Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:32 pm UTC

Deadline is Monday, September 25th at 11:59:59 PM EST! With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/j ... t=sanserif

Votals 2.6
Zyth (1): Sabrar
Gamma Emerald (7): plytho, Red Ryu, Frozenflame, jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, mpolo, Spak
plytho (1): Bessie
Spak (4): BoomFrog, #HBC | Zyth, Gamma Emerald, EGW
Frozenflame (1): LaserGuy
Not Voting (4): heuristically_alone, Peaceful Whale, Znirk, Amrock

Judgement Votals
Amrock (6): plytho, EGW, Frozenflame, Sabrar, mpolo, LaserGuy
Laserguy (0)

Not Judgement Voting (12): Red Ryu, Gamma Emerald, Spak, heuristically_alone, Peaceful Whale, Bessie, Znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, Amrock, Zyth, BoomFrog

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:40 pm UTC

Going through Zyth's case on Spak again now. I already looked at it previously and this is what I said then:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Zyth's case on Spak is decent from a quick read through, even though I didn't get a scum read on Spak from my previous re-read of Spak. When I get a chance I'll go back over Spak's tail-end content to see how valid Zyth's points are. One thing that struck me is that some of Spak's quotes he highlighted as being "he's just praising a post or giving some objective reason as to why someone shouldn't read into something" actually do include subjective content (e.g. "Bessie may well have been doing this to try and make Zen look better, but I don't think Zen would request another player to come in and vote." and "Aside from that, I'm not sure what to think of your Bessie/Zen scumteam. Bessie was my fourth strongest town lean thus far this game and I still have Zen as a scumlean".
The reread of Spak that this led to was this:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Spak (again): Based on Zyth's case, I wanted to re-read Spak again from scratch, ignoring my previous read, to see if I noticed anything new. I get an okay feeling from the first post with content, but nothing particularly useful in judging him. He gives a fairly good justification of his BoomFrog vote, and I like how he followed it up later as well. I'm pretty certain the Madge self-vote issue was a genuine mistake, for someone who was rapidly tring to catch up. He definitely reads as though he is sincerely trying to catch up. His observation of EGW's apparent quick change of heart shows that he is trying to pay attention as he reads through. My biggest issue with his day end content was a singular lack of effort to re-read the top lynch wagons. This might be genuine, but I'll acknowledge it doesn't look great. On the other hand, I have no issue with his only post D2 - it includes some explained reads at least, and the rest seems to be genuinely trying to engage with LaserGuy's comments. Looking back over Zyth's case, the case seems exaggerated to me. I could defend Spak in each of the different sections, but I want to see how Spak responds instead.

Conclusion: I don't see obvious scumminess coming from Spak. I feel like Zyth's case may be exaggerated somewhat, and an attempt to drive a faulty lynch. I'd still like to get Spak's response though.
Since that point, Spak has made quite a number more posts although he still his relatively few compared to most other players who are actually playing currently. I personally believe Spak when he says that he's behind, and is trying to catch up, posting his thoughts as he goes. That in and of itself doesn't mean he's town though. It's a perfectly valid tactic for scum, even if it's forced rather than deliberate. I find this comment concerning:
Spak wrote:There's drive to find scum, but the person that I think is scum has consistently refused to acknowledge my arguments against him.
@Spak - How many scum do you think there are? Aside from BoomFrog and now Gamma, who are the rest of the scum team(s)?

The statement as it stands feels like he's not really trying to find a group of scum. Compare it to, for example, what is going on in my thought process: I think Gamma, and maybe Zyth are scum. I also think that there are likely 3-4 scum among the remaining players, and am actively considering which of my reads I'm more likely wrong on (e.g. I had LaserGuy as town, but am less confident now; I'm re-reading Spak right here etc.). I know there must be more than one scum left, so I'm looking at the other possibilities, even though my focus is on my main scum read. I guess that's similar to what Zyth said about puzzle pieces.

There are a few townie reads in his post, but aside from BoomFrog, the only other people I've seen him call scum are Gamma and Zyth. The Gamma read has come long after the wagon was pretty much set. The Zyth read seems to have largely evaporated, and was never particularly strong in the first place, as far as I can tell. He did offer to hammer moody, but never actually expressed if or why he thought moody was scum.

Conclusion: I haven't read every detail of Spak's content, but I'm now lumping him in with my scum reads. I'd be willing to change, but I still would prefer a Gamma lynch, I think. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be around at deadline (my last chance to post will be in a bout 2 and a half to 3 hours), so I can't switch back if I go to Spak, and there isn't enough support.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:43 pm UTC

For clarity, my current top 4 scum picks are: Gamma, Spak, Zyth, FrozenFlame. I agree with BoomFrog that I don't think Spak and Zyth are on the same team, but I feel that Zyth and Gamma could be, and likely on the same team as moody at that.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Gamma Emerald

Postby Gamma Emerald » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:43 pm UTC

Amrock wrote:rip me
Hey Amrock why don't you step up for a change? Even if you're doomed I want to see you vote someone before the end of the day.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:47 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Spak

How do you feel about Spak?

Me??? I’m confused about the quote... well, He seems to be trying to make up for his early inactivity. However, the majority of the votes on him are some of my scummiest players... if spak flips town, I’d guess Gamma was scum trying to flip the wagon over to spak, with help from scum mates.

Also, I feel Bessie is town.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Spak

How do you feel about Spak?

Me??? I’m confused about the quote... well, He seems to be trying to make up for his early inactivity. However, the majority of the votes on him are some of my scummiest players... if spak flips town, I’d guess Gamma was scum trying to flip the wagon over to spak, with help from scum mates.

Also, I feel Bessie is town.

@PW: Could you give us a list of your scummiest players?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:57 pm UTC

LaserGuy: What are your updated reads on me and Zen?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:58 pm UTC

Gamma Emerald wrote:@mpolo I have a question for you. Do you think it's possible Spak could be trying to stay under the radar by lagging behind?

Absolutely it is possible, but with the level of participation, the simpler reason is that he can't keep up.

I am not convinced of the utility of switching to Spak as a vote target. It's 10:00pm here and I am headed to bed (was actually on my way to bed when I thought I'd better check in). Unless YOLO misses the time cutoff, I will next be on after nightfall, unfortunately.

Ninja: EGW (but not pertinent to this)
Image <-- Evil experiment

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:15 pm UTC

Ammerock
Gamma
Spak isn’t looking good.
Still don’t like boomfrog
And neither do I like Zyth.

I’d be happy to lynch any of them.
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:25 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I’d be happy to lynch any of them.

Why is that? Give your reasoning.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:26 pm UTC

It’s better than know lynch, and if one of them isn’t scum, then we narrow down our choices. Or open up new possibilities. Doing something is much better than just sitting around as we’re slowly killed off.
Spoiler:

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:27 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:It’s better than know lynch, and if one of them isn’t scum, then we narrow down our choices. Or open up new possibilities. Doing something is much better than just sitting around as we’re slowly killed off.

Alright, put your vote down. Why did you put yourself as invisible?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:31 pm UTC

??? Put myself as invisible? What does that mean?

Vote: Gamma
I don’t like the spak wagon, too many scummy people on it.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:32 pm UTC

13 guests... 13 people who are just watching this thread, with the inability to post... hello! How are you guests?
Spoiler:

Gamma Emerald

Postby Gamma Emerald » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:43 pm UTC

bessie wrote:heyo

Would you be okay with voting Spak?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:LaserGuy: What are your updated reads on me and Zen?

Zen is Town. I'm not going to the specifics here at all unless it becomes absolutely necessary, but he's convinced me. His case on me is wrong, but that's neither here nor there.

My read on you is still fairly ambivalent. I don't agree at all with your case for Zen's play being a bus, and not just because he's Town, but also because he was working on Spak for some time. As Zen pointed out at the start of the day (and you agreed with), he hates to bus as Mafia, so I'm a little skeptical about you advancing this line anyway. Our discussion overall has made me feel a bit better about some of my earlier concerns with you. My gut reaction is I'd probably cautiously put you in neutral territory pending a full reread.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:53 pm UTC

EBWOP:
Actually, writing that out makes me feel better about this
Vote Spak

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:55 pm UTC

Spak wrote:Now that you're on me rather than Zen/Gamma, would you care to elaborate on why you think I'm scum? I'd like to know why I'm getting wagoned before possibly getting lynched.

My impression was you were deliberately stalling. There was a gap between Tuesday September 19 and Saturday 23 in your posting. You use too many excuses. You don't ever focus on giving a reads list, and you vote Gamma without having any progression on him. I agree with Zen you aren't giving subjective opinions of others, IE: reads.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:00 pm UTC

Unofficial Votals:Zyth (1): Sabrar
Gamma Emerald (8): plytho, Red Ryu, Frozenflame, jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, mpolo, Spak, Peaceful Whale
plytho (1): Bessie
Spak (5): BoomFrog, #HBC | Zyth, Gamma Emerald, EGW, LaserGuy
Not Voting (3): heuristically_alone, Znirk, Amrock

I don't think we can count on any of the non-voters not voting. Sabrar, why aren't you voting on Spak or Gamma?

Assuming for a moment that bessie and Sabrar were to vote Spak, that would require three switchers from Gamma's wagon to lynch Spak instead. I'm prepared to, but not unless others do, and/or indicate they plan to nearer the deadline, as currently, the Gamma wagon looks like a safer bet to avoid No Lynching.

Spak, if you look set to be lynched, are you willing to judgement vote Amrock? Will you be around near-ish deadline to do so?

Who is going to be available near deadline to hammer?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 pm UTC

Red Ryu said he still has to read Spak's case.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:04 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Sabrar, why aren't you voting on Spak or Gamma?
I have at least an hour to decide, don't rush me.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:07 pm UTC

Plytho, what are your thoughts on Spak?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:08 pm UTC

EBWOP: I don't think we can count on any of the non-voters voting.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:12 pm UTC

I won't be available at deadline. This is probably going to be my last post of the day.

I'm going to stay on Gamma. His lynch seems most likely to succeed. I don't see a great reason why we should keep him around. I still think he's indie at best. I think Spak has a greater likelihood of being town. disclaimer: I haven't been able to keep proper track of what they've said in the last 24h. I read everything but nothing stood out. If I've missed some great redeeming post from Gamma or terribly damning post from Spak let me know within the hour. I'll be asleep after that.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:13 pm UTC

@EGW: why are so sure about the Zen-Spak connection? That is so weird.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:18 pm UTC

EBWOP: missing a 'you'

Gamma's claim is terribly negative utility for town. Can't wrap my head around it.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:19 pm UTC

It's not much worse than Madge's.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:19 pm UTC

It's how he has dealt with it since Day 1. Today he hasn't been pushing for votes on Spak. I don't think he would have expected the wagon to build up to this point. He has more gumption Day 1 when I helped him with Jimbob, but not today. Tell me, what do you think of what he is doing right now? You mention ad-hoc, what is that? (I also find it odd he hasn't asked his town read to vote his scum read)

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:21 pm UTC

He was kind of letting Gamma die without really doing much about it. It's the same thing he did in PYP mafia, where he was mafia and I was town. He seemed townie to me, and he town read me, but I was being mislynched by Gheb, and he just quietly let it happen.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:25 pm UTC

I'm having doubts about Gamma being scum right now because of how easy it was to build, and it's now becoming hard to peel votes off it. I feel Spak is a safer option to lynch scum. Gamma is usually a liability, and I'm trying to re-evaluate.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:30 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:You mention ad-hoc, what is that?
It doesn't come out of nowhere, rather it has roots.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:34 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:2. Gamma's wagon is an easy way for scum to hide if he's town, Zen is much more divisive and other player's reaction to her would again provide us with more info.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:36 pm UTC

Don't know why you quoted that. But re-reading Zen right now (for what feels like the millionth time) and the timing of her clearing Spak feels off.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:37 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I don't see that. I think Zen has a logical progression for her case and it is not ad hoc. I feel she could have found a better target than a bus for that.

I don't think he can find a better target. Remember his scumread on Jimbob? Where did that go? How about his Red Ryu read? Vanished. Why? I don't know, he's not engaging with me now.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:39 pm UTC

I do agree that his clearing of Spak feels off.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:48 pm UTC

Spak doesn't post between here and here. In the meantime Zen posts a ton and does not have any doubts about her read on him, despite implying that she read his content. And then comes the last one, by the time where it could have been a legitimate concern that Spak would the counter-wagon to Gamma and suddenly Zen is not so sure anymore.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:50 pm UTC

Connection to Gamma could be one-sided, town!Gamma blinded by ability wants to find FF scummy, Zen not caring to call him out because she's indifferent about the matter.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:54 pm UTC

Why would Zen build a case against her buddy from the start though? She might have changed her meta about not bussing but that doesn't mean she actively needs to do it D1.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 pm UTC

Based on top4 support is basically equal between Gamma and Spak. Yeah, Gamma's lynch is less informative. Probably going to vote Spak.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:59 pm UTC

My heart tells me to townread Gamma for his outburst but I read too much F3-s on MU lately so my brain shuts it down everytime.

Return to “Mafia”