Newbie New Year Mafia - D5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Hari Seldon
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:08 am UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Hari Seldon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:55 am UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:I must go for now. Boom, I will pick up my posting if it will help you read me.
Yeah, I can't do this and still be genuine. My apologies. If you haven't already Boom, I do recommend reading Halloween to get a better understanding of me. It is OK if you read me as scum, but not if it's for simply how I play.

I just did a light read of Bessie's posts in WoT. I think the game is too far back to compare to how I've seen her play in the last 4 games. The game meta in general was quite different—I am supposing due to the pacing. I did come across something very similar to what I was referring to, however. I will probably just reveal it since it is becoming a thing.

User avatar
Hari Seldon
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:08 am UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Hari Seldon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:16 am UTC

Boom, you've been arguing Town Jim but he is in your bottom three. Please clear up where you stand.

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:27 am UTC

I've only made it halfway through page 18 on my readthrough, and that was with skipping 2/3rds of D1. Y'all are starting to all blend together in my head though, so I am gonna call it a night.

Hopefully I will be able to get more up to speed before the end of D3, but no promises since I thought I would have made more progress tonight.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:37 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@Sabrar: It's moot at this point, but I think it was strategically unhelpful for you to weigh in or vote before deadline if you're just going to agree with the consensus target anyway.

There is clearly no consensus.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:28 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Hari wrote:Also, could you point out which posts in particular your Town Jim read stem from?

LaserGuy wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:However, as I said before I like the way he has questioned me and reeled me back in several times and pointed out his observations of town-indications. I don't think scum!Jim would be defending others so much.


Can you point specifically to which questions to you're referring to? These are the only instances I can find of jimbob addressing you directly:

...
jimbob wrote:@BoomFrog, can you explain why you think cemper said there was no night chat?
[/qouote]

LaserGuy found one, I remember there being one more defending LaserGuy. Interesting that LG didn't find it.

Times up. I'll look for it later.


Okay, but these two posts happened on Page 20 and 22. You were Town leaning jimbob on Page 18 and you weren't interested in his reads post PW flip on page 17 (but were of everyone else off wagon).

So these posts weren't responsible for your Town lean on jimbob. You already had one at the start of D2.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:32 am UTC

Vote: BoomFrog

I let too many of these sorts of slips get away in Crossover. I'll post a full case tomorrow.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby bessie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:11 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:And we have accidentally stumbled on the piece of your logic that I had not understood. Madge flip had nothing to do with my alignment, just with how many scum are left. It was painful but at least I got my question answered.
Are you serious? Do you expect me to believe it took you, with all your brilliance and cleverness and wit, four days of discussion to get my snarky remark?

BoomFrog wrote: Hari is a cold and calculating person. And he's read enough games to know defending teammates is the most common way for scum to get caught, and he's inexperienced enough to just try and be pure town and lynch his teammate accidentally D1.
Hari’s not a newbie. I asked him when I welcomed him in the Halloween game. Greeting and asking new people if they have any mafia experience is one of the items on the bessie checklist, along with analyzing confirmation posts, setup spec, and tunneling (hmm).

cemper93 wrote:Hmm. In the scenario where BoomFrog had already made a decision to woof before the game started, wouldn't he have done it anyway, no matter who his partners are? I don't see him as the kind of player who would not do something just on the off chance that a newbie might react weirdly.
Sabrar asked me to read BoomFrog with the assumption that he’s town. I spent a lot of time thinking about the whole woof gambit, and because of the flips I could see a case for town!BoomFrog. (reminder,my theory is that scum!BoomFrog did not immediately join scum chat so that reactions would be natural.) I have trouble seeing scum!BoomFrog trying this with Peaceful Whale unless he knew there was someone that could (1) play along in thread, and (2) manage Peaceful Whale, so to speak, and I think the most likely candidates were me and moody (ha ha, Madge would have been soooo all over this!), and not flicky (because newbie). But in trying to explain my point to you, I can now see a case for proceeding with the plan regardless, even with two newbies, because Peaceful Whale did stumble early in the game (see Sleepgate and the rest of my D1 content).

cemper93 wrote:Yes, word! I have put in a request with wam to be replaced. I am not able to provide very meaningful content in this game anymore; I simply lack the time for not only reading the high-volume posts, but thinking them through as well. Sorry everyone!
Goshfrickindarnit. I have said this someplace buried in the previous 29 pages, but we’re going to scare any potential newbies away; cemper is not a newbie, he is an experienced player, and he can’t keep up with the content overload. flicky is having trouble keeping up too, and reminder flicky signed up for the game because it is a newbie game. If I have a spare five hours :roll: , I will reread the game again sorted by author, which I haven’t dome for a while, to see if any of this content is just empty posting to appear townie. I will also try to look for people that keep repeating the same content over and over again, and are prodding others with requests to continually repeat themselves as a distraction.

LaserGuy wrote:I feel like the reactions from other players to his persistent tunneling on me, particularly the "slip" business, points to him being Town. Scum tunnels have a built-in receptive audience in the form of buddies that are likely to at least respond to or comment on their buddy's points and try to advance their case. The fact that Hari has been pushing this case since D1 and has received so little interest to me points to a Town tunnel (more specifically, it points to TvT). I think if Hari was scum with a buddy in the game, he would have got more traction at this point, or would have dropped it by now and advanced a different argument or a moved to a different target.
Interesting, Hari gets town cred for tunneling, I get scum cred.

flicky1991 wrote:bessie seems really frustrated this game. Sorry if it's at all to do with the way I'm playing. :(
Ah, my young bird, this is nothing. If you haven't seen me really pissed off you need to sign up for more games. :)

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:You might as well claim properly, LaserGuy. Hari Seldon has already said he'll likely vote you, which will be L-2, and I expect BoomFrog will switch back if there isn't a swing to Hari. But do as you wish.
This is a very odd comment. You should know that there is not a lynch that is a done deal until the mod calls deadline, look at D1 in this game (more examples available upon request, like D1 of WoT2, D4 of Crossover, etc). Why the quick push on LaserGuy to claim? And why the certainty about his lynch?

MasterOfAll, thank you very much for replacing.

MasterOfAll wrote:So, following that logic, without bothering to consider players' actual posts, leads me to think that bessie is scum with either jimbobmacdoodle or LaserGuy as her scum-bro.
The Peaceful Whale wagon has been the subject of much debate on D2. That wagon gained traction very late, and some players (me, Madge, Vicarin) were already gone for the day by then. I’ll let you read through the posts first and draw your own conclusion, but I don’t expect you to fully analyze 29 pages of content feel free to ask me any questions.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:10 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Hmm... that wasn't as conclusive as I'd hoped, as it means that cemper would have had to have faked the town-slip. I'm going to have to review that point again at some point. Still, at least there is somebody who is a viable buddy. Also, I need to look at things from LG's point of view (i.e. review his posts rather than the people he might be buddies with).


So the only plausible buddy for me in your mind is your strongest Townread? How does that affect your read of me?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:00 am UTC

bessie wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:You might as well claim properly, LaserGuy. Hari Seldon has already said he'll likely vote you, which will be L-2, and I expect BoomFrog will switch back if there isn't a swing to Hari. But do as you wish.
This is a very odd comment. You should know that there is not a lynch that is a done deal until the mod calls deadline, look at D1 in this game (more examples available upon request, like D1 of WoT2, D4 of Crossover, etc). Why the quick push on LaserGuy to claim? And why the certainty about his lynch?
There's only a little over 2 days left (and a half when I posted), and I wanted there to be enough time to discuss any claim LaserGuy made, rather than the D1 rush we had, for example. However, I'm dropping my request, because I realised that some of the logic behind it is faulty. I can explain it in a bit more detail later, but don't want to now. I'm not certain about the lynch, but the way the wagon is rolling already makes it seem likely that LaserGuy is heading towards the need-to-claim territory.
LaserGuy wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Hmm... that wasn't as conclusive as I'd hoped, as it means that cemper would have had to have faked the town-slip. I'm going to have to review that point again at some point. Still, at least there is somebody who is a viable buddy. Also, I need to look at things from LG's point of view (i.e. review his posts rather than the people he might be buddies with).


So the only plausible buddy for me in your mind is your strongest Townread? How does that affect your read of me?
It makes me less certain, that's for sure. However, I think you're over-estimating the strength of my town reads at the moment. Basically, I feel like all of {bessie, cemper/MoA, flicky, and BoomFrog} have quite strong points for them being townie, which means, assuming that you and Hari are not a team, that I'm wrong about someone. I am uncertain who that someone is. I do want to read up on Hari's interactions with others, and ideally your side of interactions with others as well, to make a more informed decision.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:38 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:the way the wagon is rolling already makes it seem likely that LaserGuy is heading towards the need-to-claim territory.
LaserGuy only has two votes on him! Until five hours ago, that was also true of you - do you feel the need to claim?
any pronouns
----
avatar from chridd
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:28 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:the way the wagon is rolling already makes it seem likely that LaserGuy is heading towards the need-to-claim territory.
LaserGuy only has two votes on him! Until five hours ago, that was also true of you - do you feel the need to claim?
Hence why I felt I was starting to lose track of the votes. To me that wagon was rolling in ways other than just the votes (Hari's intention to vote, and BoomFrog seemingly willing to vote as well, since he didn't say that he didn't believe LG to be scum, just felt Hari more likely to be).
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:42 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote: Okay, but these two posts happened on Page 20 and 22. You were Town leaning jimbob on Page 18 and you weren't interested in his reads post PW flip on page 17 (but were of everyone else off wagon).

So these posts weren't responsible for your Town lean on jimbob. You already had one at the start of D2.
Start of D2 he narrowed the lynch pool and essentially included himself in the pool which I liked a lot. And, btw, your last link you mischaracterize, I was also interested in JimBob's updated reads but he had literally just given them.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:12 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:@Sabrar: It's moot at this point, but I think it was strategically unhelpful for you to weigh in or vote before deadline if you're just going to agree with the consensus target anyway.

There is clearly no consensus.

Maybe. But extra ambiguity call help scum misstep. I know it's not in your usual strategy as town, but in your current situation you could even lie to try and trick scum.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:22 pm UTC

I considered it for a very long time. I decided against it but it was very close.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:36 pm UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:Boom, you've been arguing Town Jim but he is in your bottom three. Please clear up where you stand.

Everyone besides LaserGuy has a reason I think they are town. Jim's is one of the weakest because it's only based on his tone and words, where-as most are from voting behavior (Hari, Flicky) or direct conflict with known scum (Bessie) or sincere seeming town slips (Cemper/Master). However, I cannot believe a Laser-Jim team, Jim's position D2 was suicidal if both scum are in the narrowed lynch-pool.

Your response had been very townie, you are off my bottom 3. New bottom three are laser, Jim and Flicky.

Unvote
Vote Flicky


He could have thought his PW vote D1 was safe by itself, and his claim fits with a more cautious less strategic player. (It's safer for the claimer even if it's worse for the team overall). It would explain why PW didn't vote for Flicky.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:37 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I considered it [lying] for a very long time. I decided against it but it was very close.

But it's so fun. :D
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:55 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
LaserGuy wrote: Okay, but these two posts happened on Page 20 and 22. You were Town leaning jimbob on Page 18 and you weren't interested in his reads post PW flip on page 17 (but were of everyone else off wagon).

So these posts weren't responsible for your Town lean on jimbob. You already had one at the start of D2.
Start of D2 he narrowed the lynch pool and essentially included himself in the pool which I liked a lot.


In the post where jimbob does this, he's agreeing with me. jimbob and I actually have pretty much identical analysis of the wagon at the start of D2.

Sabrar wrote:I considered it [lying] for a very long time. I decided against it but it was very close.


*Sigh*. You really ought to have just not said anything then.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:02 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:*Sigh*. You really ought to have just not said anything then.
This is really interesting coming from you especially.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:42 pm UTC

Abbreviated version to follow, discarded tl;dr:

BoomFrog shouldn't have brought up the possibility of me faking a result just in case scum didn't think of it themselves (unlikely but possible given my meta).
Since it's out there I have no reason to withhold the info anymore: I have no results to claim.
I'm about 90% certain that both scum are in {BoomFrog, jimbob, LaserGuy}, I think if we lynch all 3 in whatever order we will win.
I've already talked about how the first half of the day was spent bussing, BoomFrog spends the second half scrambling around, trying to find someone outside the triangle to lynch.
LaserGuy's 'advice' of not saying anything does not come from a townie mindset, I've structured my D3 content so that I could credibly claim a result on him and him alone. If he's Town he should already have realized that scum knows I don't have info so the only one I'm deceiving is Town.
I think jimbob's change of heart on LaserGuy is telling, plus his PoE approach was short-sighted as I had to prob him to make him 'realize' that his 2 scummiest reads did not make sense as a team therefore he was probably wrong in the steps leading to it.

These are nowhere near the only reasons I find them scummy, just some highlights that maybe attracted less attention from others. And I fully realize that I'm completely wrong about at least 1 of them. Going from personal history alone it must be jimbob because I read him wrong 95% of the time.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:21 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:LaserGuy's 'advice' of not saying anything does not come from a townie mindset, I've structured my D3 content so that I could credibly claim a result on him and him alone. If he's Town he should already have realized that scum knows I don't have info so the only one I'm deceiving is Town.


No, scum only knew you were naive for certain when you said you weren't lying (assuming you weren't lying about that). If you had a result on, say, jimbob, you could have bluffed a result on me to try to flush out the buddy (or you could have been confused because you had a result naive doctor, I suppose). You gained nothing by revealing that information.

Be that as it may, I agree with your analysis otherwise.

I'm VT, for the record.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:52 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
LaserGuy wrote: Okay, but these two posts happened on Page 20 and 22. You were Town leaning jimbob on Page 18 and you weren't interested in his reads post PW flip on page 17 (but were of everyone else off wagon).

So these posts weren't responsible for your Town lean on jimbob. You already had one at the start of D2.
Start of D2 he narrowed the lynch pool and essentially included himself in the pool which I liked a lot.


In the post where jimbob does this, he's agreeing with me. jimbob and I actually have pretty much identical analysis of the wagon at the start of D2.
I agree which gave me townie vibes from you too, and is more evidence that you are not scum buddies. If I didn't know my own alignment I'd agree with Sabrar, but as it is, I am pretty sure there is a second scum outside us three. Hence the "scrambling".
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:55 pm UTC

I didn't mean lie about your results I meant lie about your opinion of who is scum.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Hari Seldon
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:08 am UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Hari Seldon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:22 pm UTC

Boom, when did you come to the conclusion that I wasn't inexperienced?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:41 pm UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:Boom, when did you come to the conclusion that I wasn't inexperienced?

When Laser pointed it out. Before that I just thought you were a fast learner and had done your research. (Followed and "played along" in several games.)
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:34 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I think jimbob's change of heart on LaserGuy is telling, plus his PoE approach was short-sighted as I had to prob him to make him 'realize' that his 2 scummiest reads did not make sense as a team therefore he was probably wrong in the steps leading to it.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:He's also not likely a buddy with LaserGuy, what with his strong scum reads voiced about him throughout the course of the game. I could buy a scum player keeping a buddy at arms length, but this feels a bit much
This was from my read of Hari, and I feel like it's not the only place where I made this clear, but phone-posting, so not looking back any more now. I have been well aware that my top two scum aren't likely a team, I didn't need prodding. That's why I've been keen to do team analysis. Unfortunately, RL has limited the time I've had to look at this to what I have done so far. I'm hoping I'll get enough time tomorrow, ahead of deadline. Once I've done that, I'll be looking at my vote to see if LaserGuy is still the best choice.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:56 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I haven't spent much time considering my scum teams,
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:That's why I've been keen to do team analysis.
Out-of-context I know but still doesn't feel like it.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:58 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I didn't mean lie about your results I meant lie about your opinion of who is scum.
I don't see how that would 'trick' scum.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:13 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I didn't mean lie about your results I meant lie about your opinion of who is scum.
I don't see how that would 'trick' scum.

For example, you could have voted for JimBob to see if you could entice LaserGuy's buddy to pile on in a close lynch. Having a unanimous consensus for LaserGuy isn't giving us much information.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:33 am UTC

bessie wrote:Are you serious? Do you expect me to believe it took you, with all your brilliance and cleverness and wit, four days of discussion to get my snarky remark?
Yes. I interpreted it as Town!Madge somehow implicating Laser or exonerating me which would cause you to divide your attention. You assumed that I actually understood you and so answered all my questions obliquely and we got nowhere for four days and generated a bunch of useless content. I don't want to tell you how to play the game, but it was a frustrating experience from my end.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:41 am UTC

bessie wrote:
MasterOfAll wrote:So, following that logic, without bothering to consider players' actual posts, leads me to think that bessie is scum with either jimbobmacdoodle or LaserGuy as her scum-bro.
The Peaceful Whale wagon has been the subject of much debate on D2. That wagon gained traction very late, and some players (me, Madge, Vicarin) were already gone for the day by then. I’ll let you read through the posts first and draw your own conclusion, but I don’t expect you to fully analyze 29 pages of content feel free to ask me any questions.
I have now read through the remainder of D2, as well as keeping up with the posts since I joined the game. This means I only have a few more pages of early D3 posts to go through to feel caught up.

As previously stated, I'm not putting too much stock in that quick vote analysis I did, but I do feel that there is some value to it, and it was certainly much faster to do than to read through everyone's posts. That said, it does seem a bit unfair to bessie that because she was offline during the PW bandwagon she doesn't get the town cred that the voters get, especially when D1 posts seem to distance her and PW. So, there is possibly clever scum somewhere on that D1 bandwagon. I will have to put some thought into which PW voter seems likeliest.

Due to the successful D1 lynch, I feel like we are in pretty good shape here even though we never got any info from any of the power roles. But, it'd sure be nice to get the vote right today. I'm leaning towards jimbobmacdoodle and LaserGuy as scummiest, but don't necessarily think they make sense as a scumteam. They even had votes on each other earlier today (an interesting scum gambit?).

I'm about to watch some NBA basketball, so that's all for now.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:09 am UTC

You've come to exactly the conclusion I did. One if Laser and Jim is probably scum and there is at least one on PW's wagon. And that (to me) means Hari or Flicky. And once the door is open to seriously consider Flicky again I have to consider a Hari+Flicky team.

Hari's unknown levels of expertise mean he is still a real possibility, and Flicky+Hari team would explain Hari's hope for NL D1.

Of Laser and JimBob I find Laser most likely. And for lasers partner I find Flicky most likely. So, since he is in the two most likely teams I think he is worth lynching first.

Of course all this falls apart if you don't trust I'm town...
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:43 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Flicky+Hari team would explain Hari's hope for NL D1
But would it explain me being strongly against NL on D1?
any pronouns
----
avatar from chridd
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:58 am UTC

@BoomFrog: Hari Seldon + flicky as scum-team means that you are wrong about jimbob and LaserGuy plus you just cleared HS incorrectly. Did your ego suddenly vanish that you would truly vote based on such a possibility?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:07 am UTC

@LaserGuy: why is bessie town? Why were you wrong about her before?

User avatar
Hari Seldon
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:08 am UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Hari Seldon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:08 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:Boom, when did you come to the conclusion that I wasn't inexperienced?

When Laser pointed it out. Before that I just thought you were a fast learner and had done your research. (Followed and "played along" in several games.)
I really do not like this. I thought much of what I have said made it obvious that I have mafia experience. I've used phrases such as "Mafia often..., Town often..., base level scum..., higher level Scum..." a number of times throughout the game. Not to mention this from page 3:
Hari Seldon wrote:Since this is a Newbie game, I would like to be as accommodating as possible.
It is not direct, but I feel that anyone trying to understand me through my postings should have been able to pick up from it that I am not a Newbie. This indicates to me that you either a) have not been really reading into my posts and trying to figure me out or b) you were forcing the inexperience point before Laser called you out on it. Either way, it is scummy.

@Bessie @Sabrar I would like your opinion on this.

@Flicky Did you think I was a Newbie before this discussion?

User avatar
Hari Seldon
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:08 am UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Hari Seldon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:13 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I didn't mean lie about your results I meant lie about your opinion of who is scum.
I don't see how that would 'trick' scum.

For example, you could have voted for JimBob to see if you could entice LaserGuy's buddy to pile on in a close lynch. Having a unanimous consensus for LaserGuy isn't giving us much information.
Your logic is backward. If Sabrar were to fake a result on Town Jim, Scum Laser's buddy would know that it was a gambit. Town would be the one's piling on Jim, because we'd not know it was a gambit.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:34 am UTC

@Hari Seldon: I haven't considered you a newbie ever, I think your approach in Halloween was already clearly indicative of someone with experience. However that made me less aware of this issue in this game so I'll have to read back. From your quotes it does look scummy.

@MasterOfAll: there should be time between D3 and D4 for you to get a clear picture. Please prepare detailed reads on the players (you can ignore me and whoever was lynched to make it easier) and post that first thing in the morning when you have the chance, without editing it at all due to the flip and choice of NK. Thank you in advance.

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:49 am UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:@Flicky Did you think I was a Newbie before this discussion?
No, I could see right away you were experienced.
any pronouns
----
avatar from chridd
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@LaserGuy: why is bessie town? Why were you wrong about her before?


Mostly it's just I don't really see any plausible pairing for her. I don't have any specific reason to rule her out based on her own content, I just feel that jim/Boom are much scummier right now and are a very plausible team together. In the very unlikely scenario that one of them flips Town and I'm still in the game, I will have to revisit her. But I'm pretty much locked on the two of them otherwise.

LaserGuy being wrong is pretty much the default state of affairs. If she is Town, I suspect a component of it may be that she is so rarely tunneled that bessie overreacts when it does happen, and does so in a way that I find scummy.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:31 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:If she is Town, I suspect a component of it may be that she is so rarely tunneled that bessie overreacts when it does happen, and does so in a way that I find scummy.
I appreciate the response but that is an incorrect time-line. First you found her scummy and tunneled, only after that could she have overreacted. I know you said it was only a component but it still doesn't really answer my question.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests