Meta Mafia II: Day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Re: Meta Mafia II: Pre-game

Postby plytho » Fri May 25, 2018 4:08 pm UTC

Hmm, that's a good point. I wouldn't bet on the rolecop hitting someone with a PR N1, though. And depending on flips we may already have the necessary information. So I feel like this is a discussion we should continue D2 and until we're done there my opinion is to hold the fruit claims.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 25, 2018 4:32 pm UTC

This is so exciting! I love everyone is roleplaying and all of the new avatars.

Just so everyone knows, I won't be around much this weekend because I will be going on vacation to see my parents. The boys haven't seen their grandparents since Easter so it's going to be really great to see them again BUT it's a FIVE HOUR train ride and ferry ride for them which is just crazy for a regular weekend. Normally we only go on long weekends but it's my niece's birthday on Sunday so obviously we just have to go. So between now and Monday don't expect to hear much from me!

Right now I don't like Sabrar because I WANTED TO BE PEACEFUL WHALE. I had this whole story written of how I would be like Columbo, seeming to ask silly questions and not really paying attention. bessie would be tunneling me all game and I'd be just avoiding the lynch thanks to Madge and jimbob. And then just as I'm about to be tragically lynched--BAM!--the whole scum team is caught and Peaceful Whale saves the day. It was fantastic and Sabrar ruined it. And he's Town this game so I won't even get the satisfaction of lynching him.

I also don't like moody, SDK, mpolo and freezeblade for choosing players that I have never heard of before. Seriously you guys, it's 2018. Who are these people? Where's LaserGuy? plytho? BoomFrog? somitomi? Hari Seldon? You are all no fun at all. I don't usually vote D1, but if I did it would be for one of you. Well, it would actually be for Vicarin, because he's scum, but you guys are all on my naughty list too.

Vicarin wrote:What's everyone's favourite number from 1 to 14?

Ooh! This is a great question. I'm going to go with 4, because my son will be 4 in two weeks.

What number do you HATE from 1 to 14?

2, because my other son will be 2 in a few months and he's going to be terrifying!

wam

Postby wam » Fri May 25, 2018 4:33 pm UTC

I'm away th8s weekend so won't be able to live up to the posting rate!

So 2/3 of SDK, jimbob and vicarin are scum. Discuss
Come join us playing mafia signup here

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri May 25, 2018 4:48 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I also don't like moody, SDK, mpolo and freezeblade for choosing players that I have never heard of before. Seriously you guys, it's 2018. Who are these people?

Smark (Snark) played as recently as 2015 Secret Santa! (I do think that was his last game though)
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri May 25, 2018 4:54 pm UTC

Sungura was one of the founding members. She has re-appeared a couple of times relatively recent-ish. (I have asked her for an Avatar from back then. It will surely be a bunny.)
Image <-- Evil experiment

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 25, 2018 5:42 pm UTC

DJ modded one of my favourite games on this site, MMM! (And I'm not just saying that because I alone won the game, either :P ). He deserved a spot here. Plus, wasn't he around to mod the last Halloween? Oh, no, that was a year and a half ago. My mistake. Maybe I should have picked someone more recent.

(LaserGuy's roleplaying of Madge is bang on, by the way! :lol: )

Sabrar wrote:If scum has JOAT + Roleblocker they already knew the setup because those 2 don't occur anywhere else together.
They gain some info if it's Strongman + Rolecop, though due precisely to Rolecop they might have figured it out already.
Meanwhile if we have a Cop s/he will know that there is no GF or SK, meaning any result they have can be trusted 100%.
We will all know that we don't have look for SK and can focus on uncovering connections between scum.
I think we gain more info.

This is a good point.

wam wrote:So 2/3 of SDK, jimbob and vicarin are scum. Discuss

Why are you picking on me all of a sudden!? It's only Day 1. Seriously, can't you guys just let things go?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 25, 2018 5:44 pm UTC

(freezeblade's avatar, if you want it: http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/de ... e_id=42656 )

Also, I suggest we never, ever refer to each other by meta name. Changing avatars and roleplaying is confusing enough, please everyone just call people by their usernames!
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri May 25, 2018 5:45 pm UTC

Time for a Smark tradition, D1 lack of information results in arbitrary random groupings and analysis!

Team Cantalope:
SDK (as DJ)
Mark_Cangila (as SDK)
wam (as Sabrar)

Team Toast:
mpolo (as Sungara)
Vicarin (as Zen)
Madge (as bessie)

Team Orange:
Jimbobmacdoodle (as Freezeblade)
moody (as Vytron)
Laserguy (as Madge)

Team Green:
threetwoone (as h_a)
Sabrar (as peaceful whale)
plytho (as jimbob)

Right off the bat Team Orange is clearly suspect, Vytron and Freezeblade together are scummy scummy, even with Madge to balance it out a bit. Team Toast is obv-town, even with Zen being there. Green is my favorite color, so I'm a fan of Team green, I am getting indie vibes with them though. Cantalope is better than honeydew (which is a garbage filler fruit on the mixed fruit salad bowl of this game), so they're alright I guess.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri May 25, 2018 5:53 pm UTC

I don't really get the RP thing (since I haven't seen you guys' meta yet.) I'll try to play though. This'll be fun!

threetwoone

Postby threetwoone » Fri May 25, 2018 6:13 pm UTC

and why am i on the only non-fruit team?
---Three Two One!---

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri May 25, 2018 6:30 pm UTC

threetwoone wrote:and why am i on the only non-fruit team?

Selected randomly, but Toast isn't a fruit, and Orange can be fruit or color!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 25, 2018 7:32 pm UTC

Hi! Are you familiar with heury? Can you be as active here as in the Forum Games section? How do you plan to hunt scum?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri May 25, 2018 8:08 pm UTC

Urrgghh... Still hating D1. Nothing changed there.
Vytron at this point might claim scum, but I don't believe fake-scum-claims are within freezeblade's meta? Anyway, I don't see why you would think this. I assume you chose us because all three of us have random votes on you?

I can't speak for the others, but I chose to randomly vote wam before I saw Vicarin's post, which was made whilst I was thinking about what to write. Vicarin's vote is not noteworthy because it was first. Aside from that, he hasn't posted anything worthy of note apart from asking a pretty worthless question, in my opinion. Too early to judge there. SDK is well known for seeking to put pressure on people, so I don't think it's indicative of him being scum. Between him and Vicarin, I'd put the latter at more suspicious, but not because of his vote.
freezeblade wrote:vote: Jimbobmacdoodle
Much better.

On receiving fruit and claiming it, I think I lean towards Sabrar's opinion in that it gives us more useful info than scum, but I also agree that it's not something we need to worry about for now (for all we know, the theoretical Fruit Vendor or their recipient might be dead by D2, and the lack of a fruit-received claim could simply mean that the vendor was blocked).

LaserGuy wrote:And [Sabrar]'s Town this game so I won't even get the satisfaction of lynching him.
What makes you think that?

I vaguely recall playing a game with Snark before. I can't remember which (Smalltown 2 maybe? possibly more recent than that), and not getting the grouping mechanic then either. I can't say I blame you for finding Team Orange scummy though, due to its team members.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:33 pm UTC

Dislike no. 6, Like no. 12

LG!Madge wrote:I also don't like moody, SDK, mpolo and freezeblade for choosing players that I have never heard of before. Seriously you guys, it's 2018. Who are these people? Where's LaserGuy? plytho? BoomFrog? somitomi? Hari Seldon?

I believe in my case, LG!Madge is forgetting the whole "English" incident in the first Ghost game. Other people have also mentioned their picks are fairly recent to, so moving on.

I like bunnies, so I might be lulled into false security. Maybe keep a eye on them.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri May 25, 2018 8:37 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I vaguely recall playing a game with Snark before. I can't remember which (Smalltown 2 maybe? possibly more recent than that), and not getting the grouping mechanic then either. I can't say I blame you for finding Team Orange scummy though, due to its team members.

You were in the game I got it from, Secret Santa 2015. It's a random grouping mechanic that is meant to create discussion and contrasting like-groups.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri May 25, 2018 10:44 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:You were in the game I got it from, Secret Santa 2015. It's a random grouping mechanic that is meant to create discussion and contrasting like-groups.
I've been here that long??? *Checks* :shock: :shock: :shock:
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 25, 2018 11:52 pm UTC

Ok, time for some actual setup analysis as all this roleplaying is getting super confusing.

The setups where mafia doesn't know what setup it is are 6 and 10, 7 and 8, and 9 and 14. Most of these of these, mafia have a rolecop anyway. So realistically, any claims aren't going to narrow down the setups too much for mafia.

On the other hand, there are 2 wolf setups and 3 SK setups that the wolf's/SK would loooove to distinguish between, so they would probably benefit the most from the setup info, if they exist.

Discussing other strategies for people seems inadvisable seeing how many would have to be mentioned, so we'd probably get bogged down disagreeing about how to play a role that isn't even in the game...

LG is channeling Madge rather creepily well.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat May 26, 2018 12:16 am UTC

Welcome threetwoone! Do you have any experience playing mafia? What pronouns should we use for you? (You can post them in the pronoun thread so people can refer to them in the future)

Sorry I’m not posting earlier, for those of you who don’t know, I’m one of the few of us who doesn’t post at work. It’s not banned but our computers are monitored and I really should be setting a good example for everyone else (and not just in the amazing manicure department). I can pop in on my phone to check votals and maybe change my vote before deadline, but not much more than that.

freezeblade wrote:Anyone who votes for people off of their confirmation post will get a vote from me, fair warning.

Why is that? Do you not want us to catch scum? I’ve got a great record of catching scum from their confirmation posts, and I was hoping to continue that streak this game.

However, Laserguy’s confirmpost is a pretty normal Madge confirmpost (maybe I should find it scummy because it’s restrained by her standards?), and everyone else’s was very normal. So that streak is gone; very upsetting.

I do think that Mark’s question about PMs is scummy. I think Mark’s an intelligent guy who isn’t going to need much advice from the mod, so I’m suspicious that Mark was trying to send daychat to his scumbuddies.

plytho wrote:I'm sort of assuming 10-3 no daychat until we start dropping power roles to narrow down the options.

That’s interesting. Why would you assume something that’s the most advantageous to town? Shouldn’t we be operating under the assumption that the mafia are coordinating in real time? I think you’re trying to lead us into a false sense of security. Once we get flips we’ll have some good guesses to make, but until then we need to be conservative.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:On receiving fruit and claiming it, I think I lean towards Sabrar's opinion in that it gives us more useful info than scum, but I also agree that it's not something we need to worry about for now (for all we know, the theoretical Fruit Vendor or their recipient might be dead by D2, and the lack of a fruit-received claim could simply mean that the vendor was blocked).

How do we actually benefit from claiming fruit? It allows a fruit vendor to prove they’re the vendor, making them a kind of Named Townie. But scum isn’t going to lie about receiving fruit, unless it’s to contradict the vendor. So I think people shouldn’t claim receiving fruit unless we need to narrow down the setups to one that includes the vendor for some reason, which I think is unlikely for a while. The strength of the fruit vendor is being able to claim who received their fruits.

Back in 10ish hours.

----

(OOC: For the record I've been around the block I've heard about all these people and played with all of them except Sangura, and the English incident is my second favourite achievement on the fora after my Batman VS The Joker assassins game-breaking strategy. It's been a while since I've done something like that so I guess I'm due.)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat May 26, 2018 12:52 am UTC

Madge wrote:I do think that Mark’s question about PMs is scummy. I think Mark’s an intelligent guy who isn’t going to need much advice from the mod, so I’m suspicious that Mark was trying to send daychat to his scumbuddies.

What about the question I asked about Werewold/SK. Where is your answer to that?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat May 26, 2018 12:55 am UTC

EBWOP *Werewolf

wam

Postby wam » Sat May 26, 2018 8:27 am UTC

I'm so confused by all the avatars changes!

@freeze snark was the one player who could always call.me correctly as scum so no pressure!

Mpolo are you playing in accordance with sunguras rules?

Mark seems a lot more chatty than last game which I am giving townie points for.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 26, 2018 9:03 am UTC

I feel bad for moody, nobody picked him... :(
So in honor of him here are some early reads:

freezeblade: his content is mostly about irrelevant things, needs jimbob to remind him that his actions don't follow his words. Scummy.
jimbob: considers wam's request seriously, I don't really understand, especially from him as he's in the scum-list, so WINE. Also defends SDK??? Why would you do that? However he has a tendency to appear scummy so... Neutral
LaserGuy: only one post so far but it seems like a perfect blend between style and content. I think he's usually very sure in his reads though he's quite often wrong... But he could be scum sheeping me?? I would feel honored! Can't decide, please post more!
Madge: as usual bessie jumps to early conclusions that I don't agree with. It feels very weird hearing those thoughts from Madge, could be the mod is secretly mentoring her?? Wouldn't that be against the rules? However I like how she's asking questions so she can be in the nice list for now.
Mark: something feels off about the pre-game question and he hasn't tried to participate yet. Scummy
real moody: no real content... :(
mpolo: just some setup-speculation. Makes jokes. Scummy
plytho: he disagrees with me about logic. plytho NEVER disagrees with me about logic... Feels off, best bet for Lone Wolf.
SDK: seems to talk a lot but actually hasn't said anything of importance... Although I do agree that we need to reign in the meta-names. Scummy
321: lurking which is not allowed. There are plenty of opportunities for him to join the game. Scummy.
Vicarin: feels like he wants to stifle discussion? That can't be good... Setup-analysis is pretty basic. Scummy
wam: huh... he is eager to start but shortly after says that he'll be away. What's up with that? And why does he say 2/3? What does he know about the third? ... And then he comes back with a nonchalant attitude about being called scummy? And calling Mark townie just because he's chatting without content? I don't like this. Scummy.

wam

Postby wam » Sat May 26, 2018 9:36 am UTC

@Sabrar

The eagerness was me trying to live up to your meta.

The 2/3 thing was I always think people who pile onto to rvs are scummy and I was fishing for reactions.

On Mark he seemed to lurk a lot as scum not getting that this time round.

And with the fact I'm always considered scummy d1 I am just rolling with it.

threetwoone

Postby threetwoone » Sat May 26, 2018 12:35 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Hi! Are you familiar with heury? Can you be as active here as in the Forum Games section? How do you plan to hunt scum?
1. haha not really
2. No, because it takes more thought to post something in Mafia then in Forum Games.
3. Somehow. I’m not expecting a lot of my reads to be right because this is only my 3rd online mafia game, but I’ll see what I can do.
---Three Two One!---

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat May 26, 2018 12:49 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:
Madge wrote:I do think that Mark’s question about PMs is scummy. I think Mark’s an intelligent guy who isn’t going to need much advice from the mod, so I’m suspicious that Mark was trying to send daychat to his scumbuddies.

What about the question I asked about Werewold/SK. Where is your answer to that?

Sorry!

According to the setup, we have 14 possibilities:
2/14 werewolf
3/14 SK

Which means that we have a 5/14 of having either. So it’s more likely that we have neither, but still worth being concerned about. Now, if I have a power role, I might have better information than the above, but I’m not going to reveal it for obvious reasons. Were you hoping I’d slip and reveal what my role was?

wam wrote:I'm so confused by all the avatars changes!

Me too but I think it’s part of the fun so I’m dealing with it!

wam wrote:Mpolo are you playing in accordance with sunguras rules?

For the newbies: Sangura was famous for never telling a lie, ever, but also having a sort of code of honour that meant she would never out and out claim she was town, since it would mean that if she ever was mafia people would suspect her for not admitting she was town. I never got to play with her but it sounds like it was an interesting playstyle.

Last meta mafia game Adam H, who was assigned Sangura, claimed town right when a wagon started forming. He had a posting restriction that meant he wasn’t allowed to lie, though.

wam wrote:Mark seems a lot more chatty than last game which I am giving townie points for.

Probably because all the PMs from his scumbuddies are keeping him logging into the forum.

Sabrar wrote:freezeblade: his content is mostly about irrelevant things, needs jimbob to remind him that his actions don't follow his words. Scummy.

What is there to be relevant about? It’s day one. Freezeblade is trying to make content like the rest of us. Interesting you pick on him for it.

Sabrar wrote:Madge: as usual bessie jumps to early conclusions that I don't agree with.

What don’t you agree with? I thought everything I said was perfectly honest. Should I start advocating to vote LaserGuy off so we can fight about that? Who rolled Sabrar again? We could make a lovely little pantomime of it.

Sabrar wrote:Mark: something feels off about the pre-game question and he hasn't tried to participate yet. Scummy

We agree on something? Reconsidering my read.

Sabrar wrote:321: lurking which is not allowed. There are plenty of opportunities for him to join the game. Scummy.

Point of order: 321 has requested “they” pronouns. Also, do you mind if we refer to you as 321 or should we type it out? I don’t think lurking is scummy yet because they haven’t played mafia before on this forum. Give them a chance to contribute before siccing yourself on them.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:55 pm UTC

The 9/2/2 setups seem to be the most worrysome to me, because you're into D3 before the possibility of 2 NKs goes away (assuming no crossfire of course). Every other role is fairly standard except for the much mentioned Fruit Vendor. I have no comment on how they should go about their buisness.

SDK is always a riddle wrapped inside an enigma wrapped in a taco. He claim VT and I'd be all "right, sure" untill he does one of his patented scum discetion posts of someone and be 100% correct, then really turn out to be the SK and destroy us all in ways too gruesome to say in this post. With Vicarin, I'm still trying to buld a notebook on him. jimbob I've seen enough of to get a good read eventually

@wam--what do you think of the set {Sabrar, Madge, fb}?

wam wrote:The 2/3 thing was I always think people who pile onto to rvs are scummy

I too once thought as you do, and I got shown an example where this was not the case (Dark Tower IIRC)

Sabrar wrote:I feel bad for moody, nobody picked him... :(

I think nobody wanted a challenge quite that high. Plus the setup format Diemo picked doesn't have a place to put a miller.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

threetwoone

Postby threetwoone » Sat May 26, 2018 12:57 pm UTC

please refer to my name as “threetwoone”, and not any other combination of symbols.
---Three Two One!---

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat May 26, 2018 12:59 pm UTC

Sorry for that threetwoone! I will do my best.

Nice of you to join us, moody. Do you have any actual opinions or just broad general statements and blase questions.

Why did you choose {Sabrar, Madge, fb} as the set to ask about?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat May 26, 2018 1:17 pm UTC

I don't have a lot of time today. But at least I got a new avatar. If the champions league final is boring, I'll get on then, otherwise, my analysis is going to have to wait until tomorrow.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat May 26, 2018 1:34 pm UTC

I have to go out of character to say:

OH MY GOD BUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:42 pm UTC

fb: fluffy in his first few posts, except for following through on his promised vote on policy that looks anti-SDK. Very Snark-like next post with the team division think. Any further comments on what he says re the teams would be OMGUS-lite since he's got me in the "shady character" bunch. Otherwise very superficial. Neutral-slightly scummy

jimbob: hates d1. joke votes wam. pokes fb on his vote policy and receives one. Some spec on the Fruit Vendor. pokes LG on his Sabrar comment. slightly townie

LaserGuy: just the one big post yet that is very in-character. insufficient data, except that the sureness on Sabrar seems a little over the top.

Madge: couple of welcomes, suspicious on Mark's question re PM use. suspicious of plytho for being too optimistic. several responses. somewhat snarky post directed at me (not very bessie of you :P). townie

Mark: asking about PM use. very interested in werewolves. nothing else. slightly scummy.

mpolo: interesting setup spec, zeroes in on the most town-favorable one right away. going to be careful not to call him Amy. slightly townie

plytho: role specs most town-freindly setup, curious about Sabrar's fruit advice. follows into a discussion that plytho feels can be put off until D2. townie

Sabrar: couple of PW-like posts. gets into discussion w/ plytho about claiming if receiving a fruit. more detailed setup spec, mostly along the lines of what scum can already know. reads list with basically everyone listed as scummy except jimbob. slightly townie

SDK: random votes wam. basic setup spec. reacts to wam's list in a blase way. neutral.

threetwoone: nothing of any depth. insufficient data.

Vicarin: joke votes wam. number question. setup spec mostly focused on knowledge, strategy discussion might be too wonky. neutral-slightly townie

wam: mostly fluff except for two things. very defensive of Mark, and the 2/3 list thing. in consideration of my opinion of Mark, I give him slightly scummy.

Madge wrote:Why did you choose {Sabrar, Madge, fb} as the set to ask about?

First players off the top of my head. Reread showed that wam's list was the three people who joke voted for him, so it's basically an OMGUS.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Sat May 26, 2018 4:17 pm UTC

Sorry guys, today is too busy/ the weather is too nice for mafia. I should have some time tomorrow though.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat May 26, 2018 4:24 pm UTC

I've decided to break my usual no-Mafia-at-the-weekend policy, since I have some time. I'll probably put together a preliminary reads list tomorrow afternoon/evening. However, it is still D1, so don't expect too much from me. However, here are some scattered thoughts on a quick re-skim of the thread.

moody7277 wrote:Plus the setup format Diemo picked doesn't have a place to put a miller.
If there had been, I fully expect that I'd be one.

@Sabrar - you found almost everybody scummy. How is that in any way useful? If you had to lynch somebody right now, who would it be?

FoS Sabrar

Madge gets bonus points for her role-playing of bessie, complete with gut town feeling on her.

@threetwoone, what are you planning on doing to help generate those reads?

Mark's follow-up on Madge re. the werewolf question concerns me more than the original question. Sounds like he might be fishing for setup info.

@Mark - why do you want to discuss Werewolves/SKs?

I know that moody likes his early reads lists, but his read on Sabrar feels a little off, given his stated comments regarding that read. Specifically, he seems to value Sabrar's discussion about the setup above the fact that he described everybody scummy.

@Moody - why have you put Sabrar as townie, given your statement about his reads list being almost all scum?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:54 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Moody - why have you put Sabrar as townie, given your statement about his reads list being almost all scum?

The Properly Paranoid Townie paradigm, although having almost everyone scummy may be taking it too far. Second-level thinking would seem to rule out a Sabrar-jimbob team since scum!Sabrar wouldn't want to bring attention to you by making you the only exception. Then again, you and he are perfectly capable of third-level gaming so :?

If I were going to watch anyone N1 based on current info, it'd be either Mark or wam, maybe LG.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 26, 2018 4:57 pm UTC

I don't like wam's response, it seems too defensive. OTOH I like threetwoone's answers, they can be my townie-friend.

Madge wrote: Freezeblade is trying to make content like the rest of us. Interesting you pick on him for it.
His relevant content to overall content ratio is even lower than others.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Sabrar - you found almost everybody scummy. How is that in any way useful?
1. I had a bit of fun channeling my first choice.
2. I think it generated useful reactions upon which I can base some of my reads. For example if moody is scum then his buddy is most likely you and not Madge or LaserGuy. But I think it's more likely that he's town.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:If you had to lynch somebody right now, who would it be?
Mark, Vicarin, wam or you. Cannot narrow it down further.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat May 26, 2018 7:22 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Mark's follow-up on Madge re. the werewolf question concerns me more than the original question. Sounds like he might be fishing for setup info.

@Mark - why do you want to discuss Werewolves/SKs?

I originally wanted to discuss them to start up conversation. I brought them back up as a counter to Madge's attack on me re: PMs. She hadn't answered a question about Werewolf/SK she said she would, which I found suspicious.

Re. The PM Question: I was just asking the mod a question about my role PM.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat May 26, 2018 7:24 pm UTC

Also, Re. Lurking: Last game I seemed to be lurking because I had no idea hat was happening.

Mark_Cangila

Re: Meta Mafia II: Day One

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat May 26, 2018 8:37 pm UTC

EBWOP Typing is hard on phone. *what

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun May 27, 2018 12:29 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:Mark: asking about PM use. very interested in werewolves. nothing else. slightly scummy.

Thanks for pointing that out, moody. It strikes me as a very newbie scum tactic, mafia wanting to ask around for any tips they can get on whether there’s any competition for them in the NK department. Your comments about wam are also very interesting. If one flips scum, the other should probably be executed, too.

Good to see jimbob agrees with me on the above and I’m not just thinking strange thoughts to myself.

Sabrar wrote:
Madge wrote: Freezeblade is trying to make content like the rest of us. Interesting you pick on him for it.
His relevant content to overall content ratio is even lower than others.

Lower than LaserGuy’s? I know it is a wonderful meta that we should all seek to emulate as much as possible, but did we read the same post? Laserguy has spent, like, three quarters of his posts telling us about his weekend plans. At least freezeblade is trying to do something other than mug everyone’s eyeballs and waste everyone’s time, you know?

Sabrar wrote:1. I had a bit of fun channeling my first choice.

Sorry for taking your first choice, if it helps I made a detailed four point plan for how I would play this meta and (I know this may be hard to believe) I was openly very, very excited about the possibility in my suggestion PM. My second choice was SDK, FWIW, and I demanded a day cop to best play his meta. Spoiler alert: I am not a day cop.

@Mark: Don’t worry too much. Fights and debates are part of the game, for better or for worse. I hope you won’t take it personally that I’m finding you scummy. Remember that scum will try and find townies scummy so they can get us to vote the wrong people off, so if you think I’m being unreasonable, see if you think I’m scum! (I’m not, but it’s something you could do). Or you could see if you can find a better target for town’s ire than yourself.

It’s very frustrating to be found scummy - believe me, I’ve been there (Madge, of course, not bessie, who has never been considered scummy in her life). It’s especially frustrating because when you’re town you don’t know who you want to vote off and it’s just all so overwhelming you want to cry. Whereas if you’re scum you kind of expect to be attacked and you know what to do (get anyone else voted off, except your buddy!)

Let me know if the strengths of my or anyone’s attacks are ruining the game for you and we’ll try to tone it down.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 27, 2018 3:36 am UTC

Madge wrote:Lower than LaserGuy’s?
Obviously. LaserGuy commits to 2 actual reads in his single post, freezeblade posted 6 times and the only relevant thing is his willingness to vote jimbob because of voting based on confirm-post (and he even needed reminding).

I wonder if Madge's role-pm contains a special rule that she must disagree with me as much as possible or if it's just her own initiative...

Return to “Mafia”