Secret Santa 2017 Endgame - Merry Christmas

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sabrar

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:34 pm UTC

I'm bored. Shouldn't have lynched wam.

Unvote
Vote: somitomi

I will prove this tomorrow.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:41 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I'm bored. Shouldn't have lynched wam.

Unvote
Vote: somitomi

I will prove this tomorrow.
Tomorrow being Saturday or being D3?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:47 pm UTC

Good question.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:48 pm UTC

I'm just kidding. Saturday.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:49 pm UTC

But I need everyone to answer my question from before.

somitomi

Re: Secret Santa Day 1 - Carol of the Elves

Postby somitomi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:30 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I wonder who else will be considered my scum-buddy. Madge perhaps? :lol:

No, that would be too obvious. It's gonna be whichever player you'll vote immediately after I flip town...
bessie wrote:Your explanation sounds reasonable in that if you thought that plytho was going to be the target, then you would be setting yourself up to take the kill, which would be a townie thing to do.

That too applies only if moody used their power, which isn't clear to me at this point. Probably better to keep it that way until all potential claims are out.
—◯-◯

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:01 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:
Sabrar wrote:I wonder who else will be considered my scum-buddy. Madge perhaps? :lol:

No, that would be too obvious. It's gonna be whichever player you'll vote immediately after I flip town...
I'll help you. It's 50-50 moody or Suzaku.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:50 pm UTC

somi

post 1: confirm and RL
post 2: RV jimbob and confused about Sabrar
post 3: unvotes jimbob. town to scum list with wam and Madge at bottom, jimbob at top.
post 4: likes Liri's point about lists
post 5: still confused by Sabrar, with a pretty good idea of his usual style
post 6: notes his suspicion for me and Madge. second list largely unchanged from his first
post 7: slight ping on wam, reiterates suspicion about my power with an idk on use
post 8: reaction about my comment on his idea for my claiming D2 being similar to wam's
post 9: further discussion with wam about point from post 7
post 10: various responses, most interesting addressing his reluctance to vote (would vote Madge except for shenanigans
post 11: votes Madge on assurance from jimbob about not letting a no lynch happen
post 12: unvotes with jimbob to let wam lynch happen

posts 1-7 look pretty clean. sharing some reasoning with town!wam on my power use seems townie. the reluctance to vote is on the scummier side of my paradigm, but trying to avoid vote shenanigans is a point in his favor. D1 activity is mostly townie

D2
post 13: position on Sabrar switching to annoyed based on Sabrar's vote for him. counter votes
post 14: slop over from post 13. concern that my tactics might backfire
post 15: no claims. questions Liri's S-theory
post 16: comment on Sabrar, discussion with bessie over the ambiguity of my power use.

based on that I think I put somitomi in the non-votables for D2.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:08 pm UTC

@moody: where do you see any actual scum-hunting in there?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@moody: where do you see any actual scum-hunting in there?

a. on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being confirmed town by a trusted cop (bessie is 8.5 right now), I'd put somi at maybe 4. active hunting would make that closer to 6-6.5 of course.

b. pot much? right now you're riding somewhere between 1.5 and -2.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:21 pm UTC

And 4 is enough to be non-votable? Good to know.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:21 pm UTC

I don't care about appearances. Not when I'm IC.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:05 pm UTC

IC? In-control?

Another clarification - outstanding votes for the unlynched reset every Day, right?

~~~

Alright, some reads time. Are Sabrar and Bessie scum puppy buddies????
Bessie - I find her difficult to read past the aggression (sorry about that bite, by the way, I hope it's feeling alright)

Jimbob - calm and collected

somitomi - pretty lighthearted

moody - moody; I kinda get revealing the ability. Scum'll almost certainly target players that are at least one position away from themselves on the player list, so the NK could reveal who scum isn't (beyond just the victim)

Sabrar - talkative puppy scum

Suzaku - untalkative non-puppy ...something

Madge - uncertain. Obviously I'm glad I chose to vote for her over Wam Yesterday, but I wasn't eager to choose her, either.

~~~

It snowed today!
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:11 pm UTC

IC

Good night to all.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:a. I thought there was better than average chance scum would aim plytho since he was rather townie looking and so town should have the algorithm in hand so as to correct their results.
Wait, this makes no sense. How does having the algorithm in hand make it any easier for town to target plytho than for scum? As it turns out, scum didn't even target plytho, since presumably they were redirected as well. In fact, what does the aiming at plytho have to do with any of this? Having the algorithm might help town decide who to target, but at the same time, it could just as easily be an attempt by scum!moody to muddy the waters and confuse town even further - should town trust moody's claim, and adjust their action accordingly?
bessie wrote:More later I need to go out for a few hours.
What happened to this, bessie?

Being in character is fine, as long as you don't end up hiding behind it, or obfuscating your opinions. That's what Sabrar is doing at the moment. However, he is showing flashes of normal Sabrar mode (e.g. prodding Liri after his Suzaku/somitomi/Sabrar are scum comment and his most recent question directed at moody). The switching back and forth between Madge and somitomi is weird. It seems like he has an internal plan which he's refusing to share (maybe because he's not town) that he can't make up his mind about.
moody7277 wrote:I have solved the riddle of Sabrar. Pay attention to NotaRaptor, starting day 2, but getting much worse D4 (I mean in your copious free time of course :lol: ) tl:dr, he was a jester.
I skimmed through, and Sabrar is not THAT bad.

Sabrar wrote:But honestly. I don't bus. My teammate is clearly bessie. We even left clues.
If this is the case, we might as well give up now :lol: . Bessie is as townie as she always is (apart from the above highlighted post D2 being her only D2 content so far), and I don't see myself voting her any time soon.

Liri wrote:IC? In-control?

Another clarification - outstanding votes for the unlynched reset every Day, right?
IC == In Character, I believe (i.e. Sabrar is claiming to be role-playing his role) [ninja'ed - never mind, I was wrong - ignore this claim until it actually proves true. Sabrar is pretty obsessed with innocent child as a role]. Votes reset at the start of each day, yes. As for your reads list, it's always helpful for you to put down what a player's posting style implies about their alignment to you e.g. does bessie's aggression make you think she is town or scum? What about somitomi's lightheartedness, or my calmness? Statements like calling someone scum without saying why are generally viewed as scum-indicative (e.g. your "talkative puppy scum" label on Sabrar doesn't look good to me, because it doesn't actually say why you think he is scum).
Liri wrote:moody - moody; I kinda get revealing the ability. Scum'll almost certainly target players that are at least one position away from themselves on the player list, so the NK could reveal who scum isn't (beyond just the victim)
So, what does that imply to you, regarding who is likely town?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 pm UTC

Liri

Spoiler:
post 1: confirm and RL stuff
post 2: response to me RV
post 3: speculation on town->scum lists being scummy.
post 4: "lots of wacky roles"
post 5: resume. response to bessie's contrary opinion on lists.
post 6: more RL stuff
post 7: some reads, mostly positive on plytho, jimbob, somi.
post 8: response to my calling Liri "votable" with reference to RL stuff

RL issues have no place in reading someone. That being taken out, his posting still looks tangential except for post 7.

post 9: no strong basis for voting. lost in the meta
post 10: discussion on reads with jimbob, similar townies as before, Sabrar, wam, Madge scummy
post 11: reaction to jimbob about digging deeper on reads, voting
post 12: newbie reaction to wam's concern over his "tie-breaker if available"
post 13: yes on me using redirection
post 14: reread promise
post 15: reread of wam yields town. suspicious of being coached by more experienced players
post 16: town->scum list with same bunch at top, me and Suzaku at bottom.
post 17: response to me on reasoning on reads.

The way I read this post, Liri is putting less reliable reads as being scummier than firmer reads

post 18: prefers neither wagon, would vote Madge of the two existing wagons. prefers bottom of list from post 16
post 19: votes Madge.

D2
post 20: puts forward his S-theory.

big switch on somi, not sure where this came from. If following Sabrar, not really great

post 21: posits somi-Sabrar scum team.

Conclusion: if Liri were a more experienced player, I'd say rather scummy. The whole newbie factor is something I want to watch out for as I got burned by it in Fridge mafia.

I'll get to Suzaku on Saturday. Not as much to look at with him.

jimbob 10
bessie 8.5

somi 4
Liri 2.5
Sabrar -0.5
Madge -3

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:45 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Wait, this makes no sense. How does having the algorithm in hand make it any easier for town to target plytho than for scum? As it turns out, scum didn't even target plytho, since presumably they were redirected as well. In fact, what does the aiming at plytho have to do with any of this? Having the algorithm might help town decide who to target, but at the same time, it could just as easily be an attempt by scum!moody to muddy the waters and confuse town even further - should town trust moody's claim, and adjust their action accordingly?

As far as I recall, plytho was looking very townie and doing good scum-hunting. He would therefore be an excellent night kill target which, by the algorithm, would mean the kill would devolve to me. That's what the whole panicky "in case I die" post was about; I wanted town to be able to disentangle results should worst come to worst. Who scum actually targetted I think you can deduce. Any futher uses will be determined at random with me saying whether or not upon the announcement of all other claims starting D3.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:41 am UTC

Why is jimbob at a 10? Isn't that confirmed town by trusted cop? Did I miss a cop claim somewhere?

Also I've got a job interview (for my second choice job, aka the job i'm already doing - no callback for first choice job) at about midnight UTC between Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'm going to be devoting a lot of energy to prepare for that, especially in the day before that. Just advance warning for my likely lurking at that time which will of course be considered positive proof of my scumminess :roll: .

Anyway, I'm pissed there's nothing to report from the night. I was hoping we'd get a result of some sort. If only plytho hadn't died he could have maybe given us something to work with - but I guess another investigative role could be trying to keep quiet. I don't know.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:07 am UTC

Votals

somitomi (1) - Sabrar
Sabrar (1) - somitomi

With 8 left, it takes 5 to hammer.

Deadline in 5 days 15 hours

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:02 am UTC

somitomi wrote:@bessie: what's your opinion on somitomi?
At the end of D1 it was slight town but possible indie because of his reply to me in this post. I’ll do a complete reread tonight.

Sabrar wrote:Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! I just... do things.
Hmm, fluffy puppy slip? I’m just saying.

Sabrar wrote:But honestly. I don't bus. My teammate is clearly bessie. We even left clues.
Yep, we set it up from the beginning. If you read through this early post carefully, you can find all the letters needed to spell out “I AM SCUM WITH SABRAR. WORD.” But the real give away was in this post:
Sabrar wrote:I know NOTHING
Because clicking the link and going through the suggested videos would eventually lead to this clear admission of guilt.

Sabrar wrote:Not when I'm IC.
Yes I know. But what is your role in this game?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
bessie wrote:More later I need to go out for a few hours.
What happened to this, bessie?
A casual dinner at the Disneyland Resort turned in to a four hour event when I saw all the Star Wars merchandise they had for sale. I had to be dragged out of the Lego store kicking and screaming after my husband pried me off of this.

Madge wrote:Did I miss a cop claim somewhere?
There have only been two pages of content so far on D2. Why don’t you try reading them?

Madge wrote:Anyway, I'm pissed there's nothing to report from the night. I was hoping we'd get a result of some sort. If only plytho hadn't died he could have maybe given us something to work with - but I guess another investigative role could be trying to keep quiet. I don't know.

plytho’s N1 power would have given his target’s role name. He didn’t get the cop until N3. So Madge, since we don’t have any night result claims you could try doing some scumhunting or something.

[And Madge, I'm really sorry the first choice job didn’t happen (yet? Is there still hope?). Good luck at the interview.]

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:38 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:That's what the whole panicky "in case I die" post was about; I wanted town to be able to disentangle results should worst come to worst.
Did you forget about full role-pm being made public upon death?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:21 am UTC

I'm sure many will disagree but I think Madge not understanding why jimbob is Town is a town-slip.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:58 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:I'll help you. It's 50-50 moody or Suzaku.
75-25 in favor of Suzaku.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:59 am UTC

No, make it 60-40.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:13 am UTC

moody confuses me.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:24 am UTC

Liri wrote: Scum'll almost certainly target players that are at least one position away from themselves on the player list, so the NK could reveal who scum isn't (beyond just the victim)

Why do you think that would be the case and what do you infer from that? In fact I'm not sure I understand this completely, what is the supposed targeting habit here?
moody7277 wrote:Sabrar -0.5
Madge -3

I take it this is actually not on a scale of 1-10, right? So what is it then?
Sabrar wrote:
moody7277 wrote:That's what the whole panicky "in case I die" post was about; I wanted town to be able to disentangle results should worst come to worst.

That is a very good point, which to me makes it seem like moody is trying to come up with some justification for revealing his (possibly alleged) action. This makes moody a little more suspicious to me.

Where's Suzaku by the way? He's the only one without a post on D2 if I'm not mistaken.
—◯-◯

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:36 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:No, make it 60-40.
Nope, 80-20.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:03 pm UTC

OK, so assuming moody is telling the truth, jimbob was the original NK target. That's why he's a 10 on moody's scale. Thanks nobody for explaining that to me :/

Also believe it or not we could have other cops in the mix than just plytho (who is some sort of one-third cop...), hell for all you lot know i could even be a cop!! (or scum could be a cop.... ugh)

anyway... I want to know what's up with Sabrar. I know he's always wanted to play a jester but I don't think he'd do it this way if he managed to. Then again, a jester could make sense as an indie in secret santa so you know.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:35 pm UTC

Madge wrote:Thanks nobody for explaining that to me :/

Would have gotten to it, but I just woke up half an hour ago. And I of course think of myself as trusted, by me anyway.

somitomi wrote:I take it this is actually not on a scale of 1-10, right? So what is it then?

Negative numbers indicate a scummy read on someone, with -10 being a scum investigation by a trusted cop (or the equvalent).

somitomi wrote:Where's Suzaku by the way? He's the only one without a post on D2 if I'm not mistaken.

Apparently you missed where I would be reading through him today.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:46 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Apparently you missed where I would be reading through him today.

Oh, that question was asking why Suzaku hasn't posted yet since the start of the day, not why you haven't posted a read of him.
—◯-◯

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:48 pm UTC

90-10 and rising.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:53 pm UTC

@somi

Scum wouldn't target a player if moody activating his ability would cause the target to shift to one of them.

Of course we'll have to rely on moody telling us the next morning whether or not he used it.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:56 pm UTC

moody is ignoring me. :cry:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:00 pm UTC

@bessie: I'll be very sad if you're sheeping me for nefarious purposes. You don't want a sad puppy on your conscience, right? :P

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:00 pm UTC

Suzaku

No previous posts by Maven to take into account. I'm taking that silence as a null tell, YMMV.

post 1: fluff
post 2: fluff
post 3: mostly interested in reading wagon candidates. has a more flavorful interpretation on Sabrar. remembers my shenanigans from 2015
post 4: partial reads. more in favor of wam-wagon.
post 5: correction to typo
post 6: eye roll at Sabrar's scum read on him, jimbob townie, unsure on most other people
post 7: votes wam.

Nothing D2.

Nothing terribly deep here, but I don't recall how deep Suzaku usually got. Not being back on since start of day is also a bit off.

Suzaku -1

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:28 pm UTC

Liri wrote:@somi

Scum wouldn't target a player if moody activating his ability would cause the target to shift to one of them.

Of course we'll have to rely on moody telling us the next morning whether or not he used it.

Oh, I see.

How high is the water, mama?
Sabrar wrote:90-10 and rising.

:lol:
—◯-◯

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:51 pm UTC

Unvote
Vote: Suzaku

Lynch all lurkers.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:06 pm UTC

Not sure if it's been exactly 48 hours or not, but I'm here now, so..

Suzaku has been prodded.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:04 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Well, it was specifically pointed out by me here on P7, in a reply to a question from moody, so he must have forgotten.
bessie wrote:I think that if you want to use your power, ok, you’re not a newbie, you’re experienced enough to decide whether or not it’s the right call. But why claim it first? You could have claimed on D2, and then we could have worked out any night results. And if you die, we still might be able to work it out.
LaserGuy wrote:6. Flips will reveal all role details including hidden mechanics

And as to my opinion as to whether or not you should use it, I too abstain from offering an opinion. If you are scum, you will use it or not, and you will tell us truth or you will lie and we won’t know which. If you are town, you have already given information to scum and there is no need to give them more.

Sabrar wrote:I'm sure many will disagree but I think Madge not understanding why jimbob is Town is a town-slip.
Madge understood it just fine once she read it. Is Madge not reading content also a town slip?

Madge wrote:OK, so assuming moody is telling the truth, jimbob was the original NK target. That's why he's a 10 on moody's scale. Thanks nobody for explaining that to me :/
Did you really need someone to explain that?

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: I'll be very sad if you're sheeping me for nefarious purposes. You don't want a sad puppy on your conscience, right? :P
I have a sad puppy on my conscience every morning when I get in my car alone.

I just can’t see any way you are scum. My setup spec for this game is two mafia. Your content in this game has been, well, let’s stick with goofy. If you are in fact trying to do something different with your meta (as has been suggested), than I don’t think you would do it as mafia in a game this small. The reason is that I don’t think you would risk another player’s win on an experiment of yours. I can see you doing it in a larger game, with three or more mafia, because then if you are lynched the others still have at least one partner remaining. Ok, maybe if your partner was someone with a lot of experience, which would rule out somitomi and Liri, and also I would rule out Suzuku because of Maven’s absence on D1 (you would have checked with your partner before trying something so risky). So my evaluation is that you are not mafia. There is a case to be made for you being independent, because then you could act as goofy as you want and you would only be rising your own win, and I am thinking about that possibility. But my current read is that you are likely town.

I'm late for an appointment.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:19 pm UTC

@bessie: and you have problems with my meta-reads??? :D

Return to “Mafia”