Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sabrar

Re: Crossover Mafia | D3 | 10/06

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:07 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@EGW: so you think that Madge and myself are both moody's scumbuddies, right? Because I can prove it otherwise.

So can you explain what this was about. You said you might have been forced to claim, making me think you were likely linked somehow.
Prove was a strong word to use there, but it was me jailing Madge that prompted that remark.

Evil George Washington

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/10

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:16 am UTC

So you didn't absorb anything about Moody's role?

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:17 am UTC

Yes he did, the wraith part.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:18 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:N1: absorbed the power I linked when replying plytho, total immunity to night actions. Didn't get nothing from know-it-all.

What part of this was unclear?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:19 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Didn't get nothing from know-it-all.

This is the confusing part. Can you clarify this?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:21 am UTC

I said that I only absorb 1 ability. I absorbed wraith. I didn't absorb know-it-all.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:22 am UTC

What does Wraith do? I thought Wraith was just the flavor.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:23 am UTC

Ah, Mafia Know-it-all Wraith. Lame.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:23 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:N1: absorbed the power I linked when replying plytho, total immunity to night actions.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:26 am UTC

I see.

Evil George Washington

Re: Crossover Mafia | D3 | 10/06

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:37 am UTC

bessie wrote: :P

You are up.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:48 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:I am Simea, from Crystalis [NES]. I am a Jack of all trades, and I can use different abilities. Barrier, Telepathy, and Paralysis. I already used Barrier N1.

What do telepathy and paralysis do? Did you withhold N2 and N3 and N0? Why?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:53 am UTC

Madge, please confirm that you need N/2 votes to activate each power separately (three times), and not N/2 votes once to activate all three powers.

I am Joel from Last of Us, town decision maker. I have a one shot power that if used, the following day no player can change their vote once they vote for another player, which will be mod confirmed, thus my belief that this is an apparently worthless level C power that effectively does nothing except force us to decide on the lynch target early.

Some possibilities that I’ve been pondering as to why my power is so weak:

1. This was originally a 24 player setup. My role seems like it could be part of the original intended role, and maybe something was cut out when the game was modified and rebalanced for 20 players. This thought is one of the things that I've been considering wrt my setup spec.

2. My power was designed to work with another player’s power. See this quote from D1 for what gave me this idea.
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Regarding the setup and setup speculation. I have to disagree with Frozen. OS games are well thought out, but I wouldn't say they are definitely well balanced. They tend to be highly experimental and can be quite unstable. They are usually built upon the assumption that each player will be astute enough to utilize their role to its full potential, or at least utilize them in the way that OS intended. This however is highly idealistic and often not the case. OS games are highly experimental and trying to speculate about the setup is futile this early on. Unlike with standard games, many of the roles have multiple abilities. If certain roles aren't used as OS intended them to be, game balance can very much be tipped one way or the other. Also claims should be taken as completely neutral, as safe claims are usually provided. Some examples of roles used in the past:

3. There is a hidden power that I don’t know about or have yet, maybe something needs to happen to trigger it (time? only activates on a certain day? requires a number of votes like Madge? activated by another player? activated by something I need to do?).

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:54 am UTC

I'm PMing yolo to see if I would get a different result between no visitors and roleblocked.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 am UTC

Hidden message, Secondary Ability Roleblock. I don't have enough information N0 to use any of my abilities. I'd rather save paralysis for late game when I have more information, before then would be guessing game as to who to use it on and don't want to risk that. Found Barrier being used N1 was the optimal usage since that night I would have the least information since it's the first night.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 am UTC

Quick note: from bessie's frustration about the topic it was evident to me that she would have what she considers to be a level C power. :)

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:00 am UTC

Bessie's role would force Madge to never get activated too.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:08 am UTC

And now we wait for Madge's famous analysis. :D

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:12 am UTC

Looking forward to it. Then we can talk top 4.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:13 am UTC

Good night.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Then we can talk top 4.
At some point we'll need to reduce it to top3.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:29 am UTC

Discrepancies:

Red Ryu vs BoomFrog: N2 BoomFrog didn't see Red when protected EGW. EGW confirmed visit.

Sabrar vs Madge: N2 Sabrar jailed Madge, Madge should have been informed, but wasn't.

Anything else?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:32 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I'm PMing yolo to see if I would get a different result between no visitors and roleblocked.

If you were roleblocked, would you still have another shot of your watcher power?

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:55 am UTC

Yolinda was a roleblocker and could have blocked Sabrar or BoomFrog N2 if he was active that night.

I don't like FrozenFlame's post today. Yolinda was going to be mod killed. No reason for us to lynch him. Acting like Yolinda should have been priority lynch after he flipped scum is too easy.

Red Ryu's doctor claim looks bold, but if scum know there's no doctor, not so much. It's weird that investigators are supposed to see the messages but there's only one two-shot investigator.

Having a miller when there's a one-shot cop is similarly weird.

These could be artifacts from a bigger game (like bessie said).

I won't have a lot of time to play today.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:22 am UTC

plytho wrote:Yolinda was a roleblocker and could have blocked Sabrar or BoomFrog N2 if he was active that night.
Also possible that his buddies used his ability via proxy (Madge allowed me this in Bin Chicken).

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:26 am UTC

Madge wrote:My role PM doesn't contain the words tree stump

Madge wrote:I also just realised that I misread my role PM and - I am not kidding and can prove this if necessary - if I kill anyone, including with a hammer vote, I become a Tree Stump (can post but not vote or use abilities). So I can't hammer - well, I can hammer, but it kind of neuters me. But if the alternative is a no-lynch I will hammer and become a Tree Stump and hang my head in shame for not thinking of that detail.

I know bessie already mentiond this, but I just want to highlight it in case you missed it in amongst all of the claims. Can you explain why you claimed you would become a tree stump in your original claim if the term was not included in your role PM?

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 am UTC

Madge, please confirm that you need N/2 votes to activate each power separately (three times), and not N/2 votes once to activate all three powers.

:shock: my role PM is ambiguous about this! I am asking for clarification.\

And now we wait for Madge's famous analysis.

Come on my claim ranking from before was not enough? For real though I'm busy the rest of the day, basically all day tomorrow and Saturday morning. You're looking at 48 hours before you hear from me again (I may make another post in about 14 hours but that'll be it for another 24).

@Laserguy: I claimed tree stump in my original claim because my role description was of what a Tree Stump is. I figured I'd use two words rather than a long explanation. My fullclaim does mention treestump functionality. Was I mistaken and what I claimed is not a tree stump? Probably the lack of the words tree stump in my role PM was one of the reasons I forgot about it at first.

=================
CLAIM DATABASE

(spoilered per request, note changes are not marked in any way)

Spoiler:
UNCLAIMED PLAYERS
CLAIMS
Madge: half-jester (is given powers if she is half-lynched, good for three half-lynches; tree stumps if she hammers a lynch)
Mpolo: Miria from Guardian Legend, bus driver (withheld N0, switch Zyth/amrock N1, jimbob/sabrar N2, withheld N3)
Laserguy: Arthas Menethil from Warcraft. town judgment miller. Judgment is one-time use, which I used to target Zen on N1, and was redirected to SirG/Amrock via mpolo. acquired chat with plytho on D3 via plytho's power.
Plytho: I'm frisk from undertale. unconfirmed mason recruiter. can only recruit people who voted for him. Recruited Laserguy N2. Recruited either Bessie or EGW N3
EGW: I am Simea, from Crystalis [NES]. I am a Jack of all trades, and I can use different abilities. Barrier, Telepathy, and Paralysis. I already used Barrier N1; did receive notification that Dr Mario protected him
Red Ryu: Doctor who gives notes to targets; (FrozenFlame, EGW, Sabrar): Notes become public on death
BoomFrog: Tyreal from Diablo. Town Vindicator. Twice a game I can watch a player. Once a game I can kill a player who I have watched visit my target.(N0: withheld; N1: mpolo no result; N2: EGW, no result)
Sabrar: MegaMan - absorbs an ability and can use it the next day. Details: viewtopic.php?p=4255774#p4255774
Frozenflame: Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, Town Deflector. Can "focus"(not on consecutive nights) to cause all lethal actions to be redirected from self onto target. Target SirG N1, Boomfrog N3 (hinting at good power was to draw scum kill)
Bessie: Town Decision Maker (one shot power, everyone's first vote is permenant for a day)

FLIPS (THESE SHOULD BE EXHAUSTIVE NOW, please let me know if I missed anyone)

MAFIA
moody7277, Reaper (Overwatch), Mafia Know-It-All Wraith lynched D1!
Yolinda, Samus Aran X (Metroid), Mafia Roleblocking Possessor

TOWN
Maven89, Agent 47 (Hitman), Town Guilt-Ridden Vigilante killed N1!
Spak, Steve (Minecraft), Town Jailor, lynched D2!
Znirk, Snake (Metal Gear), Town Unwilling Voteblocker, modkilled D2!
Peaceful Whale, Maiden in Black (Demon Souls), Town One-Use Mason Cop, killed N2! (Bessie claims that PW was a one-shot cop that massons target if innocent)
Zyth: Not 100% sure on power https://quicktopic.com/52/H/8EncU8haCkF Zyth targeted Sabrar N0, apparently Maven N1, most likely Ryu N2
Jimbob: vote limiter (once per game can designate 2 players as the only ones who can be voted for that day)

INDIE
Amrock, GLaDOS (Portal), Independent Ultra-Bomb Influencer, judgement lynched D2!
Gamma Emerald, Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher), Independent Bounty Hunter, killed by explosion D2!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Re: Crossover Mafia | N3 | 10/09

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:54 am UTC

From here
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Deadline is Friday, October 16 at 11:59:59 PM EST!

Friday is the 13th. When is the deadline? Friday or Monday 16th? Am I missing something?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 am UTC

@YOLOSWAG: If the deadline is really tomorrow, I request extension to Monday.

With Madge being away, this is pretty much a priority.

Ryu's claim together with a confirmation note is a rather strong town indication, as false notes from the mod saying you had been protected the night before is getting into the bastard setup zone.

plytho points out a couple of unclear points -- would speak to BoomFrog being pretty scummy, actually. I don't know how to interpret the Sabrar vs. Madge thing, unless maybe Sabrar was roleblocked.
Image <-- Evil experiment

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:45 am UTC

Maybe Sabrar was roleblocked, maybe BoomFrog was roleblocked. Both seems very unlikely in the same night.

But scum should know they roleblocked so scum!BoomFrog, knowing they roleblocked Sabrar, claiming what he did makes no sense.

Scum!Sabrar knowing they roleblocked BoomFrog, claiming he targeted Madge when he didn't could make some sense?

Two scum teams could also make sense.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:07 pm UTC

Deadline's Monday the 16th.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:41 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Note: Dr. Mario is my main on Smashboards. How interesting that Red Ryu seems to be him.

I wish I was Peach or Lucario or Charizard, anyways.

Looking at claims here is what I got.

Sabrar waiting for the note is very odd to me.

Boom says he didn't see me on EGW but EGW confirms he got a note from me protecting him. I was thinking this alluded to a potential bus driver action but mpolo but this does not match up since that was claimed to be different players. I want to reread who was pushing Frozen hard over the inactive slot that got mod killed and flipped town, that looks extreme sketch given the slot flipped scum.

Madge is just focusing on role stuff, still dislike this slot immensely but need to think about roles and claims along with a recent scum flip.

Going to reread yesterday with that flip in mind, I do think FF has a legit point with how people have been pushing others in regards to inactivity.

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:51 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@FrozenFlame: Ryu said he didn't know whether players received a note that they where protected. If you and Ryu are scum together I didn't want you to know what to claim before it was your turn. This is why we have claim-order in the first place. You finding that dodgy is weird as hell.
With all that said I did receive a note N3.

So let me get this straight. You thought that Ryu would claim to have protected me, his alleged scum buddy, on N1 and NOT follow up with me in private scum chat about whether or not his protections are confirmed to the target? If Ryu and I were scum together, Ryu has every incentive to check out the full impact of his power by targeting a scum buddy to get confirmation as to what is communicated to the target. The added benefit is he gets to protect his scum buddy from possible vig/indy kills. Win-win. Yet you legitimately believe that there was a potential for Ryu to have legitimately targeted me N1 and NOT known the answer as to whether or not his ability would leave a note for the target indicating they were protected? For this to be true, you must have believed that Ryu DIDN'T actually target me, his alleged scum buddy, on N1 and instead targeted a non-mafiat who couldn't provide any such confirmation. Why the fuck would he lie about targeting me had he targeted someone else when he didn't know whether or not his protects left a note for the target? If RR doesn't know whether notes are left, and fake claims targeting me N1 while he really targeted someone else, and that someone else DID in fact get a note, he's royally fucked and proven to be a liar to that actual N1 target. What is there to gain from a massive risk like that when he has every reason to believe that his protects do leave some kind of artifact behind, even if it isnt a notification contemporaneous with the protection itself? In his initial claim he even noted that the role PM indicated that investigative roles could uncover these protection artifacts, whatever form they were, despite the fact that he couldn't get mod clarification as to whether or not that took the form of a contemporaneous notification PM.

This whole "you and RR might be buddies" narrative is looking more and more forced from you. Grosser still that you clearly haven't even thought through what info RR would have actually had were we actually scum buddies. Not a good look Sab

Sabrar wrote:Ok, that's weird.

I'm Mega Man. Mechanical details:
- I only absorb 1 ability even if the lynched player has multiple (the 'main' one).
- I only absorb it if I was on the wagon at the end of the day (this is the part I complained about in my opening post).
- I lose the ability at the end of the next day.

N0: no abilities, received messaging power from Zen
N1: absorbed the power I linked when replying plytho, total immunity to night actions. Didn't get nothing from know-it-all. Replied to Zen.
N2: absorbed building the jail, can't destroy it. Targeted Madge, left plenty of breadcrumbs.
N3: absorbed vote-limiting, didn't use it. Received note saying that I was protected.

I find it very strange that you call this a "standard power" in your opening post. Absorbing 1-shot versions of other roles is "standard" to you? Really? Also the double negative in your N1 action claim is annoyingly confusing but at least you cleared this up when called out. Also, what the hell do you mean by you can "build" the jail but not "destroy" it? Is your jailed target jailed for the rest of the game (i.e. roleblocked AND protected from lethal actions?) This lack of completeness here is really concerning to me given how thorough of a player you've presented as for most of this game.

Evil George Washington wrote:I am Simea, from Crystalis [NES]. I am a Jack of all trades, and I can use different abilities. Barrier, Telepathy, and Paralysis. I already used Barrier N1.

Same issue here with you EGW. This is disgustingly incomplete. You call this a fucking claim? You didn't even explain what each of those abilities even does! For the person calling for the massclaim, this is extremely non concomitant effort on your part.

BoomFrog wrote:Jeeze, am I allowed to read the thread during times I don't have time to compose a post?

I'm Tyreal from Diablo. Town Vindicator
Twice a game I can watch a player.
Once a game I can kill a player who I have watched visit my target.

N0 I withheld
N1 I watched mpolo - no result
N2 I watched EGW - no result (raises eyebrows at Red)

Ninja: I'm freaking typing.
plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
N2 I watched EGW - no result (raises eyebrows at Red)
Why EGW?

Plytho is right to ask why EGW I suppose, but I'm wondering how EGW is a more questionable target than fucking mpolo? Are you serious dude? Why in the world would you watch mpolo who's been coasting all game when there were far townier/powerhouse alternatives who were likely to be targeted by shit N1? Atleast EGW was a driving force. But yeah either way both of these choices are lackluster and really require better explanation. And also...

BoomFrog wrote:Commuters are usually alternating days, I wanted to see if mafia would target him D2.

Wtf? What do commuters have to do with anything? Maybe I missed something but I legitimately have no idea where you got the idea we had a commuter, let alone why you would want to try to target a commuter on the day the slot would purportedly commute? Like isn't that just asking for your ability to fail?

BoomFrog wrote:And, btw, wisdom of the crowds is a really poor decision making process when there's three or four scum left.

Where is this scum numbers read coming from? We've already had 4 flipped anti town. I could see there possibly being 3 left for a 5 man scum team and 2 indies but FOUR still alive? Way too scum heavy IMO. I wouldn't even be surprised if we have 2 mafia left and no more indies. Plus, moody said early on he thought the anti town breakdown was 4-1-1. Maybe he was trying to toss out disinformation anticipating an early scum flip but I don't see it frankly. I think we're looking at something similar to what moody "speculated."

Bessie's claim is super bizarre. Not sure if it's too gameflow altering to be a scum role. Maybe it's JUST play aroundable to be one considering it allegedly notifies us all at the start of the day phase after its used. Just forces us to be sure before we toss a vote. Hmmmmm....

So much sketchyness right now. Definitely need to try to make some time for more re-reading tonight

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:31 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I'm Mega Man. Mechanical details:
- I only absorb it if I was on the wagon at the end of the day (this is the part I complained about in my opening post).

@EGW: how did you know this was a requirement for megaman?

Sabrar

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/16

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:32 pm UTC

So let me get this straight. You thought that Ryu would claim to have protected me, his alleged scum buddy, on N1 and NOT follow up with me in private scum chat about whether or not his protections are confirmed to the target?
Nope, I thought he might have lied about him protecting you and you don't know what you should claim.

If Ryu and I were scum together, Ryu has every incentive to check out the full impact of his power by targeting a scum buddy to get confirmation as to what is communicated to the target.
Except if the power is harmful or he needs to perform some other action or you're untargetable, etc.

For this to be true, you must have believed that Ryu DIDN'T actually target me, his alleged scum buddy, on N1 and instead targeted a non-mafiat who couldn't provide any such confirmation. Why the fuck would he lie about targeting me had he targeted someone else when he didn't know whether or not his protects left a note for the target?
Search me, this is a closed setup with weird powers.

In his initial claim he even noted that the role PM indicated that investigative roles could uncover these protection artifacts, whatever form they were, despite the fact that he couldn't get mod clarification as to whether or not that took the form of a contemporaneous notification PM.
And what investigative roles have been claimed so far that would legitimately see these notes?

I find it very strange that you call this a "standard power" in your opening post. Absorbing 1-shot versions of other roles is "standard" to you? Really?
Really. Check Dark Tower and the Universal Backup role I gave to Carlington. Very similar to this one. To me absorb is simply a variant on Backup with the mechanical differences that I already noted.

Also, what the hell do you mean by you can "build" the jail but not "destroy" it? Is your jailed target jailed for the rest of the game (i.e. roleblocked AND protected from lethal actions?) This lack of completeness here is really concerning to me given how thorough of a player you've presented as for most of this game.
Building the jail is a primary power that I absorbed. Destroying it a secondary that I didn't. Yes, rest of the game. Was phone-posting from bed, hence the briefness but claim is still complete. You're just throwing aroung accusations without bothering to check any of the facts.

Wtf? What do commuters have to do with anything? Maybe I missed something but I legitimately have no idea where you got the idea we had a commuter, let alone why you would want to try to target a commuter on the day the slot would purportedly commute? Like isn't that just asking for your ability to fail?
Complete lack of interest in previous claims noted.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:37 pm UTC

@Frozen: town bus driver is a powerful role end game. I watched mpolo because that's who I would have killed N1 as scum. Him being lack luster "all game" wasn't part of my decision N1 since I am not a time traveler.

EGW claimed untargetable N1. Basically for no reason. As scum I wouldn't have killed him N2 because his claim for no reason was suspicious, but I would have used some lesser power on him to test his targetableness. So I watched him to see who else would think like me, and there was a decent chance he'd be killed N2 anyway.

@EGW: Why did you claim untargetable N1? It made you a huge target for no reason.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:40 pm UTC

@all: Everyone is welcome to vote-unvote me if they want to make a chance to join the chat tonight. People who already voted don't need to do so again. I want to put as many townies as possible in there by endgame.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I'm PMing yolo to see if I would get a different result between no visitors and roleblocked.

If you were roleblocked, would you still have another shot of your watcher power?

No, my kill is refunded if blocked in any way shape or form but not my watcher power.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:47 pm UTC

Vote plytho
Unvote
:P

Seriously though, try to keep it at about 3, one scum ruins the whole thing.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:54 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Hidden message, Secondary Ability Roleblock. I don't have enough information N0 to use any of my abilities. I'd rather save paralysis for late game when I have more information, before then would be guessing game as to who to use it on and don't want to risk that. Found Barrier being used N1 was the optimal usage since that night I would have the least information since it's the first night.

Why did you not use telepathy on PW to establish a hidden signal he can use to tell you his cop result(s)?

Return to “Mafia”