Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Evil George Washington

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/16

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:01 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:How does your result on Red Ryu factor into your top 3?

Either Red is a ninja note forger or you used barrier N2 and lied about receiving a note, or I was roleblocked/redirected. A is very unlikely but possible, B is weird play by you and seems unlikely, C seems most likely which isn't alignment indicative.

B is why I'm leaning scum on you at the moment since if Red is doc and you push this lynch then I'm next before you go down. And then it's 6 players, so with three scum you'd win before being caught in your lie. You're also being really dodgy about my questions on your power use.

If you are truly a watcher, you would either believe Red Ryu is scum or your results were tampered with. You say you might have been redirected but you never consider MPOLO as a likely scum candidate, which means you are just saying that, not thinking it through. You also note that Yolinda has flipped as Mafia Roleblocker. So it's likely that there isn't another scum roleblocker. (Unless you think there are two) You don't take A as likely, which means you intend to remain passive against Ryu. B you find weird but you lean towards that direction without any reasoning. C you think is most likely, which is scum mindset because it is a comfortable yet bold spot to be in. If you pushed for Ryu and he flips town, you go down. So instead of ruffling feathers, you simply say "Something must have happened" to remain passive.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:08 pm UTC

mpolo claimed his targets N2 so it's very unlikely he was the redirect, and if he redirected me i'd still see Red as we would be bus-driven together. Sabrar also has some weirdness, so it seems certain that the Samus slot was able to roleblock N2 either from Yolinda or because YOLO allowed buddy remote control.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:24 pm UTC

Red Ryu:

1) In some respects I think you were jumping on him too much for his activity and content. It's why I posted a lot of this as me myself that you do have a habit from past games getting on people for activity. I do know because in games regardless of my alignment on Smashboards. I was lynched and my activity not fitting my usual or posting habits. In the more recent years I have been lynched for this, multiple times as town and only once I think as scum. I think with twisting, it was in the sense you were trying to do what I see here, tunnel too hard and have it make sense for your perspective. That's where the twisting came from.

Fair enough. I don't think you notice this but it also comes from me getting burned by Zen when he is actually Mafia. I also thought this was similar to his Dr. Who game because of his Jim and Spak push, but it was because of his role related speculation, which I wouldn't have known about.

2) He did, but that doesn't mean he was telling the truth earlier or maybe considering this is a gamble he is taking. I do not know the full set-up and if I flip, eyes will be on him but what if he doesn't care? What if he has a role up his sleeve or something to help him get around this? For speculation, it is possible he is town and someone messed with his results, however given my thoughts on the slot I still think he is lying overall. Or rather only telling partial truths. For the set-up at large I got two ideas on this from what has been revealed given all of the roles.

Yeah I dislike how he's going about it. He wants to avoid having heat fall on him but he is pushing me due to that fear, which doesn't align with a townie mindset.

#1 5 man scum team with some other ways they can kill and/or some of the indies lied while having ways they could have done kills.
#2 1 3 man and a 2 man running around.
#3 same as #2 but only one team can night kill.

I have issues with all three, but I find #1 and #2 to be more likely given the roles running around. A second team has been on my mind a bit since Plytho brought it up, thinking about the interactions and why I was double checking with how Zen said affirmatively you would be around for sure before deadline, as if he knew from outside contact you would be. If there are multiple teams and more ways people can die, multiple protective absolutely makes sense. Even more so if a lot of the roles are powerful but only in certain situations and have some drawbacks, Spak's one shot and my Notes, FF's protection etc. We have only seen one kill each night, so a lot of this isn't really helping the two scum team theory I've been thinking about, but it's been on my mind as we aren't at a point where I can rule it out.

I think it might be #1 due to the large playerlist. Would be boring and demotivating to have a 2 man scumteam in a 20 man game. Also haven't seen anything to prove it via kills. Otherwise how else would we piece that together? In multi-ball shouldn't there be a way of us to notice that there are two scum teams so we can scumhunt appropriately?

3) I've read FF's posts and while he has been less active. I still feel like his posts provide something while not being empty. Someone tried to reference this to a past game and I don't see where others are coming from. Again, as I said earlier, me protecting him wasn't entirely due to my read, it was also due to his abilities and seeing that other Smashboards players might try to off him early due to that. I've liked his content over the whole game when he did post, walls or not it provided me something and some insight. It doesn't help that I absolutely feel like the push on his is bull given the free passes people are giving mpolo and Madge if we want to play the activity angle. Even worse when Madge doesn't have any real content outside of talking about the tree stump role. Like if Madge had any effort to scum hunt or provide anything, I might have been way more lenient given meta stuff Bessie pointed out. But it's not, it's literally coasting. That's where my problems are with the whole disparity with reads people have had with FF. I think people are setting him up for the fall for no good reason.

What do you think of the people defending her / ignoring her? Thoughts on Sabrar's FF reasoning?

4) Then talk to me, while I think there is something odd with Boom's Claim I want Madge gone first because people are still giving that slot a free pass. I'm still looking at claims and play, Madge has nothing. Is this a slot we want in a Mylo/Lylo situation? I sure as hell do not.

No, not a slot I want in Mylo/Lylo.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:26 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:mpolo claimed his targets N2 so it's very unlikely he was the redirect, and if he redirected me i'd still see Red as we would be bus-driven together. Sabrar also has some weirdness, so it seems certain that the Samus slot was able to roleblock N2 either from Yolinda or because YOLO allowed buddy remote control.

Can you paraphrase your actual result from the mod? Why do you think you were possibly RB'd/Redirected?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:32 pm UTC

@EGW: updated top3?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:34 pm UTC

Working on it still. For now, it's Boom > Madge. I'll give you a third later. I'm not so sure on Frozen anymore.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:35 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@EGW: updated top3?

Did you get your third yet? How do you feel about stumping Madge today?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:41 pm UTC

Still waiting on mod. Seeing the even numbers stumping Madge is possible but if I'm right about what happened then ultimately fruitless.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:43 pm UTC

How do you feel about Madge being AWOL from EOD D3? How can we rely on her to tree stump when she doesn't even care to come in when it's crunch time.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:51 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:How do you feel about Madge being AWOL from EOD D3?
Could easily be standard Madge, especially since email notification is not working.
Evil George Washington wrote:How can we rely on her to tree stump when she doesn't even care to come in when it's crunch time.
Obviously tree-stumping her would involve making it extremely clear to her that if she doesn't do it then we switch to her 5 minutes before deadline. No other way possible, no need to 'rely' on her.

FrozenFlame

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/10

Postby FrozenFlame » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:58 pm UTC

HOLY FUCK I AM SO FUCKING MAD WTF XKCD

I just typed up a gargantuan fucking post and then the site logged me out of some shit, told me I had to re-log in to quote posts, and when I logged in it only had the original quote from the starting draft and NONE of the dozen other quotes and response I incorporated....

fucking fuck fuck this shit I spent like 2 fucking hours on that goddamn post

I am fuming right now and seriously demotivated WHAT THE FUCK ARRGRHRGHGHRHGRHRHGRGHRHG

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:00 pm UTC

Ah, man that sucks.

I write my big posts in a google document to prevent exactly that from happening.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:04 pm UTC

Yeah, I do it in Notepad especially if I suspect I won't be able to finish it in one go.

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:07 pm UTC

God fucking damnit I am so tilted right now

I'll try to summarize the main points I wanted to get across

Basically I had a number of responses to the shit Sabrar said in response to me but there's no way I can summarize all of that because its obviously detailed point by point shit

Plytho has had some great posts and Im feeling good about that slot

Boomfrog is right on calling me lynch bait and is right to call out people pushing me for being scummy but those passively letting that push happen as perhaps even scummier

Madge's claim is so fucking bad considering madge was saying his role was "really useful/powerful" for us if we activated it. How the fuck is blocking votes useful or powerful? Maybe the stage 3 kill thing is powerful but still, too risky to be considering super powerful IMO. Madge has been essentially useless by play, coasting on an early claim all game, and when the time comes to tell all this alleged super useful role that we needed to organize around to activate is about as lackluster as they come. That on top of the fact that madge barely understands how it works and has resigned to his role alleged ambiguity just reeks.

Vote: Plytho

Unvote: Plytho

Vote: Madge

Wanted to vote plytho so his recruitment pool is as wide as possible

Anyone who thinks RR and I are buddies is out of their fucking mind. If we're buddies our play is so poor, we are literally dooming each other. EGW should know better having played with both of us plenty of times before on SWF. You know my scum play is better than this shit. RR targeting me for protection N1 also makes perfect sense considering the old SWF running gag is that town!FF always gets NK'd N1. I think I literally have the record for most games killed N1 as town there. I legitimately think this is a strong town tell for RR, revealing that he was hoping I was town too.

God fucking damnit Im so fucking frustrated right now I put so much effort into my big post and its just fucking wiped the fuck out FUCK THIS FUCKING SITE FUCKKKKKKK

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:10 pm UTC

I have to step away at this point there's no way I can focus on reconstructing that again after blowing all this time at work writing it up... going to have to wait until after

I'll just have to take that extra time to re-review EOD3 and D1 H_A posts and see if that can help me adjust anything I was saying. But FUCK man this game has already been burning me out and losing all that effort and having to start over really has me in a demotivated pissed off place... Like I've written long ass posts before without that logout shit happening and of course now it had to happen

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:12 pm UTC

EGW I want to believe you are town but you have to come off of this RR/FF scumteam shit, its such bullshit and honestly everyone pushing it looks sooooo scummy to me its hard to separate the actual scum from the people just content to roll with it because they don't want to think about it

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:21 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Not what I asked. How do you know that Znirk's ability did not have 'such an arduous activation requirement'?

Educated guess. I read the role and figured it was probably similar to mine--two unrelated powers. Even if it isn't, the odds of it having a harder activation than Madge's are pretty slim since I have a hard time even envisioning what such a thing would look like. Madge's power is ridiculously hard to activate for town!Madge since it basically requires the cooperation of scum. And for all that, it's kind of weak and negative utility.

Why do you consider yourself to have two "powers" is miller a "power"?

I use the terms powers/roles/abilities interchangeably. See, e.g. here
LaserGuy wrote:I’m a miller. My secondary ability is Judgment

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:14 pm UTC

Vote: Plytho

Unvote: Plytho

Might be around later tonight.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:18 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:From what my role PM says, once those players die the mod will post how many times I protected them as well.
So if Sabrar, Frozen or EGW flip it should say they were protected once?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:46 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:From what my role PM says, once those players die the mod will post how many times I protected them as well.
So if Sabrar, Frozen or EGW flip it should say they were protected once?

Yes it will include the number if it was done multiple times.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:22 pm UTC

But not if it was done once?

I'm trying to find out whether the note could be written by you or if it could only come from the mod.

If the note retrieved on flip is numbered that's content that could only come from a mod. If it's just the same message the 'protected' players received it could just come from you.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:32 pm UTC

I have a busy day tomorrow. I'll be able to read but my responses could be slow.

Preferred lynch right now: BoomFrog

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:D1: Boom, Dark Horse, Moody
D2: Boom, Gamma, Spak
D3: Sabrar, FrozenFlame

Why did you leave off Madge from your list?

Anyway, I've added yellow for verbally attacked and green for verbally defended.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

mpolo has a lot of white as do laserguy and plytho. mpolo is no surprise, but LaserGuy is interesting, like he has some townie credit for trying to hug the bomb, but everyone is unsure about him otherwise. Not sure if it's scum avoiding commenting on their buddy or scum trying not to be too committal on a good potential future miss-lynch.

There's no clear pattern but it does confirm that FF and Red are way too attacked to be scum. I'm also starting to wonder about mpolo+EGW scum team.

@EGW: Why did you insist mpolo withhold? doing so gives scum!mpolo a perfect chance to use his power malevolently without scrutiny.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 pm UTC

@mpolo: why did you withhold? What are the upsides and what are the downsides?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:02 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:mpolo claimed his targets N2 so it's very unlikely he was the redirect, and if he redirected me i'd still see Red as we would be bus-driven together. Sabrar also has some weirdness, so it seems certain that the Samus slot was able to roleblock N2 either from Yolinda or because YOLO allowed buddy remote control.

Can you paraphrase your actual result from the mod? Why do you think you were possibly RB'd/Redirected?

My result from N1 and N2 were the same. No result. I think I was RBed because I belive Red.

BoomFrog

Re: Crossover Mafia | D3 | 10/06

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:21 am UTC

Finally got to the bottom of my to-do pile, and this is still waiting for me. Better late then never.

bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote: Yes. Although he backed off because he was upsetting you AND because it was hurting your ability to scum hunt. He tried to back off, you reeled him back into it. He said "I'll wait on my questions" you said, "ask them now". And yes, I think he is self aware about what he was doing. It was the focal point of his game in fridge. In this game, when I challenged him about acting the same as in fridge he replied, "Well after this game it will be my townie meta".
I think you’re mistaken. Read just his and my posts to see who is reeling in who. What makes you think he was trying to back off? Because he said this (Sept 22, 10:06 am UTC)?
plytho wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote: Stop trying to continue the back and forth with bessie when the points have already been summed up. It doesn't look genuine any more.
I made my final point (+why I continued), consider it stopped.
A little more than two hours earlier he said this (Sept 22, 7:42 am UTC):
plytho wrote: I don't want to drop this because I feel very strongly that this is a townie thing to do and I will keep doing it in future games. I want to talk this out so you know where I'm coming from next time I do something like this.
I pointed this out here. And he still continued with the same questions, see this post. If you care to read through some of our exchanges, you’ll see that I was responding to him, because if I didn’t respond to everything he posted asking me why I was avoiding answering his questions.

This is true and I apparently misremembered a few things, but this only proves plytho is myopic and stubborn, not necessarily scum.

And you’re misrepresenting the “I’ll wait on the questions” event. plytho said he had some responses for me but wanted wait to post them until after I completed my reads here, so as not to distract me. I told him to go ahead and post them here, because I wouldn’t be completing my reads until he was asleep, and if he waited to post his questions I would be asleep and wouldn’t see them in time to respond (Monday morning not good, working all day, home close to deadline Monday night, plytho is in Europe, 9 hours ahead of me). He posted his questions in a spoiler, I finished my reads, then I responded to plytho here, (end of day). You make it sound like I was provoking him with “ask them now”, where this was actually just us working with our time zones to make sure we had time to cover anything. You’re deliberately misrepresenting what happened in this particular instance and painting me as aggressive in a rare situation where I wasn’t.
If that's true then I did misunderstand the interaction. It seemed to me that he was willing to let things drop unresolved and you insisted. If you were 100% caught up on the game when you opened his spoiler then I guess you were fine. But it seemed to me that responding to him at that point was overwhelming your ability to do more useful things and that was your choice, not plytho's.
By the way, you declaring that he backed off to spare my feelings gets it in print for everyone to see, but it doesn’t make it true. And your response makes me more skeptical of your plytho soulread and your motives (see also: Madge).

At the time you originally made this point disagreed, but at this point it's being overshadowed by other pings.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:22 am UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Madge is just focusing on role stuff, still dislike this slot immensely but need to think about roles and claims along with a recent scum flip.

Please do not refer to me in dehumanising language with phrases like "this slot".
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:41 am UTC

Firstly: FFS, I swear I didn't fuck up this time, the mod replied to me saying that they forgot to send me a PM on N2 stating that I'm in gaol until my jailer frees me or is killed. I've asked for in-thread confirmation because I am really, really pissed about this since you guys already hate me for not reading my role PMs and I'm worried nobody is going to believe me :roll:.

plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Also: @madge don't edit, even your claim table. EBWOP like the rest of us peasants.
I read that as Madge ninja+editing and ebwopping her realisation she missed something in the ninja edit.

Yes this is what happened on that. I would never hit the edit button, not even on my precious precious claim table.

Some odd inconsistencies in her claims about whether or not her role says Tree Stump.

DID YOU NOT READ MY LAST POST? I never said my role said tree stump. I said my role *was* a tree stump. Like seriously, this is suspicious????

bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:And now we wait for Madge's famous analysis. :D
Madge wrote:Come on my claim ranking from before was not enough? For real though I'm busy the rest of the day, basically all day tomorrow and Saturday morning. You're looking at 48 hours before you hear from me again (I may make another post in about 14 hours but that'll be it for another 24).
Sabrar keeps giving you every opportunity…

FOR REAL? I have a fucking life outside of this forum and apparently that's not allowed? I decide that I should check in and post before I start on my assignment (I work full time and am doing a degree on the side, so I AM BUSY, okay?), and I am greeted with people giving me shit for not being online when I said I wouldn't be online? Are you guys for real?

I am getting so frustrated right now. I don't even care that I was jailed (and the mod forgot that - I am sorry the mod forgot something!!! I am going to be in trouble for that too????). I care that people are STILL USING FUCKING DEHUMANISING LANGUAGE AFTER I SPECIFICALLY ASKED THEM TO STOP, accusing me of making claims I never made, and ............ I am so fucking pissed.

What I am trying to say is my level of motivation was already razor thin and you guys are being big meanie pants and making me sad :(((((( and ruining that tiny level of motivation. I am not doing a claim analysis in the next few hours. Maybe in like 10 hours or so if I've calmed down.

=================
CLAIM DATABASE

(spoilered per request, note changes are not marked in any way)

Spoiler:
UNCLAIMED PLAYERS
CLAIMS
Madge: half-jester (is given powers if she is half-lynched, good for three half-lynches; tree stumps if she hammers a lynch)

Mpolo: Miria from Guardian Legend, bus driver (withheld N0, switch Zyth/amrock N1, jimbob/sabrar N2, withheld N3)

Laserguy: Arthas Menethil from Warcraft. town judgment miller. Judgment is one-time use, which I used to target Zen on N1, and was redirected to

SirG/Amrock via mpolo. acquired chat with plytho on D3 via plytho's power.

Plytho: I'm frisk from undertale. unconfirmed mason recruiter. can only recruit people who voted for him. Recruited Laserguy N2. Recruited either Bessie or EGW N3

EGW: I am Simea, from Crystalis [NES]. I am a Jack of all trades, and I can use different abilities. Barrier, Telepathy, and Paralysis. I already used Barrier N1; did receive notification that Dr Mario protected him. Hidden message, Secondary Ability Roleblock. I don't have enough information N0 to use any of my abilities. I'd rather save paralysis for late game when I have more information, before then would be guessing game as to who to use it on and don't want to risk that. Found Barrier being used N1 was the optimal usage since that night I would have the least information since it's the first night.

Red Ryu: Doctor who gives notes to targets; (FrozenFlame, EGW, Sabrar): Notes become public on death

BoomFrog: Tyreal from Diablo. Town Vindicator. Twice a game I can watch a player. Once a game I can kill a player who I have watched visit my target.(N0: withheld; N1: mpolo no result; N2: EGW, no result)

Sabrar: MegaMan - absorbs an ability and can use it the next day. Details: viewtopic.php?p=4255774#p4255774

Frozenflame: Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, Town Deflector. Can "focus"(not on consecutive nights) to cause all lethal actions to be redirected from self onto target. Target SirG N1, Boomfrog N3 (hinting at good power was to draw scum kill)

Bessie: Town Decision Maker (one shot power, everyone's first vote is permenant for a day)

FLIPS (THESE SHOULD BE EXHAUSTIVE NOW, please let me know if I missed anyone)

MAFIA
moody7277, Reaper (Overwatch), Mafia Know-It-All Wraith lynched D1!
Yolinda, Samus Aran X (Metroid), Mafia Roleblocking Possessor

TOWN
Maven89, Agent 47 (Hitman), Town Guilt-Ridden Vigilante killed N1!
Spak, Steve (Minecraft), Town Jailor, lynched D2!
Znirk, Snake (Metal Gear), Town Unwilling Voteblocker, modkilled D2!
Peaceful Whale, Maiden in Black (Demon Souls), Town One-Use Mason Cop, killed N2! (Bessie claims that PW was a one-shot cop that massons target if innocent)
Zyth: Not 100% sure on power https://quicktopic.com/52/H/8EncU8haCkF Zyth targeted Sabrar N0, apparently Maven N1, most likely Ryu N2
Jimbob: vote limiter (once per game can designate 2 players as the only ones who can be voted for that day)

INDIE
Amrock, GLaDOS (Portal), Independent Ultra-Bomb Influencer, judgement lynched D2!
Gamma Emerald, Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher), Independent Bounty Hunter, killed by explosion D2!
[/quote]
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:43 am UTC

and if you want to lynch me let me know because i'll quit rather than waste an opportunity for town to lynch scum, because maybe that way I can do one fucking tiny shred of a helpful thing.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:29 am UTC

Madge wrote:and if you want to lynch me let me know because i'll quit rather than waste an opportunity for town to lynch scum, because maybe that way I can do one fucking tiny shred of a helpful thing.

I feel that would be against the spirit of the rules. I know I'm not the one harassing you but I hope you can ignore them and have fun. It's an emotional game. That's part of the fun right?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:30 am UTC

plytho wrote:I have a busy day tomorrow. I'll be able to read but my responses could be slow.

Preferred lynch right now: BoomFrog

Who do you think my scummates are?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:33 am UTC

Same question to EGW of course.

@LaserGuy: My lynch is looking likely, anything important to say?

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:02 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Madge wrote:and if you want to lynch me let me know because i'll quit rather than waste an opportunity for town to lynch scum, because maybe that way I can do one fucking tiny shred of a helpful thing.

I feel that would be against the spirit of the rules. I know I'm not the one harassing you but I hope you can ignore them and have fun. It's an emotional game. That's part of the fun right?

It's not fun for me right now. I would have quit a long time ago if I was actually an indie (cf SirG). This game moves too quickly and everyone is treating me like garbage for not keeping up. If I had any idea that it would be this fast I would never ever have signed up.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:34 am UTC

Madge wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:

It's not fun for me right now. I would have quit a long time ago if I was actually an indie (cf SirG). This game moves too quickly and everyone is treating me like garbage for not keeping up. If I had any idea that it would be this fast I would never ever have signed up.
Madge, you are not the only one having trouble keeping up, and you are not the only one being called out for it. If you are town, the most important thing that you can do to help town is to remain in and contribute to the game.

And Madge, I would still like an answer to this question:
bessie wrote:Madge, please confirm that you need N/2 votes to activate each power separately (three times), and not N/2 votes once to activate all three powers.

Madge wrote::shock: my role PM is ambiguous about this! I am asking for clarification.\

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:43 am UTC

If you guys are going to treat me like dirt then you DESERVE to lose. I am so sick of everything :(

Mod didn't answer my question about how many times I need the votes to be activated. Given I am actually jailed I'm not sure if it matters, but I will ask again anyway..

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:44 am UTC

Also, show me someone else who is being called "it" or "that slot". It's a horrible way to speak about somebody who is trying her best.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:45 am UTC

and why the hell should I try and win a game that people are treating me badly during and then at the end of the game eveen if we do win everyone will be like "oh madge i wish you'd tried harder you could have really helped us", MAYBE IF YOU DECIDED TO BE A HUMAN BEING TO ME

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:48 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:There is still the balance issue
Is a single-shot Jailer enough protection in a 20 player game?
There was the possibility that town!Megaman would inherit the jailer, the wraith, and EGW’s commuter power (if it is the one that is listed first). And the jailer lasts until it is removed.

BoomFrog wrote:
bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Why did you not use telepathy on PW to establish a hidden signal he can use to tell you his cop result(s)?
Why did you not watch Peaceful Whale since it seems it was soooo obvious to everyone he was a cop?

I had a lot of choices of who to watch. It was clear his power was one shot and that he likely had communicated with you and he was not a strong scum hunter, so I thought it unlikely he would be killed. EGW only had one reasonable target for who would be useful to communicate with. Not using anything N2 or N3 seems pretty weird. It's like he doesn't care about using his message power usefully.
So it was soooo clear Peaceful Whale’s power was one shot, so scum wouldn't kill him, and that’s why you didn’t waste your power watching him. Then why should you expect Evil George Washington use up his telepathy with Peaceful Whale so that Peaceful Whale could tell him that he used a one shot cop on bessie and got a town result, which was also apparently sooooo obvious (and Peaceful Whale wasn't going to get night killed anyway)?

Sabrar wrote: re:Madge
Explained before, if she doesn't have chat with BoomFrog she cannot be scum. Maybe after this game she can fake it but not going into it. I don't care what happened afterwards, her inactivity does not make her initial post null. Her not receiving notification about the jail could easily be because I was blocked.
I really think you are underestimating Madge’s cleverness.

Ninja'd by Madge

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:57 am UTC

I'm confused about this kerfuffle about my initial post and a link with boomfrog and apparently something about me being clever (you know how to stroke my ego...)? I missed something, but what?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:02 am UTC

@Bessie: I'm not saying it's an amazing use of the power, but as someone who surly feels that he is likely to die at any night I do not think town!EGW would have withheld for two nights. He's really planning on being alive until N6? I don't think so. There's no reason for him to save telepathy. At bare minimum, he could have sent you a PM to prove his power before the mass claim. Would you not have found some use for it by now?

Return to “Mafia”