Secret Santa 2017 Endgame - Merry Christmas

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sabrar

Re: Secret Santa Day 1 - Carol of the Elves

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:58 pm UTC

Liking jimbob's reads. First game in quite a while when I don't find him scummy.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:49 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:could you explain any of your reasoning for anybody else, please. For example, why am I and Madge at the townie end of the neutral pile?

You did notice I was calling these "snap" judgments? It wasn't much more than attitude to the game except for the notations on bessie and Sabrar. I will definitely put up a more detailed reads list for voting and power usage if warranted.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:20 am UTC

I'm impressed at jimbob being able to say so much based on so little content from others. Don't disagree with any of his comments, though I don't see why everyone is so suspicious of sabrar who seems to just be genuinely enthusiastic/having fun. Except pushing moody for reads when the content is so light. I mean ,really???

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Madge - This is an interesting comment:
Madge wrote:I'm trying to reboot my meta so I am going to have to think of something to say d1 apart from dropping hints based on my role :lol: which is harder than you'd think.
This is a good way for scum!Madge, who has recently been made aware that her scum-meta is obvious, to try and cover any apparent meta-scum-pings she sets off.

It's also a good way for town!Madge to put "making her new meta seem townie" points in the bank, since if I was scum surely with new awareness of my propensity for unreasonably early claiming I'd, well, claim unreasonably early and laugh all the way to the bank? (That was my plan, for real, if I'd flipped scum).
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:39 am UTC

@jim yeah he/him is correct. I'll pop the deets up in the thread.

I, too, am enthusiastic about it since there are probably lots of nifty/wacky roles, so I'm not sure how suspect that is (but if you've played a zillion games I dunno how special any one would be).
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:41 am UTC

Madge wrote:since if I was scum surely with new awareness of my propensity for unreasonably early claiming I'd, well, claim unreasonably early and laugh all the way to the bank?
Seriously? And you didn't find anything wrong with that plan?

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:46 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Madge wrote:since if I was scum surely with new awareness of my propensity for unreasonably early claiming I'd, well, claim unreasonably early and laugh all the way to the bank?
Seriously? And you didn't find anything wrong with that plan?

This is why you're a good player and I'm less good. I would have claimed something about my role (maybe misrepresent it to sound townier than it is, depending on specifics), or more likely offered a snippet of information about the flavour of the night kills or something. I don't know.

I'd ask you why that would be a bad idea but I don't want anyone to feel like scum!Madge is asking Sabrar for advice how to play in an alternate universe so we'll end it there.

@Liri: I'm often surprised by new and nifty roles that come around in games I play, especially with secret santa people can go off the hook and do something really unique/weird.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:00 am UTC

Madge wrote:I'd ask you why that would be a bad idea
Any tell becomes void once public exactly because it can be faked. So you wouldn't have earned any townie-points.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:39 am UTC

Amelia set the box in the middle of a spread of shimmering green wrapping paper. With expert precision, her scissors trimmed the wrap to the correct size, so that when she pulled it together the edges would only just meet. Never use a millimeter more than she needed, that was the way of it. Wrapping had to be done right if it was to be worth doing at all.

She carefully brought the edges together, pulling evenly to keep the paper taut and firm. The paper needed to be crisp, flush, without ripples or creases. Satisfied, she taped the edge down and rotated the package to start on the side.

She could hear the other elves congregating outside. The smell of acrid smoke from the explosion still hung in the air. She shook her head. Unionist. Loyalist. It's all nonsense. We're Santa's elves and that's enough. I just want to keep wrapping. It has nothing to do with me.

The side now, wrap folded. The corners were the most important part. They needed to be perfect. Sharp enough to cut with, her mother had told her. She had been a wrapper too, as had her grandmother. Amelia's corners were always sharp.

The voices grew louder, closer. She moved to the window, pulling back the curtain to observe the hullaboo. A crowd was gathering outside the ruined home of a nearby Union sympathesizer, the elves a kaleidoscope of colored hats against the packed white snow. Heated words were being exchanged. Her breath caught at the sight of a reindeer slowly being led into the crowd. There were to be executions then.

She snapped the curtain closed. Nothing to do with me..

She walked back to the table and inspected the package critically. The corners were immaculate, the seams perfectly sealed. Just needed ribbon. She picked up the scissors. They trembled in her hand as she cut two long red lengths and entwined them around the box. Using one edge, she began to curl it.

A sudden shout from without caused her to turn sharply. As she did so, the scissor in her hand scored deeply across her thumb. With a yelp, she dropped the tool, watched as blood began to pool from her thumb. Amelia let out a decidedly unladylike oath and pulled away from the box, lest the blood get on the package.

She looked out the window again as she bandaged her finger. There would be violence again today, there was no doubt. Nothing to do with me. Sighing, she returned to finish her work.

A few quick curls of the ribbon more and it was finished. It looked perfect. Her packages always did. Gingerly, she picked up the present and carried it to the back door, set it in a small pile with the others.

Amelia glanced once more back to the window and shook her head at the foolishness. Instead she moved to the study, where, laid neatly along the length of a long table, were dozens of identical contraptions. They looked like spiders, with wire legs, and bodies packed with fiery death. She picked one up, set it in a shoebox, and carried it back to her workstation. Maybe the red paper this time.

Current votals:

wam (1) - Sabrar
moody (1) - plytho
plytho (1) - Madge
jimbobmacdoodle (1) - somitomi

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline in 5 days, 9 hours

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:03 am UTC

Sabrar wrote: a) I missed playing
b) it's fun
c) meta-reasons
d) other meta-reasons
e) because of my role
a) Already noted.
b) Agreed. Two of my favorite games were favorites in part because of posting restrictions.
c) Yep, as I suspected, you’re really a fluffy puppy. :)
d) A puppy who is lonely because he is in the wrong time zone. :D
e) Also already noted. See also (b).

Madge wrote:I agree abilities would be modified slightly for balance and expect two mafia. I think there's a chance that they'll have something useless to them such as a cop power and it would be kept as is. A good fake claim for sure.
Well if someone could claim their real power than it wouldn’t be a fake claim. Why don’t you think a cop power would be useful to mafia? What's your setup spec, 8-2?

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: I know you have copious notes about other players saved down. Do you also keep notes on yourself?
Do you mean in general, or game specific?

moody7277 wrote: -Town-
bessie-no surprise here
And what did I do to deserve this? Oh, yeah, I signed up for the game. :roll:

Liri wrote:From reading two previous games, now, it looked like giving ranked town->scum lists was vaguely scummy. Easy for the baddies to put each other on the slightly town side of the median and skim by to an extent.
Not at all, I believe quite the opposite is true. I am a strong supporter of ordered town-scum lists, with no groupings, and no dead center neutrals. Neutral reads are a cop out. And too often D1 reads lists will have everyone rated as neutral, neutral leaning town, and neutral leaning scum, so effectively everyone is neutral (because hey it’s D1 and hard to pin down a read). But an ordered list forces you to take a definite stand on everyone, even if it is only in relation to everyone else.

And Liri, which two games did you follow? Was it Halloween and Crossover?

wam wrote: Was trying to see if any scum would get keen on a Bessie lynch.
So, um, you thought that scum would jump on a wagon hoping to quick hammer on page 1, day 1 with 7 days remaining? Ok, I can see how that could happen. Sorry I messed up your brilliant plan.

Sabrar wrote:Very secret meta-reason. :D
I’m sure I’ve said this before (like in every game for at least a year), but I’m wary of anyone that auto meta town reads me. Maybe Sabrar forgot that I’ve said this before. He always forgets what was posted in past games.

Madge wrote:It's also a good way for town!Madge to put "making her new meta seem townie" points in the bank, since if I was scum surely with new awareness of my propensity for unreasonably early claiming I'd, well, claim unreasonably early and laugh all the way to the bank? (That was my plan, for real, if I'd flipped scum).
This is so wine soaked I don’t even know where to start. IGMEOY Madge.
Madge wrote:This is why you're a good player and I'm less good. I would have claimed something about my role (maybe misrepresent it to sound townier than it is, depending on specifics), or more likely offered a snippet of information about the flavour of the night kills or something. I don't know.

I'd ask you why that would be a bad idea but I don't want anyone to feel like scum!Madge is asking Sabrar for advice how to play in an alternate universe so we'll end it there.
Congratulations, you’ve earned an upgrade! FoS Madge.

Apologies everyone, it seems my sarcasm dial is turned up to 11 tonight. Bad week at work, I spent the morning yelling at sharing with our inspection department how to read a fucking work instruction exploring opportunities for continual improvement with regards to procedures. :|

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:17 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@bessie: I know you have copious notes about other players saved down. Do you also keep notes on yourself?
In general.

bessie wrote:I’m sure I’ve said this before (like in every game for at least a year), but I’m wary of anyone that auto meta town reads me. Maybe Sabrar forgot that I’ve said this before. He always forgets what was posted in past games.
Yep, you caught me, And it's an actual read, not auto.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:53 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Amelia set the box in the middle of a spread of shimmering green wrapping paper. With expert precision, her scissors trimmed the wrap to the correct size, so that when she pulled it together the edges would only just meet. Never use a millimeter more than she needed, that was the way of it. Wrapping had to be done right if it was to be worth doing at all.
Does the flavor have any in-game effects?

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:34 am UTC

Right, no reason to keep the joke vote any longer...
Unvote Jimbob

Sabrar wrote:other than a blatant rolefishing by somitomi

Aww, I was going for blatant movie reference. I should work on my delivery...

Anyway, I tried to summarise some of my observations and hunches in an ordered list form. A lack of explanation stands for "vague hunch".
TOWN
jimbobmacdoodle: he has made a lot of observations based on relatively little content, but this seems to be his usual style
bessie: pretty much the same as above
Sabrar: I find his silliness weird too, but it reminds me of weeks in the FaiD game, who flipped town. Probably null tell or some arcane role I can't even fathom.
Liri: lists are generally seen as townie (see above for sources), but I think the point is valid
plytho
Maven89: <NEUTRAL LINE> (I know, bessie just said "no neutrals", but Maven seems to be unaware that the game is on)
moody7277
wam
Madge: I find her remarks about possible scum!Madge strategies odd to say the least.
MAFIA

Madge wrote: I think there's a chance that they'll have something useless to them such as a cop power and it would be kept as is.

It seems to me a cop would be useful to find indies (who might be useful to mafia) unless it is somehow limited (e.g. role cop or vanilla cop).
—◯‐◯ FG Discord

wam

Postby wam » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:09 am UTC

The flavour could be implying an indie, got some heavy survivor hints in it.

Here you go Bessie

Town (No particular order)
Jimbob -good content
Liri -newbie town which is very hard to take
Bessie - usual content and play
Somi - liking the content less argumentative than werewolf
Sabrar- think scum would have kept their heads down more.

Ambivalent (See not using neutral)
Maven- no content
Moody - always seems to fly below the radar
Pluto - when writing this I couldn't remeber any content went back pretty much all role spec (I know that can be said of me)

Scum
Madge - there is a lot of wine here

can we get a prod on maven?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:29 am UTC

EBWOP:
somitomi wrote:Liri: lists are generally seen as townie (see above for sources), but I think the point is valid

I forgot to add, that I like the analytical thinking this point indicates.
—◯‐◯ FG Discord

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:35 am UTC

wam wrote:The flavour could be implying an indie, got some heavy survivor hints in it.
I was thinking SK, more than survivor, given Amelia appears to be packing bombs.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:32 pm UTC

My initial thoughts on the recent flavour, matched what others have said: it implies a Serial Killer (note the bomb packing, and not being aligned to either Loyalists/scum or Unionists/town). It matches up with the apparent surprise by all involved with regards to the exploding presents. My thinking was beginning to come round to "what about a scum team with no access to kills, and a Serial Killer?" However, the scum sample role PM explicitly rules this out, since a) it explicitly describes Night Kills, and b) also talks about exploding presents. I therefore don't think we can read too much into the flavour at this point, as I can't see there being two factional night kills in this small a game, unless there are a LOT of protective abilities.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:56 pm UTC

bessie wrote:And what did I do to deserve this? Oh, yeah, I signed up for the game. :roll:

If an actual cop finds you actual scum, I will lynch you with a smile on my lips and a song in my heart.

Madge looks like she wants to be a wine-making elf starting now. That does tend to sink one's impressions.

On the Amelia front, being the mad bomber what bombs at midnight does have an unsavory sound to it. I would have guessed that might be how the scum kill would be indicated, except for that "not my problem" thing which puts her squarely in indep territory. So, 7/2/1 confirmed with maybe a 20% chance or less of 6/2/1/1?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:as I can't see there being two factional night kills in this small a game, unless there are a LOT of protective abilities.

Last year's Christmas special had roleblockers galore, so this is not out of the question.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Liri

Postby Liri » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:07 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
Liri wrote:From reading two previous games, now, it looked like giving ranked town->scum lists was vaguely scummy. Easy for the baddies to put each other on the slightly town side of the median and skim by to an extent.
Not at all, I believe quite the opposite is true. I am a strong supporter of ordered town-scum lists, with no groupings, and no dead center neutrals. Neutral reads are a cop out. And too often D1 reads lists will have everyone rated as neutral, neutral leaning town, and neutral leaning scum, so effectively everyone is neutral (because hey it’s D1 and hard to pin down a read). But an ordered list forces you to take a definite stand on everyone, even if it is only in relation to everyone else.

And Liri, which two games did you follow? Was it Halloween and Crossover?

Ooh, three, actually, counting the FaiD game (and yeah, those two). I was pretty baffled for the FaiD one.

I'll take your (and the other folks') word on the lists.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

wam

Postby wam » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:24 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Very secret meta-reason. :D
I’m sure I’ve said this before (like in every game for at least a year), but I’m wary of anyone that auto meta town reads me. Maybe Sabrar forgot that I’ve said this before. He always forgets what was posted in past games.
:|

Sabrar you have said multiple times that you have an actual town read on bessie but have never gone into details. Care to share the details?

Yeah so I somehow overlooked the bottom paragraph of the flavour (I had only been awake 30 min). So having re-read others are definitely right that it is a SK vibe. I have seen games this size with two kills that alternate, i.e one gets to kill odd nights and the other even.

wam

Postby wam » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:25 pm UTC

@Liri

Don;t worry the FAID game confused me and I was playing it!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:34 pm UTC

wam wrote:Sabrar you have said multiple times that you have an actual town read on bessie but have never gone into details. Care to share the details?
She didn't post in Gojoe.

wam

Postby wam » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:48 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
wam wrote:Sabrar you have said multiple times that you have an actual town read on bessie but have never gone into details. Care to share the details?

Ok I can see the logic but I really dislike pulling Gojoe posts into a game. Think it sets a bad precedent.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:12 pm UTC

Well, you asked for it. Also I disagree, such info had been used in the past with mod's approval.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:37 pm UTC

I can recall one game where I was FoSed over putting a post in GoJoe without posting in the game thread, so it has been done. I'm with wam that it seems a little hinky. OTOH, I don't think I agree with Sabrar that the lack of a post means anything about her, it could just as easily have been "crap, I'm town again" as "hooray, I'm finally scum".

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:46 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote: OTOH, I don't think I agree with Sabrar that the lack of a post means anything about her, it could just as easily have been "crap, I'm town again" as "hooray, I'm finally scum".
You're saying the presence of a Gojoe post wouldn't have meant anything. The lack of a post is different and can point to bessie being town. The tell is not that a gojoe post is scummy and no gojoe post is townie. The tell is that scum bessie would very likely share her excitement in Gojoe while town bessie may or may not post something.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:54 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Amelia set the box in the middle of a spread of shimmering green wrapping paper. With expert precision, her scissors trimmed the wrap to the correct size, so that when she pulled it together the edges would only just meet. Never use a millimeter more than she needed, that was the way of it. Wrapping had to be done right if it was to be worth doing at all.
Does the flavor have any in-game effects?

No, it's just flavor.

edit:
Also, Maven has been prodded
Last edited by LaserGuy on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:57 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:No, it's just flavor.
Aww, man.. I was just developing a nice theory around the flavour :(

I really liked it btw, it really brings the town to life.

wam

Postby wam » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:29 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Well, you asked for it. Also I disagree, such info had been used in the past with mod's approval.

I known it's been done before but I don't have to like it. Anyway we will get off topic so Can have this debate after the game.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:35 pm UTC

wam wrote:@Bessie

Was trying to see if any scum would get keen on a Bessie lynch.

Wam, were you being serious here?

ps: the link in your sig is not pointing to the last page of the signup thread

wam

Postby wam » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:58 pm UTC

semi serious. If anyone tried to joke pile on it would have been suspicious but I didn't really expect anyone too.

Also how do I make it auto go to the last page?

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:19 pm UTC

Make the starting post very high:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=37971&start=99999 should work for a while

wam

Postby wam » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:21 pm UTC

Done thanks for the tip.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:35 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:
In general.
My notes on other players are mostly spread out through game specific documents. I’ve been trying to better organize my notes into spreadsheets so that I can more easily locate objective evidence to support my reads. I do have notes on myself, but not self evaluations. I have recently started maintaining lists of posts that I reference often or can foresee wanting to reference in the future, so that I don’t need to look them up every time, like a list of posts where I tried to help out a newbie (after being accused of being scum for doing this), or I list of where I presented my initial setup spec (as this came up in the previous game).

somitomi wrote:Aww, I was going for blatant movie reference. I should work on my delivery...
Yeah, and this only works if everyone gets the movie reference, which I don’t.

somitomi wrote:Maven89: <NEUTRAL LINE> (I know, bessie just said "no neutrals", but Maven seems to be unaware that the game is on)
This would be one of those rare times where neutral or no comment is acceptable. Note that lurking was viewed differently in the Crossover game. On Smashboards (Maven’s home site), lurking is generally accepted as a scum tell because they don’t usually have replacements available, and players can lurk their way to a win. On this site it’s most often due to real life issues.

wam wrote:Here you go Bessie

Town (No particular order)

Ambivalent (See not using neutral)
Am I being trolled? :P
bessie wrote:I am a strong supporter of ordered town-scum lists, with no groupings, and no dead center neutrals.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I therefore don't think we can read too much into the flavour at this point, as I can't see there being two factional night kills in this small a game, unless there are a LOT of protective abilities.
I agree with what others have said about two killing factions so I don’t want to rule it out yet, there could be alternating kills. And a lot of protection. Secret Santa 2016 I was an every night commuter or PGO.

Sabrar wrote:
I…really? :shock: I already said in this thread I was busy this week. I feel like I want to argue this but what would I argue? And I know from past experience it is worthless arguing with you when you make this type of meta read anyway, and it is a meta read. But I’m going to add this to my bessie notes for the future.
Sabrar wrote:Any tell becomes void once public exactly because it can be faked. So you wouldn't have earned any townie-points.

plytho wrote:Aww, man.. I was just developing a nice theory around the flavour :(
May we hear your flavor theory anyway? Or your current setup spec? Or your opinions on other players? You’re being uncharacteristically succinct in your post content.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:26 pm UTC

I'll post it when I get home tonight, along with thoughts on everyone.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:06 pm UTC

My flavor theory was:

Maybe Amelia isn't SK. She seems too focused on wanting to wrap packages and doesn't seem to care about killing anyone. She doesn't care about anyone enough to kill them, she just wants to keep on wrapping packages but is an unwilling accomplice to the loyalist killings. So her being a survivor does make more sense than SK and perhaps killing the survivor would affect the supply of exploding packages to scum.(Or she might be an NPC, only here to provide us with some cool flavor.) [This is a rephrasing of my theory, the original was deleted.]

Thoughts in the next post.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:15 am UTC

I don’t have anything close to reads at this point but I can share some thoughts:

I’ve played with bessie, jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, moody and Sabrar multiple times so my thoughts on them are based on more context than this game. I played one game with maven and he was killed N1 so I have little meta on him. Liri, Somitomi and Wam are all new for me.

People I’m familiar with:

Bessie: this seems like a standard bessie game start, pushing people right out of the gate.
Bessie, I get that it annoys you when people meta read you as town but the fact is that your play is generally very pro-town, pushing for and generating content. You’re not the kind of player to keep your cards close to your chest and keep people guessing. Because of this I’ll likely read you as town until I pick up on something suspicious (which hasn’t been successful in previous games :s).

Jimbobmacdoodle: Lied in his reads post:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Current loose thoughts on everyone based on early content, in no particular order:
Clearly his reads were in alphabetical order.

His content is sensible so far I’m not detecting anything suspicious. Jimbob pointed out in out last game together that we have a similar view on what is scummy. I’ll keep this in mind if he starts saying things that don’t resonate with me.

Madge: trying to reboot her meta would look scummy if she hadn’t been saying she’d do exactly that in the last game. Her defense does look pretty winey but I’m kind of sympathetic to it because “well, I’ll make this my town meta” is what I said in the crossover game.

Moody: moody is pretty hard to read. Unlike bessie he does keep his cards close to his chest. He’s more an observer and commenter than an actor in the game, making him hard to evaluate. His posts so far haven’t pinged me, except maybe this bit:
moody7277 wrote:I will definitely put up a more detailed reads list for voting and power usage if warranted.
I don’t recall anyone talking about a reads list ‘for power usage’ before.

Sabrar: I don’t trust myself to read Sabrar this early after his performance in crossover. He’s been acting funny and I don’t know why yet, maybe an experiment in meta switching?

People I don’t know yet:

Liri: low on content (due to RL) but has that newbie townie tell.

Somitomi: Low on content.
somitomi wrote:Liri: lists are generally seen as townie (see above for sources), but I think the point is valid
I wouldn’t say lists are seen as townie. They are beneficial to town though.

Wam: I don’t like these explanations from wam:
bessie wrote:
wam wrote:vote Bessie for taking even longer than me to confirm
wam wrote: And I realised that Bessie had confirmed but I missed it due to an avatar change. So let's leave my vote on Bessie, new avatars new alignment.
wam wrote:Everyone has a meta read on Bessie being town.
And do you have a town read on me too wam? Because it seems like you’re already digging for reasons to keep your vote on me.
wam wrote:Was trying to see if any scum would get keen on a Bessie lynch.
plytho wrote:Wam, were you being serious here?
wam wrote:semi serious. If anyone tried to joke pile on it would have been suspicious but I didn't really expect anyone too.
Semi serious still seems to serious. Keeping his vote on bessie is fine by me (I’m only going to remove my vote at the end of this post), but wam seems to be overexplaining himself here and being needlessly defensive. It wouldn’t even be all that suspicious if more people joke voted bessie.

People I forgot were in the game:
Maven: I was going through the list alphabetically and almost forgot about maven. As bessie(?) pointed out: maven is from a place where lurking is a reasonable scum tactic, which makes his absence suspicious.

unvote

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:47 am UTC

Actually, my power is better for town if it doesn't come as a surprise that I use it. It's a bit of mass redirecting in a predictable manner, more than that deponent sayeth not unless and until people want me to set it up.

Liri

Postby Liri » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:58 am UTC

Two out of eight Nutcracker performances done! (I have more next weekend)

I'm glad I'm getting my newbie town tells in while the getting's good.

The Day ends in 4-5 days, right? Is it uncommon to not behead someone on first days?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:24 am UTC

Liri wrote:Is it uncommon to not behead someone on first days?
Extremely uncommon. Lynching people is good.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:49 am UTC

plytho is probably Town but not locked yet.

Return to “Mafia”