Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Evil George Washington

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:06 pm UTC

Welcome Laserguy. I have played with ScumZen a few times. In general he likes to play differently each time, so it's hard to pin down the differences. He doesn't like to bus. He's pretty competent as either alignment. I would expect a believable case from him on his scumreads though if town. So I do see some good questioning from him this game, but not so much a convincing case on his scumread.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:09 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Welcome Laserguy.

Thanks.

I have played with ScumZen a few times. In general he likes to play differently each time, so it's hard to pin down the differences. He doesn't like to bus. He's pretty competent as either alignment. I would expect a believable case from him on his scumreads though if town. So I do see some good questioning from him this game, but not so much a convincing case on his scumread.

Not sure how to parse this. Do you mean that you find his scumreads to be suspect? Or that you don't find arguments for him being scummy to be convincing at this point?

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:12 pm UTC

One more question about the bailing scenario: who's going to be your backup?

Regarding your two scum team theory: aren't we missing a second kill?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:13 pm UTC

I meant that I don't find his scumreads convincing this game. Especially Jimbob.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:15 pm UTC

I think Judgement voting Amrock is a good thing to do, it deals with our problem of Sirg slot giving people double votes which would in a way, block their votes if they don't want him to win. I do think Madge should test her treestump claim though, that is very important.

Judgement vote: Amrock

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:17 pm UTC

Disregard the backup question. If it looks like you're bailing last minute enough people might be online to mass switch and judge lynch you instead.

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:19 pm UTC

Holy fucking walls batman

Gonna need some time to be able to digest all of that. Y'all are wayyyyy more productive than I am during night phase. I took all that time off from the game lmao

So anyway, having Amrock (i.e. SirG) in the Judgment pool is mana from heaven. We get to deal with the slot for free, hooray!

Judgement Vote: Amrock

Vote: Mpolo

Amrock we know is non-town so that's a no brainer. Laser guy said that he could only pick one other target to include in judgement, so if he's telling the truth that means that someone targeted Zyth & SirG as swap targets last night. The only person we know of in this game with a target swapping ability is Mpolo. Now why exactly would he target Zyth & SirG's slot last night? The townie explanation is "well I thought Zyth would have guns pointing at him and wanted those killshots to hit SirG instead." That's a questionable rationale though considering Zyth was coming under some heat late in the day phase yesterday which makes me a bit curious as to how someone would think Zyth would be a primary NK target. The fact that he wanted Zyth in his judgement pool (ostensibly because he thought Zyth was a prime scum suspect) betrays this rationale as non-concomitant with his own understanding of how Zyth was being read. :thinkingemoji:

I get the feeling that mpolo was up to something more nefarious and instead was trying to redirect shots targeted at SirG to Zyth, though I'll admit motive there is a bit murkier. Zyth picking up on the fact that Portal's main character would be a perfect role for a redirector, and also realizing that it would fit very well thematically to have the Portal main character have to have something to do with bringing down Glados really does provide a somewhat decent explanation for why mpolo may not have wanted someone else to off SirG over the night phase. Seeing these slots interact N1 in this way really has generated some burning suspicion that there's something mechanically bringing their focus onto each other.

Also I say we absolutely take LaserGuy up on his offer to "hammer" Amrock in the judgement vote even though it doesn't seem like there really is such a thing. My guess is that LaserGuy is going to be the official "cause" of whoever dies to the judgement vote because he's claiming to be the person who activated the ability, so frankly, having him "hammer" IMO will be redundant, but it protects us incase my assumption here is wrong.

That's the important stuff I wanted to hit for now. I'll hopefully be able to dig into those walls and whatever new content gets posted in the meantime by sometime later tonight

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:23 pm UTC

Frozenflame I want an updated full reads list from you.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:27 pm UTC

Moody theory: Depending on how is role was used, I assume his mates would also know this information thanks to him. So, it may clue us in to see how his mates interacted with him when considering the setup numbers he predicted, which I theorize to be fake. I would assume they would either respond with a setup number of their own to posture and interact with their buddy. Or, they would simply not comment on it.

Now that Megaman has absorbed his ability, I feel he may have the same knowledge that Moody had. I used to have a role called "Informed mafia goon" in a game on Mafiascum which had given me the entire setup, this is why I theorize Moody's role to be similar to this. Since he has been focusing a lot on setup, I assume that's what he was doing. Now that Megaman absorbed it, then I feel Megaman should claim this knowledge to town so we can guess the setup correctly, and make the right moves from there on. I think Megaman should do so as early as possible so he doesn't die in the night without telling us. Otherwise, we can all hypo claim our setup number predictions so that if and when Megaman dies, we can go back to his hypoclaim to see his result within his hypoclaim.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:30 pm UTC

Zen: I want you to expand on Spak right now, and I want you to comment on my Boomfrog case. I am wondering why you town read him based on your reads aligning, when you know I look for motivation behind the posting and not just who agrees/disagrees with me. You haven't looked into his intent.

Amrock

Postby Amrock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:31 pm UTC

Hello!!!! I'm a survivor which means I win with whoever I want!!! I also have the ability to give people a double vote - I gave it to frozen flame last night.

I haven't read the game and don't blame you if you lynch me though. But I'm a kind soul, please realize this!

Also if you kill me you die too. But w/e

Uhh will I be scum hunting? Absolutely not. I'm planning to at least have one day of glory!! But I'm definitely not actively going against town.

So, I was thinking to hold a joke contest, and first prize I will vote for them this day phase and second prize I will give them a double vote for tmrw.

Thoughts?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:32 pm UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:Also I say we absolutely take LaserGuy up on his offer to "hammer" Amrock in the judgement vote even though it doesn't seem like there really is such a thing. My guess is that LaserGuy is going to be the official "cause" of whoever dies to the judgement vote because he's claiming to be the person who activated the ability, so frankly, having him "hammer" IMO will be redundant, but it protects us incase my assumption here is wrong.

I've asked YOLO about this possibility. We'll see if I get anything useful back from him on it.

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 pm UTC

Amrock wrote:Thoughts?

We know about your secondary win condition and intend to kill you today.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:36 pm UTC

Laserguy: I have had some issues with Bessie mostly due to her not really engaging with me when I try to engage her. Is this normal for her? Does she always prioritize analyzing over interacting with others via conversation?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm UTC

I'm out of town right now by the way, and I will be home tonight. I might post from mobile at work tomorrow. So I'll be back later.

Amrock

Postby Amrock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:41 pm UTC

Win con:

I win if I live to endgame OR I give someone a vote on someone else that works three times.

Don't lynch me!!!!

Amrock

Postby Amrock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:43 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
Amrock wrote:Thoughts?

We know about your secondary win condition and intend to kill you today.

Your loss man!!' When a townie hammeres me I lose AND they die, if you lynch this other dude only he dies and I can keep dishing out double votes. Could be useful in LyLo!

Hey frozen its mulch

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:44 pm UTC

Welcome Mulch. This is Ranmaru. :)

Amrock

Postby Amrock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:45 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Welcome Mulch. This is Ranmaru. :)

Hey ran!! Ugh if I knew this was true I would have given you the double vote instead of frozen. Just picked someone I knew lmao

Amrock

Postby Amrock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:47 pm UTC

Ran do you want me to vote with you this period??

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:47 pm UTC

Actually you wouldn't be able to have effected me last night. Yes, I do want you to vote with me.

Amrock

Postby Amrock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:48 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Actually you wouldn't be able to have effected me last night. Yes, I do want you to vote with me.

Who we voting?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:48 pm UTC

Boomfrog.

Amrock

Postby Amrock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:49 pm UTC

vote: boomfrog

Let's go! Anything else you need from me?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:50 pm UTC

Not right now, no! Thanks.

Amrock

Postby Amrock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:51 pm UTC

Alright. Also I received a night actions of two names. Anyone want them?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:54 pm UTC

Wait. You got two names in the night? I would like them but before that, what's the context? What's it about, I'm not sure it's something you should reveal until we know it's safe to reveal. (I don't want to out people accidentally)

Amrock

Postby Amrock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:55 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Wait. You got two names in the night? I would like them but before that, what's the context? What's it about, I'm not sure it's something you should reveal until we know it's safe to reveal. (I don't want to out people accidentally)

Welp I don't know. Just a night actions that said two names.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:56 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Laserguy: I have had some issues with Bessie mostly due to her not really engaging with me when I try to engage her. Is this normal for her? Does she always prioritize analyzing over interacting with others via conversation?

I would say that this is a very typical bessie post. She usually only posts in the evenings (or evenings for me, at least), and it's usually two or three giant walls responding to a large number of players and content, followed maybe by a quick reply or two. Here's a similar style post from another game, for reference (she was town). Near the end of the day, I'd expect a giant reads list that is all analysis with few direct replies or questions. She is very analytical, but she is typically poking and prodding people constantly.

Her not being responsive to you I would consider to be... a bit weird, yeah. Try quoting her in your posts that you want her to respond to. I know she relies a lot on notifications.

[quote=Amrock]Welp I don't know. Just a night actions that said two names.[/quote]

Is it judgment between you and I?

Amrock

Postby Amrock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:00 pm UTC

Nope

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:09 pm UTC

Judgement Vote: Amrock

Vote: #HBC | Zyth

These are obvious. Re-read and answers in a bit, timing caught me by surprise.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:10 pm UTC

I have only slightly skimmed the thread -- mostly looking for questions for me.

I am not a character from Portal.

I fear that I am responsible for the Judgment falling onto Amrock, however. At the point when I sent in my action, Zyth was one of my town reads. Hoping he'd get killed, I swapped him with LaserGuy/Amrock.

Judgment Vote: Amrock
Image <-- Evil experiment

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:12 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I have only slightly skimmed the thread -- mostly looking for questions for me.

I am not a character from Portal.

I fear that I am responsible for the Judgment falling onto Amrock, however. At the point when I sent in my action, Zyth was one of my town reads. Hoping he'd get killed, I swapped him with LaserGuy/Amrock.

You were hoping one of your townreads would get killed?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:12 pm UTC

MPOLO I want to see your reads list and vote.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:21 pm UTC

plytho wrote:One more question about the bailing scenario: who's going to be your backup?

Whomever wants to be, I guess. If people are concerned I guess they can try to rearrange how they like.

Regarding your two scum team theory: aren't we missing a second kill?

Yes, I was a bit surprised about that, though there's a lot of reasons for why that could have happened that don't exclude two scum teams (eg. Roleblock, Doctor, scum target same person, etc.). But admittedly, it is a point against this theory.

Peaceful Whale

Re: Crossover Mafia | N1 | 9/16

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:23 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:

Questions for Peace Whale:

Why did you sign up for mafia in general? Who invited you? What do you like and dislike about town, and mafia? Which do you like better? What’s your game plan as scum? What’s your game plan as town? What has been the purpose of your posting D1 and on? Why haven’t you been as active?

Btw, am I the only one who feels like this post is kinda weird?

BoomFrog wrote:@Sabrar, I can understand the Dgamers finding my style scummy but you should know me better then that. My wine this game has been minimal compared to my opening in Dark Tower and I'm always trying to provoke people early game with really pressure (which is why we lynched scum D1 in X-men btw, so although you don't like it you have to admit it gets results). I've actually been fairly laid back this game since Zyth then EGW have been drumming up content, I haven't had to.

Give me one specific thing that you still feel was a mistake in my play.

Peace Whale, can you go more into this? What
about it seems weird?

I started X-Men becuase they needed more people, and am slowly trying to become a better player. I've been sick today, and this will probably be my only post for today/ and maybe tomorrow.

I don't think that is my quote... I think you are confusing me with someone else. Becuase "Give me one specific thing that you still feel was a mistake in my play." doesn't seem like something I'd do. But boomfrog seems to be defending her/himself weirdly. To me it's saying, "I look like scum but trust me, I've looked scummiest when I was town remember?" It just feels off, something scum would do, and I wouldn't be surprised if Boomfrog was scum.

I've got information for town about who is town. Maybe I'll tell later,

(I had to go away for a while, undoubtedly ninja' a bunch)
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:27 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Hopes FF will avoid Gut reads in the future. Why is giving out gut reads something you would want him to refrain from doing (or anyone else for the matter)?
I don't like reads without explanation because that is an easy way for scum to falsify them.

Evil George Washington wrote:When Madge pointed out that Sabrar should have known Glados also killed people via lynch, why did you give her an explanation instead of asking her a question?
Because I think she's Town and simply misremembered something.

Evil George Washington wrote:Why did you omit the details of Maven’s second post in your read of him? Curious.
I don't have the time to go line-by-line for everyone, maybe sometime later when there are fewer players to analyze.

Evil George Washington wrote:What is your read on Boomfrog?
Still find him scummy. However I feel the case against Zen is stronger.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:33 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I've got information for town about who is town. Maybe I'll tell later,

Given how much you've already revealed about your role, I don't imagine there's much harm in revealing your target at some point during the day. Maybe someone else can chime in if they can think of a reason not to.

Gamma Emerald

Postby Gamma Emerald » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:35 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:@Gamma Emerald: Can we expect better content from you today? I'd rather not have to lynch you, but your current play will make a big liability in the endgame.
@Gamma Emerald: Why did you settle on jimbob instead of moody to vote?

Yes my content will be improved. I've read the stuff I missed, I started an external readlist for the game to void having to keep it in my head between times I am here, and I expect to be more active. As for me voting jimbob I was less sure on moody at a certain point, and by the time I decided to just hammer instead of sitting on Madge it was already done.
Also HOLY SHIT that's a lot of content. I HIGHLY doubt that was made after you received your role so no volume clearing for you. Anyway, I'm fairly certain I know what my night phase reading time is going towards.

Gamma Emerald

Postby Gamma Emerald » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:@plytho: If Zyth is scum, who are his scumbuddies?
moody

What? why are you answering with the obvious?

Return to “Mafia”