Meta Mafia II: Day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Re: Meta Mafia II: Day One

Postby Madge » Sun May 27, 2018 3:45 am UTC

Why are you so focused on my role and so unfocused on catching scum?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

threetwoone

Postby threetwoone » Sun May 27, 2018 4:15 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Madge wrote:Lower than LaserGuy’s?
Obviously. LaserGuy commits to 2 actual reads in his single post, freezeblade posted 6 times and the only relevant thing is his willingness to vote jimbob because of voting based on confirm-post (and he even needed reminding).

I wonder if Madge's role-pm contains a special rule that she must disagree with me as much as possible or if it's just her own initiative...
It’s definitely just her own intitative, she would’ve disagreed that she had that limitation if she had it
---Three Two One!---

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 27, 2018 4:23 am UTC

Madge wrote:Why are you so focused on my role and so unfocused on catching scum?
Seeing as both your premises are wrong I really don't know what you hope to accomplish here?

wam

Re: Meta Mafia II: Pre-game

Postby wam » Sun May 27, 2018 8:39 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:I don't like wam's response, it seems too defensive.

Firstly I'm to nonchalant now im too defensive make your mind up!

Sabrar, I'm getting a slightly wierd vibe off him this game.

Madge, I'm liking madges content but I don't know how much is my enjoyment of the role-playing leaching through

fb - more active than normal d1. So I'm giving a neutral read as added act9vity can come from scum as well.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun May 27, 2018 9:47 am UTC

I am having a lot of trouble separating the roleplaying from the scumhunting. LaserGuy is pretty brilliant in his Madge imitation, though.

I am a little concerned that SDK put wam at three votes during the joke phase. Wam responded with considering everyone who joke-voted him scummy, which may be an overreaction, yet understandable.

Mark_Cangila is under some pressure and not liking it. I didn't quite get where the pressure was coming from on first re-read.

wam asked about whether I was following Amy's rules. I'm not going to comment on that.

I am pretty neutral about the "fruit claims" topic. Once we are farther along, it should be clearer what we need to do.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 27, 2018 10:01 am UTC

wam wrote:Firstly I'm to nonchalant now im too defensive make your mind up!
Why do you blame me for changing your tone???

wam

Postby wam » Sun May 27, 2018 10:14 am UTC

I will try and hit the optimum middle for you :twisted:

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sun May 27, 2018 7:12 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Mark_Cangila is under some pressure and not liking it. I didn't quite get where the pressure was coming from on first re-read.

I'm fine with people scum-hunting. I'm not fine with people accusing someone of scum for trying to start conversation. While Scum might want to know about enemies in the "NK department," Town also want to know about potential issues. The fact that Madge entirely avoided my Werewolf/SK question until I brought it back up, then, while she did admit it was a bit of a problem, she said that it was unlikely. This is exactly what a Werewolf/SK would do. Steer conversation away from themselves.
Vote: Madge
For avoiding conversation about Werewolf/SK.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun May 27, 2018 9:09 pm UTC

I hate D1, so these reads will be brief. (Okay, that's a lie - I'm writing my full usually-spoilered notes in Gojoe, just to lessen the wall. If anybody wants to see them, I can post them in this thread instead). There's actually not all that much to go on so far. Are we just being less chatty than our past few games?

freezeblade - minimal content. What he has posted has largely been, from what I can tell, not to be taken too seriously (e.g. labelling team Orange as scummy for containing scummy characters, getting indie vibes from a team of 3, when there's at most 1 indie etc). I'm uncertain whether he is being serious with his vote on me (I'm assuming not). I don't think it's necessarily suspicious that he needed it pointing out that he should vote for me, as I think looking at the rest of his content, he wasn't being serious with the comment about voting for people voting over somebody's confirmation post. What is suspect is that he has no useful content so far. Scummy for essentially active lurking.

LaserGuy - only one post so far that is 90% role-playing fluff. There are two completely unsupported statements of alignment in there - Sabrar being town and Vicarin scum - with nothing to back them up. Indeed, Vicarin had only posted once up to that point, and it was largely a random question and a random vote on wam. I want him to explain these reads, and give any others after he is back. Insufficient data to be able to call an alignment.

Madge - somebody already mentioned this, but I'm scared I might be getting townie-vibes from Madge mostly because of her role-playing. I like how she is foucsing on Mark. It feels like a genuine suspicion, rather than something made up (aside - a scum!Mark flip doesn't confirm Madge as town, just as not-buddies-with-Mark). I also like, however, that she's not tunnelling on one player, and has needled other players with questionable content. I'd like a reads list from her at some point, to get an overall view of where she stands. Probably town.

Mark - I'm not sure how I feel about Mark. I previously said that his returning to the question of werewolves etc felt a bit like fishing, although on re-read, I can maybe see where he is coming from, given that Madge had promised a response. I do think that he needs to provide more content, in particular thoughts on players away from Madge. Slightly scummy.

@Mark - to be clear, are you accusing Madge of being the SK/a werewolf?

moody - Nothing particular stands out to me about moody's play. His reads list seems solid enough, although one or two of his conclusions are a little bit of a stretch, in my opinion (see my comments about his Sabrar read earlier, plus mpolo for discussing the setup??). His opinions on most players though seem to broadly match my own. Slightly townie.

mpolo - Not said much really. I find it slightly weird that he said that he was concerned with SDK putting wam on three votes, but also finding wam's response an overreaction. Otherwise, nothing really suspicious, or particularly townie in his posts either. Would like more content here, as I don't really have enough to go on yet. Not really enough here to decide yet.

plytho - Nearly skipped him on my way past, due to thinking it was me :lol:. There's very little content from him, less than I'm used to from plytho, I feel. If he doesn't provide a wall-like reads list at some point, I don't know what his restriction is! I have no issues with his side of the fruit vendor discussion, although I'm not sure how much I agree. I think him shutting it down was okay, as he's right that we don't necessarily need to decide until D2. Very weak town lean here, more data needed.

Sabrar - I previously didn't like his nearly-all-scum reads list, but his explanation makes sense. His town-read on threetwoone based on minimal responses seems a bit of a stretch. Otherwise, not much to draw a conclusion on - in general he's giving reads, but there's minimal to no reasoning on several of them, aside from the reads list, which doesn't add up with me being one of the four possible lynches. Still, gut says slightly town currently, but that could easily change.

SDK - Not said much either. As said previously, his third vote on wam is entirely within SDK's meta. But that's about the only useful content from him so far. Insufficient data.

threetwoone - New, but also quiet. Insufficient data - needs to post their thoughts on some of the goings on.

Vicarin - Asked a frankly useless question about numbers in his first post, and made a weird comment re. Sabrar and "indie friends" that I don't understand. Talks a bit about the setup. No other useful info, and only two posts. This feels very un-Vicarin-like so far. I would have expected more from him. Very slight scummy lean.

wam - Another one who feels quieter than usual (am I just misjudging how long the game's been going on for?). I can accept his 2/3 comment being a fishing for reactions post, but he hasn't said anything as follow up about it. I can see where others have come from re. wam/Mark team, but I'm not convinced enough. The weird vibe comment on Sabrar feels a little OMGUS. Not said much about most players yet. Maybe a bit scummy.

Town
Madge
moody
Sabrar
plytho
LaserGuy
threetwoone
SDK
mpolo
Vicarin
wam
Mark
freezeblade
Scum

Don't take that as a hard-and-fast list. I feel very unsure of positions from about plytho down to wam.

Unvote: wam
Vote: freezeblade

By the way, whilst I'm thinking about it - I've partially changed my mind on the Fruit Vendor - I think it's probably better the first time that a fruit is received that the recipient claims (giving us a better idea of the setup), but thereafter, recipients should keep quiet, so that they can act as confirmation of a fruit vendor claim, if needed.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Sun May 27, 2018 9:26 pm UTC

I'm even more sorry than yesterday. I totally forgot I'd planned a game of pandemic legacy (season 2) today so I didn't have enough time for a reads list. I've started working on one and I promise it'll be there tomorrow!

Here are some responses/ thoughts:

Vicarin wrote:The setups where mafia doesn't know what setup it is are 6 and 10, 7 and 8, and 9 and 14. Most of these of these, mafia have a rolecop anyway. So realistically, any claims aren't going to narrow down the setups too much for mafia.
You forgot 2 and 13. Also, odds of rolecop hitting a vanilla townie are pretty high the first nights.

Madge wrote:
plytho wrote:I'm sort of assuming 10-3 no daychat until we start dropping power roles to narrow down the options.

That’s interesting. Why would you assume something that’s the most advantageous to town? Shouldn’t we be operating under the assumption that the mafia are coordinating in real time? I think you’re trying to lead us into a false sense of security. Once we get flips we’ll have some good guesses to make, but until then we need to be conservative.

I’m not dismissing the other options. I’m just following the odds, 9 out of the 14 setups are 10-3, 11 out of 14 have 10 townies. So we probably have 10 townies. I’m expecting enough power roles to be revealed (flipped or claimed) by the time the exact setup becomes crucial.

I'm a little worried about Mark.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Are we just being less chatty than our past few games?
I feel we started right into the weekend so a slow start makes some sense.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:more data needed
Tomorrow!
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun May 27, 2018 9:44 pm UTC

I was super busy yesterday with my niece's birthday, and the boys were in that so-tired-they-can't-sleep phase well past their bedtime. I was hoping to get them settled and try to give you guys some content, but i ended up just falling asleep. We'll see how many of the 10 pages of content I can get thorough!

Wait, we're still on page 3? Somebody's slacking. Looking at you Sabrar, wam-as-Sabrar, and Vicarin.

Mpolo, moody, freezeblade and SDK all apparently missed that they are on my naughty list for choosing people that I have never played with before (and aren't me). I actually wasn't expecting any of them to reply because that was obviously not a real read, and they all did! None of the replies all that interesting except I have no idea what moody is talking about. Guessing he is thinking of other Madge.

@jimbob: You should be happy to be even getting a naughty list from me. You know I don't normally explain my reads on D1. So if Vicarin was posting useless fluff and lurking hard when he normally is busy and aggressive, I wouldn't mention something like that.

Madge being bessie is great. She's on my nice list. Mark is on the nice list too, though not for his imitation of SDK.

Don't have time to process a bunch of the big posts. Hopefully later today assuming the boys actually sleep tonight.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun May 27, 2018 10:00 pm UTC

bessie returns clutching a rope, with a Labrador Retriever following behind her. The dog immediately goes to where SDK is seated, lies down next to him, and puts her head on his foot.

bessie: [looks around, disappointed] Hey you started without me!
Madge: [smugly] Tough luck you should have been back sooner.
SDK: You didn’t miss anything, wam is scum.
wam: Am not!
SDK: Are too!
wam: Shut up!

[wam stands up and lunges toward SDK]

Dog: Grrrr.
freezeblade: [grabbing wam’s shirt and holding him back] Hey knock it off, you’re not playing the right way. You’re not supposed to fight, you’re supposed to vote.
Diemo: bessie, why don’t you take a count and see where we are?

Official Votals:

wam (2) : Vicarin, SDK
jimbobmacdoodle (1) : freezeblade
Madge (1) : Mark_Cangila
freezeblade (1) : jimbobmacdoodle

Not Voting (8) : LaserGuy, Madge, moody7277, mpolo, plytho, Sabrar, threetwoone, wam

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Deadline is Wednesday 30th May 3PM GMT+1
Last edited by bessie on Mon May 28, 2018 6:48 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

threetwoone

Postby threetwoone » Sun May 27, 2018 10:40 pm UTC

haha looks like i'm returning a no result on people's radars. i should probably start posting more.

can we try to wagon freezeblade?
---Three Two One!---

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun May 27, 2018 10:48 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote: The fact that Madge entirely avoided my Werewolf/SK question until I brought it back up, then, while she did admit it was a bit of a problem, she said that it was unlikely.

You brought up the werewolf/SK issue in your confirmpost, which is why I forgot about it at first, because I was looking at posts from the start of the day. That’s all. I’d also already written up my response and saved it in my googledoc I’m using to compose posts this game, so I remembered *answering* it, just not communicating the answer.

The reason I said it was unlikely is because it is, because I had the statistics to back it up. Unlikely as in, what did I say, 40% chance? Not as in 5% chance.

Are you scared that there’s a werewolf because you and your buddy have worked out that it’s likely the case based on your roles? Not sure what to do, who to target? Don’t look to me for help. I’ll help you find scum but I’m not helping scum to scum better.

Mark_Cangila wrote:For avoiding conversation about Werewolf/SK.

What is there to discuss? “It is a tragedy they should continue to occur”? Werewolves are bad, SK are bad. We should be on the lookout for two potential scum teams, we should be on the lookout for an SK who is doing the sorts of things SK like to do in the voteoff department (note: I have some ideas about what this is, and while I normally like to help newbies, giving a potential newbie SK strategy advice is not my jam).

At risk of it being an OMGUS, I am very, very suspicious of your post. It’s like you’ve taken my advice of identifying someone scummy to try and bring the focus off you and you’re putting it 100% to work. I’m not sure why I became the victim of it, but maybe you’re doing some OMGUS of your own?

Anyway, that’s probably enough of that.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:There's actually not all that much to go on so far. Are we just being less chatty than our past few games?

Yes, and I love it, because it means I can produce these posts. People complimenting my roleplaying is giving me life. So folks, if you want to stop me from being the best bessie that ever bessied, feel free to start writing producing walls of content that make me throw my hands up.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I've partially changed my mind on the Fruit Vendor - I think it's probably better the first time that a fruit is received that the recipient claims (giving us a better idea of the setup)

That’s an interesting thought. The fruit vendor appears in only two setups, so it’s good information. However, if mafia knows there’s a fruit vendor, mafia now knows the exact setup. I’m a bit concerned that mafia knowing the full setup is a bit dangerous in this case as in one setup we don’t have any investigative roles and in the other we don’t have any protective roles, so it means scum JOAT will know whether to strongman/ninja and probably allow further shenanigans. There might be a point at which scum only needs town to make one wrong vote and they can clinch the game, and might be able to use their knowledge to effectively claim. I’m not convinced that this is the best idea for us. Probably moot though, once a PR is dead, scum probably knows where we’re sitting. Then again all the discussion about mafia knowing the setup anyway. Maybe it is a good idea. I’m not sure.

LaserGuy wrote:You know I don't normally explain my reads on D1.

Do you EVER explain your reads? On any day? :lol:
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon May 28, 2018 3:06 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Mark - to be clear, are you accusing Madge of being the SK/a werewolf?

She seems like it to me. I know there is only a 40% chance of Werewolf/SK, but that still is significant IMO. Also, the fact that it is in the confirm post seems like a good excuse.
LaserGuy wrote:Mark is on the nice list too, though not for his imitation of SDK.

Sorry, I am not cut out for Meta-Mafia. I didn't except it to be so RP intensive.
Madge wrote:
Mark_Cangila wrote: The fact that Madge entirely avoided my Werewolf/SK question until I brought it back up, then, while she did admit it was a bit of a problem, she said that it was unlikely.

Madge wrote:Are you scared that there’s a werewolf because you and your buddy have worked out that it’s likely the case based on your roles? Not sure what to do, who to target? Don’t look to me for help. I’ll help you find scum but I’m not helping scum to scum better.

No. I'm scared because a strategy that would be good without a Werewolf could possibly be awful for town with a Werewolf.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 28, 2018 6:22 am UTC

I've trying to decide if there's anything useful I can contribute to the setup spec discussion. The discussion about the fruit vendor has been very interesting since it's a role that I've never played with before and have no idea what the strategy would be. I guess receiving a fruit does tell us something about the setup, so in that sense it could be useful to us. BUT the fruit vendor claiming would tell scum the exact setup (I think?). I suppose it also tells the Town PRs the exact setup as well, but I don't think that effects PR strategy all that much. So it's probably just kind of a neutral play. I think it might be worth thinking about the Commuter claiming if there is one, since they're basically guaranteed to be safe for a couple nights, and it might help the doctor/watcher (depending on setup) pick their targets a bit. But maybe not. I don't think there's any obvious breaking strategies in this setup, so it's probably not worth worrying about too much until later in the game when we have some night results to work with.

Mark_Cangila wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Mark is on the nice list too, though not for his imitation of SDK.

Sorry, I am not cut out for Meta-Mafia. I didn't except it to be so RP intensive.

You aren't required to, or expected to, roleplay at all. Those of us who are doing it are just having a bit of fun. Whatever posting restriction you may have in your role PM is probably optional, so do not feel at all obliged to try to follow it if you don't want to. If anything, you (and threetwoone) may have a bit of an advantage, because your reads won't be affected by how well you are able to disentangle the pretend meta from player. Just have fun, do your best, and try to catch scum in whatever way you think is best, and don't worry about what someone may or may not be doing with their meta. You're on my nice list right now, so you must be doing something right :)

threetwoone wrote:can we try to wagon freezeblade?

Are you upset that he put you in Team Green? I mean, it could be worse, you could be in Orange, which is a really stupid color. And your teammates are much more fun than mine. I have nothing on moody and jimbob is so boring when he's Town.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon May 28, 2018 7:28 am UTC

If you want to wagon him, place a vote and provide some reasons backing it up. Or just place a vote, although that is usually seen as scummy without explanation.
LaserGuy wrote:jimbob is so boring when he's Town.
Err... sorry?
Mark_Cangila wrote:I'm scared because a strategy that would be good without a Werewolf could possibly be awful for town with a Werewolf
Whilst your point is correct, I'm not seeing much strategy talk in thread. There's the fruit vendor one, and that's about it. What strategy are you referring to here?

Mark, do you have reads on any other player apart from Madge? FWIW, talking down the risk of an SK is often a sign of one, but Madge has produced enough to make me happy with her. If evidence later suggests an SK or second team I may need to rethink my read, but not now.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon May 28, 2018 7:47 am UTC

Oh boy, my weekend was busy... Finally getting to catch up.

Unvote: wam

plytho wrote:You forgot 2 and 13. Also, odds of rolecop hitting a vanilla townie are pretty high the first nights.

Nope, didn't forget. I'm sure you can figure out how mafia can distinguish between those two setups.

The odds of a rolecop hitting a VT are pretty high, sure, but the odds of the rolecop, the lynch, and the NK only hitting VTs is a lot lower. So in the 3/7 chance that mafia doesn't know the setup, they'll probably figure it out pretty damn fast.

With regards to the fruit vendor speculation, I'd say that having the fruit vendor be able to act like an innocent child is way more important than trying to help narrow down the setup.

Will be back in a bit with reads...

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 am UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:No. I'm scared because a strategy that would be good without a Werewolf could possibly be awful for town with a Werewolf.

What strategy is that? I can’t think of anything. We need to identify scum, so we find people who are proposing poor strategies, letting us keep our misconceptions, or attacking/defending people to an unreasonable degree or based on faulty assumptions (note: when I attack someone it’s always reasonable). This doesn’t change very much when we have more scum to find, except that we have, well, more scum to find.

I didn’t want to vote for a newbie on the first day, but you’re acting so scummy I can’t justify not doing so.

Vote: Mark_Cangila

@Mark,threetwoone: Don’t stress out about the roleplaying. Pretend you’re not roleplaying at all. You’re fine. Nobody’s expecting you to do anything you’re not feeling. Trust me, as much as I hate some peoples’ playstyles, the last thing we would do is ask people to change. Most of us are having fun playing with someone else’s meta because we’ve played mafia together for years. You don’t have that history to draw that joy from, so don’t let this colour your game or make you feel worse about it. Play how you want to play and if any of us say weird stuff, feel free to ask for context or explanation. For example, I’ll be hammering Laserguy’s play style because bessie is always exasperated at my own play style but calls me clever anyway, and I’m playing bessie and Laserguy is playing me. It’s simple, really :lol:

Speaking of…

LaserGuy wrote:Are you upset that he put you in Team Green? I mean, it could be worse, you could be in Orange, which is a really stupid color. And your teammates are much more fun than mine. I have nothing on moody and jimbob is so boring when he's Town.

What makes orange a stupid colour? Can you elaborate what you mean by that? Do you think it’s orange itself or some property of the members of the orange tribe?

LaserGuy wrote:I don't think there's any obvious breaking strategies in this setup, so it's probably not worth worrying about too much until later in the game when we have some night results to work with.

If there’s a game breaking strategy I think we just need to give you time and you’ll think of it, you’re so clever!

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:FWIW, talking down the risk of an SK is often a sign of one, but Madge has produced enough to make me happy with her. If evidence later suggests an SK or second team I may need to rethink my read, but not now.

To be clear I think a serial killer is a terrible thing and we are going to need to get rid of them if they exist, and we should be ON GUARD, all I was saying is that in response to Mark’s question, the SK is by no means a guarantee and anyone with passing knowledge of mathematics would understand that, so his question either came from not reading the setup closely (probably reasonably likely for a newbie in confirm phase—the setup wasn’t prominently indicated prior to the game), or from being worried about the possibility of a rival scum team.

Vicarin wrote:With regards to the fruit vendor speculation, I'd say that having the fruit vendor be able to act like an innocent child is way more important than trying to help narrow down the setup.

Agreed. I don’t think we should claim fruit until the vendor claims. Fruit is only useful as a way of verifying the vendor’s claim. The only exception is if scum claims a town PR that is impossible with the fruit vendor existing: then the fruit existing is a way to counter-claim that PR claim, and it is probably better that a fruit recipient claims than a vendor claims. There’s ways for this strategy to be messed with, though, but I won’t go into detail from them. Suffice it to say, in a counter-claiming situation, the fruit recipient is not ironclad, and only one fruit recipient should claim at first. I can go into detail why later if anyone is particularly concerned about this one specific edge case.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 28, 2018 12:39 pm UTC

How are you friends? I'm back!!!

I'm liking both my newbie friends but the experienced players will probably become suspicious if you don't participate more...
@Mark: could you please post your opinion on jimbob, LaserGuy, moody and mpolo?
@threetwoone: what do you think of plytho, SDK, Vicarin and wam?

I was right earlier! plytho is not Mafia but still could be Werewolf... We'll see about that tomorrow...

Still liking LaserGuy, I guess I will trust him to be Town this game. His reads are another question entirely though... And it seems neither of the two Madges read my analysis of the Fruit vendor situation here. So sad... Slight townie points nonetheless.

Feels very weird Madge complimenting herself...

Oh, and before I forget. There is a particular piece of content out there that I don't want to be discussed today. Players from Newbie New Year Mafia might understand what and why...

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon May 28, 2018 1:46 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Oh, and before I forget. There is a particular piece of content out there that I don't want to be discussed today. Players from Newbie New Year Mafia might understand what and why...

This is going to be rather annoying to do if it does become relevant today.

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon May 28, 2018 2:10 pm UTC

I almost have all the bricks for my wall, I’ll build it in a couple of hours. Here are some thoughts, responses:

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:plytho - Nearly skipped him on my way past, due to thinking it was me :lol:.
I start rereading my own posts thinking it’s you :)

Mark_Cangila wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Mark - to be clear, are you accusing Madge of being the SK/a werewolf?

She seems like it to me. I know there is only a 40% chance of Werewolf/SK, but that still is significant IMO. Also, the fact that it is in the confirm post seems like a good excuse.

What do you mean by “the fact that it is in the confirm post seems like a good excuse.”?

Sabrar wrote:Oh, and before I forget. There is a particular piece of content out there that I don't want to be discussed today. Players from Newbie New Year Mafia might understand what and why...
Ugh, I wasn’t in newbie new year.

Vicarin wrote:
plytho wrote:You forgot 2 and 13. Also, odds of rolecop hitting a vanilla townie are pretty high the first nights.

Nope, didn't forget. I'm sure you can figure out how mafia can distinguish between those two setups.

The odds of a rolecop hitting a VT are pretty high, sure, but the odds of the rolecop, the lynch, and the NK only hitting VTs is a lot lower. So in the 3/7 chance that mafia doesn't know the setup, they'll probably figure it out pretty damn fast.
Right, forgot about that bit and you’re right, they’ll probably figure things out fast.

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon May 28, 2018 3:40 pm UTC

Madge wrote:My second choice was SDK, FWIW, and I demanded a day cop to best play his meta.

Ha! Thanks for the compliment! 8-)

Guess I should probably get around to using my day-cop shot sometime today...

Mark, question for you: what did you send that PM about in the pregame?

:narrowed eyes:
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon May 28, 2018 5:08 pm UTC

Madge (as bessie):
Tunneling Mark, which is fine. Good thoughts on the fruit vendor in this post seem to come from a townie perspective. Response to Sabrar's fake list feel good.

Madge wrote:I know it is a wonderful meta that we should all seek to emulate as much as possible, but did we read the same post? Laserguy has spent, like, three quarters of his posts telling us about his weekend plans.
:lol:

LaserGuy (as Madge):
Is your posting restriction that you're not allowed to have reads Day 1? If not, please get on it. I have literally nothing to go off of with you.

Sabrar (as Peaceful Whale):
Not a big fan of this post. Maybe he was trying to channel Peaceful Whale?

This fake list might be scummy? Sabrar, please explain the thought process you had while posting this (I want more strategic planning than you gave in your answer to jimbob). Also, give your real reads with justification. Also, please explain if and why you find Mark's confirm post scummy fo' real.

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:If you had to lynch somebody right now, who would it be?
Mark, Vicarin, wam or you. Cannot narrow it down further.

I feel like you have spent much more time talking about other players.

I dunno. I mean, if you want to be lynched Day 1 like Peaceful Whale usually is, then carry on! :P

wam (as Sabrar):
Some town vibes early on. This post is pinging my scumdar for reasons I can't figure out.

Reacts to Sabrar's fake list by replying seriously, then says he'll be rolling with any scummy reads. Not a fan.

moody7277 (as Vytron):
moody7277 wrote:SDK is always a riddle wrapped inside an enigma wrapped in a taco. He claim VT and I'd be all "right, sure" untill he does one of his patented scum discetion posts of someone and be 100% correct, then really turn out to be the SK and destroy us all in ways too gruesome to say in this post. With Vicarin, I'm still trying to buld a notebook on him. jimbob I've seen enough of to get a good read eventually

Here you're just talking about the future. Do you have any current reads, moody? Nevermind, that'll do (good reads list, followed up by meh).

moody7277 wrote:If I were going to watch anyone N1 based on current info, it'd be either Mark or wam, maybe LG.

What does this mean?

PS: If you were really Vytron, you'd have voted me by now. :P

Vicarin (as Zen):
Vicarin wrote:Will be back in a bit with reads...

Okay.

plytho (as jimbob):
Maybe town? Asking questions and stuff, I guess.

plytho putting off posting, even for nice weather, somehow feels wrong. Continues with setup spec a little later than I'd like.

plytho wrote:I'm a little worried about Mark.

Why?

mpolo (as Sungara):
Probably town.

threetwoone (as hueristically_alone):
Minor townie vibes.

I'm game. Why do you want to?

Would you join my Sabrar wagon instead if I started that up?

jimbobmacdoodle (as Freezeblade):
Catches Sabrar's fake list and shoots back with a question.

Overall, pretty great reads list.

Freezeblade (as Snark):
freezeblade wrote:Anyone who votes for people off of their confirmation post will get a vote from me, fair warning.

Are you currently voting Madge?

Mark_Cangila (as SDK):
Mark_Cangila wrote:I originally wanted to discuss them to start up conversation. I brought them back up as a counter to Madge's attack on me re: PMs. She hadn't answered a question about Werewolf/SK she said she would, which I found suspicious.

All that sounds awesome, but why do you say "suspicious"? Do you think she's likely to be scum because she didn't answer? Can you explain what scum!Madge would gain by ignoring you?

Ah, you think she's werewolf specifically. In my experience, SK's typically love talking about SK's, just to make it clear that they of course can't be an SK, otherwise they'd be avoiding talking about it! Madge is tunneling you, and I would advise you not to worry about it - I believe Madge is town.

Do you have any other people you think might be scum, Mark? What do you think of Sabrar or freezeblade?

Unvote, Vote freezeblade as promised.

wam, plytho and mpolo, please tell me whether or not you'd like to hop on this freezeblade wagon.

threetwoone

Postby threetwoone » Mon May 28, 2018 5:37 pm UTC

@SDK
Because freezeblade is doing a fair amount of fluffposting and we might get info out of him.
frick i accidentally got spoiled from reading his posts what do i do
---Three Two One!---

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 28, 2018 5:38 pm UTC

threetwoone wrote:@SDK
Because freezeblade is doing a fair amount of fluffposting and we might get info out of him.
frick i accidentally got spoiled from reading his posts what do i do

If you've read a spoiler, then please contact the mod immediately and refrain from posting until they decide what to do.

wam

Postby wam » Mon May 28, 2018 5:59 pm UTC

@sdk
Where do I say this

Then says he'll be rolling with any scummy reads

@threetwoone

As stated ask the mod. It is a very common mistake!

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon May 28, 2018 6:11 pm UTC

wam wrote:@sdk
Where do I say this

Then says he'll be rolling with any scummy reads

In the linked post. Your exact words were "And with the fact I'm always considered scummy d1 I am just rolling with it."

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 28, 2018 6:28 pm UTC

Madge, have you seen orange? It looks awful on everything. There is no situation where it is better to use orange rather than yellow or red. I'm sure you're paying attention because you never miss ANYTHING so you already know what I think about the members of the Orange tribe.

SDK, I have been pretty up front about who I find naughty and who I find nice. Not my fault if you haven't been paying attention. But if there's something you aren't sure about, you can always ask. I'll even answer you!

wam

Postby wam » Mon May 28, 2018 6:32 pm UTC

Ask

Sorry I mis read your post I thought you meant I would.be just sheeping other people's scummy read.

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon May 28, 2018 6:35 pm UTC

wam wrote:Ask

Sorry I mis read your post I thought you meant I would.be just sheeping other people's scummy read.

Ah right. I can see how you'd read it that way. Could have made it more clear, sorry.

So, hey, do you want to get on that freezeblade wagon with me, wam?

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon May 28, 2018 6:44 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:SDK, I have been pretty up front about who I find naughty and who I find nice. Not my fault if you haven't been paying attention. But if there's something you aren't sure about, you can always ask. I'll even answer you!

Hmm... Paying more attention this time (with post numbers)...

Naughty/Scummy
Vicarin (P2) - "posting useless fluff and lurking hard when he normally is busy and aggressive" (P3)

Nothing/Neutral
jimbob (P4)

Nice/Town
Sabrar (P2)
Madge (P3)
Mark (P3)
jimbob (P4)

Oddly enough, I feel like I might be able to more easily get a read on Madge in future games after this excercise! :P

Do you still think Sabrar is town at this point? What do you think of freezeblade and wam?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon May 28, 2018 7:08 pm UTC

SDK wrote:jimbobmacdoodle (as Freezeblade):
Catches Sabrar's fake list and shoots back with a question.
As much as I'd like to take credit, I think somebody else pointed this out first. I just commented on it.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon May 28, 2018 7:16 pm UTC

I can definitely see an active lurking charge against freezeblade (lots of posts, but not much content). I am willing to vote on an active lurker in the absence of something better. I'm not seeing a lot more to comment on at the moment. Hopefully more time tomorrow.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 28, 2018 7:19 pm UTC

SDK wrote:This fake list might be scummy? Sabrar, please explain the thought process you had while posting this (I want more strategic planning than you gave in your answer to jimbob). Also, give your real reads with justification. Also, please explain if and why you find Mark's confirm post scummy fo' real.

Hi friend! I feel like channeling BoomFrog today...
I don't think more explanation is needed for that list than I already gave, it contains both my mind-set at the time and the reason why I decided to post it anyway. I'm still getting reactions to it which is great (e.g. you are scum :) ). My reads are based on little nuisances which are incomprehensible to mere mortals (otherwise known as meta-reads, you should ask bessie about these, she simply adores them). Regarding Mark it's not simply the confirm-post but how he followed upon it.

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon May 28, 2018 7:20 pm UTC

Yeah, I don't know how not to talk about something I'm not sure I noticed.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:31 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:

This is going to be rather annoying to do if it does become relevant today.

Smells like the start of another classic Sabrar Secret Plan. bessie would not be amused.

@Madge: How do you feel about Sabrar being cagey about some ultra powerful tidbit he's found?

SDK wrote:What does [If I were going to watch anyone N1 based on current info, it'd be either Mark or wam, maybe LG.] mean?

Pretty much what it says. Those players being my scummiest reads, as of right now I'd use a tracker power on one of them.

And, oh yeah I'm supposed to be playing Vytron, so:

vote: moody7277
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon May 28, 2018 7:34 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Pretty much what it says. Those players being my scummiest reads, as of right now I'd use a tracker power on one of them.
There's a big difference between watcher and tracker.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:38 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Pretty much what it says. Those players being my scummiest reads, as of right now I'd use a tracker power on one of them.
There's a big difference between watcher and tracker.

If I were going to set a Watch on someone, it would be either mpolo or Sabrar at this point.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 28, 2018 7:47 pm UTC

moody should be in the neutrals instead of jimbob on there twice. Otherwise, you're on the right track.

I think wam said he was away over the weekend, so I'm giving him a bit of time to see if he says anything I like. If not, he'll be on the naughty list.

Sabrar is still on the nice list.

freezeblade looks scummy to me, but he looks scummy to me every game, so IDK. freezeblade is on the naughty list, but I'd rather lynch Vicarin or plytho over freezeblade at this point.

Ooh! moody self-voted. How exciting!

Return to “Mafia”