Secret Santa 2017 Endgame - Merry Christmas

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Peaceful Whale

Re: Secret Santa Day 1 - Carol of the Elves

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:03 pm UTC

Eyes shifted left to to right nervously. Fingers and paws had been pointed at individuals. At first it was jokingly, hiding their fear under a facade of elf jolliness. They all knew though that among them there were people who were willing to kill to get what they wanted, and they would move at night. Everyone knew that it was a mad attempt to stop them, killing their own. However it was the best plan they could come up with on such short notice. Maybe if they weren’t so sure who the murders were. Two groups rose up, each side that they knew who was the murders among them. Voices yelled back and forth, trying to convince the other party to their side. The poor two elves shook from fear. What was happening?! This wasn’t supposed to happen! They both loudly proclaimed that they were innocent, but it fell upon deaf ears. They were jostled, chained, and questioned. Though neither would admit to anything. It was a real shame that they couldn’t kill both of them, but one would have to do. People started to shift sides, and those who had yet to voice their opinion broke the tie. Wam didn’t even protest as they were dragged towards the center of the office, but when they arrived they looked around questionably. No one had much experience in the regards of killing, at least not that they would admit. After the had stood in awkward silence, shuffling their feet around the sobbing elf. Finally someone walked over to them and lifted him off the floor. They sobbed against their shoulder as the strange elf patted them on the back. They then whispered something into their ear. Wam gasped as a tip of a sharpened candy cane poked through their back, straight through their heart. The elves watched silently as the body slid to the floor. The strange elf lifted something from the pockets of the corpse, a small silver keychain dangled from a woven chain. Elves muttered among themselves, and hesitantly followed the elf as he walked into Madge/Wam’s office. The dragged a trunk out from under the desk, slid the key in, and turned it silently. Inside were the very few personal possessions elves were allowed to own. A dairy, a photo of their family, and whatever keepsake they wanted. Wam had chosen something rather peculiar, a photo of the old mad himself. A few of the elves who could not see the photo, but could only here the description of each item felt a tiny bit relieved. They had chosen right after all, they had gotten a loyalist. The quite sighs of relief hadn’t spread to the front yet though, because they could see something that the rest couldn’t. The face of the picture was torn at, hundred of darts had evidently been stabbed through it. Again and again in fits of rage, harming the only likely ness of him that they could. They had chosen wrong. Wam was a union member through and through.

Wam’s Role PM

Spoiler:
Keebler Elf (Town)

You make cookies as a side job, something these loyalists are trying to stop, it’s almost like personal freedom was executed from their agenda...Soviet Russia style. You’ve been baking ever sense 1 A.C, in fact, your cooking is what brought Jesus back. (Or so claims your advertising) After a few thousand years, you’ve learned how to cook certain treats that may not follow health rules. But no one will notice, not if you use them wisely.

Abilities:
Each night, you may send a cookie to one other player, which they may eat at any point during any subsequent day phase. The player will only receive a message indicating the type of cookie received. Upon eating the cookie, that player will experience one of the following effects:

Espresso cookie: Target will watch anyone who targets them
Sleepytime cookie: Target will be roleblocked for the night.
Peanut butter cookie: Target will prevented from voting next Day. They will receive a PM indicating that they were voteblocked.
Blueberry cookie: Target will be immune from killing actions until the following night.

You only have one cookie of each type.

You are a member of the unionists (Town) and win the game when all threats to the union have been eliminated.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

wam

Postby wam » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:41 pm UTC

I told you I was town
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:42 pm UTC

FYI
It is night, no posting. But I’ll let that slide Wam.
I can’t really modvote him...
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:29 pm UTC

Sending out N1 results. D2 will commence shortly. Please do not post until the official day start.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:52 pm UTC

The elves all stand silently, contemplating the horror that they have inflicted on one of their own. They had been so certain, and yet here lay one of the Union brethren, afflicted and lost to them. They shuffle back into square, worried, uncertain of what to do next. Some argue for peace between Union and Loyalist, others insist that such appeasement is impossible with the tyrant still on his throne.

Suddenly, an explosion rocks the square, blasting up a cloud of snow and debris. Wrapping paper is strewn everywhere.

Cautiously, the elves investigate the blast site.

"Well I'll be damned, that isn't an elf at all," mutters one. "What is this bunny doing here?"

"I saw him around complaining about Easter treats being sold at Christmas time," said another.

They look at the remains of the bunny, until someone notices a small mark tattooed on the rabbit's hind leg. It is a Union Flag.

plytho has been killed in the night by an exploding present. He was the Hot Cross Bunny, aligned with the Union (Town).

Full role PM:
Spoiler:
Hot Cross Bunny (Town)

No, you’re not an elf, but you do a pretty good job of pretending, and with all this chaos no one can really tell. Only problem is, these elves are INSANE, it’s not you, it’s them. WHAT DO THEY THINK THEY’RE DOING SELLING CHRISTMAS PASTRIES A WHOLE MONTH BEFORE CHRISTMAS?!?! I DON’T CARE IF THEY’RE ELVES, THEY’LL BURN, THEY’LL ALL BURN.

Abilities:
Hot: Torture may be prohibited under the Geneva convention, but people are selling baked goods months earlier than you think they should be, so we're basically in a post-apocalyptic wasteland already. You can hold someone's hands and heat them to an uncomfortable temperature, forcing them to reveal something about themselves in order to make it stop. This gives you one element of their role PM (it may be one of their powers, it may be their rolename, it may be their alignment: who can say?). Sadly the heat damages their delicate nerves, and they remember none of it the following day.

Cross: I don't know if you got the picture yet, but you are one angry little lagomorph! Nobody wants to mess with you if they're on the wrong side of you. You can target one person. For the rest of the game, any non-killing actions they use that target you will automatically fail. (This ability can only be used once)

Bunny: As a rabbit, you have access to an extensive underground rabbit warren, allowing you to hide from danger. You may commute to your warren, causing all abilities targeting you to fail. (This ability can only be used once)

You are a member of the unionists (Town) and win the game when all threats to the union have been eliminated.

HIDDEN ASPECTS: The hot ability gives Rolename N1, Rolecop N2, Cop N3, Rolename N4, etc.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:52 pm UTC

Day 2 Begins now.

With 8 left, it takes 5 to hammer.

Deadline in 7 days

[edit]Oh, and if you sent in a night action last night and believe for whatever reason that you should have received a result, but didn't, please let me know.[/edit]
Last edited by LaserGuy on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm UTC

AARGH WAY TOO SOON!
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm UTC

I know NOTHING

Except that somitomi is scum.

Vote: somitomi

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:58 pm UTC

@moody: why the hell did you reveal your ability?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:06 pm UTC

Is somitomi as scum as wam was? Or more so?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:13 pm UTC

Obviously more so.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:22 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@moody: why the hell did you reveal your ability?

a. I thought there was better than average chance scum would aim plytho since he was rather townie looking and so town should have the algorithm in hand so as to correct their results.

b. I haven't done the whole "in the event of my death" thing, not sure if I've ever seen it done. Maybe it's because that tactic is full of crap, I don't know. If you can't be an example, be a warning.

For those of you who didn't cheat, the algorithm is one player down on the list.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:27 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Except that somitomi is scum.

So today I'm in the crosshairs of your tunnel vision?
hey, I'm seeing a pattern here: I'm town too.

Vote: Sabrar

It is a fine day for an OMGUS
—◯-◯ FG Discord

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:30 pm UTC

The restraint I'm showing is enormous.

somitomi

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby somitomi » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:57 pm UTC

:roll:

moody7277 wrote:a. I thought there was better than average chance scum would aim plytho since he was rather townie looking and so town should have the algorithm in hand so as to correct their results.

But doesn't revealing your ability negate its effects completely?
—◯-◯ FG Discord

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:12 pm UTC

somitomi wrote::roll:

moody7277 wrote:a. I thought there was better than average chance scum would aim plytho since he was rather townie looking and so town should have the algorithm in hand so as to correct their results.

But doesn't revealing your ability negate its effects completely?

Well, there's ambiguity from here on out whether it's used or not.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:27 pm UTC

Sabrar, are you claiming a cop result (or similar) on somitomi? I don't see anything particularly objectionable in my quick re-read of his posts. If not, what is your reason for that vote?

Do you still stand by your town read of Madge?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:32 pm UTC

I claim nothing. I think Madge is town, would be better if I was wrong.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:43 am UTC

I don’t have anything to claim at this time.

moody7277 wrote: a. I thought there was better than average chance scum would aim plytho since he was rather townie looking and so town should have the algorithm in hand so as to correct their results.
Your explanation sounds reasonable in that if you thought that plytho was going to be the target, then you would be setting yourself up to take the kill, which would be a townie thing to do. Note that if moody is telling the truth then the night kill target was jimbobmacdoodle (barring other powers at play).

However, I think that if you are telling the truth about your reason for revealing your how your power works, then your timing was perhaps little too early. Ten minutes would have been enough time for scum to change their targets if they were on line (which was potentially most of us, it was daytime in the US, evening in Europe, but very late for Madge and Suzaku if I worked it out in my head correctly).

More later I need to go out for a few hours.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:06 am UTC

@bessie: what's your opinion on somitomi?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:16 am UTC

@Madge, moody, Suzaku: same question to you as well.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:26 am UTC

@Liri: just so you don't feel left out, same question.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:32 am UTC

Nothing to claim at this time? Later, perhaps...

No thoughts on somitomi beyond he seems to be acting consistently with previous games and with yesterday so far.

*cracks knuckles* is anything interesting going to come out the woodwork?

very disappointed moody revealed his targets. It means scum can claim today with that in mind.

This is where I'd fos plytho for assuming scum could discuss submitted powers except plytho is dead so.....
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:46 am UTC

Unvote
Vote: Madge

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:47 am UTC

Time to be the hero this town needs, not the one it deserves.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:50 am UTC

i'm excited to see what you have planned with this voting for the person you were defending yesterday thing, and also, what i did to forsake your approval ???
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:05 am UTC

Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! I just... do things.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:58 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:I claim nothing. I think Madge is town, would be better if I was wrong.
Sabrar wrote:Unvote
Vote: Madge
Um... What?

I have literally no idea what to make of Sabrar's play. Whilst I personally still have my doubts about Madge after yesterday, I've certainly not seen anything so far that reinforces those doubts in Madge's one post so far. I'd label Sabrar as jester, but it's almost too obvious. An alternative of scum/indie setting themselves up as such also comes up and immediately lands in wine territory.

The way I see it, if Madge is scum, that clears everyone on Madge's wagon D1 from being her scum buddies since they could easily have pushed wam instead to be certain of his lynch. Having all 10 votes down on them at one point, with the last vote going on wam means scum couldn't have known which way the wagon would go, so it would have taken some pretty unnecessary bussing for anything else. Sabrar, is this where you are going with your vote?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:06 am UTC

Might be.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:15 pm UTC

Suzaku, Sabrar, and somitomi (all S-names, it's a sign) are looking the most fishy atm.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:17 pm UTC

Why? Elaborate please.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:22 pm UTC

I have nothing to claim either.

Sabrar wrote:Time to be the hero this town needs, not the one it deserves.

So, does this mean you're going to start making sense?

Liri wrote:Suzaku, Sabrar, and somitomi (all S-names, it's a sign) are looking the most fishy atm.

I can understand Sabrar, but what's fishy about Suzaku or me?
—◯-◯ FG Discord

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:27 pm UTC

There is always sense behind the madness.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:36 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:I have nothing to claim either.

Sabrar wrote:Time to be the hero this town needs, not the one it deserves.

So, does this mean you're going to start making sense?

Liri wrote:Suzaku, Sabrar, and somitomi (all S-names, it's a sign) are looking the most fishy atm.

I can understand Sabrar, but what's fishy about Suzaku or me?

Hmm. I think I'd been misremembering Suzaku's content since it'd been so light. It doesn't actually seem too bad.

You and Sabrar look like you might be putting on an inter-scum battle first thing D2 to throw suspicions off at least one of you.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:44 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:could even be a Sabrar/wam scum team and a pretty epic bus. Note that this is something I'd totally believe Sabrar to be capable of.

Liri wrote:You and Sabrar look like you might be putting on an inter-scum battle first thing D2 to throw suspicions off at least one of you.

I wonder who else will be considered my scum-buddy. Madge perhaps? :lol:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:51 pm UTC

But honestly. I don't bus. My teammate is clearly bessie. We even left clues.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:28 pm UTC

I have solved the riddle of Sabrar. Pay attention to NotaRaptor, starting day 2, but getting much worse D4 (I mean in your copious free time of course :lol: ) tl:dr, he was a jester.

My current state of play is:

Non-votables:
bessie
jimbob
Sabrar- not going to give insanity wolf the glory of a win. may revisit at 3-person LYLO if it comes to that, but 2.5 internets say I am not a participant at that point

Votable:
Madge- based on what I determined end of D1

To be determined:
somi
Liri
Suzaku

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:39 pm UTC

Come on... Would I be so obvious as a Jester? Being uncooperative/lurky is the easiest way to go, especially with my meta.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:54 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Come on... Would I be so obvious as a Jester? Being uncooperative/lurky is the easiest way to go, especially with my meta.

Fine, you're scum trying to act like a jester in order to get us not to lynch you.

[/wine]

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:58 pm UTC

It's working, right?

Return to “Mafia”