Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby wam » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:16 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@wam any explanation of what your theory is then?


I knew marines had been mentioned even if i didnt clock it was you and were in the game. Bodyguard would not make sense for any other role.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby wam » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:24 am UTC

Actually just occurred to me. Madge can you claim your role?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Vicarin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:36 am UTC

Oh jeez wam better watch out everyone's going to come down on you like a ton of bricks for rolefishing apparently.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4565
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:40 am UTC

wam wrote:
Vicarin wrote:@wam any explanation of what your theory is then?


I knew marines had been mentioned even if i didnt clock it was you and were in the game. Bodyguard would not make sense for any other role.


This argument only makes sense if scum has no safe claims.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Vicarin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:43 am UTC

I'm mainly finding it kind of weird because marines in particular haven't been mentioned. You could assume their presence from talk about the ship's ratings, but marines haven't been mentioned directly.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4565
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:46 am UTC

wam wrote:Actually just occurred to me. Madge can you claim your role?


And, yes, it is a bit weird that you're trying to clear Vicarin using the same argument that was made to vote him up in he first place

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Zenii » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:52 am UTC

wam wrote:However, I can't see Zens play as anything other than scummy.
Why does this matter? The hard evidence at this point should override your (incorrect) opinion. It's amazing to me that you were aware that heury was likely lying all this time and you have still been pushing me. It's really annoying to me that I think you're town and can't just chalk up your incorrectness to being scum.

btw @ plytho regarding Madge bread crumbing. Madge did crumb this game, I think. There's only one role off the top of my head that I think goes with her crumb. If it is that role, I have high doubts of her vig crumb. But there could be others. I haven't really looked into it yet. meant to mention this this morning but ran out of time. Be home in a bit.

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Zenii » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:56 am UTC

big claim *

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Zenii » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:58 am UTC

vig claim*

OK I really need to disable autocorrect.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby wam » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:58 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
wam wrote:
Vicarin wrote:@wam any explanation of what your theory is then?


I knew marines had been mentioned even if i didnt clock it was you and were in the game. Bodyguard would not make sense for any other role.


This argument only makes sense if scum has no safe claims.


So your saying that scum vics safe claim.lines up perfectly with his claimed power?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby wam » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:59 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:I'm mainly finding it kind of weird because marines in particular haven't been mentioned. You could assume their presence from talk about the ship's ratings, but marines haven't been mentioned directly.


Yeah I was trying to be subtle but failed. I am a marine as well.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby wam » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:00 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
wam wrote:Actually just occurred to me. Madge can you claim your role?


And, yes, it is a bit weird that you're trying to clear Vicarin using the same argument that was made to vote him up in he first place


I'm not using the same argument it's a different point that I'm not going to go into till Madge responds.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4565
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:56 am UTC

wam wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:
wam wrote:
Vicarin wrote:@wam any explanation of what your theory is then?


I knew marines had been mentioned even if i didnt clock it was you and were in the game. Bodyguard would not make sense for any other role.


This argument only makes sense if scum has no safe claims.


So your saying that scum vics safe claim.lines up perfectly with his claimed power?


:|
I'm saying it's null. What would be the point of a safe claim that didn't match?

I think Vic is indie.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:02 am UTC

wam wrote:That's from day 2 after the result.
No, that's from your N1 thoughts that you allegedly prepared on Sunday.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Vicarin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:11 am UTC

Do you have any particular kind of indie that you think I am Laserguy?

If you think that I have a Bodyguard safe claim, then that'd be pretty hard for me to win as an indie if there was another protective role in this game.

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Zenii » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:51 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
wam wrote:That's from day 2 after the result.
No, that's from your N1 thoughts that you allegedly prepared on Sunday.
holy shit

...

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Zenii » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:06 am UTC

Zenii wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
wam wrote:That's from day 2 after the result.
No, that's from your N1 thoughts that you allegedly prepared on Sunday.
holy shit

...

Nevermind, wam adressed this here:
wam wrote:Also before we get in a pw style timings argument. I put in the action as soon as I saw night was called. When I reviewed Sunday I started to have doubts but decided to leave the action where it was.

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Zenii » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:30 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:First thoughts: it does not look good for Zenii that he claimed day ends if he is put at L-3. Sounds an awful lot like he knew about the executive order ability that ended the day and was coordinating with mafia to have it used.

Looking back on this, I just realized something. I think HA accidentally slipped information here. Scum, as a team, may very well have a 1-shot day ending ability similar to mine.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:00 am UTC

I'm currently focusing on my other ongoing game. It's going into night, so I'll have more time to focus on this one tomorrow. I'll catch up and give updated reads after work. Good night.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4565
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:25 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Do you have any particular kind of indie that you think I am Laserguy?


I think you're probably some sort of lyncher/assassin type role. I thought that was pretty obvious from the comments leading up to your wagon.

If you think that I have a Bodyguard safe claim, then that'd be pretty hard for me to win as an indie if there was another protective role in this game.


I'm not sure why you think this is the case. Bodyguard is not mutually exclusive with other protective roles. Regardless, my point here is that, not necessarily in your specific case, but in general, if the game is designed in such a way that claiming flavor will allow people to determine your alignment, then the setup is poorly designed and probably broken. If that were the case, the optimal play would be to mass claim D1, picked out the people with suspicious flavor, lynch them all, and be left with the people with conftown flavors. The whole point of having safeclaims or similar mechanics in the game is to prevent what you and wam are trying to do here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:30 am UTC

On further reflection I still don't like Vicarin's 'defense' that the lyncher's obvious target should be the first officer. I think that is more likely a deflection rather than a true townie thought. Also I'm bothered about the (admitted) role-fishing, I think the benefits do not outweigh the harm it could cause (especially if there is really a lyncher out there). The rest of his content seems consistent with his claim and the rold makes sense, however that could also be a false-claim prepared from the start.

With Zen still not providing anything, George going afk and plytho not wanting to share D2 I really think we need to get moving.

Vote: Vicarin

Ninja-d by LaserGuy.

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Zenii » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:32 am UTC

I'm here sabar. Please don't lynch vic. I'm almost done. I will post tonight as promised. I even had an 16oz coffee just for the occasion.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby bessie » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:40 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Watching all this speculation about why I want the role names is kinda weird. I think role names may be useful because scum may not have false claims or have bad ones. The main flaw with this (which I am astounded that no-one has said) is that I suspect scum will have infiltrated the command structure of the ship and so have seemingly legitimate roles, but hey, I can hope. If you're going to pin me as a lyncher, then I guess pointing out that the first officer, the obvious target for a lyncher, has already been claimed by Zenii and I'm trying my goddamn hardest to lynch him, but then that doesn't fit into the narrative of why me wanting role names is scummy. Oh well.
You are trying too hard to make the game fit the flavor, and using it as an excuse for rolefishing. I don’t see any gameplay reason the first officer would be the most likely target.

Vicarin wrote: How about this: I'm a (almost certainly The, but who knows) Marine Sergeant. If anyone wants to try to figure out my role from that, be my guest, and then I'll admit that this was a bad idea and I'll never bring it up again. Goodness knows how anyone would figure out what a Psi Ops officer did without a ton of guesses.
So the two role names/powers which from your point of view are confirmed in the game don’t even fit with your excuse for role fishing? Then why did you continue?

Vicarin wrote: @bessie: why do I decide? Because it's up to me where I put my vote. Hey, you've decided that asking for role names is scummy? Who are you to decide what constitutes good town play? Maybe I'm just playing badly!

Seriously though, if making value judgements about other people's play isn't how you decide what behaviour to vote for, what is?
You still don’t get my point. Yes it is up to you to decide how you want to play, and where you want to put your vote. You’re the one that said “it is possible people just play the game incorrectly” so you must think there’s a correct way to play. And again, that’s your opinion, and that’s ok. My issue with you is that you fail to acknowledge that just because you don’t like someone’s playstyle it doesn’t necessarily make it wrong, and it doesn’t necessarily make them scum. There are, um, players that play differently than me, and who I clash with in every game. Ok, I think it’s no secret one of them is Madge. Madge and I are complete polar opposites. I end up reading her as scummy every game. But I try very hard to read her for her content, not because she doesn’t play the game the way I play. And I know Sabrar believes otherwise, but I do consider Madge’s meta when I read her. I’m going to be considering it this game. Because I’m not buying her breadcrumb explanation. She claims she hasn’t breadcrumb recently, but Secret Santa 2017 is fairly recent. Madge loves to breadcrumb and doesn’t always even reveal them. I only discovered the MMM II breadcrumb recently when I was looking for something else but I can’t remember when.

Anyway, where was I?

Sabrar wrote:I just want to note that I totally support Vicarin's pov in this debate. That's why this game is interesting because all of us have different ideas about what is scummy. We can obviously disagree about the other player's reasoning and find them scummy for their pov but everyone should be entitled to their own opinion.
Another guy that totally missed my point. And Vicarin is the one setting the bar for correct play, not me. I’m the one pointing out that someone being “wrong” isn’t necessarily scummy, sometimes they’re just wrong.

Vicarin wrote:@plytho: I mean, do you want me to answer the one that you think I should, or the one I honestly think and then you go 'the hell that's your actual answer' and I go 'it is' and then you start questioning why I would think that?
Interesting, you are aware that he may be looking for a “right” answer.

Zenii wrote:@sabrar, we have a lot of time to do as many lynches as we need. There is no need to rush it. Why are you trying to rush it? I have outgoing questions for vic.
Interesting after you were so anxious to get a quick lynch on heury.

Vicarin wrote:I'm the town Bodyguard.

Which makes me almost certain that we don't have a doc,
Why? You are trying to game the game.

Vicarin wrote:Things I guessed from my role:

-Town powers are nerfed compared to usual

-Entirely likely that there's no vanilla town.

-Scum strongman doesn't exist, scum role blocker may exist but not completely necessary.

-Doubtful that scum would be able to reverse engineer powers from roles as the only strong correlation is not in the game.
Please explain why there can’t be an indie bodyguard, a doctor, and a strongman all in the same game.

Vicarin wrote:Do you have any particular kind of indie that you think I am Laserguy?

If you think that I have a Bodyguard safe claim, then that'd be pretty hard for me to win as an indie if there was another protective role in this game.
You might want to look at this . And don’t forget to answer my previous question.

Zenii wrote:I don't think him getting caught up in the names is any indication of his alignment, just personality.
Really, you think the role name fishing was just because Vicarin was getting caught up in the flavor, and you are totally dismissing that he may be indie looking for a target (or I guess he could be scum looking for a power role)?

Ninja'd by a few.

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Zenii » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:41 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:On further reflection I still don't like Vicarin's 'defense' that the lyncher's obvious target should be the first officer. I think that is more likely a deflection rather than a true townie thought.
Personality. Even when proven wrong, he thinks that it's his primary instinct to win arguments. See: position on not lynching in NNY.

Post Game Edit: Personality. Even when proven wrong, he thinks that it's his primary instinct to win arguments. See: position on not lynching in NNY.
Last edited by Zenii on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:31 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Zenii » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:48 am UTC

bessie wrote:Interesting after you were so anxious to get a quick lynch on heury.
heury was scum, vic is not.

I fully understand where you're coming from though. You're just wrong on this one.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Vicarin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:22 am UTC

bessie wrote:You still don’t get my point. Yes it is up to you to decide how you want to play, and where you want to put your vote. You’re the one that said “it is possible people just play the game incorrectly” so you must think there’s a correct way to play. And again, that’s your opinion, and that’s ok. My issue with you is that you fail to acknowledge that just because you don’t like someone’s playstyle it doesn’t necessarily make it wrong, and it doesn’t necessarily make them scum. There are, um, players that play differently than me, and who I clash with in every game. Ok, I think it’s no secret one of them is Madge. Madge and I are complete polar opposites. I end up reading her as scummy every game. But I try very hard to read her for her content, not because she doesn’t play the game the way I play. And I know Sabrar believes otherwise, but I do consider Madge’s meta when I read her. I’m going to be considering it this game. Because I’m not buying her breadcrumb explanation. She claims she hasn’t breadcrumb recently, but Secret Santa 2017 is fairly recent. Madge loves to breadcrumb and doesn’t always even reveal them. I only discovered the MMM II breadcrumb recently when I was looking for something else but I can’t remember when.


Oh, I do understand that not liking someone's playstyle doesn't make it wrong, and it doesn't make them scum. Very, very aware. I was saying that there are actions that if taken by town are so ridiculously counterproductive for what town is trying to do that they are objectively bad. Like, if given an unlimited use day end power similar to what Zenii displayed, if a townie kept using that within an hour of day starting, they are objectively throwing the game and playing against their win condition. Now, it's rare to have any actions that are that objectively bad (I think that if Zenii is town, setting up that L-3 threshold and not warning anyone about it is pretty goddamn close and would agree with Sabrar's comment on the matter), but if I'm trying to work out whether people are scum or townie without extensive meta knowledge, I have pretty limited info to go on, so the easiest yardstick to use is to use what I think is good to do, and judge people based on that.

Here's a question: you said after the NNY mafia that I was your only solid town read that entire game. Why did I seem so townie to you? Was it because I did stuff that you believe is good for town? Or was it because I did stuff that you would do as town? Or something else?

bessie wrote:And Vicarin is the one setting the bar for correct play, not me. I’m the one pointing out that someone being “wrong” isn’t necessarily scummy, sometimes they’re just wrong.


You seem awfully unwilling to give me the benefit of the doubt for someone not setting a bar for correct play. Why can't I just be wrong about it being a good idea to start role name claiming? (I was really just hoping to get Madge's name today and then see what comes up from flips tomorrow but OH WELL)

bessie wrote:Why? You are trying to game the game.


Of course I'm trying to game the game, I'd like to win, and I'll use the tools I'm given. It's exceedingly unlikely that there would be more than 1 protective role in a game this size without more than 1 NK going around, and I sincerely doubt we have a full doctor with how unfair that would be for scum in this setup. So, I'll work based on those assumptions.

You're happy using the meta of other players when judging them, why not the meta of game setups? Is there no setup outlandish enough for a minimal bastardry game that you can rule it out with no other info?

bessie wrote:You might want to look at this


Seriously, you're worried I might be a Guardian Angel? For what, scum? If not scum, why on earth do you care what I'm doing?

Someone's going to have to explain how a lyncher bodyguard could work because that role sounds hilarious.

bessie wrote:Please explain why there can’t be an indie bodyguard, a doctor, and a strongman all in the same game.


I guess it's technically feasible that there could be a GA (can't think of another indie bodyguard role), a Doctor, and a strongman in the same game, sure. I'm working from what I guessed from looking at my role though, and I know that my role is town.

Zenii wrote:
Sabrar wrote:On further reflection I still don't like Vicarin's 'defense' that the lyncher's obvious target should be the first officer. I think that is more likely a deflection rather than a true townie thought.
Personality. Even when proven wrong, he thinks that it's his primary instinct to win arguments. See: position on not lynching in NNY.


I'm going to maintain that I was still correct in that argument but sure, I do want to win arguments. :D

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Vicarin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:25 am UTC

@Zenii: Ok, with all you've been doing today, I'm actually feeling a fair bit better about you overall. However, if you're town, that D1 play was still really, really bad overall.

My main hangup is that I just can't square this post

Zenii wrote:Don't care, it's not like you can lynch me for it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


with a town attitude. Why did you make it? And I'm not feeling much better about the way I've actually asked you this before and you didn't seem to respond.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 am UTC

On further reflection I'm willing to wait for plytho's info before coming to a decision about Zen.
We still need to lynch someone else today and preferably 2 players. George is an obvious choice.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:35 am UTC

Zenii wrote:btw @ plytho regarding Madge bread crumbing. Madge did crumb this game, I think. There's only one role off the top of my head that I think goes with her crumb. If it is that role, I have high doubts of her vig crumb. But there could be others. I haven't really looked into it yet. meant to mention this this morning but ran out of time. Be home in a bit.


I did not crumb this game and I will not ever point to a crumb.

I'm not a marine, I'm willing to claim today I guess but I'd prefer to claim tomorrow unles you lot are gonna execute me otherwise.

I'm finding it hard to follow on with the volume of posts - are people changing their mind on Zen? I think Zen's the best choice we have right now...
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:55 am UTC

Madge wrote:are people changing their mind on Zen? I think Zen's the best choice we have right now...
plytho claims to have info that might clear Zen.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:57 am UTC

bessie wrote:Because I’m not buying her breadcrumb explanation. She claims she hasn’t breadcrumb recently, but Secret Santa 2017 is fairly recent. Madge loves to breadcrumb and doesn’t always even reveal them. I only discovered the MMM II breadcrumb recently when I was looking for something else but I can’t remember when.
Madge revealed that one in the game.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:06 am UTC

bessie wrote:Another guy that totally missed my point.
And I'm not saying what you're attributing to me. We can pick this up after game (again) if you want, I think there is a fine line here that you think Vicarin and myself have crossed which I do not believe to be the case.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Vicarin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:07 am UTC

I would be perfectly happy with EGW being lynched now for the incredible lurking, but it seems kinda rude with the promise of content. Game is moving so fast though.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4565
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:28 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Someone's going to have to explain how a lyncher bodyguard could work because that role sounds hilarious.


Well, the fact that you obviously don't understand what I'm suggesting means you probably don't have a safeclaim :roll:

Unvote

This is the theory:
Spoiler:
Okay, you're scum, or lyncher, or whatever. You get your role PM that says "Hey, your flavor name is Jaime Lannister, you're mafia, and you're a roleblocker. Have fun"

You then have a second part of your role PM says "Just in case you want to claim, nobody in the game is named Eddard Stark, and the town role PM for Eddard is a cop".

Your real role is scum roleblocker, but if you're asked to claim, you may have a partial, or full role town role PM available, in this example, the cop, that you can use to safely conceal both your identity and your abilities. In pretty much any game where there is a major flavor component, like this one, I can basically 100% guarantee that scum will have a safe flavor name that will look indistinguishable from townies. There's a decent chance that they will also have safe powers that will be indistinguishable to townies, or at least have a good idea of what kinds of roles are going to be safe to claim. So if you're genuinely Town looking for information from role names to try to figure out who is Town, if the mod has any idea what they're doing, you're not going to get anywhere in this sort of scheme. Because mods generally do know what they're doing and don't allow their games to be broken in really trivial ways. So if you're going around looking for this kind of information in-game, odds are good that you're going to get the response you received... people are going to think you've got a win condition that is somehow tied to a specific player with a specific name (e.g. lyncher), because it is very unusual for this information to otherwise be game-relevant.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4565
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:33 am UTC

Vote: EGW

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:34 am UTC

I'm all for lynching George but we should at least show some amount of courtesy by waiting for his content.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:37 am UTC

@bessie: are you laser-focused on Vicarin and Madge? Do you have any opinion on the rest of stuff that's been happening?

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby Vicarin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:11 am UTC

Oh, I understand how a safeclaim works Laserguy :D Don't you worry about that. I've read enough of these games.

It's just bessie was implying I could be an indie bodyguard, and yet she'd been reading me as a lyncher the entire time, which seems to imply that I was some sort of lyncher bodyguard monstrosity. So that comment wasn't directed at you.

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby somitomi » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:43 am UTC

wam wrote:That is what I thought. What is missing from your picture and I was hoping to save this till end game. I had a 1 shot cop power which I used on sabrar last night. I got a town/une result So I wrote that from thinking sabrar was con town. I actually don't believe h_a claim as there was no mentions of one shot and I doubt we have a 1 shot cop and a full cop.

Okay there really seems to be an overabundance of cop-like claims.
freezeblade wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:I think plytho has probably cleared [Zenii].


I keep going back over the thread to see where Zenii is "cleared" by plytho, and I can't see it, can someone explain this to me?

LaserGuy claims to have an idea of what plytho is hinting at. I personally don't see it but the tone seems to imply they wouldn't want to give details.
Vicarin wrote:Do you have any particular kind of indie that you think I am Laserguy?

If you think that I have a Bodyguard safe claim, then that'd be pretty hard for me to win as an indie if there was another protective role in this game.

Possibly noob question, but why?
—◯-◯
FG Discord

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D2 - Awakening

Postby plytho » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:41 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:
plytho wrote:wait, are you saying you'd lynch him if you believed he was town?

I feel like you are willfully mis-interpreting my post. Please read again, I'm not sure how I can make what I posted more clear.
Well, you seem to be saying even if I have info that could clear Zen, that's no reason to keep the liar alive, right?


Vicarin wrote:@plytho: how the hell would 2 bodyguards protecting the same person interact?
It’s funny how you can imagine many roles for a medical officer but can’t come up with ways to handle two bodyguards.

Some possibilities:
fixed order: if A and B are protecting the same person, A will take the hit
Whoever posted their action last (or first)
Both get hit

freezeblade wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:I think plytho has probably cleared [Zenii].


I keep going back over the thread to see where Zenii is "cleared" by plytho, and I can't see it, can someone explain this to me?
I never said I cleared Zen that’s LaserGuy’s interpretation of the info I’ve shared so far. I am saying there’s a high probability that I’ll clear him with my full claim (or flip) tomorrow though.

The reason I’m not full claiming yet is that I don’t want scum to go into N2 with even more claims than they have right now.

Two ways things can go today:

A You accept what I claimed today and wait for my full claim/flip D3 and figure out Zen
B You don’t accept and still want to lynch Zen, I full claim today, you agree with my reasoning and wait until D3 to figure out Zen

The difference between the two is in scenario B you get my full claim before N2.

(There’s also scenario C where you lynch Zen while I’m not around to claim, which is the scummiest possible thing to do.)

wam wrote:Scum Zen town plytho - this would rely on however plytho wants to clear Zen being incorrect.
Town zen town plytho - this is what plytho wants us to believe. And can validate tomorrow.
I think the latter is much more likely than the former but it depends on heury’s flip.

Evil George Washington wrote:I'm currently focusing on my other ongoing game. It's going into night, so I'll have more time to focus on this one tomorrow. I'll catch up and give updated reads after work. Good night.
I’ll note that this post was
Sabrar wrote:I'm all for lynching George but we should at least show some amount of courtesy by waiting for his content.
That doesn’t mean we can’t put some votes up to show we’re serious.

I’m strongly against lynching the following people today:
Me ;)
Zen (well documented)
Sabrar (two cops claiming he’s town)
Wam (counterclaims a lynched cop claim)

Also don’t want to lynch:
Madge (I want to let her use her power), still suspicious of her though
LaserGuy (feels townie)
Bessie (no solid read on her, but she has content and it isn’t pinging me)

People I won’t object to
Freezeblade
Somitomi
Vicarin

People I’d like to lynch today:
Evil George Washington (lurking and that absolutely terrible excuse for weak reads)

I kind of feel scum is hiding among the less active players. Some thoughts on people I have no strong opinion of:

Freezeblade: hasn’t talked about anyone but Zen today, stretching his town credit from the RB claim pretty thin.

Somitomi: I don’t know what his opinion is on anyone.

LaserGuy: I still like LaserGuy, he’s felt pretty townie all game, he’s active and engaging. His reaction after the heury lynch felt very townie.

Bessie: uncharacteristically hasn’t made a reads list yet, this game. And, as Sabrar pointed out has focussed mostly on Madge and Vicarin so far. More opinions are needed.

Vicarin: I need to think through vicarins claim and the implications. His role doesn’t explain the rolefishing at all though

@Freezeblade
@Madge
@somitomi

I’d really like to see some opinions from each of you on people who aren’t Zen. Ideally in an ordered reads list.



Thought on heuristically_alone: I’m starting to think he may be indie. At the start of D2 it was clear he hadn’t paid attention to what Zen did D1. Which is weird for both town and scum as both should be quite aware of what happened. His cop claim doesn’t make any sense for scum. But wam’s counterclaim strongly implies heury isn’t town.

vote: Evil George Washington
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests