Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sabrar

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D1 - Assassination

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:17 am UTC

I'm not. Commuting. Will reply to everything at work.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:18 am UTC

That's fine then. I'll be catching up now.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:22 am UTC

wam wrote:@ Laser what other alignment changing roles would you expect that mod comment to be covering?

In Crossover there was a Possessor that flipped a targeted player's alignment when the Possessor was killed. In Diablo mafia there were a bunch... I think there was a survivor that could be recruited by mafia or Town, and another survivor that could be recruited by Town or the SK. Or the two survivors could join up and form their own faction. I think there was at least one other interaction, but I don't remember what it was. I recall that a little while before I started jimbob was a silversmith and would switch sides if he was killed. I've never played a cult game before, but I've played two where individual players could switch alignments under certain conditions.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:31 am UTC

That looks more like a general list of alignment switching roles and not ones that are remotely likely given the flavor. Do you actually expect any of those to be in this game?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:36 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:That looks more like a general list of alignment switching roles and not ones that are remotely likely given the flavor. Do you actually expect any of those to be in this game?

I don't know, I've never played any of Suzaku's games before. I think you are playing with fire if you are trying to outguess the mod using flavor arguments. I have some experience with this... I did this my first two games to pretty good effect. I was scum both times. One of the reasons I'm suspicious of you.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:48 am UTC

Quick answers while I can. Let me know if I missed anything.

Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar: I'm also interested why you list me as dangerous as scum when you have only seen me play as town.
Extrapolation. I got the impression from Crossover that you were considered super-experienced. You can lead Town when town, you can easily mimic it when you're scum.

Zenii wrote:
You are referring to pre-gamestart content. I'm referring to post-gamestart, with his bad strategy suggestions.
Why are you not looking at both? PW's eagerness to start was mega towny.
Disagree. For certain players (yours truly included) eagerness is a state-of-being.

wam wrote:@ Sabrar, do you normally read Zenii correctly?
Yes. I correctly read him as Town in the only game we played together even though I pretended otherwise.
Spoiler:
That was Crossover, I was scum and attacked him all game. So actually the question is unanswerable in that form.
bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Vicarin is so obv-town it hurts my eyes.
Obvi-town, or obvi-not-mafia?
Obvi-not-mafia. He currently doesn't have a chat-partner.

wam wrote:To put this simply if it is not a slip what makes you think there are 2 nk?
1. That was mostly flavor, just like the rest.
2. However I also thought that for balance purposes Town is weaker than usual and an additional NK might be included (possibly 1-shot).

Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar: It's not since it's unclear from this response: Post You agree that it's null. Why do feel PW is SUPER SUSPICIOUS if you agree and know that your basis of that read is a null tell?
Attacking someone for proposing a bad strategy is a valid reaction, I have done it as well in the past. However I also take into account PW's personal meta and therefore I don't give out 'scum-points' for it. Ask bessie if you don't understand, we're constantly arguing about this (but usually wrt Madge).

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:54 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Instead of finding 2 possibly linked players, find a pair where at least 1 of them has to be scum and lynch both.

I suggest we start with Zen and Vicarin.

.... why is one of these two scum??? I coudl see that if two people were claiming the same PR but these are just people in an argument. I think townies tend to get into arguments more on D1 so I'm reluctant to vote for both people arguing.

Why are we voting Zenii? What's their crime?

I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:03 am UTC

wam wrote:
plytho wrote:Those stats are part of why I’m against multiple D1 lynches.

Suspicion at this point is toward the people that don’t want to multi lynch.

This seems to contradict itself. What I think your saying is day 1, 1 lynch, multiples in later days, which I agree with. So you are suspicious of people who don't want to multi lynh later in the game. Can you confirm I'm right? Also I don't think many people have stated their preference for number of lynches later in the game.

You’re right.

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:I wonder what we’ll do with all the extra time we get after the last lynch of the day. Twilight was weird in crossover and now it’s going to be much longer.
This is an odd thing to say. There is no twilight. There is no cap on lynches, so there is no definitive last lynch of the day, unless it’s in the last 12 hours in which case day ends and night begins.

I prefer one lynch today (maybe moving towards two). If we agree on one lynch we have at least a day and a half of discussion before the night. With two lynches we have a full day. That's what I'm comparing to twilight here.

Sabrar wrote:I wrote up my intro post last Thursday and haven't changed a single character since (except adding the quote from Madge since it provided a great lead-in).
Discuss.
Plausible, not sure what you gain as town by pointing this out. The fact that you jumped on heuristically_alone with a weak attack makes me feel like you cared more about attacking someone than finding scum.

Bottom four for now:
Sabrar for that weird interaction with heuristically_alone
Heuristically_alone for his weird response
Somitomi for dismissing PR claims
EGW for supporting a scum favoring lynch strategy
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:15 am UTC

plytho wrote:Plausible, not sure what you gain as town by pointing this out.
Time for natural reactions is past so there's nothing to lose. Plus I'm going to analyse the responses to my intro later so it's necessary you understand where I'm coming from.

Madge wrote:Why are we voting Zenii? What's their crime?
Why didn't you ask the same about Vicarin? We're voting Zen because he's pretending to lead town, sheeping PW, inconsistent scum-hunting and bad attack on Vicarin. I hope that's enough for starters.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:21 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Why do you think multiple lynches are worse with more than one anti-town faction?

If we are wrong, we can lose pretty quickly if we aren't careful and aware of what is to come in later days. It's mostly the 'hidden flip' until the next day. If we had a flip like normal, that'd be a game changer. We won't know why a person pushed the first lynch until after we see their confirmed mod flip. We can only second guess. So after the first lynch we aren't lynching others based on their actions around the first lynch, we are lynching others based on their individual actions we find suspicious based on themselves. Remember the town win condition: "You win when all anti-UNE factions are eliminated and at least one member of the UNE is still alive". Scum have to pretend to be town to fit in, and to do so, they pretend to have that win con. To do so, they must mislynch, and without a flip, we won't know why they mislynched a person if it happened. I've been doing some number crunching:

Spoiler:
10v3

mislynch 1
mislynch 2
mislynch 3

nk 1

6v3

mislynch 4
mislynch 5
mislynch 6 (I'm not even sure we'd get to this lynch)

nk 1

2v3 GAME OVER SCUM WIN

---

10v3

lynch
lynch
lynch

GAME OVER TOWN WINS

---

Spoiler:
10v3

mislynch 1
mislynch 2

nk 1

7v3

mislynch 3
mislynch 4

nk 1

4v3 (mylo)

mislynch 5

nk 1

GAME OVER SCUM WIN

10v3

mislynch 1
lynch 1

nk 1

8v2

mislynch 3
lynch 2

nk 1

6v1 (mylo)

mislynch 5
lynch 3

GAME OVER TOWN WIN

Spoiler:
10v3

mislynch 1
mislynch 2
lynch

nk 1

7v2

mislynch 3
mislynch 4
lynch

nk1

4v1

mislynch 5
mislynch 6
lynch

GAME OVER TOWN WINS (lol)

10v3

mislynch 1
mislynch 2
mislynch 3

nk 1

6v3

mislynch 4
lynch 1
mislynch 5

nk 1

3v2

mislynch 6

GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Spoiler:
10v3

mislynch 1
mislynch 2

nk 1

7v3

mislynch 3

nk 2

5v3

mislynch 4

nk 3

3v3

GAME OVER SCUM WIN

---

10v3

lynch 1
lynch 2

nk 1

9v1

lynch 3

GAME OVER TOWN WINS

Each spoiler has the best and worst case scenario for Town and Scum. We should try our best to avoid the worst case scenario, and achieve the best case scenario if we go for three lynches. The second spoiler contains the worst case and best case with two lynches each day. This is only factoring in one night kill. The first spoiler contains the quickest win for each alignment. That means if we do horribly, we can lose in two days. If we do amazing, we can win in one day. If people want to push for three, I want to see how they plan to work out each lynch as error free as possibly as they can. (As close as possible) There are more possibilities and game length can be dragged out longer then three days but I think it's best we are aware of the worst and best case so we can try to get a sweet spot of 'in the middle' or closer to best if possible. Now if people still want to try for the first scenario and hope to win on the second day by knocking out all 3 scum by the second day, be my guest. Yet, note that we'd only have one night for PR's to get one result, so in this game, we must get our act together and focus on Day Play.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar: It's not fake because it doesn't look fake. It's aggressive and direct.
So you don't have actual reasons? Nice to know.

@all: please remember this when either of them flips scum.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:28 am UTC

@George: your number-crunching means nothing because it ignores the amount of information learned from D1 lynches and the consequent change in strategy. For example why do you assume in all your scenarios that if we lynched 3 times D1 then we would do the same D2?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 am UTC

Zenii wrote:Please reveal the Madge meta.

I probably will after she answers my question from earlier.

Also the "Zen is distancing bessie" thing is the wrong path. There would be no reason for anyone to ever bus bessie since it's easy to drop a town read on her.

I didn't think you were distancing. I noticed that you flashed your townie card earlier in the game and I wanted to see if bessie had noticed as well. I'm not sure I can trust this going forward now that EGW has revealed the Town wincon, but I'll take EGW as Town and trust that bessie can sort herself later.

What do you think of Sabrar?

Very likely scum.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am UTC

Wam: explain why you don't get the Vic votes. Also, I was second on the wagon. What's wrong with being second on a wagon? What's wrong with three votes on a wagon? Those two points are null. The last sentence, I was asked about that by Somi, so that is where that came from. How does this affect your read on Somi? You didn't seem to read Somi thoroughly since you thought I was the one who brought up the multiple anti-town point.

On your question, I'll give a reads list when I'm done catching up.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 am UTC

Laser: Can you explain why you feel Sabrar is very likely scum?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:

Very likely scum.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:49 am UTC

Bessie:

1. On pre-game content not being allowed, then that is on the mod to moderate. I don't think it's alignment indactive. Unless you are going for 'oh scum wouldn't try to break the rules' kind of thing. Anyway, it doesn't seem like there were any rules for not having content in pre-game, so I will rule this out.

2. On pre-game content not counting, that's no true. Content counts ever since everyone receives their role, not when they decide to start. Once they receive their role they are their role, they have become one with their role.

Yet from everything else you said, it seems like you do agree that pre-game content can be read and sorted to find alignment. I will tell you that Zen and Myself have scum hunted in pre-game multiple times and always start looking for scum at that time, because pre-game and early game is likely where they are comfortable. Attack them when they have their guard lowered. Problem with the early game we have in this game is that it allows some players to hide behind setup speculation. Also no need for proof-reading, I don't want to mess up your flow.

I'd like to know your reads on: [Sabrar, Zen, Plytho, and Laser] when you get the chance. Who would you vote at this moment and why?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:57 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Disagree. For certain players (yours truly included) eagerness is a state-of-being.

What do you mean eagerness is state of being? Go more into that. Who do you feel that applies to in this game and why?

Sabrar wrote:Attacking someone for proposing a bad strategy is a valid reaction, I have done it as well in the past. However I also take into account PW's personal meta and therefore I don't give out 'scum-points' for it. Ask bessie if you don't understand, we're constantly arguing about this (but usually wrt Madge).

Right, valid reaction to determine alignment, or valid reaction to get the ball rolling? Then tell me why on either.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:00 am UTC

I’m working on a coherent pooooost, but when I was skming through I saw this...

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:

Very likely scum.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:?
This does not feel like a Sabrar reaction to me... however I can see him doing it when I think about it. It’s just not one I’d do...
Nija’d...
Hmmm.... I would like to know what Bessie thinks on that as well...
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:13 am UTC

Somiomiomi: That just goes with experience. At the start, I was rarely ever able to get opinions out the door like that. So I want you (and others) who are having such trouble, to give out three scum picks. Your three top suspects, and reasons why. I want you all to try that. Well I'm used to only having one lynch normally, so two on the first day and one on following days isn't that far off from what I'd prefer. Next would be 3 lynches on D1 and two lynches on following days.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:24 am UTC

EGW, I really don't get why you want more lynches D1 than the following days.

How is 2-1-?? better than 1-2-??

Our D2 lynches will be more informed and less blind. This is what I mean when I say you're favoring scum with your strategy. You want to lynch most people when we have the least amount of information -> increased odds of mislynch. Then you want to keep it at one lynch per day -> better NK to lynch ratio.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:27 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:We are only lynching one person at a time. We are also dragging the day out, then lynching. That way we cut time from getting too paranoid without actual information from lynches. (Since they come in the the next day) Just because we have the ability to lynch three times a day does not mean we should use that. If we somehow had confirmed scum, then we could allow a second lynch to gain more information and gain tempo. Otherwise, we keep it to one.

We are going to use the same method as last game, we are going to use the Bottom Four system. We all show our bottom four lynches we are comfortable with compromising on, we draft that into one chart via Sabrar, and then we'll campaign for our lynch from there. We will also keep our votes in play, no lollygagging. We don't have time to skip about. That's the plan.

Any other scenario is simply compromises, this is what I proposed and still prefer. I actually agree with you.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:34 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@George: your number-crunching means nothing because it ignores the amount of information learned from D1 lynches and the consequent change in strategy. For example why do you assume in all your scenarios that if we lynched 3 times D1 then we would do the same D2?

I simply did not consider it. I didn't think that people wanted multiple lynches after D1. I do agree that having 1 flip on the first day is better and having a multiple day lynch on the second better strategy then having three blind lynches on the first day. Yet I'd feel for the second day only two lynches should be done since that way, we could have one lynch via association if the first lynch is scum. Otherwise if we don't get scum then I'd say we just keep it to one.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:48 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:What do you mean eagerness is state of being? Go more into that. Who do you feel that applies to in this game and why?
This is borderline off-topic and won't contribute to actual scum-hunting. For a recent example start here to see eagerness (without having a role-pm).

Evil George Washington wrote:Right, valid reaction to determine alignment, or valid reaction to get the ball rolling? Then tell me why on either.
Valid reaction to find someone scummy. What do you not understand here?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:58 am UTC

Sabrar: Yes it will. You disagree because eagerness is a state of being so I want to see why you feel like that and how it applies to other players. You said 'yours truly include' so I want to know why you think that and how it affects your reads in this game. I'm not asking about non-game related content here.

Ok, let's try it like this. If you agree that can apply to town as well, it means it is null. Are you thinking 'this looks scummy even though it can be null?' then you are wrong. I entirely disagree that a person will be scum for having a bad strategy, it simply means they are misguided. If you think a person is scum for having bad strategy, then you have to answer why they are posting a bad strategy. Why would scum be likely to do that, and why would town be likely to do that, and then decide which is more likely. If you decide that you can't tell which is more likely, then it's null and you have to try to sort them in another way. Ask them for more content, keep them talking. One thing is for sure, scum will eventually slip.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:59 am UTC

Quick remarks after catching up:
heuristically_alone wrote:Good argument for 3 lynches: mislynches aren't necessarily bad. We still get more so much information from every single lynch so the more knowledge we have going into d2 the better. Worse case scenario is 2 deaths overnight and going into s2 with 8 players remaining. I doubt there are more than 3 mafia. Armed with the informatin learned from the mislynches I can practically guarantee that by end of d2 we can find almost all scum if not all.

Thanks, I can see that. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'm still worried by alignment changing edge-cases that could put us in danger with three mislynches. Similar edge cases might occur with two independent roles (leaving 3 town, 3 scum, 2 independent at worst).
bessie wrote:Noted, somitomi is already trying to discredit PR results. [pre post edit, also noted by plytho] [second edit, somitomi’s response here, reinforces distrust of PR claims]

plytho wrote:Somitomi for dismissing PR claims

I feel like I should stress the difference between dismissing claims completely and not taking them at face value. I never said I'm not gonna trust any claims, I merely wanted to point out there's a higher-than-usual chance of a falseclaim. I'm not going to make preemptive decisions about claims that haven't happened yet, I'll cross that bridge if/when we get there, but I'll exercise caution.
Evil George Washington wrote:I simply did not consider it. I didn't think that people wanted multiple lynches after D1. I do agree that having 1 flip on the first day is better and having a multiple day lynch on the second better strategy then having three blind lynches on the first day. Yet I'd feel for the second day only two lynches should be done since that way, we could have one lynch via association if the first lynch is scum. Otherwise if we don't get scum then I'd say we just keep it to one.

That's strange, it feels pretty obvious to me that the number of lynches would be different on each day depending on what flips and the corresponding wagons reveal. Perhaps it is easier for scum to push a myslinch with fever players, but at the same time we will have more information, so I don't see how multiple lynches would be out of the question after D1.
—◯-◯ FG Discord

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 am UTC

Why did you respond to that before responding to my response to you, Somiomi? (Since my response to you came before)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:05 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:You said 'yours truly include' so I want to know why you think that and how it affects your reads in this game.
Are we not speaking the same language? 'Yours truly included' meant that I'm also a player who is just eager to start a game, regardless of actual alignment. Why should that influence my reads?

Evil George Washington wrote:One thing is for sure, scum will eventually slip.
Exactly, a bad strategy might be such a slip therefore it constitutes a valid reason to attack someone for it. However it's obviously not a sure tell. I don't see why you're having problems with that.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 am UTC

Oops, I misread that as 'you'. I thought you meant Zen. I disagree though, I think it just depends on you as a person and your preferences of alignment.

I disagree. The only way I could agree is if you can show that person's bad strategy to show that they aren't thinking from a town mindset and show why it is coming from a scum mindset. I think scum would prefer not to have a bad strategy especially if people look for that. Now I can understand it as a manner of getting the ball rolling for you guys so you can start discussing and get serious. I don't think it's a great way to find mafia. Now tell me, has this worked for you in the past? Is this a consistent tell for scum? What would you expect scum to do in this meta?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:16 am UTC

I'm going to sleep. I'll post more in depth after work today. (It's 5am in the morning)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:38 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Now tell me, has this worked for you in the past? Is this a consistent tell for scum? What would you expect scum to do in this meta?
No, no and I don't know. You're entirely wrong however when you label it as a general meta for this forum. We are all individuals, we do not follow pre-described patterns. That's why Vicarin attacking PW is not unreasonable.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:51 am UTC

Sooo. Let's look at my intro post. The original idea was to have a bit of fun and maybe, just maybe pick up a tell or two based on the reactions. I never expected this much to work with as it was clear in my mind that it would be dismissed for the joke it was intended to be. How in hell could anyone take that seriously as a whole??? That boggles my mind.

heuristically_alone
I already explained this but here it is again: h_a misrepresents my list and actively avoids reacting to the argument I gave for him being included as #4 on the lynch-list. He follows that thought to a non-conclusion. This is forced, he simply didn't know which direction he should go but felt the need to reply.
@plytho: you're getting the pov of both sides wrong. Please read through again.

Vicarin
This is the totally natural reply, coming from a pov where the player doesn't mind posting whatever occurs to him. Scum might hold back on that observation and discuss it in scum-chat first (see Secret Santa for reference). Obviously it's possible that it was faked but I consider that very unlikely.

bessie
Null-tell. bessie also knows that I'm just fooling around but decides to help me get reactions anyway. Normally this would be town-indicative but she can fake it pretty well.

Vicarin's reply
Still natural.

Madge
Also natural, stream-of-consciousness. Takes me somewhat seriously (asking why Jester can't be among the 3 but interestingly not asking why Vig can't be among the first 4). Townie reaction.

wam (followed here and here)
This is strange. He thinks some of my content was a joke but the double NK was actually a slip. I feel like I should be offended.
I think on average this is a bit more likely coming from scum (as they want to fabricate any reason for a mislynch), however statistics should not be applied to individual cases so I'll consider it as null.

So townie points to Vicarin and Madge, scum points to h_a.
Zen attacking the first two and defending the third is clear indicator he's scum.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:11 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Vicarin
This is the totally natural reply, coming from a pov where the player doesn't mind posting whatever occurs to him. Scum might hold back on that observation and discuss it in scum-chat first (see Secret Santa for reference). Obviously it's possible that it was faked but I consider that very unlikely.

So, uh, do you think scum can discuss stuff in scum-chat today?

Cause I sure as hell don't know what kind of chat anyone has. Suzaku hasn't mentioned it as far as I can tell and no-one asked any questions about it. Secret Santa and the Vanilla Newbie Mafia both had it stated that the Mafia had daychat.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:36 am UTC

Recently most games had day-chat for scum so I just assumed this would be the case here as well. I can see arguments for night-chat only though.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Why did you respond to that before responding to my response to you, Somiomi? (Since my response to you came before)

Because I could do so quickly while your question requires more thought on my part. My scum picks in no particular order:
Zenii: Maybe his boisterous self-assurance is rubbing me up the wrong way, but I don't like the interactions/declarations ratio in their posts. Plus on reread this pinged me a little:
Zenii wrote: What does this even mean even? I can't even parse it, but it's obviously coming from scum.

First off I think Vicarin's post isn't that incomprehensible but more importantily I'd think asking followup questions and trying to understand Vicarin's point (or unearth the agenda behind it) would be the townie thing to do here.
freezeblade: I know this might be pot calling the kettle black, but his content feels light. Most of his posts are about setup and this one in particular feels like active lurking.
Madge: I don't see her posting as significantly different than usual, but she talks mostly about setup and strategy too.
Neutral peeps:
Peaceful Whale: idk, lol
The only people he mentions are Sabrar Zenii and to a lesser extent LaserGuy, but we've already learned this holds roughly no information.
Vicarin: his last "look at me I'm so town" post pings me a bit, but I haven't noticed anything else.
bessie: Nothing out of the ordinary at the moment
Sabrar: feels like the usual Sabrar except for his attack on heury.
LaserGuy: he seems to make good points but I don't understand his vote on Vicarin.
Town picks based on gut feel:
plytho
Evil George Washington
wam
—◯-◯ FG Discord

wam

Postby wam » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:52 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Wam: explain why you don't get the Vic votes. Also, I was second on the wagon. What's wrong with being second on a wagon? What's wrong with three votes on a wagon? Those two points are null. The last sentence, I was asked about that by Somi, so that is where that came from. How does this affect your read on Somi? You didn't seem to read Somi thoroughly since you thought I was the one who brought up the multiple anti-town point.

On your question, I'll give a reads list when I'm done catching up.

I will give me 12 hours though as I'm about To leave for work.

Why has no one tried this

do players with chat have day chat or night chat

I'm sure it will be a no comment but it's worth asking the question.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:42 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@plytho: you're getting the pov of both sides wrong. Please read through again.
I have, to no avail.

Also, how has your opinion of Vicarin evolved this game?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:42 pm UTC

There has been not much evolution, maybe later when I get to reread all players.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:50 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:There has been not much evolution, maybe later when I get to reread all players.
So you still think he's obvtown even when we're not sure about daychat?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:53 pm UTC

I'm a tiny bit less sure than I was before. I still think he's Town (of course that's tied into my belief of scum!Zen).

Return to “Mafia”