The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Peaceful Whale

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:56 am UTC

... I’m sorry for you. Is there a set type font?
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:04 am UTC

There isn't. It's a lot of pressure for one document. Hopefully I'll get it - it's not a guarantee.

The fact I have to apply for my own job is its own special bit of torture though too. In order to make everything fair, you can't just appoint someone into a job in the government, you have to advertise it to the general public so that way anyone in the country can apply for it. This means, of course, that a job like mine which should HOPEFULLY be "won" by me, will require a bunch of other people to make applications that will likely be unsuccessful. And, of course, there's a real chance that I'll fuck up my application, bomb the interview, or otherwise mess up and someone else will get the job that I've been doing the past 3 years just because I didn't do great in the application. So it all kind of sucks. But hey, job seeking sucks in general, right?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:12 am UTC

Yeah, I’ve filled out about 10 job applications, and only one actually replied back to me, they said you had to be 16 to work. :(
I think when they know I’m 14, they don’t even bother going past that. It’s kinda a haslte to hire a minor, as they need a job permit and can’t do certain stuff. But I’m working with my school, and hopefully I’ll have a job soon!
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:13 am UTC

But I don’t really need a job, so you’ve got my hopes Madge! Good luck, hope that you don’t bomb it, explosions are messy!
Spoiler:

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:45 am UTC

I'll be okay - I'll keep my job whatever happens, just won't get a slightly better job :). (and it is only SLIGHTLY better, $15 a week extra money, I won't exactly be making it rain)

Enjoy not working while you can - I got my first job at 18 at Hungry Jack's (Australian name for Burger King), it was good to have money but maaan, it was also nice to have nothing to do every night after school.

I hated high school though, all that crap about "the best years of your life" is probably true for some, but very much was not for me. There were parts that were good (having no responsibility beyond school work), but with responsibility you have rights. Like, I never have to eat my least favourite foods that my parents cooked ever again because I get to cook for myself (or have a partner cook for me which has been happening lately with all the stuff going on!)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:42 am UTC

I remember looking for jobs to apply for when I studied abroad in Australia. It was hella ridic. There were tiers of qualification for friggin everything. "Horticulturalist Level III" etc etc.

Public jobs (including public universities) are the same in the US. All of them need to have the application open for a certain period and ones at and or above a certain level require at least three applicants be interviewed (this might vary by state, I'm not sure).
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

wam

Postby wam » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:07 pm UTC

Madge wrote:Secret Santa @ Peaceful Whale

Spoiler:
I am really proud of the role I submitted, I hope you guys have fun with it! I love writing flavour especially when it doesn't have to be in any particular theme :lol:

Secret Santa @ pw and laser

Spoiler:
Yeah I accidentally read the one above but I assume it doesn't matter
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:51 pm UTC

Can I read that secret santa spoiler or is it spoielrs that will hype us up for the coming game?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:53 pm UTC

Uh.... wam just acidently read your spoiler, but it’s ok, nothing was given away in it.
Spoiler:

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:03 pm UTC

OK, I just assumed wam wasn't playing and that's why my spoiler was read

Also, it may have revealed something (see spoiler below)

Secret Santa (much more spoilery than my last Secret Santa spoiler)
Spoiler:
My references to flavour writing could allow someone who read it to narrow down whether I submitted their role or not based on the amount / quality / tone of the flavour.

Then again, I'm guessing the mods will rewrite it some, and probably after me modding two games this year people will be able to identify stuff that's keeping in with my sense of humour and maybe that would mean that anyone who thinks about it seriously might be able to peg my role based on my sense of humour as well as the fact it's a cultural reference from a more "English" culture.

That's it, when I get my role, I'm going to post a spoiler trying to determine who was likely to have submitted it based on what I know of the players.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 pm UTC

Secret Santa: @madge. (Madge may read)
Spoiler:
I am pretty much rewriting flavour for everyone, so all roles will have a lot of flavour... so yours should blend in quite well. I plan on keeping most of your role together, but make it fit a tiny bit better.
Spoiler:

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:09 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Secret Santa: @madge. (Madge may read)
Spoiler:
I am pretty much rewriting flavour for everyone, so all roles will have a lot of flavour... so yours should blend in quite well. I plan on keeping most of your role together, but make it fit a tiny bit better.

Secret Santa @ PW

Spoiler:
Awesome! Don't give away too much, I'm excited to see how you change it. I'm also excited to see your flavour!

I don't know if it's true everywhere but in Australia everyone gets really grumpy with how early hot cross buns get sold (not me, I love 'em, and they're almost always vegan to boot!). They're a great breakfast treat. If you've never had them, I highly recommend trying some. There's plenty of recipes online, and you don't have to draw the crosses on them which is the only really tricky part.

But yeah, they do get sold RIGHT AFTER christmas, and I thought of the "hot cross bunny" pun and I was like "I am submitting that as secret santa and i don't care who complains"

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:43 am UTC

Last call for signups for Secret Santa!

Registration will close in 24 hours or so. Role PMs will hopefully go out a couple days following that once we have everything sorted out.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:23 pm UTC

Secret Santa (quite spoilery)
Spoiler:
I'm quite excited to see how the role I submitted will work out. Trying to make a "new" power with very little mafia experience probably wasn't my best ideas, but if my logic is solid (which quite often isn't the case) it rewards whichever faction has it when they do well and also helps them in case they mess up. I think that's quite neat, although I will probably find out everyone else cooked up something much more impressive.
—◯-◯

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:38 am UTC

Flavour is done!!! Role PMs are ready to be sent out, and I believe we are starting tomorrow, I’m just waiting for LaserGuy to get back to me.

I plan to have Role PMs sent out tonight or tomorrow. And the game starting the day after.

There may need to be some changes, but we will definitely (unless something horrible happens) get started this week.
Spoiler:

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:51 am UTC

Secret Santa

Spoiler:
So!! It's on.

I've been given a town role with basically a random set of buttons that probably each have a different ability.

I compulsively must press one each night, and I don't know if they're good or bad. I suppose I should target someone scummy in case there's a cop-like ability (the buttons are based on these smilies: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: so I am going to try and use them to meta-game as that's all I have to go on)

If I had to guess who submitted my role........... I'm going Sabrar, and I don't know why. My first thought was mpolo but he's not playing so.....

Seriously there are 8 different buttons and I don't think someone "new" like somitomi or liri would do it. Moody I don't think that's his sense of humour. Bessie I feel would have something with a single obvious power with a very clear theme. Plytho I don't know enough about; he's a possibility.

Also: I'm going to try to not claim until forced to. My first instinct was to post in detail about my role and ask people who I should target so I'm going to really be playing against type here :lol:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:02 am UTC

Secret Santa
Spoiler:
Town, Day-Vig on even days but can only kill people who are voting for me 48 hours before deadline. Will be tricky (assuming even that I survive N1).

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:31 am UTC

Secret Santa 2017:
Spoiler:
Well, this is going to be fun.
I'm scum, with someone else I'm not going to reveal just yet, but you'll all be amused to find out who when you do. I don't have any special abilities unless I night kill someone. Then I get that player's ability for the next night. Interestingly, this is fairly similar to what I submitted. As well as a public announcement ability,
my submitted role got powers based on who died.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:09 pm UTC

@Sabrar. (Sabrar may not read)
Secret Santa
Spoiler:
I was trying to understand what you’re doing... you’re getting votes! Scum would want to lynch jester! Well played... well played
Last edited by Peaceful Whale on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:25 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:21 pm UTC

@PW - is that Secret Santa related, and can others read it? I'm guessing not, and so if so, please update the label.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:23 pm UTC

Secret Santa
Spoiler:
If anyone's wondering, I'm mainly having fun. It was frustrating not being able to participate in the discussion during Werewolf, plus I need to appear at least somewhat odd to get scum to vote me D2.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:24 pm UTC

Oops, yeah, no one read it!
Spoiler:

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:49 pm UTC

Good luck in Secret Santa, everyone!

The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

wam

Postby wam » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:59 pm UTC

Secret Santa

Spoiler:
I am town. I give out cookies when people eat them they get various attributes or negatives.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:57 pm UTC

Secret Santa

Spoiler:
So, what shall we do with a weirded-out Sabrar/early in the morning? I have a hypothesis that giddy->hyperactive from too many cookies->
watcher, but there's no way I'm going to speculate openly on that since it puts a big target on his back given wam's slam dunk last game. Second order hypothesis is giddiness->simulating jester play (including open admission)->scum!Sabrar. OTOH, jester is also an anti-town indie role as jimbob was talking about, and Sabrar may be trying to pull a NaR (intentionally being so annoying as to demand lynching). Time will tell.

In other news, I'm town this game, but with a power that is really bad if used irresponsibly as I did in the Secret Santa two years ago; mass redirector but in a predictable manner. The carrot to try to get me to use it is a one-shot bulletproof after I use it. I will have to give a full reveal on details as part of any night plan Sabrar wants to set up.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:31 pm UTC

Secret Santa (Detailed setup info: Massive spoilers)
Spoiler:
Okay, so here's how the setup ended up:

Distribution: 8 town, 2 scum, no indies

Scum:
bessie: Elf master scout (JoAT)
jimbob: Elf grave robber (ability absorber from NK)

This is going to be a very fun team. I'm elated that these two ended up getting rolled scum together, for reasons that are hopefully abundantly clear to any regulars here. I'm also quite happy with the abilities that they ended up with. bessie's role is a restructured version of Sabrar's submitted role, a time-traveling JoAT. She has three abilities, a kill, a watcher, and a follower, that are used on one night but have effects from a different one. The kill is activated on N1 but only processed on N3; the follower is activated N2 but sees an effect from N1; the watcher is used N3 but sees N2. The original conception had 5 abilities, but since this is a shorter game I cut it down. The extra kill is very powerful, but because it's time-delayed two nights, they have to have their target avoid two mislynched plus a vigilante to make it stick. The extra kill is balanced in part by the fact that there's 8 townies, so the extra kill only moves from MYLO to LYLO or makes up for a missed/blocked kill. jimbob's role allows him to gain the abilities of any player that he personally targets with the night kill, but only for the next night, and non-killing powers only. So no dayvig for scum (also, they can't get the double voter either). This should be pretty useful for scum as a whole. This is somitomi's submission, though, incidentally, jimbob himself actually submitted a role that was so similar that I repurposed it as something entirely different.

Town:
Sabrar: Even night dayvig
Maven: Hidden doublevoter
moody: Massive redirector
plytho: JoAT of sorts
wam: Inventor of sorts
Madge: Uh, random powers
Liri: Redirector
somitomi: Mediator

wam submitted a very powerful role, given to Sabrar, where you could choose to be a dayvig or a PGO. This seemed a bit excessive, so I toned it down to the even day vig (dayvig on D1 is lame), but Sabrar can only kill people who are voting for him. I like this role a lot since it's packs a lot of power, but also requires the player to play, uh, weirdly, which Sabrar seems to be embracing. If Sabrar makes it to D4 to get his second kill, that could decide the game.

Maven has one of Town's best roles. He's a double voter, with the second vote submitted by PM. He can also send anonymous messages during the day. This is jimbob's repurposed role.

plytho has Madge's role, which is a JoAT with three abilities: a sort-of cop type ability (he gets rolename if used D1, rolecop D2, full cop D3), a one-shot ascetic against another player, and a one-shot commuter.

moody's role is courtesy of Liri, and it's a monster... he can alter the target of every player in the game simultaneously, though in a predictable manner. This is one of those never, ever use as Town roles, so I sweetened the deal by giving him one-shot bulletproof, but a bulletproof that is conditional on him using his power the previous night.

wam has moody's role, which is an inventor that sends out cookies. People don't receive details on what the cookies do, but can choose whether or not to each them. Two beneficial effects (one night self watch and NK immunity) and two detrimental ones (voteblock and roleblock).

Madge has plytho's ability. She has a gadget that... uh... allows her to do stuff. She targets someone, presses a button, and gets a result. Most of the effects are actually fairly pro-town on the whole--cop, doctor, watcher, etc.--but she doesn't know that. One of the effects does vanillize her, though, and I'll be sad for her if she picks that one N1.

Liri has a very nasty anti-town role, courtesy of Maven. She must redirect one player onto another each night. The ability is compulsive, and must be a different target each night. But, if the ability she ends up redirecting fails twice, then she is killed outright. This isn't super likely to happen, but there are a lot of ways this could go wrong, and there's no upsides to this power, really.

somitomi is a doctor/roleblocker, but his power only triggers if he doesn't have a vote by the end of the night. Bad luck for him that this was bessie's submitted role, so scum will have a good chance of killing him early.

Interestingly, Town has virtually no investigative roles, and not a whole lot of particularly useful protective roles either. My feeling is that most of Town's powers will actually conspire to produce useless night results for everyone. Only the day powers, Sabrar's and Maven's, and somitomi's, are strongly pro-town, though somitomi is much more vulnerable to night chaos. I think the balance of this setup will be okay. Maybe a bit townsided due to the numbers, but hopefully I won't see too much outrage at the end of the game.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:34 pm UTC

Would love to be playing Secret Santa, but we’re in the middle of year-end processing and I really haven’t the time. I’m promising myself I won’t read spoilers, though, so I should be available to replace in in the unfortunate case that it’s required.

Really want to read the spoilers, though.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:41 am UTC

Santa
Spoiler:
glad my noobiness is being (correctly) read as towniness

but now I'm afraid I'm an easy target for a NK
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:28 pm UTC

Secret Santa
Spoiler:
Current thoughts about my role:
- Unless I can pull out some weird stuff early D2 (for which I have plans), it's unlikely I can get scum to vote me if I continue on the current path.
- The other possibility is to survive until D4 in a MYLO situation and hope for some miracle there. Unlikely to happen.
- I'm actually considering to claim 1-shot day-cop on a scum-lean (wam) and if wrong getting some votes that way D2. This is extremely tempting but could backfire in a number of ways, plus I have a known history of being completely against such shenanigans.
- I think I will resign myself to be VT this game. Not a fan of the double limitations on the role, possibly there to not make it too powerful in the hands of scum. I don't think this goal was quite achieved though.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:36 am UTC

Secret Santa
Spoiler:
I'm town and I like my role. I think I know who came up with it. I'm a (the) hot cross bunny. Apparently a hot cross bun is an easter pastry common in australia, new zealand and the UK but they're sold very early in some places, upsetting people. This seems like something Madge would come up with. It kind of reminds me of her bin chicken flavor. I wonder if I can use the fact that Madge may have invented my power to towns advantage.

I have three powers: I can learn something random about a target each night (rolename, alignment,power), I have a single use commute and I have a single use 'block anything but a kill for the rest of the game from one player onto me'. The last one doesn't seem very useful as town but I like the investigative one. The commute may be useful near end game.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:25 pm UTC

Secret Santa
Spoiler:
PoE is reduced to Maven, moody, somitomi and wam

wam

Postby wam » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:30 pm UTC

Santa

Spoiler:
I can't understand sabrar posts from a town perspective. Which is making me wonder but it could be some weird play.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:48 pm UTC

Santa

Spoiler:
Also I wonder how many games as town before I stop topping scum lists d1 as that's my meta

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:51 pm UTC

Santa

Spoiler:
Moody talked about pushing a button and I got a big thought that he's breadcrumbing submitting my role, so I've decided to jump on it and just go all-in on the button talk.

Worst case scenario I'm breadcrumbing my claim. Best case scenario moody will know I know what he was trying to say (this is probably tinfoil hat and possibly against the rules, but I think in 2014 two town players submitted each others' roles and in retrospect they were clearly talking at each other in code (sharing night results in particular)).

Alternative scenario scum submitted my role and knows what I'm capable of and decides to kill me lest I cause trouble / decides to keep me alivce because they know I have nfi what my powers do.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 pm UTC

Secret Santa 2017:
Spoiler:
I don't know if it's been outed in the spoilers above, but bessie is my scum mate. Which makes the majority of reads very pleasant reading for us:
somitomi - me towniest, bessie second towniest
moody - not to vote for (amongst others) - me, bessie...
Sabrar - core town = bessie,... likely town = me, ...
Liri - likes my posts
plytho - not detecting anything suspicious in my posts; bessie is standard game (so town)
wam - town = me (good content), bessie (usual play)

Only Madge is showing any signs of even remote suspicion towards either of us.

I really wish I could see Sabrar's face when he eventually finds out that bessie has fooled him (especially if he dies before finding out).
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:45 am UTC

Secret Santa Spoiler
Spoiler:
Really wanted to play but real life got in my way. Upset since I was given such a great role too. I, at least, think it's funny that I asked to be replaced after I was already replaced.

I sent in my role because I thought most roles would be really fun/powerful, and I wanted a role that made a person go "shit, how do I use this and not screw everything up? even if they were mafia. It was supposed to double as a role blocker, since the person could redirect to themselves to Rb their target, but I also made it so you died if the person was roleblocked, and forgot to mention that it wasn't designed to kill you if you were the one who RB'd them. I don't know if that omission is why the RB was taken out or balance reasons were, either way I'm interested in seeing how that will play out.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:38 am UTC

Secret Santa

Spoiler:
Hello Gojoe thread. Is anyone talking about me me me?

My initial Gojoe post for every game as of late has been several real life days into D1, or even into N1. And it has usually been a lament, as it has been more and more challenging to work up some initial enthusiasm for the game (I’m usually much better once the game gets rolling). The reason is, as all you frequent readers already know, is that I’ve been discouraged because I’m always town. Not that I don’t like playing town. I actually hate playing scum. But my game has been stagnant. By never playing from a different perspective I feel I’m not improving as a player. I can’t see the game from a scum perspective, and don’t know how to play anything other than town.

Apparently, this may still be an issue. :wink:

And as to why I waited so long this game to post in the Gojoe thread, last week I was too busy to make an epic first post. I felt a single sentence would not be sufficient for so grand an occasion, after a nearly two year build up. Then the weekend rolled around, and still no Gojoe post, as I was hit with the reality that I don’t like playing scum. Lynching someone is difficult enough, we all sign up because we want to play, and I hate removing someone from the game. The whole “killing” aspect just makes it more uncomfortable (shout out to Madge who has been trying to find different ways to remove players in the flavor other than lynching and killing, and to Deva who had a game with no killing, the expelled players simply went home). I understand that flavor is for fun, and I myself even wrote some pretty gnarly death scenes for MMM II. Anyhow I’m always a bit gloomy on D1 over the lynch/kill/kicking-someone-out-of-the-game thing regardless of alignment; it will pass after I get through the first cycle.

And the RL excuse for missing a day was true. The dog really bit me. :( I never lie about real life.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:16 am UTC

Secret Santa
Spoiler:
So at first I was like "Wow, does bessie have a Day-Cop result on me? Otherwise there's no way she's putting me as most townie." But Day-Cop is an incredibly strong power if it can have D1 result without some serious consequences/limitations and I didn't get any such feeling from bessie previously.
Then I was like "Could she be scum after all? This just doesn't make sense..." But even that is not a good explanation because she knows she doesn't need to sheep me to appear townie.
Finally I realized (bit too late for my liking) that she must have submitted my role and she just became certain I have it after I agreed with moody's 'walking a fine line' comment.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:18 pm UTC

Secret Santa

Spoiler:
I don't think plytho is being intentionally obtuse, and I am not being intentionally confusing. plytho wasn't in the 2015 Secret Santa game where I was town but had a random redirection power that I blasted all over the place N1 in a really non-town way and so doesn't realize how sensitive I am on this point. Sabrar, Madge, and jimbob were, and Sabrar seems to be a bit more sympathetic. The main difference is that this time, it's a simple algorithm for the redirection instead of random (it's a step to the left...), so not as chaotic as last time. My best solution is to put up an in case of my death post immediately before D1 deadline, and then give details start of D2 should I survive.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:04 pm UTC

Secret Santa

Spoiler:
right predictions time.

I am calling a Madge moody scum team with sabrar the Indy.

Also if my role went in unedited and kept the pho element I am calling it being Liri or somi as anyone else would have claimed. Well scum wouldn't but that would be rather over powered.

Random thought what if it went to sabrar and as an Indy they are trying to get targeted to kill off everyone.

Return to “Mafia”