Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

FrozenFlame

Re: Crossover Mafia | D2 | 9/25

Postby FrozenFlame » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:51 am UTC

My above post was meant as an edit to fix quote formatting I messed up on phone

Spak

Postby Spak » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:53 am UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:Also FrozenFarce? Are you trying to take a dig at me or something?

I'm so sorry... It's late at night and I used to think your name was FrozenFarce because I kept misreading your name in the social thread.
"As a friend, it is my duty to inform you that your life appears to need more justice."
~Drake Redcrest, 2005

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:55 am UTC

Spak wrote:
FrozenFlame wrote:Also FrozenFarce? Are you trying to take a dig at me or something?

I'm so sorry... It's late at night and I used to think your name was FrozenFarce because I kept misreading your name in the social thread.

Ah ok man no worries, was just legitimately confused as to whether or not it was intentional

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:56 am UTC

Spak wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:You probably paid the most attention to how it formed. Who was the most optimistic about jumping on it? Who didn't care between you and Gamma but pushed both?

I was honestly a little concerned about EGW/Gamma scumteam because of how quickly and unexpectedly Ran switched from Gamma/Zen to me at the end of the day, and EGW was the one to swing the wagon. He may have just been misled because I thought he was pretty townie throughout the game up to that point, but it's always been pretty hard for me to read Ran.

Zen insists it's easy to read Ran. Is Zen lying, wrong or better at reading Ran?

Is Zen+Ran a possible team? Obviously not aligned with Moody.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Spak

Postby Spak » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:00 am UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:Dude we could have learned plenty from the scramble even without you suiciding and derailing the gamma lynch all because youre putting stock in this flimsy "judgement hammerer getting bombed is a thing" theory

*sigh* what a wasteful way to use our D2 lynch if youre town dude. Though Im not sure why you arent spilling your guts about every bit of info you can provide us at this point if youre saying that us knowing stuff related to your role will be useful D3? That comes off pretty anti town though maybe you dont give a shit anymore at this point?

Admittedly, I've put too much faith in the judgement hammerer getting bombing thing, but at that point, it looked like Gamma wasn't happening. Maybe I jumped the gun with the self-vote, but my roommate wanted to go to bed, I wouldn't have been online any longer before deadline, and and I couldn't have prevented a worst-case NL that would've led to a mislynch tomorrow. Knowing stuff related to my role won't be useful D3 because it never got used, although now you guys know that there's likely not another jailkeeper town. Plus, I'm excited to see what you guys will do with the material that this janky wagon gives you.
"As a friend, it is my duty to inform you that your life appears to need more justice."
~Drake Redcrest, 2005

Spak

Postby Spak » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:02 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Zen insists it's easy to read Ran. Is Zen lying, wrong or better at reading Ran?

I'll give Zen the benefit of the doubt and say that Ran has either gotten better at not being read or Zen is better at reading Ran. I've always found Ran difficult to read, but maybe Zen knows some scum!Ran tells that I don't know about.
~Drake Redcrest, 2005

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:47 am UTC

I just woke up. So Spak is town and self lynched and Gamma is indie and was the last vote on amrock? It's going to be hard to hunt scum off these wagons, they don't care whether they lynch indie or town.

Also we're not sure who amrock's explosion will kill right? LaserGuy or Gamma? I sure hope we don't have to lynch Gamma tomorrow.

I'll take some time tonight to make a new reads list. My bottom scum reads weren't scum apparently.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:29 am UTC

Yeah, I'm Schrodinger's cat right now.

I disagree that these wagons won't be fruitful for hunting scum though. Townie flips can be just as useful as scummy ones.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:32 am UTC

Yeah, but my point is that from scum's point of view both Gamma and spak are non-scum so they're not trying to save anyone by being on on or the other wagon.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:55 am UTC

Well, I stand by the reasons for my change of heart on Spak, but assuming Gamma is indie as claimed, I have very little idea where the scum is and now need to recalibrate.

LaserGuy, in case you die, do you have any thoughts to share?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:03 am UTC

Other thoughts: if Peaceful Whale is scum, so is bessie. The same does not necessarily apply the other way around.

Judgement could come from scum, as well as town, so no real town credit there.

I have doubts about Zyth, FrozenFlame and LaserGuy currently, and will evaluate the wagons later. Chances are that it won't be overnight though - I'm out every evening this week.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:12 am UTC

Rough position now: I still think Sabrar and EGW are town. If LaserGuy survives to D3 he is too. PW is still newb town I’m glad he’s back. Madge is town or harmless indie.

I still don’t like Zen or mpolo.

H_a and Znirk need to be replaced. (I wouldn’t be bothered by amrock replacing into one of these slots.)

Bessie, BoomFrog, FrozenFlame, Red Ryu, jimbob: not at all sure about any of these.

Spak, amrock Gamma are dead. (Gamma should be the lynch tomorrow if he survives)

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Judgement could come from scum, as well as town, so no real town credit there.
True, but I think using it early points to town. At least it points to LaserGuy and Zen not being scum together. (That would be very bold.)

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:42 am UTC

Sure, that's a great idea.

-I would take a close look at Madge. If Gamma is an indie lyncher variant, Madge could well be an indie jester variant as some others had suggested awhile back. Though depending on how the issues with inactives are resolved and how the flips go, we may not be able to afford to lynch the indies. Lynching an indie could give scum control of the lynch if we can't get those inactives replaced. If Madge is indie, might be a good idea to stump her after all and let her get a survivor win.

-I really didn't like this discussion between Sabrar and EGW regarding pushing Zyth. Sabrar is hardcore townie-on-townie tunneling I think (like what he did to me in Fridge Mafia and Gopher in Shakespeare). I'm less sure about EGW. His argument about Zyth bussing Spak is BS on several counts, and he didn't explain how he arrived at this conclusion very well or at all. He was behaving very strangely in the last six or eight pages.

-I'm mostly suspicious of plytho, Frozen, and EGW right now. If I survive into the night, I'll be focusing on them plus jimbob, Sabrar and Red Ryu, who are my three biggest unknowns.

-My townreads are {PW, BoomFrog, bessie, Zyth, mpolo, Znirk}. Don't lynch anybody from this group or I will rant ineffectively at you in GoJoe. I hope Madge is town, but I'm leaning indie now. Gut read is Sabrar's tunneling feels more like how he plays as town and jimbob feels too relaxed to be scum. No idea about Ryu.

-Given how many indies we have, I would expect 3-4 scum remaining. I am feeling that it's probably one scum team now, but we will hopefully have a better idea by the flips.

-Townie homework is to reread pages 40-50.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:53 am UTC

Haven't read anything (was waiting for flip to color my reading)…

Any suggestions for how to use my power tonight?
Image <-- Evil experiment

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:58 am UTC

EBWOP:
-Actually going to make this one a little stronger. If you're Town and reading EGW as Town, you should read his content in the last 10-15 pages and try to explain how his play makes any sense at all coming from a townie. Then you should probably lynch him.

@mpolo: Maybe pick one of your scumreads and swap them onto heury or Znirk (or Madge... or Gamma if he doesn't die)? Maybe you'll get lucky and dump the kill on one of them.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:05 am UTC

@mpolo: Or do you need to swap a townread onto one of them? I still don't really understand how your ability works. Basically, IMHO the best thing to do is to try to get the kill to move onto one of the indies/inactives.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:09 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:@mpolo: Maybe pick one of your scumreads and swap them onto heury or Znirk (or Madge... or Gamma if he doesn't die)? Maybe you'll get lucky and dump the kill on one of them.
I don't think it works that way with busdriver? mpolo switches the position of his two targets so whatever was targeting A now targets B and vice versa. The swapped peoples actions still work as normal I think.

ninja by LaserGuy with the same realisation.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:15 am UTC

So yeah, I agree with LaserGuy. The indies/inactives likely won't be targeted. So getting a potential kill to hit them and the likely nothing to hit the town read is the way to go.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:36 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:-I'm mostly suspicious of plytho, Frozen, and EGW right now
LaserGuy wrote: I am feeling that it's probably one scum team now
Your read on me and EGW is inconsistent with moody's flip. Or are you with bessie and Sabrar, thinking I'm an evil indie?
LaserGuy wrote:but we will hopefully have a better idea by the flips.
What are you expecting from the flips? Don't you believe Gamma is indie and spak is town? (and amrock is indie)

This feels weird, playing between Day and Night :D

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:05 am UTC

are we allowed to? Or did I just get another mod vote....
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:31 am UTC

Uggh I hate this game so long! What's this about diary? Someone's got a diary we can read if they die? Is that's what's happening? I am going to be relying heavily on the inevitable giant tables full of everyones' claims just F everyone's I.

CURRENT CLAIM TABLE:
Gamma: Some weird quasi-lyncher. (Is able to give powers if her lynch target is lynched)
Madge: Some weird half-jester (is given powers if she is half-lynched)
Spak: Some weird permenant but reversable Jailer (to be confirmed/denied come nightfall I guess)

BoomFrog wrote:Sabrar and I both town read madge accurately D1 in Shakespeare. She's really not self aware and she's super easy to read. I'm not going to go back and search page 13 so repeat any questions you still think are relevant.

:evil: I am going to work out a way to fix my meta so that way it won't out me when i'm scum!! THEN I will be laughing.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:31 am UTC

Peaceful Whale, we're able to keep talking until the mod appears and posts telling us it's nighttime. Enjoy it while it lasts???
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:45 am UTC

Oooooh, lets see how many pages we can add!
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:18 am UTC

I gotta admit I was plesantly surprised that like 2 of the 6 new pages I saw today were full of one lines

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:22 am UTC

Let’s do it!!!!
Spoiler:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:55 am UTC

@Peaceful Whale: please don't. Unlike other threads in the forum games section it is actually quite important here that content remains relevant and easily searchable.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:24 pm UTC

So that happened after I fell asleep.

Reads are mostly the same as before only zen in town lean and laser guy down a bit in me liking the slot but not into scum category.

Will wait for flips for now.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 pm UTC

Madge wrote::evil: I am going to work out a way to fix my meta so that way it won't out me when i'm scum!! THEN I will be laughing.

I look forward to it. :wink:

F your I: Zen claimed she can request two names then the next day find if they are aligned. Also she can post a diary after death.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:24 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Other thoughts: if Peaceful Whale is scum, so is bessie. The same does not necessarily apply the other way around.

I strongly disagree. I can't even understand your train of thought here. What's your logic?

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:31 pm UTC

Oh nice it's still open.

@Spak, you made a valiant decision seeing how close we were to the deadline. It's silly when people complain in hindsight when they weren't even in the situation. Frozen did very little to push a gamma lynch, so don't take his ranting seriously.

Regarding EGW: I still think he's town. I just don't think he's gotten a grip of things yet. He's sort of similar to me where we just kind of throw spaghetti at everything until something sticks. He just tends to focus on the fallen spaghetti longer than he should. The scum flip D1 made him overconfident and made him feel that he figured out the game. This caused him to stop looking at things with an open mind, but I expect Spak's flip to come as a wake up call and for his play to improve dramatically hereafter.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:48 pm UTC

@mpolo

Your ability has too much potential to conflict with Laser's. Laser's ability should be used to take out indies and inactives. If you use your ability to switch and indy and a town read, then you may end up causing that town read to put in Laser's judgment instead of the indy. Laser suggesting this is yet another scum point in his favor.

You should either not use your ability at all or switch a town read with Laser. That way, the kill simply redirects to Laser, who is immune.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:50 pm UTC

@mpolo

Actually you shouldn't do that either cause then scum can just aim at Laser. So yeah just do nothing lol

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:53 pm UTC

Based on that wagon post I made before I think there are at least two scum in this set of players:

Frozenflame
#HBC | Zyth
Bessie
#HBC | Red Ryu
mpolo

These are the people that weren't voting moody right before Zen switched.

I'm excluding Gamma, SirG and spak. Because I'm assuming their indie and town claims to be true. I'm also excluding madge because I think she's a harmless indie at worst. Peaceful Whale I still don't see as scum at all so he's out as well. (people that don't agree feel free to make this analysis including PW and/or madge)

I also left out heuristically_alone and dark horse I pool them with the people on the moody wagon for where the remaining scum could be.

I'm also assuming one scum team. If there are two teams I'd say at least one of those five is a moody buddy.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:55 pm UTC

I thought LaserGuy's ability was a once per game ability? No time to check now. Mpolo, check before you decide to take zen's advice.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:56 pm UTC

plytho wrote:H_a and Znirk need to be replaced. (I wouldn’t be bothered by amrock replacing into one of these slots.)
Agree with this.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:59 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I thought LaserGuy's ability was a once per game ability? No time to check now. Mpolo, check before you decide to take zen's advice.

This is true, though its odd you think this since I deliberately never mentioned it in thread.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 pm UTC

Ah man I really liked that mechanic. Never mind then @mpolo do as you will.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:09 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:This is true, though its odd you think this since I deliberately never mentioned it in thread.
There goes my assumption that it's a townie ability.
Also you used a 1-shot that could have resulted in your death N1??? There was absolutely no way you were getting NK-d.

@plytho: why the hell would you think that it was 1-shot? Quote the part that made you think so.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:18 pm UTC

I had thought the nature of LG's power pretty much guaranteed him to be town. If it's one-shot, I guess that's off the table. He did do everything to try to trigger GLaDOS against him, though, so maybe it's O.K.

I third the call to plytho to explain why he knew the power was one-shot.
Image <-- Evil experiment

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:20 pm UTC

@Sabrar: if I survive, I'll discuss my reasoning in more detail tomorrow, though if you check my opening post I sketched out my thought process there.

Return to “Mafia”