Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:40 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:[
Bessie was defending Madge most of the game and using meta as an excuse.
No, she wasn't. Sabrar and BoomFrog were, bessie was critical of Madge.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:43 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Btw who is scum?

Hey Ryu I want you to confirm the contents of the message.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:44 pm UTC

Powers aside, Red's content has been pretty terrible D4 and toDay. Like he's not actually engaged in the game. The kill choices have been very odd all game which makes me hesitant to read into them too deeply. My current theory is the small killing faction has been trying to keep just the right number of mafia alive to keep them as a distraction but not big enough to win, which implies a competent player on the small kill team (Sabrar or EGW, though I mostly trust EGW at this point(although maybe not if he is SK... sigh.), One bike ride later: Yes, I still trust EGW, lynching me and misslynching FF later would be much easier then the reverse)
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:10 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Yes, I still trust EGW, lynching me and misslynching FF later would be much easier then the reverse)

This is an odd way of phrasing it.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:23 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Yes, I still trust EGW, lynching me and misslynching FF later would be much easier then the reverse)

Heh, yeah it is. I guess I think of "lynching" as the general term and "misslynching" as a thing scum plans to do in the future. Like, I'd never say, "he pushed the Spak misslynch".

Weird.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:25 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:It occured to me that plytho's targetting bessie for "chat" could be a cover for sending a kill against her. Not that I have any real reason to suspect plytho more than anyone else…

Of course, we don't seem to have much on trackers/cops anyway, so scum!plytho wouldn't really have needed to fake it.

The only reason I can come up with for this being the case would be that 1) scum can't use their powers and another ability at the same time and 2) plytho's buddy or buddies also have active abilities that would be obvious if they weren't used... basically one of you, EGW, or RR.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:38 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
mpolo wrote:It occured to me that plytho's targetting bessie for "chat" could be a cover for sending a kill against her. Not that I have any real reason to suspect plytho more than anyone else…

Of course, we don't seem to have much on trackers/cops anyway, so scum!plytho wouldn't really have needed to fake it.

The only reason I can come up with for this being the case would be that 1) scum can't use their powers and another ability at the same time and 2) plytho's buddy or buddies also have active abilities that would be obvious if they weren't used... basically one of you, EGW, or RR.

Hmm.... actually that would imply that the scum team is exactly {plytho, EGW}. N2 both mpolo and plytho took actions, RR has taken an action every night. N1 EGW took an action but plytho did not; N2 plytho took an action but EGW did not; N3 plytho took an action and EGW did not. N4 EGW took an action and plytho's was lost.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:48 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:

Ok.

Your told laser you think it is Sabrar, Mpolo and Madge. You wanted laser to push on Sabrar today if you died and re-evaluated your town reads. Plytho tunneling and what he was doing concerned you. You hate how he stoped the frog lynch d2. All hope is with him and Lynch Madge. paraphrased of course.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:49 pm UTC

plytho wrote:

I could be recalling incorrectly but I do remember a huge wall d3 where Bessie was explaining from meta always thinking she looks like scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:50 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:

Agreeing with this.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:53 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Powers aside, Red's content has been pretty terrible D4 and toDay. Like he's not actually engaged in the game. The kill choices have been very odd all game which makes me hesitant to read into them too deeply. My current theory is the small killing faction has been trying to keep just the right number of mafia alive to keep them as a distraction but not big enough to win, which implies a competent player on the small kill team (Sabrar or EGW, though I mostly trust EGW at this point(although maybe not if he is SK... sigh.), One bike ride later: Yes, I still trust EGW, lynching me and misslynching FF later would be much easier then the reverse)

I actually have been very vocal and engaging, i’m Just not super active all the time like last weekend.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:11 pm UTC

@plytho: Why did you decide to target bessie rather than mpolo?

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:27 pm UTC

I meant I'd kill mpolo if I was scum.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:31 pm UTC

No, I mean for your chat. You didn't want BoomFrog. Why did you pick bessie rather than mpolo? (Or RR, who I think also has voted for you now)

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:54 pm UTC

Everyone but Sabrar has voted for me now. I picked bessie because she was part of the plan I was fine with, I thought she was town and she likely wasn't protected.

As I mentioned in chat and here as well, I thought mpolo was a very likely night kill target (if he's town). Why would I target him?

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:55 pm UTC

EBWOP: She likely was protected obviously.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:12 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:
plytho wrote:

I could be recalling incorrectly but I do remember a huge wall d3 where Bessie was explaining from meta always thinking she looks like scum.

It's stuff like this that makes me feel you are not engaged. The vast majority of Bessie's posts about Madge have been saying she thinks Sabrar and I are underestimating Madge and Madge is scum. Bessie and EGW have been the two most vocal about lynching Madge besides you.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:18 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Everyone but Sabrar has voted for me now. I picked bessie because she was part of the plan I was fine with, I thought she was town and she likely wasn't protected.

bessie wasn't part of the plan. BoomFrog was. You went off script and chose someone else, and that someone else just so happens to now be dead. As I said in chat after the flip initially... not a good look for you. So I want to know your reasoning for choosing bessie in particular, as opposed to one of the other players you had an option of choosing.

plytho wrote:As I mentioned in chat and here as well, I thought mpolo was a very likely night kill target (if he's town). Why would I target him?

So that Town can direct his power without scum being able to see who his targets are?

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:25 pm UTC

She was part of the plan until EGW decided to change the plan at the very last minute for no good reason. That plan was the plan I agreed with.

If you wanted me to target mpolo why didn't you ask?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:50 pm UTC

plytho wrote:If you wanted me to target mpolo why didn't you ask?

It's not like you've listened to any of my recommendations anyway :roll:. In seriousness, I was happy with you targeting BoomFrog.

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:54 pm UTC

Were you happy with me targeting bessie?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:03 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:
plytho wrote:

It's stuff like this that makes me feel you are not engaged. The vast majority of Bessie's posts about Madge have been saying she thinks Sabrar and I are underestimating Madge and Madge is scum. Bessie and EGW have been the two most vocal about lynching Madge besides you.

I'm going off memory and not rereading, not really planning much to do this since I don't have the time investment for it.

I do not recall bessie being vocal about lynching Madge.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:12 pm UTC

I find it interesting that scum didn't go for either Ryu or mpolo. Based on claims Town's best abilities currently seem to be the protective ones (counting redirection here as well). I feel that if both of them are Town then scum would have wanted to kill one of them in order to facilitate their next NK. This makes me suspicious of mpolo who was not protected.
Ryu killing bessie would be a double-buff, counting on us to find it just too suspicious that we wouldn't want to kill him off in the end. If Ryu is Town then scum either wanted bessie dead no matter what despite the 50% chance of being protected or scum had a way around protection and wanted to implicate Ryu. First is unlikely because missing out on the NK gives Town another opportunity to lynch correctly due to the number of players being odd after the lynch.
On the other hand scum could bank on us mislynching one of them in MYLO so they don't have to worry about the next NK at all.

Pedit:
@Ryu: here

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:25 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Were you happy with me targeting bessie?

It's not what I would have done, but I didn't have any objections to you recruiting her in principle. As I said, the problem is that the target of your recruitment is now dead under suspicious circumstances, and had you been following the plan, you would have ended up with a different target.

Sabrar wrote:I find it interesting that scum didn't go for either Ryu or mpolo. Based on claims Town's best abilities currently seem to be the protective ones (counting redirection here as well). I feel that if both of them are Town then scum would have wanted to kill one of them in order to facilitate their next NK. This makes me suspicious of mpolo who was not protected.
Ryu killing bessie would be a double-buff, counting on us to find it just too suspicious that we wouldn't want to kill him off in the end. If Ryu is Town then scum either wanted bessie dead no matter what despite the 50% chance of being protected or scum had a way around protection and wanted to implicate Ryu. First is unlikely because missing out on the NK gives Town another opportunity to lynch correctly due to the number of players being odd after the lynch.
On the other hand scum could bank on us mislynching one of them in MYLO so they don't have to worry about the next NK at all.

This is a very good point. bessie is a very strange target. Ryu had partial protection, at least (they could have tried to target me/Madge and hoped the kill would flip to him... actually what I thought had happened + mpolo changing his targets in the night). I don't understand why scum would target her for the NK rather than mpolo. Or EGW, for that matter, if they just wanted to kill a high-profile townie.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:07 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:]I got a message directed to laser last night that was redirected to me think from EGW. Sorry I missed this on mobile given I was busy over the weekend.

Ryu, what did the message say?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:09 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:]I got a message directed to laser last night that was redirected to me think from EGW. Sorry I missed this on mobile given I was busy over the weekend.

Ryu, what did the message say?

He answered already. here.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:

Ok.

Your told laser you think it is Sabrar, Mpolo and Madge. You wanted laser to push on Sabrar today if you died and re-evaluated your town reads. Plytho tunneling and what he was doing concerned you. You hate how he stoped the frog lynch d2. All hope is with him and Lynch Madge. paraphrased of course.

Ok yeah Ryu received the message.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:14 pm UTC

Killing Bessie shows mpolo or red is scum or scum don't care about one of their powers for some reason.

Not killing Red shows laser or red are scum or scum don't care about the doctor for some reason.

Basically, either scum have a strongman or red is very likely to be scum.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:18 pm UTC

Boom you still have to consider the result you got when you watched me N2 as well.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:29 pm UTC

Plytho, why did your action ignore Laser's immunity N1?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:30 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Plytho tunneling and what he was doing concerned you. You hate how he stoped the frog lynch d2.
@EGW: Could you clarify this for me? I don't remember BoomFrog being a lynch-candidate D2.

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:33 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
plytho wrote:Were you happy with me targeting bessie?

It's not what I would have done, but I didn't have any objections to you recruiting her in principle.
Why didn't you say so when I asked in chat?
Sabrar wrote:I find it interesting that scum didn't go for either Ryu or mpolo. Based on claims Town's best abilities currently seem to be the protective ones (counting redirection here as well). I feel that if both of them are Town then scum would have wanted to kill one of them in order to facilitate their next NK. This makes me suspicious of mpolo who was not protected.
That's what I've been saying.

Suspicious:
mpolo for not getting killed,
Red because he was supposed to protect bessie,
EGW for not wanting me to target bessie

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:34 pm UTC

I stated that Plytho I did not like his blocking of my push on Boom early D2. (When we were arguing on whether Boom's vote on Moody)

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:36 pm UTC

*was a bus or not)

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:36 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Plytho, why did your action ignore Laser's immunity N1?
Because my power ignores immunities/roleblocks. Otherwise I wouldn't have targeted him. I've mentioned this before.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:37 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Why didn't you say so when I asked in chat?

Why did you ask so late?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:38 pm UTC

@EGW: Ah, ok. What do you then think of plytho's push on BoomFrog later? Specifically starting here.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:39 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Because my power ignores immunities/roleblocks. Otherwise I wouldn't have targeted him. I've mentioned this before.

What is the role name for that power? Is that your secondary?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:44 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@EGW: Ah, ok. What do you then think of plytho's push on BoomFrog later? Specifically starting here.

I only thought it interesting that he had a big push on Boom when he was arguing me down confidently on it D2. I didn't expect him to be the one to change course on Boom. It was hard to convince him to choose Boom in chat, and he was focusing on that one detail, and ignoring Boom's D4 play.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Your told laser you think it is Sabrar, Mpolo and Madge.
Do you still think so? Care to present your third case on why I'm scum after you dropped the previous ones?

Return to “Mafia”