Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:04 pm UTC

Responding to quote pings without reading other stuff yet.
Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:@Bessie, and Sabrar: in bin chicken, plytho was town right? Did he do this passive mud slinging thing as town as well?
plytho did no such thing in Bin Chicken. Then again he didn't do anything else either, seeing that he didn't play in that game. He played in Fridge but you modded that so you don't need our help figuring it out.

What was his last town game? He was scum in Shakespeare and Fridge.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:14 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:why do you want Madge to suicide for you? She is so clearly town it's painful. Same question to Sabrar and anyone else who supported testing this.
Where do you get this from? I'm arguing against it here.
Getting a feeling of lazy!BoomFrog here.

A) Wtf? I'm not being lazy I'm bring busy. You definitely said something like, "I'm against treestumping Madge but we can test it if we need to." You should be vehemently against essentially killing your strongest townie read.

B) I think you linked the wrong quote or I'm really not understanding. This is related. I'm seeing:
Sabrar wrote:If we're afraid that the 'hammerer' gets also killed then LaserGuy could unvote and re-vote (with no-one voting after him). That way GLaDOS can't take 2 players with him (presumably).


C) Lists need three things. Woof. :D
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:21 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:What was his last town game? He was scum in Shakespeare and Fridge.
bessie already listed it here. Dark Tower, in which you also played.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:28 pm UTC

A) You said 'suicide'. Madge offered to hammer the Judgement vote. I linked to my counter-proposal where no such risk would be needed. Clarify next time if that's not what you meant.
B) If you wanted to refer to the treestump then I did agree to it here but only as an alternative to mislynching her which would be even worse. Still don't see where you're getting your ideas from.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:43 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:@Bessie, and Sabrar: in bin chicken, plytho was town right? Did he do this passive mud slinging thing as town as well?
He didn’t play Bin Chicken. Summary of plytho’s history:
Diablo- town
Dark Tower- town
Shakespeare III- scum
Refrigerator- scum
Crossover- scum

BoomFrog wrote:So, if you can prove someone is town I think you should reveal it near the end of the day cycle. Don't say details about how your role works. Just say, "from my role's result I am XX% sure YYY is town."
Peaceful Whale, don’t do this.

BoomFrog wrote:
bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Regarding Bessie: I'm suprised that she didn't pick up on the mpolo thing. She noted it, but she didn't feel it odd that mpolo's "data was lost". I'm leaning slightly scum which makes me sad. :( .
Please explain why I’m now leaning scum. Is it because I did not read moody exactly the way you wanted me to read him?
Yes.
Ok. So I’m scummy because you could not direct my read of moody to be what you wanted it to be.

BoomFrog wrote: You noted that his mpolo read was odd but didn't note it was scummy. Why?
As I noted in the post to which you are referring, moody’s content was entirely within his meta. I almost always read moody as scummy. I wasn’t going to lead a lynch on someone who I usually read as scummy even when he’s town, but if others without my bias saw him as scummy, I wasn’t going to try to stop it.

1) Thank you for the list. Dying D1 must be why I don't remember him. In Diablo did he do the mudslinging passive thing?

2) @Peaceful Whale: listen to Bessie.

3) Solid. I'm leaning town on Bessie now.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:46 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:In Diablo did he do the mudslinging passive thing?

Can you explain what you mean with 'the mudslinging passive thing'?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:46 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar thoughts on Madges Tree Stump thing she recently noticed as of end of D1?
I believe her missing it originally. I don't think we should test it because losing a vote is bad mechanically but if town consensus is that Madge can't be in the POE then we can do it at some point.

Found it in the pile. This is very passive. I expect your defense of Madge to be stronger.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:51 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:In Diablo did he do the mudslinging passive thing?

Can you explain what you mean with 'the mudslinging passive thing'?

You call a lot of things scummy but you never try and actually build a wagon on anyone. You always wait to see which way the wind is blowing* before pushing any specific lynch.

*Idiom explination corner: this means waiting to see the mood and preferences of those around him before forming an opinion.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:52 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@Peaceful Whale: listen to Bessie.
Why are you back-tracking just because you find bessie townie?

BoomFrog wrote:Found it in the pile. This is very passive. I expect your defense of Madge to be stronger.
You don't read my content, do you?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:58 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Roller Coaster

This is one thing I find questionable from Boomfrog. This wasn’t as understanding as I would expect. To me, a player asking a person to clarify doesn’t show scum indicative mindset so I wonder why he arrived to this conclusion. I’m also not sure how he believed in PW being scum simply from that link. Boomfrog states he scumread Sabrar but his initial post showed no signs of progression of this thought process. He did not question or vote Sabrar, which shows he also did not care to sort him. It makes no sense for him to say that he had a concern with Sabrar which would lead to him telling him to refrain from clarifying.

Regarding the bolded. It was clear to me from Boom's post that the roller coaster was internal, not something that he represented in his posts. My thinking is that he made that one initial post, came back later with a bunch of posts to read, read them, experienced the roller coaster of reads, and then posted about it. He wasn't saying that he showed that in his initial post. He was just stating that was his experience while getting caught up.

I will say that the underlined is a good point. I still have no cussing clue as to why Sabrar thought PWs post was scummy. So I don't get how Boom thought it was scummy either.
The mind meld is strong. Woof. Woof.

Anyway, the link that PW had made the exact same joke read list as scum in his previous game was a bit scummy. It's not like " definitive proof let's lynch him now" but it was for enough to justify Sabrar's post. That's it. Good enough for an early D1 impression.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:03 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:@Peaceful Whale: listen to Bessie.
Why are you back-tracking just because you find bessie townie?

BoomFrog wrote:Found it in the pile. This is very passive. I expect your defense of Madge to be stronger.
You don't read my content, do you?

1) Because... I find her townie. And at this point she is probably better informed on the issue then I am considering how behind the thread I am.

2) Have you not read my disclaimers? I've read to page 29 plus places where people specifically quote me. That's it. Yes I have literally not read your most recent content.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm UTC

Apologies. Look at page 31.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:13 pm UTC

Here's some more bessie stuff:
In this post to bessie I wrote put this on the end:
plytho wrote:Feel free to slap a big ‘active lurkfisher’ sticker on this post so I know I shouldn’t engage you anymore.
Bessie has replied to some of my posts here and I’m feeling like she’s trying to call my bluff on that quote.
Spoiler:
She ignores the most important parts of my post (the bits about our disagreement on principle). Well, not entirely, she uses this to mock me and my argument:
bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:See, this is why you shouldn’t dismiss my reasoning as ‘active lurker fluff’. It was important to point out so town knows what’s going on. I wasn’t considering the two scum team scenario (which, I admit, makes my strategy weaker). By drawing attention to it I make sure all the townies notice it. Scum already noticed it. (See our disagreement in principle above.)
Well obviously scum noticed it. They commented on it.
She seems to think simply saying I’m scum will make it so. Btw, she also ignored this point when Sabrar mentioned it, choosing to respond to a minor point in Sabrar's post. I was expecting this misunderstanding would be cleared up by talking about it and Sabrar clearly got to the core of it but bessie seems to actively avoid it.

One part of my post she does choose to respond to is about the active lurking accusation and completely misses my point.
bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:Too late now. If you think I’m active lurking, say so right away, so I can argue why I don’t think it is. Point out that I’m active lurking so I can’t hide anymore. Instead, you do the opposite, you engage my argument, encouraging me to keep talkin about it.
I did. Page 27. And I’m engaging you on this because you requested I engage with you on it here, and when I didn’t respond quickly enough you reminded me to respond here.

plytho wrote:Ha, I’m not trying to draw you into it. You stepped into it yourself. I had no beef with you on SirG but you felt the need to comment on it.
Reminder, I’m engaging you on this because you requested I engage with you on it here, and when I didn’t respond quickly enough you reminded me to respond here.

Bessie, you stepped into my SirG lynch plan argument here instead of calling out my so called active lurking. You claim you were bothered by my active lurking but instead of saying so you engaged my argument. You say you were trying to call out my active lurking with that post here but that is what I called “too late now”.

This is the only response to my post that I can live with:
bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:So you’re confident that there are two scum teams? Does the jimbob-plytho connection make you confident about the two scum teams, or is it something else?
Where did the “confident” come from?
I was thinking this was a parallel situation to Gamma being suspicious of Sabrar, EGW and me for swinging the vote to moody but I realise it’s not. I’d still like to see bessie explain how I could be a buddy of moody.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:15 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:In Diablo did he do the mudslinging passive thing?
Can you explain what you mean with 'the mudslinging passive thing'?
You call a lot of things scummy but you never try and actually build a wagon on anyone. You always wait to see which way the wind is blowing* before pushing any specific lynch.
Thanks, I'll let bessie (or others) get back to you on this.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby mpolo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:39 pm UTC

I'd better post just so that I know how far I've read.

bessie: Her behavior seems consistent with what she usually does as town. I don't really know her scum meta, though. But the tunneling on a particular interpretation of a player is not all that uncommon for her.

plytho: I have a vaguely scummy feeling about him, but not enough that I can pack it into a ball of proof. It may be somewhat peripheral to the bessie-plytho argument though. Certainly not something I'd vote without further analysis/development.

Zyth said that she had posted her last up to deadline, which is suboptimal for us, but I guess we have to live with it. My scum read here is heavily influenced by others, so would depend a lot on whether we reached consensus.

BoomFrog: Is always hard for me to read. I tend to read him more scummy than he necessarily is. That said, I have him in the vaguely scummy group.

jimbobmacdoodle: extreme need to reread in isolation. I have him as scum mostly because others that I currently trust put him there, which is clearly not enough.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:39 pm UTC

Quick thoughts on a few people...

FrozenFlame: Reviewing his content at Zyth's request has really degraded my opinion of the slot. Frozen is very skilled at making giant walls that have little productive content. In terms of actual reads or scum hunting, he is seriously deficient... His push on jimbob was very lazy and he never really comments on the moody wagon at all. Still hasn't posted reads on half of the field and the reads he has are extremely dated. Very active lurky vibes. Happy to park my vote here for now.

plytho: Really not liking his contributions today. The tunneling I'm seeing reminds me a lot of his scum play from his last two games. He's a little too interested in other people's roles for my taste and several of his reads look very suspicious to me. Would happily vote this slot as well.

I'm not loving EGW pushing pretty much only two of my strongest townreads andespecially especially his suggestion of stumping Madge. Still reading town but I'm more ambivalent about him.

Jimbob and Ryu's content have improved dramatically.

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:22 pm UTC

I'll get to this after work today, got a lot of forms I need to work on right now.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:44 pm UTC

I will also get to this after work. Sabrar, are you working on a reads list? I will be working on mine soon.

User avatar
FrozenFlame
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:26 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby FrozenFlame » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 pm UTC

So I'm even farther behind thanks to a busy evening last night but I'm hoping to finish my review of the moody wagon tonight and truly get my reads up to date

Wanted to address a few things though. First of all, it seems like people are saying I'm a top play contender because of something Zyth said or something related to Zyths defense of himself? I didn't pick up the source of where this hate toward my slot is coming from while I was skimming to try to keep up but this is some seriously gross shit. I'm legitimately shocked that people are seemingly opportunistically pivoting to try to wagon me despite the fact that I never actively opposed the moody wagon. I just thought jimbob would have been better at the time. My read on jimbob was changed for a few reasons but still, if people think I bussed moody or some shit you're out of your mind. People were literally asking me to push jimbob and Gamma as wagons harder to try to get a competitive wagon going to compete with moody and I literally declined. I said that I wasn't going to try to make a push for those wagons if people werent feeling them but I also wasn't going to say I agreed that moody was the better play. Talk about a shitty ass bus. Why even take an anti moody wagon stance and run the risk of being linked back to him because of it if I wasn't even going to try to get people to jump off that wagon? There is nothing to be gained as scum from taking such a poor position. I was legitimately just being honest about the fact that I thought jimbob and Gamma were scummier than moody. I never said moody was a bad play, only that the way the wagon gained a lot of momentum late in the day was suspect.

LaserGuy wrote:Quick thoughts on a few people...

FrozenFlame: Reviewing his content at Zyth's request has really degraded my opinion of the slot. Frozen is very skilled at making giant walls that have little productive content. In terms of actual reads or scum hunting, he is seriously deficient... His push on jimbob was very lazy and he never really comments on the moody wagon at all. Still hasn't posted reads on half of the field and the reads he has are extremely dated. Very active lurky vibes. Happy to park my vote here for now.

I'm really, really surprised that XKCD players, especially people that were in Dark Tower with me, are still saying I'm scummy for having a loquacious posting style. Yes, I dress up a lot of what I have to say with some fluffy flavor and tone. Yes I am verbose. Yes I could be more concise and direct. But I do all this shit naturally, its just my playstyle. I was town in Dark Tower and I got literally this exact same criticism from folks in that game. That should be a clear indicator that my tendency to allegedly "write giant walls with very little productive content" is clearly non-alignment indicative. I disagree with the charge btw, but if that's how people see my content then they, well atleast the XKCDers and SWF people who have played with me before, should know that I have a tendency to use far too many words to say anything. Huge red flag seeing LaserGuy come after me for this, and I'd point a similar FoS toward anyone whos played with me before who is sympathetic to the argument considering I've had this posting style universally and it features just as prominently when I'm town as scum. Especially in the early game when I'm only really responding to what sticks out to me as opposed to every line in this deluge of content.

I also want to clear up the who conflation I made re: mpolo & Laser's night actions. I mistakenly imputed Laser's intent to target Zyth as the judgement target to mpolo wanting to swap Zyth & Amrock/SirG. The argument I put forth remains generally the same, that being, that mpolo I think made a questionable move trying to swap Zyth for SirG with the ostensible goal of redirecting NKs targeting Zyth to SirG. I think that move was questionable because anyone paying attention to the thread late in the day phase would have known that Zyth was an unlikely NK target the slot was getting some heat by the end because of resistance to the moody wagon. So my comment re: mpolo thinking Zyth was town not matching his night actions was a mistake, which became even more clear to me when it was mentioned later that mpolo wasn't even watching the thread during the end of D1 due to being in the hospital, thus he wouldn't have even seen how Zyth was being treated near the end of the day. Hope that clears that mistake of mine up.

Big update on jimbob that I want to lay out briefly: no way scumbob gives me this kind of credit IMO

FrozenFlame wrote:FrozenFlame: His early posts seem to mostly be joking and setup speculation and information. The exception is his agreement with Sabrar over PW's reads list (which I've already covered elsewhere). His wall here includes a lot of noise for not a huge amount of content in the first half. He moves onto explaining his PW read, and attacks me for being cautious (I find that a bit weak, but that's probably because he's attacking me specifically, and I know I'm naturally cautious). In his reads list, I like how he is willing to acknowledge how he might be wrong over plytho, and isn't tunnelling there. On the other hand, most of the rest of his reads strike me as quite weak. His null read on moody doesn't look too great given the flip. In his first period after the weekend, I'm getting a big vibe of only responding to things and not really putting much effort in himself. He hasn't actually tried to get me or any of his other top scum reads to really produce good content to evaluate. He instead spends a lot of time looking at SirG and how to deal with him. He does make one good point against moody, which I like given the flip, particularly drawing the conclusion of a scum slip. He also gets a few townie points for joining in the call to vote by plytho. It's around this point that the quality of his posting picks back up more generally, in my opinion. "This moody wagon gives me really bad vibes" - this comment though is not great in hindsight, especially as he didn't explain it later. Come D2, he raises some interesting points re. mpolo's choice of target as Zyth, although I tentatively disagree, and he later backtracks on this acceptably. I would really appreciate some update reads on those he had as lynch candidates at the end of D1, and whether anybody has taken their place.


Specifically the bolded, though I do overall think his assessment here is fair. But the fact that he picked up on that one comment of mine that no one else seems to want to acknowledge and have frankly probably all forgotten about tells me that jimbob is actually paying the fuck attention now. And why stick his neck out for me like that when he could have easily glossed over it and let it stay buried? So yeah, jimbob is off the playlist now as far as I'm concerned, especially when you combine this with his uptick in activity and hardcore defense of himself before deadline when the wagon against him had already collapsed at that point.

Lastly, here's my general feel on the cast atm. Subject to change though once I finish actually analyzing moody and how people interacted with that wagon

Terribad lynch candidates:

EGW
Sabrar
Zyth
bessie
jimbob
plytho

Meh:

Red Ryu
Spak
Madge
mpolo
peaceful whale
Laserguy

Lynchpool:

Gamma Emerald
Boomfrog
Heuristically alone
Znirk
Amrock (should be taken care of via judgement tho)

Gamma is gross for his opportunism re: my slot and I generally haven't found any good reason to townread the slot all game

Boomfrog has been pinging me a lot this day phase from what I've been able to skim. I find myself doing a lot of double takes reading his posts and generally feeling very off about his contributions/idea

H_A & Znirk are just liabilities. H_A looks worse honestly for being so active early on and then literally disappearing

Amrock is confirmed anti town

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:31 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:In Diablo did he do the mudslinging passive thing?
Can you explain what you mean with 'the mudslinging passive thing'?
You call a lot of things scummy but you never try and actually build a wagon on anyone. You always wait to see which way the wind is blowing* before pushing any specific lynch.
Thanks, I'll let bessie (or others) get back to you on this.
What's your opinion of yourself? Do you always play that way? Do you agree you are doing it this game?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:01 pm UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Quick thoughts on a few people...

FrozenFlame: Reviewing his content at Zyth's request has really degraded my opinion of the slot. Frozen is very skilled at making giant walls that have little productive content. In terms of actual reads or scum hunting, he is seriously deficient... His push on jimbob was very lazy and he never really comments on the moody wagon at all. Still hasn't posted reads on half of the field and the reads he has are extremely dated. Very active lurky vibes. Happy to park my vote here for now.


I'm really, really surprised that XKCD players, especially people that were in Dark Tower with me, are still saying I'm scummy for having a loquacious posting style. Yes, I dress up a lot of what I have to say with some fluffy flavor and tone. Yes I am verbose. Yes I could be more concise and direct. But I do all this shit naturally, its just my playstyle. I was town in Dark Tower and I got literally this exact same criticism from folks in that game. That should be a clear indicator that my tendency to allegedly "write giant walls with very little productive content" is clearly non-alignment indicative. I disagree with the charge btw, but if that's how people see my content then they, well atleast the XKCDers and SWF people who have played with me before, should know that I have a tendency to use far too many words to say anything. Huge red flag seeing LaserGuy come after me for this, and I'd point a similar FoS toward anyone whos played with me before who is sympathetic to the argument considering I've had this posting style universally and it features just as prominently when I'm town as scum. Especially in the early game when I'm only really responding to what sticks out to me as opposed to every line in this deluge of content.


I skimmed through D1 of Dark Tower and read your iso and I don't see people having particular concerns about your posting style. Certainly I'm not one to point fingers at people for posting walls. My point is not that you write a lot of words, but that you write a lot of words that say very little as far as your opinions about the game are concerned. Just for comparison, take a look at your D1 reads from Dark Tower. These are giant walls, for sure, but they're giant walls of great content looking at every player in considerable detail. Your later posts are engaging a variety of players, analyzing everything. Your posts this game aren't anything like this. We're halfway through D2 and I still have no idea what you feel about virtually any player in the game and why you feel that way. How would you expect me to read that? Even here, your response is purely defensive. You aren't hunting for scum; you're just lazily OMGUSing me for having legitimate problems with your lack of productive content.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar, are you working on a reads list?
Nope. Need to finish my psychoanalysis on Madge (btw you should really provide some feedback), need to determine whether bessie's tunneling of plytho is genuine and frustrated!plytho is the same as in Fridge, need to reply to Zen who made some good points but also some not so great ones. Meanwhile half the team is on vacation at work, the new boss wants to overhaul all of our current processes and audit is breathing down our necks.
Will get as much done as possible tonight and maybe something tomorrow at work as well but read-list needs to wait until Saturday.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:19 pm UTC

I will give some feedback to that as well alongside my reads after work. Thank you.

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:56 pm UTC

Why are you people scumreading Znirk? He fairly clearly townslipped early about whether mafia had daychat. Am I gonna have to quote it?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:06 pm UTC

Gamma Emerald wrote:Why are you people scumreading Znirk? He fairly clearly townslipped early about whether mafia had daychat. Am I gonna have to quote it?
I think people are scumreading Znirk because of the lurking. Forgetting about daychat is easily faked.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:09 pm UTC

Deadline is Monday, September 25th at 11:59:59 PM EST! With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/j ... t=sanserif

Votals 2.3
Zyth (1): Sabrar
mpolo (1): Frozenflame
Znirk (1): #HBC | Zyth
EGW (1): Madge
BoomFrog (2): Red Ryu, EGW
Gamma Emerald (1): plytho
Frozenflame (2): Gamma Emerald, LaserGuy
plytho (1): Bessie
Not Voting (8): Spak, heuristically_alone, BoomFrog, Peaceful Whale, Znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, mpolo, Amrock

Judgement Votals
Amrock (8): LaserGuy, Zyth, plytho, EGW, Frozenflame, Sabrar, mpolo, BoomFrog
Laserguy (0)

Not Judgement Voting (10): Red Ryu, Gamma Emerald, Spak, heuristically_alone, Peaceful Whale, Bessie, Znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, Amrock

Heury and Znirk have been prodded. If any of y'all know anyone who's interested in replacing (I only have one replacement at the moment), please let me know.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:20 pm UTC

Rest of Madge
Spoiler:
Replaces in D2 as Town. Notice the lack of reads and relying on logic instead, facilitated by the fact that abilities are public.
Replaces in D2 as SK. Immediately she starts scum-hunting because it is expected.
Replaces in D2 as indie (after replacing in as Town D1 and getting lynched). Only here for completeness sake, not relevant due to claims turning the game away from traditional scum-hunting.
D2 as SK. Tries to scum-hunt.
D2 as Town. No reads just logic, very lurky, was ill.
D2 as neutral indie. Again for completeness sake only, had no incentive to scum-hunt, lots of claims, game was not standard to draw conclusions from.
D2 as Town. Provides brief reads because prodded, otherwise no scum-hunting.
Replaces in D2 as Town (but there are 2 competing Town factions). No scum-hunting because of weird claims.
D2 as Town. She starts offering some reads on her own but after a little while she goes back to analyzing claims.
D2 as Town (very long game). Makes hypothetical cases instead of scum-hunting. Offers some reads as well but mostly tries using logic based on claims.

Summary: town!Madge does minimal scum-hunting in the way of reads, prefers using logic to figure out which claim is true. scum!Madge tries to scum-hunt to appear townie though last time she was scum is a while ago. These points are fairly indicative but not conclusive.

PS: do not mistake her lack of scum-hunting with no interest in the game, Madge enjoys the drama, the claims and she definitely wants to win.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 pm UTC

Quickly sorting people...

Peaceful Whale: Town
Madge: Town
bessie: Town
EGW: Leaning Town
mpolo: Leaning Town
BoomFrog: Leaning Town
Zyth: Reluctantly leaning Town.
Gamma Emerald: The fact that virtually all of my scumpicks want to lynch him suggests that he's Town.
Sabrar: Leaning Town, but only by a hair. Possibly swap him and jimbob or him and Spak.
heuristically_alone and Znirk: Lumping these two together. I'm almost positive both of these two will end up flipping Town at this point. If either had buddies, I would have expected to have seen much more complaining about their absence. The fact that it has been unnoticed for so long suggests nobody remembered to notice. Adding them to my townie pool simplifies the analysis an awful lot.

Town:
LaserGuy
Zyth
bessie
Peaceful Whale
Madge
BoomFrog
Znirk
heury
Gamma
EGW
mpolo
Sabrar

Indie:
Amrock

Scummy:
jimbob
Spak
Red Ryu
plytho
FrozenFlame

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:32 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:In Diablo did he do the mudslinging passive thing?
Can you explain what you mean with 'the mudslinging passive thing'?
You call a lot of things scummy but you never try and actually build a wagon on anyone. You always wait to see which way the wind is blowing* before pushing any specific lynch.
Thanks, I'll let bessie (or others) get back to you on this.
What's your opinion of yourself? Do you always play that way? Do you agree you are doing it this game?
I feel pretty good about myself :D

I think you describe my play style pretty well. I'm always surprised by how confident other people sound D1. I think I'm most confident where Madge is confident: where the facts are: results, wagons, flips, that sort of thing. D1 there's no facts so I do my best to read people and spot scummy things but I'm not the kind of person to lead a wagon and fight for it because I tend to be far from certain about my early scum reads. In fact I was quite proud of myself for taking a stand against the jimbob wagon D1. So I guess I would say I always play that way. It's easy to notice things and share it with the rest of town. It's harder to call someone scummy and push for their lynch when I'm not all that confident they're scum.

I definitely did it D1. I noticed the scumminess of Gamma, moody and Red Ryu and was basically waiting to see which of them would be the lynch. I stopped doing it when I noticed Zen's jimbob wagon. I don't think you can call that passive mud slinging.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:36 pm UTC

@LaserGuy: Is your list sorted or just grouped?

Also, your read on Gamma, Znirk and Heuristically_alone is terribly lazy.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Amrock
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Amrock » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:49 pm UTC

Hello! Still dead I see

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:50 pm UTC

plytho wrote:@LaserGuy: Is your list sorted or just grouped?


Grouped. Sorted would be something like:

Town:
LaserGuy
Peaceful Whale
Madge
bessie
BoomFrog
EGW
mpolo
Gamma
Zyth
heury
Sabrar

Indie:
Amrock

Scum:
jimbob
Red Ryu
Spak
plytho
FrozenFlame

Also, your read on Gamma, Znirk and Heuristically_alone is terribly lazy.


It's not a read on them, it's a read on everyone else. And I think it's probably right. You didn't play in X-Men, but in that game I was daychat scum with Gopher of Pern, who vanished early in D1. I think I was partnerless for four days, and I was freaking out about it. I prodded him twice. heury hasn't posted in 10 days. If he were scum, there's no way his buddies wouldn't have done something about that by now.

Amrock
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Amrock » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:51 pm UTC

I really didn't want to out this, but I feel like it's the only way it can save me. I have 3 win conditions. One is the double voting thing, one is to survive, and the third is if I manage to "assasinate" a certain town role. I only get one shot with this (it's a dayshot). I THINK it's intended to shoot town, but if it will help me survive, I will use it to shoot whoever you want as a show of faith.

Amrock
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Amrock » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:54 pm UTC

My "nemesis" is Wheatley from Portal 2. That's who I have to shoot. If worst comes to worst, I"ll get off a hero shot on a random town (unless Whatley wants to reveal? :wink: )

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:56 pm UTC

Amrock wrote:My "nemesis" is Wheatley from Portal 2. That's who I have to shoot. If worst comes to worst, I"ll get off a hero shot on a random town (unless Whatley wants to reveal? :wink: )


SirG already revealed Wheatley is your safeclaim. Sorry, you kinda got screwed on this replacement.

Amrock
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Amrock » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:57 pm UTC

Eh, lol. I can't do anything right :(

Welp, that was my last ditch attempt. See you on the other side XD

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 pm UTC

plytho is stubborn in an aggressive kind of way, feels like Fridge. However I also think that scum!plytho would be more cautious in entering into an argument with town!bessie and dragging it out to this point, knowing bessie's tendency to tunnel. Furthermore I agree with a lot of his content and don't see the blatant role-fishing he supposedly did. I feel bessie's tunnel is misguided, however it also seems genuine and consistent with town!bessie.

@LaserGuy: why would you be aware of what the scum-buddies of a lurker did in their private conversation with him and the mod?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:14 pm UTC

I feel bad for Amrock - please do come and play again!

I haven't had much time this evening, and am currently working on my D2 read of Zyth (so many posts with so much stuff). Current thinking is that although Zyth might be scum, I'm not particularly confident about it (his points against the cases by LG and plytho were reasonable for the most part) and want to see more from him to make a firmer judgement, so I'd prefer to lynch somebody else today. I'm going to take a look at Gamma Emerald afterwards to see if he fits the bill as a moody-buddy. I should have plenty of time to continue tomorrow.
plytho wrote:
Gamma Emerald wrote:Why are you people scumreading Znirk? He fairly clearly townslipped early about whether mafia had daychat. Am I gonna have to quote it?
I think people are scumreading Znirk because of the lurking. Forgetting about daychat is easily faked.
Lurking aside, I'd like to see what other points people have against Znirk. I didn't read anything particularly scum in what he has posted.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:21 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:plytho is stubborn in an aggressive kind of way, feels like Fridge. However I also think that scum!plytho would be more cautious in entering into an argument with town!bessie and dragging it out to this point, knowing bessie's tendency to tunnel. Furthermore I agree with a lot of his content and don't see the blatant role-fishing he supposedly did. I feel bessie's tunnel is misguided, however it also seems genuine and consistent with town!bessie.

@LaserGuy: why would you be aware of what the scum-buddies of a lurker did in their private conversation with him and the mod?


I'm extrapolating from my own experience. But I prodded heury and you prodded Znirk and we got a response within 24 hours.

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:18 pm UTC

LOL sorry Amrock but apparently the mod told you NOTHING. That's RAW. When I replaced into FWiaB Boonskiies told me what Geralt of Rivia claimed. So maybe I have different expectations but I still feel you got a raw deal.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests