Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Evil George Washington

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:30 am UTC

I'm not going to sit here and say nothing to her abusing the benefit of the doubt others have given her. The tree stump thing is what set me off yesterday and I don't trust her.

I haven't had time to do so, I'll respond soon though.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:44 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Regarding the bolded. It was clear to me from Boom's post that the roller coaster was internal, not something that he represented in his posts. My thinking is that he made that one initial post, came back later with a bunch of posts to read, read them, experienced the roller coaster of reads, and then posted about it. He wasn't saying that he showed that in his initial post. He was just stating that was his experience while getting caught up. I will say that the underlined is a good point. I still have no cussing clue as to why Sabrar thought PWs post was scummy. So I don't get how Boom thought it was scummy either.

IDK man I don't see what's scummy here. He hadn't given his read on a number of players at this point.

This post is absolutely satisfactory. Maven even agreed it was satisfactory and dropped his Boom push after this. Again, I don't see what was scummy about PW's post, but the overall logic behind this is solid.

EGW scumread on BOOM
I disagree. I got a read from mpolo's claim as well. This isn't scummy, it's just early read forming.

1. Doesn't seem like it to me. Boomfrog, is this true? If so, what exact quote of Sabrar did you feel was scummy causing this 'rollercoaster' and why?
2. That is supporting that he wanted to keep a distance towards Moody. He didn't give a direct stance on what Moody was doing or even attempt to.
3. What about it is solid? Why is it satisfactory?
4. I should be more clear. I mean that it was to early to decide he was an INDY based on his meta reasoning. If you disagree with me, tell me how he could read him as INDY through meta from his first post?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:45 am UTC

Thank you for commenting on my case, by the way. I want you to tell me your updated read on Boomfrog when you can, Zen.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:52 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:why did you randomly claim protection last night?

Why do you ask this? This question seems redundant bro. It's obvious why I'd want to claim protection.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:why did you randomly claim protection last night?

Why do you ask this? This question seems redundant bro. It's obvious why I'd want to claim protection.
It's not at all obvious. Explain.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:59 am UTC

So I don't get nightkilled. N1 I have little info, so it's a good option to use.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:59 am UTC

Why do you want to know?

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:01 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:So I don't get nightkilled. N1 I have little info, so it's a good option to use.

That's why you used it, not why you claimed it.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:01 am UTC

I'm not asking why you were protected. I'm asking what the point of telling us was. But nvm I'll let it be for now.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:03 am UTC

Of course the thing that plytho would comment on is something involving roles.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:06 am UTC

Amrock wrote:Hey ran!! Ugh if I knew this was true I would have given you the double vote instead of frozen. Just picked someone I knew lmao

I was responding to this. I wanted to soft (not really, it's pretty blatant) that I used that, to help others have a better idea of what happened N1.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:08 am UTC

Ok cool, so do you think you were targeted for nk? Do you get anything saying you were visited? And it blocked my hidden message ability too?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:12 am UTC

I'll answer in a bit, but in the meantime, can you give me your updated read on Boomfrog?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:18 am UTC

I'm not sure if I was. I did think I might have been nightkilled and felt the best time to use it was N1. I did not receive a hidden message, nor was I told I was visited.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:18 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:I'll answer in a bit, but in the meantime, can you give me your updated read on Boomfrog?
It's still the same. If I'm wrong I'll be very sad.

It seems like your case is just misinterpreting his internal thoughts as things he is claiming to have said. You feel he should have left a paper trail of his thoughts, but I just dont't think he's had the time to play that way / maybe doean't play that way in general.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:21 am UTC

Boom led the moody lynch. It would not have taken off or remained stable had it not been for him.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:23 am UTC

plytho wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:That's why you used it, not why you claimed it.

Hey Plytho. What's your updated read on Boomfrog, Bessie, and Peaceful Whale? (Zen will get to you in a minute)

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:30 am UTC

bessie wrote:Some responses, p28 and p29.

Perhaps. But without the claim, do you think Madge could get away with this?

D1, almost for sure. Sabrar would have fought very hard against anyone who tried. I think BoomFrog probably would have as well. Later days, I don't know. In Shakespeare, Madge softclaimed early and was otherwise acting pretty scummy for basically the whole game. Sabrar consistently defended her to the very end of the game, and his read on her was right. I don't think I've actually played a game where Madge hasn't claimed something early, now that I think about it.

bessie wrote:Peaceful Whale has not confirmed or denied a specific power, nor has he claimed a night result. Why are you fishing so hard?

I can't think of a way to respond to this question without revealing specifically what I think is going on with him. Ask me again later in the day if you feel it is important to come back to this.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@LaserGuy, what were you trying to get at with the second half of that question?
@LaserGuy - why did you ask me for reads on players who have posted very little since my previous set of reads of them?

The answers to these two questions are essentially the same I think. I'm looking for connections between you and other players I find scummy.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@LaserGuy - what do you think about Zyth's suggestion that he'd rather lynch lurkers early than scum?

It feels weird to me, no question. I guess I see the logic D1, especially if their games typically offer Town more mislynches than ours often do. What you really want to avoid is ended up in LYLO with a couple of lurky Townies and a Town-looking scum.

@Evil George Washington: Is this idea of lynching lurkers over more obviously scummy, but active, players something that is regularly practiced in your forums?

Going to pick my battles tonight. The rest of your content and replies to Zyth will have to wait till later. I haven't forgotten about you though.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 am UTC

vote: evil george washington

there you go, I'm voting! :D

...too much?

but seriously... like, why are you so obsessed with me? I mean I'm obsessed with me because I'm so amazing, but you can't possibly know that already.

For the record: I will happily become a tree stump if the alternative is NL. This will not change.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:37 am UTC

LaserGuy: It's more of an equal practice. Scum do lurk so we shouldn't let them prance around town while we focus on actives only. Znirk is a good example. I disagree with Zen saying we should do it D1 though, D2 is a much better day for that. I think it just varies from time to time, and we have to be able to adapt.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:39 am UTC

Speaking of which:
Can we get a prod on heuristically_alone?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:39 am UTC

Unvote; Vote: Znirk

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 am UTC

Madge wrote:like, why are you so obsessed with me? I mean I'm obsessed with me because I'm so amazing, but you can't possibly know that already.

I don't see what the problem is with you helping town with your vote while you are not using it.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 am UTC

Question to those that have meta on Madge:

Does she always vote herself or not use her vote in other games? Does she try to scumhunt in other games? What exactly does she do?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:02 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Sabrar - please could you clarify why you believed Zyth to be scum at that point in time.

Refuses to read moody (also here and here).
Fights constantly against his lynch (also see her content close to the end of the day).
Knows he will flip scum before moody comes out.

@Madge: permission to psychoanalyse you from across the globe? :D

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:07 am UTC

Psychoanalyse me? Go for it.

I voted for myself yesterday because my power was activated by votes, and my vote is a convenient source of votes. I have been known not to vote D1 for over a year.

I like attention and don't like combing things for reads, I'm bad at it. I tend to rely on advice from dead town players more than I rely on my own reads. I like drama and theatrics and twists.

I'm basically like this IRL too so I'm pretty insufferable in general :wink:
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:13 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:However I'm not so sure everyone is right about boomfrog, I don't like him?/her?.
Zyrth... I'm not so sure... losts of people are leaning scum on him, but I feel like there are scummyer people. But he seems to be backing into a corner. Way to go plytho!

Go more into these two. What about boomfrog don't you like? Why do you feel Zen is backing into a corner? Why do you say 'way to go Plytho!'?

If you had school, did you say that in D1 that you were busy because of school? Just wondering.

Yep, I meant I was busy at school.

Zen is having to defend himself from plytho, who I feel is putting pressure on him. I just like it’s a towny thing to do, especially if he thinks zynth is scum. Putting pressure on a towny can also lead to their townie confirmation, and then townies can kinda move on with scum hunting. (Like what happed to boomfrog). I’d like to see how this turns out. And if plytho tunnels too much, and zynth flips town, it can point to the fact that plytho was scum or something of that nature.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:20 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Sabrar - please could you clarify why you believed Zyth to be scum at that point in time.

Refuses to read moody (also here and here).
I can't believe I forgot to say this. My "confident he'll be readable tomorrow" was me crumbing. I thought it was likely he would be one of the names you chose.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:23 am UTC

plytho wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:That's why you used it, not why you claimed it.

Hey Plytho. What's your updated read on Boomfrog, Bessie, and Peaceful Whale? (Zen will get to you in a minute)

I'll get you BoomFrog, Bessie and Gamma later, I want to properly read them. Peaceful Whale still looks townie to me. I do remember him saying he thought moody was town D1 as motivation not to vote him. This may be a minor point against PW.

mpolo

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby mpolo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:26 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
mpolo wrote:Really annoyed with a "not doing anything" when I put several hours into reading this thread today and produced a long post. (Just spent another hour reading the end of the day.) If it is absolutely required to get a post in every 2-3 hours you can just lynch me, because I do have a life outside the forum.
I'm so sorry. I'm the one that needs to read. I misread your post asking me about my claim. I thought you were asking me about n0. Yes, I used it n1 as well: on George.

I don't think I'm being too defensive. Two of the first few posts as soon as the day started were giant walls against me. Could you go through and tell me which points you think are valid against me and which points you think I've nullified or cleared up? I find it troublesome that I'm one of your scum reads when I was your strongest town read going into the night. What about my play did you not like at the end of the day? You have jim in your scum reads so I'm really confused here. It looks to me like you are just trying to line up with consensus despite not actually reading me as scum.

Towards the end of the day you got extremely fixed on lynching lurkers, even to the point of saying that lynching any lurker (logically including a townie) is objectively better than lynching scum. This rubs me very much the wrong way. Then there's some flailing for lynch targets. I understand to some extent, because the day was nearing end and consensus was hard to get. Sorry, the hospital claimed "Many of our rooms have free Internet", but mine had nothing -- no WiFi in sight, no Ethernet ports. Otherwise, I could have been of more help then. The consensus did have a major effect on my feelings on you, obviously -- I already said that I hadn't read the last couple of pages of D1 until my last post, so I was definitely colored by other people's analyses. When people I am tending to trust post, I do allow their analysis to color my thinking. Of course a Sabrar-EGW scum team could have made lots of plans during the long night to frame someone.

Posting this before reading the posts under this so as not to miss it. More in a moment, probably. Double Ninja not read yet.
Image <-- Evil experiment

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:48 am UTC

O.K. Got through that.

Madge is the proverbial "I hate D1" player, who mostly posts to complain that she doesn't have any reads. As a result, she often signs up to replace, so that she comes in with something to comment on. My read at the moment is that she is simply frustrated -- her main abilities are never going to be activated at this point. The tree stump claim may or may not be true, but it doesn't seem like something we want to test, at least at present.

Zen's content at the end of D1 is disturbing. It is hard to judge "adequately defending yourself because you are town" and "desperately trying to deflect a lynch because you are scum". With Zen having implied a somewhat weak power, the tone of the defense seems slightly exaggerated. This is not iron-clad, obviously.

I had missed that Peaceful Whale is younger than average. That helps explain the situation a lot, actually. Not that it helps me get a read. I'm still going newbie town, though. There seem to be bursts of trying to be helpful to town.

I think I need to try to read through a couple of players in isolation to separate myself from the guiding opinions of others. Theoretically Wednesday is a fairly good day for this.
Image <-- Evil experiment

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:54 am UTC

This will be my last post until deadline day. Unless Znirk really steps it up, or there's lynch support for one of those I posted below, I don't see my vote changing. We aren't lynching Boom, Zyth, Frozen, Madge, EGW, PW, Laser, or plytho today. Reluctantly, Sabrar either. bessie has been active and engaged so she as well. Lynching any of these people who have been active and engaging, and most of who were on the moody lynch would be freaking stupid. Gosh I'm so annoyed by Sabrar.

jim would be a great info lynch.
Gamma would be a great liability lynch.
Znirk would be a great lurker lynch.
h_a I would support if it happened.
I have a theory on Spak and Ruy, so I'm holding off on them for now, but if the crowd went that way, I'd definitely join in.

@Boom, when you get back. Updated read on h_a?

NinEdit: mpolo tip-toeing around my slot is really disturbing me. Would lynch.

PEace.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:03 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:(Zen will get to you in a minute)
#HBC | Zyth wrote:This will be my last post until deadline day.
Aww, I was kind of looking forward to that :D

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:07 am UTC

LOL I meant I will get to him soon, not that he'll get to you in a minute. Sorry.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:30 am UTC

Just finished catching up on overnight content on my way to work.

I can't remember who asked, but to whoever asked me about FrozenFlame, I'm having trouble reading him instinctively because nothing he's said has really stood out to me either way when thinking back. I'm hoping to get a proper read following a reread of his posts later today.

I find it funny that Zyth included himself in the list of non-lynchables, given that he current is viewed very scummily by several players, whom I view as townie. I don't personally have a read on BoomFrog, but similarly there have been quite a few suspicions on him too.

I sympathise a bit with Madge. At this point I'm struggling to play my usual style due to the game size, and I get the impression she is too.

@Madge, even if you aren't able to get a good feel for everyone, please try taking a look at a small number of players at least.

I don't currently support getting her to tree stump herself, as I don't see it benefitting town losing a vote, which later on is more likely to be useful.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:51 am UTC

Zen: I'd like to see Boomfrog come in and explain wrt his playstyle and if he had something he can point to that he was referring to. Also, he did not lead it. I started it, but left it to vote Dark Horse. Then he came back to it saying he'd analyse it later. (Much later) He didn't push for votes on Moody. I pushed for some earlier, others just came on (Jim, Znirk, etc), Sabrar brought me back to it.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:00 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@EGW: did you play with BoomFrog before?

Why did you ask me about Boomfrog here, Sabrar? (Since it was Frozenflame who was the one who somehow mentioned me being in Darktower, not Boom)

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:01 am UTC

Frozenflame: Why did you think I was in Dark Tower?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:03 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@EGW: I agree Zen needs to put out his reads. But why are you not willing to be third on the Sir G vote? And why vote for Moody when you have more negative things to say about Red?

I still don't like this quote. I want others thoughts on this quote.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:08 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Why did you ask me about Boomfrog here, Sabrar?
Because of this. 'Bro' implied familiarity to me and if you played with him in DT before then that could have explained it.

Return to “Mafia”