I don't think he is pulling some crazy gambit where he lied to us about his role. He probably is just frustrated, doesn't understand that he actually just misplayed his role horrendously, and is quitting because he thinks his role is impossible to win with when really he's the reason he made it impossible.

Evil George Washington wrote:I have noticed Jimbob has not been posting, Zen. I need to re-read him.


Yeah and when he has it's been empty "maintenance" style fluff, not actual insight.

So yeah I'll try to be as available as possible as deadline approaches. I'm stick with the Jim wagon but if people are that bent out of shape about it I think Gamma is a great alternative. This moody wagon gives me really bad vibes

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:15 pm UTC

@FrozenFlame: consider the timeline. Consider plytho's words on how jimbob's wagon came out of nowhere. Consider my evidence on how Zen defends moody but refuses to read him (which she still has not addressed). moody is scum.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:27 pm UTC

I'm going to start thinking FF stands for the fuzzy feelings I get when I read frozen's compliments. :P

But yeah, I'd like to see your opinion on the points I made here because that's why I refuse to follow Zen.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
FrozenFlame
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:26 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby FrozenFlame » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm UTC

So your theory is that the Jimbob wagon was an opportunist move by scum!Zen to distract from a moody wagon? Do you really think Jimbob is the easiest target for that? Why wouldn't Zen push Red Ryu, or Gamma who's arguably more inactive? I agree with you that the jimbob momentum is a little sudden but I'm not so sure I follow why y'all think this is some effort to derail a "better" lynch when frankly I think jimbob has been a great play for awhile now

As for your evidence re: Zen defending moody but not reading him, I'm going to need to re-read because I haven't gotten that impression at all, though that can certainly be chalked up to me not reading carefully enough. I guess a big part of this too is I just didn't see a ton of moody momentum building before the jimbob wagon took off so it's hard for me to buy this argument that Zen is trying to distract us from moody when I didn't even feel like moody was a slot I need to be distracted from. I feel like the slots that would have needed diversion from them are Red Ryu, SirG, PW, H_A, Dark Horse, maybe Gamma? Just my general impression of how the thread has been leaning but you could certainly reasonably disagree

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:@bessie
@Boom

bessie's analysis of moody leaves him as null, but moody is Boom's strongest scum read. Boom, could you go into detail about why you feel so strongly about moody? Is this not his standard mo as bessie has stated?

He is on his standard MO, but that's not my scum tell on him. His latest read list is crap, mpolo sunk to neutral with no reason besides that he didn't post. But mpolo's activity is always low, especially with this volume of posts and especially with RL issues coming up. Townie points don't degrading with time. If Moody actually thought mpolo's claim was a townie behavior then mpolo should have stayed townie on his list. But he let the fact that he was attacked in his mpolo read affect his "opinion" of mpolo to try and avoid the criticism. Real townies are willing to have a controversial opinion.

Also, his list is mostly scum but he has JimBob as town.

Most likely universe, Moody and Jim are buddies but second most likely Moody is scum and Jim is town so I'd rather lynch Moody first.

I know how you feel about Moody going down too easy, I do the same damn thing as you are trying to do right now, but you extended your credit too much and I can't follow you on this when I have such a strong read.

Please explain who your 99%+ scum read and who your "only person to lynch today" were, or reveal if that was pure bluster.

Regarding Bessie: I'm suprised that she didn't pick up on the mpolo thing. She noted it, but she didn't feel it odd that mpolo's "data was lost". I'm leaning slightly scum which makes me sad. :(

This will be my last big post before deadline. I'm going to be very busy tonight so beyond a half hour on the bus I've got no time. I'll probably have to skim the rest in order to be able to post at all. EGW, quote ping me if I need to change votes, but try to only do it once if you need to.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
FrozenFlame
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:26 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby FrozenFlame » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:29 pm UTC

Ninja'd by plytho, above post is responding to Sabrar

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:30 pm UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:he's literally quitting because people want to lynch him for claiming indy? Like wtf? Have you never played mafia before? Who taught you that claiming indy D1 was EVER a good idea? lmao

It was mod confirmed that anyone who kills me dies, I thought that would make a difference. Don't act like I'm an idiot for making one misjudgment. And please read what I said, I didn't quit because people want to lynch me, I quit because there's no point in getting distracted from irl stuff by a game I've already lost.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests